Reviews of Adrián Hoteles Jardines de Nivaria 5 stars

Paris, s/n, 38660 Adeje, Spain

#6 of 37 hotels in Adeje

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The hotel apart FROM staff on site was great, but the...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I am very dissapoited about the reception staff and the hotel management on site. We have had an issue with them and They wasnt helpful the holiday have costed us in the first 20 minuets £450 more than we booked as they told me you booking guys have made a mistake and I will have to pay as they don’t have room for my self and my family. This was absolutely a joke and was really unprofessional as I have had the room booked but I didn’t had luck and they charged me a lost of extra money. I did show them all my bookings also all the information I have received from you ,they said nothing , after this all they said is they don’t have anything booked in their system so they will have to charge me , after this I have tried to stay calm and try to look forward to my holiday as the whole family was standing next to me and we just get shocked is this really happening to us?! And I am absolutely not happy and I will never recommend this hotel to anyone because this is what you wouldn’t expect from a 5 star hotel for sure not. I even been catched another conversation where they have tried to charged another lady with some extra cost, but I didn’t fully understand the whole story, but she was really upset and she have Left them and she didn’t used the service she was after , so all this little things are making me thinking.....still

The hotel apart FROM staff on site was great, but the customer service is a joke.

Marvellous and Extraordinary Stay!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Nothing! everything was amazing!

The hotel was amazing! breakfast was extraordinary and I was like 7* hotel! amazing staffs and services, best location and lovely environment! I love the antiques items in the resort, it shows the owner has a great choice of antiques! Cheers to the whole management group! highly recommended! Mary & Siraj

This was our third trip and we will definately come again
    • Comfort Double Room Pool or Garden Views

We liked the wet room, but also like a bath as well and this room 006 did not have a bath.

pleasant attractive hotel with good breakfast and helpful staff. Now that we have to park underground it takes a little longer to get our car and be on our way but the staff were always willing to help.

Lovely relaxing in beautiful setting it's our second stay and we'll definitely go back.
    • Comfort Double Room Pool or Garden Views

The buffet in the evening was a little samey if I went again I'd book breakfast only. The food was nice just need greater variety.

The staff were excellent I like everything about this hotel

1920s style hotel with a 21st century expectation fully filled
    • Superior Suite with Sea View

We have nothing but praise as our stay was perfect. The only feedback i would give ( my wife is going to murder me for saying this) The Loo paper was very thin and felt very cheap. Twice as much had to be used to be functional. This may be to because of the sewage system?

Staff very friendly and helpful nothing too much trouble. The hotel , swimming pool and grounds spotless. We have high standards and these were met and exceeded for our stay. everything to a high standard. The location was ideal as many alternative places to eat and drink are but a short walk away.

A well run, friendly hotel in a great location, which will particularly appeal to the older travelle
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Garden

The evening buffet was not great and out of line with the rest of the hotel - more a case of load up the plate than quality. Also very expensive for what it was - went once and then not again. Two pools - salt water one which was too warm and too salty and a freshwater one which was a tad too cold. In general, this is a hotel which is particularly attractive to older people (80 years plus) and so can be relatively formal, eg; pianist in the bar area etc., very expensive bar drinks (compared to other hotels), gents in formal jackets and ladies in formal evening wear. Not a problem for us but something for others to bear in mind.

Friendly staff, beautiful pool area, cracking breakfast buffet and good, quiet location. One of the best equipped gyms I have ever come across in a hotel.

Had a great stay and would certainly revisit hotel again.

Service at the pool was excellent. First time I’ve been to a hotel and you press a button when sunbathing and your order is taken. Staff were very professional and friendly.

It is a beautiful hotel and we had lovely weather. What’s not to like?
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Garden

We were disturbed by noises of fuurniture being dragged about in room above us late at night and early morning. Despite several approaches to do something about it and despite protestations from Cust relations, we noticed no difference. No apology or even acknowledgement of complaint from on high. Main restaurant is buffet dinner. No waiter service.

Stylish hotel. Apart from situation described below it was a lovely hotel. Marred only by Management attitude.

Very accomodating staff.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Garden

Very accomodating staff. Thank you! Excellent breakfast. All restaurants within the hotel held very high standards. Location very good in a very nice area in Adeje. All in all all a very pleasant stay that I gladly recommend to everyone!

Beautiful hotel with excellent facilities in a great location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The dinner options in the hotel restaurants need a wider variety of vegetarian options to choose from.

On arrival they upgraded our standard comfort room to a junior suite. The breakfast was really good and had a wide variety to choose from.

Enjoyable
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Building work outside our room asked to be moved receptionist not very helpful. Bed was like a board as were the pillows.

location, cleanliness of hotel. pool & restaurants.

We had a fantastic time at this property
    • Superior Suite with Sea View

Location of our 2 suites would have expected a better location Cooking smell coming from restaurants outside the property

Staff were excellent pool area was reall nice

Nice hotel, happy to recommend.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Poolside bar service is poor. The staff come around infrequently and do not respond to the buzzers located on the sun umbrellas. They seem focussed on the pool side restaurant only. I would suggest it would be better to scrap the poolside bar service altogether and direct guests to the outside bar (which is not at all easy to find).

Very clean, quiet and staff very pleasant. Good gym on site.

A wonderful October destination
    • Superior Suite with Sea View

All the staff were very friendly and very helpful. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and well looked after. Great ambience, architecture and style. Great location. The reservation staff were very helpful when we had to slide our whole holiday a day because of Monarch Airways going bust. They accommodated the change Our return departure was an evening flight and the hotel gave us a courtesy room to shower and change in (a really good service)

Totally luxurious holiday with fabulous weather.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Garden

Cannot think of a thing which would improve this excellent hotel

Excellent room - we were 'upgraded' as we had stayed there previously- although many years ago! Fabulous facilities, excellent breakfasts, friendly and helpful staff, superb location, will return without a doubt.

A true 5 Star Hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Garden

I can honestly say this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The service and staff were excellent and the location was first class. The breakfast was fit for a king with everything to choose from. The Omelette made to order was delightful. The pool area and gardens are amazing the best I have seen in any hotel and the staff taking your order directly from your sun lounger to ensure complete relaxation.. If you are looking for a great hotel with good food, excellent service and beautiful presented look no further then Jardines de Nivaria

Great stay at Adrian Hotel Jardines de Nivaria
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 Years Old)

Beautiful hotel! The room was spacious (we had a Jr. Suite), clean and very modern. The breakfast was outstanding. The heated pool with salted water was great! The area around the pool was not crowded. There were plenty of sun loungers. There is a separate small pool for small children. The beach is a 5 min walk from the hotel. The beach is quite nice, but the water was cold. There is also a boardwalk along the beach with a bunch of nice restaurants, cafes, and bars. Overall, a great place to stay, although a little pricey.

Another lovely stay in Jardines de Nivaria
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Garden

Regime of getting towels for the sunbeams seemed a bit OTT

Superior suite with interconnecting double perfect for a family. Likewise the buffet. Beach a bit trashy - but hey its Tenerife! Drinks and food well priced

Perfect place to stay in every way
    • Superior Suite with Sea View

The number of visits (4) to the room by service staff seemed a little intrusive at times, ie Daily cleaner Someone to check & restock the mini bar. Someone to refill the coffee machine Turn down service

The staff were extremely friendly and very professional. The quality of the accommodation, food, drinks and everything else provided was exceptional.

An oasis of comfort
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Garden

I did not like having to ask for our room to be made up at 1:30 p.m., especially as the maid saw us leave our room at 11:00 a.m.

The extreme attentiveness and friendliness of the staff, who went out of their way to make my wife feel special on her birthday. Excellent restaurant service in an elegant setting.

Surprise present for my birthday.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

One stuff in the restaurant was unfriendly. Apart from that, everything was perfect!

Surprise present for my birthday. Good location. Beautiful pool. Everywhere is very clean and neat.

Fantastic and would consider going back again if only there weren't many other places I'd like to se
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Garden

Would have been good to have tea and coffee in the room.

Excellent breakfast selection, friendly staff who were eager to please, could always get a subbed with staff on hand to bring drinks. Very close to good restaurants and Spar for all those little things which were reasonably priced.

Great hotel perfect to just kick back and relax.

It would have been better if there had been tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Irritating to be asked to pay for these and niggles every time you fancy a hot drink. Pillows were ok would have been nice to have something comfier.

Super king size bed was great, as was the large and very private balcony. Hotel had a lovely ambience but never felt overcrowded. Breakfast was great and we had a lovely walk every day to choose somewhere different to eat every night and everywhere we went was very good. Would return to have a stunning cocktail at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Relaxing and luxurious stay
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

A minor quibble, the pool service was incredibly slow. There's a buzzer on the umbrellas, but I don't think they actually work so we waited about an hour. We could've walked to the bar and got our own drinks though. Spa was cold.

The staff were incredibly friendly. We arrived 2 hours early and were treated to a FREE lunch, because our room wasn't ready. It was our fault for being early! Could not have asked for a more friendly welcome. Amazing outdoor heated salt water pool, and natural fresh water pool. Lots of sun lounges.

A beautiful place for a carefree sun holiday
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Garden

Coming out of the hotel & walking towards Los Americanos on the boulevard, there is a lot of cheap and cheerful bars and shops there, not very 5 star at all! The beach in front of the hotel is not attractive, stones in the water, loud people on the beach. The smells, we smelled sewage on the sun deck, or food coming from the restaurant Tony Romas which is located under the sundeck.

Breakfast, lot's of choice, the ambience, the bars, lunch - we were on B&B but bought lunch in the hotel pool restaurant nearly every day ..., the gym, which was very well equipped, walking towards La Caleta from the hotel takes you into a very nice shopping, bar and beach area.

Good quaint looking hotel in excellent location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Garden

Large resort with fairly long walks to the room, including outdoors. Internal restaurant (not the Cupula one) is not very good. Too bland for a 5-star hotel - e.g. poorly prepared salmon (bones + bland saffron risotto below), microwaved pasta offering, etc. Very limited parking available in front. Underground parking is available but not clearly marked and requires manually ringing the reception for in/out. Staff offered poor directions the first time I tried to use it and was fairly rude / disengaged, without showing the available map to find it. 'Bar calling button' at the pool doesn't work or if it does it's very slow.

Good location, very good facilities (table tennis, putting range/golf, large swimming pool with jacuzzi, and lounge / sunbeds area). Good evening shows (flamenco, soprano, etc.). Very good breakfast (freshly made omelettes, pancakes, crepes, etc.). Good room, but could be larger given the price range. Good pool snacks and juices (e.g. watermelon). Good welcome snacks / lunch + drinks as we waited for the room to be available upon early arrival.

Luxurious friendly staff .... very relaxing

A telephone point both sides of bed. Re arrange breakfast are everyone seems to be cramped and bumping into one another. Vary food options every couple of days. Provide hair conditioner .

Excellent staff and hotel decor. Excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

We have tried this hotel many times. Disappointed every time!
    • Superior Suite with Sea View

1: Hotel-management seems weak. 2: The food 3: The room and the noice from the renovation. 4: The Entertainment is low-class 5: The entire staff seems poorly educated. (ex: English- or German vocabulary is v e r y weak. Communications therefore difficult! 7:Cost/Benefit-ratio is poor. 8: In spite of earlier critique few problems seems to get corrected. If it wasn't for the climate on Tenerife, I don't think this hotel would survive.

The terrasse and the pool-area Most of the "floor-staff" is friendly.

A great place to relax in the sun
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Garden

Entertainment generally v good - maybe some exercise sessions could help + warmer water in the fresh water pool. Pool side service could be sharper

Very comfortable hotel with excellent facilities

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Peaceful calm relaxing and the weather was glorious.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

We had nothing to dislike about the hotel ,it's facilities, or staff. It is a really good 5star property without any of the snobbishness that can occasionally be experienced at some other 5star institutions.ppeaceful,calm,relaxing

All staff at whatever sector or level were exceptionally friendly,competent,and all were superbly trained and carried out their duties without any obvious managerial input being necessary

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Great if you're in the over 60's category!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Just one thing, but an important thing- the vibe / ambience. It was really overwhelmingly popular with mature (over 60) clients. We are mid 40's and felt quite out of place. There were very few families and younger people there and that I'm afraid lent it the air of a very high end retirement home!

Rooms, balcony, bathroom, pool area, loungers, gardens, breakfast buffet, welcome drinks

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

absolutely fabulous

The buffet restaurant was a little expensive in our opinion that's all.

The comfort the staff the location everything was fabulous a great place if you have as me reduced mobility.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Very enjoyable weeks rest !
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Garden

Fresh Toberlone not a melted one I might suggest chocolate be kept in the refridgerator !

Everything was close to hand ! The staff were extremely courteous and helpful and showed an extreme friendly Manner !

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Great Hotel in a good location
    • Double Room with Garden View

Evening entertainment in the hotel was a bit amateurish, although we found it quite amusing trying to work out which songs they were singing. It gave a whole new meaning to "Name that tune" He He 😂

Rooms were well appointed. Big breakfast choice. Lots of good nearby restaurants for dining out lunchtime and evenings. Excellent pools.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Fantastic location, accommodation and staff
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Gym could use air conditioning as too hot to stay in there longer than half hour.

Bed very comfy although a double/king bed would've been perfect! Loved our terrace balcony and stunning view! Breakfast was a real treat too.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Breakfast was extremely good & staff very friendly
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Our room although very comfortable the view was marred by two enormous palm trees in front of our balcony. They were unable to move us as the hotel was very full. I agree about the towels being put on sun loungers very early in the morning

Breakfast was extremely good & staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Pool, location, grounds fantastic...service, rooms, beds not 5-star quality
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 Years Old)

The service was extremely mediocre. For a 5-star hotel they have a lot more to learn about 5-star service. Poolside service is almost non-existent (I actually always had to chase down a server), I was shown 3 rooms before I found one I wanted to stay in for our 9-day stay; after asking repeatedly several months prior for a good room that would accommodate 3 people. The beds are definitely not what I would expect at a 5-star hotel and a lot of details like free daily newspapers are missing. When I voiced my concerns, I was asked when I wanted to see the manager; instead of the manager being eager to speak with me. We are torn, as we loved the pool and location very much but for as costly as it is, there are a couple of other 5-star hotels nearby I may consider exploring.

The pool, landscaping, lobby and location are fantastic. I would also recommend at least 1/2 board as the breakfast is wonderful. I would recommend this location of Tenerife rather that closer to Avenue Americas as it is much quieter and refined. Just be aware, however, if you are a family, it's quite a mature crowd so playing and making noise in the pool is definitely not acceptable; children (and I mean even my 11 year old son) are not allowed in the hot tub even with parents and there isn't any music or fun type atmosphere at the pool.

Relaxing and quiet hotel in a busy part of Adeje coast

Gym - Air Con not working meant having to work out in 30 degrees heat Some gym equipment was not working - spinning bikes lacked batteries and the gym balls were underinflated Sea-view balcony was small and overlooked a building site with flapping tarpaulins next door Despite signs saying that reserving sunbeds is prohibited a lot of the loungers are reserved and blocked all day from the crack of dawn

Super Breakfast buffet Pool area is very nicely laid out and quiet overall ambience is quiet and relaxing staff are very efficient and friendly

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

May be five star in Spain but not at this level by Northern European standards.
    • Double Room with Garden View

many staff have poor English and overall service lacks finesse. Certainly not five star standard, especially in restaurants and around pool. Very busy.

Great rooms and gardens. Super pool

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Fantastic surrounds.

Don't know

Fantastic surrounds. No music blaring out very pleasant

Beautiful place. Perfect for a relaxed vacation.

The pools, the view

All of it.

All of it.

A very enjoyable stay despite less than perfect weather
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

A very friendly hotel in a good position. V good breakfasts and comfortable room - unfortunately no view but otherwise good.

Cost

Cost

Nice hotel very clean reception staff snooty and bouncer ruins the front entrance
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The bouncer on the entrance nice

Pool very nice

It was our first time staying here and it was such a relaxed and enjoyable experience
    • Superior Suite with Sea View

Staff were so accommodating and friendly such a difference to have staff that genuinely care about the overall stay of their guests

swimming pool
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

a lot of noise (music/performances) through the evening and into the night

swimming pool

One of the best hotels, if not the best, I've stayed in. Delivers quality without being stuffy.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Fantastic ambiance in the hotel. Very helpful friendly staff.

We will definitely return
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Sun bed reserving by guests better policing needs to be enforced by pool attendants

Just about every thing

Comfortable safe all facilities that one needs were on hand & location perfect 😄

Evertyhing 😄

Everything location staff facilities & cleanliness😄🙏

The choice of pillows.
    • Superior Suite with Sea View

An Irish newspaper would have been nice, instead of British ones.

The choice of pillows.

Very relaxing vibe. Nothing too much trouble.
    • Superior Suite with Sea View

Evening entertainment was a bit cheesy

Cuisine and staff both excellent

Breakfast was rich and good.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Garden

Gym needs some improvements.

Breakfast was rich and good.

Lovely hotel. Great staff. Not for small kids
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It wasn't particularly set up for families. No inflatables allowed in the main pool. No kids entertainment or kids club

The staff were amazing

Entertainment could be better

Entertainment could be better

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

No kettle in room

No kettle in room

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Pleasant hotel in Costa Adeje with a good sized pool

The beach bar right outside the hotel was pretty cool. Pool is nice and warm. Breakfast had a good variety on offer. Overall enjoyable stay

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Its a bit out of the way and not very easy to find

Its a bit out of the way and not very easy to find

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Very nice but missing the last touch.
    • Superior Suite with Sea View

The bed could be more comfy.

The breafast was excelent, but to long walk and to long waite to get your eegs.

Exceptional
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Garden

There are no comments available for this review

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

wonderful Hotel for relaxing stay

Lighting in Cupula Restaurant was too bright

warm pool was brilliant

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Amazing Hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Complimentary tea and coffee facilities would have been appreciated..

Breakfast was amazing

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Lovely luxury hotel

We thought it was overpriced

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Great friendly staff, nothing was a bother to them.

Great friendly staff, nothing was a bother to them. Good New Year celebrations

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Great stay at Jardine di Nivaria
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 Years Old)

Really good refurbished rooms. Great buffet and entertainment. Pool lovely and warm in December

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Enjoyable

Pool service took too long.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Magnificent service, people are really devoted to make you...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Garden

SPA ... but it is currently being built !

Magnificent service, people are really devoted to make you very confortable.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

The location is perfect for the beach if you wish.

The location is perfect for the beach if you wish. You can be around other people or on your own in some lovely quiet spots. The pool is just lovely both for swimming or just to admire it, and the breakfasts have lots of delights to try daily!

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

Breakfast selection

Hotel manager could have bothered to contact us regarding a persistent problem Hotel must police better the crack of dawn sun bed reservations and dragging of pool furniture by guests across the roof terrace above the suites Reception staff need personality transplants.....so not 5* service from them at all Provide an offering of snacks by the pool not just nuts or full on lunch Guests mostly elderly and unfriendly - we are a friendly young family with a polite toddler who says hello and plays nicely. Most guests did not have the time of day for us and made us feel most unwelcome in their wantobe saga retreat. Hotel has a very mixed marketing strategy and should focus on one demographic sadly because older guests rule the roost here. Those few who were friendly were indeed lovely. It's simple manners

Breakfast selection Refurbished suite was very lovely PR manager Sonia Bar staff and restaurant staff lovely

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

Nice atmosphere, plenty of beds around pools.

Having pre booked and paid for a sea view found on arrival that I'd been allocated standard room. Queried this with reception and was told they would try to find me one the following day. Went back the following day and the room offered had side sea view and a smaller balcony. I rejected this and was told they would try to find me another one the following day, which they did. I'm a little bit annoyed that having confirmation in writing I was not given what I'd paid for on arrival.

Nice atmosphere, plenty of beds around pools.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

The room was very comfortable.

This should be an adults only hotel I would even go as far to say a Saga holiday! Not kid friendly at all!! Very disappointing.

The room was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

Location, service, cleanliness top notch.

Hand soap tubes in the bathroom could be updated to soap bars. :)

Location, service, cleanliness top notch. I don't usually write reviews but felt this hotel really deserved one. We were surprised by a welcome drink at the lobby & fresh fruit basket in the room upon arrival and completely surprised by the bottle of Champagne with a fresh red rose on my husband's birthday (which we did not even mention in the reservation). The chocolates on the bed every night was always a delight. And never ran out of fresh towels or toiletries, nor had issues with the pillows or sheets, and never had to request Housekeeping services. That is superb service! We had the half-board option and the entire restaurant experience was a 5 star throughout our stay, both at breakfast and at dinner. At check-out, we noticed an error with the restaurant charge but the issue was cleared immediately without any hassle. All their staff were warm and friendly and welcoming, and every single one greeted us as soon as they saw us. Impeccable service through and through. We would come back and stay here again and definitely recommend this hotel to all of our friends!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

Location, breakfast, suites

Booking.com!!!!!! Not good at sorting issues Don't like how hotel takes full amount at booking Booking.com advertise a suite as a family room with 2 adults and one 12 year old but then in very small text is ''this is for 2 adults' you are then charged extra at check in for the child!!!!!

Location, breakfast, suites

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

Wonderful location, especially the rooms overlooking the...

Wonderful location, especially the rooms overlooking the ocean! Sea water warmed pool is an asset + jacuzzi! Beautiful gardens around the pool. Great walks along the beach and on the promenade! Good food at the hotel; many resaturants around. Many options for water sport activities. Beautiful attractions near hotel: Jungle park, Teide volcano, whale and dolphin watching, horse riding .... We loved it all!

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

Very spacious bedrooms.

The gastronomic offer is rather mediocre and far from what's expected from a 5 star hotel such as this. The tapas in the pool restaurant were neither original nor house made, and heavily overpriced. The breakfast buffet was of low quality, including industrial charcutery, old bread, and packaged jams and buns.

Very spacious bedrooms. Warm water pool! The free garage is very useful.

There are also 35 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.