Reviews of Maciá Condor 4 stars

Avenida Constitución 6, 18012 Granada, Spain

#102 of 119 hotels in Granada

The location is great, the staff is friendly and very nice.
    • Double or Twin Room

The walls are so thin, we could hear our neighbors snoring, taking bath/shower, and talking. It was very hard to sleep when you can hear people coming and going from their rooms during the night. I am not a light sleeper, but I didn't get a good night rest at in during the four nights I spent there.

The location is great, the staff is friendly and very nice. The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable.

It was ok but expensive because of the cost of parking.
    • Double or Twin Room

One light did not work. The mattress was thin and noisy.You did not tell us that the parking fee was 20 euros,if we had known we probably would not have booked the hotel.

the location

Great location and great staff!
    • Double or Twin Room

My room was next to elevator shaft. Stay away from that! Also if possible stay on the back side of the hotel. The room can be noisy at night when the revelers are out. The only important reason for my slightly lower ratings is that all I wanted was a great night sleep before catching an early flight and that was not accomplished.

Great location and great staff!

I was delighted to be able to attend the Five Senses Spa. The hamman baths were amazing .
    • Double or Twin Room with Spa Access

The use of the spa and making reservations for the use was not clear . Also the description of the spa facilities was not known until we were actually there

The use of the the Five Senses Spa was included in our stay

Practical hotel smack in the centre.
    • Double or Twin Room with Spa Access

Breakfast: choice was ample, but presentation mediocre. Not a very pleasant breakfast room. Noise: walls seem paper-thin, so you do get a lot of interference from neighboring rooms and the corridor.

Unbeatable location. Great to have a little terrace overlooking Avenida de la Constitución. The room itself is quite comfortable, especially the bathroom.

Great location but needs updating
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There was a horrible smell coming from the bathroom, smell was so strong I could not be in there more than 2 min. Also family rooms are interior so no natural lighting and views are of walls or into other rooms. The rooms need updating. Felt claustrophobic due to layout of the family room. Asked to change but nothing available, not the staff fault.

Location was the reason I booked and the fact that it had family rooms. The beds were comfortable. Staff was pleasant.

Weekend break
    • Double or Twin Room with Parking

The hot food selection of the breakfast counter could have been warmer but don't let it put you off. This is an observation. Not a complaint

Good location. Main tourist areas including The Alhambra are within walking distance. Good breakfast. The waiter was constantly topping up the different dishes. Hot and cold buffet. Private underground car park which is worth pre booking as it is much cheaper than the municipal car park across the road. Staff very friendly and helpful. There are bars and restaurants close by and the tapas bars of the Albaicin are within easy reach

Good if you need to take an early flight. Idatzi not, there is better options. A bit out to date.
    • Double or Twin Room

Carpet all over the place. Hot water takes 5 about 5 minutes ro start. It was 4 o'clock... But 5 minutes!

Excelent location to catch the airport bus.

Tolerable .
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

The room was not as described in the literature and the maintenance could be a lot better. We were offered a move to another hotel at a later date, but, as this meant packing up half way through our stay we elected to stay put. Air conditioning is heating in winter months and cooling in summer. No temperature controls were evident in the room. We asked for and eventually received a kettle to make tea/coffee.The restaurant was only open to all for breakfast, only opening in the evening for tour guests of which there appeared to be many.

Staff were very helpful.

Very Satisfactory
    • Double or Twin Room

Very friendly supportive staff, who allowed us to check in on the morning of our arrival & provided assistance for my wife who had been affected by motion sickness. Very helpful with parking & luggage, when we were departing by car.

Location was great
    • Double or Twin Room with Parking

Photos showed an outdoor pool but it was actually within the hotel in a courtyard and the size of the pool was really small

The services and area was impeccable.

Nice stay
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The space was narrow. The toilet: I had to sit side-ways. The cool air: falling straight down on one of the beds.

The bed was fine to sleep in. The cooling from the aircondition was effective. The shower was fine (the weather was hot).

Staff were very friendly and welcoming.
    • Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning in the room was very poor. Does not operate unless you are in the room with the key in the electricity slot. Very hot time of year, did not sleep at all.

Staff were very friendly and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Disapointing place
    • Double or Twin Room

Sorry to say but it was not a 4* hotel which most of the guests would expect. Very old decor, rooms not renovated for many years, noise from the pipes or aircon. As complained for above , staff gave a new room knowing that they can not defend the complain. Suggested discount but they only smiled naively saying that this is not the hotel policy. Not good enough problem solving as you would expect from 4* I would suggest to avoid this place

Amazing Location
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is amazing. Bus stop front of the Hotel door as well as a stop for the airport shuttle. It cost 2.9 Eros to go to the airport. the room was clean and had a nice terrace. The staff were helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Staff were helpful, we asked about flamenco shows are they...
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were helpful, we asked about flamenco shows are they were able to organise for a guide to pick us up the same evening and take us to see an amazing flamenco show in the Sacramonte caves, we paid 30euros each and it was well worth it. We were very appreciative of the hotel organising it at such little notice. Room was clean, the air con was a relief, and the centre of Granada is within walking distance. Only slight issue was when we checked out at 6am, we couldn't find anyone at reception, despite having told them the day before that we would be leaving at this time in order to catch a train. We eventually found someone after searching the hotel, but just as well we left with plenty of time to spare...

Big balcony and comfortable beds, as well as spacious...
    • Double or Twin Room

Light was lacking in the room

Big balcony and comfortable beds, as well as spacious bathroom are definitely an advantage. The hotel is easily accessible by public transport and is situated close to city center and restaurantes (~15 minutes walk). Personnel is very hospitable and friendly .

Not easy to find
    • Double or Twin Room

Temperatures required us to open the windows but OHHH was it loud with all the construction going on around the hotel. Very loud area. We were not able to escape loud conversations and yelling at night and construction during the day.

Location was close to the City Center and within walking distance to Plaza Mayor and other key areas. Room was simple--just beds and small side tables. Cafe next door was great. Cost of stay was appropriate.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Great place, excellent value for money!
    • Double or Twin Room

if there was some coffee in the room it'd be even more perfect...other than that, nothing to complain about!

Excellent, they checked us in 2 hours early, kept our luggage for many hours after we'd checked out and had a very nice personal touch/small town feel despite being a really nice (on the fancier side) hotel....great value for money! wonderful staff, helped us with printouts too and were very nice about everything! the airport bus stops right outside

Good value with convenient location
    • Double or Twin Room with Parking

The vending fridge at coridor was too noisy when cooling which was audible in the room throught the thin door. Breakfast - no fresh vegetables, too much sugar in juices. Although very clean the bathroom had sometimes a bad smell possibly coming out of the floor sink hole.

Very clean room and bathroom. Great location close to Albayzin and shopping district. Helpful staff. Safe private parking. Nice view from street-facing room balcony. Good windows so the street noise was not an issue at night. Delicious bread rolls for breakfast.

blacklisted
    • Double or Twin Room

the room was absolutelly not like the pictures posted in booking.com. Depending on the rooms you have the conversations of you neighbors rooms or the water flush of bathrooms. the canteen looks like ... no words. It is a do-it yourself without fresh food. The breakfast is fully industrial made. Queue can be long at reception to be served and expect low support.

The reception guys are helpful.

Good place for trip to Granada with English speaking stuff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only 1 power socket in room. Access to roof patio is in other hotel.

Fast internet contention. Friendly english speaking stuff. Perfect location for walking trips.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Ok

Could not eat at restaurant. Only group bookings aloud. A light in my mum's bedroom fell and just missed her smashing on the floor. The maid left our room door wide open while we were out..... not good

The staff and manager were fantastic and did every thing they could to make our stay palatable.. would not stay there again but we still had a great holiday and the alhambra was worth it lovely city

Horrible experience. Never again in this hotel!

The room had a bad smell. Probably from the carpet. But since the bathroom smelled a lot worst after exiting the bathroom the room smell wasn't that bad! It's all relative! The bed was in bad shape and the mattress seemed like I was going to win the millionth customer that slept on it award! The soundproof of the room is horrible. You can hear everything from the road and the next rooms. I was lucky to have a room at the fifth floor, but I could hear people laughing at the streets and everything that happens in the baths and rooms near me. Second day I left the room around 9 in the morning and put the "clean the room" sign. When I returned at 2 the sign was still there and the room unclean. I asked when they will come, since I need some rest, and they told me "we don't know, but until 3 they finish". Therefore, I waited without sleep and no-one came! Last day I had to check out at 5 in the morning to catch my flight. I asked if I could pay the bill the night before, since I needed an invoice with my company's details and I was told that this is only possible on check-out and not before. During the check out I was told that “it is impossible to change the invoice now” and the invoice only had my name! I complained but without success, since I had to leave. I gave the person in the reception my credit card and he told me that he has the options to pay in Euros, US dollars or British Pound and of course I told him Euros. He pressed British pounds! I saw it and told him, “No pounds, please and cancel it”, but ignored me once again and he just gave me the receipt in British pounds and after my complains he told me “no, no, this is just the information”. I connected to my bank account and showed him that the charge was +9,79 euros extra due to his error and he told me “do you want to call you a taxi”!!! So I had used a Euro credit card for an invoice in euros and they charge me in British Pounds!

The breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Overall the experience was very enjoyable!!
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The breakfast was nice however I would have liked to taste more fresh products of Spain.

To be honest, the whole experience of the hotel was fantastic! I would have liked a swimming pool however I understand you can't have everything in life. The staff were friendly and I felt safe and secure. The lifts were helpful as the stairs were steep.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

crypt for hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

window in the room was not attached to frame and leaking air the 25 dollar for garage was a waste . it was so hard to get in and out elevator was small and you have to go through several steps before coming to lobby the heating was bad and my wife got cold the hotel was a crypt

the staff

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Made to feel right at home 😊
    • Double or Twin Room

A warm welcome staff made you feel right at home and great info on the area Will always stay here and easy to get around from here. All transport close by

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Good value for money (we paid 55€/night).
    • Double or Twin Room with Spa Access

Poor noise isolation from traffic noise (even on 6th floor you could hear busses and cars all the night)

Good value for money (we paid 55€/night). Good location (but not central). 15' walk from main areas.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

One of the guys at the front desk was not very helpful. He made us feel like we were interrupting him and keeping him from doing something more important than assisting guests.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Comfortable hotel, close to railway station

Air conditioning would not cool room enough. Small room but adequate for one person. Not enough power points. Close to elevator so quite noisy at times.

Close to Granada station (10 mins walk), and about 15 mins from the main squares of the city which lead to the cathedral and Alhambra. Nicely furnished room. Excellent breakfast. Numerous eating options nearby. Good Wi-Fi. Helpful reception desk staff.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

The beds were very comfortable and the rooms very clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

I have been visiting the Macia Condor on many occasions but it is regrettable that the reception staff has become less friendly and helpful over the years. Surely, the staff are the 'face' of the hotel and friendliness, helpfulness and warmth are essential in the running of a good hotel and do not add to the hotel's overheads.

The beds were very comfortable and the rooms very clean. I like the location of the Macia Condor as it is very central.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Big rooms good location
    • Double or Twin Room

The idea of having the control for the air con in a different room to the actual air con

The location and parking really secure although you pay for it . The size of the rooms and bathroom

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Location easy to get to for car.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was old. Not worthy of 4 star rating. Bit cramped. Reception in morning on checkout non responsive

Location easy to get to for car.

Excellent hotel

Excellent location, great staff. Very clean. Feels luxurious. Nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Decent

Nice

Staff

Good
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Little bit old

Good

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The room which has 3 single bed is too small. No double bed, only singel beds are avaliable.

Good location near the center on foot .
    • Double or Twin Room

Good location near the center on foot .Comfortable, good breakfast,staff friendly and helpful.

Wounderfull experience of Easter Processions and local bars and restaurants.
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

Staff very good,garage assistant excellent. Location ideal for the centre.

Reception staff good
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was poor condition. Bathroom poor condition and room in need of repair and decoration. Dirty

Reception staff good

Every things.

Every things. Amazing staff

Clean room with very comfortable bed, great views and a good...

Bar wasn't open at 12:30 for night cap ! 😩

Clean room with very comfortable bed, great views and a good size bath!!!

Good location nice room very good breakfast. Would stay there again

Comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast with plenty of choice.

It was very comfortable and great location.
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

It was very comfortable and great location.

Excellent staff

Heating is poor

Excellent staff

- helpful staff

- helpful staff - nice, big room

Everything was wonderful.

Can't think of anything.

Everything was wonderful.

Excellent few days away
    • Double or Twin Room with Parking

The cooked breakfast was not hot enough,m but overall breakfast was very good with plenty of choice.

Staff were excellent

It’s was good experience
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

I like to say about gm the have very small gm only one bike and running 🏃‍♂️ I give to gm from 10 only one😥

No thanks

Very easy to reach from the airport.
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms on the main road are noisy but at the back very quiet.

Very easy to reach from the airport. Nice room and friendly staff.

Fantastic value
    • Double or Twin Room

Extra comfy bed, great terrace, nice central heating and a surprising good bathtub!

Nice place
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

Very nice hotel with good location and even bus stop from airport is at entrance of hotel.

Comfortable bed.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was a bit of a walk - 15-20 min to the start of the historic section.

Comfortable bed. Nice room. We got a great price.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Room was quite good and huge for one small family, nice location and closer to the city and public transport

Overall very convenient ..desk staff very polite

Dining room and bar

Close to historical district and cathedral

All staff were helpefull ,special thanks to Mr kim from the...
    • Double or Twin Room

All staff were helpefull ,special thanks to Mr kim from the reception he was always wellcoming ,smiling and do his best to help the guests

We enjoyed our stay the place were just a few minutes from the city center and tourist places.
    • Double or Twin Room

We didn't like noise from the street but over all we enjoyed our stay.

The aircondition worked very well and the bed is comfy.

Nothing special but good price and location, very nice staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Good hotel for the price, location close to city centre. Good for one night and a very nice park very close

Enjoyed Granada very much and the hotel was an integral part of that trip
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Dreadful shower - no water flow and seldom hot

Location, quiet, clean

I can safely recommend this hotel to my friends

The gentleman at the reception was fluentin english

Quality of room and soooo close to bus station.

AC needs boost

Quality of room and soooo close to bus station.

Nice place to stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Air condition could be better

Location is very close to city center

Helpful staff and parking on site but at a cost.
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

No genius perks at all. Fridge in room did not work and situated on a very busy road

Helpful staff and parking on site but at a cost.

Great breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The aircon was not cold enough, the exhaust fan in the bathroom was not working

The breakfast was very good, the location near to albayzin

A pleasant experience
    • Double or Twin Room with Parking

Dirty plates and cutlery at breakfast and the attitude of one of the morning waiters

The gentleman at front of house was excellant

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

THE LOCATION
    • Double or Twin Room

THE HOTEL NEEDS UPDATING , AS OUR ROOM DID SMELL SLIGHTLY OF STALE CIGARETTES. BUT BED SHEETS AND TOWELS WERE CLEAN.

THE LOCATION

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Price

Old hotel

Price

Elegant place to stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Couldn't stay more days...

Great staff, day or night, 24/7...

There are very limited on AC plug.
    • Double or Twin Room

There are very limited on AC plug.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Definitely not a **** hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

First of all phonic insulation was none , breakfast poor

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Good Location
    • Double or Twin Room

Walking distance to the main railway station and all attractions. Clean and well appointed

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

comfortable.

Tub a bit slippery.

comfortable.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Great!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Television couldnt be changed to English

Staff were very helpful and parking was excellent!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Not the most comfortable accomodation

Not very comfortable beds or rooms Tv broken Strong smell of smoke

Nothing really stands out

• Reviewed: 8 April 2016

The lovely spacious room with the balcony and view of the...

The shower was a bit strange, wouldn't stay straight and kept flooding the floor.

The lovely spacious room with the balcony and view of the old town with the snow on the mountains! We were travelling by bus so it was so handy for the bus station and also the centre. No noise at all from other rooms which is great!

There are also 40 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.