Reviews of H·TOP Royal Beach 4 stars

#46 of 69 hotels in Lloret de Mar

3.5

4 stars? Joke
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

AC not working, bath clogged, beds extremely unconfortable, most of the staff is rude and don't bother explaining anything properlh. Also the food is poorly prepared and you don't even get a free glass of water with your included meals.

Close to the beach.

Search harder for oter options if you want to enjoy your holidays

It was impossible to sleep, a lot of people screeming as animals all night long. The hotel is really old! And probably no updades were made since the 80’s. The worst is that you have to pay for the Wi-Fi, i thought that was a joke!! There is free wi-fi on the beach but you have to pay for the one on the hotel!

Decent

The food was terrible. We were all inclusive but ended up eating out most of the time. It was poor quality and repetitive.

The hotel was in a good location and was comfortable.

Decent enough

Food is very poor. Certainly not up to the 4 star standard. Lack of choice and not much variety.

Get what you pay for. Pool area is very good, rooms are ok but a little out dated. Location is alright, close to a beach and within walking distance of the main strip.

Was ok for what we went for as we really only slept in hotel.

It’s a shame hotel not been refurbished it’s very tired but clean. Noisy at times groups of girls and boys. Would not take my family for a weeks holiday. Walls really thin so you hear all what’s going on around you. But good for a weekend.

Staff helpful & Friendly. If you are going for a long weekend it’s ok . Location good. Plenty shops & supermarkets . Went bed and breakfast the food was good at breakfast and good choices

Very good location, beach only 2 minutes away, shops, bars...

Have to pay deposit for romote control. Wifi 5 euros per day-unreal. Walls are so thin that you could hear everything, couldnt sleep well.

Very good location, beach only 2 minutes away, shops, bars etc very close. Tasty food. Nice pool. Friendly stuff. Towels changed every day.

Excellent budget holiday

The lifts are slow

It was a perfect stay for late May, the weather was great, the staff all super friendly. Hotel is dated but clean, food repetitive but fine for 5 days.

English guys running riot in the corridors

A bunch of English guys were running riot in the corridors of the first floor from midnight until 4am, banging on doors, shouting and generally messing around. Extremely intimidating atmosphere and impossible to sleep. I left after one night of a planned 2 night stay and found another hotel. My most unpleasant hotel stay in 35 years of traveling.

Will make me appreciate every other hotel I ever stay in.

Hotel was great value for the price that we paid that included breakfast and dinner for the 4 of us.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There wasn't any information provided at check-in, I expected to find an information binder in the room with at least pool opening hours, wi-fi etc but there was absolutely nothing in the room, not even a phone number for reception. And no remote control for the television, we had to go to the reception and ask, they said that we had to pay a 5 euros deposit which we were ok with but this information would have been nice at check-in. The light in the bathroom flickered and the pillows weren't too comfortable. The walls were not sound-proof, we could hear the neighbours talking in the morning, but we only noticed this in the morning, no sound during the night. We had trouble understanding what was included or not included with the all-inclusive. There seems to be different levels based on whether drinks were included but there wasn't much information provided. For a 4-star hotel we were a bit disappointed with the service and rooms.

The dinner and breakfast buffets had a large range of food and plenty of it, great value for the price! The food ranged from local spanish food, english food (as a lot of visitors from England, tour operators), cold and hot. The hotel was clean and conveniently located close to the beach. The pool area was large with the bar adjacent, the bar staff were friendly.

I’d rather of slept on the beach

Rooms where filth and riddled with pubic hair. Beds were hard and stained. Doors didn’t lock properly

Absolutely nothing! Staff were rude and it took my over an hour to get a drink every time at the bar (all inclusive) ended up buying drink from across the street

Would not recommend

Limited and poor quality selection of food. Entertainment was poor and mostly for children even up to 10:00pm. Not enough bar staff, had to wait 40 minutes in line for drinks. Not enough/inconsistent information given at check in. Dining room too crouded. Room facilities basic

wonderful

The Hotel staff does a great job in this charming kind of old school Grand-Hotel. Thank you very much. We felt immediately at home :-) and will return as soon as possible.

Cheap and cheerful

The food could of been abit better. We all found the selection of food very random. Also the entertainment on site was somewhat lacking. A fair walking distance to the main bars etc.

Nice location, Good value, needs a bit of work
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 1 Child)

Checkin staff rude, one member of the bar staff (Carlos) just ignores customers as for the rest they were great. Food same most days, we struggled to eat on a few days. Always the same rice, chips, fish, meat (rabbit / pork). Breakfast same every day. Animation team - waste of time - they just stand over a laptop all night, no interaction, no ommphhh at all. Room clean, but you can hear every single thing from the rooms above and below and I mean everything. I felt sorry for the rooms above the bar as the music was going till 1am and as I say the noise travels.

Nice location, good price, has flaws like most other places. I like the fact you can use the facilities in the other htop hotels in the area.

Awful. Would never use the H.Top chain again and would share this experience this friend and family
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

Was quoted three different prices to upgrade to Gold package. The drinks was watered down. For all inclusive holiday goers The bar staff would let some people get more than one drink at a time (if a pretty girl was at the bar they could get as many drinks as they liked) the food was below average. the room was cleaned just once and only one of the 3 beds was made

There was not much to like other than the location.

Lovely holiday, just wish kids club had been on.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

As mentioned before walls are very very thin. You can hear everything. Beds are a little uncomfortable but ok for a week. My daughter was disappointed that the advertised kids club was shown as open but wasn’t on any night of our trip. Evening entertainment was rubbish! Kids swore at my daughter and gave my friend the middle finger! Food ok plenty to choose from.

Outdoor pool was lovely, you can use the pool at h top royal and Palm even if not AI. Yummy cocktails €5.60. Amazing location 2 mins from the beach. Lots of shops around, barter as they give you a great deal.

AWFUL!!... 0 star not 4 star
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 1 Child)

Awful place, awful hotel full of noisy out of control kids and coach trip parties. Smelly room with broken everything. Changed rooms 4 times due to various issues with all of them. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone. Had the most awful stay and didn’t sleep at all due to loud club music playing until 4am! And this was inApril! God help anyone staying there in Peak Season! Couldn’t get out of there quick enough!

Pleasantly surprised by the hotel and staff, for the price we paid.

For value for money, I really can't fault anything. The hotel may be a little dated for some, and the entertainment programme a bit lacking. But if you are looking for a cheap and cheerful holiday out of season, this hotel is a good choice.

The hotel was in a nice quiet area. Most of the staff were helpful and friendly. Value for money was great. The hotel and room was kept very clean.

Dreadful don't go.

I complained 4 times about the noise & room & no offer of changing it. More money than I was quoted. Dirty. Room not cleaned or made up for 5 days out of 7. Food rubbish. Dirty cutlery & cups plates. Was very ill from this. Staff very rude. No help. Couldnt get a clean table to sit at to eat. Half the stuff not working or locked up out of use. The drinks disgusting watered down. Plastic unwashed glasses. They dipped them in dirty water left to drain & then used again. I have a vidios of this. Also cups washed same way. Very unhygienic. We were treated like second class people. Very poor more like 2 star not 4. I got bit dreadfully. As there were insects crawling in our room. I had to try to clean our room. Towels never changed & no toiletries as promised. Iv got pictures of how poor the whole place was. I shall be putting a complaint in as the whole experience was degrading. I should have a refund as it cost more than u said. & it was disgusting. After being very ill 2nd day we eat out every day . I need this to be taken very serious. & I do want compensation for all this. Also I want this put in as a official complaint. Iv never had cause to complain b4. As iv bn happy. 4 wks ago I stayed 4 star benadorm. That was a htop also. Totally different. Clean & was a 4 star. This hotel is filthy & needs reporting. We didn't have sleep any night with the constant noise. Our complaints were ignored & wouldn't move us. Please reply & I await what your going to do about this waisted week & diasterous holiday. I'll wait to see if you can get compensation from the company or I will take it futher myself. I'm giving you the chance to sort it first as I'm giving your company the chance to redeem this. Also iv got pictures of the horrible bites we have on our bodies from what I believe to of been bed bugs/flees not happy at all. Mrs lester

The bed was comfortable

Budget hotel good for a short stay.

The price was good but it felt a bit like flying with Ryanair. The service is nothing special. Safe in the room didn't work. Wifi was charged extra (although this seems like the norm here). Breakfast was okay but woudn't want to have it for more than two days.

The price and the location were best. It is very near the beach and there are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. The price was great for a quick getaway. Everything worked fairly well. We had a nice balcony view over the pool which got a lot of sun.

Good

Pool side would be sometimes so loud in the evening time

Good location, beach is around a corner, very undrestanding and helpful hotel reseptionists, wide variety of food, comfortable beds

The only faults.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The only faults.. Paid for all inclusive and didn't leave til 4pm. Wasn't allowed a drink on last day after dinner time as all inclusive ran out. So 4 hours without a drink. Should be til you leave the hotel. No fridge in room or kettle to make babys bottles. Everything else was brilliant

Only needed a stop over - not a weeks holiday thank goodness

People running up and down the corridor in the middle of the night, screaming and shouting. Very noisy hotel

We had a very nice large balcony over looking the pool.

We had good 7nights stay but we would expect more from 4* star hotel

Very old fashion, could do with refurb. No fridge, shower over bathtub with not very fresh courtain. Staff on arrival was not interested at all - we had to guess where to find elevator, where is breakfast buffet or pool. 5€ Deposit need to be paid for tv from 90s. €20 charge for wifi in room. our room had faulty balcony doors, luckly room was exchanged. Far away from 4* Base on my previous experience I wolud rate it 2* maybe 3*

Good location close to the beach + roof jacuzzi

Time to refurbish...

No car parking, we left the car 1Km away from the hotel. Wi-Fi at extra cost. Drinks were not included for lunch/dinner either coffee.. the building was a bit old comparing to hotels that were around.

Fair hotel. A bit overpriced for what they offer. Clean room.

Fodd was very good!
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 1 Child)

WiFi need to be pay! the balcony was small! no fridge in the room! air conditioning in the room,flor and in the lift poor! sunloungers not enough and in not so good conditons (some are broken).The swimming pool area not clean . As hotel with 4 stars should be better-dissapointed!

Fodd was very good!near beach and see

Little bit outdated hotel with great location

The hotel definitely need a renovation. Wifi is 10€ for 3 days per device, in 2017 it is unacceptable, same applies for safe.

The food is alright. Walking distance to the beach

Staff are great and friendly, location is great.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

My only issue was noise from the cleaners on a morning they were very loud banging and scraping chairs on floors and talking very loud.. no consideration for guest trying to sleep!

Staff are great and friendly, location is great. Stayed here twice and will return again!

Overcrowded hotel, mediocre service
    • Triple Room with Pool View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Front desk stuff doesn't know how much to charge for extras such as full board. The day we arrived we were told we shall pay 10eur/person for full board, then when I went down the next morning to actually pay for it I was told it's 15 eur a day. So I payed for just 3 days to see how we like it. 3 days later when I wanted to extend it for another 3 days I was charged only 10 eur per person. Have to pay for wifi 5eur day. Seriously, in 2017? Pay for the safe 7eur day. Beds are not comfortable, the strings in the mattresses make loud noise when you turn in the bed. You need an iron? Sorry, front desk has just two. Try again later. Food. A pretty big variety of almost the same thing every day. It's ok for 3 days but then you want to eat something else. Groups of drunk teenagers turning on very loud music by the pool, shouting and screaming every night. Pay extra for pool view just to enjoy their tasteless "singing" and watch them jump into the pool past midnight right after the bar closes.

Good value for money and great location
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

On our penultimate night the hotel became much busier with some loud groups which made It difficult to negotiate the buffet even as an adult let alone a child and we were unable to take the kids to the mini club In the evening as the bar area was too busy and rowdy. To be fair it was a little too late for them at 9pm anyway The beaches around the hotel are too dangerous for the kids to jump the waves and could easily get pulled over. They are also mainly stones so no way to build sand castles

Food was tasty, hot and plentiful Our bathroom light was flickering however upon reporting to reception it was fixed within 10 minutes Nice, clean pool with a smaller one for kids Walking distance to lloret de mar's attractions - even with a 5 year old Bus for the water park stops outside the hotel Gnomo park complex is walking distance too

Wouldn't go back

The all inclusive was a joke we had a card to collect a plastic cup and had to take the cup back to get our card so we could have a cup the next day . Food wasn't nice and some of the staff rude. Every other all inclusive I've been on you have a wrist band this was a plastic card which had to be scanned aswell

The good points outweighed the bad.

The wild behaviour of uncontrolled children in families and in holiday/school groups. They used the corridors and stairs as race tracks at all times of day and night and conversed loudly very late at night, making it difficult to get to sleep/stay asleep.

Great choice of food. Very comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Clean, Value for Money in a Good Area
    • Double Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Maybe I'm easy to please as there was nothing I disliked. You get what you pay for so don't go expecting a la carte.

Very good value for money. Rooms cleaned and towels changed every day. A great choice of food at all meals. Evening entertainment good but could be better organised (I'm offering if the job's going).

Location was perfect. And wherever we went the people were so friendly,.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Drinking glasses and cups were very small.. And there was a massive students convention?? They were very noisy,rude,ignorant and seemed oblivious to all the guest!!

Plenty of everything and good quality

You get what you pay for. No major complaints
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

The walls were very thin and could hear neighbors. The maid took our towels on the first day and never replaced them for the rest of our stay.

Staff were helpful. Food was ok.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Good for family break!!

Stayed with my 4 y.o. daughter. Loved the hotel! It's not 4 stars, though... However, the food variety was great, cleaning staff cleaned our room every day, men at the reception were really helpful and nice.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

had a ball
    • Double Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

the breakfast could do with a little work and they do need to get better mattresses as the ones now are rock hard

the staff are great especially Jose` in the bar and the atmosphere. Maid service was great as room cleaned everyday if you wanted it with fresh bedding and towels

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

My worst 4* hotel experience, really cheap!

-The breakfast was really tasteless, not even real coffee, really cheap quality. -The safety box in the room was broken. -Sticky floors. -Looks like the room hasn't been updated for a really long time. -Need to pay for WIFI and local phone calls.

Only the price was interesting, we saw a 4 stars hotel, but really far away from standards...

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

This hotel is certainly one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in, should not eve be given a 3 *
    • Double Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Food, Entertainment, Rudeness of certain staff, rooms basic , no tea and coffee in rooms, Guests treated totally different depending on what board basis they had booked. No information given on hotel facilities on arrival. Definitely not a 4 star hotel.

Very Clean

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

food, near the beach, less touristy more picturesque location
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Kids club one day was just a movie, second day started 10 minutes late and then finished 20 minutes early. Music at night choice wasn't to our taste.

food, near the beach, less touristy more picturesque location

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

OK, but not fantastic

- you have to pay extra for a lot of facilities which are normally included in the room rate of a 4 stars hotel. e.g: if you want a safe box you have to pay and they don't even have free wi-fi (you have to pay for 1day/3 days/1week) - the hotel is quite old (old and small TV, old furniture) - first day we had only small towels in the bathroom - the pool is very crowded and open only until 7 pm

- good location, close to the beach - the food is delicious and you have a lot of options for each meal - good price (if you don't want anything extra) - staff speaks English

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

For people who like Lloret but not it's brashness this...

For people who like Lloret but not it's brashness this hotel is set in a corner of the Fenals area just a few steps from the beach. It was a pleasant surprise.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Got a very nice holiday

Soap

The receptionist was very helpful specially sajd

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

They try their best to take some more money of you. WiFi is chargeable. This is unacceptable.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Very good for the money

Nothing it was lovely

The jacuzzis on roof, pool, staff and card system kept the poolside clean so no wasps or flies etc

Hmmm.ok
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Rooms are very spartan, definitely need an update.

The location.

Located in nice area very close to lovely beach

Located in nice area very close to lovely beach

Only stayed here for 2nights, but we were well catered for.

Wouldn’t put this hotel as a 4 star, more like 3 star.

Rooms were cool with the air con, beds comfy to.

Not the best

We only ate at the hotel for breakfast but the food was not of a good quality and disappointing

location was perfect

Very adequate hotel.

Nothing l can think off

Very comfy, staff friendly, great pool area

Excellant back next year
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

More care could be taken cooking meat, some a bit raw (undercooked)

Check out time at 10am, when usually it’s 12.

Check out time at 10am, when usually it’s 12. To get remote control you need to leave deposit :))) room looked like not cleaned, hair all over it.

Was expected for the money. Would not go back unfortunately the area and hotel was not for us

Noisy at night time. Aircon didn't work. Room smelt of stale cigarette smoke.

Close to beach and other amenities

The balcony in our room.

Uncomfortable beds

The balcony in our room. Friendly bar staff

I loved the whole thing.

I booked for all inclusive but still had to pay for my drinks.

I loved the whole thing.

Too many kids

More than I expected from 4 stars

Not a thing to diagree about.

Good hotel, staff verry nice and friendly , really close to...
    • Double Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Good hotel, staff verry nice and friendly , really close to the beach. I recomend it

Highly recomend the Royal Beach.

Everything staff are superb.

Room is great,bed is fantastic,food is ok,reception is great

Room is great,bed is fantastic,food is ok,reception is great

Comfortable, good value, helpful staff

Food in the buffet was not always hot.

Comfortable, good value, helpful staff

Res

Imposible dormir!

Res

We got what we paid for
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 1 Child)

The hotel was extremely noisy with large parties of young teenagers rubbbg around all night....sleep was very difficult

The facilities were fine

Enjoyable

Facilities and location

Great location for what we required

Close to beach an 15 mins in to town

I would recomend this Hotel to anyone, it's brilliant.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Everything, especially the staff.

Tv and bed

All the staff members were caring and well organised.More variety foodwise which suited all diets.

The bed was hard and uncomfortable.

The bed was hard and uncomfortable.

Great, helpful staff, food was good, though a little bit...
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

Great, helpful staff, food was good, though a little bit variety could be used after a few days

The hotel was ok

The evening meal selection was awful

Not a 4 star hotel I'd give it 2

The food was awful

The pool

Rich breakfast, beach is really near.

Uncomfortable bed, noisy

Rich breakfast, beach is really near.

Super noisy.

Super noisy. Walls are paper thin. Can't sleep without ear plugs.

Not a good hotel to stay at.....

The service was awful.

Location is good.

Value for money

Roof top bar sun lounge and hot tubs