Reviews of InterContinental Mar Menor Golf Resort and Spa 5 stars

Ceiba, s/n, 30700 Torre-Pacheco, Spain

#2 of 16 hotels in Torre-Pacheco

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Relaxed, pleasurable, easy to enjoy and stress free. Staff and surroundings made it so!
    • Deluxe Room

We have been staying at the resort for couple of years, if anyth8ng more choice please on 5he menu at the club house restaurant.

As always as returning customers we really enjoyed our stay, again! And will return, all your staff were very helpful and smiling as they helped.our recent stay was our wedding anniversary and were looked after to a very high and welcoming standard. Thankyou

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Poor check in but decent stay overall.
    • Deluxe Room

When I arrived Michele copied my credit card down on someone else's booking form. When my husband realised the mistake he threw the paper into the bin with my personal details on - no shredding here! I have recently travelled to five hotels in Spain and nobody has copied down the number of the credit card this is done on line usually. There was a serious breech of security of details at this stage. I believe more staff training is needed to protect the guests identity.

It was lovely to get away from the cities we had visited and experience a quieter location

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

PERFECT
    • Intercontinental Deluxe Room

THE LOCK TO THE INDOOR POOL DID NOT WORK THE 2 DAYS WE WERE THERE AND NO LIGHTS IN THE SHOWER ROOM AT THE INDOOR POOL,,HAD TO CALL STAFF FOR ENTRY

THE OVERALL WAS PERFECT ,,SUPERB VIEW ,,VERY COMFY BED,, SUPER BREAKFAST AS ALL WAYS

Resort complex
    • Deluxe Room

Breakfast was not overly inspiring. Could have been at any hotel breakfast Surprised to get a badly chipped cup

Very comfy bed and pillows Lovely size toiletries

this is not a five star hotel, rather a good 4 star, the...
    • Deluxe Room

the food at lunch was dreadful.

this is not a five star hotel, rather a good 4 star, the food was just average, would not advise any of my friends to visit.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The hotel is great, big rooms, fantastic pool, really clean,...
    • Deluxe Room

Couldn’t find anything, it worths its 5 stars!

The hotel is great, big rooms, fantastic pool, really clean, very quiet. Beautiful rustic decoration. The best of this hotel is the staff, friendly and helpful from the receptionist to the pool guys. All the restaurants serve quality food and are located on the ground floor. Dreamy environment and safe. I found my resting place!

Good overall but they just didn't get it quite right...
    • Deluxe Room

There's something about it that's not 5 star. It has all the ingredients but either the execution was off or the facilities were just not quite there. There were things you felt they could have done better. I know this is vague but it was more of an impression or feeling than anything else. Of course, others may have found it perfect but we didn't. I felt that if you claim to be 5 star then you should meet and exceed all of your guests expectations. Perhaps I have been spoiled elsewhere. Specifically, we found the waiting staff at the bar adjacent to the pool to be off hand, impatient and unfriendly.

The hotel was nice enough and the majority of the staff were pleasant and friendly. We received an upgrade as loyalty club members which was a nice surprise. There were all the usual amenities - gym, golf, cafes, restaurants, spa so everything you need is there.

Very enjoyable but personal caution needed.
    • Deluxe Room

Right.... very noisy evening music. I complained and the male receptionist said he had just come on duty and had felt the same and had already told the entertainment staff to lower the noise. But I had to get out of bed, get dressed and go down to Reception to explain. I used the complimentary coffee supplies, but they were not replenished. The shower floor is very, very slippery. A massive hazard. The step on the balcony is a very bad accident waiting to happen. Tiles on the pool bar roof are slipping. We reported this as it is a lethal hazard. The tiles around the pool are also very slippery. I felt, being a 5* hotel, not enough care has been put into the safety of clients. I hope my comments are taken as constructive.

The hotel was beautiful. Amazing reception from the team. Very quick check in although we were early. We were also upgraded.

Great hotel, definitely will return.
    • Deluxe Room

There’s nothing not to like. My only negative would be that you’re a little isolated, the hotel is in the middle of a large complex of villas. Having said that, we are happy not to leave the hotel as there’s everything you need there.

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times. For us it’s perfect, staff exceptionally helpful, hotel very clean, breakfast great, quiet and relaxing. Rooms spacious and everything you need, will be returning without a doubt.

• Deluxe Room

We arrived late afternoon after a long drive from Sevilla. The friendliness of the staff and their customer focus was second to none. Checking in at the hotel was very quick which allowed us to quickly settle in and enjoy the break. The rooms were very comfortable and very clean. We had breakfast in the price of the stay which was very good. We also used the restaurants at the hotel and again the food was very good. I would not hesitate recommending this hotel to my family and friends in the future.

Very nice relaxing break on a long road trip.
    • Deluxe Room

Was a little out of the way not near any town.

Great room. Lovely welcome from the reception lady. Lovely dinner and breakfast. Indoor pool was great. Outdoor pool looked lovely, just a bit cold for us at this time of year. Course looked great if you were a golfer.

Like a beautiful quiet desert island
    • Deluxe Room

Late room service is very limited. I ordered a chicken sandwich which came with no chicken!! Neither pool was open so I taxied to the intercontinental which cost me €40 euros Taxi and then entrance fee....

Amazing view. Extremely peaceful - very few guests. Lovely helpful reception staff.

Excellent food
    • Deluxe Room

Service staff were somewhat miserable at times due to being short staffed and a few of the bars and conveniences were closed along with the side entrance, it’s a long walk around!

Excellent food

Truly excellent hotel.
    • Deluxe Room

It's a golf resort so it's a bit in the middle of nowhere. Clearly a limited choice of eateries .

The bed was a bit soft for our liking. It's a great hotel. The room was spacious and quiet.

A lovely, relaxing stay in a delightful setting!

Nothing - just perfect!

A lovely peaceful resort with superb staff, especially on our check in! Our reception with a glass of 'blue' wine was absolutely charming and all staff were just spectacular in their care and help with local knowledge! The breakfast buffet was very varied and tempting and the one night we dined in the restaurant was superb - the food, the wine and the service - faultless! The Intercontinental's Guest Relations Manager, Fabryzio was immensely helpful to us and we thoroughly enjoyed several chats with him.

Confortable hotel for golf or relaxing with friendly and professional staff.
    • Deluxe Room

The security guards at the main gate could definitively use a politeness training. Our first contact with the hotel on our arrival was not good at all. Also, please put a sign that one needs to “press the button” for the gates to open. If you get there for the first time you don’t have a clue how to enter and the security guard will not help you. Shame on this guy.

Nice hotel with professional and friendly staff. Rooms are spacious and confortable. Breakfast is excellent. The gardens and golf are well kept.

Extended stay
    • Deluxe Room

The only thing I did not like during our stay in the deluxe room, was that we could hear the neighbors as there were inside door connecting both rooms.

We loved this place so much that we stayed 2 days longer. Pity we could not stay longer. First we had deluxe room with pool view and than junior suit, both were very nice and comfortable. Wifi worked perfectly at good speed. The breakfast was delicious, great selection of coffee. Food portions of room servise could be a bit bigger.

Amazing hotel and facilities
    • Deluxe Room

Some of the golfing groups were extremely extremely raucous which made it difficult to relax around the pool area

The rooms and facilities are exceptiomal

Nice location with friendly staff and food was very good
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Pool View

only give 2 bottles of complimentary water over the entire stay which is first time experience for me stay in many similar star hotels and have never come across this

Nice location with friendly staff and food was very good

In all a good holiday, I'm extra fussy so being quite picky, having said that, I would return
    • Deluxe Room

The only thing I'd say wasn't great was the air con in the room, very poor, room had a ceiling fan that kept the room comfortable, I personally like a cool room after a day in the sun. If I had to be extra picky the Sunbed's were a little dirty and some could do with replacing, also some of the little tables around the pool were dirty, some had chewing gum stuck to them, a couple had what looked like food stuck on them, it didn't ruin the holiday but wouldn't have taken a lot to keep clean. Also had to pay for use of the day beds, never experienced that before

The room was spotless, large bathroom, very comfortable bed, the staff very friendly, good choice of restaurants in hotel, good breakfast, supermarket opposite hotel, lovely spa

Fantastic birthday present
    • Deluxe Room

The rain, wasn't clear that you had to book he spa either

Breakfast was amazing! Room was also amazing, loved the pool view. Staff were so helpful and friendly, restaurants to an excellent standard! Pool was amazing

Perfect couple of days at end of our holiday in Spain. An oasis of excellence !

Food is good with multiple restaurants, if a little pricey. Shame that the Japanese restaurant is sushi only and not Teppanyaki also.

Best swimming pool ever ! Big and deep ! Lovely, friendly staff - couldn't do more to make your stay enjoyable.

Great location for golfers travelling with families as everything is so near by to the hotel!
    • Deluxe Room

Really enjoyed the variety of options available for breakfast and the staff were very helpful, also beds are very comfortable. Great shop near the hotel for all you will need! Only issue was the gym wasn't great, if this was sorted then Mar Menor Resort would be my number one place to stay in Murcia

Fantastic
    • Deluxe Room

We only got to stay 24 hours. The Irish Bar was a big disappointment but has loads of potential.

Stayed for 1 night & when arrived there was an issue with our booking, all my fault but Migel at reception went above and beyond to solve the problem. The room was fantastic, the pool bar was very relaxing and the steak house couldn't have been better. Already planning to go back in October.

Lovely hotel, great facilities and really helpful staff. A bit expensive but it is 5*.
    • Deluxe Room

A little strict in that they didn't allow my friend to hang around the pool with me because she was staying in the hotel. Although she had a villa on the complex.

The staff were friendly and very helpful. My first room had ants and they moved me immediately with no fuss, second one was fine. Lovely setting and facilities. Breakfast 5*.

Average stay
    • Deluxe Room

Can be noisy in the evenings. Coffee machine in room didn't work, lights didn't work properly.

Impressive building and right in the heart of the Mar Menor resort.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Nice hotel but unfortunately, not 5 Star
    • King Double Room with Pool View

We were in a room with an interconnecting door - the noise from next door was very loud. Also on the last day, we were told we could use the gym as a changing/ shower facility but there were no towels etc in the gym area and when we mentioned at reception, we were told we had to go the Spa on a different floor below to get them - nobody thought to mention this!

Property was very nice and rooms were spacious. The breakfast was very good and the pool area was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Watch the filthy birds
    • Deluxe Room

Small birds flying everywhere messing on chairs and tables which never seemed to be cleaned away, was difficult to find cushion and chair which was clean.

Acceptable and friendly

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Perfect weekend getaway
    • King Double Room with Pool View

Hotel staff were extremely welcoming and friendly. Room was very spacious and comfortable. Supermarket on the complex was very close and very reasonably priced. Very happy indeed.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Lovely hotel but need to improve on staff.
    • Deluxe Room

Lack of staff in the restaurant, booked a late room check out but no one bothered to tell us that they were unable to offer this as they were fully booked even though online there were still rooms available to book for the same day so was given half an hour notice to leave the room while still having over 7 hours before leaving the hotel for our flight!

Beautiful hotel, very clean, good choice of breakfast.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Underwhelming
    • King Double Room with Pool View

Very luke warm welcome and service in general. The property was well maintained but this was not matched by delivery on the ground. Did not meet expectations at all in terms of 5 star customer service.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Brilliant place to stay along the way even if you aren't...
    • Deluxe Room

Nothing. Would have liked another night. One was not enough.

Brilliant place to stay along the way even if you aren't a golfer. Great bed and view over pool sensational. Breakfast very good along with the Spanish restaurant.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

All above except I was refused breakfast and as my pa booked...
    • Deluxe Room

All above except I was refused breakfast and as my pa booked and it was weekend I had a job sorting out in fact I didn't sort it out I went without breakfast😳

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

We will definitely return but will request a room overlooking the pool.
    • Deluxe Room

Disappointed not to have a room with a pool view this time and although the bedroom was great the bathroom shower left a bit to be desired - there seemed to be a slight problem with the drain which was a bit smelly.

Loved the big room with all the extras anyone could possibly need for one night. Very quiet and private with a great sense of security . Very friendly helpful girls on reception. Great food in the Nomad restaurant. This was our second visit in a few weeks, love it!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Amazing alround and fantastic staff

I didn't dislike anything

Everything about the hotel was just perfect I will be back

Terrace pool parking bays and the golf vullage

Fareway from everything😥😥

Terrace pool parking bays and the golf vullage

The pool
    • Deluxe Room

The waitress in the pool bar. When I asked for something e.g. the bill, her response was “What!”

The pool

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Two day break- thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing
    • Deluxe Room

It was extremely clean and comfortable, close to all amenities

Staff were very attentive
    • Deluxe Room

shop on site would have been good

Staff were very attentive

The location and surrounds fantastic
    • Deluxe Room

The dinning room had a small step from the food area to the terrace which was dangerous and I tripped over it .

The location and surrounds fantastic

Bath & shower had problems everything else v good.
    • Deluxe Room

Bath & shower had problems everything else v good.

Very enjoyable and the food is excellant
    • Deluxe Room

We have stayed here on several occasions and never disappoints and the breakfast is really good and really fresh

Excellent place
    • Intercontinental Deluxe Room

Fabulous value for money!
    • Intercontinental Deluxe Room

Great property to stop at for either golf or travels through Spain

Definitely returning
    • Deluxe Room

Some building work going on near the pool

Incredible room

Bed extremely comfortable.
    • Deluxe Room

Bed extremely comfortable. Bathroom excellent and views amazing

Fabulous hotel facilities super location nice and quiet.
    • Deluxe Room

Not enough milk in room for coffee..:)

Quiet location for a few days rest, along with everything beside hotel golf course restaurants supermarket etc.

It was OK - at best.
    • Deluxe Room

The service in the bar was appalling.

The bed was huge.

A nice stay, good golf and a very comfortable hotel.
    • King Double Room with Pool View

The meal in the Steak Restaurant was poor.

Excellent breakfast

Amazing staff fabulous rooms.
    • Deluxe Room

Amazing staff fabulous rooms. The spa was so relaxing

Excelent decorated, quality in breakfast.
    • Deluxe Room

Too far for someone who doesn't play golf.

Excelent decorated, quality in breakfast.

mini bar prices

mini bar prices

Very good

Lack of disabled access

Everything about the hotel and I would stay there again.

Breakfast was excellent.

Breakfast was excellent.

Pleasant and relaxing
    • Deluxe Room

Weather was awful. Not the hotels fault. Bit out of the way of attractions.

Super hotel. Breakfast was delicious. Hotel spacious, clean and friendly

Boutique hotel in lovely surroundings, everything about it...
    • King Double Room with Pool View

Boutique hotel in lovely surroundings, everything about it is high quality

Pool , the golf and the size of the room were great
    • Deluxe Room

The mattress needs replacing !!!!!!!!!!

Pool , the golf and the size of the room were great

Hotel was amazing with wonderful staff

Hotel was amazing with wonderful staff

Enjoyable, relaxing stsy
    • King Double Room with Pool View

That the pool bar and the pool toilets were closed

Lovely rooms

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Great relaxed weekend away
    • Intercontinental Deluxe Room

Good selection and quality food

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

The hotel room

The hotel room

Wonderful
    • Deluxe Room

I didn't like that there was no Spanish cuisine in the resort ☹️

I would go back but for a longer stay.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Pool View

Rooms spacious good fittings,staff friendly and helpful,breakfastsuperbBeds really comfortable.Couldnt fault it.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Short stay needed longer

Arrived to late to use the Spa closed at 7pm

Nice large bathroom

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

if you can go and stay

the friendliness of staff

• Reviewed: 5 May 2016

Breakfast was great, staff was very nice.

Swimming pool was closed for maintenance without prior notice and activities on the programme were not rearranged accordingly.

Breakfast was great, staff was very nice. Rooms are pretty and choice of restaurants is very good.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

amazing complex.

only thing is beach is not by. But is not hotel fault. Nice little cities around, with nice beaches

amazing complex. Perfect for Golf, incredibly nice pool and building. Clean and luxurious. Breakfast was superb. Quietness and relax, amazing indoor pool and spa. Parking on site

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

the bedrooms are lovely .

€6 for a kit-kat in the minibar

the bedrooms are lovely . also good wi-fi everywhere. overall its a comfortable place to stay with friendly helpful staff

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

Location on the Golf Course.

Christmas lunch was a disaster. Dining room full of Golf club members and wives, determined to get plastered. Children running riot, and the noise overwhelming. This was a buffet lunch, and the time queuing to be served was about half an hour, by which time the food was cold. Staff completely overwhelmed by the numbers.The last time I ever eat out for Christmas Lunch-

Location on the Golf Course. If you are a Golf addict I suppose this hotel is for you.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

Spotlessly clean, comfortable bed, nice quality toiletries, ...

All rooms have interconnecting doors,we could hear the next room occupants conversion during our first night .We were offered another room where the room connected was vacant for the next 2 nights until our last night when the room was occupied.

Spotlessly clean, comfortable bed, nice quality toiletries, good choice for breakfast including delicious omelettes made to order, friendly staff, great facilities.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2015

This hotel is fantastic.

A ful length mirror in the room would have been nice and the wardrobe was quite small if you were staying for more than a couple of nights.

This hotel is fantastic. The staff are very professional. The room was the best one we have stayed in in Spain, complete with whirlpool bath, tea and coffee making in the room (first time we have found that in Spain) and the most comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

Nice area so much we have rented a villa long term.

Cold food more times than not with the exception of the breakfast which is very good

Nice area so much we have rented a villa long term. Food is not in keeping with a supposed five star Hotel

• Reviewed: 17 September 2015

A relaxed atmosphere with very nice friendly staff and good...

We didn't bring golf equipment with us and couldn't justify the combination of green fee's together with hire charges.

A relaxed atmosphere with very nice friendly staff and good food made the Intercontinental a great choice for our vacation and we will certainly make a return trip to it.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

Close to airport, luxury hotel, good breakfast, lovely pool...

Service in golf club restaurant, Clover bar and Pool bar very slow due to lack of staff. Staff there were nice and pleasant but unable to cope with the volume at peak times. Hotel is missing an opportunity to take more revenue by staffing properly.

Close to airport, luxury hotel, good breakfast, lovely pool - great location for a few days break

• Reviewed: 31 May 2015

Overall super helpful staff, excellent breakfast and evening...

Lunch options were more limited with only one venue open and quality of food was ok but not to the standard of the breakfast and evening meals. Housekeeping times also appeared a little random and sometimes were mid afternoon

Overall super helpful staff, excellent breakfast and evening meal options with a variety of restaurents. All excellent quality of food. Superb room, very clean and excellent gym facility. We felt the the food also represented good value.

There are also 45 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.