Reviews of Hotel Vía Argentum - Spa y Deporte 4 stars

Outeiro, 52, 36540 Silleda, Spain

#6 of 10 hotels in Silleda

Staff not great! Felt very mistreated!
    • Double or Twin Room

I booked a spa treatment on arrival with the hotel receptionist for 4pm! I went down to the spa and was taken in and had my treatment! There was a mix up with the booking and while I was waiting to go another patron accaussd me of stealing her treatment! This was very embarrassing as I had made the booking as did my friend on arrival! The mistake was with the hotel staff. I arrived on time and I was not asked for my room number which might have prevented the mix up! But so you are sure the receptionist made the booking for me for 4pm and my friend for 4:30pm and told us that was confirmed! I should not have been treated like that my the salon staff!

Nice location with easy access to the town.

Good room but not a good choice for Camino hikers
    • Double or Twin Room

The spa was closed on Sunday when we stayed, which was a disappointment. The hotel is not convenient for hikers on the Camino as it is approximately 1.5 km off the Camino and there are no inexpensive bars or restaurants nearby.

The room was very clean and spacious and the food was good (but expensive) at the rooftop restaurant.

Not up to expectations.
    • Triple Room with Spa Access

Staff were over run on the night we stopped. NOT their fault and head waiter did a solid job attempting to keep people happy, however his assistant disappeared under pressure.

Clean hotel. Average Spa .Not sure management know what they are trying to achieve!

A clean, comfortable hotel with very friendly and efficient staff but check the pool hours.
    • Double or Twin Room

After a long day walking the Camino de Santiago we were very disappointed to find that the leisure centre/swimming pool had closed for the day at 2:30pm. Even the next morning it only opened at 10:30am which was too late for us to use the facilities. I would suggest that they open for more customer friendly hours.

Excellent and very helpful staff, from the time we arrived 'til the time we left they couldn't do enough for us.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

6.0
    Disappointing stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Pool closes on Sunday afternoon and is not open again until 10.30am on Monday- this was the main reason for us choosing the hotel. Restaurant shut on Sunday, so only able to get 'snacks' , very disappointed.

Comfortable rooms,

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Spa was nice and organized, everything worked fine.
    • Double or Twin Room with Spa Access

Only 1h30 for spa No wi-fi signal in the bedroom

Staff was great

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

The restaurante and breakfast was very poor!

The restaurante and breakfast was very poor!

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

Nice stop for us as pelegrinos to get some power for the...

The Restaurant Open at 20.30 Uhr Very Late for German People for takin Dinner

Nice stop for us as pelegrinos to get some power for the Rest of the camino. The jellow Fletcher was in Front of the Hotel :))

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

This is a very modern hotel with a minimalist feel in the...

This is a very modern hotel with a minimalist feel in the public areas. The rooms are very comfortable and the beds are large, even my wife struggled to kick me in the night, for a change. The breakfast menu is limited, but good quality and lunch and dinner are available though not with a large choice. The staff were helpful and friendly. The pool in the spa is not enormous, but it is warm and relaxing. Various treatments are available. I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

The spa facilities were excellent.

For a supposed four star hotel, there were several worrying aspects of our stay: The evening meal was quoted as 15 euros per person, but it turned out that this had to be booked in advance. This was not made clear at the time of booking and on the booking confirmation. So, the fixed priced meal was not available on the first night of our two-night stay. The hotel rooms were advertised as being air-conditioned but, in reality, provided heat only and did not cool the room. The bulb in the table lamp in the room was missing. This was remedied after we commented, but the lamp still did not work; it transpired that the socket the lamp was plugged into was faulty, so we plugged it into the TV's power socket. We could have the lamp or TV, not both. The hair dryer in the bathroom stopped working on our second night. On our second night, having booked the fixed-price evening meal, we had to send a tuna cannelloni back twice as it was cold in the middle! It presumably had been microwaved; it had certainly not been baked. The coffee machine at breakfast was not working on our second morning. On checkout, our euro currency card was debited in sterling rather than euros, which means we will incur unnecessary charges. We had no time to get this rectified. In summary, the service and attention to detail were lacking; we have had better service and facilities in cheaper accommodation during our stay in Spain. If it were not for the spa, I would rate the hotel as two star at the most.

The spa facilities were excellent. The staff were eager to please. The bed was large and comfortable.

There are also 5 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.