Reviews of Aparthotel Mariano Cubi Barcelona 4 stars

Mariano Cubi, 62-64, Sarrià-St. Gervasi, 08006 Barcelona, Spain

#261 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

The area was quiet and beautiful, the staff was friendly and...
    • Quadruple Apartment

The beds were uncomfortable, the room was dark and the bathroom door did not stay closed

The area was quiet and beautiful, the staff was friendly and helpful, very nice people

Very confortable (yet noisy), excellent room.
    • Family Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The room was rather noisy - we could hear everything going on in the hall and in the room above ours - not so nice if your neighbours are having a midnight party and you're travelling with kids... The storage space in the room was rather insufficient for a 4-person family. Also the cleaning staff were very efficient, which meant vacuuming the halls at 4.30 in the afternoon when we were resting... my bad, I hadn't put on the "do not disturb" sign on time. As the windows overlooked the interior common space, we could see (and be seen) in/from all the residential buildings around - heavy curtains were a must at all times. On the first morning at breakfast all the milk was sour, we had to ask the staff to replace it (which took a rather long time), but they fixed the problem.

The room was certainly spacious, and the double bed was huge. The room had a little balcony and the breakfast was OK.

The location of the property was great, very central.
    • Family Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Staff were incredibly rude, our booking requested a baby cot, when we called at 8pm to ask where it was the male receptionist asked me what have I been doing all day and that I should have called earlier. Parking at the hotel is expensive and they don’t warn u about it at all. I asked the bar lady for a menu to order some food and drinks and she told me there wasn’t one, only to walk past the next table to see a menu. But the biggest and worst part is the noise, not from the street but from other rooms, next to and above. U can hear a drop.! It is horrifically noise. I would never go back purely for that reason.

The location of the property was great, very central. Also nice to have a little window facing the courtyard to where you see locals living.

Value for Money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Didn't have a view. Key card stopped working quite a few times but they reset it each time without a problem but is an inconvenience.

The hotel lobby is lovely and feels welcoming! The room itself was very spacious! Had everything that I needed for self catering such as pots, pans, plates etc. The bathroom was spacious and clean. There were a few defects which could be attended to but this didn't bother me greatly. The location was great. If travelling by cab you could get to most popular areas within 10-15 minutes. The center is a good 25 minute walk from this aparthotel. There are a few restaurants/cafe's locally which is ideal. I would stay at this property again!

The staff were friendly and helpful.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Decor was nice but it was mainly on the surface of the stay. Plugs were loose, hair dryer fell off the wall and exposed electrics in bathroom, there was so much mound in the tiles of the bath tub. The shower was very dated and dissatisfactory. Charge for parking was 16euro and then 10euro for each dog.

The staff were friendly and helpful. Decor was nice and room was spacious.

The breakfast was very good and fresh, although a bit basic...
    • Family Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I expect more from a 4 -star hotel. The cleanliness of the rooms, sheets and the halls, could be improved. When we entered the room there was a certain smell to it, and it had just been cleaned. We waited for over 2 hours for the check out, which supposedly should start at 2pm; we could only get to our room after 4pm as it was not ready. The staff is not too friendly (e.g. at breakfast which is served by 10.30, the staff did not let people to refill their drinks/coffee at 10.29 - it was a very strange conversation that we had to listen to between the waiter and other guests; or when we were waiting for our Uber ride outside, the receptionist replaced us for someone else who ordered a taxi and left without saying, and was almost shouting at us why we didn't tell him of the change - eventhough it wasn't even us, and when they realised their mistake, the apology was not really heartfelt). The safe could not be opened without the staff, and they would not be bothered to come to our room to deal with it. There were some other smaller stuff as well, so overall, the staff was not very hospitable and welcoming.

The breakfast was very good and fresh, although a bit basic - not too many options. The size of the room was very good. The location is OK, but next time we would book closer to the centre, especially for a family with kids. Beds were large and comfortable.

A GREAT STAY IN BARCELONA
    • Triple Apartment

We had no issues or problems.

Location. Friendly helpful staff. Comfortable rooms. Nice relaxing lobby. Staff was accomidating to store our luggage the day we checked out

accommodation and staff super breakfast minus
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

breakfast quality is really low very industrial if compared to the amazing food that the city barcelona has to offer I decided to add the breakfast last minute but that was a mistake next time i will skip and find something in the area next time

room was very large and well equipped, also windows that could open for fresh air

I feel comfortable and relax staying in this hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There's no kettle boiler and tea/coffee provided, which I may expect a 4-star hotel provided this. Besides, it will be good if there's a curtain in the bathroom so the water is not so easy widespread to other area in the bathroom.

The room separate the bed room and living room is good. It gives us a feeling of a suite feeling.

Excellent place
    • Quadruple Apartment

Very friendly staff. Willingness to help. David was patiently answered all questions with a smile and even provided us with maps of the city. Large room size, very spacious. Would surely recommend for families with kids.

I Liked the location of the hotel , the room is large
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like the fact that I asked for slippers and bathrobes but the responsable of the reception told me that they don’t have them and the next day they brought them to the room . Not much choices for the breakfast , for the shower , it’s better to cover the shower because it’s so cold.

I Liked the location of the hotel , the room is large

Very good.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We had a very good stay. Rooms are very different in size and services available, check the offering carefully before booking. Overall happy and likely to go back.

Excellent premises and staff attention.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Bathroom sink was clogged, A/C not working and in the evenings, the street was extremely noisy.

Excellent premises and staff attention. Especially on my case with a small pet, everything went very smooth.

ok
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace and Jacuzzi

the bedroom was set up for 1 guests yet we were 2, the room service was not working, shower was not functioning fully due to low water pressure, the snacks and minibar are ridiculously expensive, the cleaning lady came in before our check out time, the jacuzzi was difficult to operate, the terrasse floor was dirty

the jacuzzi was nice, the extra large bed, the stock of towels, the size of the balcony, the staff politeness, the location, the overall look, quick lift, extra room cards, the curved TV

Manageable
    • Triple Apartment

It was a little far from central. Even Metro Stations were far to get to Ramblas. Every time needed to walk about 1km from the hotel to Metro Station. Other than that the hotel area was well lighted up.

Clean and comfortable.

The staff at the reception are helpful.
    • Triple Apartment

The staff at the reception are helpful. One of the lady receptionist Monica is very pleasant and answered to my queries. Thanks Mariano Cubi for our excellent stay.

I like everything about this hotel especially person from...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Every thing was perfect for me.

I like everything about this hotel especially person from the reception they are very helpful donot hesitate to give information about anything you ask and the room was awesome big clean nice bed and other facilities.me and my partner been to many places this vacation like paris rome malta and some other places but the hotel wise I like this hotel the most very nice.in future if i come to barcelona again I would definitely like to stay here.

Very pleasant.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel was advertised with a bar and restaurant however they only served breakfast no other food or drink. Once the room was cleaned by the staff we noticed a pack of Lemsip (which was full) on the table had been either moved or taken, which wasn't great as we were recovering from the flu.

Very friendly staff who helped plan our days in Barcelona. Wide variety of breakfast Great location The superior room had a small kitchen with stoves and a microwave which was very handy

All stafff members were helpful and friendly.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

All stafff members were helpful and friendly. Great to have private parking garage in Barcelona. Good breakfast buffet had good hot and cold options. Room was spacious and bed was comfortable. Contemporary decor. Helpful to have an elevator.

great
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

Everything was more than perfect. The terrace is huge..the same size as the room. The cosmetics are amazing and provided on everyday basis. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The bed is very big and comfortable. There are several metro stations of a 2-3min walk distance. The area is quiet.. with small cozy cafes around where in the morning you can enjoy a delicious croissant and simply feel the locals `atmosphere. This is an amazing place and I will definitely come back

Great Location, good sized room.
    • Apartment (2 Adults)

The shower was terrible and the wooden floors transmit a lot of noise.

The room was a great size. The staff were pleasant and the breakfast was nice. Great location close to the subway and a great restaurant just down the road.

I want the same bed as you have with the same pillows!

Very expensive parking.

I want the same bed as you have with the same pillows! Locaton is great as well. I would definately recommend this place to everyone.

Rude staff. False advertising. Made to feel very uncomfortable and like a hindrance on the hotel.b
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I paid a lot of money for a superior double with a balcony. We were placed in a standard double, no balcony. When I complained the staff were rude, one said it is booking.com issue to take it up and not the hotel. I had to tell one person I needed to speak to the manager because he was belittling, rude and kept saying I had only paid for a double room. The rest were not available. Manager said he'd do something to make up to us, then ignored me when booking out and did nothing. I've sent two complaints to booking.com and not heard anything yet.

Comfortable bed and good shower. Barcelona is an incredible city, stay somewhere else.

A nice hotel to stay at Barcelona
    • Family Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children)

- it isn't a true aparthotel. Despite having a kitchen the room does not has a table or chairs to sit and have a meal. - Because of this we didn't had any advantage of a aparthotel features - The breakfast is too expensive. 12€/person is a lot. Because of this we decided to take the breakfast at a bakery which was very good and is located in front of the hotel. We recommend it!

- Room - kitchenette support

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Room was spacious and the bed was comfortable.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The property is a bit dated, and could do with some renovation but in general the hotel was great value for money.

Room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. Location was perfect for what we needed and the area was quiet.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Pretty nice, will visit them again
    • Apartment (2 Adults)

A bit noisy outside (bikes and and those garbage collectors at 1:00 and 2:00 lol)

Staff is so kind and will help you with any questions (even not standard). Food in restaurant is very good.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Situated in a back street but good value for money!
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

Little noisy, could hear it when my neighbour had his shower at 6 in the morning. Low water pressure in shower. Somewhat small bread selection at breakfast.

Clean huge room with jacuzzi on the balcony. Comfortable bed. Nice staff. Good breakfast with good fruit selection (not into fruit though). Reasonable price, so all in all perfect value for money.

Breakfast was good.
    • Triple Apartment

First room allocated smelled strongly of paint and right next to the lifts after we requested a quiet room. Moved to another (smaller) room where the shower was lukewarm and splashed all over the bathroom. Staff weren't interested in providing compensation for the inconveniences.

Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Brand new decor great and best bed ever!!

No desk.

New furnishings. Best bed I have slept in for ages. Nice sheets and new decor great except they forgot to add a desk for business traveler computers!!!

21st Birthday celebrations in Barcelona
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

All facilities as offered when booking were not available when we stayed. The restaurant was only open for breakfast no other food was available to us. The television in one of our rooms did not work, I reported this and nothing was done!!! We had rooms with kitchenettes but no facilities for making a drink such as a kettle. We were not given our glass of cava on arrival which would of been nice considering our celebrations.

The property was within easy access to the train and metro stations.

Place worth to stay with public transport
    • Quadruple Apartment

very few kitchenwares unlike other Apartment hotels, no dishwashers . Car parking is bit expensive and you have no other options due to the narrow street. Parking was quite tough especially with a bigger car

Rooms were very clean and neat , location was very proximate to the nearest Metro . Very comfortable to stay with family

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Very nice man on the front desk, went out of his way to help.
    • Family Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Was not furnished properly - room had no seating (couch was turned into beds) or table to eat on. Not ideal with young kids. Housekeeping a bit hit and miss - never replaced the two coffee capsules despite a three night stay (need our morning coffee!), forgot to empty the full bin one morning. Hallways very dusty and evident they were undergoing maintenance (which they did preemptively apologise for). That said I would stay again, just not sure why they would let rooms out if they are not ready.

Very nice man on the front desk, went out of his way to help. Spacious. Location is good, not on the tourist highway but an easy 10 minute walk to the main road.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Overall good value, clean, great location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Needed a fitness center. Also, our rate did not include breakfast.

Staff were helpful. Breakfast was good and convenient, but not included in our rate.

We liked the room with the terrace, the Smart TV was great,...

Wi-fi did not work for two days, the fitfth floor were we stayed was under construction so it was a lot of noise during day time. Breakfast not included, we did not try. No wellcome drink as promised. They refused to give us the rooms until 2 pm ( we know that is the rule , but still...).

We liked the room with the terrace, the Smart TV was great, curved and big. Beds are very comfortable and sheet are clean and good quality.

Overnight stay in Barcelona
    • Triple Apartment

We booked an apartment for 3. The third bed was set up in front of the balcony door and was very much an extra fold up bed. Street was noisy due to rubbish collection. Rooms not very well insulated against noise

Room was a good size and comfortable

Cosy and Comfortable but Thin Walls
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Could hear the next door neighbour snoring at night and cleaners in all surrounding rooms in the morning

Clean, spacious and the staff allowed us our freedom around the hotel and in our room :)

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

SUPERB!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were amazing, everyone is super friendly and helpful, they've managed to give us ana amazing guide through the city's most important attractions

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

The room is big and clean.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Neigbourhood is so noisy. The hotel is so niosy also because of some renovations.

The room is big and clean. There are fancy restaurants just outside of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Great place to stay
    • Triple Apartment

It took us a bit of time to get used to the location in the short time we were there so we used Taxi's a lot but they are very cheap.

The apartment was huge with a massive bed that could easily sleep 3. Staff were very friendly and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Great hotel for the money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

there was no view from the window in our room but we were happy because the room overall was great

The room was large and very homely for the money. large bathroom and comfy bed with its own lounge. would recommend to anyone and happily stay again. Over all a fantastic stay with incredibly friendly staff giving us suggestions to explore in the city.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Stayed there several times and not regretted it.

Sofa-bed located alongside TV. We had to move it to see TV

We had inadvertently booked a room without a kitchenette. Staff changed to a room with one without fuss.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

You do not get the corresponding service quality for the money you pay
    • Apartment (2 Adults)

Unfortunately, for the money you spend in this place you expect a far better service which you do not get. The staff was not extremely nice or helpful. In particular, there is a lady who we asked for directions for a supermarket and looked at my brother and I as if we were from Mars. We also asked for directions from the airport and thank goodness my cousin lives in Barcelona and saved us quite a long travel time. The worst happened on our third day of our stay where the cleaning lady knocked on our door at 3.30pm to do the room and basically wanted to kick us out. 10 minutes later we had new guests coming into our room since, it seemed, that the guy at reception had given them our room (we were not checking out until the next day). We never got a call from reception to apologise for this confusion; instead, we had to go down and ask what was going on. Furthermore, that same day the wi-fi stopped working for over an hour. If you want to have breakfast it is 11 euro per person extra every day on top of the price you already pay. We already knew this thanks to Booking. However, it seems ridiculous that this establishment charges for the breakfast taking into account the price-quality relation.

The room was cleaned every day by the hotel staff.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Value for money
    • Apartment (2 Adults)

Parking is supposed to be only for ""Smarts"" or ""Minicoopers"". Compact cars are already too big. Other cars even could not enter the parking place.

Room is quite specious, small kitchen.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Returning visit to Aparthotel Mariano
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning had been turned off from October. Fridge wasn't cold. Hot water ran out if showered late in morning. Strong smell of cigarettes when returning to room after cleaning. Some bathroom fittings & foyer lounges starting to look tired.

Very friendly & helpful desk staff.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Cityontour
    • Apartment (2 Adults)

The only thing was the kitchenette area - no kitchen towel, washing up liquid or sponge. Most people travel with hand luggage only so wouldn't probably bring these items. They should be provided. Also, there was no soap in the bathroom. I thought, like the kitchen, this wasn't provided until some turned up on the last day! The kitchenette wasn't cleaned either so I did that myself but these are small points and didn't have any detrimental effect on my stay. It was half term so the price was very expensive but hopefully next time it will be out if season and more affordable.

I loved the area (Gracia) and the property was in a fairly quiet street. It was close to the centre and the metro was only 5 minutes walk away (2 stops to Plaza Catalunya). The room was spacious and the bed extremely comfortable so I enjoyed a very relaxing few days. As I was in Barcelona for the football it was a lovely walk to the Camp Nou approximately 40 minutes walk along the Avenida Diagonal. I have finally found a place I would return to and the added bonus of simple kitchen facilities was a bonus as was a small balcony. Staff were very friendly and very helpful which is a huge plus.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Nice hotel, friendly staff, quiet location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel doesn't have a 'bar'. The bar was only open when the restaurant was open. We could hear the people in the room above walking around their room, at 6:30 am this was a nuisance. maybe some sort of sound proofing wouldn't go amiss.

The bed was nice and big. At breakfast there was plenty to choose from, continental style, cereal, toast, etc. and always courteous staff. Rooms are large and clean with good facilities.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

did not eat at the hotel and the beds were average.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

having to keep the key card for the lights and this is only hotel that i've ever been in that did not have an electric outlet for us type plugs.

did not eat at the hotel and the beds were average.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Barcelone amazing city ll come back
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Excellent food - easy transortation- good weather even in september - parc guell amazing architecure sunset time- shopping less price other big cities -excellent treatment staff

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Friendly staff. But poor facilities
    • Family Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children)

For a 4star hotel, I was very dissapointed with the breakfast as quality was poor. They had a range of meat which was all pork. No chicken or beef! The pastry range was cold and definitely not fresh. Even the coco pops didn't turn the milk chocolatey..... how is that possible? And the room walls might as well not have existed. U can hear everything going on in your neighbours rooms. I was with kids clearly, they will not be mute. Then the neighbour tells my kids that others r trying to sleep. Very disappointed with the hotel as clearly, the walls r not reinforced

Staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Certain staff members were veryou helpful, helped plan our...
    • Triple Apartment

Air conditioning was very weak in the bedrooms, was very difficult to sleep at night

Certain staff members were veryou helpful, helped plan our days and transportation

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Great location and value
    • Family Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Beds could be more comfortable. Water pressure in shower could improve

Very spacious and our room had a balcony and restaurant Antigua across the road was excellent. Close to subway multiple supermarkets and safe area

If there is a room with 3 or more normal beds, it is much...
    • Triple Apartment

If there is a room with 3 or more normal beds, it is much better.

Decoration and furniture

• Triple Apartment

The bathroom needs updating and better cleaning

Spacious

5 mins walk to metro - not too bad though as it’s a straight road

Spacious Massive bed Quiet street Kitchen facilities Very clean

The staffs are incredibly friendly and helpful!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staffs are incredibly friendly and helpful!

Very noisy neighbours, view to oposite windows, bathroom not...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very noisy neighbours, view to oposite windows, bathroom not clean, it was not 4* hotel.

Staff was very kind & helpful.
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

Staff was very kind & helpful..

Friendly staff , clean room, worth the money

Friendly staff , clean room, worth the money

Surprisingly Convenient. Huge rooms full of detail.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Location was really awesome and the room was literally twice as big as expected. Plus the fact of having a full kitchen was far out!!

Nice place
    • Quadruple Apartment

The cleaning and that i need to ask for it

The staff and the hotel itself!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff and the hotel itself! It was just unbelievable!

Location, size of the room, good breakfast, very kind...
    • Family Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Comfort of the bed, shower, bath tube and value for money.

Location, size of the room, good breakfast, very kind employees.

Will highly recommend

Brilliant will stay again

The customer service was excellent
    • Apartment (2 Adults)

Our hot tub wasnt working on the first night, but was sorted out for the second day.

The customer service was excellent

Room size, cleanliness, comfortable bed
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I could hear my neighbors, the shower cabin leaked on a floor, employees did not help rent a bicycle

Room size, cleanliness, comfortable bed

.......

Good price, high standard
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The toilet was not very clean.

The bed was comfy. The room was really big.

Would not stay there again

Housekeeping

Great location , excellent ratio value/money, very...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great location , excellent ratio value/money, very friendly staff

great staff, great rooms, handy location

great staff, great rooms, handy location

Definitely not a four star hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff are very unhelpful and unfriendly. Bathroom doors in rooms do not lock. We were charged for making coffee in our room.

Good location and wifi

Expensive business staying.

Nada

The place was great. I mean it was expensive after all.

Very good!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very nice staff. Good size of the room, clean. Good location.

The location is great