Reviews of Soho Los Naranjos 3 stars

Paseo de Sancha, 35, Malaga Centro, 29016 Málaga, Spain

#66 of 92 hotels in Málaga

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The hotel has a perfect location, there is a bus stop nearby to reach the city centre, a small shop around the corner and the beach is 100-200 m away. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are always clean. The breakfast ist excellent!

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Not exactly in front of beach but surely 200 meters away which is quite close. Check in was delayed deliberately by staff on reception and had to wait for 90 minutes despite 3 messages posted through bookings. Com about early arrival and had received response through the site of having accepted it. No travel desk for information

Sergeo the night staff was too good. Excellent location. Bus stand just outside gate with choice of 5 different lines available with frequency of every 7 minutes. Lots of food joints near by. Nice balcony to seat at leisure but recommend higher floors otherwise sea is not visible. Over all nice smooth stay. Good wifi. Nice breakfast

I have some trouble with small elevators, but most hotels in Europe have small elevators.

The staff was very helpful getting us a rental car. It was all handled in the hotel lobby and so easy! Also, staff helped me get a boarding pass printed because the pay internet in the lobby was not connecting. Also, the view from the 5th floor balcony was amazing. At night, it was fairly quiet in that part of town. And I like the quiet for sleeping. Also, the bus picked us up right in front of the hotel and we could see Old Town without having to walk our legs off.

The traffic noise was loud and it would have been good to have more than 1 electrical socket in the room.

Very comfortable bed, complementary water and coffee, mini bar with chilled drinks. Very friendly and helpful reception staff. Close to the castle and beach. Restaurants and cafes nearby. On a bus route into / out of town.

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

couldn't work the coffee machine..my fault .. breakfast very dear at 12 euro./ no bar or tv lounge.

location location. , 1 min from beach ,, with all the seafood restaurants; Non stop buses to town for 1 30 ,

Breakfast and coffee was excellent, the warm water in the bathroom appeared immediately und the pressure of water met my expectations, at night there was calm and silent, thanks to the really helpful staff

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Breakfast was very full buffet but the price of 12 euros was hard to justify.

Quiet, comfortable, very attentive, helpful staff. Near to beach, good transport links in a wonderful City.

No English telly at all ,not even a news channel,when your travelling on your own it would be useful,but made me get out!!

Right next to the beach,great promenade to walk on for miles,clean up market area,good bus routes,didn’t eat in the hotel,prefer to go out.spotless rooms,airport shuttle only €8.50

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Breakfest was not very versatime and even though we were there 45 minutes before the end of service many things were already finished. Also the beds were not very comfortable to my taste.

Staff was helpful and nice. Location was great and balconies were nice.

Room could have been swept more thoroughly and tea making area cleaner on arrival

The staff couldn't do enough. The shower was lovely and hot. Great situation and I had a balcony with sun I the afternoon.

• Triple Room with Balcony

Although the hotel had air conditioning it had not yet been switched on. We stayed in March however the room was very hot during the night. Breakfast was very average.

Th hotel had a lovely relaxed feel to it. Reception was bright and welcoming. The location was great for the beach and the city. Overall a great place to stay.

Dog in neighbouring garden persistent barking from 8 pm throughout the night They say there’s nothing they can do but I’m sure there must be byelaws or nuisance factors can be applied or a bone with sleeping potion impregnated.

Nice touches ...little cakes and chocolate in room

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

everything was great actually !

The coffee machine in the room was very nice. Also we were upgraded to a see view room, which was insanely beautiful. The staff was very helpful, we arrived early but it was not a problem at all.

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

I was very disappointed with my room having booked a double room with a balcony as the single rooms were all fully booked at the time of my booking! When I queried this after seeing the 'cell' - room 333, I was given the option of swapping to a twin room without a balcony, room 115 which is on the ground floor and like being in a bat cave it was so dark. As I was booking out I was given a 35 euro refund when I showed the receptionist the paperwork but I would have preferred to have had the room I originally booked. It would be handy to have instructions in how to use the shower and coffee machine. Personally I would prefer a simple shower and a kettle so you could make a cup of tea or other hot drink.

The staff are a credit to the hotel. Every person I saw was a member of staff when I stayed exactly the same time in 2017. This says a lot about the hotel and how it is run. The hotel is easy to get to from the airport with the main bus taking you to within around half a mile from the building and then the option of catching a 2nd bus or walking with your case. There are at least three restaurants just over the road. The closest one serves excellent basic food at very reasonable prices and next door is ideal for couples as it has a great atmosphere although is at least twice the price.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The pillows very hard compared to what we are used to The view did not meet with our expectation. Hard to enjoy the balcony because of the steet below, too noicy.

The breakfast was very good, the orange juice excellent. Very nice staff

Coffee machine in room had no instructions. One unsuccessful try to operate it. TV: small screen, and only six channels showing, none national or English language. Dining room would be small when hotel fuller, with around 20 places. The city map issued by the hotel is inadequate, too small and not covering enough of the city (this is not the hotel's fault).

Location:bus stops directly outside hotel, served by 6 bus routes,7 minutes from city centre. Balcony with view of Med. Plenty of space for a single room. Ample cupboard/wardrobe space. Room safe.

Friendly staff and decent location - quiet and about a 20 minute walk to the downtown area. I had a room on the 5th floor with a small terrace and a view of the sea. Excellent value.

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Staff was rude, value for money was completely inadequate. I definitely should have tried harder to find another option for accommodation in Malaga.

The bed comfort and balcony in the room was nice.

No international channels on the TV. I would have expected at least CNN or BBC World News.

A very pleasant balcony. Near the beach for those who like beaches.

1. There is a serious problem with the ventilation system. When I turned on the heater, the disgusting smoking smell came out. It was really inconvenient and terrible problem to the nonsmokers. 2. I requested a nonsmoking room but there was an ash tray on the table in the balcony. 3. The receptionist did not expained how to use the hotel in detail such as where the lift was and when the breakfast starts.

1. the clean room 2. good breakfast considering price 3. location 4. kind and hard-working cleaning ladies.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The room was very dated as was the bathroom. But it was clean and comfy. Definitely need new hairdryers.

Great location with a seaview which is what we asked for. We only spent one night there but breakfast was excellent. I have to have a gluten free diet and the man in charge of dining room was really helpful.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

There is quite some traffic on the road in front of the hotel. However it did not bother us.

We had five good nights at the hotel! And we can absolutely recommend it. Lots of buses to the city centre, or you can walk 15 minutes to get there. 5 minutes’ walk to the sea. The breakfast buffet was excellent and one of the best we have seen. Everything was fresh, and during the whole morning the staff rearranged and added things, so that the buffet was filled up and appetizing from beginning to end. We had a room with sea view and balcony - and we will recommend others to pay that little extra to have the same.

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Very good breakfast, fresh food, plenty of choice & catering for different dietary needs. Hotel close to the Malagueta beach. Helpful & friendly staff.

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Room & bathroom are rather nostalgic furnished but everything was clean.

Great Location (to the beach 200m & 30 min walk into the city center), 4th & 5th floor with sea view. Close to public transport, supermarket, bars & restaurants.

Bathrooms are still clean but in my opinion they need some renovations.

Location is really great. Bus station in front of the Hotel. But you can easy walk to the city center. About 20 min.

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

We thought it will be looking over the beach directly, but there was another building between us and the beach. Still it was a short walk to the beach.

Nice hotel near the beach, and walking distance to the activities district

I did not recieve the answer on my question about the airport transver. 😑 we took this hotel because they offer "airport transver" but in reality that did not work.I wrote to hotel 7 days before the trip, but nobody did not read it on time. Malaga as city was excellent 😊

A bit further out of the centre than I was expecting. It was difficult to find the hotel. I was expecting to use their parking facilities which was one of the reasons I had chosen the hotel. But when I arrived, I was told that my car was too big to fit in the underground car park. It is not a huge car so I was surprised and disappointed.

Clean, comfortable, reasonably quiet room. A bit further out of the centre than I was expecting. Staff very pleasant and helpful.

Room allocated was on ground floor with no view or balcony. The services listed on board behind Reception no longer available - probably for a long time, e.g. bar, lounge, so nowhere to go other than room or small foyer area. More guesthouse than hotel.

Good location, just a block from the promenade and beaches, with a few restaurants nearby. Less than 10 minute bus ride from Malaga centre. Staff friendly. Room was clean.

I cannot fault this hotel

Really comfortable, quiet hotel with helpful and friendly staff. The breakfast is varied and served till 10:30. The hotel is on an excellent bus route with busses passing every couple of minutes throughout the day. I particularly enjoyed the restaurant Fraile over the road-wonderful food-it's a must do

Air conditioning appeared a bit inefficient. Kettles with tea/coffee in rooms would be good

Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Great location with good bus services right outside

Too noisy. Cleaners made noise in the morning. Not a place to have a good quite sleep. The room was very small. Sell single room as double. Amenities set up only for one person. Dirty mini bar fridge. Towel only for one person.

Good location with opportunity for late check in

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Poor Wi Fi reception in room 222.

Nice helpful reception staff. Bus stop right outside hotel for transport to city centre (1.3) Euros. Rooms simply furnished but functional. 2 minutes from beach.

• Triple Room with Balcony

When I arrived around 3:30pm, our room was still being cleaned even though I put arrival time at 2-3pm. When we came back later that night the room smelt of air freshener and cheap cleaning products. Also, we booked a hotel with parking but to park you car there was a fee of €12.50 per day.

Location was great.

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

This was the biggest mistake of a 10 day vacation to Spain. The hotel is located a distance from the city centre. On arrival we checked into a poorly lot room. I will itemize the remaining issues and trust me I have a high tolerance: - black mold in shower ceiling - hard uncomfortable bed - ac didn't work properly -room was not sold proof heard all noises from outside and hallway - scrambled eggs were literally huge chunks - room dusty and dirty We were scheduled to stay for 2 nights after a restless night I spoke to manager who couldn't care less, offered no solutions to any of our issues other then checking out. Instead of charging us 104 euros he charges 174 euros. We checked into AC Mariott right away instantly we felt cleaner and happier.

There was nothing that redeemed this hotel stay away like the plague.

A huge problem with WiFi. All provided passwords were invalid. Finally I used a password for the hotel’s service loosing a lot of time. There was no possibility to prepare a breakfast takeaway, what should be a standard. In the description on Booking, the hotel provides a transfer from and to the airport. That’s not true. Finally I had to go by the public transportation.

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Very very noisy as it is on a main road. Fridge didn't work. Bathroom door very hard to open/close.

Plenty of shops and bars around. Bus stop right outside the hotel. Only about 25 mins from the airport.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I personally didn't like the dining room where the breakfast wad served. Too small, too quiet. Everybody is staring.

The staff was very helpful. We had a problem in our room, and it was fixed the same day!

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

We had some some problems with appliances and furniture: the air conditioner controller know was broken into two pieces, so we had to press the together before rotating; the lock to the bathroom was jamming, so the person inside had to ask the one outside to open the door (that was funny all the time); the balcony door lock was also kind of broken, so even if it seems to be closed you can just push the door from outside and it will open.

Breakfast was normal. The room was nice with good view (second floor, on the tile roof and the city). Location is good, the bus stop is right near the hotel, as well as big supermarket in 5 minutes walk.

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Air-conditioning worked well. Beach was a short walk away and the bus connections worked well from the bus stops just a few steps away from the hotel. The breakfast was good, although a bit expensive.

The bathroom fittings is old and do not suit the rest of the hotel...it needs upgrading.

Very good small hotel in good area close to beach and restaurants. Highly recommended.

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The location was perfect. 2 mins from beach add 25 mins from city. Bus outside to city if needed. Clean and very friendly. Balcony for all upstairs rooms. Will go back.

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Bathroom needs an upgrade and some light fittings need replaced. Tea/coffee making facilities would be appreciated.

Position of room, good balcony view,staff available when help required. Excellent bus service from hotel to centre of Malaga and also to seaside towns in opposite direction egg El Palo.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Triple Room with Balcony

Air conditioning did not work one of the evenings

loved it being so close to beach and churringuito restaurant on the beach with sun loungers for rent. great food and location lived walking the promenade

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

We specifically booked this hotel because it was relatively close to the airport and had an airport shuttle so we could turn the car in the night before for a VERY early flight the next morning. Upon arriving at the hotel we were told that there was no airport shuttle but they could call a taxi for 25-30 Euro (double that since we would have had to get back to the hotel from the airport after dropping the car). Since we then opted to keep the car overnight we were also charged to park it in a very tiny parking garage that required a 5 point turn just to get around the corner into the garage. All in all a very frustrating experience. We changed from our original hotel specifically to avoid the parking/driving to the airport and instead doubled our work.

Location was extremely close to the beach and the desk persons spoke very good English. A bonus since my Spanish is terrible.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The air conditionining vent carries all smoke from other rooms into my room and i could hear people through the walls of my bedroom clearly

The scrambled eggs for breakfast i had is by far the best i have had in all my travels! spanish scrambled eggs were my favourite. The rooms were extremely comfortable particularly the beds and soft duvet covers.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

The shower

The beds were very comfortable, they offered a nice breakfast, the hotel is very close to the beach, every room has a balcony with a view of the beach, within walking distance to the city center and it was a great value for the money.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Parking a bit difficult and tight. Windows are not very well noise proof but adequate.

Very nice location. Great breakfast. 20 min walk to city center. 5 minutes to beach. Got room with balcony view to the sea. Reception staff was very helpful. Many nice nearby restaurants. 300-400 meters to a local supermarket.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Couple of issues with the room, which was quite small, but got moved to a much better room. So all good in the end

Reception staff are excellent. Good location for the beach. I prefer this part of Malaga, even if it is away from the centre. As a regular visitor to Malaga, I would definately stay again at Los Naranjos.

Coffee & tea making facilities in my room would have been nice.

Very helpful Reception staff. Great location - near beach and only a ten minute bus ride to town. Very good choice at breakfast.

• Triple Room with Balcony

Just the lock of the bathroom door was very tight. Maybe adding a fan would make it easier as some people do not prefer air conditioners.

I think overall me and my fiends liked the choice of hotel we booked. Hotel is located just 5mins to beach and maybe 10-15 walk to the city centre. From the airport it takes 40mins bus ride. You have to take two bus to reach to the hotel. We opted to have our breakfast outside as we wanted to trying something new. From our balcony we could see sunrise and sunset which was one of the most beautiful view. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Also the bus stop is just located outside the hotel and there are few restaurants and cafes close the hotel. So I would highly recommend this hotel and bargain on the price too.

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Nothing! Except the weather, we went in march and was chilly but sunny!

Staff were lovely, very helpful. Our balcony was nice and had a view of the sea in the distance. Was about a 25 minute walk to the centre but the bus stop is right outside which took about 5-10mins and cost €1.30. A cab home from the centre was about €4

Breakfast OK, but was a bit expensive and only in the basement. We dropped it and went to a bar.

Location good, close to town and the beach, but noisy. Hardly a good sleep night between Saturday and Sunday.

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

This hotel, lika many other hotels in Spain put a plastic cover over the mattress. It is very uncomfortable as it is noisy and it makes you sweat. I hate those plastic mettress covers!

The area is fantastic with beautiful old houses and 3 very good restaurants just opposite the hotel. Only local peple and very good food, reasonable prices. Bus stops a few steps away, but only 20 minutes walk to the old city. We also took bus 35 outside the hotel up to the Castle and the Parador, which is a must when in Malaga!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

We asked for a room at the front of the property but were given one with a balcony at the side of the hotel looking straight at a wall.

The hotel is located in a part of Malaga close to the beach and City centre with both being in walking distance. The hotel is clean and the staff are very friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Very nice, stylish hotel near the beach and a couple of minutes walk away from the city center. The view from the balcony was amazing, the staff friendly & competent, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom very clean. They have a very nice breakfast (with the vest coffee I had in Spain!).

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Avoid rooms on the ground floor as these are dark like caves.

If your room is on upper floors then it's a decent hotel. Seaside is just around the corner and old town is 10-15min walk away. Do not bother paying for parking as you can also park in the nearby streets (eg on Paseo Limonar).

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

I couldn't find another hotel in centre, I paid 100$ and the room had spider webs on the lamps, no remote control, dust on the floor behind the table, moved it to charge the phone and was disgusted. Humidity stains on the wall and ceiling, the wooden door and the floor skirting were damaged and chipped. I have been in other 3 stars that seemed 4. I guess here they gave me the worst room ever. I slept a few hours only, to go to the airport. Stayed dressed. I have the pictures but won't post them, will send in pvt if needed.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Room key system as I am used to swipe card in other hotels. Bit unfortunate that the recent storm affected the lift in hotel

Room warm and comfortable for time of year. A bit outdated, i.e, large room key having to hand in each time leaving hotel and waiting at reception to collect, no bell on reception to alert staff. Lift not working one day, especially when on fourth floor. Breakfast would have been welcome in the cost.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

The property is in a very good condition, the staff is friendly and helpful. Just a few steps away from the seaside! The city can be reached by a 20 minutes walk.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Not the hotel's fault but we found our room at the front of the hotel very noisy as the road outside is busy with buses and cars and motor bikes. The shower head in our bathroom was old style and did not give a good spray.

Staff members were very kind when an emergency occurred

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Staff could have been a little more attentious, given people often arrive late at night from multi-country flights. Far fom the airport. It could have been closer to train, bus stations.

I was there for just one night. Comfortable hotel. Nice toiletry. Located in a very touristic region. Close to several nice restaurants. More than adequate to wait for the next flight.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

This is not a big thing but was a bit annoying - there was no information in the room. I had to ask at reception for breakfast times, the prices for the mini bar, the number to use to get an outside line only to be told you can't phone out you can only phone reception but they list a telephone as part of the amenities. They don't tell you the check out time - you have to ask. There was a third bed in the room that we didn't require and it cut the space down considerably. Unfortunately we had a room at the back /side and the balcony looked out at a wall but I'm sure there are better rooms. There was no water one morning - outwith their control presumably but there was no apology. Comfortable enough hotel and nice breakfast but can't see us going back.

Great location very near the beach and some good spanish restaurants. Right on a bus route. The bedding was good and there was lots of hot water.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Hotel was in a nice location, staff friendly, looked at 2 rooms, took the one the man on reception recommended, both receptionist spoke English, which is good for me, good for buses, overall good, no negatives

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Only a small gripe, but no English tv in the rooms, but I was out most of the time, but great wi fi,

Lovely little hotel, 30 mtrs to the beach, I lived like one of the locals, and my 3 night break worked out very cheap by eating in local restaurants ( great Argentinan across the road) staff warm and friendly, and happy to help with anything

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Shower door broke and i told reception but nothing was done One day room was not cleaned When I told reception I was given another room

Staff are good and helpul

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The only thing missing was a kettle in the room, just so we could make a hot drink with our own coffee and tea now and then There was a fridge in the room The balcony with a couple of chairs and a table was really great facing the sun and sea Breakfast was excellent, fresh and a wide selection there was also a hotel staff member on duty to keep everything tidy and replenished

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Breakfast set-up; the woman would replenish plates of the buffet-style food after they were empty, leaving staples such as egg, bacon and brown bread deficient for some time. Woman was mainly sour-faced, never gave a greeting and was only efficient, I thought, when getting the guests' room number. Sound and noises from other guests traveled and was a disturbance at 3am.

Friendly and most helpful reception staff

Reception staff not forthcoming with information about the area or facilities. Bathroom fittings tired but clean

Great view of the sunrise over the sea from the balcony, comfy bed. Wide range of local restaurants within 5mins walk, plenty of low cost, street parking outside the hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Shutters didn't work and when I asked about this I was told it was the same in all the rooms, they were old and needed renewing. I have stayed here most winters over the last 10 years or so and this is the first time the facilities were less than perfect.

Welcoming staff, comfortable bed, quiet.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Triple Room with Balcony

If you have a biggish car, check out the underground car park before you drive into it. It's a challenge.

The staff were friendly, helpful and spoke good English. The rooms were neat and clean. The beach is very close and the wonderful city centre is a two minute taxi ride away.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

accommodation on a higher floor as requested and tea and coffee facilities in room.

Lovely accommodation for the money, with a short walk to the beach and city centre

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The parking garage of the hotel is suitable only for really small cars. We sadly found out when we were already at the hotel with our middle class car, so we had to park in a public parking 1km away, recommended by the staff. The receptionist told us that it would cost aprox. 16 Euros (4 Euros more than in the hotel). However, it turned out to cost 24 Euros! The staff has to know this, if they recommend that spot! We felt cheated and lied to. When we tried to explain our disappointment to the staff at the hotel in a constructive way, they replied in a defensive manner, only that it was not their fault, without any apology. This really soured our stay.

The room was very comfortable and clean. The location of the hotel is also quite good with a 5 minute walk to the beach. The city center is approx. 2km away (reachable on foot or by bus).

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Triple Room with Balcony

The building is old-fashioned and hallways smell like places closed for a long time. Breakfast room is close to the garage (at least, close the access door to the garage!)

The position of the hotel is perfect, either you want to visit the city center or go to the beach. Staff is friendly and always available.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Don't have any negative comments.

Perfect location. We walked everywhere from this quaint boutique hotel. Our room was quiet, very clean and comfortable. Staff very attentive. Would definetly stay here again!rev web