Reviews of Hotel Mayna 2 stars

Ruzafa, 25, 03501 Benidorm, Spain

#95 of 120 hotels in Benidorm

4.9

We had to wait in the queue for available tables in buffet restaurant for lunch.

Very good location, friendly staff, clean room,plenty and delicious food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

This Hotel is catered for the Spanish people and we found that the day time staff are very hostile towards the British people. From the moment of arriving we felt like we were not wanted. Not a great start to a holiday!!!!

There was still quite a lot of noise that came from the street behind the main entrance which is where our room was. As it was quite warm when we stayed ( May 2018 ) we had to keep our sliding windows open through the night it was inevitable that we would encounter some late night noise as there are a couple of bars in this street, we knew this when we booked the hotel as we had stayed there the previous year and it was the same. I would just like to say that it was a small price to pay as the location of the hotel was great for what we wanted from our holiday.

Location was great for our needs. Close to Old town and far enough away not to be bothered by any rowdiness from the strip yet easy walk if you did want to venture into that area.

The only things that could have been better would have been a light above the long mirror in the bedroom (wasn't a big deal) and there was no drawers in the room. However we had one side of the wardrobe each which was sufficient to place/hang clothes also room for shoes at the bottom. At the end of the day you are not on holiday to stay in a room.

The Mayna is a smallish quaint hotel that was mainly occupied by Spanish guests. There were no lager louts, everyone was very friendly and we even learned a little Spanish. The food was basic and I would say catering for Spanish but again we found this to be great as it presented an opportunity to try different foods. There was always something to eat. Room was cleaned every day and clean towels issued. Abundance of toilet rolls left :-) We got the remote control for tv and found a music chanel so was fine. Great little café attached to hotel which is cheap & cheerful. All staff in hotel are very helpful and nothing too much trouble. Harry at reception was excellent!!! Thank you again.

1 lift to accomodate 6 floors

have been to hotel for past 5 years, same helpful staff on every time, its cheap & cheerful, dont expect a pool or nice views 80% spanish guests, food plentful but simple.

Veranda could have been bigger

The hotel was very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was plentiful and it was ideally situated..

The cleaner stealing money out my bag

Room was nice food ok you get what you pay for and we got a good deal so we were happy with it, be careful with your money went down for breakfast I counted how much I had left bag on bed cane back 15 mins later 20 euros been taken cleaner had put towels in bathroom but left the room so we knew she had been in there told manager said NO. She wouldn’t do that strange how he gave me the 20 Euro back though anyway apart from that we had a nice holiday just be careful with your money

On booking.com it stated there were roof terrreces. No there is not. I asked the question to the receptionist at the Hotel who spoke very good English said we don't have that facility. If you are going to stay at Hotel Mayna please beware of you have a room over looking the street. That street is very busy with cars and a lot of people day and night. If you are a light sleeper I would recommend ear plugs to block out the noise especially at the weekend.

Close reach of shops and restaurants and the cafeteria next door to the hotel is excellent value for money. The breakfast which includes with your stay is good.

Breakfast basic. Needs a little more for the English palate. Maybe some baked beans and sausage.A better selection of cereals would be good. Milk for the cereal was very watery & unappealing. Evening meal was generally ok. A pasta sauce or pizza for customers who couldn't find something they liked might be an option. Did compliment the chef on one or two of his more adventurous dishes but consistency of choice an issue. Although efficient and generally helpful waiters and waitresses their English is limited and they could be a little brusque in their manner and barge around the restaurant without a care for customers ( probably due to the compact size & awkward shape of the hall. People would have to barge also to gain access to certain areas for access to plates/coffee machine/ toaster etc. Maybe a rethink on where facilities were sited may help ?

Check in and front desk guy charming and helpful. Whole Hotel kept really clean to a high standard. Everywhere felt really clean and kept well. Reasonably located for access to all parts of the Old Town but maybe a little of a walk for people like us who enjoy the night - life of the new Town. However anyone wanting a cheap and cheerful deal will find the the walk to this Hotel, as we did, a small price to pay for a reasonable priced get away. A 3 euro bus ride for 2 would cut down the walk somewhat if you weren't up to it !

It is on a main road but we knew that before we went. It is noisy but I still managed to get a good night's sleep.

Very good location. The rooms were basic but clean. The food was good for the price we paid something different every day. Yes it is mainly catered for the Spanish but that was fine for us. Staff don't speak very good English but they tried very hard to understand what you wanted. Drinks at meal times very reasonably priced.

Cant write anything. Nothing to dislike.

Friendly staff. Clean. Central. Value for money. Quiet. Well run hotel. basement & ground floor had a makeover with minimal disruption/ noise. Varied food selection. Would have liked a choice of cerials.

There was building work being done at the dining room level and this resulted in noise ancement dust being present at meal times.

The bedrooms were spotless but toilet/ bathroom could be better.

Needs updating but then it wouldn’t be in our price range

Hotel very tired but comfortable clean and great location.food good for price paid.dining room decor very sad but hotel is having work done at present.no complaints for price paid.we had a great time

DID NOT THINK FOOD AT LUNCHTIME WAS QUITE AS GOOD AS OUR LAST STAY TOO MANY CHIPS.

EVERYTHING. LOCATION OF HOTEL PERFECT. GREAT STAFF. GOOD FRIENDLY BAR.STAYED AT HOTEL MAYNA MANY TIMES AND WILL BE RETURNING.

The coffee at breakfast wasn't the best - but we went to the cafe downstairs which was really cheap.

This is a small, basic hotel, the location is fantastic, right in the middle of the Old Town. The cafe was really good value downstairs, coffee and toast 2Euros. The cleanliness was excellent. Mainly older Spanish guests which we preferred.

a better turn round of menu,fried egg 1 day alternating with scrambled egg for breakfast over the full 10 days.buffet area very badly designed.bread rolls/coffee machine/drinks/glasses too close.CHAOS

beds quite good.

The restaurant was busy at breakfast

The Hotel was ideally situated and our room was very clean and spacious. This is not a luxury hotel however was excellent value for money. The location was excellent in the middle of Old Town but his didn't keep us awake. I would recommend this hotel and will certainly return

I stayed there on a half board basis and I have to say the food is truly aweful, there is a stampede to get to the dining room, cant think why, any drinks must be paid for before you leave the dining room( they don't tell you this) and they give a dog end piece of paper as a receipt

The room was very clean

A kettle in the room a small fridge some tea and coffee making items.the way the air conditing was timed no one needs a cold room when you are asleep

I liked where the hotel was it was close to all of the major sites.

The balcony, overlooking the street, is not amenable to sitting upon with, say, ham, cheese and bread with a glass of wine.

On our afternoon arrival we found that the sliding door onto our first floor balcony didn't lock on one side and the air conditioning didn't work. However, when reception were told they solved both problems the following morning. I don't think you can criticise the hotel if the previous guests had, say, done the damage or not informed reception of these problems! The location, although on a busy street, was near the Old Town as required. The hotel is basic and doesn't have a bar nor pool so do not book if these are a necessity; just a reasonable place to sleep with a decent breakfast.

Stayed here last october and had a lovely stay but its definitely gone down hill since then. First of all i have been overcharged on my room and for the price I've paid I should have has the best room in the hotel not a shithole. The room was absolutely disgusting with a leaking hole in the ceiling, after complaining I got was someone will be up to sort it and no-one ever came, I will not be staying here again! The staff were unhelpful, the Wi-Fi didn't work unless I was in the bar area.

No facilities in the room for tea/coffee. No fridge so we couldn't even keep a bottle of water chilled. Had to pay if you want to use the room safe. Balcony tiny - could just fit 2 chairs on it face to face

Rooms were clean. Hotel very central for the Old Town

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The breakfast arrangements are a bit congested around the coffee machine. However I generally enjoyed the breakfast though I did not want a cooked breakfast. Some of the bacon was more fatty than I would have eaten. It is in a main street which can be noisy so be aware. This did not bother me as i sleep when tired almost regardless!

The best part about this property is its location in the Old Town which is central to places I wanted to visit. The price is very good.

The area was a bit noisy through the night. Breakfast was basic but could have been better, we had to leave very early on the Sunday morning ( 7:00am ) and we ordered a picnic breakfast to take away which did not happen and all my wife and I got was a rather grumpy receptionist who reluctantly opened the restaurant so that we could get a cup of tea and a biscuit ( disappointing ).

The Location close to both the New and Old towns was very good. The shops ,bars , restaurants were good within the area of the hotel. Decent value for the price.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Only one pillow on the beds. & we could have done with a couple of extra towels.

The location is excellent, food lovely,wine only 3.50 euros with our meals. rooms are a decent size, comfy beds. plenty of hot water. Hotel bar reasonable, friendly.

For me, don't change anything please.

The staff were excellent, the restaurant and food was excellent and the cleanliness of the rooms and cleaning staff was exceptional.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

No lounge area for relaxing or reading

Clean and value for money Excellent tapas /bar open till midnight with good choice tapas and simple bar snacks Breakfast quite limited for myself no yoghurt or cereal choices but good standard of cooking for eggs bacon Continental breakfast very good fresh bread rolls and croissants daily

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

I could not think of anything that could have been better.

The Hotel Mayna is in a perfect central location of The Old Town of Benidorm. I have just reurned from a 9 night stay and I could not fault it. The staff were excellent. Cafe Mayna within the Hotel, excellent Food and Tapas, a glass of wine and a Tapa Euro 1.20. Dining room food, fantastic choice But please remember this Hotel caters for 95% Spanish Clientelle so be brave go Spanish for some Spanish Fare.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

I had asked the hotel a question through booking.com, as I wanted the flexibility on half board to have some meals at lunchtime and others in the evening. I didn't get a reply, so I assumed there was no problem. When I arrived I was forced to choose all meals at lunchtime or in the evening, and was told I couldn't mix them. If I'd known that I'd have switched to bed and breakfast or cancelled and chosen another hotel. It makes it less likely I'll book through booking.com again. Will contact the hotel direct. No hot tomatoes for breakfast, or baked beans. No paella. Ham at breakfast not very good. No beef in the main meals and only one serving of sardines in batter. No pictures of any description on my bedroom walls which would brighten things up.

The soft churros were good for breakfast and lots of fish at evening meal. Also good of them to provide a packed breakfast as I had an early flight back. The restaurant staff were excellent considering the lack of space between where the food was in trays and the queue for the hot drinks machine, which made it tricky to get hot food and hot drinks at the same time at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

The maid was a very nasty woman.She would bang on the door from 9am every hour until I got up.I was hoping for a relaxing holiday.I couldn't due to the rude maid rushing me out of bed every morning.

The hotel was in a good location.The staff in reception were very helpful and friendly. I liked the balcony.it provided a good view of the town.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Fried eggs underdone around yolks, outside crispy and oily. The quality of the ingredients was good, but invariably overcooked!

Hotel bar good, excellent for nightcaps.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

A good way out 30 mins walk from bars 7 eutos in a taxi walked a good 25 miles in 4 days only i flat pillow need more ...breafast needs more english feel eggs eerent cooked and not much elses ended up at a bar for an full enlish for 3.5 euros having to pay extra for meals was a lillte sad

Nice cheap place a good value for money food alillte up and down but if you sfter a bargin dtay here bed nice shoewer to overall a cheap nice place but be perpare to walk alot in main shooping mall close to beach about 5 min walk harbour about 10 min walk

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The hotel had a strange smell.. A bit like the ventilation from the kitchen wasn't sufficient to take the cooking smells away ... It wasn't offensive just odd!

Can't complain about anything with regards to the food

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Excessive noise late at night in the corridors with other guests having conversations to each other across the hall after midnight,beds different heights, so couldn't push them together to sleep as a couple,

Close to amenities

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Traffic noise and sometimes drunks walking past but slept reasonably well.

Very friendly staff. Clean towels every day. Excellent value for money, dont book if you're a fussy eater. Im a vegetarian but found plenty to eat. Noisy road but great atmosphere, would definitely stay here again. Brilliant location for the shops.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

For the price you pay there is nothing to dislike! The only thing that annoys me is the silly comments left by guests who find fault with the food and lack of facilities. If they want this level of luxury use a 4 or 5 star hotel and pay the extra cost. Same staff there for over 20 years.

Stopped many times and value for money I consider this one of the best hotels in Benidorm.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

hotel located in a very busy street and my room overlooked the main road so i was constantly kept awake with the noise of traffic and partgoers making noise all night.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

We bought a large bottle of water at the restraunt for lunch from the restraunt...we were told we wernt allowed to bring it back to the next meal with us....this is silly....as a protest we didnt buy any more drinks from the restraunt. Meal times always consisted of Pork meats...one time 5 out of 6 main dishes was Pork....not good if Muslim. The tv had only spanish channells. Ok in summer, but we had 2 full days of constant rain...and was in room a lot. Wifi was only in reception area...and no lounge...only 4 dining chairs to sit on.

The day time receptionist was very helpful...great for travel info... Many thanks to him.... The location is great...few minutes to old town and beach.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Beds not comfy at all, wifi didn't reach room, in desperate need for a refurb, walls paper thin, food in hotel poor, staff nice

Location and staff were nice

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Room overlooking Street so a little noisy in the morning.

Room was clean,enough space and no problems. Check in was easy. Location just a couple of minutes walk into old town shops.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

The room was noisy due to traffic, upgrade double glazing would help.

The rooms were warm and well cleaned. Restaurant staff efficient and pleasant. Reception staff also helpful as I needed to print off boarding cards.Good value, have stayed before. Would go back.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

The meals totally for the Spanish exactly as the other reviewers say queue for lift like a herd of cattle to get a meal absolutely nothing in hotel I thought it was more like a hostel bein stupid I upgraded to full board and ate nothing the four days if u wanted acup of tea in the morning yes next door costing £1 euro30 the hotel restaurant only sold water and wine at meal times picture is of lounge in hotel and large cup of ☕️ From cafe next door

The bed was comfy and clean and shower was fast enough

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Free WiFi only worked well near the reception. The food was very "Spanish" and after a while it started feeling repetitive. Personally, I just don't like Spanish bacon but perhaps it's just me.

The hotel is right in the middle of Old Town and everything is literally at your doorstep. The room was kept spotlessly clean and everything worked, including the shower. I was on the third floor and at the back of the building so I wasn't affected by the street noise. The bed was comfortable, although I'm not a fan of bolsters. There is a nice cafe downstairs where a glass of red wine costs 1.20 euros - not bad!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

No wifi in bedrooms. This should be standard in all hotels in the 21st century.

Great location. All inclusive meals were excellent value. Accommodation was reasonable but would have been nice to have a higher standard. But you get what you pay for!

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

Bar staff were great, but the one male waiter made us feel so unwelcome we stopped using the hotel bar. No problem, though, since there were so many other bars around.

Lady allocating tables for meals was outstanding, always smiling and friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

The noise from the street, but we got used to it and generally enjoyed our holiday. Thank you.

The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful, especially Leonard on reception. For the price I couldn't have expected more than sufficient which it was. Food was very good!

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

no tv no air conditioning parking is bad food is bad ,would rather sleep in ghandis flip flop ,the only place i know where the flys commit suicide before they entre

Air con only worked @summer “ months . Didn’t know

Dated room.

Clean comfortable & a good shower.

Food was terrible.. waitress in restaurant was rude!!

Excellent value for price paid

NOTHING NOT TO LIKE

EVERYTHING GREAT FOOD BASIC GOOD AND TASTY

Location was great. Staff very friebdly

Very clean, friendly staff, good food, very good value for money

Excellent very clean this our 2nd time and will book again

Lift too small could only fit 4 people in

Close to beach and all shopping/restaurants.

Ideally situated in the old town for discovering Benidorm.

For the price you pay there really isnt anything not to like.

The location and staff and spotlessly clean

The choice at mealtimes

Location and price we paid

no complaints

excellent location rooms clean beds comfy food basic but fine near to tapas bars close to beach could not ask for much more

Great location, friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Value for money

Breakfast was not for me more made for none uk people ended up eating breaky elsewhere

Nice stay in old Benidorm

could not fault anything about hotel

nothing.

food plane and simple, hotel clean, our room was very clean including all the bedding . I was impressed as it is only a 2 star hotel .

the bar was very very good loved it

Nil

All

rather noisy at night

The heating was on a timer,came on at 2 am?

The cafe bar,plenty of hot water for showers and baths

Basic ..food not that good

noise at night time

I liked its location and excellent value. It was also clean but could be noisy at night at rear of building

Walls were quite thin .

Fab location. Noisy but that’s to be expected to be in the middle of the Benidorm fiesta .

Not enough towels in rooms

Updating needed otherwise ok

Breakfast ok room comfortable staff ok maid every day near to everything we need

Staff could have been a bit more friendly and room was freezing cold during night

Hotel in ideal location for old town and beach

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Excellent location and very helpful staff. Food ok for a 2 star hotel. Would go back.

THE FOOD WAS PRETTY BASIC, NOT A GREAT DEAL OF CHOICE, BREAKFAST AND EVENING MEALS MUCH THE SAME EVERY DAY.