Reviews of Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona GL 5 stars

Passeig de Gracia, 68, Eixample, 08007 Barcelona, Spain

#79 of 527 hotels in Barcelona

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Perfect location with five star service.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The Majestic is a first class hotel--all of the amenities were present and the staff was uniformly helpful. Definitely contact the concierge for a hard to get reservation! The room was not spacious, but was definitely well appointed.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

The location is perfect, the staff goes out of their way to...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The location is perfect, the staff goes out of their way to be helpful, special thanks to Angel at the Concierge who was always there with excellent suggestions about restaurants and where to visit.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Comfortable Stay and Amazing Staff especially Ms Ariadna .Thank you
    • Executive Deluxe Room

The hotel Staff was really amazing and very friendly especially Miss ARIADNA at the reception who was working 24/7 and with a big smile always very helpfull and cheerfull. Keep it up

We really liked the grandeur anf flair of the hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The walls were very thin. Everytime our neighbour opened the door the door, it smashed very hard. So for the money you pay for one night , it was not relaxing to sleep until 7.00 and be awakening by doors and sreaming kids. It was our first time in Barcelona, because we were married for 22 years and we celebrated that in Barcelona. We really enjoyed the city, and the beach but i will never stay again in Hotel Majestic because of the noise. We went to bed late, and awake for a Sunday at 7.00

We really liked the grandeur anf flair of the hotel. The staff was more than wonderful and very helpful. The upperbar on the rooftop was very pleasant to have a Hemingway cocktail and has a spectacular view. The room was clean, a little bit old fahioned. The bed was smoot and big. But ……………

Fantastic value for money
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The bath tub and the shower cabin could have been cleaner, and there was an issue with the water drainage in the bathroom sinks.

Beautiful, overall clean, very quiet apartment with access to all the services of the hotel.

Great location and very enjoyable city.

None.

I rented an apartment for the family which is in a building across the main street. It's very secure and you get the same hotel services. The appartment is fully equipped, very clean and comfortable. Excellent for a family of four even five.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Staffs were very friendly and helpful!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staffs were very friendly and helpful! The location is SUPER, very safe area walking distance to casa batlo and casa mila! Housekeeping does a very good job. Bell boys are super helpful, we got on a taxi without running meter and the bell boy helped us dealing with the driver. I’d highly recommend everyone to stay there when visiting Barcelona, will return again :)

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Wish we stayed longer
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room service menu was extremely pricey.

The bathroom was lavish. Had a shattaf which is something we are used to but uncommon in Europe. The bathtub was big enough for 2 people :) They provided a universal adaptor for our foreign plugs. The bed was extremely comfortable. It really felt like we were on our honeymoon. Wish we had stayed longer.

The residence apartment where my family of 4 persons staying...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was a TAXI strict in Barcelona during the time we were staying there. I have booked through the hotel a private car for our transportation to airport a day before our departure. At the fixed and confirmed pick up time we found out that our car will have 45 min delay, which could effect our flight from Barcelona. we were told by Hotel to use instead a shuttle bus to airport , which has cost for 4 of us almost the same price (140,- Euro) we had to pay for the private car. I wished Hotel could manage and handle it in a better way and could noticed us early in advance about the delay of our pick up. I am the option that such great hotel like MAGESTIC should not work with such car companies, who does not hold on their promise and confirmation.

The residence apartment where my family of 4 persons staying was very comfortable , nice and very much central. House keeping was excellent and they did really a great job. Bar at the roof top offers excellent view with very friendly service.

Really lovely to be back and we will return

Check in was very slow and a little frustrating - room not ready at 4pm

Great location and lovely staff. Comfortable rooms and really fantastic aroma throughout the hotel (which you can buy in the spa).

A great hotel and the service puts it above the others
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Would have liked a courtyeard for a drink as the roof bar has very loud music and was always nearly full.

Great location - can walk or short taxi to everything - spacious room - very classy hotel and good value for money

considered one of the best hotels in Barcelona, I...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

Staff are awful, had very bad experience in check-in, there don't know how to treat guests well.

considered one of the best hotels in Barcelona, I wouldn't have called the duty manager, were he was one of kind in handling the issue and treated me well per hotel standards ( Five stars and above). I should thanks Mr. Fernado for his kindness and treatment.

Would totally stay there again! Wonderful
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I think over all the fact that we were across the street wasn't such a big deal for the accommodations

We stayed at the apartments right across the street from the hotel. It was great super comfortable 2 bedrooms and living space. The kids loved it. Great deal.

Amazing hotel and apartment suite
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Large apartment across from hotel with all the hotel amenities. Huge spacious apartment with full kitchen, beautiful bathrooms and showers and exceptional service and privacy.

I’d stay there again and again.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

No facilities in the same building instead you have to go to the main hotel to enjoy all the facilities. The room service takes so long, around 30 minutes, to get any meal. The place was booked for 4 people and there were only two towels in the bathroom!!

The area was great and accessible, the apartment was spacious and clean.

Luxurious hotel in an excellent location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The level of staffing in the large lounge/bar area - only ever seem to be two people on duty for a very large space and we had to ask for our drinks every time.

The room décor and amenities.

Comfortable accommodation in excellent location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff at the front desk was less effective than expected in the hotel of such class. The room, offered at first, didn't correspond to the pre-booked standards. The room at the demanded standards was arranged only on firm insistence with the front desk.

Comfortable accommodation in excellent location.

Nice eventually! X
    • Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

Don’t stay in Apartment 1 - terrible noises and sound issues throughout the night. Complained and received upgraded rooms - Duty manager was fantastic as he knew of the problem as he had stayed in that room - but that in itself was a little annoying as the hotel should never sell that room or fix the problem

The staff were lovely and dealt with a problem very effectively.

A luxurious hotel in an excellent location in a beautiful city
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was very expensive - so we didn't eat in the restaurant. There was no tea in the bedrooms and no fresh milk

The helpfulness of the staff, the decor in the hotel and the bedrooms,, the quietness of our inter-connecting rooms. The ambiance of the hotel and it's central position.

The property was in a good location close to shopping and...

Not many negatives.

The property was in a good location close to shopping and sites. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We had a great stay here. The pool deck had great seating and views.

See answer 3
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The roof garden was closed which was a shame but the weather wasn’t great.

The location, the staff, the smell of the cologne, the rooms, the bath. Perfect way to see a beautiful city. We have already booked again.

Great location, great apartment! Shame about the pricey breakfast!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Breakfast was far too expensive per person. As we were a family of four the price would have been extortionate! It was also a pity that the roof top terrace bar stopped serving at 7.30pm.

The family apartment (adjacent to the hotel) was stunning!Very spacious and comfortable .

Unforgettable Hotel.
    • Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

Lighting need to be upgraded.

Everything is perfect with the hotel. Not the first time at this hotel and there is a huge improvement since my last stay. I extremely recommend this hotel.

Wonderful experience for my 30th birthday.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We travelled to Barcelona for my 30th birthday. From the minute we stepped through the door the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. We were due to be in a 2 bed apartment but the hotel upgraded us to 2 hotel rooms. The rooms were incredibly clean and beautifully decorated. The hotel really made my birthday special by adding some little touches to the day. The rooftop bar at the hotel is a lovely addition with views of la Sagrada Familia and Montjuïc, which is lovely for some early evening cocktails. There was not one thing I could fault about our stay here it truly was an outstanding experience.

Two bed room appartment
    • Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

The hotel had its ups and downs, I wouldn’t describe my stay as perfect as I would normally do with a 5-stars hotel. Keep in mind I stayed in the apartment residence. The room service wasn’t very pleasent, I had to beg for someone to come check the bathrooms for a very bad sewage smell for 3 days. Also, I had to constantly call for enough body lotions and shampoos. Finally, the washing machine wasn’t working we we arrived so they offered to have it replaced the next day. It wasn’t until I called on my 5th day to remind them to replace it. Afterwards we have recieved some cookies and water as an apology which I found better than nothing. Beds are pretty uncomfortable, if you’re gonna stay 3+ nights, you’ll eventually get a back pain like we all did. And whenever we wanted to cook us a meal, we would definitly clean all the kitchen appliances again because it always looks unclean. And what I found ridiculous for a 5-star hotel with this price is that I had to pay for slippers & bath robes, really?

Room-dining was pretty good and on time, we ordered twice and we loved it. The view and the windows that can open are a positive point too. Staff were friendly. The space of the apartment is very convinient for 5 people. The location is the main thing I loved about my stay, right in the middle of everything. Whether you want to walk or grab a taxi, it’s always easy. It’s quite a safe neighborhood as well, which is the main reason I booked it. If I ever come to Barcelona again, and if I consider the Majestic Hotel, I would go for the hotel instead of the apartment, hoping it would be a better experience.

overall we were satisfied with the hotel. ı will stay again.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

some how towels were mixing there is not even one single hook for the bathrobes at the restroom.

front office people were very nice. ı was ot happy withe table reserved for us for the new yera gla dinner. I made the request and the manager changed it for us.

Superb location with 5 star accommodation. Made our stay in Barcelona.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Loved our upgraded adjoining rooms and buffet breakfasts. The staff were super friendly and helpful, and the rooms so comfortable. The buffet breakfast is amazing!! Loved our stay and highly recommend.

Wonderful stay at Barcelona!
    • Junior Suite with City View

I honestly do not see any area which would need an improvement. Everything works excellently.

The whole stay at Majestic hotel was perfection. My Junior Suite was beautiful, clean and I had an amazing view of Passeig de Gràcia from the sixth floor. The bed was huge and very comfortable. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Mario (concierge) kindly helped me getting priority tickets to Sagrada Família, which is definitely worth visiting. Breakfast at Majestic hotel is delicious. I ordered room service couple of times and it was divine (I recommend watermelon juice)!

Great Location, Clean Rooms and good staff
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The view from the Room and the check in process - Did not feel welcome and no information was provided as compared to other guests checking in at the same time.

Location of the Hotel, the staff in general and view from the bar on the 10th Floor. Good job done by housekeeping staff for room cleanliness and the rooms are maintained very well.

Highly recommend the Majestic when in Barcelona
    • Junior Suite with City View

You feel like royalty when you get there and family by the time you leave. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and our room was extremely clean, comfortable and elegant.

Barcelona fantastic city.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Could not swing a cat in the room, there wasn't enough room for the porter, my wife and myself to get into the bedroom. Two tables and armchairs took up all the walking space, when my wife asked for these to be moved they moved us instead... into a smelly room. The view over the court yard that I thought I was getting did not exist... marketing the receptionist said. If you wish to stay in this hotel upgrade, do not take standard dog box.

Location...

Wonderful experience. Would highly recommend.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Food and drinks in hotel very overpriced

Very central location. Large apartment. Much larger than expected based on website photos. These photos really didn’t do it justice....lovely surprise to have such a large and comfortable apartment. Staff couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful.

Pure luxury - lived like 'Royalty' for our entire visit.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The coffee (pods) machine in the room provided tiny amounts of coffee, (albeit delicious). It would have been better if the pool could have been heated. Otherwise, everything was perfect.

The Majestic is probably one of the best hotels I have ever stayed, in any country. The rooms were very large having the highest standard of decoration and comfort. Attention to detail was second to none - including perfume samples and postcards left on the pillows, nightlights in the bathroom, and having left my birthdays cards on the table in our room, we returned after a day's sightseeing to find a bottle of 'bubbly' and two glasses with a Congratulations card for us to enjoy. Perfect.

I can see some improvements in cleaning regards as well as...

The lighting

I can see some improvements in cleaning regards as well as the class staff comparing to my last stay in the apartment. I enjoyed the stay this time. Also I stayed in the hotel it self and that time was memorable time to me. The hotel facility is very good and the service in the hotel as well. I liked the food in the room service and i hope they can serve it also in the apartment.

I loved it. Didnt expect it to be that amazing
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Even though i booked queen size bed i had 2 twin beds put together. ( I didn’t want to change because i was only there for 2 days ). And concierge reassured me that if i asked they would change that. So i was happy. Breakfast in my taste had not too many choices if someone doesn’t eat bread, meet or cheese in morning.

Gorgeous hotel. Very beautiful inside the lobby atmosphere. Very very helpful stuff. Loved the design, mirrors, marbles of the room. Beautiful views form the roof deck. There was a pianno also but i didnt have a chance to listen to it. I loved the restaurant on a deck . And sunset watching was amazing. Food and choices of drinks were great

Our stay was most enjoyable and the hotel was exceptional.
    • Executive Deluxe Room

The staff were very attentive. We have to compliment Francisco, the manager for being accommodating and helpful. What we liked best were the staff's approach to hospitality. Nothing was a problem and the hotel itself was very clean.

Location is the only Good.
    • Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

The appartments are not that clean comparing to 5stars Hotel. The cleaning staff are annoying when they want to clean and they will ring the bell so many times asking for cleaning. Also the cleaning is bad. If you stay in the apartment you will need to clean it again sometimes. The pillows are not comfort. The lighting in the apartment is poor. You feel like you are in a dark cave. The need to improve the lighting. The toilets are 3 stars in the apartment not 5 stars. The food choices in the ‘in room dining’ are limited and the food quality is not bad. I think the hotel need to improve more in the cleaning. Some of the reception staff are not professional and they are helpless in so many occasion. I think the location is helping the hotel inly.

Location is good Facility of the hotel not bad

The best city break I have ever had.
    • Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

There is nothing negative about this hotel.

This was such a fantastic apartment, the view was outstanding from the balcony and the facilities inside the apartment were of the highest standard. It was so comfortable I did not want to leave. The staff inside the hotel were very attentive and welcoming. I would recommend this hotel and I would hope to be back again soon.

A great place in the middle of the nicest street in Barcelona
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The do not provide slippers in the residence and actually ask for 6 euros each which you do not expect from a 5 star hotel. The housekeeping were just making up the beds, nothing more than that. I think for the price they can make a better job in terms of house keeping and maintenance only.

We had the 1-bedroom apartment which was in nice size, its nicely decorated and looks like new but needs a very tiny maintenance, they provide all the needs that you need in your stay.

* Big bathroom like a private SPA, really luxury and...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

* Big bathroom like a private SPA, really luxury and enjoyable. * They made the room twice a day (2nd time they prep the room for night which I liked a lot how they thought about the last details!) * Beautiful roof terrace with breathtaking view

A majestic stay with majestic staff in a majestic location in the best hotel in Barça
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I cannot think of anything I didn’t like!!!

The service and attention to detail from the moment you walk to the entrance until the day you depart is exceptional - I cannot speak highly enough about the staff, the hotel, the location and more. This is Majestic in every sense of the word!

Location, Staff, Cleanliness
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Every floor was split into two sub floors. Had a stroller with us, so had to lift it over 5-6 stairs even after taking the elevator. Price also on the higher side compared to other 5 stars in the area

Location, Staff, Cleanliness

Great location but they need to improve the check in services especially (in a back room).
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Landmark View

Very, very busy; queues to check in, to talk to any of the concierges, to get a table... Also it is (room) starting to look a bit tired and they definitely need to upgrade the air conditioning!

Older property that has been well maintained in a good location.

Wifi was not steady. Went in and out a lot. Even though we had a suite the bedroom was undersized and with a king bed the closets were hard to access.

Nice location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room was extremely small. Same room on a differebt floor would be a bit more spacious. The amenities brand used in the room was average.

The staff were extremely friendly. The hotel's location is great! In the center of the city, walking distance from almost everything.

Simply Superb!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The family apartments were across the street from the main hotel. But the staff was wonderful with our luggage and any requests we made. Like charging adapters etc etc...

Beds were super crisp and clean! Family apartment was excellent. I didn't know it at the time of booking but it had a kitchen + washer & dryer and 2 bathrooms. Very nice!

Amazing hotel and would love to stay there again.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The breakfast buffet is very much lacking. The location of the restaurant seems more like a ballroom than a typical restaurant. The variety of food should be more impressive given the hotel belongs to the prestigious Leading Hotels Of The World. I was glad I didn't pay for the breakfast included package!

hotel location is excellent. Plenty of taxis around. Even though most destinations are within walking distance. The staff is truly friendly. All speak excellent English. I had trouble with my credit card upon check in because of the bank and it wouldn't work at all. The staff were understanding enough to allow me entry into the room and in fact to even show up the next morning with the credit card to finalise the check in process. This I felt was an incredibly positive experience. Room is spacious. The hotel is perhaps old but very luxurious. I loved it!

Disaster!!!!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Never again!!!! Bad bad bad !!!! This hotel should be rated 1stars for the service!!!!! We got lost at nigh and we couldn't get a taxi back to the hotel. We call the hotel to help us book a taxi and the staff wasn't helpful at all the only thing they could tell us wa that we need to find the underground to come back to the hotel !!! We ask them to send us a hotel car but they was no service for that. We ask them to see if the they where any other way we can get back to the hotel as we didn't feel safe to take the underground at night time as we fell that 2 man was following us. But instead the hotel staff say that they couldn't help. We ask to talk to the manager the same answer was given to us. For the price we pay for the hotel. The service was lest that a BnB service. I would never book a room at Majitic hotel anymore and would never recommend to anyone. When we got back to the hotel the only thing the manager was able to tell us is that this was the policy of the hotel. I think that the hotel management should oversees their service . I'm very disappointed of the service and the staff!!!!! Would never never book a room at they hotel!

Fantastic
    • Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

The hospitality was extremely good. The rooms were exquisite. I booked my wife and daughter in two separate rooms, connecting together. You staff could not have been better.

When looking for grand 'old world' charm this is...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

The breakfast-room felt a bit crowded and had little daylight. Breakfast itself was great though. The only very minor comment on the room is that the ceiling above the lamp shades in the bathroom was starting to color.

When looking for grand 'old world' charm this is your pick! Fantastic staff whose personal pro-active approach and attention to detail made our stay a very enjoyable one. The rooftop bar is a cool place to have a few sundowners (on the terrace or at the pool) whilst enjoying a splendid view of the city. The room was exactly what one would expect from a hotel such as this one, so don't expect iphone docs, multiple TV screens or high-tech infotainment systems but a high-quality spacious, clean and very comfortable room. Also the location is great to explore the city or to go shopping.

Great but Expensive and not so great with little kids.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

But I had two under five year olds with me and the window was not safe at all. It's relatively easy to open and there's no safety after that. If you're in the bathroom and your child opens the window God forbid that's super dangerous. Also if you're using a stroller there are stairs even in the corridor of our floor itself so it's a hassle lifting up and down.

Nice large room and bathroom and friendly staff. Large bath tub so I could bathe my children without getting wet myself.

Nice hotel and very good staff!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Top floor restaurant was very pricy but great view and service! 18 euros cocktails! Did not eat breakfast at hotel as it was 39.95 euros per person !

Great front end service everything was top notch including bell and conceiger service! Do charge 39.95 per night for car which I'm so glad we had for day trips!

Overall great experience.

Residence for our family with children had foul odor in one apartment & sounds of water in another apartment. My husband & I stayed in main hotel & enjoyed our stay without pronlem

Overall great experience.Majestic still fine European hotel

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Great location. Lovely, spacious apartments with use of all hotel facilities. Fantastic staff. The roof top bar has spectacular views and everyone welcomed our children.

We stayed across the street from the hotel in a condo.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We attempted to take advantage of the hotel pool but both times it was closed for private events. That was disapointing because the pool was part of the reason we booked the hotel and we headed back from site seeing for a pool break only to find out it was closed.

We stayed across the street from the hotel in a condo. It felt very safe, well appointed and spacious. Having two bedrooms and two bathrooms was great for a family of four. After a long day of site seeing it was nice to have some room to spread out. We had a patio as well which was great for having a glass of wine before heading out to dinner. Overall a wonderful experience.

Location, staff
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

We had stayed at the Majestic several years ago and everything was perfect. This time the first room they gave us was simply not a 5 star hotel standard. Paint was missing on the closet. The table was full of dents. The staff was helpful and moved us to another room, which was better, but there was an old soft drink on the balcony, and a used breakfast card left on our bed.

Location, staff

Majestic Hotel and Spa exceeded expectations.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Bed could have been better but was basically European standard.

The 2 bedroom apartment was perfect for us and our Granddaughter. It was clean and modern. Maid service was outstanding. Big fluffy bath towels and heated towel racks. Do not miss the cocktail lounge on the roof of the main Hotel. One of the best views in the city.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

If you want 5 star then stay else where.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The terrace on the top floor was chaos. Access was only possible if you queued and as a hotel guest you were not giving any priority but stood behind people who were not even staying in the hotel. The car took 30 minutes to get delivered back to me even though I requested it 10 minutes before coming down to check out. The spa on the top floor has to be reserved and once again in a hotel so large it is not easy to find the time you want. In general this is a 4 star hotel there are far better choices for real 5 star luxury in Barcelona at the same price.

Location and nothing more

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Nice but oldy
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel definitely needs renovation. Everything is quite old. They have changed a room for me - very appreciated, but not enough windows, hence not enough light in both.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona GL- I'll Come again.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

*The cleaning staff are annoying. they started to knock the door 9:30am to ask for cleaning even if you put "Do Not Disturb" card. they will keep coming and coming more than 3 times. This Happened everyday. *Food Menu need to be upgraded and to add more food especially "Halal Food". * Pillows not that much comfort.

*Staff are friendly *Location is near the subway. * There are supermarkets/ Pharmacies nearby.

Beautiful hotel.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Food and drink seemed a little expensive but probably in line with a five star city hotel. It seemed a bit tricky to use the pool as it seems like a restaurant with a pool in it .we went up to the roof for a drink which was lovely and the views are stunning but would have felt awkward swimming there . Certainly wouldn't want to have turned up in swimwear with a towel!

We stayed in an apartment across the road from the hotel. The apartment was beautiful ,spacious and clean. The kitchen was large and well equipped including a washer and dryer too. We had two bedrooms and two bathrooms which were really nice. Staff very friendly and helpful and all areas of the hotel were clean and luxurious. The hotel is in the perfect spot if you want to do the open top tour bus as both routes stop close to the hotel (city tour).

WE thought Barcelona was great City to visit
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

We felt that the bedroom was much smaller than we had expected and poor value for money - the breakfasts were also very expensive

We found the staff very friendly and helpful and the overall standard of the Hotel was Good

Don't book the apartments if you want 5* experience - it isn't.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The description of the apartment from booking.com is incorrect and i was very disappointed to have booked a 5 star hotel and end up with an apartment without windows or any of the features booking.com promised.

The staff were very attentive and friendly

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Had a great stay, will book again.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The rain shower didn't work well. Hot water quickly turned cold. Problem with water pressure I imagine. Didnt enjoy that - shower turning hot and cold......

Friendly staff, size of the room, complimentary tea with kettles and biscuit, turn down service etc. I had room service for dinner, good quality.

Fabulous city!
    • Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

We loved the apartment although I did feel that sometimes it wasn't cleaned as good as it could have been and some things were not replenished such as the toilet roll and the nespresso coffee.

We have stayed at the majestic a few times before and knew it was a great place. It was my husband's 50th birthday and he wanted to spend it in Barcelona. We knew the only place we wanted to stay was the Majestic.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Amazing stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Normal check-in time is at 3:00. We arrived at 5:30pm but we were told to wait as the room is not ready yet. We recieved our room by 6:30!!

Excellent Location.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Booked this hotel for pre-cruise but will return for the hotel and location!
    • Suite

If I had one complaint it would be that there are not many options for eating IN the hotel. We did have the buffet breakfast and found it to be lacking and on the expensive side. But there are so many options within a block or two that this is truly a small issue.

We loved the location, charm and staff at this hotel and were also pleasantly surprised that we had been upgraded to the PENTHOUSE upon arrival! We had booked a suite.....but the room that we were given was beyond wonderful! Hot tub on the balcony overlooking Paseo de Grasieg....(too lazy to check spelling!), chilled champagne and snacks waiting for us.....Truly a wonderful experience for our first visit to this amazing city. I was also presented with a beautiful "parting" gift of a candle upon checking out.....just great customer service and attention to detail all around. We had booked this hotel as a prelude to a 17 day cruise and loved it so much that we plan on visiting Barcelona again one day and will definitely choose the Hotel Majestic when we do!

Beautiful classic hotel with amazing staff
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect but we would have loved some tea in the morning, there was only the Nespresso available. Only a minor point though

The bathroom was well designed and very clean. The bed was really comfortable too. Location excellent. We had a great stay.

Excellent position and very friendly staff.
    • Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

Excellent position and very friendly staff. We were in apartments and the cleaning ranged from excellent to poor depending who you got that day. Little things like they didn't pull the sheets flat making the beds etc were a pain as you pay a premium to stay here.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Apartments perfect for families.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The apartments are not part of the hotel. They are located on the opposite side of the road. Just disappointed we didn't get the full experience of this famous hotel. Also wonder if the toilettes, towels, linen are the same as the the hotel? Quality not what I would have expected from a 5 star. In saying that we overall enjoyed our stay very much.

We stayed in the apartments. Large and spacious for a family of four. Well equipped kitchen, coffee machine, washing machine and dryer. Great location, waking distances to most tourist spots. Staff helpful with booking tickets, tours etc.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Nice but Not worth the price
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

When we arrived our room in the deluxe room in the hotel had a strong smell of smoke which meant we had to move across the road to a building of apartments belonging to the hotel. We stayed in apartment 51 which had a foul water smell coming from the bath in the en-suite bathroom. We asked for the jacuzzi bath to be filled and the jets fkushed out but it wasn't.

Location was excellent,

Eh, for your money, stay at the W
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Overall, the hotel was fine but I wasn't wow'ed. The W on the other hand is amazing. And although the W is somewhat further away from the action, as in not on the Passeia Graccia, I preferred that. The hotel was super crowded/too crowded. It did not feel like a peaceful escape from the craziness of the streets of Barcelona. The room was too small and we had a view of the interior courtyard but from the first floor, we were basically staring at the restaurant. The W was the same price per night and I thought we got far more for our money.

The bed was very comfortable and the bath tub was huge! Plenty big enough for two people. ;)

Certainly it was a bad experience at the Majestic Barcelona , and never to be repeated again.

The room given No 504 is certainly dose NOT have the standard of an Executive Deluxe Room as defined by your hotel reservation and marketing department. What was worse the window in this Executive Deluxe Room was over looking into a Utility Shaft not bigger than 2.5m by 2.5m. This is really scandalous and shameful Finally, The next day I have to check out and moved into another Hotel

Bed very comfy, rooms very nice and quiet.
    • Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

The initial room we booked with booking.com, superior double room for 2 adults and two kids for 439,-- was on the other side ! of the street on the first floor on streetside! about the busiiest road in Barcelona! i refused that one they offered us two other rooms in the main building but then i paid double the price!

Bed very comfy, rooms very nice and quiet.

Wosrt stay in a 5* star hotel
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with City View

the room category was not match with my reservation the room was next to elevator ( noise) the AC inside the room was not working i have asked for king size bed, but i got twin beds. However, i have asked the front desk twice to change the bed but no action was taken

Browse Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona GL traveller photo gallery