Reviews of Hotel Iris 1 stars

La Palma, 47, 03501 Benidorm, Spain

#82 of 120 hotels in Benidorm

• Double or Twin Room

Only one thing, the wifi connection could have been stronger.

The location was great very clean and all the staff were extremely helpful and very friendly. Had a great time there I'd defianlty stay again.

• Double or Twin Room

The owner was lovely and very helpful. On a relatively quiet side street but very close to all the bars and restaurants. Easy to walk everywhere. Very reasonably priced for the location.

The lovely lady on reception is marvellous so helpful and pleasant. Tthe rooms are basic but spotless. The beds are very comfortable. Lovely bathroom and even air conditioning.

• Double or Twin Room

Very clean room good value for money. The staff were very pleasant and welcoming. would stay again. The hotel is very close to the shops restaurants and beaches. Ideal for a visit to Benidorm.

• Double or Twin Room

There were no major problems with this hotel.

The owners were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in the Old Town, which is near to both beaches, the park, the train station and the night life. The bed was comfortable and everything worked in the bathroom.

• Double or Twin Room

Shower was horrible no presser and had to hold to shower my self down. Lock on balcony door wouldn't lock at all,

lovely friend couple that run the hotel. Nice and quiet very clean in the communal areas.

• Double or Twin Room

Patio doors don't lock. We had 2 rooms booked and the patio doors did not lock in any of the rooms.

Lovely English couple running the hotel, very helpful and friendly. Good location in Old Town once you get your bearings.

• Double or Twin Room

I was partly to blame for being a bit unhappy as I thought I'd booked self catering so was a little shocked to find room only. Also the balcony was too small to hold even a chair.

The proprietors were the nicest people that I have ever met. They loaned us a kettle and mugs and even supplied milk every morning. The lady even gave me razors and shaving foam that I was going out to buy.

• Quadruple Room (4 Adults)

Bedsheets ripped and worn looking. No elevators. No choice to have breakfast.

Good location, lovely friendly staff who couldn't do enough for us. Clean and decent rooms, decent bathroom.

The location is perfect but the most important was the kindness of the owner. She was really friendly and helpful what changed everything about our stay (event though it was for one night).

Bit dated

Wasn't expecting much for how much we payed,but was pleasently surprised. our room was very good,clean and tidy.but here's the best bit...the people who run it are brilliant,they cannot do enough for u and make u proper welcome.yeah it's a bit dated but they more than make up for it and that's why we'll be going back again.

The Hotel was exactly as I expected, Very comfy and fulfilled my needs. All three members of staff I met were very very friendly and helpful and could not do enough to make my stay as pleasant as possible. If I can ever go back I would definitely stay there again.

• Double or Twin Room

No tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms. Staff are happy to make one but need to get dressed and go down to bar for it

Attentive and friendly staff. Lots of bars and restaurants nearby. Just far enough away from the mania of the new town

• Double or Twin Room

Owners could not have been more pleasant and helpful beds very comfortable. air con actually worked and was free. wifi excellent. At back of old town so no sea views but nice and quiet at night Had a better time at Iris than other more expensive budget Benidorm hotels.Would definitely go there again!!!!

It was all good for me

I was upgraded to an apartment without asking and it was lovely, as were the staff. Very very helpful. Looking forward to going back

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Sabbi & Asad were a lovely hosts, brother & sister. Nothing was too much trouble. Very helpful. Made you feel so at home & safe. I will miss them & definately keep in touch with them & stay again

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The staff at hotel iris were amazing....they were friendly inviting and generally care about their clients! I couldn't fault a single thing about hotel iris and will definitely be staying there again when we go back!!

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Pickup from the hotel to the airport could have been better. Picked up at 07.10. For a 13.00 flight. Not happy.

Just to chill out and spend most of the day on the beech in the sun and watch the world go by. Food in benidorm is good and cheap, but go to rays chippy just by the birds seed stand., and get a meal, out of this world,so fresh it's to die for. Prices from one bar to another do fluctuate so be careful get a price.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Nothen could of bin better because it's a very nice and excellent hotel they couldn't do more for me I love this hotel

I loved every bit about this hotel very nice excellent staff was very kind nice and very helpful and if I cud I wud rate this hotel 100 out of a 100 and it's the best hotel ever I have stayed in they deserve praise for there hard work kindness and honest nice people and I can't say no more but excellent

• Double or Twin Room

the guys were extremely nice people, they couldnt do enough to help you, i would definetly recommenend staying here, 5mins walk to beach, comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Very basic, old beach towels for the shower and no toiletries. But if you just want a bed for the night, its good value

Really friendly and helpful. Fantastic location for Old Town.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

would have been nice to have tea making facilities n a fridge in room.

Staff were fantastic, everything u could want within a few minutes walk. New venison just a walk along promenade...but old rendition has everything on its door step,

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

I requested a quiet room and the owner went so far out of her way to make me happy, I was sincerely touched. Definitely will stay at Hotel Iris next time!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Our stay at Hotel Iris was exactly what we needed for a Hen weekend in Benidorm, good location, only a five minute walk to the Lavente Beach with lots of bars, shops and cafe's in walking distance. Only about a 20 minute walk to the main strip or a short taxi ride which only cost about 7 euros. Sabi and Hassan are the perfect host, we would definitely stay again, very good value for money. We love you Sabi from the Bristol girls

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

The rooms were not attended to every day (i.e.you have to make your own bed) only a minor thing . For me not a problem but no elevator

This old hotel is in a perfect location although it is like taking a trip back in time .It was very clean and what the hotel lacks in Modern Facilities it more than makes up in the friendliness of the brother and sister who work and run it .The value for money would be very hard to beat .If I was intending to live in this area for a long period I would be negotiating a deal with the owners .

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were very friendly on our arrival and offered alternative accommodation due to my partners health condition. This was offered at no extra cost. I would highly recommend this hotel .

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Beds were DREADFULL, Shower hardly worked, Only one socket in the room, Overall would not stay there again. A real shame location is perfect.

The Location. Sorry thats it.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel ..I would say not hotel more like a stop over .. Hostel we were first put in a room with 6 beds pick a bed .. Lady that owned it sayed it was just for night .. Next day put in other room d/room it was ok bed was clean room could do with a fresh coat of paint and clean curtains ..to be onest after a couple of nights it was ok it is only to put your head down has got tv and a couple of English stations and has air/ con which was a bonus as it was very warm at night .. Owners brother and sister where always very nice .. New everyone in hotel am sure there is only 12 rooms .. As a got this cheap as they say ..you get what you pay for .

It was handy for the old town ..up one off the narrow streets ..7 min walk to beach .. Plenty going on up there always busy lots of shops and restaurants .. If you walk along the front of beach half way along and turn right that will take you to the main strip in new town it takes about 20 to 30 mins depending on how fast you walk ..plenty of shops bars restaurants along the way .. Very busy up strip if you walk back on that street takes you back along to old town with plenty of restaurants and very Spanish which is nice .. All in all I love benidorm

• Double or Twin Room

The Staff provided an excellent sevice while we were at the hotel, advice and guidance to plan our trips and places to eat. They were friendly and cheerful all of the time our room was kept clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

We could have done with 2 more towels and chairs for the balcony

Loved the location.The owner was really friendly and helpful.The shower was good and the air con worked well

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Being moved to what appeared to be an unlicensed rental property and being asked to walk backwards and forwards ..no wifi..no air con..beds that were foldaway...dusty windows..unkempt linen..no change of towels or linen in a week.. we booked a hotel room with maid service... But on reflection i am so glad i only had to deal with the lady once...i will put a proper and full review on trip advisor..

Host appeared warm and friendly

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

There was nothing I did not like

Never stayed any were in the world were the manager gives so much time and help a real nice lady and staff.does wat it says on the tin completely happy for the money we paid

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Shower head needs securing!

This is a budget hotel but it had everything we needed. Lovely hostess - comfy clean bed and bathroom. Air con was very efficient too.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

It was very very noisey at night, but it was the height of the summer season...

We (as a mature couple) were upgraded to a newly refurbished apartment across from the hotel Iris... Which was lovely although the only mirror in the apartment was in the bathroom... The shower was excellent!!!

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Got a really warm welcome, staff/owners friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean with eru good air con! Choice of a super soft or hard bed in the room. No complaints about this place. Location was spot on in the old town.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Nothing really, although upgrading the television system would be good.

Location was good. A little noisy at night but it is benidorm after all. Sabi and Hammed are both great proprietors. Clean and comfortable. All had a great stay and will stay again.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Aircon Not working. dirty bathroom. hard beds.noisy. overall very scruffy. we wasn't expecting much from a 1 star hotel. We stayed only 1 night. my wife is 8 months pregnant and we had only 1 request that the room had air-conditioning...we arrived in the room .Double bed and a single bed for my 5 year old daughter. room was very dark.basic. Bathroom dirty. But we thought it's just 1 night and all other hotels in area are full. when we decided to go to sleep. we put the Aircon on. it was just blowing out warmish air. It was doing nothing. my wife could not sleep and at 8 months pregnant was very uncomfortable. I went to reception at 5 am to ask for an explanation and to resolve this. they was just rude and argued with me. the next day after little sleep we checked out and again I mentioned the Aircon and again the lady was rude. I informed them I would be writing a review. about 1 hour after check out. I received an email from booking.com saying I never showed up for my reservation and I would be charged a further €75.. I contacted booking.com and explained I stayed at hotel and paid by Visa. .booking.com was very helpful and resolved this issue. however I have no idea why the hotel said we never showed up...I will continue to book with booking.com but I would never stay at this hotel again

Nothing to like about this place

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

one bath towel only for each person and no handle or face towel. Owner informed us that sheets are changed once a week. In 2 days no change of bath towels either or room cleaning. Only a small bottle of bath soap and no hand soap available.

Owner very kind and helpful

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Fabulous managers Assam & Sabi in this small hotel. Very very friendly & helpful. A little gem in the centre of Benidorm. Great location.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

Nothing whatsoever to dislike

Family run hotel in old town - we booked for 7 nights and 1st night slept really well - room had all we needed - bonus after 1st night, owner asked if we wanted to use their Apartment in new town for remainder of our stay and it was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

It would have been nice to have a fridge in the room as it was very hot and you had no where to store cold drinks

Staff were very friendly and helpfull

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Family Room (5 Adults)

not a thing

location 2 beach & owners could not have been more helpful & kind which made a big difference 2 our stay as we were a group of older ladys.thank you so much sam & family

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Yes, of course, it's not the most luxurious place to stay. But for a group of friends staying for a weekend it's exactly what we needed. The family literally could not do enough for you! I really hope people don't dismiss the place because it lacks a couple of extra stars next to its name. I've never felt so welcome and I will definitely be returning!

What more can I say about this place? I can genuinely say I've never been to a place where the people in charge would do anything for you to make your stay a good one. I want to say customer service was first class but we genuinely didn't feel like customers, more like family staying over for the weekend! It was such a lovely experience.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

There was nothing to dislike

The hotel is in the 'old town' perfect for couples and people seeking the more traditional benidorm holiday. NOT suitable for stag parties and gangs of lads. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I was about a 15 minute walk from my friends who were sraying in the new town.

Sabi and Asad really lovely and friendly. Be fair couldnt do enough for you.

super friendly staff

It was too quiet for us

The lovely management

No issues. Value for money.

5 stars for friendly and helpful management

the tv

the room

• Double or Twin Room

Friendly helpful nice people.

value for money.

A balcony

Quality of apt was higher than hotel rating

The owners were fantastic

Clean and tidy

• Double or Twin Room

Brother and Sister run hotel 18 rooms large clean, good value for money, in the old town ,near to the tapas bars ,old British pubs

Nothing at all

Really friendly couple who couldn’t do enough to accommodate and please. Very cheap if you just need somewhere clean and comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing just what we expected

Staff was really lovely friendly and very helpful, hotel was clean and tidy clean towels and no noise.

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent location given the price we paid. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

The owners were extremely friendly and helpful. Recommend this hotel any time to others. Bobby.

The owners were amazing, really helpful and very kind, next time I go to benerdorm I will book here again

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing really, can't complain for price

Very nicely located hotel, central but tucked away.

The room was basic but clean

• Double or Twin Room

The owners were the friendliest most helpful hotel owners I’ve met !

Very clean and comfortable place, good location and very friendly people

• Double or Twin Room

no food or provision to prepare food

Good hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

Very helpful and very friendly

No coffee making facilities,

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Clean, tidy.

• Quadruple Room (4 Adults)

N/a

The couple that run this hotel are amazing, made sure we were made welcome from the moment we arrived xx

• Double or Twin Room

Facilities a bit tired but it was comfortable enough

Location and staff

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were fantastic, property very dated and in need of repair.

Tea and coffee facilities would have been a bonus

Staff very friendly and accommodating

nothng all great

i was given an upgrade to an apartment which was a welcome surprize

• Double or Twin Room

Just a mirror in the bedroom for getting ready

The staff were excellent friendly could not do enough for you

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing to dislike 😊 it is what it is

The location... right in the old town