Reviews of Axel Hotel Barcelona & Urban Spa- Adults Only 4 stars

Aribau, 33, Eixample, 08011 Barcelona, Spain

#336 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

• Double or Twin Room

We were only advised that the rooftop pool/spa area would be out of service during our stay, after the free cancellation period had expired. This was very disappointing as it was one of the main reasons we selected this hotel. We were refused a discounted rate, but received a minor room upgrade. What we were not told until after we arrived, was that we were able to make use of a pool in an associated hotel nearby - which was nice. Some work is required on the basics at this hotel, eg: - Mood lighting in the lift seems nice, but makes it very hard to see and select floors numbers that are not backlit. - Lift/Room Access cards need replacing, or at least clean the readers. We spent a lot of time along with other guests, frustrated at how long it took to activate the lift and access our room. - Trendy music in the foyer is great! But having speakers playing this loud music directly above computers in the 'business centre' is not practical at all.

Great location, 2 blocks walk to the Metro, and 15min walk to Place de Catalunya. Staff were friendly and welcoming. The Wellness centre (Spa) was excellent and worth the extra 10 Euro per day. The additional services (massage etc) were very expensive compared to offerings elsewhere.

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent location, staff very friendly. A Plus having roof top pool & jacuzzi. Clearly aimed for gay couple’s although we were heterosexual we were still made very welcome.

• Double or Twin Room

One of the towels had long hairs on it, but since I was alone I simply took another one instead of calling housekeeping. Rooftop was on renovation (may 2018) and it was a disappointment since I booked this hotel because of a rooftop pool. Also receptionist said I could go to TWO hotel which is 10min walk and use their facilities. Which I did and loved their pink sunbeds :) Another one is they didn't charge me a city tax (1 or 2 eur) on check in when I gave my credit card and asked me to pay it on check out when I was in a rush. Please, charge everything together. It would be a bummer to miss my flight because of 1eur tax.

Comfortable bed, lovely reception, stylish room, little balcony facing a nice street, good location (air bus stop is just a few blocks away, walking distance to city center, taxi from barceloneta around 10-12eur). Room fully equipped with everything you could possibly need from bathrobes to razors. Loved funny shower bottle designs (soap that asks to touch me is hilarious), even took some with me to show my friends :)

• Premium Double Room

They need to change everything the bed was old yellow and with holes. It’s look very disgusting

The place design really nice and The guys in the front desk really nice

• Double or Twin Room

The drinks were very expensive 15 euros for a G and T. The rooms are stylish but not very practical. The shower room was quite dangerous, with 3 steps down from the shower. The breakfast could be much nicer. With the number of local bakeries they should be able to source better products. What attracted me was the LGBT focus and whilst it was there i felt it was only catering to a certain client group

The reception staff were very nice.

• Double or Twin Room

My room's air-con and the basin didn't work and when I asked to be moved, no one helped me transfer after a long day and flight, and I was given the disabled annexe where you could hear loud music from reception all night.

Location, rooftop bar

• Double or Twin Room

I purchased 3 cans of beer at a much cheaper price at the small market across the street ... when I arrived home I had an email asking for my credit card for accessing the mini bar. Of course I explained to them but never had an apology. there was an extra fee to access the spa to sit in the sauna and whirlpool ... I did not think the facilities warranted extra charge by any means.

• Double or Twin Room

Not the first time at Axel and definitely not the last ! This time my friend and I stayed 7 nights and from the day we arrived till the day we left, all I can say is that the whole Axel team was just great ! If u don't know the hotel yet, it's right in the heart of Eixample, a perfect location for visiting and goin out at night. The Axel's breakfast buffet is yummy with a varied choice of food and the spa-gym is all u need before having a drink at the rooftop skybar for warming up. A special thank to Marc the manager and to Hermés from the wellness club for all their kind attentions. Hope to come back and see u soon Jonathan

• Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately rooftop bar was closed for construction while we were there, so we couldn't check it out.

The hotel is in a great location surrounded by many good cafes and restaurants. We really enjoyed walking around the area. Front desk staff was great with all kinds of help and answering questions. Bastosz in the front desk even helped us to check-in early because my wife was feeling sick and she needed to rest. The room itself was spacious and had a great view. We really enjoyed staying here.

• Suite

You can't beat the location, and the suites on the 7th floor are spacious with lovely terraces, but unfortunately the rooftop was under renovation during my trip. That meant that the SkyBar was closed, the pool was closed, AND there was loud drilling right above my head every morning starting at 0900, since I was in the sub penthouse. I called hotel staff several times about it and they initially said they would look into it, but, after several conversations, they finally told me "You'll just have to deal with it. We are renovating". Given the late nights one tends to have in a Barcelona vacation in E'ixample, this was unacceptable. For anyone considering this property, call ahead to ensure there is no construction going on, and that the rooftop facilities are fully operational for the duration of your stay. If that is the case, it is a good hotel. If not, stay elsewhere, as they won't work with you to ensure you are able to get a good night's sleep.

• Double or Twin Room

THE HOTEL - we were disappointed to realized that the bar and the pool were not available at the time we were there. Unfortunately this was not mentioned in the confirmed reservation form. I believe that this type of information should be in bold rather than hidden place in the website - this is misleading! they should at least reduce the price or offer us another compensation - breakfast for instance? we were offered to go to another hotel which was more than 2 Km away. THE ROOM - premium room was very uncomfortable. There are 3 stairs inside the room. A friend of mine fell from these stairs, luckily he didn't need any medical help. The glass door in the shower was broken and the floor was full with water all the time. The air-condition didn't function very well, although set to 19 degrees it was very hot in the room and we had to open the window to cool the room a little. The room is very close to the road and VERY noisy!

The stuff were very nice and willing to help. The location is great.

• Suite

That without notification at the time of be booking the rooftop bar and pool were cloaed for reconstriction

Location, suite, terrace of my suite, staff friendliness

• Double or Twin Room

The 'sky bar & rooftop' was closed for maintenance but I wasn't pre-warned about it (a guest I spoke to was pre-warned). I asked for a quiet room but was placed in a room at the front of the hotel where there's quite a lot of street noise, when I asked to be moved, it wasn't possible. The elevators use a key card system which sometimes didn't work, both for myself and other guests.

Fantastic location. Well maintained. Staff are friendly.

Very nice location at the heart of Barcelona, walking distance almost all “Gaudí” places, las Ramblas, the beaches, good cafes and restaurants. The fitness is very good and serious.

• Double or Twin Room

I am not a fan of negative comments but I unfortunately did not like the hotel. There was a huge sewage smell at the room, especially at the last night I could not even sleep. There is no wardrobe. There is no shelters for luggage. I have been additionally charged for taxes around 10 euros (for 3 night) which is not written at booking.com. It is written a hetero-friendly hotel at the definition but there are naked-men-couple photos literally everywhere. By the time we started to feel uncomfortable with my girlfriend.

• Double or Twin Room

The bar accomodation: only open from 7pm on ... , extra coat hangers, a place in the bathroom for a "lady's toilet bag" !

The location, they had great answers to tourist questions like .... "can you inform us about a flaminco night, have you a list of tapas bars for youngsters, what is the rate for taxi's etc..

Liked everything

Very nice hotel. Staff super friendly especially Dave who we dealt with at reception. It’s a hotel catering predominantly for the gay market but very hetro friendly. We got a free room upgrade and the room was great. Bed super comfy, shower superb. The Peru/Japonés restaurant in the hotel is also fantastic.

• Double or Twin Room

I decided to try the breakfast in the restaurant, I’m afraid that didn’t live up to expectations. The hot food was cold and the toast seem to take ages to toast

As a regular visitor to the Axel Hotel I know what to expect and came up to usual standard

• Double or Twin Room

Room service a bit overpriced for the quality of food. Hallways weirdly dark in the evening - better lighting would be useful.

Well-designed space. Beautiful view. Helpful staff.

• Double or Twin Room

Overall overpriced. Here's why: hot days and the swimming pool was unavailable (but it was in April, so we've kind of understood...), way too overpriced rooftop bar, overpriced price per night for the overall quality, too loud music at the lobby even all night long, some lights on the room cannot be turned off and bathroom shutter doesn't blackout, terrible (or discussable) decoration on the hotel lounge but specially on the bedroom (too "cheap", not worthy of what Axel should stand for), bad bed mattress and huge pillows (too large and too tall) bedside tables (which were not tables but a whole behind the bed in we must say a nice design) very unpractical and even dangerous (it has electric plugs so be careful if you take a glass of water to your bedside).

Very friendly staff, good amenities, spacious room and nice area.

• Premium Double Room

A little noisy from neighbours opening/closing doors, and having showers / using bathrooms. A bit more insulation indoors would help a lot.

Good location, nice, big room & bathroom / shower.

• Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like that the room I booked and prepaid 8 months earlier through Booking.com was on the day of my arrival, 100 Euros less AND included breakfast on the hotel’s own website!

The staff, location and cleanliness were all superior

• Suite

The hotel is amazing. The staff is wonderful; always so nice and helpful. The property is located in the perfect place - convenient by a short walk to almost everything in the city. The restaurant is great. The restaurant (buy included breakfast) is amazing; breakfast will exceed your expectations. The hotel all around will astound you. I'm looking forward to staying again.

• Premium Double Room

The staff are amazing. Everyone is so nice and very helpful. The property is perfectly located - near to everything. The rooms are well appointed. I will stay there again. I recommend you stay with them too.

• Double or Twin Room

We were given a free upgrade at check in which was great. Rooms were stunning and spotless. Loved having a balcony that opened up into the street. Rooftop bar and pool area was great, however the drinks were a bit pricey compared to bars in the immediate local area. Bed was really comfortable, and the pillows were amazing.

• Double or Twin Room

Not much to mention really maybe just the astronomic prices of the mini bar, more realistic prices more selling

Excellent facilities beautiful deco amazing room excellent location the terrace bar is wonderful

• Double or Twin Room

The room was not properly clean. One of the days the room was only cleaned at 7PM, sithout any towells. The key was always failing.... No bath gel available in onecof the days.. The watter flowing im the pipes was disturbing. It was not a couple bad but two singles bads....

• Double or Twin Room

SPA area is not free of charge, was not fully working. One sauna was not working, so only the jacuzzi. The pull on the full was under the maintenence.

• Double or Twin Room

First time I booked premium room and the Secound time normal and they offered the same room exactly no difference. Other point I understand the check out time by 12noon, I requested them if I could pay half day and I can stay only till 6pm. Unfortunately they charged me full day. I strongly believe if they want to retain guests they should be flexible. Third point they don’t clean the room floor properly.

The location of the hotel perfect.

• Double or Twin Room

THE ROOF WANST THE MOST GLAMOUROUS ROOF TOP IVE BEEN ON IT DIDNT REALLY MATCH THE QUALITY OF THE REST OF THE HOTEL

THE ROOM WAS VERY NICE AND CLEAN AND IT HAD A NICE BATHROOM WITH A POWERFUL SHOWER AND A VIEW TO THE ROAD WITH A NICE JULIET BALCONY, THE STAFF WERE VERY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY

• Premium Double Room

We were called to stop having a 'party' when only 2 of us were in our room. Not sure why.

Axel had clean rooms and spacious rooms by Barcelona centre standards. They had a nice roof top bar. They were friendly and let us leave our bags there for several hours before check-in. The gym was nice and wel equipped.

NA

John on reception was amazing, all the staff made us feel incredibly welcome, will stay again for sure, fabulous locaiton, room, customer service and general vibe. Wonderful huge thanks to all at Axel

• Classic Single Room

In all the common areas of the facility there is high music and it is difficult to have a biy call with some privacy if not in the bedroom. The noise in the bedroom is low, the walls are well insulated, but the door is not really insulating so if someone comes back in the near rooms during the night you could have the impression they are actually in your room...

Nice location perfect for any destination of my trip. Comfortable bed and clean rooms. Love the restaurant!!!

• Double or Twin Room

+ great position (5 min walk from La Ramba) + awesome breakfast + good gym + nice hotel + friendly staff - not sure if I would come back in this hotel, why? I don't know....it's just a feeling that I have. I haven't got any bad experience, everything was great and would reccomend it absolutely. Great value for money = room = breakfast = gym = central position

• Double or Twin Room

No transparent information about hotel typ on Booking.com, we were a bit surprised about the hotel slogen „hetero friendly“...

Location, parking, comfort, staff

• Double or Twin Room

That guest have to pay for the SPA facilities and don't receive complimentary coffee and tea, especially at the price you pay. That the swimming pool was not working

Bed and shower was great. The Sky bar was amazing

• Double or Twin Room

Bar was expensive. The lifts are not the best. Had to pay to access the spa.... €10 a day.... really?

Room was nice and had everything inside also I was upgraded for free which was nice. Bar upstairs was nice too except the costs Great location for bar, restaurants etc

• Double or Twin Room

One of the best Hotels in Barcelona. Clean room, big comfortable bed and nice view. Staff was super polite and helping with whatever you need to know. Amazing breakfast , fresh tasty food. The restaurant is one of the best as well. Very nice spa and gym. You have almost everytging around the hotel. Clubs, caffe, pubs, restaurants, shopping .. Roof garden with super nice coctails and wonderfull Music are open every evening. Thank you all for my staying there , ill come back soon :)

• Double or Twin Room

Great place!!!!Beautiful energy!!!They Prepare for me (it was my birthday) a special room, with decoration and little gifts....and gave us an upgrated room, with an incredible balcony with decorated "liberty" glasses. The Spa is really beautiful and comfortable. The terrace with every night some special party is Amazing. What else????Thanks to Daniel and Alberto!!!We surely will come back!!Anna&Marcos

• Double or Twin Room

It was what I expected to be and I would stay there again. Nothing to complain.

The staff was friendly, they were able to answer my questions both in English and Spanish. The room was clean, not very noisy if we consider that it is located right in the middle of the city and it has everything in a 5 minutes walking range (party, groceries, subway, restaurants, etc...)

• Double or Twin Room

For a 4 star hotel, it should be more guest care, reservation details made tho booking.com weren’t present at check-in moment ( bed type, arrival time, bedroom preferences ) they should confirm or just ask the guest preferences when they are making the check-in and assigning the room. The spa area has an extra fee, I'm not sure if it worth the fee, but the gym is free.

Great location, great great great staff! (Daniel, John, Bartoz) very well done! Breakfast not bad!

• Premium Double Room

It is on the heart of barcelona with lots of shops and entertainment around. The staff are super friendly and helpful. Thanks to Andre from the reception who was very helpful and friendly.

• Classic Single Room

There seems to be some kind of "emergency light" on the ceiling right after the entrance which I couldnt turn off so the room was never completely dark at night.

Excellent location, very friendly reception, stylish gay hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

My wake-up call never happened. Front desk staff said they called the wrong room . Luckily, I had a back-up plan in place to make an early intrenational flight.

• Double or Twin Room

We decided to book Axel on the recommendation of IGLTA and expected the hotel to appeal to our expectations. However, the entire experience was short-lived right from the time I booked the hotel to the time of check-out. My reservation was via booking.com and the booking did not require pre-payment. However I was charged on my card without approval and when the transaction was not authorised, I was told my booking will be cancelled lest I pay in full. After reaching out to the hotel on my own, I was assured that booking will not be cancelled. Payment was later taken in full prior to arrival. Upon arriving in Barcelona, we stayed at another hotel and were going to stay at Axel for the last two days. A day prior to arrival, we enquired about early arrival/leaving bags with them and also booking electric bikes for sight-seeing at the front desk, the associate on the phone assured us that we can book through them upon check-in. When we arrived, and enquired for the bikes, there were none available and the desk agent asked us to book it ourselves outside. Very unprofessional, especially when we are paying for services to be provided from the concierge amongst other expected hotel services. For a reputed hotel to have baggage tags that looked more like Bingo ticket coupons and that they were being taped to our luggage – gave me a glimpse as to what else can unfold. We checked-in much later during the day after sourcing bikes on our own and the room was very well received. The complimentary tea & coffee had a note – they do not replenish – it’s a one-time service! I have never in my life ever come across such a concept. I have worked in global hotel chains and stayed at them too, even independent resorts & hotels have the basic courtesy to replenish tea & coffee. Add to that, no iron, weigh scale or availability of the service in hotel. Spa access –paid? Indoor swimming pool – closed – I really have to wonder if I paid EUR 200 for nothing.

Nicely decorated and thoughtfully planned furniture and ergonomically designed spaces.

• Double or Twin Room

Advertised entertainment in rooftop bar never materialised. Drinks expensive. Have to pay extra 10 euros each visit to use spa facilities. Didn't use the Restaurant as it was over-priced and always seemed empty because of this.

loved our room at the front of the hotel. Great shower. Friendly staff

• Double or Twin Room

For those with homophobia the hotel may not be a good option as it’s a Hetero friendly hotel. Please check the pictures on their web page prior to reservation.

Breakfast was excellent the location was also fantastic

• Double or Twin Room

I can't think of anything that I didn't like it at the Hotel! Everything was absolutely fantastic!

When arrived at the property I was warmly greeted by Alberto at the reception who was nice and kind and offered me a free upgrade to one of the top floors room with a city view! The receptionist provide me with all general information about the Hotel, breakfast and facilities leaving me with no doubts, furthermore he also recommended places to visit during my stay. The room was spotless clean with two balconies, a nice bathroom with a strong shower, the bed was very comfy, bathrobes, free toiletries. Facilities of the Hotel is superb! Priceless stay! Deftly returning soon!

• Double or Twin Room

amazing experiance ! nice and kind staff from the reception- javier, john, and the amazing staff from the breakfast , good location and qulity we will be back for sure!

• Premium Double Room

The room we paid for was advertised as a "Premium Room" (310) but was much smaller than premium rooms we had been given on previous visits. Also, the late check out information seems to differ depending on whom you speak to... At check in it was first hour free + €10 per hour, but had to be confirmed night before check out. On night before check out we were then told it was €15 per hour. Then at check out both the €10 + €30 charges appeared on our bill - confusing!!

Nice to see some of the hotel has been updated since our last visit. Daniel was very helpful in sorting out our bill at checkout as we had received conflicting information on late check out and two different charges appeared on our bill. Location is great, the hotel is well maintained. Rooftop bar was lively, but long drinks are expensive!!

• Double or Twin Room

I had no complaints during my stay.

I stayed from 27 to 30 Jan 2018. The staff were very welcoming and helpful, the room was very clean and well presented. The breakfast was a great choice to meet every preference from juice, cereals, continental to full english, chocolate croissants were excellent. The rooftop bar had a great view and open late. There is good places to sunbathe too and a pool but as it is January the pool wasn't in use. There is a spa too but didn't have time to use it. There are great restaurants and bars within walking distance and easy walking distance to Ramblas and Gaudi sites. Close to University metro station too. While the hotel is in the heart of the gay community if was very hetro friendly. I would definitely stay there again.

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing really. It’s a pricey hotel, and you have to pay for the spa, which perhaps could be included.

Nice hotel, great location. Good breakfast, staff seem happier then they used to be! Nice spa facilities too.

• Double or Twin Room

Thought the spa was included

Everything was great, the only reason not a 5 star for staff as one of the guys who was polishing the floor was a bit rude Also we were upgraded so extra cool room however would have preferred to be upgraded to spa access.. just saying Great stop round the corner was brunch & cake also

• Double or Twin Room

-Probably a bit overpriced—-but it is a gay hotel and gays spend money -The spa access really should be free and included in your stay (it is 10 euros per day). I think this is just poor customer service. Part of staying in a hotel like this is the opportunity to pamper yourself and interact with others, make new friends, maybe even meet the next “mr.right”...who knows. The spa really should be included in your stay and not an extra price. -The elevators are quirky and slow....got annoying at times

The beds are super comfortable and it is a very clean hotel in a great location, right in the middle of the gay district. If you want to meet people and have some “fun”, this is a great place. Appreciated that they have a gym so I could workout each day, is close to public transport, and has a spa and really nice massage service. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

The toilet kept leaking after you flushed and the room was too hot! It took time to understand how it works... I'm actually still not sure.

I liked the location a lot and the staff is great! Especially Daniel!

• Double or Twin Room

Everything was to a high standard.

Friendly staff who always welcomed you when returning to hotel. Bed and bedding comfortable . Excellent location. Overall a well run hotel which I would use again.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was okay but not as expected in a **** hotel (no freshly prepared eggs, limited choice of pastries & fruit, etc.) The bathroom was not 100% clean. There were some hairs left in the shower, the toilet seat did not fit to the toilet. Joints in bathroom where not properly maintained. Lobby was noisy due to music. Balcony was shared with other rooms.

central location, nice staff, cool and stylish rooftop bar also with external guests.

• Classic Single Room

Two things, 1) the prices for drinks is way too expensive, £13.50 for 1 drink?!???? Not even London charges this much. 2) breakfast was very weird. I didn’t understand the concept & combination of the food. But i think this is more a local thing than that of the hotels.

Having had not such a great experience here afew yrs ago, they have definitely made hige chabges to improve everything. The staff were all English speaking & friendly & approachable.The rooms now have tea & coffee facilities, a nice wooden wardrobe & all the essentials; no need to take any toiletries!! The rooftop Skybar was awesome. Great views & nice sheltered & heated area.

• Double or Twin Room

Complimentary tea and coffee once used is not replenished. Seems a little mean

Lovely, well-maintained room, great decor, helpful staff, superb location. Predominantly a gay hotel that is hetero-friendly

• Double or Twin Room

Brilliant room, was upgraded free on arrival. ~Super comfortable bed! Love the location, lots of great bars and restaurants . Loved their roof top bar as well.

• Double or Twin Room

We loved the breakfast! Great choice of food, salmon meats, fruits etc. Our room was next to the elivator. We asked the reception to give us a roomchange. When we came back we got an upgrade to a bigger room that was more convenient for us! A special thanks to John from the reception to make our stay extra comfortable!

• Double or Twin Room

Great location and atmosphere. Friendly staff. Rooms do look better in real than on the pictures. Comfortable rooms. Everything is in walking distance. For sure I will stay at Axel the next time I visit Barcelona.

• Double or Twin Room

Beds were not comfortable, room service food is really low standard, spa entrance is not free for hotel guests which I find ridiculous. Ask for quiet room, as rooms have bad sound isolation.

very nice staff. amazing location

• Double or Twin Room

There is nothing to complaint about the hotel and the staffs

I almost love everything specially the hotel receptionist DANIEL, he was very accomodative, polite, friendly, and such a big help for any customer NACHO is nice too

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing everything was great!

I liked how friendly and attentive the staff were. Especially being new to Barcelona the staff helped me to find anything I needed. The room looked fantastic and the hotel is in a great location. The roof top bar was also great! 🍸

• Classic Single Room

Reception staff with attitude (already stayed at Axel multiple times and arrived at 2pm after a 23h trip, was asked to wait until 3pm although there were plenty of rooms already free. Indicated on reservation to get a room with a nice view but got the worst room in the hotel on the ground floor in the inner court yard. Spoke in Spanish but receptionist only replied in English?!) Very slow rooftop bar staff (had to wait 15 mins to order a beer and the rooftop was half empty).

Good breakfast, good gym facilities for a hotel but equipment needs a refresh, nice rooftop area and great central location.

• Double or Twin Room

Service was terrible, staff not professional, we had to ask everyday to clean the room, shower wasnt working two times. Its a 4 star hotel but overall it deserves 2 maybe 3.

Great location, very nice rooftop bar even if service is poor

• Double or Twin Room

Quality service amazing. the staff are definitely guest oriented. The room is very big with excellent quality of equipment. One point of improvement regarding the hours of room cleanliness a bite too late around 5.30 PM, it should be done earlier particularly when you come back to the hotel after a full day of city visit. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

they should put a king mattress protector to keep the 2 twin beds together. My room was a bit noisy maybe because there were stairs beside the room

very friendly staff and the spa is amazing

• Double or Twin Room

Everything ,but expecially the staff kindness , the interior decoration and the cleaness. A special thank to Daniel for his charming welcome and kindness. Very helpfull on looking for and booking a cosy restaurant in spite of late arrival

• Double or Twin Room

There was nothing to complain about. All was very nice.

The hotel is excellent. Everything was very nice. I had a big room and even though it had a balcony to the street I could not hear the traffic. The room was very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The breakfast was the best I have ever had at a hotel and the roof top bar is a nice place to relax at night. I would definately like to come back in the spring or summer.

• Double or Twin Room

Very smiling and always serviceminded staff. I sent a mail about late arrival. Answer was : «no problem, we are waiting for you! « very nice and quick respond!👍

• Double or Twin Room

wife in my room, sure it can be checked, otherwise no dislikes!

In the restaurant, the breakfast was adequate! My room was the one I wish to have and the staff bent over backwards to make my stay comfortable and were very attentive. It is like coming home every time I stay at Axel Barcelona, which I do three times per year. Only problem I had this time was faulty wifi in my room(306). I always recommend Axel whenever I can, and hope to stay many more times, next and coming years.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Elegant lobby spectacular room, my room had a great balcony overlooking the front of the hotel on the fourth floor. It's a great hotel and the sky bar is awesome. Even in the cold were able to enjoy cocktails on the roof cause of the heaters. LGBT all the way!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Decor dated a little tacky. Bad position of power points a common thing in hotels now

Staff, cleanliness, location, comp coffee in room ( a rare thing these days). Very good bed and pillows