Reviews of Jardín Del Atlántico 3 stars

San Cristóbal De La Laguna, 9, 35100 Playa del Ingles, Spain

#138 of 166 hotels in Playa del Ingles

Based on 658 apartment reviews

There was no option for do not disturb and the cleaning service was more like a room check with very abrupt staff. No microwave.

Great location. 4 swimming pools with quieter options. Ground floor room great for eating and sunbathing. Staff very friendly, especially William in the bar and restaurant. Price was excellent for 2 weeks self catering with 2 kids.

• Apartment (3 Adults)

I stayed here for just 1 night because everywhere else was fully booked. This is a sprawling and noisy apartment block with residents and holidaymakers combined. The accommodation is very basic and the apartment had a terrible strong chemical smell. Loud music from the music venues across the road, and from the on site entertainment by the pool area, so avoid this place if you want peace and quiet. On the plus side the bed was comfortable but it was not prepared and I had to make it up myself. I would definitely not stay here again unless absolutely necessary.

• Apartment (3 Adults)

Bathtube was very old Loud in the night- guests coming back from pubs

Swimming pools Room facilities Playground for kids Sunbeds Palm trees around

• Apartment (3 Adults)

That I was charged twice because they didn’t take down that I had 2 people staying, it cost me 150 Euro for a room with no food or drink which was very basic when I could get all Inclusive for 2 for 100 in a 3 star hotel

• Apartment (3 Adults)

The room was not like the rooms on the first 40 photos on your site. It was very old, flaking wall paper, smelt a little odd and the bathroom was pretty gross

There was onsite parking, I think that is where the good things end.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

TV set remote control is under 10 Euro deposit. It is very strange. Quite noisy outside. Too much plastic stuff. But it is quite good for tge value. Very good choise of tv channels.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

First room at front of accommodation noisy and horrible views of bars / building work. Moved room overlooking pool at back. That was ok

Convenient place. Swimming poolbalcony on the sun

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Everything a bit dated, needs a fresh coat of paint. Noise problems from local bars if you stay on the side of the complex nearest the road.

Large room, well equipped. A good location for the Playa del Ingles beach and some nice bars and cafes just outside. Complex was very clean, choice of pools and a few shops, bars and restaurants.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Reception desk was old, it didn't make a good first impression, but rest of the hotel was ok. I didn't like deserts and sweets for dinner, they looked delicious but the taste was very poor and cheap. Only ice cream was great, as well as any other food.

Good thing was plenty of different food, you can choose different types of meat, side dishes and vegetables. Room was comfortable with fully equipped kitchen and fridge. It's a huge hotel complex with 4 swimming pools, a lot like many others in the area. Hotel is little bit old, but "price/performance" ratio was very good.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

No air con No hair dryer Man behind reception was no help for getting to the airport. Told us the transfer was full and to find our own transfer. The elevators are really outdated and don’t feel very safe.

The fact we had multiple swimming pools to choose from and the alcohol was cheap behind the bars was nice. (Guy behind the bar was so helpful - unlike the receptionist)

• Apartment (2 Adults)

The bed was uncomfortable I could feel the springs of the bed when i laid down. The bedding was dirty as if they had quickly got someone out to let me have the room but I arrive 2pm giving them plenty of time to get the room clean for me. The bath was stained and when I went to have a shower the waters temperature would change and at one point i burnt my back from the temperature. There was no air con and no fan to keep me cool during the night. The room smelt of sweat. I had to pay extra for wifi but the connection was slow and in some parts of the room there was no connection on my iphone 7. Disgusting! Please do not book!

Nothing everything was below average

• Apartment (2 Adults)

The beds were so uncomfortable, food was awful, the staff were so rude and un-friendly. Didn't see one smile from them what so ever!

The location was brilliant. Close to the beach!

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Rooms could do with major update and furniture. Very noisy place, can be quite dirty place, room cleaners don't seem to be too thorough. Wouldn't personally stay all inclusive again due to time restrictions being so short for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Definitely needs a bigger dining room.

Good location, nice and friendly staff

• Apartment (3 Adults)

I was put in a room at the front of the hotel with a young child with loud bars playing music till the early hours of the morning. We were kept awake most nights, i tried to complain but reception told me to come back in the morning, which wasn't very helpful. I requested to move rooms but i was told i would have to pay!

The room was fine

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Staff were unbelievably rude, however the hotel was good for the price and we could put up with the staff just don't ask them for any help. The room was clean and tidy and the pool area was clean.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Unfortunately there were a lot more things we didn't like than did... Such as- tired and very tatty in places with lots of extras to Pay for.... Pay for your TV, pay for a mat for the sunbed, pay for snacks, very poor food and restaurant small for hotel size, no all inclusive snacks, drinks in plastic cups like children, free WiFi only available when indoor bar was open at 2pm otherwise pay for it, bad unreliable Wi-Fi even when you paid, pool table broken but nobody cares, this is the worst all inclusive hotel I have ever been too the hotel was very dated definitely due a refurb and it seems still running like 30 years ago too, people expect much better for the very good price paid for a 3 star all inclusive holiday? It's not all inclusive so don't pay for it! The cocktails were rubbish, the food was rubbish very few staff managed a smile we paid extra for a room upgrade and got the same as everyone else as there was nothing better to upgrade to??? Very poor standard all round, very disappointed 😞 The most expensive all inclusive holiday we've had as we had to eat out most of the time..

The barman was very friendly and had good customer service The draught lager was good Kept very clean

• Apartment (2 Adults)

The food (if you have all inclusive). Also they you have to drink beer etc from plastic cups in the bar, while people not having all inclusive gets proper glas. Also, if you cant handle noise (music), dont stay here, or maybe ask for a room away from the irish centre. No air condition so can get a bit hot in the bedroom. No free Wi-Fi in the room. They wanted 6 euros a day!

The location, pool area. The room.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults + 1 Child)

En del stökiga gäster, karneval. Livepub utanför - jag har dock god sömn men är man känslig, välj något annat eller byt rum. De ville dock ha 20 euro för detta. Bra och vänlig städpersonal, en del mycket vänliga receptionister, andra mindre roliga. Använd hotellets parkering, fick böter - konstigt system med bra kompensationsmöjlighet - utanför. Gott om plats för cykel.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Apartment (3 Adults)

the staff where SO RUDE, we stood at reception for 10 minutes while they just say there chatting on the phone.

The rooms where very clean and the hotel in general was lovely

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults)

No free wifi, only very expensive option. Free wifi in bar but short opening hours. Extra payment needed for safe and TV channels, even public ones.

Arrived before check in time and were offered a room but asked for one with a sunny balcony. No problem with our request. Near bus stop and beachside walks. Shops opposite.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults)

I requested a room in a quite place, we got a room at the front, the Flanagans bar had live music every night until midnight! we could hear this loud and clear. I would liked to have a double bed with my husband but they did not take the time to even put the singles together. They did not change our bed linnen until I asked. and did not gave us clean towels over the weekend.

Bathroom was ok but small. Beds were ok. balcony with pool view was good. and clean. they even washed the dishes for us. friendly staff, helpful with booking a trip, even though we requested a pick up in a different appartment.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults)

The Irish bar opposite was noisy but the live music stopped at about 11pm so was never a problem! (We would normally be out then anyway!)

The hotel was in a great location and the facilities were great! The staff were friendly and were more than happy to help you if you needed anything! The maids came to the room daily too. I was dubious about going after reading some of the reviews so was very happily surprised with the hotel when we got there!!! For what we paid for the hotel it was lovely and exceeded all expectations! It's not a 4/5* hotel and I think some reviews we read were expecting to much. I will book this hotel again when I return to Gran Canaria!

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Hotel is fairly dated. It needs a renovation, it is a lot of nickel and dime. You need to pay extra for everything, tv, wifi and the use of the pool. You can use the all inclusive option, but there is only one bar and restaurant so i do not think it is worth it at all.

Location is great, short way to shopping malls and restaurants. You are also very close to the beach.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Apartment (3 Adults)

My one problem with my stay was not the hotel's fault. Across the street, a cafe bar had this Irish guy (I've seen him before on other trips to Playa del Ingles) performing well into the night, doing old 70s songs at the top of his (nothing special) voice, with the speakers blasting. You could hear it blocks away and my room was at the front of the hotel. Thankfully I had ear plugs, which blocked some of the noise, but it really was out of order allowing someone like that to perform late on a Sunday night, in a location surrounded by hotels. It was like a mini-rock concert for heaven's sake! Do they not have noise ordinances in that town?

I really liked my apartment. It was clean and well appointed. My bed was comfortable (I like a firm mattress), especially the pillows. They had a great aerial photograph of Gran Canaria in the bedroom which was super, since I was staying in Playa del Ingles. I don't get hotels that put big pictures of New York in their rooms when I'm staying in . . . Bern? The staff were friendly and let me leave my bags at reception when I arrived too early to check in. They also had a bookcase in the lobby with a selection of novels you could read to pass the time, and a PC if you needed one. I've stayed in much less pleasant apartments that were more expensive in that town.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Our room was directly opposite Irish bar which was very noisy until early hours of next day.

Reception staff had very good English and were very helpful.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Had to pay for extra things that are usually included such as a safety deposit box and WiFi.

Good location,close to nice restaurants and night life. Five minute walk to the beach.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Impossible to sleep at nights because of the noise from caraoke bar across the street. The later it gets, the lauder, until 3am. All the pools, including kids pools were very cold (January).

Rooms clean and kitchenware acceptable. Beds were ok. Beach was great and close enough.

• Apartment (3 Adults)

We have been allocated room were is very noisy during the night live music and daytime air conditioning generators. We ask to be move have to paid 20 euro!!!

swimming pool. cats walking in the garden palm trees.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Even though we requested a quiet room and also the day before check in we went to the hotel reception and asked for a quiet room and was told they will allocate one. On the day of arrival we were given a room at the front of the hotel. By the evening the noise from bars across the road was really loud and echoed through the apartment. We were directly facing the bars across the road! The music and shouting from the bars carried on til early hours of the night - 3am or so. Reception staff (both males we dealt with) were not helpful at all and rude. Asked for manager but kept being told to come back 1 hr then come back 2 hrs then he said he doesnt know when the manager will be around. We didnt want to pay for our 1 night stay here. But gave up after not being able to see the manager.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Apartment (3 Adults)

Two problems. If you are on the side that faces the street, the music from the bar opposite goes on till about 1:30 or even later. I solved this problem with ear plugs - I strongly recommend you bring some with you. The little yellow foam ones worked fine, and cut out all the noise. The other problem is the perennial one with hotels, namely the wifi. It worked fine if I sat on the balcony, anywhere else it constantly dropped me.

Good value, nice staff, cheap breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults)

All rooms face both internal and external (walkway / street), so can be noiisy i.e. mine faced pubs/entertainment so was noisy a couple of nights. Ask for room away from this or go and join the fun :)

Only place still available when late booking for between Christmas and New Year. Reasonable location and average re facilities etc. Meals average if you go for these. Expensive for what you get, but probably average for the time of year.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Swimming pools water was too cold to swim in it :(

I like. Apartments was clean and there was everything for nice stay. Beds was ok, kitchen full with all you need. Nice terase. Liked swimming pool area and food offers. Lunch for 8,40EUR/ pers. We enjoy it.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Apartment a little dirty in corners and dated needing refresh. Extras all chargeable such as TV and wifi.

Large apartment with ability to prepare some simple meals / snacks in kitchenette. Plenty of restaurants nearby.

• Apartment (3 Adults)

Old slow receptionist. You will pay extra money for INTERNET 7days for 1 phone 30€ 7 days 2 phones 50€ can be used only close to reception. Non air-condition even non fan!!!!! Tv only for extra nearly 50€ Electric room keys doesn't work properly. So you have to go reception and wait 15minutes for fix problem. Every second day. Extremely noise from pubs. Drunk people screaming and runing on corridors Facilities very old Big holes in towels Old Blanket smell like .... Hotel FONTAINE smell disgusting Mattress covered in noise plastic .so every move will wake you up. IF YOU NEED NICE HOLIDAY AVOID THIS PLACE.

Nothing at all

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Wwe arrived at reception to be told credit card machine was out of order. Asked to go n get cash immediately! Would not wait till morning and see if machine would be back in action. Lukily my partner had spare cash in his bank a/c. I have had 3 stays there but found that incident frustrating and embarassing(for me). Not sure what that was all about. My contract with you was to pay by c/card on arrival. You had all my details(c/card)so what was the fuss about.Alexandro was receptionist's name.

The heated pool was heavenly!!

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Very noisy place, cant sleep before 4:00 a.m., never go again. Not safety place, my friends money stolen even locked safetybox!!! Very safety indeed!! Somebody on hotel staff must make it. Terrible place, worst ever, and i travel a lot!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Apartment (3 Adults)

We were facing he Irish centre and it can be very noisy at night, not for the holiday makers who are in bed by midnight, Ask for a room to the back of the hotel if that's the case.

There are 3 large pools to choose from and a kids pool. The location is great with plenty of bars and restaurants near by.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Apartment (3 Adults)

Very noisy Irish bars that were open til 4 every morning across the road so we couldn't sleep and we didn't sleep last night at all. No WiFi and English speaking channel on tv. Basically you need to pay for everything extra even rent microwave. The bathroom was very small and bath had large chunks missing.Everything was very aged cracked loose tiles in apartment needs vast improvement

Good location for beach and nice helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Apartment (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Little bit loud at night, there are music bars infront of the hotel.

Near to the beach to shops and to the city center, there are free parking slots and the common places are useful for even a family with little children

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Apartment (2 Adults + 1 Child)

There was no air-conditioning in the apartment and the bedroom double glazing could do with improvement for the rooms along the front of the hotel.

The hotel was in a good location for a couple of Irish bars and there were a couple of nice restaurants within a few minutes walk. Overall the hotel was value for money as we were only staying for one night. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Apartment (3 Adults)

The toilet seat was peeling (but was changed as soon as I asked) the clothes airer was missing off the wall outside. the light on the wall outside did not work. A separate clothes rack was outside on the porch but 2 sides were missing for drying clothes.

The staff were very nice and friendly. The cleaner was a lovely woman (always smiling). The pool was fab, we were on the ground floor and walked out to the pool in front of us. I loved the singer at the pool deck, the food and drinks bar, the music everyday......Towels and bed linen regularly..........

• Apartment (3 Adults)

Nothing to dislike ...staff very friendly and pleasant to deal with

Good location ....very central

• Superior Apartment (2 Adults)

- 10 euros for TV Remote

- Room was nice - Pool was large

• Apartment (3 Adults)

I stayed there last year and I really enjoyed it this year were the same I loved staying there it’s lovely ppl and great customer service

• Superior Apartment (3 Adults)

The cleaning was below expectations.

The room was refurbished so was really nice. Th

kitchen hob poor...

the guy on reception was excellent.

• Apartment (3 Adults)

We had stuff stolen from outside our room and our friends had an incident of someone trying to get into their room. Security needs to be tighter.

• Superior Apartment (3 Adults)

Everythin

• Apartment (3 Adults)

The staff was absolutly rude

It was ippisite a bsr wirh good brekfast

• Apartment (3 Adults)

Very basic, lots of noise

Clean, car park available

Little musty and dated

Staff at front desk were very friendly. Had a kettle and toaster

Situation

• Apartment (3 Adults)

Have to pay WiFi, too loudly from music and bands, Not enough receptionist, should have been rebuilding

Taxi

The noise from the irish bars over the road was very loud untill 4am

Food was good and facilities were good

• Apartment (2 Adults + 1 Child)

There was no water when I arrived and they did not tell me about it. when they put the water on it was pretty cold for a shower.

• Apartment (3 Adults)

No air conditioning in the rooms

Location was perfect

No air con

Room was big

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Parking difficult at weekends

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults)

excellent hotel stayed there many years ago (2001),glad i came back even better than the first time and will be back again.

• Apartment (3 Adults)

very last minute booking for friends - very busy time - they liked the place

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Free WiFi should be available in all apartments.

Very well run property, great facilities.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Not able to get a sunbed the germans putting towels on them and not using them☹

The overall atmosphere

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults)

a bit noisy from live music bar around

great facilities in the room. Nice garden with swimming pools

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Have to pay for WiFi, TV, some dead cocroches

Free car park, many pools,

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Pillows in bed are very hard

Supremarked Is open til 01 every day

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults)

The room service also took place in the afternoon and we had no door sign which said that one does not want to be disturbed.

Small bedroom , noisy and uncomfortable beds , no fan . Might be hot in summer

the living room with kitchen facilities

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Noise from nearby bar Payment required for poolside sun lounger

Free parking Close to beach

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Apartment (3 Adults)

little color for room doesnt hert

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

cockroaches

the place is full of cockroaches

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Rooms were tired need updating

Location 3 pools good staff

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults)

You got what you pay for, litterally, wifi was extra, towels were extra, breakfast, everything. But location was awesome and the pool nice

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults + 1 Child)

rude stuff, paid wifi, food for dinner, cockroaches in the room, no hairdryer

excellent location, comfortable and spacious room, pools, breakfast

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Staff are always friendly,4th time at this hotel

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Music going until 4:00 am loud and lots of party noise

Room was clean but dated