Reviews of Ibersol Antemare -Adults Only- 4 stars

Avenida Virgen Montserrat, 48-50, 08870 Sitges, Spain

#34 of 38 hotels in Sitges

comfortable bed, friendly staff, clean hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

direction of AC air flow was directly to upper body while in bed. I have returned sick from the holiday. The room was at ground floor and we were afraid to sleep with open door. Without AC on was very hot in room.

comfortable bed, friendly staff, clean hotel

The glory of the hotel goes away
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We stayed at rear hotel part he building, too small room, no view, not too fresh furniture, scary architecture, the way to room through many strange corridors, just one or two stars would be more concise for the hotel quality... absolutely not 4 stars.

Sparkling wine for breakfast.

This hotel is definetely not a four star hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

I had my phone stolen so my friends were calling the hotel to help me but the staff refused to put the call through to my room and they refused to take a message for me. I never heard of that before at any decent hotel?! The room had noisy birds outside but for a fee they offer to move you, its even written in the elevator! This hotel is not 4 stars at all!

There was a breakfast but it didnt taste nice at all. Definetely not the level of a 4 star hotel.

Excellent location, good facilities and helpful and laid...
    • Double or Twin Room

The property might want to increase availability of benches for guests to lounge poolside, the is ample space so it would be quite ease to add some extra benches

Excellent location, good facilities and helpful and laid back staff, the place offers both the opportunity to relax and enjoy life

Staff were amazing and very friendly and helpful
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms need drastic updating, cleaning non-existent, had to ask for room to be cleaned a couple of times and when it was cleaned it wasn’t done to a high standard. Shower door warped, marks all over walls and bed uncomfortable. Lots of wear and tear. Not a 4 star hotel in our opinion.

Staff were amazing and very friendly and helpful

Fine. We will stay elsewhere next year.
    • Double or Twin Room

Aircon didn't work and there was a problem with the drainage such that the shower overflowed if you both wanted to shower so we had to use all the towels every day to mop up the water.

Beds were comfy, terrace was a really good size

Still a great hotel
    • Double or Twin Room with Pool View

It was noticeable that there were fewer sun loungers meaning a scramble at breakfast to secure a spot. The hotel needs to buy more. In addition there were no parasols. This is really basic and letting the hotel down.

Really nice rooms and terrific bar. This was our third time staying at the hotel.

It was Ok but I think they could try harder
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was clean but quite basic for a 4 star. No Drink making facilities in the room. I booked the dinner one evening. The food was quite basic for the cost. Drinks were very expensive

The staff were mainly good

Amazing.
    • Double or Twin Room

I would have liked a hot tub on my terrace as there is lots of spaces. And would pay extra for this feature.

Beautiful morning in this place. Staff were lovely, they called us a taxi and were so helpful. Lovely water at reception that is great to drink :) . I was sad I didn't get to try out the beautiful pool. I will be back and will be telling all my friends and family off how much I loved my stay. So beautiful .

Not right place for gay please also for earlier adults âges, only for mature couples are welcome
    • Double or Twin Room

The receptionist old guys was horrible rude,HOMOPHOBIC, unprofessional, no polite at all, special when they working in a hospitality industry “hotels”. I did asked for a help, as they kitchen was already closed, they refused to give me any delivery numbers, switch the phone off in my face, when I went down his was shuttered on me for no reasons, I was absolutely shocked with they acting .

Pool is excellent, the waiters are friendly and helpful

It wasn’t average, would not stay again
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was small, wardrobe was small and they also tried to charge me for the stay when I got there even though had paid in advance

The room we got was small. I cannot speak for any of the other rooms but the one we stayed in was not like the pictures online.

Request a room overlooking the pool area - otherwise the parrots will wake you early!
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was disappointing. Hot section was cold and pastries hard which is a shame because it has potential to be really good. The bar is nice and well stocked but lacking atmosphere.

Comfortable bed and nice shower. The Pool area was nice to have drinks.

Great Hotel, Amazing Location
    • Double or Twin Room

Amazing location and modern looking property. Very clean and just one street from the beach. Have already booked to stay again. Staff helpful and always smiling. Very relaxed hotel and great pool and terrace area. Away from the hustle and bustle but close enough for a short walk to the shops, cafe's and bars. Would highly recommend.

Peaceful, nice place 15 minutes walking to center.
    • Double or Twin Room

15-minute walk from the center. Rooms lack some amenities, like a coffee pot. Air conditioning isn’t great.

Nice hotel with pool, one block from the beach. Firm beds.

disapointed, wouldnt stay there again
    • Double or Twin Room

hotel was quite far from the town, thought it was closer rooms very noisy, walls are very thin; you can hear people talking in the next room, and the corridor lots of buidling work going on around the pool area; this was not mentioned at the time of booking; nor did the hotel think to inform us before our stay, which would have been the correct thing to do

good breakfast selection

nice hotel with good athmosphire
    • Double or Twin Room

the pool was on renovation - it wasnt written on the web.

.the breakfast was nice with choices. the stuff are very nice and welcome. good wifi on rooms . welcome drink to booking guests was nice.

The staff are very nice, in the hotel everywhere is clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

Coffee from breakfast need to be a bit improve.

The staff are very nice, in the hotel everywhere is clean. Breakfast is greate. A very nice hotel for relaxing and to enjoy your days off.

Rate was good, breakfast was good, request a room overlooking pool.
    • Double or Twin Room

No tea/coffee making facility in the room. Room was over the front entrance, automatic door is noisy and guests returning late. The neighbours parrots meant no lie in.

A really lovely stay, the hotel is clean and wellcoming with everything close for a relaxing holida
    • Double or Twin Room

Dinner first night was bad and expensive. Did not have dinner there again.

Staff are very helpful. Room and bathroom fresh and newly refurbished. Breakfast very good.

Nice Hotel, about a 10 minute walk from Sitges town centre.
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Hotel is nice - we stayed in a triple room - however the 3rd bed was just a couch pull out and wasn't the most comfortable. nice balcony overlooking the pool. we ate in the bar a couple of times for lunch and the food was ok not amazing. The staff were friendly but they seemed to be under pressure running from the bar to the restaurant not sure if they were short staffed when we were there. the pool was lovely, and there were plenty of beds available. overall I would recommend this hotel for a short stay.

Adequate for our needs but pricey for what it was.
    • Double or Twin Room

While appreciating that the prices were hiked up for Sitges Bear Week, we felt we were short changed given the size of the room, lack of breakfast, in comparison to friends that were staying there at the same time. The door fell off the wardrobe within 24 hours of us arriving but that was fixed quickly. Also the rooms that face out over the hotel entrance Including ours) look on to back gardens, one of which contained an aviary of numerous parrots, parakeets and macaws which were pretty noisy in the daytime.

The pool area was great - clean and well-maintained with the bar and restaurant right beside it. The rooms were clean and well-serviced by the maid and the beds comfortable.

Very relaxing
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing.Just would have preferred too be a bit more central.

Location quite food was lovely staff very helpful pool area lovely and well maintained very nice place today stay.

Not good hotel for the price I payed and it's so far from the city
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was horrible it doesn't look as the picture they have on booking.com the bed was stiff and not clean at all so far from the city half of the staff doesn't speak english or they don't understand well they gave me room not the one I choose and they charged me to change it £120 no room service and they don't have Iron until I asked for it and they asked me to pick it up from the front desk and it came without iron board the towels looked old and been used a lot they need to change it no one helped me with the luggage I have to carry it by myself

Absolutely FANTASTIC
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Lovely pool area, you could order food and drinks at the bar which would then be delivered to your sun lounger. Fab buffet breakfast. Really friendly. Great rooms - lots of space. Fantastic for kids. One street back from the beach. Can't wait to come back.

Lovely little place. A nice location for a peaceful Sitges getaway.
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel could provide tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

Beautiful pool area, loved my balcony, and excellent location for a peaceful stroll along the boulevard to the centre of Sitges' restaurants and nightlife.

A pleasant stay in a great location; great breakfast, average room.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was smaller than expected for the price, there was a smell of sewage from the bathroom at night. The room decor was not 4 star quality e.g. a missing stitch in the blanket on the bed had been stapled rather than sewn or replaced.

The breakfast was excellent and the lobby and pool area were nicely decorated. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the location was lovely, just across from the beach but off the main promenade. Walking distance to the town centre but far enough out to be quiet and relaxed. There was free parking on the streets around the hotel.

An average 3 star Spanish hotel with the usual average...
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast... original room was too small. I had to move the bed, walk lamp and sidetable every time i neeed to get into the wardrobe. The hotel staff did find us another room when I suggested this wasn't acceptable for a four star hotel

An average 3 star Spanish hotel with the usual average breakfast. This is not a four star hotel.

We had a nice stay at the hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was suppose to have WiFi all over the accommodation. In our rooms, there was NO WiFi. For our kids that was very disappointing.

It is a modern accommodation close to the see

Wonderful Sitges, good hotel, will definitely return.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a little tatty in parts, but that really didn't matter to us. We never ate at the hotel, the coffee was horrible. We went into town for breakfast and dinner, there are loads of lovely cafes, restaurants and bars, very reasonably priced.

My room was very spacious, with super comfy huge bed, good air con and shower. The layout of the hotel is strange, I was in a sort of annexe bit near the spa and I liked it, but it was not in the main body of the hotel and some people might prefer that. It's a 20 minute stroll in to town, along the prom at the front, we really enjoyed the walk in the morning for breakfast and the evening for tapas and drinks. The pools were very nice, so is the beach. Sitges is very Spanish and has a lovely atmosphere, there is a big gay population which really adds to the place whatever your preference!

A Find.
    • Double or Twin Room

The scuffs on the wall of the rooms could do with a touch up of paint. They were white so detracted from the overall look .

Great and well-priced food in the restaurant. Discounted for residents. Small and quiet pool in the back with lovely sitting area. Very nice and helpful reception staff.

Not 4* hotel

Booked delux triples. The rooms were dirty and very basic. If you get put in the main hotel those rooms are ok but most of are party were put in the anex. Lights having out of the ceiling, stains on the walls, ants in the room, no mirror in the room to get ready, aircon did not work, camp bed for the third guest was very poor quality you could feel all the springs and it flipped up when you sat on it. Sunbeds broken. Pool murkey. Staff not helpful.

Nothing. Rooms we were put inwere not 4* and nothing like what we thought we were booking.

Good location - not quite what it looks like in pictures
    • Double or Twin Room

There's a bad smell in the corridors. The pictures make it look nicer than what it really is. Can do with a lick of paint and some basic maintenance. The parrot from the neighbouring property makes sleeping in impossible - I've never heard such a racket. Breakfast is simply awful - dry fried eggs, bacon dripping in oil and like cardboard. Surly staff. Do not include breakfast.

Excellent location. A bit of a walk to the old town but close to the beach in a quiet neighbourhood.

Lovely stay - right on the beach, up the quieter end of town
    • Double or Twin Room

The Spa-it shouldn't be called a spa hotel as it's very dated that section of the hotel.

When we arrived (far earlier than check in) Our rooms were ready for us already, and we were all upgraded to a sea view/pool view room. Rooms lovely and modern, lovely atmosphere and friendly staff.

Nice location. Good beaches nearby.
    • Double or Twin Room

Didn't think the staff on reception were particularly friendly. Too engrossed in their work to greet guests. One pool towel each per stay????!!!!!! We stayed 10 days and the towels were difficult to dry in our room along with our swimming stuff. Should have complained. I did show surprise when I tried to change it and was told one towel per stay. Have stayed at hotels where you pay a returnable deposit for towels to be used on the beach etc and then they are exchanged for fresh ones after use. Ate the set meal only once in the evening. Not impressed at all. Didn't eat there again in the evening. Had the food been good we would have eaten our evening meal there more often for sure. Bed linen not changed during our stay. Had to ask for room to be swept re sand brought in on our shoes and towels etc. Should not have to ask surely in a hotel near the beach.

Good location. Pool facility. Good beaches nearby. Good restaurants nearby. Good varied choices for breakfast. Dining room staff were excellent. Bar staff excellent. Drinks and snacks were available round the pool.

Great hotel and location , poor customer service and value for money
    • Deluxe Triple Room

We booked a deluxe triple and arrived to find we'd been dumped in a basement room with a gloomy balcony smelling of catpee. We were moved to a much smaller room upstairs which was miles better by comparison but by no means "deluxe". Customer service from the reception staff was generally unhelpful and the A/C required switching on every night from the reception as there was an unrectified fault in the room.

The pool on site was a bonus and the bar staff were very friendly and helpful

There were no kids!
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is in a quiet location, very close to the beach but if you want access to a shop or restaurants on your doorstep then this is not the place for you. It's a 15 min walk to town which is fine for me but others prefer to be more in the action.

There were no kids!

Another great stay in Sitges.
    • Double or Twin Room with Pool View

Whilst we knew it was Pride weekend we had no idea the pool party was being hosted here on the Saturday which was pretty loud. Saying that, they stopped at 7pm as advertised and it wasn't too much of a hassle to go to the beach instead.

It's the second time we have stayed here and it is because all the little things they do right go to make the overall experience so good.

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in please avoid this one.
    • Deluxe Triple Room

It's dirty. The cleaners do t even clean it properly. There's black mouldy on the walls - it's very bad value for money. The staff are unhelpful and mean . Such a bad hotel

I didn't like anything about this hotel - it was dirty and old and staff were mean. No info given and not value for money. Don't stay here !

We really enjoyed our stay. It was a great hotel for a weekend break and we would come back again.
    • Deluxe Triple Room

The pool towels were on the small side.

The pool area was lovely. The choice at breakfast was very good, although the hot food could have been kept a bit hotter. The cakes were delicious. The service was good.

Value OK for the money, but not a 4 Star hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

the hotel is showing its age: the paint in the rooms is chipped, the rubber seals in the bathrooms are getting mouldy, the carpets need to be replaced. the quality of the food served at the buffets was very low.

the staff is friendly, although with limited foreign language skills, the pool is clean and very enjoyable. The rooms are small but comfortable.

Great location and comfortable room.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were not very welcoming on our arrival and the early breakfast staff were definitely stretched as they were not ready for those of us that had early flights to catch.

The location was excellent. Breakfast was okay but was not ready at 7.30 as we were led to believe. Our room was comfortable with a very nice bathroom and balcony.

Well located for the beach
    • Deluxe Triple Room

The swimming pools were empty and there isn't really a spa, just massage treatments...Which was disappointing. It should be stated a bit clearer that this is the case. The staff were perfunctory and helpful enough but I wouldn't rate the service particularly highly.

The hotel is a bit of a walk from Sitges but is really close to the beach. All the shared communal spaces are nicely decorated. The rooms are nice enough and the shower was big and good! Overall, it's fine for a weekend get away but probably not the kind of place you would spend too much time in.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Good overall service and comfortable room.
    • Double or Twin Room

Ask the neighbour to keep his parrots covered till later than 7am as can be very noisy in the side we stayed.

Good overall service and comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Great Hotel / Terrible Food !
    • Double or Twin Room

The food was terrible really really bad and not what was described on the menu at all but will definetly recommend just stick to the great restaurants in the local area.

Great Hotel lovely room very clean

Good stay in this beautiful hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

An iron and a kettle to prepare tea or coffee in the room would have been great.

Extremely beautiful hotel. The bed was comfortable, the room was nice and the shower spacious. The room was always cleaned every day. Lots of channels on TV, in many languages.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Not great.
    • Double or Twin Room

Let me start by saying that we got an extremely good deal from Booking.com and in that context, this place was fine. However, it is advertised as a four star property and really isn't fulfilling that. The entire hotel smells of whatever the kitchen is cooking, often fish, so if you aren't a fan of fried fish don't book here. The extra large double bed was two twins placed together, so not really a double. The maid doesn't really seem to clean, only makes the bed, and rinses out the shower and sink. And yet manages to leave her hair somewhere in the room everyday. The staff is not unfriendly, but also not particularly pro-active or helpful. We didn't try the breakfast, it looked fine. The spa was being renovated, which explains the extremely good rate. The amenities and services one expects for a 4 star hotel are lacking here. Maybe this is because it is low season? Nonetheless, I wouldn't recommend it to any other travelers.

The location is close to the beach. It is a bit of a walk into town, but is quiet and restful. The rooms decor was simple and clean, the balcony was large and got sun all day. Sitges is charming, and the deficits of the hotel were evened out by this very nice, small town feel.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Lovel

The walk to Sitges which took 20 mins

We were in the part of the hotel which was at the back in a separate building but connected by a walkway. These rooms have not been upgraded however the bathroom was nice and rooms cleaned everyday.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Okay but not a boutique experience.
    • Double or Twin Room

Facilities in the hotel are a bit shabby and need a refresh. No room service. Not enough sun lounges by the big pool. Many broken sun loungers and sun shades. Food wasn't great and price of drinks was high and no cocktail menu.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean and a good size and the wifi was decent.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Great ambiance, but the quality of the service could be improved!
    • Double or Twin Room

1. The bathroom needed some fixing. 2. The room service was poor. (You would expect to have fresh towels, and bed sheets to be changed.) 3. Breakfast was ok, but could certainly be improved.

1. The Décor and the ambiance 2. The pool area was very nice and certainly did lift my spirit.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Nice location close to the beach.
    • Double or Twin Room

The ventilation emitted a slight musty smell which in our room and in a friend's room on the other side of the property.

Nice big pool on the property. Food at the hotel was tasty and reasonably priced.

An enjoyable stay in a lovely setting
    • Double or Twin Room

I am a wheelchair user. The ramp up to the hotel was extremely steep My husband couldn't push me.The staff did offer to help.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

Disappointed but we booked late and now understand why this was one of the only hotels available.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff - not that friendly. No sign of any management. Rooms are basic and the walls are thin - bathrooms tired/paint flaking off and the towels paper thin and fittings are cheap Sunbeds broken by pool. No changing / shower facilities on check out day before we left for the airport. We saw this hotel had 4 stars - but our previous visit to Sitges was in another hotel with the same rating - but it was in another league.

The pool is the only recommendation Bed and air conditioning were adequate

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Great Location - good Value for Money
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was not cleaned properly and bathroom smeling bad. Breakfast could be a bit better for a 4 star hotel.

The location is amazing! Less than 5 minutes from the beach and 10min from Sitges city centre. Staff in the reception were really nice and friendly. The hotel facility and service was good overall and I would recomend to a friend.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Excellent - highly recommended!
    • Double or Twin Room

I arrived late in the evening and tiered after a long day at work plus my travel from Manchester. The hotel staff made me feel very welcome pointing out the facilities. The room was very comfortable with a balcony and view over the pool - which I enjoyed the following morning after breakfast. Excellent experience all round 👌

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

We moved out after two nights! Think this is a budget family hotel, it's not a 'stylish'
    • Double or Twin Room with Pool View

Too noisy , many too many people for the resturant, pool, and common areas . They have added an annex, you don't see that on the website.. The pool was like an overcrowded public baths with a school trip . Horrific

The staff at reception where helpful but overworked

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Quiet Hotel in Sitges
    • Double or Twin Room

Location was okay. A 10 min walk from main Sitges, so no as close as some of the other hotels. However, it has its advantages if you want to be away from the nightlife. Would be fine if there were any taxis in Sitges but transport is pretty poor. Probably not the place to stay with elderly parents, as I did.

Great swimming pool and outside area. Plenty of sunbeds. Selection of wines at breakfast including sparkling wine for that breakfast Buck's Fizz!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Misleading room description in advert and confirmation email
    • Double or Twin Room

A double bed or two single beds are offered on Booking.com & described in the confirmation email as being a room 'with a large double bed' but they confirmed that they don't actually have many double beds at all in the hotel and that they therefore don't intend to honour their Booking.com advert. The hotel also wont advise you that you won't get a double bed even if you request it in your Booking.com notes because they are concerned you might cancel your reservation. I was left very disappointed by the misleading description and confirmation email on Booking.com and advise you not to stay here if you would like a double bed.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Sunny Sitges
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Staff working in the restaurant were on the whole, not the best. Slow, abrupt and reluctant.

The general decor and design of the hotel is very comfortable and has clearly, recently been updated. The pool area was great for adults to relax and kids to play safely. Overall hotel staff were helpful and responsive.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Hotel with masses of potential
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Our room, a delux triple, was very scruffy/tired & did not resemble the pictures on the booking site Extra sofa bed for one of our children was very uncomfortable You could hear other guests in their rooms Bathroom was very basic - felt like a public changing room rather than a hotel bathroom Not enough sun beds/umbrellas around the pool area All in all I felt the bedrooms let the hotel down and could be much nicer (they were a good size)

Great pool - small one for little kids and an adults/older kids one which were kept clean and were warm Very close to the beach and a nice 10-15 minute walk into central Sitges Nice bar area with some good happy hour offers including ice creams for the kids (although they were running low!) Good breakfast Drinks and bar snacks were reasonably priced Some lovely, friendly staff (a couple were a bit miserable but they all worked long hours in the heat which may explain why)

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Very pleasant hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Lift was broken on the day we arrived so my husband had to carry our case up 4 flights of stairs, was fixed next day though. I asked for the use of an iron and 1hr later had no response from reception only to find it in my room when I returned from dinner that evening.

Good smooth running hotel. Clean and modern. Layout inside of the hotel walkways is a bit random, with chairs layed out in a large space, could do more with this. Room itself was quite small but had everything we needed, cleaned daily. Breakfast is full of choice and nice location within the hotel, choice to sit inside or outside. So close to the beach or if you prefer the pool area is also relaxing with enough beds for all. Would recommend to friends in future.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Slightly dissatisfied
    • Double or Twin Room

Considering this is a hotel and spa it was very disappointing that after we had to check out at mid day there was no place we could shower and change later on as we had a late flight

Bar food and drink excellent value for money

Good hotel!

Not enough sun beds

Good week half board
    • Double or Twin Room with Pool View

Cooked breakfast in morning always cold by 830 am outside needs decorating looks tired An dated

Location evening food

Good hotel , nice pool, small rooms, good value
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms on the small size but adequate

Pool, communal areas

all good

the coffee

all good

Relaxing
    • Double or Twin Room

Location to the beach and centre was excellent

No iron or lack of irons the hotel looks like secondary...
    • Double or Twin Room

No iron or lack of irons the hotel looks like secondary school

Not applicable

Not applicable

The breakfast

The breakfast

Everything.

Nothing to dislike

Everything. Could not have been better.

Clean, attractive hotel but 1 or 2 of the older staff members ruined the experience for us.
    • Double or Twin Room

Some staff very rude and made us feel uncomfortable. We felt like a nuisance asking for food or drinks at the bar!

Clean and well presented

the breakfast was excellent, also the staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

the breakfast was excellent, also the staff. the rooms small but very clean.

Good value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room with Pool View

Good value for money. However walls are very thin so sound between rooms and to the hallway is more than usually at hotels.

Very nice hotel in a good location and great value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Lack of ventilation in bathroom

Value for money , nice location and well sized room

No phone in room