Reviews of Hotel Casa Fuster G.L Monumento 5 stars

Passeig de Gracia, 132, Gràcia, 08008 Barcelona, Spain

#54 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

• Superior Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Breakfast location in the dark basement is a little depressing are not upto standard with the rest of the hotel services. It would be more appropriate to have breakfast service or on the rooftop or in the entrance lobby.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

That we didn't stay longer! But we will be back!

Beautiful building, room and attentive staff - everyone was very friendly and geniuine and helpful when we needed help...the room turn-down in the evening was very sweet!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The jazz evening was disappointing - the jazz itself was very entertaining but the tapas were awful and we noticed many dishes were left by other diners. The tapas needed to be more authentically Spanish. The food was far too fancy and tasteless. Had the evening been only about the food, we would have sent it back. Service not great on the roof terrace and the prices too expensive (9 euros for a cappuccino).

Beautiful hotel. Amazing bed - must have been 8 feet! Extremely comfortable room. Fantastic location in a chic area - away from Las Ramblas! It was useful to have the roof terrace for catching the sun's rays. Staff in reception and door staff were charming, friendly and very helpful. We would definitely return despite the things we didn't like.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

As a senior couple we found the bathtub hard to get in and out of because it had glass doors that did not open very wide and high walls.

Decor. Comfortable bed. Separate hall and bathroom. The staff gave us adjoining rooms with our friends on the 4th floor. It was quiet in the room.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Bathroom not clean and plumbing not working well. Had to ask twice for the cleaning... Noisy room, bad isolation and window not closing well... . Overall dark inside the hotel as no natural light comes in . Breakfast room without natural light/ windows and cold atmosphere.

Good bed. Well situated near shopping area / transportation etc

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

I stayed in the hotel for three nights, deluxe double with balcony, room 520. In my second day, the coffee machine in the room was not working. The technician came and checked, said someone will change a workable coffee machine, no complimentary was offered. On the same night, when I was going to use the jacuzzi bath tub, it is not working either. I reported it to the reception next morning, the staff said he will send someone to fix it while we gone for the day. When we came back for the evening, I went to the reception and check with another staff, she didn’t bother to check the computer system, instead she told me if I reported in the morning it should be able to use now. If I would have know the jacuzzi was not working, I would make another plan for the evening. After I find out it is still not working, I called the reception and the staff gave a call back to tell me there’s some part of the engine need to be change and this wouldn’t be able to be repaired due to it being the weekend. Next day morning, when I check out at the reception, I raised the issue to another female staff, she only say sorry without any further acknowledgement nor anything in consideration. I was very disappointed as this is my first time in Barcelona, I thought I chose a five star hotel that I can enjoy my stay to the most. Unfortunately this simply wasnt the case.

It is an historical building located at Passeig de Gràcia, one of the beautiful street in the heart of Barcelona.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

In the morning, we can hear housekeeping conducting in adjacent rooms.

1. Bed is very comfortable, room is bigger than we expected, nice city view(we stayed on fifth floor) 2. Neat bathroom, classic decoration 3. Friendly staff 4. WiFi connection is stable 5. 5 minutes walking distance to supermarket and restaurants.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Shower in my room was very hard to get in and out of - quite dangerous in fact. Had to give my passport and credit card for photocopying - did not like doing this.

Lovely old building, well maintained.

• Superior Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Far from main attractions.

Large comfortable room and bathroom. Nice location convenient to Casa Mila but far from other attractions. Gorgeous rooftop bar!

• Junior Suite (1-3 Adults)

I would like to thank you very much for your hospitality and it was more than wonderful staying at your beautiful hotel. Everything was above our expectations, we really loved it. I will be always staying at Casa Fuster when I come to BCN, also I will always recommend it to family and friends going to BCN.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

There was some construction works beside the hotel

The Location was excellent as well as the service. Staff were very friendly also breakfast was very good.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The rooms and public places are a bit old and dated, a refurbishment would be needed. Breakfast is in a somewhat creepy underground room and is very poor.

Wonderfully friendly staff, super-helpful and always there to attend the guests. We were impressed. Perfect location, next to everything.

• Junior Suite (1-3 Adults)

Quite a long walk to centre, but worth it to stay in such a beautiful property.

Beautiful public spaces and room, friendly staff. Nothing too much trouble.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The hotel was beautiful, the service was exceptional and most importantly the staff were amazing! So friendly and happy to help especially the porters. They really put the cherry on the cake at making the experience such a great one. I find customer service very important and they did not disappoint!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The gym, the buffet breakfast (way expensive), the room (the TV was not working, the balcony is not accessible, the cleaning protocole,...), the restaurant recommendations

The building & the entry staff

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Some room facilities were faulty; Electric kettle had a leak. Toilet flush was not working properly. Mini bar items were very expensive.

Staff were polite and welcoming. Interior design was impressive and luxurious.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

My room was better the first time I stayed here. Mouldy ceiling in the bathroom, no window handles and

It was my second stay at the hotel, as I liked it the first time. Wonderful hotel, with good location and excellent staff. Real 5* hotel in the heart of Barcelona

Poor soundproofing from the street. Gym and pool disappointing. Restaurant options limited in the hotel. Sauna/spa for this type of hotel missing.

Helpful friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

I didn't like my room.it was too dark ,

I would like the location.the staff were kind and polite,I didn't have breakfast ,I love the rooftop it was huge and fabulous.my room had a nice view.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room With Extra Bed

Would have liked a bigger pool (if our children come next visit). However, the rooftop bar & lounge area is lovely to spend time on.

Pure Luxury!! The property was breathtaking. The concierge and staff were professional, patient, and accomodating. Overall-Amazing!! A HUGE. Thank You to Joseph Maria. He was a tremendous help with our outgoing flight and also recommended some fabulous restaurants & areas to explore! Highly recommend!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Balcony door would nor open. Minor issue as everything else was excellent

The staff was very professional and hotel room was very clean and comfortable

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Very lovely luxury hotel. The building is historic and the interiors are really beautiful with the preserved architecture. The staff are all gracious, professional and efficient. The bellmen are really friendly and kind. My room with a view a view of Sagrada Familia was wonderful and comfortable as well gorgeous.

• Junior Suite (1-3 Adults)

As mentioned above, food was not that good ordered from Hotel. Gymnasium air conditioning was set too warm.

Staff were excellent with great service. The Jazz Club night was excellent although the food was not terrific.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The service at the rooftop bar was sub-standard. They were busy hosting a function and neglected the other customers. Waited quite while for attentions, drinks and food menu and eventually decided to somewhere else for dinner.

Front-Office staff was very friendly and helpful. We needed a few directions and a dinner recommendation and it was all done very professionally. The room had a nice decor and the furniture and bathroom amenities were of high quality.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

There was nothing that I didn't like.

The whole place was just simply fantastic. The room was amazing the hotel was absolutely beautiful the food was out of this world. We are going back every year from now on. Truly best experience of my life.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The last day we had lunch at the roof terrace and unforunately the burger was so badly prepared.

We stayed many times in Casa Fuster. As always we have been welcomed so warmly by the staff. We asked for the particular room prior to the arrival and we given it. We enjoyed everyithing starting from the room and its features and finising by the breakfast and the dinner in the galaxo restaurant.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Getting in and out of the shower / bath was very difficult. The shower is in a very high sided bath. There are static glass shower doors leaving a gap of 50cm to climb through. Both my wife and I slipped when getting out of the shower. It felt like an accident waiting to happen. Bar prices were very high even for a city centre 5 star hotel

Staff were extremely helpful. I am bring a party of 18 here in 3 weeks so wanted information about the area, restaurants etc. Kevin and Alejandro were great and I will be liaising further by email to finalise evening drinks etc for our party. All doorman are very friendly and courteous. Always greeted with a smile

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The rooms and the bathrooms.

Our 5 year old loved the pool and the staff around the pool and terrace. The maids were great ! The rooms were very deficient for a 5 star hotel after similar 5 starts hotels in Sevilla and Granada.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

When we checked in, a frontman quickly arranged my itinerary by calling a management office of Gaudi's building, which was very helpful for us. Such prompt action can not be done in a day. This is real hospitality. Room was always clean and neat

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The expense of the breakfasts, the reception staff were very unhelpful and I ended up paying £120 for 4 x breakfasts when we had only has 2 x orange juice

The building, the concierge staff, the house keeping staff, the roof top bar

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Room is a little small. Not much room to unpack suitcase. Other than that was great.

The staff are super friendly and knowledgeable. Languages, places etc. The roof top terrace is amazing. Lots of fun and great drinks.

I did not feel welcomed which is the most import thing a hotel should do.Awful managerial and reservation policies and conduct.Would explain a lot more on trip-adviser review later.Now I have to go look at the new modification that booking.com has sent me about this hotel reservation 2 weeks after our stay there!!!!!!!

This is generally a good hotel with good facilities and a perfect location although a little bit pricey.

• Junior Suite (1-3 Adults)

The pool on the rooftop is rather small.

The beds ,pillows and linen all excellent. The bathroom was extremely well equipped and very clean. All The staff were very professional, friendly and attentive to detail. I ordered Eggs Benedict for breakfast it was delicious my great niece who was travelling with us really enjoyed the pastries. We enjoyed the rooftop bar and the more sedate atmosphere of the bar on the ground floor. All in all a delightful experience and one we would like to do again.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Pool was VERY small and in the middle of the bar area so not so good for kids who like to splash. Bathroom - very nice, but to get into the shower was a big step over the large tub which when getting out of the shower was slippery and dangerous.

Rooms were very comfortable and luxurious. Staff was very friendly and helpful for planning things to see. We rented a car through the hotel which was very easy. they brought the car to the hotel and handled the reservation.

• Junior Suite (1-3 Adults)

Phenomenal ambience. Wonderful vistas of Barcelona. Staff were always attentive. They were particularly helpful in helping me communicate with the car rental when it didn't work properly. The breakfast buffet was without compare. The dinner at the Galaxo was mouth watering in its presentation and taste was superb.

• Superior Double Room (1-2 Adults)

The building is a landmark and beautiful! the location is very good, on a quiet street but close to restaurants and luxury shops. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was very comfortable. It is a wonderful place to stay while enjoying Barcelona. I would definitely stay here again

• Deluxe Double Room with View

Hotel defintely needs complete renovation inside, 2nd floor wi-fi in the room was almost dead, rooftop bar service is disgusting. Had to leave hotel one day earlier, leaving my girlfriend for full stay, promised to get my final bill via e-mail, but didn't receive anything. Guess, I am done with this hotel.

Same old good hotel

The showers. All three rooms we occupied had problems with the showers.

Hotel is beautiful. To stay in Barcelona at a Modernist building by the genius Catalan architect Domenech is a luxury. It's like living during that era. Highly recommend.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room With Extra Bed

Swimming pool is only a small plunge pool and not many sun beds.

Great location for transport, also central to best parts of the city. Beautiful building and rooms v comfortable, on the whole v friendly staff.

• Superior Double Room (1-2 Adults)

The fitness centre was very basic, and one treadmill was not working.

There is a 'pillow' menu; breakfast is excellent; door staff are fantastic and provide a warm welcome when returning after a day out!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Rooftop pool is tiny and in the middle of the rooftop bar. It is probably oversold.

Breakfast was fantastic. Included Cava. Staff were wonderful: helpful and polite. Atmosphere was relaxing.

Everything was great

Very comfortable and quiet. Wonderful service, the staff was so helpful. Location is the best. Rooftop bar is lovely. I was on my own two days in Barcelona, and the concierge made great recommendations and reservations for a seat at the bar at two great restaurants.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

1) The shower in the bathroom was not convenient - the water was dropping to the bathroom's floor 2) Breakfast was fair, but I would have expected more from a 5 stars hotel. I did not actually cost at all those 29 euro they were charging for it

1) Fair price (comparable to some 4 stars in the area) 2) Great terrace at the roof 3) Beautiful building 4) Location

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Somewhat rigid in their payments policy- deducted an advance payment when specifically requested not to do so. In the hospitality world, try please clients, don't annoy them unnecessarily. Hotel lacks friendliness as well as a welcoming energy

Good location Comfortable room Reasonable English language TV

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Indolent staff. Incompetents who promised to make arrangements and never called back. Spanish workers are not energetic and do not care. If you see a good waiter they are from somewhere else.

Great Location. Good restaurants nearby. Convenient to everything.

• Junior Suite (1-3 Adults)

The service was generally average. Staff disengaged, waiting times for standing check in were average, breakfast in the basement was uncomfortable...

The room and view were impressive and the modernist style was cool and funky

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Staff at front desk was unhelpful. Not rude or incapable ...just did not follow through on getting information and not very useful. Doormen excellent.

Hotel in good location and was nicely appointed

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Rooms are a bit dark and too much furniture

The hotel is nice and service is good. But the shower was not working when we arrived so we had to wait for it to be fixed. It should have been checked before we arrived

• Senior Suite (1-3 Adults)

As the hotel situated close to a main road I was bothered by the outside noise

A beautiful monomental building in the most prestigiuos erea The service was impeccable

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Very expensive drinks - eg June 2017 a pint of lager is about £13-£15 Nice to have a rooftop terrace in a city hotel but swimming pool is very small so is more a paddling pool

Excellent friendly helpful staff, at the luxury end of the city Impressive traditional hotel Comfy beds and pillows Beautiful downstairs bar

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

There was no place for smokers. We had to go outside the hotel or on the roof terrace. But at the restaurants no exits for smokers.

Bed was huge, all was perfectly clean and very silent everywhere. Had a very good sleep. The roof bar is very nice and the view is amazing, although the staff is a bit unexperienced and goofy. But the staff that carries the luggage and waits at the door are very very nice and attentive. The are very professional and really helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The restaurant in the evening left a lot to be desired , cold plates ,cold food , menu not fully explained and I did tell the hotel my opinion Lunch was good , breakfast adequate again cold plates !

The ambience , history ,and the great service and attitude of the staff

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Junior Suite (1-3 Adults)

Doormen were friendly and courteous - the man who initially checked us in at reception was not. However, as we didn't deal with him again it didn't bother us other than those initial few minutes (but not a good first impression). Hotel didn't bother to respond either way to a request for an earlier check in (it was clearly unavailable when we arrived, which is fine, but this would have been good to know in advance with a young child).

Stayed in a beautiful junior suite (two adults, one child). Cleaning was thorough and great location.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The price of drinks at the rooftop bar. The adjustabiility of the water temperature in the shower (mentioned this to the desk when we checked out and they said they'd look into it in our room immediately, so good response to a minor cavil).

The staff were, each and every one, pleasant, helpful and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Area excellent; staff couldnt do enough to help; breakfast excellent; nothing to fault with the Casa Fuster; if returning to Barcelona, this hotel is a must.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The shower is so dated. It was difficult getting in and the head wasn't controllable. Front door was broke and had to stand outside briefly. I think the property needs an update.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Personal at front desk was rude and slow at check-in/check out process. The house itself was a key factor when choosing our hotel. Unfortunately, when we arrive the outside part was under renovations and thus all covered. Since this type of maintenance is scheduled in advance I think the hotel should have warned clients with reservations on that period. Also, noise from the construction was very annoying at times.

Room decoration, comfort, the architecture of the place. Has everything you expect in a hotel of this category, expect the personal. We had a very pleasant stay.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room With Extra Bed

Can not think of anything

Location was excellent.. It was a special day in Barcelona April 24 is St Jordin day so there were LOTS of people which made it interesting Open air markets were fun Trip to Montserrat and wine tours i highly recommend

• Deluxe Double Room with View

Outside of building was undergoing a renovation so scaffolding blocked our view. Pool didn't look inviting.

Staff was very help full in all respects. Room service and housekeeping were very responsive. Location was fantastic. Within walking distance of several very nice restraunts. Breakfast buffet was very good.

• Junior Suite (1-3 Adults)

The facade of the building was completely covered which meant no view at all. One of the important reason I chose the hotel was for its architectural style. It was mentioned that there were repairs going on but I had no idea it would be encased.

The suite was beautifully decorated, the bar was stylish and the rooftop deck was spectacular.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The staff and management were wonderfully attentive and helpful--as well as charming and cheerful--every moment. Truly unimpeachable service. Many thanks.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Work on the facade, scaffolding all over, workers suddenly passing by, breakfast is good, but was better last time, receptionist at departure.

Nice hotel, excellent location, good cleaning, mostly friendly staff, quite good breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Hotel was undergoing a major renovation works. Fortunately, we are early risers and we're not effected by the noise. If you like to sleep in or wake up late, you might need to consider other places.

Wonderful and funny staff. Breakfast room was beautiful and the food options were excellent.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Junior Suite (1-3 Adults)

Parking around there was expensive

The choice for breakfast was great. Included lots of vegetables and even churro and chocolate, yum!! Also loved the chef cooking eggs right there for us was great. Very attentive staff and wonderful rooms. Nice big bathroom with spa and you may even get a lovely surprise with a sauna as a bonus.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

See above. I also suggested the magnifying bathroom mirror magnify a bit more for aging populations!

There was one glaring negative. The historic building was being cleaned and was covered. This meant the curtains were not drawn and the room was somewhat tomb-like without light. However when I did complain, they opened the windows and drew the curtains when they could...

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The hotel was specifically chosen as its the most architecturall hotel in Barcelona, when we arrived the building was covered completely in scaffolding, you couldn't open your curtains in your bedroom as builders were working on the scaffolding so it was like living in a dungeon. This work was ongoing and obviously had been planned for some time. There is no excuse as to why they could not inform guests before hand and give people a choice if they wished to stay in a building site or not.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The building was being renovated during our stay, construction everywhere - they should have informed us.

Amazing location, excellent staff and very good service.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The hotel was under construction and we didn't know that. However, we got a compensation from the hotel - free breakfast! That was lovely.

The hotel was super clean. The staff was amazing. So friendly and kind. The overall experience was amazing!!!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Superior Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Hotel is quite dark and room is so dark it is difficult to find anything. Not helped by scaffolding outside whilst exterior is being renovated.

Very nice bathroom with excellent spa bath. No hooks and doors do not close properly. Quiet location in back of hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The level of door bell at the room. It's too high. When housekeeping calls my heart was bouncing with fear. Same way when they were calling to neighbouring room -it was heard in my room. The habit of afternoon cleaning I find very annoing. I would have substituted it with a light signal at the door green or red. So that cleaning knows if they can/should enter or not.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The location of this property is excellent. The staff and hotel itself were superb and they couldn't have been more helpful if they had tried. The made us feel at home.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The bath could have been bigger, and getting in and out of the shower was a bit awkward. We were not told there was major scaffolding work outside on the building. The bed was pulled together by two smaller beds, with an awkward line in the middle so difficult to be in the middle.

The Chopard toiletries were a nice touch. Sheets were soft. Well presented room. Location was very good, and close to the metro.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The Casa Fuster has 5 Stars. May be long long time ago it was justified. But from our experienced Hotel Know How all around the world, it`s far away from 5 Stars. The rooms are very noisy. You can hear the guests above your room as they would be in yours. You can hear the neighbours snoring. The housekeeping ladies did a good cleaning job but they`re working and talking so noisy that you`ll awake between 8.00-9.00. They did not fill up the minibar for 4 days. To enter the shower for Senoir guest is terrible. To high and to small door. Around 40-50 cm. I`ll attach a picture. The "swimming pool" is roughly 2 x 3 meters. The prices in the Bar is far to expensive in compare to other 5 Stars Hotels. 8.00 € for Cappuccino and small Beer even more. The waiters there are cold and distanced not to say bored. This is not what the guests feeling comfortable. Sorry but we really can`t recommend this hotel.

The location is perfect

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with View

The staff here rush to meet your every need and are so warm and friendly. Lots of toiletries, even razors and tooth brushes, very comfortable bed and pillows. Large bathroom. Beautiful hotel, best I've ever been to!

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

I'm happy to tip, but bell staff push for tips. A bit unwarranted. Concierge only reccomended places that they got kickbacks from - Resturants w 150 - 200 seats - dreadful. Or bus tours only, no doing it on your own - god forbid you rent a car! We stayed there 3 times over 3 weeks, quite nice. On the 3rd trip, we needed a power converter, the concierge said "they didn't provide them", I indicated that, that was odd, as the last two times, they were in our room, when we arrived. 20 seconds later he 'found one' under the front desk. Odd!

Public spaces are good. Rooftop is lovely.

Browse Hotel Casa Fuster G.L Monumento traveller photo gallery