Reviews of Marina Suites Gran Canaria 4 stars

#5 of 132 hotels in Puerto Rico

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Our go to hotel...
    • Select Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

I'm actually struggling to find anything worth a critisism.

We were meant to arrive on the 19th of Sept & due to a storm in Dublin we were delayed 2 days & the hotel rang me & said not to worry about the 2 nights we were missing, that we wouldn't be charged which I thought was very decent. The staff are very friendly. My little girl loved the kids club & the staff were so good to her.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Our stay was excellent, but disappointed with the cramped sun bed area.
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

I did not like the set out at the pool, the sunbeds were lined up with no space between them. I felt very uncomfortable with this set up as I dont like to be in such close proximity to strangers. In fact there was no space to move them slightly left or right. If you were lucky you got a bed at the end of a row or around the childrens pool which was not quite so crowded.

The bed was the most comfortable bed in all the properties I have stayed in. All the staff were friendly and attentive, the housekeepers did a brilliant job. Although we only had lunch and breakfast on two occasions, the service and food was very good.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Outstanding from start to finish - will be recommending it to everyone I know planning a sun holiday
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

Not sure the bed linen was changed during our stay. My daughter spilt some chocolate ice cream on her bedsheets on day 2 of our stay and it was still there when we left 5 days later.

Everything from our arrival until our departure was excellent. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The apartments were spacious, comfortable and had everything you could possibly need! But the pool area was the best bit, no photos could do it justice, it was spectacular. Fantastic holiday thanks to the Marina Suites.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Would not stay here again, although we enjoyed Puerto Rico.
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

Felt rather cheated about the location, from comments and pictures the hotel looked as if it was on the promenade, which it wasn't, our room over looked the boat yard and we had continual welding, hammering etc with people working on boats , so unable to have window open. NO DINING room. we had to eat on the open air terrace near the pool, our food was cold before we could start!! The rooms are large and attractive BUT not functional , one small cutlery drawer in the place , no hooks or useful shelves ( all had slats) nowhere to put anything !!! But lovely colours and decoration.

Staff attitudes were good. Cleanliness was excellent throughout.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Everything else was absolutely excellent
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

The only small thing is the TV turning on each time you put your card in for the room. Gets a bit annoying after a while when it keeps playing the same song

Everything else was absolutely excellent

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

We had a suite on 8th floor with a stunning sea view.
    • Select Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

The rooms were nice but some places could use a bit of renovation.

We had a suite on 8th floor with a stunning sea view. It was very spacious and had a nice marine style, cleaned every day. Breakfasts were tasty and varied. The infinity pool was great and had a gorgeous view of the ocean.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

One of the best hotels I have been at
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

Not being there long enough. Also did not try breakfast but looked amazing

Everything was just lovely. Cannot fault anything. Room splush with well equipped kitchen, and a view to die for. Watch sun go down over harbour. The pool is huge more than 35 metres I would say and never too busy for a good swim. Staff were amazing and nice wee extras were a lovely surprise. Wish I could go back.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Overall I would say a good 4 stars !
    • Standard Suite (3 Adults)

Having to pay for the parking at the harbour approx 12€ Per nights stay !

Everything was excellent. Just make it a little cheaper per nights stay, as you have to pay for parking separately at the harbour which was approx 12€ per 24hrs

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

2nd time...still a charm!
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

Sunbeds a little too close by the pool

Everything! Room was fab and maid did an excellent job everyday. Reception and bar staff excellent and really helpfull. Myself and my daughter had a fab trip from start to finish and will def return.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Staff were pleasant and helpful.
    • Deluxe Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

Night entertainment was very poor. Sun beds were too close together. Most nights some items of food were not available or cold. Air conditioning in room was inadequate and did not keep the room cold.

Staff were pleasant and helpful. Loved the infinity pool. Location was perfect

Superb
    • Select Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

I never like how people are allowed to place towels on the sunloungers and not return for half of the day . 🙁

I thought everything about marina suits was Fantastic couldn’t fault a single thing . Cleaning staff in my suit was first class .😀

We booked a transfer service through the hotel and had a...
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

We booked a transfer service through the hotel and had a driver awaiting us at the airport in his banging merc so that was a good start. Hotel was amazing I would recommend it to anyone. Cleaners every day, friendly staff and beautiful pool and rooms. Perfect for couples and families! Weathers best here than anywhere on the island in Puerto Rico. Restaurants are unreal near by

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Really enjoyed our stay.
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

Bit out of the way. Need to be in rooms above ground floor. Outlook better on to pool and restaurant side of Suites.

Friendly, welcoming and helpful staff. Excellent room facilities.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Other than point detailed below, everything is excellent-...
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

Unfortunately number of people lying by pool side makes relaxation in my opinion somewhat difficult. However on leaving realised we could have been using over 18s area!!

Other than point detailed below, everything is excellent- situation, staff, cleanliness

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Lovely stay. Charming hotel. Ideal for those who want a nice clean base, from which to explore.
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

Only beef for the whole trip was that in our second week they banned inflatables at the pool. This is in the pool rules apparently and I understand it was done because the pool had become overcrowded with inflatables. That seems reasonable, but my complaint was they sold me the €25 inflatable in the hotel shop!!! So to then say that I couldn't use it at the hotel and refuse me a refund on the basis: "you can take it to the beach!" really annoyed me.

Lovely staff (champagne welcome at arrival) who were charming for the entire stay. Facilities are immaculate (room cleaned every day.) Lovely pool area. Location is a short stroll to the beach and restaurants. Rooms are large and well stocked kitchen bits. Nice bar area for drinks and lunch. Breakfast buffet was really good too. Nice variety.

Absolutely brilliant stay!
    • Suite Premium (2 adults)

I could not fault this hotel. It exceeded our expectations and then some. We will definitely be back. Pool was amazing, food was excellent and staff were extremely friendly.

Excellent stay with seaviews on marina
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

The access to the parking and price could be improved You need to know that there is no direct access to the beach (about 5-10 min walk) but that's something you can manage if you have a car

The room and its view on the marina and sunset The room (equipment, decoration...) The swimming pool with the view on the sea The food which is good and reasonnably priced The energetic animators Very good value for money overall

Food was great and they were very helpful, they went above...
    • Deluxe Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

The air con wasn’t great, could be better. Other than that I could not fault anything else.

Food was great and they were very helpful, they went above and beyond every night as they had the chef tell me what I could and could not eat as I’m allergic to wheat.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Very good service at Marina Suits
    • Standard Suite (3 Adults)

There was quite a long wait for elevators,for the hotel that size surely there should have been more then 3 elevators. Also wifi signal did not reach outside the main building,very poor signal

The staff attitude was absolutely amazing!all of them make marina suits exceptional place

Amazing holiday

I have no faults I rate it 10/10

It was amazing from the moment we arrived to departure anything we required was there. Front desk staff where so helpful, children’s entertainment program was also a bonus as we had our 5 yr old with us , the swimming pool was amazing I can go on and on but take my word for it it’s pretty close to perfection for a holiday

Fantastic stay! Would definitely recommend!
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

Such a small detail but there was only one bin in our room which had to be shared between the kitchen and bathroom. I also felt that the evening meal buffet didn't do justice to the amazing lunch menu that was available.

The lunch menu in the pool bar was fantastic! The adult only area was a great place for a bit of privacy. All the staff were friendly and efficient. After the rooms had been cleaned we would find tea towels and blankets folded into the shape of boats which made me smile :)

Beautiful location and hotel
    • Suite Premium (2 adults)

The pool was lovely . Looks out to the sea . Half board was a great choice . Plenty of food choices and eat as much as you like . Entertainment on every night at ten pm for an hour or so too . The bar in the hotel lobby is very nice . Immaculate clean hotel and everything you need .

Amazing stay, such a relaxing and friendly place to stay.
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

The only thing that let us down was the pool bar. Staff not so friendly, left waiting around a lot. Twice i had to go look for food I had ordered.

Amazing stay, such a relaxing and friendly place to stay. Standards second to none. Would definitely return. Rooms are massive and always cleaned.

So relaxing, kids entertainment was great and the pool is beautiful
    • Standard Suite (3 Adults)

The main bedroom was very bright in the morning so maybe blackouts would be just an added bonus . Also we had lunch there and the food really was not great at all .

Very comfortable and clean and the pool is so lovely more like 5 start

Excellent family resort to stay in. Will certainly return and recommend this hotel
    • Standard Suite (3 Adults)

Staff very friendly, breakfast so fresh every morning and a great variety of food. Cleaning of the rooms was exceptionally good, fresh towels and room cleaned daily. Excellent stay

An excellent stay, in a wonderful hotel, couldn’t have been nicer! Pool is gorgeous, and so is view
    • Suite with Terrace

There’s very little not to like there, perhaps the double bed could actually be a double bed and not 2 singles pushed together

The best place on the island bar no e

Always a pleasure to come back ... but please keep the quality level.
    • Deluxe Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

Some of the new staff have had negative attitude especially at the reception, this could be due to the load of customers but that's not justified when you book for the biggest room in the hotel. The cleaning was not done as it should be for this time, and we have had the bad surprise to see dirty towels and broken shower ... the reception have helped to fix this and I would like to thank them.

This is the 4th time that we visit this hotel since our first visit during our honey moon trip. The hotel has a sentimental value for my wife and myself and we love to come back every year. The view from the room is simply amazing and the pool is fantastic also. I do not recommend the hotel during peak season due to the crowed. We were a bit disappointed to see a decrease in the quality level of the hotel, but we hope this is going to be fixed soon. Special thanks to: Mr Joerge (Best man ever), Alex, Nathalie and Omar for their professionalism. The staff of the breakfast was also amazing.

Beautiful and peaceful as always .
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

Only thing would be to add some more choice to the lunch menu at the pool .

Location is beautiful and short walk to the centre , staff are so helpful and friendly , hotel is beautiful so well kept and clean . Pool is picturesque . 4th year in a row here and definitely will be back .

Amazing. Worth every penny
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

The staff were beyond amazing. We were here for a week and pictures can not do this place justice. The view was great and our room was cleaned every day. The food is also great and prices aren’t too bad for a hotel. Will definitely be back! Perfect for couples and families too and the adult only area gives you the perfect time to relax and tan and is so peaceful.

AMAZING

nothing, it was faultless

The hotel is easily locatable from the airport, and is positioned in an idyllic backdrop, with conveniently located amenities such as the supermarket, eateries, the beach and an assortment of activities. The hotel grounds were immaculate and the room was spacious, modern and light; Staff were very friendly and helpful. This hotel experience was absolutely amazing and I will definitely be returning in the near future.

Very pleasurable.
    • Select Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

The poor entertainment, organisation and timing. For example after watching bingo, asked to leave the area as bar closing!! Off we went with drinks in hand. Strange arrangement which ruins momentum of the evening.

The quality of yhe accommodation.

Fabulous stay

Excellent location, fabulous view of Marina, well equipped spacious apartment, comfy beds, good shower and bath, beautiful swimming pool, lovely helpful staff.

Great place to stay
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

Breakfast is slightly overpriced at 10euro each, particularly when you are not a big eater plus on the days we were there, we experienced cold food. The hotel smells gorgeous but is then sadly spoilt by the cooking smells coming from the restaurant when sitting in the bar at night.

Beds extremely comfortable, room very clean, great view, great staff, the hotel smells gorgeous

The breakfast every morning was amazing.
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

The breakfast every morning was amazing. Every single person of the staff was friendly and in good spirits every single day. In such a large enterprise this is not an easy feat, and we appreciated it a lot. Keep the staff happy, and they will make the guests happy! It made our stay very pleasant, and is one of the reasons we will most likely return. The room was also amazing. Thank you!

BEST HOTEL EVER
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

One bad thing is the cleaners start cleaning WAY TOO EARLY & they drg the furniture along the floor so is very disturbing & loud.

Everythin else

A lovely stay at a lovely hotel.
    • Suite with Terrace

We stayed on the ground floor with the beds outside which was really nice - but we had problems of cigarettes (still lit) falling from above us. Some even landed on the bed we were laying on which could've easily harmed us by dropping so close to our heads. We spoke to someone at the reception and asked them to send someone to or room to check/investigate this problem. The receptionist, who was a trainee, noted our room number down and promised to send someone. To our dismay no one showed up - we reiterated this problem to another staff member who also said they would investigate but again nothing - not even a check up to the room. This was very disappointing as we felt we were being ignored on this situation. Upon checkout we again mentioned this to the staff member who again brushed it off as nothing. This wasn't a good moment for us during our stay and left a slightly annoying feel as we departed. Also we were unable to use our Chromecast to watch stuff on the TV - mainly Netflix. The entertainment on the TV that was available wasn't catered to us - with not many English speaking chchannels. Which is fine if we were able to watch Netflix. Not a big deal though.

Second time staying here - amazing hotel/apartment. We stayed in a room with an outdoor bed which was very nice and convenient. The rooms were comfortable and clean and bright with lots of room to move about. Breakfast is really good with freshly made hot and cold food every day - coffee machine and fresh juice was also very nice. I must mention the nice cocktails made by the barman - the extra little touches made it that much tastier. Oh and the buffet dinner was also really good - made even nicer by the attentive waitresses - who were great. Hotel layout is good with plenty of space and the feeling of freshness throughout. The Pool area is nice and clean with amazing views over the sea. Check in and check out process is quick and smooth, didn't get offered a glass of bubbly like usual but we had a friendly receptionist who told us everything we needed to know. All in all a good stay, very calming and relaxing - much needed break from London. Looking forward to hopefully staying again soon. Thanks

So good I need to come back again soon
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

There was nothing to dislike

Friendly, helpful staff, amazing views and great location too. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. Extremely comfy beds that gave a good nights sleep

Great Holiday, Excellent Location, staff Friendly and efficient ... we will be back
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

Location is excellent ..staff are so friendy and efficient and so helpful Pool area is gorgeous This was our 4th time staying there and Hopefully we will be back again next year :)

Fabulous 👌
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Absolutely amazing hotel only home we are frequently going back to this hotel because the standard are so high and staff go out if there way to help and please their guests will be back next year kind regards Stephanie&karl

Facilities were great.
    • Deluxe Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

The noise from the Marina was quite annoying sometimes when they were sanding down boats right next door but it wasn't that bad and wasn't during the night time. We will also write separately to the hotel about the following but the energy the male 'animator' staff (people tasked with looking after the activities and kids area) was terrible... he really did not seem to care about his job at all! His female counterpart was great and ALL the other staff were great.

Facilities were great. The pool and breakfast areas were clean and well maintained and there is a lovely space to sit and watch the sun go down (not very convenient when you have a 2.5 year old to keep hold of but that was our problem not the hotels!!). The location of the hotel was very convenient to the local shops, the beach and taxis are cheap and quick to get to other parts of the island. The staff were all excellent (besides one (see 'didn't like' for more detail!).. especially Naira, Giselle, Omar, Pablo in the bar/restaurant, Nacho and Samuele on reception and the female animator staff member (Gaya?!)

All in all, we had a really relaxing stay and will return.
    • Select Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

Bathroom could probably use an upgrade but was spotless none the less.

Stayed for 5 nights but wish it had been longer. We had a suite on the 8th floor with amazing views over the marina and sea. The suite was clean and spacious with a very comfortable bed.

• Standard Suite (2 Adults)

the whole atmosphere was calming and relaxing and we particularly enjoyed the privacy, quiet and sun in the adult sun area. We really enjoyed your restaurant for choice and amazing healthy food and some sweets on the side. We will visit again. Thank you so much for a wonderful regenerating holiday. Your staff were so welcoming and helpful and supportive :)))))

Beautiful hotel but let down by the food and layout of pool area.
    • Standard Suite (3 Adults)

pool area too regimented and sun beds too close together. The food at breakfast and dinner time was always cold.

The room was amazing and the beds were extremely comfortable! The staff at this hotel are wonderful and always happy.

A perfect winter sun break!
    • Deluxe Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

Wonderful staff, friendly and courteous, nothing was a problem for them. Suite was a great size with a very comfortable bed, and spotlessly cleaned with care and attention each day. A beautiful relaxing infinity pool looking out over the ocean.

Enjoyed the stay. Just being honest for a €200 a night venue.
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

Lifts - very small and only ever seemed to be one of the three at a time rather than working simultaneously. Bar man at pool - not very friendly. Food options by the pool

Atmosphere and cleanliness. Room. Reception staff

Very happy with our choice
    • Select Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

A minor issue but some more English language TV channels would have been nice. Other than that, can't think of a thing!

The apartment was really spacious with a separate bedroom and large balcony. We were on the 7th floor with a great West-facing view over the marina, perfect for sunset and people-watching. The hotel is modern and bright and kept spotlessly clean. The pool area was lovely, it faces the sea so is not overlooked by the town at all. We were self-catering and the basic kitchen facilities were fine for preparing our own breakfasts and lunches. We mainly ate out in the evening but we did try the hotel's buffet restaurant once which was really good and decent value for money. They also have a takeaway menu of pizzas and burgers which was useful. Staff were friendly and helpful, especially in the bar.

Fabulous hotel with stunning views
    • Standard Suite (3 Adults)

It was not clear from booking.com that you have to pay to use the car park outside the hotel.

Excellent hotel, the rooms were beautifully decorated and very clean. Great staff and service. The views from the pool area were spectacular.

Top class hotel in great location
    • Select Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

Due to the mixed weather during our time there having the breakfast outside was not very pleasant as everyone wanted to eat inside at the pool bar and it was very crowded. Twice breakfast was in the dining room and it was very comfortable and enjoyable.

The suit itself was top class with all self catering facilities and a bed to die for . The staff were the most friendly and helpful that we have come across We had a top floor suit with a fabulous view over the marina. All in all excellent.

Spoilt by the lack of marina view and exhorbitant parking costs.
    • Suite with Terrace

I've always stayed on the 5th floor and above with a view overlooking the Marina. This time I was placed in room 105 which was disappointing especially as I booked at least 6 months in advance. Last time I was able to purchase a weekly parking ticket for euro35. This time the rate was euro 11 per day.

Comfortable beds.

Very pleasant
    • Select Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

The air freshener that they constantly spew out in reception. Total unnecessary and offensive. The air freshener smell even permeates into the dinning area directly behind reception.

Pool area. Housekeeping.

Overpriced and disappointing.
    • Suite with Terrace

Overpriced accomodation, very noisy at night, sound travels. Sadly, this ruined what should have been a lovely, relaxing break. When you pay in excess of £1600 for a week, it was very disappointing.

Breakfast was excellent.

Comfortable bed.
    • Suite Premium (2 adults)

Having to pay €4.00 per day for the safe and €11.00 per day to park!

Comfortable bed. Good breakfast buffet. Cleanliness of the entire hotel and very friendly staff.

The welcome drink & the complimentary wine & drinks...
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

Anemone the beauty spa, was awful, poorly trained staff & not a good environment to relax ,near the pool area ,outside with a flimsy curtain around you .No privacy etc ,cigarette smoke wafting in on you! However Jackie & team at the hotel compensated by giving us our money back for a truly awful pedicure experience & a bonus bottle of champagne!

The welcome drink & the complimentary wine & drinks in the fridge .Clean comfortable room & huge balcony overlooking the outdoor restaurant ,we liked the room & pool & the activities -special mention to Leonard he seemed to involved in everything ,a very intelligent young man

Fabulous location, friendly staff, spotlessly clean - we'll be back!
    • Select Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

Having to leave the place!

Huge suite, spotlessly clean and comfortable. Decent balcony overlooking the marina with good views night and day. The most helpful staff I've come across and all without any stuffiness. The seats by the rocks were in a fabulously location - I could have sat there all day. The adults only section was a bonus too. The pillows! I'm very fussy about them and normallly take mine with me, suitecase space permitting. No room this time but fortunately the Marina pillows came up to my high standards.

Very good location. The weather was disappointing but that was no-one's fault.
    • Suite Premium (2 adults)

The kitchenette in our apartment was quite basic. We got the impression that the hotel would much prefer the guests to use the hotel dining facilities rather than make their own.

Excellent location, staff, swimming pool. We dined in on only one occasion and the food was great as were the staff. However the dining area (also the bar) lacked a little atmosphere - which was available in abundance in all the local restaurants.

Very friendly staff - most helpful.
    • Standard Suite (3 Adults)

Very expensive parkering and it was hard to find a place to park for free. When you drive inn and out of the area it is more that 11 Euro a day. Wi-fi was slow, but acceptable. A couple of hooks for towels etc. around the flat would have been nice.

Very friendly staff - most helpful. Fantastic pool area. Quiet and nice. Lots of beds available. Nice and spacious apartment.

visually good but not comfortable
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

room always cold despte fan heater they provided on request. Very thin duvet very hard bolsters

freshly squeezed orange juice at breakfast was lovely, but I am not very keen on buffet and would have prefered not to have breakfast compulsarily included. Daily cleaning & fresh towels excellent but room sometimes not cleaned until 4.30 Great view especially sunset. Adult only area for peaceful windfree sunbatheing

Rude members of staff, disgusting food and poor value for money.
    • Deluxe Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

The hotel needs to retrain their members of staff about courtesy and manner towards customers. One waitress called Carmen confronted me when I asked for green tea after she had promptly cleared up at 10.30 exactly with not a second more at the end of breakfast. Rather than just fetching me the tea bag she challenged me and asked if I was aware 10.30 was the cut off in a very aggressive manner!

The property was very expensive and did not represent value for money. The staff had a very colloquial view of what customer service was about. I found them rude and quite often very offensive. They were abrupt and dismissive. When they made mistakes they covered it up and tried to blame me. They forgot to note my passport details yet demanded it the night before my departure after I had fully settled my bill for my stay. They charged me 130 euros for a so called gala dinner on New Year's eve, despite specifically informing them that I was not interested in their dinner because of the poor standards at the hotel. They refused to take the amount from my bill because it was part of the half board payment! The food was very average and on many occasions tasted out of date.

Very good entertainment.
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Would love to have access to the jacuzzis for the children

Very good entertainment. This years New Years Eve entertainment was the best ever on the hotel

Everyone was super helpful and super clean.
    • Standard Suite (3 Adults)

Just small things... cocktails could be better made and the rice in the sushi was to pasty.

Everyone was super helpful and super clean. They have activities during the day and night for children and adults. Breakfast and dinner with a lot of options and good quality.

Stay number ten and just as wonderful...

Nothing comes to mind.

This was our tenth stay at Marina Suites. As usual we felt welcome and very at home. The staff are so friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The suite and its facilities are excellent with a nice view across the marina. A great infinity pool and sunbathing area, which was not overcrowded at this time of year. We self-catered so only had a lunch at the pool bar but this was very good.

Fab accommodation and facilities.
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

Sofa bed , both mattress and couch cushion, was uncomfortable - usually it is fine but there was a dip in it. Phoned reception who arranged an additional duvet to put on it but this didn't really suffice.

Fab accommodation and facilities. Friendly staff, clean, great location. Have been coming here for years. Would recommend.

Super!
    • Suite with Terrace

Hard beds! Asked for an extra top mattress and they would charge 30eur for it.. so i took the extra normal mattress from the sleeping couch. Looked stupid, but it worked! As I'm pregnant, and not feeling well, i asked for half size portions for lunch, but couldn't get it.. i don't think that should have caused the kitchen any trouble ? Especially the paella which was huge! Throwing away food is not funny!

Excellent pool area, with many sunbeds, and a +18 section with big sunbeds and Jacuzzi. Good breakfast outside. Nice clean rooms, and lovely cleaningstaff . We had a room with private sunbeds on 1. Floor - superb! Entertainment every night. Nice location down by the port, with walking distance to the beach/city. Sun from 08 to around sunset depending on were you are.

Fantastic place to stay.
    • Deluxe Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

I couldn't change my half board basis. I wanted lunch instead of dinner but they would not allow it. My first dinner there my chicken was raw. But other than that it was fantastic.

The whole place. it's my second visit there.

A wonderful return to an amazing hotel.
    • Suite Premium (2 adults)

There was nothing that we disliked about this property.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and always said a nice hello. The hotel is absolutely spotless. We contacted the hotel a couple of weeks before we travelled as there was a room which holds special memories for us and were delighted when we got this room.

Adorable suites and view. Although still some points to improve )
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

Safe is only for additional payment which is very high - 4€ per day. Wi-fi works very bad! Although each room has its own router it doesn’t help. When our router stoped working, we asked to fix it, but the recommendation was to connect to any other room as password is the same for all rooms. Wi-fi near the pool - is a disuster, it does not work at all. Please fix it. Beach is not very close, actually it is close, but you have to make a walk around which take at least 10 min. And be ready to pay for the ambrella and a sunbed. Several times we tried food in a bar/cafe near the pool - frankly speaking, we didn’t like anything we tried.

Marina Suites is a great place to stay. Loved almost everything! Room is super cool and large, а everything you need is available! Bed is veeery comfortable. Balcony is large with all furniture needed to just sit and relax and observe amazing view!! Staff is super friendly and help you with all requests. And of course the pool - it’s a dream, very comfortable warm water and an infinity view at the ocean. Food in a restaurant is good, each day it’s a new cuisine. We had breakfasts and dinners - and it was the right decision!

excellent stay again!
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

The only small negative I had was some staff were quite curt and didnt seem to want to engage to be honest I was kinda scared of asking them anything as I didnt know what kind of response I would get but really only small and could have been language barrier or something

Everything we love it here second time staying and will be back again asap and also recommend it to others. it is the best place to stay in puerto rico I think and the rooms are fab the cleanliness is amazing our room was cleaned everyday! the pool area is amazing and I cant comment on the buffet as didnt eat there. I think his name is Christian on the front desk he was lovely and a credit to your hotel

Let students of sun and great food. Cleanliness of the rooms and public areas
    • Deluxe Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

The wi-fi wasn’t working a lot of the time and when it did it was almost unusable due to bring so slow. Didn’t like the hotel outside toilets as they were very smelly

Been here before and live the set up and the staff

good
    • Deluxe Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

I did not like the noises outside the appartment (ground floor) People nearby work there, with electric maskines, to do repairs on boats. Also was there a constant noise from a big airconditioning installation. Every now and then there were to types of music playing, one from the hotel (background music) and at the same time music from the entertainment people. This i did not appreciate. Another thing was that our privacy was not optimal because there was a lounge area just a few meters from our terras. Persons using this lounge area have the posibility to oversee the terras.

The appartment was huge, clean, great atmosfere, bit dated, but i enjoyed it. The staff was friendly and the food good. Parking in front of the hotel, puerto rico has a big problem with parking, so this parking was perfect, the price of 11 euro's per day. Aircondition, room cleaning good, pool just perfekt.

Enjoyed it. We loved marina suites but too consider another visit Puerto Rico needs to improve.
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

We feel Puerto Rico as a destination needs to be enhanced. Some areas very tacky.

The pool and restaurant facilities were beautiful. No so keen on the choices for breakfast.

Chilled, Carefree, Prefect for relaxing.
    • Select Suite with Sea View (2 Adults)

The resort of Puerto Rico is not for those wanting a genuine shopping experience as an addition to the holiday but great if you like drinking, party, and music (i'm probably getting old). Careful of the timeshare touts that advertise themselves as tourist information services.

The hotel exceeded our expectations from the lobby to the room. Open the door and you are greeted by a massive apartment with separate bedroom, bathroom and living area, and then there was the view. We were on the sea facing side overlooking the pool and restuarant areas on floor 9. Not for the faint hearted but the best view in the house. The staff are great, genuinely attentive and helpful, cleaning is spotless and fresh towels every day. This is the best Hotel in the resort of Puerto Rico by far. You can never go to another once experienced.

Enjoyable, Relaxing, Fun and good value!!
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

The only minus point was the breakfast we didn't find that great but that's a small issue

The rooms are very spacious and comfortable! Exactly what was in the pictures. The Hotel was immaculate and the staff were great. The Hotel is perfect for some peace and quiet yet only a 10 minute walk form the center. We plan on returning with the family next summer.

Amazing , music in shamrock bar , food in mimai, 5 hr boat trip , parasailing, jet ski, banna boat
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

Nothing loved it all top place

The whole experience was amazing . Just like the photos on internet . In walking distance of everything . Beautiful pool , amazing views . Look for sea view we had room 505 was just out of this world . Can't wait to go back . Would ever stay anywhere else . Staff brilliant.

We really enjoyed our stay here. Very relaxing and wonderful staff.
    • Standard Suite (2 Adults)

There was a sloped wall between the Atlantic pool bar and the sunbed area. It was quite dangerous and I actually saw 2 people fall down heavily over it.

The accommodation was very comfortable and beautifully decorated. The air conditioning was set at a comfortable temperature and quite silent. Because of this, we slept well.

Wonderful
    • Suite Premium (2 adults)

Not a great choice for dinner....never have liked buffet dinner anyway. I have stayed at this hotel before, half board....went out for dinner at least 3 times. Unless the buffet has a large choice it's a waste of money. A la carte would be better.

The adults only area (Jacuzzis)+ the seats on the rocks....watching the ferries come & go. I would advise booking at least a select suite.