Reviews of Magnolia Hotel - Adults Only This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Madrid , 8, 43840 Salou, Spain

#3 of 45 hotels in Salou

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

Better than expected, with the sun shining through - you really feel like you're in luxury
    • Double or Twin Room

The only thing I can think of is that the food options for here weren't great, a vending machine on each floor with some light snacks or drinks, or tea/coffee facilities in the rooms would be ideal - Nespresso Machine's are a hit for me at any place I stay. Sometime's when you wake up - before you face the world you want a quiet coffee in your room. My room could have been a tiny bit cleaner - (it was by no means not clean) just dust on skirting boards and behind/underneath furniture had been missed - that's just a peeve of mine however.

The hotel in general seemed modern and well thought out. There were so many options for just entertaining yourself there alone, the pool area is wonderful. It's a short walk from a few lovely cafe's and restaurants and of course - the beach . The night staff in particular were so friendly - I never got the man's name who was on duty during my stay, but he was brilliant and helpful with my late night check in and recommending places nearby.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Great Hotel & Really Clean
    • Double or Twin Room

The Wi-Fi could have been a bit better as you couldn't get a signal sitting on the balcony.

It was pieceful and relaxing. All areas were clean. The room was big and the beds were really comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Room & balcony - huge & quiet.
    • Double or Twin Room

Toilet wouldn't flush more than once, even after 3 attempts to repair it in one afternoon/evening. No bidet. No evening game of billiards -the games room was locked at 8pm so they could prepare it for a conference the next day. The 'light' evening meal was a mediocre buffet.

Room & balcony - huge & quiet. Bed - enormous & very comfortable. Shower - excellent. Breakfast - very good, despite the coffee. Staff - pleasant.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Dining room was dreary but attentive and helpful staff

Spacious air conditioned room with balcony. Convenient location with private on site parking. An ideal stop over on our journey.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Well above our exspectations.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing to complain about.

Excellent bedroom. The best shower we have ever used. Location very good, Reception staff most helpfull. Avery good hotel. A very clean hotel. Excellent value.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

VERY GOOD LOCATION , VERY GOOD BREAKFAST , HUGE ROOM AND...
    • Double or Twin Room

NO KETTLE , YOU HAVE TO PAY ( AT A 4 STARS HOTEL ) FOR THE SAFE BOX , WI-FI IS A DISASTER .

VERY GOOD LOCATION , VERY GOOD BREAKFAST , HUGE ROOM AND BATHROOM

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

On arriving we had to be moved to a better room, as we had...
    • Double or Twin Room

On arriving we had to be moved to a better room, as we had booked a sea view and the only way you could see the sea was from balcony. Room is large, Bed massive, and huge shower room, BUT I would NOT stay here again. No Bar open at anytime, So couldnt even get a coffee when we returned in the evening

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Thank you Alex and rest of the crew!

Breakfast a bit repetitive but you can’t blame them but it was still good.

The customer service was absolutely amazing especially from Alex at reception. He was always happy to help and always made it easy on us. Plus the other staff were also very pleasant. The location was top notch, they beds were amazing and i loved how it was kept clean.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

The location and the quiet, laid back ambiance of the hotel and environs.
    • Double or Twin Room

The noisy snorers next door.

There were no noisy children. The buffet meals were satisfactory and value for money. The staff were very pleasant and we were made very welcome.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Excellent in every way

The rain...

Great large room and the largest showers in Europe. Nice wood floors and balconies with chairs. Very friendly staff, easy check in and out. Close to the beach and restaurants.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Nice bedroom, nice bathroom, it was very confortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was making quite a lot of noise :( we heard too much of what happened outside on the street and in the other room ... The sound isolation is not good at all. Regarding the breakfast, I found that there was not enough choice, you could always asked to have some egg cooked in the kitchen but I thibnk it would be better if there was a chief in the room cooking pancakes, churros, eggs etc

Nice bedroom, nice bathroom, it was very confortable. It is quite a modern room and it looks nice. Otherwise the staff was really nice and welcoming. I haven't tried the Spa so I can not tell. And there are some game like pool, table tennis which is nice during the evening to play.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2018

Really nice hotel in a very quiet town..
    • Double or Twin Room

It’s more a question of Salou closing down for the winter. About 90% of bars and restaurants were closed which I can understand but was a bit of a surprise compared to resorts further south. I’m sure this hotel thrives in the summer when everything is open. Parking on site for a small charge was a bonus as was the room upgrade for a very small fee. We didn’t try the spa facilities which looked good as we were just passing through.

Hotel was very clean and staff were very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

Room is confortable

Chek in was very long ... more than 30min The receptionist was not professional he has to to ask somebody on the phone about what he should do

Room is confortable

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Lovely
    • Double or Twin Room

The night staff puffing and blowing due to waiting for me to find my bank details. Husband did not like breakfast poor choices.

The hotel staff very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2017

Ok stay even if didn't slept much...
    • Double or Twin Room

The worst for me was the noise. I've been unlucky enough to have neighbours awake until 5:00 every morning and making a great mess. The wall of the room are like paper so it's really difficult to miss a thing... That was my real problem I think cause I was there for work and I couldn't sleep. This has been a real nightmare. Some people of the staff were exceptionally kind and others exceptionally unkind and not professional. So, 50/50. No parking

The size of the rooms The comfortable bed Very nice bathroom Clean rooms Safe place Hotel very close to the city center and the beach. Really want to say thank you to the night reception guy. He was really helpful and kind and I really appreciated that. I think it's the first time I have somebody trying to help everybody like he did. Really professional person.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Absolutely gorgeous hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel bar was closed the week we were there, doesn't really matter but would have been nice.

Lovely breakfast, rooms stunning and staff welcoming.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

The staff was courteous, food very good +++

The room was unclean upon arrival, dust on furniture and sand and dust on the floor, we asked for a cleaning but it took two days to get the room clean, had to go twice to get it done. A very bad smell was in the room and came a while all the time while we were. They put up scents in the room, but it did not work well.

The staff was courteous, food very good +++

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

Love Spain and the Spanish. X
    • Double or Twin Room

Pool was small and the gym was tiny! They had a games room that felt cold because they did not leave pool cues and balls, etc out for people to use. Leave it out and people will use the room more!

Staff, cleaners and managers were all polite and welcoming and had a good sense of humour.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2017

Great location but this is not a 4 star hotel.

We booked a Superior room which are all situated on the 3rd, 4th and 5th floors. Upon check in we were given room 211, and we were assured that this was also a superior room. Given the fact we had no sea view, I don't understand how this could be classed as a Superior room. In addition, the fitness room didn't open until 10am, which was too late; the pool bar that was meant to be open 24hours was not open at all during our stay.

The bed was large and comfortable, the pool area was good with chill out tunes all day long.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Close to the beach,

Reception staff not very friendly through out, no hellos etc. & always felt it was more geared towards Spanish tourists as much more friendly towards them. Bad smell from shower upon arrival and occasionally through out stay, Had booked large double bed but told on arrival not available ask next morning, next morning told tough, we cannot guarantee what people get, not huge issue for me but would have been terrible if partner was with me! Wi-Fi was very poor and unstable, not even YouTube let alone Netflix €5 euro extra a night for safety deposit box in your room is a rip off

Close to the beach, Bar staff very pleasant, Spa small but massage & staff excellent Adult only idea is excellent but could have done with more activity in the evening, nice when film was on. Also had a good games room but always left with lights off?

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

Very relaxing as adults only - nice quiet pool and great rooms.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no drinks at all provided with the half board option which was disappointing. Could have done with sun shades around the pool. The gym was a cross trainer, bike and a stepper, the treadmill was broken, no mats, very hot.

The rooms were large and very comfy, amazing bathrooms and good air con. Fridge in room but no tea or coffee making facilities.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

Good hotel, near to beach. Quiet with large bedrooms and comfy beds.

Gym was poorly equipped and maintained and only open for a few hours a day. Evening menu had great buffet and deserts but main course selection could have been more varied. Car park quite small and you can't book so be prepared to fight for a place on the street which you have to pay for between 10am and 2pm and 5pm and 10pm

Breakfast was great. Good location near to the beach. Bedrooms we're big with huge, comfy beds. Large bathrooms, good toiletries

• Reviewed: August 11, 2017

Average

The bar is small, outside and not always open when one expects it to be. Generally staff require hospitality training (Reception, bar staff) with the exception of a few who have excellent skills. I was shouted at by a cleaner who knocked on our room door asking if we needed her to clean the room. I explained that the do not disturb sign was on the door, therefore, thanked her but she did not need to clean today. I was shouted at again. Although clean, the rooms (based on the one we stayed in) are looking a bit tired. We have stayed several times, this year the hotel did not feel as polished in operation or general appearance.

Adults only, location, cleanliness, comfort. This hotel is adults only, a joy for an adults only holiday. It is quiet around the pool during the day without any annoying poolside entertainment. This hotel is very clean and with an extra large bed is very comfortable. The Magnolia is a short walk from the beach and some very good Spanish restaurants.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2017

Great facility near the sea
    • Double or Twin Room

There is no anything really bad about the whole facility. The only disadvantage (if you deem it so) was the bathroom because when I switched the shower at max, I feared the drainage system could fail and water could spill outside the bathroom after some time. But it could only be my fear =))

Decent 4 stars. Big spacy and what is important clean room, well-qualified stuff; not big, but comfy swimming pool and SPA (for no additional cost), great dinners and good breakfasts. There is also a tourist stand in the lobby which could be really helpful for those not really knowing where to go. Furthermore, the stuff at the reception can provide some helpful leaflets (we got a map of Tarragona, but they also give leaflets of bus tours if you need it). The sea is 5 min away and the place is easy to see from the beach (thanks to the logo at the roof). Definitely stay here again and recommend it to everyone.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2017

The hotel's disadvantages
    • Double or Twin Room

We ordered a room with a king size bed, but in fact we had two beds placed next to each other, as if it was one bed. And it was very uncomfortable for the back and every morning we experienced back pain. The hotel staff never greeted us each time we passed by.

• Double or Twin Room

Rough, unpleasant staff. My room was not cleaned until I made a comment. Once I gave the clothes to dry cleaners, refused to return until I went to the room for payment. Constant tense atmosphere with the staff. I travel a lot (15 countries in 2017), but I did not feel such rude attitude even in North Korea! I advise you never to come to this hotel! I'm never again !!!

A lot of shops around

Not far from the sea
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff is always trying to cheat with the price of the room. They say that your category of the room you booked not available, but you need to pay extra and you will get better room ! Cheating constantly! My car was kicked out of the parking at night after my car was there all the day long. NO PLACE FOR YOU CAR ! i was said ))))) I called the police! Horrible hotel !

Not far from the sea

• Reviewed: June 25, 2017

Good pool.

Not stable and slow WiFi. Not best food. Really want more difference in food variety. And bad dinners.

Good pool. Very nice location. I think one of best choices for couple bcs hotel only for adults and no children.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2017

Enjoyed our stay overall but with little effort could have been a lot better.

No actual bar in hotel, reception got whatever you wanted but no guests around as no bar and no atmosphere. Website shows poolside/cocktail bar but never open. Problem with bad smell of drains in room on several occasions - so bad couldn't be in the room until resolved. Disappointing for a 4* hotel.

Good breakfast lots to choose from and all good, restaurant staff very helpful. Spacious room with large bed and sofa, veranda and side view of sea. Good location for getting around, either on foot or public transport. Lots of shops, bars and restaurants all to hand.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2017

Perfect place for short or long stay in great location with very large room and bathroom.
    • Double or Twin Room

The signposting of the hotel is poor. Drove twice in front without seeing it-:(

The room was very large with a very large bathroom. Had a nice buffet at night for dinner and the breakfast buffet was quite nice too. Friendly staff and good location ; one block away from the beach. Really recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2017

good bed (huge!
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing really... Parking not easy if you want to park on the street. Maybe the wifi - i have problem with my work laptop in certain hotels. This was one of them :)

good bed (huge!), room size cannot be better, nice location and the balcony. Staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

Great location but what a pity for the smell

A sewer smell from the bathroom was actually unconfortable. Hot room (air conditioning didn't work).

Excellent location, good balcony, kind staff, good solarium area, good breakfast

• Reviewed: April 12, 2017

Good selection of food at breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

Bad smell of drains in room. A/C not operating only heating working. Hot water not always available in shower. Would like tea making facilities in room (4star ?)

Good selection of food at breakfast Room large

• Reviewed: March 25, 2017

I did not use wifi, spa or business centre.
    • Double or Twin Room

The spa opening hours very limited

I did not use wifi, spa or business centre. Staff very kind and helpful. Big room and a beig comfy bed. Good location

• Reviewed: February 8, 2017

uncomfortable night. restaurant closed

Cheap or old beds, poor nights sleep. restaurant closed in winter but recommended local restaurant. probably wouldn't come back.

Good location, clean and modern hotel. watched the starlings early morning fly over in their thousands, stunning view.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2017

On arrival, the first thing you notice is the pleasant aroma...

The shower water was barely warm, which was disappointing

On arrival, the first thing you notice is the pleasant aroma around the lobby. This modern hotel is well equipped and has a pleasant friendly atmosphere. The room and the bed was huge, we loved the bathroom. The restaurant was closed, ( we stayed in January) and there was a long walk to find somewhere open, but apart from that we enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2017

Always a pleasant stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Very nice hotel of great standing with very big and comfortable rooms with balcony. It's always a very pleasant stay: you feel like at home. The staff is very nice. Internet WIFI free and good breakfast. Very quiet location close to the sea. It's possible to park in the streets nearby. Very good value for money.

• Reviewed: December 31, 2016

Good for a summer stay. During winter season better not.

The sink in the bathroom was totally messy so the water could not flow. The rooms were cold and no heating available. The SPA has too much people and not enough space. No place for changing clothes except the toilet. Very unlikely experience.

The location is brilliant. Close to the beach but still free parking available around the hotel.

• Reviewed: October 28, 2016

Close to the beach.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff was cranky and look like they didn't even want to be there. Roms was not sound proff enofh . So could hear to many private thins from other roms. Felt depressing when you came in to the reseption and the halls, look like they was trying to save electricity and light bulbs. Was dark and sad look like they wasent open.

Close to the beach.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2016

Don't go out of season😱

Cleaners don't understand the do not disturb sign, for someone with insomnia who needs to nap where possible it's annoying to get that knock!! Walls are paper thin can hear people above below and either side!! Cleaners like to bang beds against wall when cleaning with no care for guests in other room! Would prob be an ok hotel in the summer but on booking we were not told there was no bar or food other than breakfast...... not great when it's raining all week, I felt sorry for some of the older residents who didn't want to venture out!! Only English to channels were the news

Rooms lovely size and clean! Great location for everything from beach to bars, puertoventura only 20 min walk! Wifi I found good if u used the one device at a time rule.....was a lifesaver for Netflix etc when raining

• Reviewed: October 19, 2016

Overall good but simple improvements would make it a lot better.

Some staff not helpful. No coffee making facilities in room. Breakfast could be a lot better. Coffee machine coffee not good at all.

Some staff excellen. Location Good. Shower in rooms excellent.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2016

Room facilities was good and breakfast staff plesent and...

Spa opening hours where evening only the whole group would have used this facility if it was open during the day. No bar or mid day snacks available due to off season but payed high season price for rooms.

Room facilities was good and breakfast staff plesent and helpful

• Reviewed: October 18, 2016

Rooms are big and nice.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast staff not very friend.

Rooms are big and nice. Tiny gym but its alright. Reception staff very nice! Good breakfast. Location is good as well.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2016

Perfect Salou location. Stylish and comfortable Hotel.

The décor is a bit "minimalist" for my taste. A bit more colour might help.

The bed was huge! Lots of room for sprawling. Also loads of space in the showers and dressing room. Plenty of cupboard space and the optional safe is a good idea.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2016

Don't belive all you read in the brochure /online about the hotel. If you just want a bed it's. Ok

No information in room about hotel and Salou. No bar or snacks. Smell of tobacco smoke in room. No tea or coffee facilities in room. Breakfast was a free for all with only one machine to supply tea, coffee and hot water for 20 to 30guests in dinning room at same time. Only English TV programmes. Was the news.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2016

Passing through, just where we wanted to be.
    • Double or Twin Room

I'm not a fussy eater but twice we've been and the food is, let's say not for us, the fat would have been nice with a bit of bacon on it too.

The room was lovely and nice comfy bed,

• Reviewed: October 1, 2016

I have stayed at The Magnolia Hotel for 3 years now and it would still be my first choice to stay.

Breakfast was not included in the price this year. Cost of safe for the week. Wifi connection very poor.

Easy access to everything/places that we wanted to go. Staff always very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2016

Excellent hotel in excellent location.

Nothing to dislike.

Excellent location with a short walk to the beach and promenade with many eateries. Hotel was very clean and the room was excellent, breakfast was definitely worth it and the staff friendly. Recommended.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2016

Excellent & comfortable hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Lack of information in the room and how the air conditioning only worked when all the doors were closed, no English TV channel , or if there was no information on how to access it.. Also the room safe could only be used if the room card key is activated, fortunately s previous review advised this, and I asked the receptionist to do this when I was checking in. Breakfast was very good maybe a toasting facility in the breakfast restaurant would be benifical to guests. Great hotel nice location will use again.

Large and comfortable room, big bonus that it was quiet, clean and tidy with a large and spacious shower room.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2016

Had a great stay 🙂

Breakfast not great 😕

Myself & husband stayed here for a week,room was excellent cleaned every day and when we had a lie on which was most days because of how quite the hotel is the cleaner came back, great location & reception staff 👌

• Reviewed: July 26, 2016

Nice enough hotel but wouldn't recommend the resort.

Supposed to be free Wifi available but the signal is extremely poor. The pool bar closed in the afternoon!! The majority of guests staying at the hotel were very unfriendly!!

Staff at reception friendly.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2016

A very pleasant stay made all the more bearable because it is an adults only hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

An excellent breakfast buffet was served each day with plenty of variety. We were able to sit outside as well which made it very pleasant. No children crying or wanting attention!!

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Loved it.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed was slightly stiff, pool tunes were the same every day.

Really relaxing, clean and friendly... couldn’t beat it.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Habitation y ducha perfectos

Habitation y ducha perfectos

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Great Experience
    • Double or Twin Room

You're a block from the beach. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

Location, comfort, reception top marks
    • Double or Twin Room

excellent location for challenge salou, excellent breakfast, rooms larger than expected, reception staff went out of their way to help.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Last min booking
    • Double or Twin Room

Was alot of banging on the morning

Very clean and the bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

AWFUL sewage-like smell in the room.

AWFUL sewage-like smell in the room.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Could do more to earn it's stars
    • Double or Twin Room

Include tea/coffee making facilities in rooms. Thin well worn towels I find the siding panel in the room very annoying

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Great staff, poor sleep, noise from other rooms disturbing
    • Double or Twin Room

Walls are very thin and you can hear the people either side, talking, snoring, sneaking, coughing, walking, etc

Great Breakfast

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Everything was fine.

Everything was fine. Well maintained room, design, clean room. Big shower. I hope to visit again this nice hotel.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

Just stopped over night on way home
    • Double or Twin Room

Very easy to get too not far from toll road

• Reviewed: January 17, 2018

excelent
    • Double or Twin Room

bed really comfy room spacious, crisp & clean

• Reviewed: November 18, 2017

Great shower.

Poor beds.

Great shower. Big room.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2017

Very plesant

Leaving

The room was huge, very clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: November 2, 2017

Comfy hotel room with large shower room and large bed
    • Double or Twin Room

Spacious room close to beach

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Everything cool.

wi-fi

Everything cool.....but no wi-fi

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

All was good except breakfast

All except breakfast

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Lovely superior room with large bathroom

Lovely superior room with large bathroom

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

Great hotel, will return back.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Pool View

Having to walk through breakfast room to get to the pool.

Location good as near beach free spa hot tub great lovely hotel.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2017

Horrible stay! Horible staff! Never again !
    • Double or Twin Room

Unfriendly stuff ! Stay in this hotel was horrible ! They we trying to taker more money for the room! Never again !

Room was interesting

• Reviewed: June 28, 2017

Tranquilidad

Nada

Tranquilidad

• Reviewed: May 20, 2017

Excellent hotel would return no problem

Wall thickness

Room layout

• Reviewed: May 5, 2017

Friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

5 Euros per night for use of the safe deposit box!

Friendly staff. Excellent location, close to the sea and promenade. Clean rooms.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2017