Reviews of Hotel Cervantes 4 stars

Cervantes, 12, Old town, 41003 Seville, Spain

#136 of 166 hotels in Seville

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

Not a 4**** dirty smelly with construction in front street...
    • Double or Twin Room

Not a 4**** dirty smelly with construction in front street wet with open sewer. They didn’t notify me about the noisy mess. Not close to cathedral. Charged me extra 2 nights. Difficult to cancel with booking com. My worst hotel experience for $170/night. Ripoff not honest in website. Had to use earplugs.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

the place is despite it is close to the center of Sevilla...
    • Double or Twin Room

we had a room close to the communication and smoking area of the hotel. this was not convenient.

the place is despite it is close to the center of Sevilla quiet, many good places in walking distance. The hotel staff was very herlpfull, friendly and competent

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Overall, a nice experience
    • Double for Single Use

The street is under construction and could be tricky for guest arriving by foot to the hotel while carrying luggage. Taxis are not able to drive by the hotel. If a guest has a mobility issue it could be a problem. It would be nice if the management would let the guest know so arrangement could be planned. Rooms are fairly small. Checking around Seville hotels I believe that the room rate is somewhat high. A.

Staff is very helpful and friendly. Location is good although on a side street. Wonderful breakfast.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Nothing at all.
    • Double or Twin Room

There are road works directly out the front so access with luggage is difficult. This should be highlighted before arriving. Check in was terrible as the lady was unhelpful and quite blunt. I had to request the wifi password and a map to the city. Our car was parked for us appropriately 1km away. As we were leaving early the next morning we had to find the car ourselves in the dark with our luggage. There was no assistance offered. A taxi could have been called or they could have shown us our car the day before. There was a lot of noise during the night as people could be heard on the stairs.

Nothing at all.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

The hotel itself is fine.
    • Double or Twin Room

We were surprised upon our arrival that there is quiet a lot of construction going on around the hotel. The street is dirt and there are obstacles one must go through to get to the property. Taxis cannot get there so you are dropped off wherever with your luggage to find your way. This is a problem. It’s unfortunate but I feel like we should have been informed ahead of time. It can be tough if you are elderly or handicapped.

The hotel itself is fine. The staff is friendly and responsive. The location is good but getting to major sites is at least a 20 minute walk or more. Breakfast is good. The interior courtyard is very nice so you can sit outside.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

A good place to stay in order to visit sights with friendly and helpful staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Hard to get to, but this is temporary due to major road works. Room was noisy on first night.

Interesting hotel, with a nice local feel about it. Staff were friendly and helpful. Location was convenient as in the historic area, but not so close to attractions as to be over crowded. Room was comfortable and overall it was good value for money. Nice tapa places nearby.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

A really comfortable and enjoyable stay

See previous comment about being notified of the road being replaced outside and therefore no taxis could get to the door and therefore unsuitable for disabled visitors at this time, but the staff and hotel were good compensation for this, they were excellent

The hotel is a real Spanish hotel with beautiful décor, the only current detraction is that the road outside is undergoing complete replacement, hence no taxis could get near the hotel and it meant a walk on uneven ground. As we had a disabled member in our group this was not helpful, and should have been indicated prior to our booking

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

the hotel is located in the middle of an area that is being...
    • Double for Single Use

the hotel is located in the middle of an area that is being rennovated. This makes access very inconvenient. I had one small suitcase so it didn't matter but for a longer stay this is something that should be considered.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

A centrally located hotel which is ideal for exploring Seville.
    • Double or Twin Room

On arrival we found that the hotel was surrounded by roadworks with all the roads dug up. I appreciate that this is not the fault of the hotel but we should have been informed. I mentioned this to a member of staff who told me that all guests had been e mailed--well I had not been. Thankfully when we realised the hotel was in fact perfectly nice, it made up for the initial feeling of disappointment. Other than that there was nothing we did not like about the hotel.

The hotel itself was located near to the centre, the public areas were clean as were the bedroom and en suite. We liked the garden/quadrangle areas.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Not their fault but the street in front was all torn up. Too much smoking in public areas. When we checked out the price quoted us when booked was different than the price we paid. About $30 higher! Also advertised room with a balcony and there was no balcony!

Helpful staff. We couldn't unload or load luggage because of street being closed to traffic and staff helped with our bags to walk a few blocks. They helped with directions and booking events.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Good breakfast , nice interior decoration , staff helpful
    • Double or Twin Room

There are extensive roadworks at the moment meaning that you cannot get near the hotel by car and even on foot it’s hard to access . The street outside is a building site ,debris poor lighting and very hazardous .Apparently the roadworks have been going on since July but there was no warning on the website . An email was sent to me on the day I arrived but I was travelling and didn’t check my email. A warning should have been set up on the booking before a booking was placed . The roadworks are Very comprehensive and every customer that arrived was taking photos in disbelief . It’s a good location and they did help us with baggage but I do feel misled.

Good breakfast , nice interior decoration , staff helpful

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Comfortable, clean and very accessible to the town. Would return.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a beautiful court yard but unable to appreciate it as used constantly by smokers!

Nice size room. Clean, maintained daily. Able to access tea and coffee.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

VERY unprofessional
    • Double or Twin Room

When my parents arrived to the hotel, the receptionist told them that they were renovating the hotel and that their room was at another hotel at more than 1km far. We did our reservation more than one month before and they never informed us on this situation. My parents are old and I chose that hotel -and payed more- mostly because of its centric position. So we payed more for a hotel far from the center, and even more for all the taxis they had to take every day to move to the center. Very unprofessional.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Very basic, central location
    • Double or Twin Room

Very basic for a 4 start hotel, no restaurants or food service in the hotel, just a very basic breakfast.. Located in a back street hard to find especially with some construction in the street making it hard to reach

Location, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Hotel Ok, friendly staff, but needs some serious updating in rooms. Breakfast just OK, good location
    • Double or Twin Room

Although not their fault.....terrible, dusty construction on street to hotel. Hotel needs major upgrading in rooms. Walls dirty, mold around tub, no ice available, chair upholstery stained. Would just need some cosmetic work to freshen up soiled rooms....beds just Ok.

Location good....lobby and public areas nice.....staff very nice

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

We had thoroughly good time in Seville and are looking to return next year
    • Double or Twin Room

There are civil engineering works going on around the hotel at the moment, which means that there is an 600m walk to the hotel with your suitcases over rough and uneven ground. At breakfast the products for the continental breakfast were not replenished often enough, meaning that some items ran out.

The location of the hotel relative to the main attractions. The room was a good size and the beds comfortable. At breakfast the rolls were freshly baked which was good.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Great location with quiet, comfortable rooms.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast room was always crowded and tables were very close together. It would have been nice to have been able to eat in open-air patio.

Lovely internal patio and very quiet, comfortable rooms. Breakfast was good. Location in old town was excellent, though were glad we were not driving to it! the road outside the hotel was dug up for roadworks but staff were very helpful in arranging taxis etc to nearby location.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The courtyard was lovely.
    • Double or Twin Room

A shocking arrival due to building works and no forewarning from hotel. A laughable description of bar/restaurant in hotel info book - a few bottles hidden behind reception counter. When asking for a taxi to be called on departure I was met with a sigh - after spending nearly €800 on our five night stay. A little bit more respect for clients is called for and the breakfast room is far too small. Seville however is a charming, wonderful city.

The courtyard was lovely. The staff at breakfast immensely friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

This hotel charged me twice for my stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel charged me twice for my stay. Eventually I was refunded yet of course lost money in exchange and taxes. Arriving to the property I mentioned this extra expense and received no apology and the man at reception was quite rude. He didn't have the time of day to understand when he was asking me to sign papers and my reiteration of having already paid twice. There is currently road works in the streets so dragging our bags through dirt, dog poo, and sewerage was not pleasant in the heat. There should be some way the hotel informs you of this prior to arriving as you cannot get transport anywhere close to this property. The breakfast was stale, and the only thing going for this hotel is the external ambience. The rooms cluttered and a hairdryer dating back to the 1970's. Old bath/shower. Definitely overvalued.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The location is close to the historical centre.
    • Double or Twin Room

This is not a 4 star hotel - it is really over rated. Hotel did not inform us that there is ongoing road work on the street so we cannot get there by car and it took us a plenty of time to find the way how to get there.

The location is close to the historical centre.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

all the pavements and the roads were dug up so getting to...

all the pavements and the roads were dug up so getting to hotel and parking for motorbikes was very difficult. We should have been warned by booking.com or hotel

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

STaff were amazing.
    • Double for Single Use

This was bitter sweet and obviously short term but There was lots of roadworks going on around the place so Unmade roads and works happening. It wasn’t noisy though and ended up being a good checkpoint to get me back to the hotel. But just a heads up.

STaff were amazing. So friendly and helpful with any questions/ booking things. The room was lovely, nice courtyard, walking distance to everything. Would happily stay again.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

An excellent start to an excellent week in Andalucia
    • Double for Single Use

Whereas many visitors will be thankful to be talked to in English by the staff, I prefer to be allowed to exercise such Spanish as I have, rather than having it assumed I would prefer English. I do understand that in some cases this may require that the staff repeat themselves. The chap at the desk seemed rather to want to practise his English on me. Perhaps the visitor should be asked at the outset which language he/she prefers to talk in.

This is a nice old fashioned hotel in an interesting area of Seville, a little far from the historic and monumental centre, but still with interesting things to see in the vicinity. For me it was all a little grand, and the furnishings in the communal areas a bit naff and pretentious (amusing nonetheless). Obviously the courtyard with its shrubs and fountain are a blessing for the weary tourist. I gather from other reviews that the road-works around the hotel are on-going, but this is also somewhat to the advantage of the visitor, as there is no traffic in the street at night. The drilling and tarmac mixers didn't get going too early. There is an excellent restaurant dominating the nearby Plaza San Andres, where you can sit out in the square, with extremely helpful waiters.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

4♡ hotel presently in poor status as far as construction
    • Double or Twin Room

Area is under consruction.Difficult to get taxi, difficult to walk in torn up street.

Staff accommodating...still difficult taxi access. Do not buy on/off bus tickets at hotel. The green line is the older tour. Buses old ..the red line is preferable.

A good place to stay for visiting the city
    • Double or Twin Room

Even is not the hotel fault I cannot mention that on the street, in front of the building, some working were done so no taxi or car could get to the hotel. The breakfast area is a little bit small so feels very crowded. The breakfast was ok but nothing impressive.

The hotel is located in the city centre so it’s a good place to stay for visit. The Cathedral is 15 min from the hotel and so is the Alcázar Palace. We had a nice room situated on the first floor but seeing the ground floor rooms I can understand the commentaries not so very favorable I’ve read before arriving. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Enjoyed our stay but dissapointed that we were not informed of the road works prior to arrival.
    • Double or Twin Room

On arrival we found that the road was being dug up and access was limited. Had to some distance to get to the hotel and then had to negotiate and walk over ruble. Couldnt use the car park because of the road works.

Location. Very close to everywhere.

we enjoyed the old city feel, and the food and wine at the Cafe Bar ,Santa Marta, near the hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

the hotel provided no area that was smoking free within the courtyard areas. the hotel provides 2 courtyard areas, in which the ambiance is good, but the smokers use both areas, one should be provided exclusive for those who do not smoke cigarettes ,and no smoking on the verandahs would also be a progressive step forward. Some smokers are antagonistic to those who do not, from our experience at this hotel.

The hotel is located in the very center.

What surprised us. The Hotel Cervantes Hotel has swept the entire street and the access road. As I've been telling you so much since June. We arrived 17.9.2018. Thanks to the way, we could not get to the hotel. I was a 72-year-old mother I needed to bring in straight in front of the hotel, but it did not work. Parking from the hotel was taken by a winding carriage about 1 km away, but it was over 30 miunutes. I would expect the hotel of this type to inform its clients about this situation in advance. I was not surprised, I would expect some intimacy in the discount for accommodation or a free parking when the trunks had to pull out of the crisis.

The hotel is located in the very center.

Charming hotel, despite there being roadworks outside. great location
    • Double or Twin Room

Tea and Coffee facilities which were available in dining room, were nearly always not working. Maybe a kettle should be available as a standby with milk available in a fridge

Our room was located in one of the charming courtyards, and as we were a party of 10, it was lovely to sit out in the mornings and evenings to catch up and chill !!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Sevilla is beautiful and the hotel was of a good standard.
    • Double or Twin Room

The roads around the hotel had all been dug up and closed to traffic which we were never informed about. We had to drive round and find a car park and then walk to the hotel. We were then told we could use another car park which was a good walk away. We should have been informed about the roadworks and told where to park prior to our arrival. It would have saved us a lot of wasted time

The location was close to town and attractions.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Very disappointing!
    • Double or Twin Room

The misleading information. We booked this hotel because it had parking available, however, it wasn’t until the booking was confirmed that we were informed that the road was blocked off and there was no vehicular access. We were given alternative parking at a public parking station 500 m away. Pedestrian access was over a construction site and luggage needed to be manoeuvred over sand and rubble to access the hotel!!! In addition, although the bed was comfortable, there was hardly any room to walk around it on one side as there was a desk and chair blocking the way. Not a four star hotel quality! On our last day, we had to wait for more than 10minutes for tables to be cleared to have breakfast.

It was close to the monuments, if you are prepared to walk through a street construction site with no safety barriers whilst they were working.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Great staff and beautiful decoration.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast room to small and few people to clean and serve guests. Bathroom had a leaking and was a bit annoying during night.

Staff very very friendly and willing to help.

Despite intense heat Seville is captivating and would love to return
    • Double or Twin Room

Seville is wonderful so nothing really. Slight problem of works in v narrow street where hotel is situated for whole week we were there but not in the hotel's control

Good situation in old town. Cathedral area/Sta Cruz a reasonable 15 min walk. V near Alameda de Hercules which was full of excellent bars/restaurants and had a good buzz evenings. C5 (circolare) bus from town stopped there - handy for weary legs. We didn't have b'fast in hotel - so many other opportunities in local bars. Room was fine for the little time we spent in it! The little patios were a nice touch and loved the coffee on demand

Regardless of the difficulties with the hotel. Seville is stunning even in concrete lined shoes.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was completely unaccessible by car due to roadworks. Our sat nav initially located the hotel to within 100 metres to be confronted by barriers across the road. By continuing to circle the area to find an alternative route into the hotel, and it must be said by driving through some very worryingly narrow streets, it took a further hour to get the remaining 100mtrs. Eventually in desperation this meant abandoning the car in a tow away area and traveling by foot. Once the hotel was found the staff were very apologetic however as usual it was out of there control and no compensation was offered. They advised that Booking dot com were aware of the situation. The access to to the hotel for the final 50 metres was by foot across serious builders rubble and wet concrete. Anyone with any sort of walking difficulties should avoid this hotel in the near future. Whilst, once found, the hotel is adequate, although even without the works on the street a 4 stat rating is questionable, until the works are complete this hotel should be taken off the website or very very heavily discounted. Maybe Booking dot com should step up to the plate and not just take the booking commission.

Excellent hotel in the heart of Sevilla, very beautiful...

Parking is a bit of complicated, but this is understandable because it is an old city.

Excellent hotel in the heart of Sevilla, very beautiful interior and indoor patios, very good breakfast, friendly staff.

nice
    • Double or Twin Room

the loaction was a bit far from the main part of the city and their vwas some constractions works in the sitre so no taxi could actully reach the entrace

spelndid atmosphere

Nice hotel, shame about the roadworks
    • Double or Twin Room

The complete road to/from the hotel was being dug up making difficult to enter and leave the hotel. The road was also extremely dirty with sand, cement and water on the road. We were not advised of this work being done before we arrived. The taxi cannot take you to the door of the hotel. The work was still going on when we left and any person who found it difficult to walk would struggle to get in the hotel.

Good value for money in a good location making it easy to walk around the old Town and the centre

From start to finish this hotel was perfect.
    • Double for Single Use

Nothing. It was perfect in every way.

From start to finish this hotel was perfect. Can’t say enough about the staff. The hotel is beautiful. Perfect location for city centre.

Staff were fantastic though, and it was a great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

When we stayed there was construction out the front which made the hotel very difficult to access. Directions to the parking facilities were confusing too, probably because of construction.

Staff were fantastic though, and it was a great location.

Rooms were clean and linen changed each day.
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms were clean and linen changed each day.Breakfast had a good choice.Staff were friendly and accommodating. During our stay the all on which the hotel was situated was being repaired so entrance to the hotel was difficult at times. However we are extremely happy with our choice of hotel.Recommended

Excellent choice

nothing really. there was construction going on in the street, but not the hotel's fault and they really made up for it by an alternative entrance.

Everything from the room to lobby area and internal yard. Location excellent.

Disappointed
    • Double or Twin Room

We were not made aware that there was a 19€ per night parking fee. We were also not were made aware that the hotel approach roads were closed to traffic due to road works. Because there was no access we had to park in a public car park 15 minute drive away and still had to pay 19€ per day fees. The approach road to the hotel was a very dust and busy worksite as the roadand drainage were being relaid in that area. Very disappointed that we wer not informed and were shocked on arrival.

Excellent staff. Classical interior with courtyards. Good ambience. Convenient for walking to restarants, shops and sightseeing.

Nice stay at Hotel Cervates
    • Double or Twin Room

there are temporary works in the street. the hotel parking in not accesible(but they have provided a close parking place for our car). So if you like to wear fancy shoes just forget about it for a while. I think will be ok to ring them up before reservation.

breakfast was really good, clean room and facilities, friendly staff, close to town center.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Two nights in Seville
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very disappointing. Limited choice and average quality Main problem is that at present and until at least the end of this year (according to the manager) there is no vehicular access to the hotel or parking on account of the fact that all the roads in the immediate vicinity have been dug up to replace the drains and other services. The roads and path surfaces have been completely excavated. Whilst the hotel is fully operational you have to walk through a construction area (ignoring the safety fencing) across uneven surfaces sharing the narrow "road" with diggers and dumper trucks. This not ideal when trying to carry suitcases. If it should rain the area would quickly become dangerous. That said, after nearly an hour of trying to find the hotel in the car, I rang reception and they sent one of their employees to find us, collected our cases on a sack trolley which then taken through the construction area to the hotel and then accompanied me back to the car and directed me to the nearest public parking. I do think that the hotel should have advised Booking.com (and other agents) of this problem

This is an old-style hotel in the middle of Seville convenient for most of the usual attractions. Rooms are located around two inner courtyards which are quite attractive. Room size was small but adequate, bed and pillow comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The tiled decor is lovely.
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel is struggling with road works outside. You have to walk through a building site to get to the front door. The sand from the site stays on your shoes. It is horrible. Go to this hotel in a month's time when the work might be finished.

The tiled decor is lovely. Beautiful courtyard to sit in.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Location is great, in the historical center of Sevilla.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was very hard to arrive by car. Parking has been a nightmare. Streets had men at work.

Location is great, in the historical center of Sevilla. Very nice hotel, even though I don't think it is a 4 star.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Not great

Very inconvenient construction work going on outside the property. It's not the hotel fault of course but we weren't notified. The staff member that received us didn't have much clue about how to use/pay the temporary parking, causing us a bit of stress a day after when we pro-actively asked how to pay the parking. The location is not bad but the construction work makes it hard to access the city centre.

Not recommended!
    • Double or Twin Room

road construction around the hotel was terrible as even a taxi couldn't reach the hotel and I broke my language's wheels due to the off-road surface due to construction.

the room was stunning its a shame the hotel management arent...
    • Double or Twin Room

the room was stunning its a shame the hotel management arent very keen on the cleanliness of the rooms as there was alot of ants. but overall a great hotel to stay in

Lovely old building but the experience wasn’t one we would repeat or recommend.
    • Double or Twin Room

Major road works around the hotel made it impossible to navigate with the sat nav and on by leaving the car and walking to the hotel could we get ther. The staff did fetch our car with us but invloved navigating very narrow streets, ocassionally the wrong way up one way streets to get there. The underground car park was ridiculously tight so we were grateful that the helpful staff parked and recovered our car for us. It took nearly 30minutes to get it out. These are probably temporary issues but the location of room was amakor problem with a door backing immediately on to a communal area with the stink of cigarette and cigar smoke infesting our room whenver the door was open and noise until late at night and again in the morning. Disappointing. This place has bags of potential but the hotel set up needs rethinking to maximise it.

It’s a love,y old building in the heart of thiamine beautiful city and the staff were really helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The hotel is well located in the historic part of Seville.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom needs some renovation.

The hotel is well located in the historic part of Seville. Nice and very quiet. Spacious room with large bathroom, AC, mini-bar, safe.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Great position
    • Double or Twin Room

Momentarily there is no parking offered by the hotel, so you need to pay at the hotel for an external parking. There are some road works just in front, so beware in case you want to stay in bed late in the morning.

The position is good. Very close to the cathedral (10-15 mins walk) and 3 mins to Almeda de Hercules. Stuff very friendly and helpful.

Staff comfort.
    • Double or Twin Room

One sloppy bathroom clean spoiled an overall “ex” rating. Street renovation outside - not their fault & no noise pollution

Staff comfort. Lounges (with self-serve free tea & coffee). Air-con

Amazing find in Seville
    • Double or Twin Room

Not really a complaint but there is road works right outside the hotel at the moment so this may cause some distraction and disturbance for some people. Couldn’t fault the hotel.

A really clean nice very modern hotel. Our room was just amazing very big comfy bed, great aircon and clean room. Mini bar was well stocked and room was cleaned and bed made every day. Friendly helpful staff who made our stay. Really impressed with this hotel. Would definitely recommend and return here. Very close to the city centre 15 mins walk.

Location is good and the hotel is charming.

The airconditioning was not working properly despite reassurance from staff it was ok and working. Changed two rooms and air con was the same. At one point at 11:50pm temperature in the room was 33C whilst outside was 31C. But staff at the hotel said airconditioning was ok. After i got upset, they brought us a fan which actually cooled the room. However, for a 4* hotel this is unacceptable. The toilet was not cleaned and towels and more toiletries not replaced. The third person in the bedroom was not given towel and toiletries at all. One young female staff member at reception was very nice, unlike the rest we came into contact with in our very short stay there. Will not recommened and will not stay there again. Hotel room are dated. Theres are road works going on right outside the entrance of the hotel and getting to the hotel involves walking past and making way to lorries, diggers and lots of dust, construction sand. At 36C this is very unpleasent especially when you have luggage, suitcases on wheles which you have to carry as impossible to drag along. The construction work has been ongoing for months and by the look of it will be going on for a few more months

Location is good and the hotel is charming. Besutiful internal garden

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

So-so only, for a so-called 4 star hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

We tried their 12€ p.p. breakfast the last day, which was of poor quality. Tasteless cooked sausages, canned pineapples. You'd get better food at a discount convenience store. The room door had a hole in it, so you could look straight onto the bed. They allow smoking in the inside patio, right next to our hotel room.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Absolutely recommend!

The staff were so professional and helpful. The parking situation was difficult because of restricted access, but they made it manageable and escorted us to the carpark IN our car! So helpful! The hotel is beautiful, the air conditioning was excellent considering the 48 degree temperatures!

Construction road works on the street.
    • Double or Twin Room

In front of the hotel.there is a big road construction going on and no one informed us.taxis does not go there or find the way due to this road works. We were late to our train because of this and get all dusted cause of walk in the sand. Had to get new train tickets and travel all.sweaty and Sandy. Every time we had to carry our own big lagguages with baby and her stroller on that dusty and Rocky road.Was dissapointing.due.to this work again which was there all.4 nights woke up with the vibration. It's not 4 star hotel environment.

Good hotel for a night's stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Would have appreciated a water bottle and more shampoo in the bathroom.

The hotel was clean and had a lovely courtyard. The room was basic (extremely comfortable pillows) and had basic amenities.

Worst 4 star hotel ever
    • Double or Twin Room

1. Hotel was very hard to access with a car. 2. Restaurant was tiny and all the utensils, plates and glasses provided were extremely dirty. We even saw a cockroach creeping out of the kitchen area!!! :(( 3. Hotel supposedly provide WiFi which does not even allow loading the easiest web pages. So do not trust the wifi to make any reservations. 4. Hotel room was extremely tiny and had no clean air supply. They installed a pvc door up high instead of a window which was not possible to access or open. 5. Hotel service was bad considering they forgot to provide clean towels and soap on the last day of our 4 nights of stay in this property. 6. This was by far the worst 4 star hotel we have ever stayed in. We would not have ranked it more than 2 stars if it was up to us.

The hotel was great and Seville is a beautiful city and will vist again.

Nothing at all

The ambience of the hotel was really great and the decor was superb and the breakfast was outstanding. I would recommend this hotel very highly.

Lovely hotel. Great central location. Excellent value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel was great but building work going on in the street made it very difficult to get to the hotel. A local told us how to get there by going the wrong way up a very narrow side street in the end!

Excellent central location. Friendly staff. We were lucky enough to get a space in their underground car park.

Very Average
    • Double or Twin Room

Bewildered as to how it receives a 4 star rating. Small room with very little storage space. No tea or coffee facilities in the room, machine on the ground floor which wasn't always stocked. My wife had to request a hair dryer when generally a hotel of this rating would have one in a drawer. Small hotel bar which was never open, not stocked or tended. Road works a stones throw from the entry,reception staff weren't the friendliest?

Stylish and clean but small

Take Credit Card in System without permission
    • Double or Twin Room

One of the staff just took the credit card *even when the hotel is fullly paid and copy it in software. Very bad and illegal as they have not asked me to do it. Parking expensive 19 Euro

Bed was very good and big . Nice common area with plants was very good. Coffee machine Nescafe to use for free in Hotel

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Lovely hotel in the old city. Check the precise directions with the hotel in advance!
    • Double for Single Use

The roads in the old area just around the hotel were all blocked off and dug up. It was impossible to find the way with GPS. As there were two of us one, had to find the way on foot, then a staff member guided the driver to the hotel, where parking in the small underground car park proved to be another challenge. The problem of finding the way seemed to be normal with other guests too. Even on foot, the walk was not pleasant as the route was very dirty because of the works. It would have been immensely helpful to have had an email in advance warning about the roads and indicating the route to be used.

Staff were helpful and the room was good. Great location.

Make sure you aren’t getting a weirdly placed room on the first floor.
    • Double for Single Use

I wasn’t told beforehand that my room was on the first floor facing a common courtyard in the hotel which was a privacy problem, I could not open my blinds during my stay because I would literally be making eye contact with people outside and it was not comfortable (courtyard was 1-2 meters away from my window). I didnt make a fuss to change rooms because I was only there for 1 night but if you’re here for a longer stay be careful!

Bed was comfortable and the room was a decent size for 1 person.

A charming hotel base to explore old, real, Seville.
    • Double or Twin Room

Classic Spanish decor, with beautiful inner courtyard - perfect for reading and planning the day. Such friendly, helpful and professional staff. Reception rang us to say that there was a taxi strike that day, advised us to get the bus, and then guided us through the lovely maze of streets. Exceptional.

great staff
    • Double or Twin Room

road works outside hotel made it messy entrance (hopefully soon to be completed), not the hotels fault. did look a bit motel type accommodation with some bedrooms directly onto courtyard

very good staff hotel location good Bedroom clean and comfy public areas also very clean with some nice furniture and accessories

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Great character and style
    • Double or Twin Room

The eggs and bacon at breakfast were fairly ordinary.

A very Traditional hotel with style and character. The rooms are exceptionally quiet due to their layout. Even the people working on laying new pipes in the street outside started at a very civilized 9 am.

hellish driving and parking situation, but friendly staff and comfy when we got there
    • Double or Twin Room

There are currently building works in the whole street the hotel is in - this made it very difficult to access the hotel at all, but particularly with the car (we had chosen the hotel in large part to have easy parking, but the roadworks were never mentioned in our communication)

Friendly staff and the building itself has a lot of charm and character. Small but comfy room, and good bathroom.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Good prices, but very average
    • Double or Twin Room

very bad access, mainly due to the surrounding construction of the roads. Had to carry all my luggages for over 100m. Poor service, and very small rooms. I have stayed in much better places in Sevilla

Good position
    • Double or Twin Room

Road works in front of hotel made finding hotel difficult. It was only because we met some locals that we found our way to the hotel.

The property was in a good position and staff nice.

Very helpful friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very helpful friendly staff. Roadworks at the moment so very difficult to reach the hotel in a car. Call staff in advance who will help you to reach the hotel.,

Good altogether
    • Double or Twin Room

The streets around the hotel are under repair/construction making access to the hotel very very very difficult. When entering the city GPS is no longer helpful. Paco had to meet us halfway in order to find the place.

The hotel evening’s front desk agent named Paco. He was very friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, customer service oriented.

Not bad

Not the hotel’s fault but the roadworks in the street is annoying.

The hotel is located in a quieter part of town, about 10 minutes walk to the shopping area. The room is big enough for our family of 3.

Browse Hotel Cervantes traveller photo gallery