Reviews of Le Meridien Barcelona 5 stars

Ramblas, 111, Ciutat Vella, 08002 Barcelona, Spain

#311 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

Nothing, it was perfect!

The location was right in the middle of town, easy to get anywhere and all the shops were within walking distance. The staff were all extremely friendly, from the housekeeping, to concierge and the lobby staff. We had one wheelchair and to get in and out of the hotel, a small wheelchair lift had to be used, the staff in the lobby were always so accommodating to assist us. We also got desserts every day in our hotel room after the turn down service, which was always a nice treat!

• Deluxe Triple Room

Price was too high for room Service was okay No 5 star perks/had to ask for basics that a hotel should have provided eg. Slippers and Kleenex tissues. Requested silverware and dishes and cost was €3

Hotel is over-priced and not a true 5-Star hotel. Very close to La Rambla and restaurant attached.

• Premium Deluxe Room

Only issue was a little street noise from party goers on La Rambla but only to be expected if you want such a central tourist location.

Excellent location for shopping and sightseeing. Staff were very helpful and recommended a great tapas restaurant nearby that we woul never have found on our own. Very clean and tidy.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Some rooms are old. We had to request changing the room to a revovated one which is far better than the old ones!

The location is extremely nice as it is in the middle of the action!

Furniture is rather old,

The location is probably the best thing about the hotel. This is not a 5* hotel, but it is a clean and comfortable place for a short stay. Most attractions are near by.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Very late housing keep service. Every early mornings got VERY loud noise not sure was from the construction or cleaning work. Very annoying, very bad 5 stars hotel I've ever stayed

The location is awesome, super convenient

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

it would have been great if the Hotel has a pool.

The position of the Hotel was excellent ,close walking distance to resturants/shops and the Olympic Port. a great city

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Bathroom tup so high to climb dangerous to come out from bath glass sliding door doesn't shut completely Veriety of breakfast fruit and bread

Breakfast bag on the buffet for take away

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Nothing - all our expectations were met

Excellent location on La Ramblas, hotel was very comfortable, newly refurbished room, staff were very pleasant, concierge was always helpful to book tickets for attractions - great hotel for a city break.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

no fridge only minibar with full of sensors small comparing to other hotel rooms didn't get what i requested , highfloor

staff clean comfortable great location bathroom

• Family Suite

I was in room 612. There's a very unpleasant smell coming from the bathroom through an air vent inside the room. I tried to call zero to help but they didn't give me any help, I couldn't sleep during the stay. The room was family suit and it wasn't comfortable compared to its high price. The room was on the sixth floor, and there's only one elevator, and the elevator waiting period is too long. The hotel needs to be re-evaluated because its services are not worthy of the five star hotels. I don't recommend this hotel.I don't recommend this hotel.

Location only

• Family Suite

Probably a little on the expensive side but we knew this at the time of booking!

Friendly, courteous and extremely helpful from the minute we arrived until we departed.

they charged me VAT on top of agreed booking price!! room decoration a bid too dark for me the 4* hotel lacks a real restaurant vs a brasserie (le 111) like as of today they are renting appartment but not giving the feeling being in a 4* even is service is excellent - this is due to facility that is not large probably Ramblas definitely too crowdy

large room reactive and friendly staff

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

I believe they need to have rooms with two double beds to have the family together. The only issue I have for this hotel is that we required to have two rooms and my kids (15 and 14) stayed in another room.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

The bathtub was peeling and scratched The carpet in the room and in the hallway was dusty and old looking There was a hair in the bathtub upon arrival

The bad was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

I got "fined" $200 Euros for smoking off my balcony ... I told them there wasn't any signs, and staff told me about a small note that's left on the desk (never saw it).. other than that nothing! And later I noticed that they also charged me for Internet that was suppose to be free!

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Photos are totally different! it was the worst accommodation ever! it is old! towels and bed were not clean ! AC switches off automatically at night!, food is bad and rude staff

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

a soulless experience...even the room service food looks so 'international' that did not give me the appetite to try something when i was hungry...

staff is nice, but i guess this is the catalan hospitality, anyway...

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

food was poor and would not recommend eating at the hotel!!

staff were very friendly and helpful. excellent location in terms of being able to walk to most attractions. very touristy area but worth it if on a sight seeing holiday. shame the hotel does not have a pool.

• Deluxe Triple Room

We got there after stating we was 3 males staying to arrive to a double bed sofa bed then were charged £100 for a upgrade(which we shouldn't of paid as the mess up was hotel fault and to pay 130 a night to sleep on a sofa bed then we had charges to r room for things we hadn't order we paid them just to get out there

The location was excellent

• Family Suite

Family Suite was superb, staff were exceptionally friendly and welcoming, I would not hesitate to return to this hotel when next back in Barca or indeed to recommend it to anyone wanting a central location from which to explore the city

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

The fact that there was no free wifi in the rooms. Which is annoying especially that all the laptops nowadays and devices need wifi. And if you stay in a 3-star hotel in Spain in general or rent an apartment you get free wifi. And for the price we have paid you don't get one this is very strange and redicolus. During our checkout something very strange have happen to us, we had a late flight on so we booked for 3 nights, and during the checking out they told us you have booked for 5 nights, which we didn't do, and the mistake we didn't know from which side, even though we have made our booking for 2 rooms within the same account and they told us one room is booked for the same day we are chekcing out and the other room after 2 nights, which we found it very strange, and after checking the system they told us no its ok. and we never understood from where this mistaked happen if it was booking.com or their mistake.

Great place and location food is great and the room service is amazing.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

They reserve for me a room for hand cap without notifying me?? They did not prolong my check out regardless that I am gold member and I deserve it??!!

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Still thinking. Maybe the price per night? I needed an extra night to watch Barcelona PSG and the rates jumped to over €400!!!

Everything! Location, eateries around. Places to see. Shopping. Area is simply perfect

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

The maid removed especially requested top sheet from the bed on our last night.

Damiano Curra was our waiter. He was excellent. We enjoyed quiet room and the roof terrace.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

The staff at the reception registered a new SPG membership for me without prior notice. I only found out by email one day after. Well I do have a membership already.

Good location, nice staff.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

There is no lock in the toilet and also they need to change the carpet inside the rooms or do more cleaning. The free wifi is too bad. If you want more speed you have to pay. There is no much channels in the tv especialy english one. There is no kids channels or Movie channels.

The beds are comfort. The staff are friendly. The breakfast is acceptable and there is choices. The Location is excellent.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Pricing

The location is excellent with very modern designed rooms that is absolutely comfortable. Although it's a bit pricey for me I definitely appreciate the excellent service of the hotel staff from the door man to the very professional concierge Rica (Richard).

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

A quote of €95 euro for the shuttle to the airport which is only 15 minutes away when they advertise a shuttle service

Great position, very well presented and very comfortable

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

I knew the Meredien Barcelona from earlie visits,the hotel changed now to a kind of boutique Hotel,the beautiful oldfashioned breakfast room doesn't exist anymore,the bar... But that is my opinion,the location is the best ( direct to the ramblas), our room was absolutely quiet,, staff very friendly.

• Family Suite

Curtains in suite had fallen off the hook and could not close properly at night, thus affecting our sleep.

Large room and location on Ramblas, as well as the porters and concierge staff. Main restaurant also serves excellent food at excellent pricing.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Family Suite

Everything was so perfect that the below bothered me: My son drinks special milk which I was carrying. It needed to be warmed. Didn't expect to be charged every time I asked for it to be heated for a minute (max once a day). Stayed for 4 nights in a family suite. Paid good money for the suite. Didn't expect them to charge me anything albeit 3 euros for warming a mere milk. It's not about the 3 euros but when one is paying thousands then such a genuine request should not have been charged. Otherwise everything else exceeded my expectation.

Amazing suite. Great staff. Great location. The check in staff and concierge were very helpful. Cleanliness of high quality. Room size for family suite was decent. Overall, will highly recommend it. Will certainly come back.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

The reception / meet and greet staff barely acknowledged us. If we needed anything they helped to resolve in an efficient way but just could have been more friendly and welcoming when we walked through.

The housekeeping staff were friendly, acknowledged us every time we saw them.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ramblas View

Front desk service was far below the service levels and hospitality i have enjoyed in comparable hotels. This includes poor communication (misinformation) and a nasty surprise about check out just an hour before i was due to leave. Although it was resolved, i still left 30 mins ahead of plan and didn't appreciate the way it was managed. I was also in a room which smelt of paint (which couldn't be rid off). It seemed like the room was recently refurbished but clearly not ready for occupancy. But through out my stay i repeatedly heard the front desk mentioning the property was overbooked so this probably explains it.

The location was great and a very well informed concierge (Gil) made our time in Barcelona amazing - he understood what we were seeking to experience and clearly is well informed (and updated) on the local scene!

• Deluxe Triple Room

Very good would stay again

Location, staff

• Suite with Terrace

Cleanliness, friendly staff, & location

Nothing everything was great

The staff and the location was great

All good

Perfect stay good location

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Rooms are very small and 4 star quality - not the usual Meridien hotels quality Food was average

Location Service

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Carpet smell bad ,room decoration and red chairs , small room

Location and staff

Very central

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Eveything was perfect in this hotel, staff, breakfast, facilities, rooms space etc.. OH and food

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

If there will a chinese restuarant will be excellent.

easy access to shopping n eating.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ramblas View

The room facilities are very basic, and bathroom a little bit small.

Great location, very convenient! Hotel staffs are friendly!

• Deluxe Triple Room

the room was hot and if you open the window it is too noisy

Nice and friendly staff. Perfect location. Clean

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

If the beds were a bit larger.

Really nice shower. Big bathroom for a small room.

Outstanding location

• Premium Deluxe Room

They have almond milk options! Breakfast is generous. Service is correct and accommodating.

Perfect location

rooms

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Nothing really. maybe room size but given location its good.

Beds were great

• Deluxe Triple Room

Little dated but said was under refurbishment.

Very good hotel

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ramblas View

Small lobby. No comfortable places to eat other than a public restaurant connected to the hotel

Amenities and cleaning.

A good, not an excellent hotel.

N/a

Excellent front desk and concierge staff. Great location.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

WiFi & breakfast because there is very few option for vegetarian person

Location, cleanliness & staff service is excellent.

All items were fresh

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

They were a little frugal on the toiletries, the hotel was not cheap.....

The bed was very comfortable, not a sound in the room, very good location.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

I thought the room and hotel were below expectation for the prices they charge!

Location is good!

• Deluxe Triple Room

Lobby resturants open late at 7.30 AM where I was looking to go down around 6:30

Nice staff

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Staff was extremely help and accommodating. Loved them

Housekeeping was too slow

Great breakfast excellent team

Spacious , clean , lovely staff and good location

Location, location, location

Nothing really

Excellent location, nice rooms and bathrooms. Friendly staffs.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ramblas View

Reception/lobby area rather cramped. More seating needed.

Efficient, friendly and unobtrusive first class service. Good soundproofing.

• Suite with Terrace

Excellent spacey sunny and very comfortable private terrace. Great service and staff.

Bathroom door

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

The bed was comfy, breakfast was very good and location excellent

The staff were all very friendly and obliging

Browse Le Meridien Barcelona traveller photo gallery