Reviews of Hotel la Finca Golf & Spa Resort 5 stars

Carretera Algorfa - Los Montesinos Km 3, 03169 Algorfa, Spain

#1 of 5 hotels in Algorfa

Wonderful birthday stay
    • Double or Twin Room

We stayed for 1 night for my husbands birthday. As we arrived the check in staff wished him happy birthday and handed us a glass of cava then we went to our room and found management had put a bottle of bubbles and cake in our room. Such a lovely touch. Our whole stay all the staff were so polite and helpful and the hotel is very clean. We have stayed before and will definitly be coming back again.

All round very relaxed.

See above re pool bar.

Staff make this a pleasure to visit. We were here 3 years ago and enjoyed it then, some of the staff were still there. Would prefer if the pool bar was open all year round, as getting drinks was a bit of a trek.

were visiting friends not too far away and we had a car, but to way out if you are not playing golf
    • Double or Twin Room

very minimal, no comfort in reception, furniture much too low. there was no waiter service by the pool, and the pool bar was closed, had to go up several flights of stairs to get drinks. not 5 star!. There was no tea or coffee making facilities in the bedroom.

breakfast was very good

Lovely place to relax , great place for a wedding group.
    • Double or Twin Room

cold showers in the morning . We were told told to shower before 730pm as here would be no water available. The pool bar was closed , I thought they could’ve opened it for the large wedding party.

The hotel was immaculate . Staff were good.

Will come again as it is very close to relatives and fulfilled our expectations in comfort etc
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Rooms are a little corporate in their appeal Sun loungers on ground floor terrace from room would be good Facial in spa was not on par with facials in the UK, very basic experience from therapists in comparison

The breakfast was fab, very fresh and good choice. The general space and peace of the hotel Great shower/water pressure Good, professional service from all staff

OK, but work on the quality in the restaurant.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Maybe the quality of the food served in the à la carte restaurant. The service is OK when the maïtre d'Hotel is there, but otherwise it can be better. The quality of the dishes can be better for a 5 star hotel. And I think that is the reason why not a lot of residents have dinner in that restaurant. Also the view in the restaurant ( on a parking!!) is not inviting.

value for money

Nice Hotel that sits on a rural site with lots of houses.
    • Double or Twin Room

In a golf hotel you should expect the staff to now at least 10% about golf. This crew had no clue.

Nice Hotel that sits on a rural site with lots of houses. Typical golf resort.

Stunning views, lovely food a get
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff were not all friendly. We got accused of not paying but when their mistake was highlighted we did not receive an apology. Didn’t realise it was a dog friendly hotel, had a yapping dog in our corridor.

The cleanliness of the beach. Beautiful view and stunning coastal walk.

Definitely not 5 star!!!!! A solid 4 but no where near 5
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No tea making facilities in room Have to pay to use pool No ironing board available Food spilt on floor in restaurant and left Plates not cleared at breakfast

The building

Lovely, idyllic place.

The hotel only has one restaurant, which is basically the only place you can have dinner as there’s nothing around you.

Very lovely suite with your own little terrace which goes out to the pool area. Staff super polite and friendly, eager to help and smile. Great golf course with spectacular and somewhat different views. Perfect place to get away from the city and enjoy quality time with friends and family.

Apart from
    • Double or Twin Room (1 Adult)

The heat of the spa. It was too hot The person at reception was extremely unpleasant She was the only member of the staff we did not like She treated us very badly She should be dismissed. As she does not come up to the standard of the rest of the hotel Because if her attitude we did not use the indoor warm pool. Which we wanted nor have any treatments We booked into the hotel mainly for the services of the spa !!!!

Lovely clean large rooms Beautiful amazing shower

A quiet comfortable stay, unfortunately not able to use Spa facility Xmas Day.
    • Double or Twin Room

No tea/coffee making facilities in the room. The Spa was closed during g our stay, we were not informed of this beforehand.

Very nice spacious room with excellent bathroom facilities

I had a lovely time in a beautiful environment
    • Double or Twin Room

There's not much I didn't like. Although the food was to a high standard st dinner, I don't like sea food so a set menu was very limiting

Everything was beautiful. From arriving and the hotel coming into view, to opening the door to the room to a balcony and lovely bathroom

Stunning location - what a great place to get away to.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The Suite lounge bar was closed to us because they had a function on. Totally spoiled our evening as we was one of the reasons we booked the resort so we could enjoy some night life and not have to drive or worry about drinking etc. Disappointed...

Stunning location - what a great place to get away to.

Great time great resort
    • Double or Twin Room

When asking for towels at reception (which are provided no charge). One particular member of staff seemed disheartened in going to fetch them and made some negative comments about not bringing them back (when there was bins for towels provided so didn't quite understand that 1). Also the member of staff who runs the golf reception was quite rude and we were accused of losing a club cover on some golf clubs we rented. We had to pay 35 euros. I would suggest if hiring clubs to take a photo as after speaking to others at resort this can be quite common for them to try and charge for lost covers which maybe you didn't lose.

Excellent pool for relaxing. Great golf course and breakfast was superb. Very nice resort. Had our wedding there and the service was fantastic. Very enjoyable stay. Club house near golf course great place to eat and drink.

ok holiday disappointed after last year was so good
    • Double or Twin Room

Too many children compared to last year late night swimming children screaming with no lifeguard menu not so much on it, a few problems with the room

Nice hotel but not has good as last year

Brilliant hotel with great staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent staff, always on hand to help and when we asked to check out late that wasn't a problem. The room was lovely, big spacious and big balcony overlooking the pool. Very clean and had everything you needed. Big bathroom, with lovely big bath and shower. Really nice breakfast, good selection.

Fantastic, clean and quiet hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I wasn't told that their a was charge to use the spa facilities and you only pay for 90mins.

My partner is vegan and had plenty of food options, the tofu burger was tasty!!

Beautiful hotel with some curtailment
    • Double or Twin Room

The evening dinner staff was not well trained. Once all tables were in use the service ended into a chaos and being served was much more luck than structured. The clean-up in the morning was just as quick as possible (about 5 minutes each room) and not very accurate.

Very nice SPA hotel a little bit far away from the beach - as we are not playing golf. Breakfast was great with big variety (especially fresh preparation of omelettes), nice pool area and well designed garden.

Hotel itself is fantastic! The Golf Course needs a little bit more care given to it.
    • Double or Twin Room

I went to La Finca for a dual trip, one was to view properties in the area with a thought to maybe buying one. The other was to combine it with a golfing holiday. Everything at La Finca was very nice, but the golf course and facilities need a bot more care and attention to bring it up to the excellent standard of many other courses in the area.

Every Area of the Hotel was beautifully decorated and kept in first class condition and cleanliness. Room and grounds were fantastic and the Breakfast was lovely too.

Don't go.
    • Double or Twin Room

Easy to give away 5 stars now but this was more like a sports centre than hotel. In middle of lots of urbanisation nothing around so need transport. No lounge area for sitting in evening because children use every space to play football..even reception !!! Would NOT return. Needs more staff training.

Very little. Breakfast was good and morning staff friendly.

It was a nice relaxing and pampering holiday for me
    • Double or Twin Room (1 Adult)

No water kettle in the room, so had to ask Room Service for just hot water. It is a waste of their time, and they took time to bring orders. No BBC Channels in Cable TV, that is so easily requested is it not from cable company? And NO FULL LENGTH MIRROR in the room!!! :(

The staff was just great... Reception Efren and Samuel went out of their way to get me a really nice room. The Maitre'D at the Restaurant Jardines and the waiters/waitresses made sure everything was ok. The room I got 2212 was really big and comfy

Unfortunately, I got nil from my trip as I was unable to leave my room due to having my dog there.
    • Double or Twin Room (1 Adult)

Explanation of your pet policy

The room was very comfy. The shower room in particular was excellent. Room service very good. Everything was spoilt for me however as, having my small dog with me, I was informed, after I had paid, that I could not leave him in the room alone. Hence I could not use the facilities I had come for.

Rooms were lovely all facilities were great.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Didn't like having to carry our pushchair every day down 2 flights of stairs to the swimming pool. Not very convienient with a child. Not sure what somebody in a wheelchair would do if they wanted to relax around the pool. Few of the staff were rude on a number of occasions within our wedding party.

Rooms were lovely all facilities were great. Wedding we attended was fantastic and well run and organised

Great modern hotel, would appeal primarily to golfers

No tea or coffee making facilities in the room, no iron in the room or to borrow (they offer a paid ironing service), no signal on the English speaking tv channels, very little for children to do, unheated outdoor swimming pool, nothing to do within walking distance of the hotel.

Clean and modern hotel, huge bedrooms, great breakfast buffet, good bar menu, friendly and professional staff.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Nice view and good size Balcoy.
    • Double or Twin Room

My bed sheets were not changed once during my 4 night stay. No wi-fi in room. There was no iron board in room or even in Hotel. No drinking water provided in room.

Nice view and good size Balcoy. Breakfast was good with varied choices. Room bright with all lights working?

Lovely Hotel and great golf courses for real golfers!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bar or lounge area. Barman is not proffessional or friendly. The seating and ambience can be improved without to much costs. Dinner and breakfast was great value for money. Golf courses in good condition. A concern was that we made 3 bookings for 3 rooms under the same name. For one or other reason the one room was cancelled - the hotel claimed booking. Com cancelled the room. I am not sure why and how that happened. It could have been a disaster if hotel was full!

Loved the golf courses. Hotel clean and neat. Lovely ambience!

Not a 5-star, but a good 4-star at 5-star prices.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Forget to clean room one day. Washed a pullover that is now 3-sizes too small. No Kleenex in room. No non-Spanish TV in room. No golf channel in room during Masters. Menu in buffet a bit light for a 5-star. No one to help with bags. Underground parking small.

Good size room, modern, clean. Lunch and staff nice.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Excellent for golfers - only so-so for relaxation
    • Double or Twin Room

The dining experience was mixed in with a big golfing buffet - noisy and poor (intense) lighting - not an intimate experience for the menu to be delivered within

Great shower, welcome glass of cava Quiet room

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

GREAT HOTEL & CHALLENGING GOLF COURSE!
    • Double or Twin Room

to be honest, the only complaint I could have is the hairdryer in our room was awful!!

overall very good hotel, well placed for our golf courses and good value for money

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Second class guest!
    • Double or Twin Room (1 Adult)

I had to eat breakfast in the bar area because others had private use of the normal buffet breakfast area. Very disappointing.

Nice room with good balcony.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

A very modern hotel, huge reception area, large comfortable...
    • Double or Twin Room

However, This is a soulless place, reception staff were rude, in fact had I not known that bookings.com would take my money if I stayed there or not, I would have walked out. This hotel has all the infrastructure of a 5 star hotel, but it totally lacks service and a friendly atmosphere. I can't recommend this hotel

A very modern hotel, huge reception area, large comfortable bedrooms, huge bed, we loved the bathroom and shower.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Smoked salmon, cheese selection, lovely bacon, fresh coffee.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing, we had a great time at the wedding of our grandson. The hotel was marvellous.

Smoked salmon, cheese selection, lovely bacon, fresh coffee. Everything was lovely!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Breakfast was very good.
    • Double or Twin Room

Front desk staff were less than helpful. I played golf and when I asked the woman at the desk she said to "just go around the corner of the hotel, 4 minutes' walk" I was carrying my clubs and it turned into a 15 minute hill climb to get to the ProShop! I found out the course staff would come pick me up at the lobby. Same story with questions about the elevators to the Spa and pool. Poor directions and acted like I was bothering them.

Breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Shocking and misleading Booking.com

The greens of the golf course were hollowtined which made for a very disappointing experience. The hotel the golf club and Booking.com neglected to inform me of the state of the course but excepted my booking and money. Shocking

Room layout was exceptional and staff very friendly and helpfull

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Lovely modern hotel, if somewhat remote.
    • Double or Twin Room

Location. It is remote, not close to amenities. Town itself is very small and a drive away - definitely need a car. Definitely a golfers' hotel.

The pool was excellent - good length for proper swim, clean and perfect temperature. Pool bar.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Pleasant but over priced
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I was disappointed not to have an iron in room. The air conditioning was quite noisy, I think the main unit may have been above the room. No milk for the coffee in the room No food options for children only adult portions the buffet food option was quite expensive at 35 euro's per person no play area for children except for the outdoor pool

The junior suite was a nice size and the bathroom in particular was of a very good standard. Lovely Molton Brown products Nice outdoor pool friendly staff, some spoke good English some didn't but that was not an issue though.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Holiday in la finca

Buffet dinner was pretty bad, not enough option for food and food that was there wasn't great. We were on half board so had breakfast/buffet included- we wanted to try the al la carte and terrace food but were told unless you're on full board you can't- even if you're willing to pay (missing a way of making money there) so that was disappointing.

The hotel was beautiful, clean, staff were greet and set in a lovely location

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Not as nice as I'd expected.

The rooms need to have drawers. There is good, separate hanging space but the two shelves in there were being used to store duvets. Also need long mirrors! There is plenty of space to put one but the only place that had a mirror was over the washbasin.

Very clean everywhere. Beds very comfortable and soft pillows!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

If you need to stress out

The safe: They brag about that you can charge your computer when you have it in the safe. Only the cord is NOT connected to elgrid. The safe is not even secured in the wall. Not in ANY room. A child can lift it. Bird droppings EVERYWHERE. URK Difficult to change elevator to get to the pool, if you have a weel chair.

The calmness. Only the sound of a pool splash once in a while. Will stress you down. They most have the happiest and friendliest personal in Spain. Because thees days most employees in Spain look tired and bitter. The best public handicap toilet I've ever seen.

Mainly enjoyable
    • Double or Twin Room

Cooked breakfast was cold!!! Hot food in the evening was also cold. Lack of atmosphere.

Comfy bed. Golf

I have paid much more and received much less value

All good

Great experience

Short overnight stop whilst visiting the area fantastic destination for golfers

Modern hotel nice clean rooms, staff were very friendly and helpful

relaxed, comfortable, good food

Suite very nice,

Mixed bag. Would sell better as 4 star.

Spa. Formal dining area.

Golf practice facilities. All day very informal cafe/bar.

Perfect stay with active leisure
    • Double or Twin Room

Noisy room doors and lack of noise canceling between rooms.

Good service and very kind staff.

Relaxing stay with excellent staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Paying for pool spa facilities

Really enjoyed it.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Front desk mixed up my reservation w/ my friend in another room.

Balcony

Ok, but lack of heating in bar and restaurant has put us off
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was too cold. We shouldn’t need to wear a coat in the restaurant

Luxury hotel with good service.

More sunbeds around pool. Waiter service around pool

Luxury hotel with good service. Staff excellent

a great stay, recommended
    • Double or Twin Room (1 Adult)

how late the pool bar opened

everything

Food

Food

Very quiet and secluded you do need a car, we love this...
    • Double or Twin Room

Very quiet and secluded you do need a car, we love this hotel this will be our 4th visit in two years

breakfast was amazing
    • Double or Twin Room

was not impressed with the spa . thought there would be more.

breakfast was amazing

Great hotel with beautiful garden and pool, friendly staff, Cava on arrival👍

Spa did not open until 12:00 on Monday

Swimming pool, breakfast, food. Brilliant shower and bathroom

Perfect stay...

Nithing

The views from our balcony were amazing!

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Lovely venue we had for my sons wedding beds lovely and comfy

Lovely venue we had for my sons wedding beds lovely and comfy

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Awful reception staff

Awful reception staff

Great Easter break
    • Double or Twin Room (1 Adult)

Rooms, spa, breakfast, outside area & sunshine!

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

OK
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Dinner could have been better

breakfast buffet was great

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Amazing staff and care to detail

Amazing staff and care to detail

excellent all round choice

excellent food and service- couldnt fault it

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Everything was lovely

Everything was lovely

The breakfast was amazing

The breakfast was amazing

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

apples and cava at reception
    • Double or Twin Room

Waiting time at reception to be seen

apples and cava at reception

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Great hotel

Nothing could be better!

Always perfectly clean, comfortable and well looked after

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Zero Atmosphere
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel had an atmosphere of a clinic or empty airport - zero atmosphere!! Stark and clinical

The room was large and spacious

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Kindness personnalités/ gréât swimmingpool/marvelous...

Menu and too lit le

Kindness personnalités/ gréât swimmingpool/marvelous view

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Not signposted well - route to pool area, etc

Not signposted well - route to pool area, etc

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

really enjoyed being at this hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely staff lovely room lovely food excellent will be going back

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

excelente

Todo en general

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Good food, nice rooms and comfortable beds.
    • Double or Twin Room

Found the wellness area a bit stuffy.

Good food, nice rooms and comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Relax
    • Double or Twin Room

Habitaciones triples (familia numerosa)

Estupendo sitio para descansar

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Just a brilliant place
    • Double or Twin Room

So relaxing, do need a vehicle if wanting to explore, otherwise stay at hotel it's just a perfect setting

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Geat start to our holiday

Welcome - excellent Food - great Rooms - relaxing Perfect