Reviews of La Plaza I 2 stars

Plaza Baragaña, 9, 33440 Luanco, Spain

#4 of 5 hotels in Luanco

The hotel has two premises, and hence there were two reception desks. One of them was easy to find, while the other was hidden in the basement. I didn't know all these until the day I left. So I had to wait for the staff during quite a long time for check-in and check-out.

The room was perfect. Totally exceeded my expectation, since there were quite a few negative comments on booking's website. However, I loved the place. It was a wonderful stay.

• Double or Twin Room

The first room that we were given was smelling strongly to tobacco, even it was a not smoking room. So we were given a second room in the top roof floor, that was much more warm and with not so nice views. It is a pity that the hotel staff does not know how to control the smoking, even if they have smoke alarms and it is forbidden by law in that type of hotel.

The hotel was located in the center of Luanco. The staff was really friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

A wardrobe would have been nice and complimentary ear plugs. Ok ... just complimentary ear plugs...

This was our third stay (we have stayed in both of them, Plaza I & Plaza II).We decided to give them another chance since its very convenient to where our friends live, however.... Whilst during our previous stays we had some disrupted nights or rather early mornings (4 - 5 am), this time it was horrendous. From about 4:30 onwards drunken teenagers kicking bottles weaved their way home past our window and when they stopped the street cleaning vehicle started. The management were deeply unsympathetic ("we cant control what happens in the street") offering, at a price of course, to move us to the other side of the road to their "boutique" side (having stayed in both Id be hard put to notice the difference if I hadn't been told or paid for it). Anyway, as its in an identical position on the road this seemed ridiculous. The management said that we should have emailed them ahead if we had wanted a quiet internal room. I have to admit that was a new one on me... now I have to specify to a hotel in advance, that I might want to use the room to sleep in it?!... we won't be using them again. Thought we might try Hotel La Playa across the road, which faces the sea next time....

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Reception staff were illusive.

Strange hotel as one block is 2 star and the block across the courtyard is 3 star. I booked some weeks before staying and made specific requirements of a double bed and a bath. However, when we arrived, I was advised that I could have one or the other. After a heated discussion, we were kindly upgraded to a room in the 3 star block which had both a double bed and a bath. The 2 star rooms looked a bit basic but the 3 star rooms were fine. The room was a bit noisy as it was by the lift and people in adjoining rooms could be heard. However, it was generally very nice.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The bed was very comfortable. Nice and modern hotel. Just perfect!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

a very relaxing holiday with very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

Bedlinen wasn't clean, quite noisy in hotel at night. Staff speaks almost no English and check-in was very bureaucratic.

Good location, not a bad prize.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

No wifi available in the room, a bit small room. Otherwise perfect :)

Cute little town with nice and local portside restaurant. The hotel is well-signed from the main road, but parking is only possible a bit outside of the village (5-10 mins walking from the hotel) or the hotel has a private parking area for a fee. The receptionist was very very nice, we got a small but very nice room on the top floor. We had problems with the wifi connection on the 4th floor but on the ground floor it was good. Very nice place, I would stay there next time also.

There is 1 review without text. This impacts the overall review score.