Reviews of Infanta Mercedes 2 stars

Huesca, 21, Tetuán, 28020 Madrid, Spain

#292 of 327 hotels in Madrid

Overall outstanding value for money.

I had a room on the first floor where the sound insulation could have been better. Señor and Señora Shout-a-lot were in the next room and entertained me until two in the morning. Thieves were active at the nearby Tetuan metro station but I spotted them.

Overall this hotel offers excellent value for money. In some countries, it would have been graded a 3* rather than 2*.

Comfortable, clean, safe, quiet location.

Breakfast times too late for my needs but plenty of options and decent cafe close by.

Comfortable, clean, safe, quiet location. Friendly, helpful staff.

I thought the location was very convenient for the Metro (...

Everything was fine for a two star hotel.

I thought the location was very convenient for the Metro ( Tetuan) and it was in a quiet location. The breakfast was good and had plenty of choices. The air conditioning was efficient and quiet, but best of all the reception staff were kind and very helpful. The free WiFi was excellent.

The service is good.

In general the hotel was good. It is clean and the location is appropriate. But shampoo and soap is 2 in 1 and smells not OK. The room is a bit dark. We could not have breakfast early in the morning (we had to leave at 4 to catch a plane) because the lady comes at 7. but hey excluded it from our total amount. But the rest is nice. To stay for a night is a right place

The service is good. In the room there are all required things: wifi, a fridge, towels, glasses, 2 clean beds, a TV set, etc. The receptionist called us a taxi to the airport.

Great standard hotel. Good pice. 😁

Only the pilows are a little to flat

Staff are kind. It's nice and clean. Breackfast was standard but good. The hotel was not far away from the metro. Good connection to everywhere.

Good

When my do not disturb sign was up, a maid came into my room anyway while I was gone. Also, I was given the wrong room key when I first arrived and ended up walking in on a shirtless middle aged man.

The style was very chic, and the bed was very comfortable. Also very clean.

Value is good for the price, but cleaning must be paid more attention to provide a comfortable stay

The cleaning of the bathroom was very poor, I reported it and was suggested another room where it was not better, nobody at the reception seemed concerned or willing to improve promtly about this.

The location close to the metro and in front of a park. They helped me to change my reservation at last minute, due to a delay of my incoming flight. Very comfortable bed and varied options for breakfast.

Big room was nice.

Big room was nice. Staff reacted very surprised that we were 3 hours late. Actually said they didnt think we would come anymore. Bedsheets are all loose, and hygiene in rooms is not good. Hairs on the ground, dirt in the curtains and loose tiles. I dont have much expectations of a room and the beds were good so i had a good night rest.

Good hotel, good location.

This was not our first stay in this hotel and I think not the latest because everything went well as always. The room is clean and spacious, the breakfast is excellent and the Bernabéu is 10 minutes by walk. The metro station is 5 minutes by walk, the bus station is only 1 minute. There are shops and restaurants in the near.

Hotel Infanta Mercedes Madrid proved that comfort and warmth are not only for the rich people.

Some tea and coffee making facilities in the room would make it ten out of ten.

It was a very pleasant experience staying at this lovely hotel. Located in a quiet and pleasant neighbourhood near a park and definitely a very good value for money. The receptionist (sorry, I should have remembered his name) who booked me in spoke emmaculate English and greeted me with warmth and kindnesses. He spent some time giving me information and direction about the hotel and the city. The room was clean and everything was in excellent working order. I must mention about the breakfast. It was just what I wanted. The breakfast lady was very flexible and kind and served me breakfast earlier on the day of my departure as I needed to leave early to catch my flight. It will not be complete if I don't mention the quietness and tranquillity. Over all it was A star experience for the amount of money in the prime location of a major capital city. I would certainly come back and recommend to my mates.

Place good located but not really close to the subway...

Place good located but not really close to the subway station, the staff was friendly, the room was clean, but to small for one person. Anyways, I can recommend only for one night.

Friendly staff, not so good bedrooms!!

My bedroom was not good, smaller than expected!! It smelt of stale cigarette smoke, wasn't as clean as expected, the bathroom was small as was the bedroom and it needed decorating. It was very tired and there was mold in the bathroom/shower. The soap dispenser had fallen off the wall and had not been fixed, paint was peeling off in the bathroom, the windows didn't stay open and there was condensation on them. The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable!!! I did not sleep well at all.......

The reception area was nice and clean and the staff friendly. The breakfast was OK!

Excellent place for business.

Beds could be updated.

Excellent place for business. Great location, clean place with good buffet breakfast. The pillow a bit too hard for my personal taste. I will repeat.

Best City Break ever !!

If they improve the matresses it would be excellent !

It’s so close to the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium where I fullfiled the dream to see the mighty Real Madrid !!

Always meets expectations. Plenty of local bars, restaurants and supermarkets nearby.

All ok for price. Stayed here 4 or 5 times.

Plenty of choice at breakfast. The staff are friendly. Good location. Two metro stations nearby. I had a very spacious bathroom.

Madrid Trip

This hotel is great. We had an awesome stay , room was very nice and clean and very simple, also wi-fi in room. Breakfast very tasty, you can choose anything you want. Friendly and welcoming staff. Very close to city centre via metro. Definitely we will stay again.

Practical hotel in a quiet location with good metro connection

The room we got might have not been the best the hotel has to offer. The bathroom door wouldn't close completely. There were tiles of the parquett that were probably affected by water or something like that. The room was pretty small for 2 people. However we were in Madrid to explore the city so we used the room only for sleeping. Breakfast seemed overpriced at 7 euros/person/night. We chose not to, since right next to the hotel there is a bar where you can have your morning coffee and a croissant. All in all it was ok but keep in mind that you will need to use the metro, so when you evaluate the price add the metro tickets :).

The property is located in a quiet area of Madrid, very close to metro line 1 (Tetuan). There are some nice local bars also in the close vicinity of the hotel where you can have breakfast and lunch. We ate lunch twice at the Restaurante Los Pepes that is basically just down the street. There are also plenty of options for supermarkets in the area - Dia and Mercadona in a 5 minute walking range. If need to buy things later at night, there are also other smaller shops right in front of the metro station Tetuan. The old town is easily accesible by metro (5-10 minute ride depending on where you want to go). For the airport you have to switch twice, but given the great public transportation system in Madrid it's also easy to get to. Retiro is however a little bit further away. If you have heavy luggage, on line 1 few stations have escalators (or we didn't find them). It's clean and value for money.

worthy

The room are not 100% isolated, for example you can hear when the neighbours slam their doors or, in the morning, when the cleaners are using the hoovers etc. Breakfast not the greatest

friendly and polite staff, good location (it takes only 15 mins to the town centre via metro or night bus to come back), clean and comfortable rooms

Not going back in a hurry.

Dirty bathroom , hair and detritus left under sink, with many cracked tiles. Shabby room, frosted glass on windows! No under sheet between sheet and mattress. Uncomfortable bed and pillows. Dirty and partly broken tv remote. Weather was freezing, room was cold. Radiator didn't work, when complained they said use aircon controls instead. They also did not work. Front desk then they said they first had to turn on heating centrally ( why not do this before) . However room never heated up, just blew cold air.

Friendly enough desk staff, but confused communication.

The location was great in a nice area . Close to the metro

The single room I stayed in was very basic . The room was dark not much natural light the window was very small

Location was fantastic near the metro .

second stay at this centrally located hotel. I will use it again.

rather noisy at end of corridor near chambermaids store cupboard. lights and electricity issues with door card not always working in base unit on wall to activate. worked best when jammed in with some card!

central location near to metro. friendly staff and warm clean room.

Gone to Real Madrid game and only 0.

I booked the breakfast for the two night stay and the final breakfast we were unable to have as we were leaving too early for the flight. I spoke to two different receptionists for the 14 euro refund for me and my son. Both insisted they would sort this the second saying they would sort or pack an early breakfast. Neither happened and as taxi arrived at 4:30 and was waiting I just paid the bill and left. Due to another receptionist not understanding the problem. Being picky shower over bath.

Gone to Real Madrid game and only 0.5 miles from the ground. Clean tidy and acceptable for our needs.

The front desk staff was very friendly & helpful

Noise. Walls are not sound proof. You can hear your closest neighbors, and they can hear you! Also when the neighbors having a shower. It’s impossible to sleep.

The front desk staff was very friendly & helpful

cheap, near to everything what we needed, easy transport to central, Santiago Bernabeu very close

Unfortunately in our room was cold even when we put the radiator up to maximum heat, it wasn't heat up the room. At breakfast was not much choice, every day the same. But still OK as this hotel is "only" 2 starts. But apart of this two things we liked every single thing in the hotel! And I am sure we'll consider to stay there again when we will go again to Madrid!

The Hotel is close to transportation and easy to got in the central of Madrid! Shops, restaurants, bars, pubs close to the hotel easy to reach anything what a guest need. The staff was polite, kind and very helpful when we needed something! The hotel is nice very nice and clean and not bad area. I was quite surprise that a 2 stars hotel can be as clean and polite staff as it is! Very well done from me to the Hotel. Thank you one more time!

Near to the Bernabéu, good breakfast and comfortable beds...

Near to the Bernabéu, good breakfast and comfortable beds for affordable price. This was not our first and I think not our last stay here. Thanks again.

Clean.

Strong smell of "air freshener" in lobby and corridors. Not sure if they want to mask bad smell but the air freshener density was a bit sickening. Room sound isolation: You can hear your closest neighbors, and they can hear you.

Clean. The hotel has two stars but appears almost as a three-star. Convenience store next door. Quiet area.

Good value for money, clean but noisy room.

The room was not so well isolated, meaning that we could hear the cars outside and also whem our neighboors were having a shower.

The room was comfy and clean. Near the metro station (Tetuan), shops and fruits market near the hotel. Friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast and a wide variety of pastry products and fruits.

Not a pleasent stay at all. I would not recommend this hotel.

The horrible smell coming from the washroom. No supplies were replenished in the bathroom when our room was cleaned. Toilet was not cleaned either.

Front desk was willing to help and they also let us check in early.

Wouldn't go back

They turn off the air conditioning,so very hot. No soap or shampoo. Only 1 towel person. We asked about the air conditioning the person at the desk said " what do you expect for a 2star hotel !" Way out of the way from town

The staff are friendly and made me feel that they recognised...

The hotel suits me and is reasonably priced for a single room.

The staff are friendly and made me feel that they recognised me from a previous visit. The first room I was allocated smelt of smoke but the receptionist did not hesitate to move me to another room.

The bed was uncomfortable because there was a solid wooden...

The manager was so helpful because I had a bad back and he personally went out of his was to ensure I had everything I needed. I would return because of him.

The bed was uncomfortable because there was a solid wooden base

Reasonable value for money. breakfast is a bonus for the price

Single rooms are at the back of the building and not very bright

Nice to have breakfast included. Typical Spanish variety of food. Receptionists were helpful. Not in the centre but easy access to the metro

Near to Bernabeu which is good for us because we had to...

The only people who understand English is receptionist. The housekeepers and people who work in restaurant can't speak even 1 word in English. And they will go all the way in Spanish with you no matter if you understand or not We paid for breakfast for 4 people, but breakfast start at 7:30 everyday so we couldn't sit down and eat the first morning because the boys had to be at Bernabeu at 7:45 at the first day training so I went down to talk to one lady at restaurant. "Can I have 2 croissant and 1 bun so my kid can eat on the way to Bernabeu" She answer in Spanish, gave me the list of breakfast customer so I show her that we had our name on it, 2 adult and 2 children. I then asked again if I can have 2 croissant and 1 bun to my boys cos we don't have time to sit. She spoke again in Spanish and disappeared. I looked at my watched and we were a bit late so I had to run so I took 2 croissant 1 bun and left. Next morning the boys had 15 minutes to eat so we fixed them some to eat at breakfast restaurant but we didn't had that much time to eat because we had only 15 minutes and we had to help our boys first. We then came back at the hotel after we drop off our boys. Ask the receptionist if we could sit down in the restaurant and have some more to eat. He said we can't. Once we left, we can't eat there again. And that's fine by me. The only thing that I was chock was that we got complained by him and people who work in restaurant that we took food outside.... 2 croissant and 1 bun? Yeah I would understand if that person who work for breakfast tell us in English, just a word NO in English when I asked if I could have 2 croissant for my boys but no? She could not even say. Everything word in Spanish and I told her I can't speak. Just complain us to have 2 croissant and 1 bun with us even though we paid for breakfast for our kids. I find it a little bit unnecessary. It's dirty in room suite, refrigerator and toilet.

Near to Bernabeu which is good for us because we had to leave the boys to Campus Experience every morning at 8 am. Cheap room, we got a bigger room for €15 extra per day.

return visit

the breakfast is not worth the money. Its average and fresh but its too expensive. There are great cafes in the area serving breakfast for 1/3 of the price. The single beds are very single. More for children I would say than adults

The staff are fantastic and the reason I return always when in Madrid

8th visit brought friends this time

If breakfast was cheaper I would buy. The single beds are a bit too small.

good for the price.

the only thing, and it is minor, i found one of the front staff members just way too formal and serious. but the others were great.

its good for the price, and quiet which was a surprise, also well positioned. i would go there again.

Basic hotel. Price ratio not very good

Basic breakfast (if you arrive late, after 9am, you won't find many option). The wallpaper room was old and dirty

Good position (20 min to center). Staff helpfull. Excelent wifi. Many cafee, fast food, restaurant and market close to the hotel.

A pleasant, welcoming hotel that provides a good base for spending time in Madrid.

Nothing significant comes to mind.

This hotel is located in a small street in an ordinary locality in the north of the city. It is a short walk from the nearest metro station, and convenient for accessing the Chamartin mainline rail station. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the room was clean and comfortable. The view from the room window was nothing special, just the backs of adjoining apartments, but that didn't matter much.

The room was clean and tidy every day, and the wifi was fast.

The walls were a bit thin so you can hear other guests from the toilet the toilet but not big deal

The room was clean and tidy every day, and the wifi was fast. Very good price for an hotel with medium high standards and in a convenience position to go to the centre and to the airport.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Clean hotel 5 minutes from metro

The bathroom was in need of a facelift as it was a bit tired. Buffet breakfast was a bit basic with limited hot options.

Good location near lots of cafe bars and short walk from metro. Plenty of hot water in shower was good.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Good hotel in Madrid

Thee hotel is close to the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium, in a quiet busy area. The personnel was kind, the hotel is suitable either for business or touristic trip in Madrid.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

This was our second stay in this hotel.

This was our second stay in this hotel. The staff was frendly as last time. The breakfast also good and the Bernabéu is very close which is very good.

Good value

The pillow! Very flat and very hard. They need to be replaced.

Good value

It's a quiet location, close to the Metro and good value-

The pillows are not comfortable and should be replaced.

It's a quiet location, close to the Metro and good value-

Location to the stadium and other sites

Breakfast is horrible not worth it. Cafeteria close by go there literally across the street.

Location to the stadium and other sites

Safe, convenient and with a cheap price

Confortable with good air con, 5 minutes walk from metro Tetuan

The ac machine was not working properly

The ac machine was not working properly

I felt welcomed by the staff and had a memorable comfortable stay!

The staff were very professional and amicable! The bed although I thought small was very comfortable and adequate.

It was clean and comfortable

It was clean and comfortable

Infanta Mercedes

All fine.

Staff very nice, breakfast was adequate, room clean and functional - ideal for a short stay.

Nice friendly staff, close to metro stations

Too expensive for what it offered.

Nice friendly staff, close to metro stations

Staff very helpful , location good for my purpose

Staff very helpful , location good for my purpose

Comfortable room and good location.

Comfortable room and good location.

it was very good.

The Receptionist ( the one on duty when i arrived: 21.4 at 12 noon, i am sorry i forgot his name) was very helpful and friendly.

Ehhh...

Nothing, maybe breakfast

excellent location - close to metro .

excellent location - close to metro .... safe area and no issues

All

All

Nice staff , good breakfast and good value for money.

Nice staff , good breakfast and good value for money.

The bed is very comfy, location near the public transpo.

The bed is very comfy, location near the public transpo.

Agradable

Demasiado calor

La cama

go for it

the place is locate in a good place the crew is also nicce and helpfull i will be there again for sure

Price and location perfect if your planning to see Real Madrid

No complaints

Great location for our visit to the Santiago

Very pleasant for the money

Curtains need upgrade

The front desk staff so friendly and willing to help

Excellent value.

It's a cheap 2 star hotel, don't expect perfection..

Very friendly helpful staff, great price, good Wifi.

Very helpful staff.

Very helpful staff. The room was very quiet, the bed good, and the WIFI excellent, better than in many 4-star hotels.

room ok, cleaning ok

Nice comfortable place

Staff

Cleanliness

Staff

It was a beautiful experience.

It was a beautiful experience. free wi-fi, good bathroom and comfortable stay. i'd recommend it. :)

Yes Ok

Yes Ok

Room 104 is in a very bad condition

Room 104 is in a very bad condition

View of park, comfortable bed, quiet, bar for coffee close...

Metro not very close.

View of park, comfortable bed, quiet, bar for coffee close by, small store and pharmacy close.

Pleasant clean accommodations.

No complaints whatsoever.

Excellent and helpful staff.

Would stay again as good value all round and close to metro.

No prices on the mini-bar and no free water in the room.

Good breakfast and staff very pleasant.