Reviews of Kaktus Albir 4 stars

4.5

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Relaxing two days break.
    • Budget Double Room

The food was only average considering the star rating. Room patio sliding door lock broken and although reported to reception it was still broken when we checked out. Had we not had a room safe we would have asked to change rooms!

Location was excellent. Bar prices very good.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Not a 4-star hotel
    • Budget Double Room

Using the safe has an extra cost, wifi internet in the room has an extra cost, using the minibar has a minimum cost of 10 euros (not sure if per night or per stay, but it includes some drinks), there is an electric kettle and cups but no coffee or tea, no iron/ironing board in the room (and they are not even available on request, you have to use the hotel's laundry service for a high price), no bathrobes or slippers available, very basic amenities in the bathroom (hair&body gel in dispensers, no soap, no conditioner, only toothbrush, shower cap and shoe polisher). The room and bathroom feel more like a 2 star hotel than a 4 star one (as the Kaktus incredibly is supposed to be). Also, it seemed to me that the large majority of the clients (well over 90%) are retired people, so it gives you the feeling of being in a retirement home (minus the nurses).

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

still a nice hotel to stay in a great location

rooms in need of refurbishment very poor entertainment would confirm as being terrible for a four star hotel reception staff can be a little be a little lacking in charm towards residents

excelent food and restuarant area great bar and dance floor Friendly staff superb location

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

The hotel Kaktus is ideally situated and compliments the promenade and Albir
    • Budget Double Room

The restaurant produced excellent choices but very busy at times.

Excellent reception, bed room and bathroom spacious. and well equipped. Room overlooked a pool, however not the hotel pool, but outlook good with mountain views and very quiet!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Proximity being opposite the beach and close to bus stops...
    • Budget Double Room

The room overlooking the dance floor and other rooms so close no privacy very noisy at night no shade from the sun to sit outside.

Proximity being opposite the beach and close to bus stops,lots of places to eat.

Awful hard beds! Very dated & worn decor! Certainly NOT a 4*!!!
    • Budget Double Room

Definitely NOT a 4* !!(More like a 2*) Apart from the fact it was VERY dated, they had lovely comfortable beds (if you like sleeping on concrete!!!) my wife suffers from a bad back so there was no way she could sleep on that bed! when we complained they got housekeeping to put on a topper but it hardly made a difference so we complained again! They claimed the hotel was full so they couldn’t move us to another room and once we stated that we couldn’t sleep in that bed and requested a refund they refused us! We checked in at 3pm and checked back out at 4-15pm! So we paid just short of €160 for a night in a hotel that we couldn't stay in!!! For anyone else thinking of staying here then don’t pay when you check in like we did!! Would not recommend!!! The only thing going for it is the fantastic location just across the beach in beautiful Albir. This hotel should take a leaf out of The Sun Palace Hotel in Albir, and the Cookbook Gastro Boutique hotel in Calpe - both of which ARE 4* hotels!! and where customer satisfaction was their top priority!

The pool area lacked atmosphere.
    • Budget Double Room

The pool area lacked atmosphere. There were no sunshades or bar neither at roof pool or on ground floor pool area. There were no sun umbrellas and no protection from the blazing sun! This in a four star hotel is incredible. Access to top floor pool and tiny gym not possible before 10 am so if you want to start your day with early walk/run , gym and swim before breakfast impossible!!!There was no light on balcony so if you wanted to sit outside at night you could but in the dark!!!! I asked at reception about this strange situation only to be told that no room had balcony lighting!!!!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

You win the award of my most horrifying stay of the year.

I needed just a one night stay; thank God. The bed sheets were used and as if made by someone else forgetting to add the bed cover; the bathroom seat was dirty and the air conditioner was not working. I died of heat and the guy kept telling me it’s going to get better. I was disgusted to walk barefoot or sit on the chair. I asked the staff to check the AC, and went out for dinner. When I came back, they told me the AC was working fine. I went up and still no cooling air. They agreed to change the room cuz I was ready to leave. The second shift changed my room and I left the next morning. UNACCEPTABLE!

Room is big. Kind staff. Parking.

Does not meet the requirements of a 4 stars hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

aircondition and fridge (supplement paid!) did not cool/function - after several requests to fix it : no change ! The bed was hard and not comfy at all. Food in general was ok but lobsters (overcooked) and crab legs (well cooked!) were not cut, so impossible to eat with only fork and knife... Restaurant manager (dark hair) was unfriendly - when we complained about food quality (chicken in the paella smelled rotten!) he did not remove the plate from the buffet and did not warn the kitchen... the picnic bag replacing a (paid) lunch was poor (2 small slices of bread with ham/cheese, 3 x fruit, a pudding and 1 small water) Daily animation was only for good style dancers (every evening) - no animation for not dancers No supervision at the swimming pool downstairs - the few beds were always reserved by people who did not appear - kids were diving and making lots of noise - woman wearing clothing in the pool - black mould on the side of the pool (see picture)- The room was old fashioned and needs a face lift in order to meet the 4 star status - not enough space (shelves!) in the wardrobe for 2 persons. No airconditioning (or not working?) in the hall ways (rooms) or in the elevators In general there was no friendly atmosphere, and no music in the restaurant, at the bar's terrace or at the pool. We won't go back...

Ideal location at the beach - Enough variety at the restaurant's buffet morning, noon and evening -

terrible
    • Budget Double Room

We paid to have breakfast and evening meal. food was so bad that by the second night we couldnt eat dinner. No english explanations as to what particular dishes were, a mish mash of chichen and vedge most nights. i. gave prior notifiction of my daughters nut allergy but when i asked the restaurant staff the ingredients in the food they didnt speak any english. Food was the worst we have ever eaten. i asked for a refund of the costs of our evening meals as we couldnt eat there and was told as i had paid p front to booking dot com that the hotel would not refund anything.

The staff on reception joseph in particular were very helpfull. the room was very clen and it was cleaned daily. Location on beach front perfect

Nice place, view from the hotel to the sea
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

They wanted to charge extra for everything. Wifi, safe, fridge, parking - could be available, but for extra payment. We have paid quite a lot (190 Euro/night) and did not understand how could be there cca 60 children -a sport team. I did not know before the bank of the sea is covered by small stones. It is a not a sandy beach. It is a really nice one, but could be a bit unconvinient, even at high waves. It was a bit strange for me why the pool area opened at 10am, not earlier.

It is a nice hotel, most of the rooms are facing to the sea. Rooms are nice with balkony. There is a wide sort of food for dinner. Albir looks like an elite small town, mostly foreigners are there.

comfortable stay but the food was dissapointing
    • Double or Twin Room

I have been to this hotel before for the buffet meal as a non resident and it was very good. On this occassion I stayed the night and was dissapointed with the food and enterainment

The room was large and very clean, the Lounge area was nice with air con and very clean.

The hotel with it's excellent location can be recommended.

A little upgrade of the hotel would have been nice. It has become a little worn. Rooms not very sound proof. Luckily Albir is a quiet town.

Everything was to my expectation when I arrived. I had an early arrival at 11am. They did everything to make my room available early. They also gave me a room with a very nice view of the beach (see pictures). I also got a very nice and unexpected free internet since I waited for the room to be ready. They also had to fix some pipes in the room before I got it. Breakfast as always good in specious location. Excellent location by the beach. The bus number 10 to Altea and Benidorm passing only meters from the hotel.

Wonderful relaxing comfortable stress free stay.
    • Budget Double Room

Swimming pool could be bigger.

Large choice of different foods from around the world. Food theme nights featuring different countries. Staff friendly and helpful, clean comfortable hotel.

Very large rooms.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms and corridors were very outdated but clean. You had to pay for parking to open the fridge was 10 e and safe rental. Also a charge for wifi

Very large rooms. Entertainment at night. Mostly an older clientele.

Very disappointing honeymoon
    • Double or Twin Room

ok......the bed was extremely hard. It was brilliant having a double bed instead of 2 singles pushed together but was so uncomfortable. It didn't help that the fan in the room (not aircon) blew in the wrong direction so we couldn't feel it when lying in/on the bed. You have to pay for the fridge in the room which goes off when you go out as does all electric - controlled by key card. There is a kettle and 2 cups for drinks but no spoon. This was our honeymoon and we felt very optimistic on arrival when we were told we have a lovely room and a complimentary bottle of Cava - We never received it. We asked a couple of times for it but were fobbed off with "my manager will have to deal with it - he's here tomorrow". The entertainment in the evening is ok if you like ballroom - many locals come in to dance. If you can't dance like a professional don't get up and dance - they don't like it!! It is definitely not a hotel for families with young children! We are 43 and 50 and we felt young! We travel to Albir at least once a year and decided as it was our honeymoon we would stay in the Kaktus to enjoy a bit of luxury - we now regret this and wish we had just rented an apartment like we always do.

The Location is perfect - we love walking in Albir and Altea so was ideal for us. The roof terrace was a bonus with ample loungers and a cold drinks machine. The waiter service in the bar in the evening was excellent. Our terrace was not a glass one!

Sad it wasn’t what I expected.

Food ,Entertainment.

Loacation and staff amazing. The problem is the hotel is only catering for Saga customers. Food needs to Improve and Entertainment was rubbish,I could not recommend for those reasons.

Easter break

We would have liked to see the option for snacks available in the evenings ,apart from crisps etc.

Excellent location on sea front.spotlessly clean everywhere friendly staff.good breakfast.

Marvellous, would stay again, felt safe on my own.

Swimming pool on roof too hot to swim in, felt like swimming in soup.

Superb comfy bed, very big room and bathroom, lovely balcony and roof terrace. Superb choice of food at breakfast. All staff that I came into contact were friendly and helpful. Overall superb.

It has been my dream to stay here - fab location but could have done without the 'dancers' though

The bathroom was very staid and could do with a makeover. Also the rooftop bit was disappointing. I was expecting a bigger gym.

The breakfast selection was very good. And they kept the plates topped up with fresh produce. I was just sad that I was not able to join the Fish Friday experience. It would have been nice to have been told about it when checking in or leaflets put in the room for the various evening entertainment etc.

6.0
    Location of hotel great, Albir very nice with a good range of restaurants.
    • Double or Twin Room

It would have been nice if a bottle of water was in room and coffee & tea, there was a kettle and cups and saucers but if I had wanted a coffee it meant a trip to a restaurant as what was served from machine at breakfast was undrinkable.

Nice big room lovely sea view. Renovations taking place on higher floor that was causing a bit of rubble and dust to fall.

A good choice for a birthday treat for my wife ( and I).
    • Budget Double Room

There were no tea bags or coffee provided in the room. The food was very good, but warm rather than hot.

Bed very comfy, room very spacious and clean. Large and comfortable setee, big wardrobes and plenty of cupboard space. Restaurant for buffet breakfast and dinner- above average buffet:- big selections. Bathroom was massive, and very clean.

Location was perfect for our stay

Food limited Rooms wernt cleaned well Entertainment limited

First impressions nice reception and check in Bar and bar staff Room sizes and view location

A month in the January Sun away from the Scottish weather.

The room television was poor and needs upgrading and with programmes which do not cut off continually. I also noted the lack of interest in the Kaktus bar television which suggests that the programme choice is not popular.

Food and the themed buffets. Very helpful reception staf

• Double or Twin Room

The whole hotel looks very tired, really needs some TLC. Breakfast was good, however there was very little choice for the evening meal

Great location, we had a room over looking the beach

What a disappointment.
    • Double or Twin Room

Needs a makeover, fittings and furniture have seen better days. Work being carried out on hotel gardens, quite noisy at times. Chose this hotel for the position and also heated and covered pool, however not able to use pool as work being done on that top floor of hotel. We should have been made aware of this at the time of booking and we would have chosen a different hotel. Hotel not of 4* standard in my opinion.

Lovely position on promenade. Nice walk into Althea.

A very enjoyable stay we would definitely stay there again
    • Double or Twin Room

"The weather" but that was obviously no fault of the hotel. The evening entertainment could be improved upon but there was live music most nights.

Very comfortable room with excellent views of sea and land. The food was delicious and very varied,the hotels location was very good and the local bus service with stops very close were also excellant

I felt the stay was very poor value for money

I wanted to book 8 single rooms but only 5 were available. I had to book 3 doubles at a much higher rate however all guests in the party were put in identical rooms. The breakfast was extremely poor. There were no cereals, the cooked food was poor quality and the hot drinks machine dispensed indescribable beverages which tasted nothing like the label said.

Good room size and location

Nice hotel with good staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Although we were told this on the website, do not think we should have to pay for wi-fi or safety deposit box. We stayed at the hotel because we were attending a function there but if we were to stay in the area again would check if other hotels provided these free.

Excellent, friendly staff.

Would not recommend to fellow travellers.
    • Double or Twin Room

Food and service poor.Was not informed at check in that if we needed to use the mini bar we had to pay a deposit to get it opened.When we read the instructions on our arrival in the room we were informed we had to return to the reception to pay our 10 euros.We then had to wait for nearly an hour to get the mini bar opened just in order to have some water. Also,no tea or coffee making facilities available-we were not informed on check in how to access these facilities. Food at the ball was poor quality and cold.

Not a lot,although rooms ok but terrible view.Did not eat in the restaurant,visited for a Christmas Ball.

enjoyed the room and the service
    • Double or Twin Room

we didnt like our food at the Gala Ball it was cold. SORRY would have like tea or coffee sachet in our room along side the kettle

your staff also so polite and friendly. breakfast was good . loved the size of our room with the sofa in. bathroom brilliant . so much space to put your toiletries out ,

Location, right on the seafront, and very quiet
    • Budget Double Room

Surprised to see we had a kettle and cups in the room, but no tea, coffee or milk. When I asked at reception I was told the tea, coffee and milk was not supplied by the hotel, 'you have to bring it yourself'!

Location, right on the seafront, and very quiet

Overpriced in good location
    • Double or Twin Room

Very noisy; no air conditioning and the first room we stayed in was very hot; decor is tired; towels thin, small and not soft. For the facilities offered, it is expensive, and you have to pay extra for breakfast, WiFi, and for use of fridge, safe and garage.

Good location for beach, restaurants public transport
    • Budget Double Room

Live band was a little noisy had to go outside to talk. Also deliveries and rubbish collection took place past midnight to early morning

Size of lounge and restaurant

Comfortable clean and relaxing!

Nothing I can think of!

We always stay at the hotel Kaktus when we visit Albir. Very comfortable clean and well managed hotel. The breakfasts are good even the breakfast coffee is half decent even though it comes out of a machine! Nice big rooms with balconies and lovely clean bathrooms.

I will stay again, ideal situation for the beach and busses.
    • Double or Twin Room

Not an inward looking room overlooking the dance floor, which was very noisy, and overlooked, next time I would insist on an outer room either side of the hotel and higher up.

Breakfast was superb, a wide range of food.The room was lovely and large.

Reception staff very helpful and efficient.
    • Budget Double Room

Reception staff very helpful and efficient. Room good, bed very comfy, kettle and cups provided plus English tv. Looking forward to spending Christmas there.

A very pleasant week in the sun.
    • Double or Twin Room

Beds were a bit hard and should have asked for another pillow.

Breakfast was fine. There was a good selection of foods. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious with wonderful views.

Beautiful Hotel on beachfront.
    • Budget Double Room

On the website it gave a choice of either double bed or twin beds,I requested a double bed.That request was not granted,I was disappointed regarding this but didn't make an issue.

Beautiful hotel on the beach front.Hotel Staff lovely and courteous.Rooms were cleaned every day and Towels changed.Food was excellent with great choices.Overall I would definitely return for another Holiday to Albir and The Hotel Kactus.😀😀

Enjoyable, but the room quite frankly was disgusting.
    • Budget Double Room

THE ROOM, I knew when I booked it was a basic room, but the sheets on the bed were dreadful, they obviously had been in use for many years, the floor in the bathroom was filthy, certainly not worth €140 per night.

The staff at reception and in the bars were very helpful and attentive

Fabulous return stay. And we;re coming again. And again!
    • Double or Twin Room

Jose Garcia at Reception was magnificent! He hailed us on arrival, saw to it , without prompting, that our requests and needs were fully met. -- A delightful young man. - Thanks, Jose!

Super choice and quality of food at breakfast and dinner,...

Could have more comfortable beds and a higher standard of cleaning throughout, staff not over-friendly but adequate

Super choice and quality of food at breakfast and dinner, excellent service form staff

I i booked the holiday for our family from England (2 adults...
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

I i booked the holiday for our family from England (2 adults and a 2 year old child), in the room your had to pay extra for Wifi 10 euros kettle 10 euros(no tea bags or coffee), safe deposit box 10 euros and 10 euros to have the fridge on, this was after paying 1500 euros for a 6 night stay full board The beds were hard and the bedding was not changed once during the 6 night stay which is not good so the overall room was disappointing. They were on full board and even had to pay for water at meal times They will not be staying here again

Would recommend this hotel, but would make sure room faced the ocean.
    • Budget Double Room

Our room was a good size with a balcony. The only problem was our room faced the afternoon sun so we were unable to use the balcony area due to the sun and the air-conditioner struggled.

Fantastic!
    • Double or Twin Room

Having to carry hot tea in cups from machine to table with lots of people around- and children...

Fantastic breakfast! Rooftop pool area a bonus... Staff on reception and bar area were extremely helpful..

Lovely hotel, lovely resort with great places nearby to visit.

I had been looking forward to swimming a lot. The pool at the front of the property is very small, more like an ornamental paddling pool, you couldn't really swim in it. There was a pool on the roof but it was very small and often crowded, so again, you couldn't really swim. But if you just want to sunbathe and then cool down it was fine.

The accommodation is in an excellent location, directly opposite the beach with the bus stop to Benidorm or Altea outside the hotel. The room was lovely and the hotel itself is excellent. I struggled with the buffet food because I am vegan, but there were a few vegetarian options. But for meat eaters and particularly seafood lovers the selection was amazing, and the quality was good and amounts were plentiful.

Kaktus the perfect retreat!

The Shuttle bus getting there.

The bed was so comfortable. The view was the best I've ever had. The pools are fantastic. The staff are lovely and I had the best time.

Brilliant.

Nothing comes to mind. All first class.

Excellent location. Friendly helpful staff. Great room with a view. Excellent facilities in the Hotel & locally. Local transport first class and affordable. Lovely area, great weather. Lots to keep children entertained. Local population friendly and helpful. Absolutely no downsides to this trip.

A very nice hotel, well located in Albir

The Wifi at the bar (free) is slow and in the rooms (pay small amount) bad. This deserves an upgrade.

Very spacious room with a nice balcony with sea view. The hotel is at a very nice central location and direct in front of the beach. Staff are friendly and helpful. Nice is also that if you travel alone, you pay half the room rate.

Good enough for a short stay, fab location but a bit 'tired'.

This hotel felt 'tired' more like 3* not 4*, which was OK for a short stay like mine but not for a whole fortnight's break . Get the impression it's fading a little from what it once was. My room was very stuffy even with the balcony door open. Although there was plenty of choice the breakfast but not great quality. I didn't eat in the restaurant in the evenings but heard it was very good. The pool was essentially a plunge pool, not really big enough to swim in properly. WIFI OK but signal was not that consistent - best signal is in the bar. (but this may be the location not the fault of the hotel, I have found that signals in general aren't great in this area).

Good facilities: spa, plunge pool, sundecks on roof and in front of bar. Huge entertainment area. Fantastic location right on the beach. Decent underground parking. Very pleasant staff.

Great hotel but not for a holiday
    • Budget Double Room

Entertainment virtually non exsistant. Spoilt the stay completely. No program for entertainment, staff apparently "in the dark"

Great food. Excellent service. Memory foam bed great.

Not enamoured and overpriced.
    • Budget Double Room

Restaurant food, breakfast food tended to be cold regardless of what time we arrived,our usual time was 8:00. For two weekends out of the three I was there, football teams were in residences to say the least they were noisy disruptive and disrespectful to the older people in the hotel, we as well as many others had to complain before anything was done to stop the noise as well as the football on the roof and in the foyer. The WYFI was not very good and very restrictive in that it only allowed one appliance to be used in the room.n

Bed was very comfortable,room was nice.resturant

Kaktus Albir is an Oasis for Leisure and Pleasure.
    • Budget Double Room

The whole place was better than expected, except that the food in the restaurant was not always well cooked....soup without flavour at all on one night, yet on others, brilliant. Lobster etc. on some nights, and poor standards on others. The welcome given to outside keen dancers, meant that it was difficult to get a seat to watch the entertainment....which is unfair to the paying guests.

The pool was interesting and varied...in shape and depth. There was a kettle and cups in the bedroom, which was unexpected and welcome. There was A fridge too. The hotel is very comfortable and quite luxurious. The decor is not 'run of the mill', but interesting and artistic. Lights in the foyer. The bedsheets were lovely, echoing the colour scheme of the hotel. The staff are all happy in their work, and helpful. We really liked the hotel, and it is in a fabulous position on the seafront. We had a sea view, and there are suites on the front, which must have fabulous views.

GOOD LOCATION GREAT STAFF

MY ROOM VIEW.THOUGHT I WAS GETTING SEA VEIW. THATS ALL

BREAKFAST GOOD.LOCATION GREAT.ROOM SPACIOUS ,BUT ROOM LOCATION AT REAR.NOT SEA VEIW.BUT OVERAL ENJOYED MY STAY.WOULD BOOK AGAIN .STAFF VERY HELPFULL.

Spacious and clean

Could be more entertainment

Room was very clean and very spacious. Staff very polite and helpful.location was excellent. Overall had a great time and will be coming back again .

It was all good.
    • Double or Twin Room

I would have liked just a shower in the bathroom found having to climb into a bath for a shower just a bit awkward.

The staff were all very helpful the room we were in was excellent especially the view.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

We have stayed here a few times before, usually Christmas...
    • Budget Double Room

I did not like queuing 20+deep for the evening meal in a 4Star hotel, Everybody seems to want to eat at 2000hrs, its better to wait half an hour or more for the queue to die down. Bed a bit on the hard side. Otherwise everything OK.

We have stayed here a few times before, usually Christmas and knew what to expect. The hotel is very much geared up for the Darby and Joan Brigade even down to the evening entertainment which seems to keep both parties happy. Favourite hotel of Saga package trippers. Plenty of choices at the self service food, salad bar and sweets counter. I like the use of the microwave to warm up my rice pudding which is always served cold in Spain. Staff are pleasant and friendly without being "over-the-top". The hotel provided all we needed for a relaxing few days.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Room decor a bit tired and drab.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room decor a bit tired and drab. For me, there was too much emphasis on fish in the restaurant and I found it hard to make a good meal. The staff were helpful and cooked us some chicken on the first night, and probably would have on other nights. My wife enjoys fish and was happy but chicken was not on offer on any of the evenings we were there.

Excellent location, comfortable accommodation but very busy
    • Double or Twin Room

We hadn't bargained for the large number of all inclusive holidaymakers in the hotel, which made breakfast a bit of a free for all if you were not down early. We drove to the hotel, but the sign to indicate parking was not clear and we ended up in the garage of the apartment next door. We were told we were not the first. We were told by the receptionist to come back to reception at 5pm and he would sort the parking out for us. At 5pm we were told this should have been sorted earlier and the receptionist who spoke to us and should have done this clocked off at 4pm. The upshot is we lost three hours of our first day twiddling our thumbs instead of strolling by the sea.

The room was spacious with a sea view balcony, an indoor seating area and an excellent bathroom. It is a short stroll from the hotel to anywhere in Albir which includes many eating options. The sea front walkway is directly outside the hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Nice hotel but needs a makeover.

Decor is quite dated and the over reliance on green in the room is a little too much...curtains,chairs,lamps and even furniture. Fridge lock is a bit of a bummer unless you want to pay €10 to have it stocked by hotel. No major issues with anything however. Nothing to do with the hotel but the beach is very pebbly and you would need 'gel shoes' to walk and swim.

Food selection was quite good and varied. Roof pool and sunning area appreciated. The single room I had at the front of the hotel was well equipped and generally comfortable. If you like dancing at night this is the place but some of the locals are really good but its enjoyable to watch them. Resident group play a nice variety of music.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Good sized rooms. Good hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was OK but not good. Poor instant type coffee from machines, watery juices, (in the land of oranges!). The evening music was diabolical aimed at my grand parents but great bar down the road with live rock bands on and room to dance. We're in our 60's!

Beds and pillows were very hard but request to reception well received and mattress toppers and softer pillows provided. They charge a daily rate for their own car park but reception, helpful again directed us to a 350 free car park opposite the hotel.

Solo last minute getaway

Sunbathing rooftop terrace looks soulless & tables were not cleaned during duration of my stay. Disappointed not to have a daily glass cava at breakfast as in most 4 star hotels.

The sun was on balcony all day. Cava at breakfast at weekends. Staff very helpful. Public areas spotless

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Another visit to unwind from work ! Great
    • Double or Twin Room

We did not like the fact that the Evening Buffet was all fish two days in a row and neither of us eat fish, there was no vegetarian option or anything that did not have fish in. So were a little disappointed, but will remembr not to go again to this hotel on those days, the rest of the days were good , a varied selection of food, and the staff in the restaurant are very attentive.

Breakfast is usually very good , they have a good selection and freshly cooked. Coffee very good.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Good stay, staff polite and efficient, would stay again because of location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom could be updated although they are a good size and clean

Food very good well cooked,plenty of selection on 3 nights but one night was dissapointing, overcooked meat and little choice

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Good location, across the road to the beach and lots of restaurants nearby
    • Double or Twin Room

The colour scheme in the room could be much brighter, the room looked dull and tired. Coffee at breakfast could have been stronger.

We only made breakfast one morning but everything you needed was there and it was all very nice. We had a top floor room at the front which gave us a good view of the sea front. Plenty of varied seating in the common areas.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

poor holiday
    • Double or Twin Room

We have stayed in a lot off 4star hotels. this hotel is not a 4 star.the rooms are dated you have to pay for the fridge the safe.the heated pool was cold.we asked For the hot tub and we where told the indoor pool is the hot tub.could not recommend This hotel.

Good selection of food at breakfast.but the hot food was always cold.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Reloading our batteries from work
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was spotless, the service excellent , the check in easy, the selection of food in the dining room was very good and the staff friendly and helpful and we have stayed there many times and will definately be returning again to reccharge battries for a couple of nights

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

We are going back next year

The weather

their was a lot of mature people which was very nice, every one was very friendly and their was lots going on in the hotel dancing, games room and lots activities out side. we enjoyed the swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Good. Just 4 star at a pinch. Design and use of public space a major drawback.

Constant hum in room from electrics. Shower temp liable to fluctuate disconcertingly. Cafe/entertainment space noisy always, a dreadful feature of the overall design/layout. In effect no quiet, relaxing public space. Awful.

Generally very good hotel. Most, but not all staff, also very good. Food 95 per cent excellent, with a couple of small blips. Rooms spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Fantastic hotel in great location with beautiful places to visit and excellent restaurants close by
    • Double or Twin Room

The choice of a non smoking room. On entry to the room it smelt very smokey Could have done with another pillow in the room - however this would have been provided I am sure if I had requested this so no fault on the Hotel

hotel Location was fantastic and staff were first class Most importantly they were the first hotel that had actually read about our wishes for "an upper room with a sea view"

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

excellent location
    • Double or Twin Room

rooms need updating the rooms are very tired looking, There is a kettle in the room but nothing to go with it ,most hotels provide some tea coffee ect. beds not very comfy we booked a double as a preference which we didnt get and when we asked at reception they said we could have one but would have to move to the back of the hotel so would loose the sea view. the food would have been better if it had been hotter.

location, views, food selection was good. dinning room staff very efficiant. entertainment on most nights. Bar staff very efficiant and friendly.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

If you want a glorious view, then this is a fab hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

No entertainment in the evenings whilst we were there, although to be fair we went out both nights to a local bar anyway. Although food was good, there wasn't a big variation if you didn't want what ever the theme of the night was.

Location was fantastic, with the sea right outside, glorious views from our balcony. Lovely walkway / promenade running alongside the hotel and beach with a few shops and restaurants and bars. The restaurant staff were very accommodating and friendly to our large group of 14 and arranged a reserved area for us to all eat together. There is a bus stop nearby which can take you into the centre of Benidorm in around 45 mins.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Never again not a four star
    • Double or Twin Room

Where to start. Rooms were cold, despite advertising heating, there was none a blanket was offered to heat the room. Food took two hours to serve one meal which was cold. Charge of 10 euros just to open the mini bar. Charge for poor wi-fi in room was per device. No English TV other than news. Windows had to be opened to see out they were so dirty. Beds were hard and uncomfortable. Does not deserve one star .

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Have stayed many times and will stay again. Changes needed
    • Double or Twin Room

Decor in room very dated. Beds very hard for older people. Room towels very old and thin. Toilet paper of very poor quality. Bathroom supplies not relevant in this age, better to have shampoo and body wash. No entertainment in hotel.

Made very welcome. Staff helpful and obliging. Good food and varied. Big clean room. Good lifts to all floors.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

nice hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Unable to get sun bed on top deck always full. Although unusual high temperature for November.

Staff at Reception very helpful. Location. breakfast. Room very comfortable.