Reviews of Hotel Mayorazgo 4 stars

Flor Baja, 3, Madrid City Centre, 28013 Madrid, Spain

#160 of 327 hotels in Madrid

I liked everything!

I loved this hotel! People, room service, accomodations, and support were very good. Close to stores and restaurants. I hope to go to Madrid again and no doubt I will be in this hotel!

• Economy Double or Twin Room

It´s super noisy, noises from the street but specially from the corridors and other rooms can be heard at any time!!! Very very bad to sleep. Doors slamming all the time as well. Breakfast far too expensive for the things available. Not recommended!

The only good thing is the location which doesn´t justify the money.

• Double or Twin Room

The elevators were too much small and there are only 2 which only 3 persons maximum enters without the elevator alerts of over weight.

The breakfast is very lovely and delicious. Has an amazing churros. The crew of the hotel are very lovely and helpful. The location is perfect, in the center of the touristic and shopping lovers. The rooms are lovely decorated and the bathrooms are comfortable. Will come back.

One of the reasons we booked this hotel was the roof terrace. We were told by the hotel this was only for private functions and guests were not allowed access.

Nice, clean, comfortable rooms. Location excellent

• Double or Twin Room

Overwhelming smell of vanilla in lobby and room. Room very basic room with uncomfortable pillow. For amount we paid it was disappointing. Our window in the room looked out to a painted red cement towering courtyard which was absolutely bare. In one of the rooms above us there was a family that were enjoying a party until 2 am, all the noise bounced off courtyard walls. Not at all possible to sleep and we had early morning flight.

Staff were nice. Bathroom Reno excellent.

Staff did not have my room ready on arrival, despite requesting early check in and I only arrived 30-20 min before the regular check in as well. I was in a hurry for work and they told me there were no rooms ready that they could put me in and whilst I waited continued to give keys and check in (before 2pm!) 5 different rooms whilst absolutely ignoring me. Room was very tiny when I finally got it. I had to wash quickly only to realise I was missing a shower/hand towel - only had one... The bathroom was not clean to satisfactory level. Floor and bathtub had stains during my stay. Windows probably haven't been washed in a year. During the night the room had no soundproofing so I couldn't sleep as I could hear everyone waking through the corridor and chatting. Even the noise from the street with my balcony open was not as loud as the noise from inside. On my second and last day I saw an invasion of pharaoh ants on the floor of my room that was taking over my things. I was on the 5th floor so they didn't get in from the garden... I grabbed everything I had and went downstairs - I would've checked out in next hour or so anyway but was not offered any kind of compensation, just heard "oh sorry it doesn't usually happen" ??? I had ants walking over my belongings and creeping into my bed ffs. I had to leave my suitcase at the hotel as i was about to run some errands before leaving and was promised my belongings will be washed with some special anti ant product (so much for "this doesn't usually happen") but when I picked my luggage up there were still a couple of ants on it. Now I am anxious about bringing them home.

Good location and rooms with balconies. Hotel has potential but needs a lot of improvement to not disappoint someone expecting a 4*.

The lobby decor could be updated a little bit. Terrace in room also faced nothing.

The location was great! Walked to el Prado, retido park, and there are a ton of great plazas with shopping very close by. The room was big and the beds were very comfortable. The restaurant in the lobby was also delicious.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The room was interior, no views and the windows did not open more than a gap. Also the AC did not work during the whole stay and none of the staff gave me any solutions.

The room was well decorated and the location of the hotel was very central.

• Double or Twin Room

No tea-making facilities in the room. No residents bar. The evenings finished just a little bit too early at times. We don't even drink a lot but it wud have been nice to have a nightcap or coffee before bed

Lovely rooms, location

• Double or Twin Room

Controlling air-conditioning was not possible in the room. There was an unpleasant smell in second floor corridor’s carpets. Some staff were not willingly available, giving the impression the reception desk was understaffed at some times.

The hotel sits one block off Madrid’s Gran Via, well located between Plaza de España and Plaza Callao, with their corresponding subway stations. The room is nicely decorated and actually noise-free despite being in the second floor.

• Double or Twin Room

I would have like the bar to stay open past midnight.. if this hotel had a Jacuzzi to rest your bones after walking round Madrid all day then it would be a top class hotel

The decor was unique. Loved the old wooden trunks n stain glass. Breakfast was amazing. Great choice. Bed very comfy.

• Double or Twin Room

Not the hotel's fault as it is so central, but it was a noisy Saturday night outside on the streets and we had a marathon early next morning. So we didnt get much sleep.

The beds were super comfy. The showers were amazing. Breakfast was good and staff were so nice.

Jesus at the front desk was great. Reservations for a flamenco, got in our room early, helped and had a great attitude and smile every time we seen him. Breakfast was unbelievable! Yum !

Everything was great.

Correction from previous post that needs to be deleted as I thought I was rating a different property. This hotel was exceptional ! Location was great, beautiful inside including our room. Staff was very friendly and helpful

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The hotel is really good, the view from the terrace was awesome (5th floor). The room was clean with all conveniences, bed was comfortable, bathroom was spacios. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I didn't try restaurant facilities of this hotel, so can't judge.

• Superior Triple Room

We chose this hotel due to its proximity from train station atocha and other attractions, eg it's a 10 mins walk to Primark Gran Via. Taking uber is the easiest way. Big bonus for this hotel is all the staff have good teamwork and able to deliver excellent and friendly services. Room is clean and well decorated though no electric kettle, you're able to get hot water from the restaurant. There were welcome drink and biscuits sent to our room. Highly recommended.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Safe didn’t work in room and roof terrace closed for construction.

Great location on Gran Via, quick walk from stores and restaurants and even the palace. Restaurant on site and staff were very helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Shower drain slow draining. Sink drain was a bit smelly only after using.

Location was great. Staff really we had a problem with our room on arrival reception moved us no problem.

The room was ridiculously small. One bed and one single chair, that was all. No writing desk. The bathroom was ok but the bathtub was not meant to be used as it lacked a plugg. Thus only usable for shower and as such uncomfortable. The heating was out of order and I spent a cold night. The bed lightning came from the ceiling and was unpleasant for reading. Finally the safe was not working. I was however told when checking out that if I had paid a supplement of 2 € it would have worked! The breakfast at 14 € was not worth it. This is not a 4 star hotel, at the best a 3 star!

The restaurant, it's food and personel was excellent.

the lift is small

the room and toilet is clean.with nice decorations.my room is facing the main streets which hv a good view. the room is large.the staffs are very helpful and with good manners. i will definetely book this hotel again.in futuren very convenient..near to shopping area and metro station. Halal food is also available walking distance from the hotel.thank you to all staff which make our stay very oleasant

• Double or Twin Room

surprised to find the bar closed at midnight.. the reception decor was quite dated and a little tired.

excellent room and bed, big bathroom and towels changed every day. very good choice at breakfast.. staff very helpful and informative.

• Double or Twin Room

The renovated bathroom is spacious and comfortable. The idea of an open shower is very bad - when you take a shower - you splash and you have to wipe the floor. It is highly recommended to add a complete closure of the shower stall. The television did not work well and could not fix the problem.

We stayed at the hotel a few years ago - and we came back again. The hotel is very well located within walking distance from all major attractions. Due to the inclement weather - we took taxis, in nice weather - you can walk to all the main sites and all the major museums. The room was spacious and renovated and was very cozy and comfortable. Breakfast is very good.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Noise. Bad rooms phonic isolation. You can hear discutions from next rooms and the lobby. Bad smell coming from bathroom.

Very good location. Close to metro station and turistic objectives.

• Double or Twin Room

If there was something I could change, it would be if they could give a couple of free bottles of water in the room, as we spent 6.60Euros on just 2 bottles of water!

Fantastic hotel. This is the second time I have stayed at the hotel and I would definitely recommend to others. I would rate it 10/10.

• Double or Twin Room

Although there's laundry services but if there are washing machines that can insert coins, that will be even better The lift was very small... can only fit 2 person plus two 28 inch luggage

There's a balcony in our room with beach chairs, which I liked it a lot The room was quite big (You can live with 3 people without being too squishy Located near Gran Via, so there're shops and restaurants nearby, which we could spend almost the whole day walking on Gran Via The room was filled with paintings as well so very good

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

The walls seem to be paper thin! I could clearly hear a normal conversation from the next room. I find a piano in the lobby a lovely thing, but not when I can hear it clearly in my room on the first floor as if I was next to it. The hotel is very central just next to the busiest street I did get a lot of the street noise in my room too. I did ask for a different room away from the street, unfortunately couldn't get one as apparently it would be a downgrade and couldn't be done!?

Location (very central and a short walk to the Metro), lobby, room, bathroom, staff.

No shower gel for 3 of the 4 days, poor quality towels - stained and too old

Clean rooms, great shower, comfortable bed, very friendly and helpful staff.

• Double or Twin Room

Had to pay extra for in room safe. Never heard of this before. Quite petty. Should make free like every other hotel we have stayed in.

Very comfortable and great location.

• Quadruple Room

The only downside is the room quite small

Hand down the best buffet breakfast I have on my Europe trip. it was a prime location close to restaurant and shops. The room was clean. The staff was helpful and they fulfill all the requested that we ask.

• Double or Twin Room

Our initial room booked online looked inward at the external walls of the rest of hotel and the color of the wall gave the room a pink glow. Was able to pay extra and upgrade to a better room. Adding a nespresso maker to the rooms for in-room coffee would be appreciated.

This is an old building tucked away just off a main Street in Madrid. The staff were friendly and helpful and we were able to upgrade to a room with a terrace for a reasonable charge. They had a Spanish musician playing on their cozy rooftop bar which we enjoyed.

• Double or Twin Room

Poor Wi-Fi signal, had to request shower gel twice, good staff but require more training, No oat or porridge ou muesli available for breakfast, coffee and milk could be served at the table. I expected more for a 4 star hotel

Roof top bar , excellent bathroom, comfy bed, great location

• Double or Twin Room

Room is very clean and spacious. Our room did not include breakfast but we paid for it and was glad we did because it was very good value! Very comfortable bed! Only a short walk to the major sights.

Not very comfortable; hallways are very dark; despite the fragrance along hallways and lobby, it cannot mask the old smell of the place

Spacious room; fast check-out; location is easy to access; good and affordable breakfast

We did NOT get the room I paid for. We were stuck in a child's bedroom with bunk beds. A bunk is NOT the same as was advertised (and booked) three twin beds. I called and requested the correct room. The staff was very rude and said they only had ONE room with 3 twins and it was already booked. They gave no options. NO customer service. YES false advertising. There was PUBIC HAIR on the windows in the bathroom! It was a CHEAP hotel. No extras AT ALL. The staff took advantage of us b/c we did not know the language well. The DOOR LOCK to the room was completely broken! The screw fell out and probably did not even lock. It was HOT in the room, no thermostat, but when we opened the window, there was a very LOUD BLOWER right there. Absolutely TERRIBLE stay! I travel a lot for work, especially international, this was to be a gift to my family our precious last night together before having to separate. I definitely felt taken.

• Double or Twin Room

sign of wear and tear not taken care of. Noise from the machine room too close to some of the guests rooms, lift too small, only one armchair in the room, breakfast not included for the price of £160 per night.

spacious room, large beds, roof terrace, location, staff at the reception, luggage keeping, taxi booking.

• Double or Twin Room

Great sized modern room with very good facilities and always clean. Excellent location near many of the tourist attractions, restaurants and shops. Staff were friendly and very helpful. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Broken window. A couple of rowdy people one night kept us and our son awake. €30 a day parking was a little high and was charged for 2 full days when it was parked for a little over a day.

Staff were very friendly. Good location.

• Double or Twin Room

No king or queen size beds available. Two twins pulled together, okay but not the most comfortable

Wonderful combination of old world charm with modern conveniences

• Double or Twin Room

As a tea drinker there was no kettle provided in the rooms or ironing facility.

Staff were very friendly and helpful Fantastic location for public transport shops, markets and museums Staff assisted our requests instantly.

The hotel was not at all clean, there was dirt on the carpets, the bathroom floor had hair from the former guests still there! The bathtub, bath walls and the sink were also not clean. Some of the staff are very rude and uncooperative, something I also read in many other reviews. We had to pay 1 euro weigh EACH bag! For a so-called 4 star hotel, this service should be free of charge! Value for money is very low, the hotel is barely a 2 star hotel masquerading as a 4 star hotel. In short, I will never be returning to this hotel, but I will definitely return to Madrid! Wonderful weekend getaway ruined by a poor hotel!

Only the location to recommend this hotel. It's in the middle of the city center, surrounded by all the important sights and shopping areas. I would recommend the Madrid city tour bus, one or two day ticket and you can see all the sights, hop on and off wherever you feel like!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The ac wasnt working, we asked if it can be fixed and they told us would, but it didnt happen. We read another review on google saying the same about the ac. The walls are thin, one night in the room next to us stayed a group of girls and they yelled and we could hear them like they were inside our room, point to the hotel, tho, we called the reception and they got there in a few mins asking them to be quiet.

The location is amazing, in a coerner on the Gran Via, very close to Plaza Espania and Callao, very close to the metro that takes you everywhere. Having 2 sinks and very nice, and the shower is amazing, although we didnt get the bath Breakfast has enough varieties. beer at the bar of the hotel is not expensive. The rooms are very pretty and big.

• Quadruple Room

Elevators, stuff, size of the fridge (can not accommodate champagne bottle.

No free breakfast, no shuttles, lousy bar, personnel spoke some English not very friendly, elevator fits 2.

We had to leave

The staff was very friendly and attentive. Gave us good recommendations for sightseeing and touring around. The Breakfast was very good and dinner delicious. Great location near public transport and landmarks

The air conditioner in my room (330) worked only for the first 20 minutes and then automatically stopped working every time. I could not sleep well as it was extremely hot in the room. Considering that I came to Madrid for business meetings it was terrible to have sleepless nights due to air conditioner failure. After my first night of stay, on July 24 morning, I complained to the hotel staff and he said that I was not switching air conditioner in the right way. In room 330 the air conditioner had only a simple switch on/off. I believed the male hotel staff that it was my mistake and for the whole night was trying both options one by one. In the both positions, the air conditioner was performing fairly for the first 5 to 20 minutes and then automatically turned itself off. This way I spent the second night at this hotel. On July 25 I made another complaint that air conditioner was not working, however this time the male staff said that conditioner system was not working temporary everywhere in the hotel and it will be fixed “today”. Yet, the next day, July 26, the air conditioner still was not working. I made another complaint, and this time the same male staff said that it is only the problem in my room and they will fix it “now”. On July 27, the air conditioner was not working as well. And the temperature outside was between 32 and 39 Celsius! That night I had a very severe asthma attack due to extreme temperature in the room. Early morning of July 27, I again complained to the staff. I did my best to be nice while talking to the staff, but that was too much! I was so completely exhausted and reasonably angry after these sleepless nights without air conditioner and required to do something with air conditioning immediately. This time the male staff told me “I cannot do anything about it. Everywhere in Europe we have a policy to turn off air conditioning for day time and night time”.

Bakery and cheese for a breakfast was good. Everything else - was just a disaster!

• Quadruple Room

We had a male staff at the reception who was not friendly at all. In general we felt that we were not welcomed from the staff. Also we had to pay for the safe in the room to be able to use it. We visited Barcelona and Valencia and the staff there was amazing. We booked for a room for 4 adults and we got a tiny room with one double bed and 2 tiny bunk beds, so we had to book for another extra room.

The location is perfect and the room was clean.

• Double or Twin Room

Worst wifi connection ever, basically it has none. I tried to connect at different time of the day but it was so slow that I wasn't able to use anything. I called front desk twice and the answer were "too many people are connected and that's the best wifi Spain has. I don't believe that answer since we had no problem with wifi connection at the apartment that we stayed in Barcelona. It's time for some IT upgrade. Also the bed and pillows were hard & not very comfortable.

Convenient location, near many shops and restaurants. The hotel rooms size was decent. The elevator is tiny but I think that's the usual size in Europe.

Nada

Very friendly and helpful staff, wonderful breakfast with a great range of options, spacious room with good facilities. Centrally located, just off gran via, and within easy walking distance of the centre and public transport.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Wifi was the slowest on earth, I was here on business and had to go to a coffee place to send emails. Rooms are dates and in a need of a renovation. Cleaning was very poor.

Great location and spacious room

• Double or Twin Room

Roof top bar very expensive dearer then the hotel drinks

Breakfast was good value for money plenty of choice - rooms were lovely and clean, spacious - overall good value for money - central location as well

The washrooms are not well maintained and not properly lit.

I liked the dinner and the service we received at the restaurant. We did not opt for the buffet dinner, but went into their restaurant. The staff was very friendly and accomodated our requests.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff are very rude. Specifically the front desk people. A young guy with balck hair I think his name is Pablo. Extremely rude person and was not helpful at all. The wifi doesn't work, and if you want to use the safe you have to pay a daily fee . The breakfast they offer is not worth the 12 euro. In conclusion, I would never stay at this hotel again. I have stayed at other 4 star hotels in Spain and enjoyed it ,but this was the worst. It should be ranked 2 stars for the bad customer service.

The location.

• Double or Twin Room

We mailed them 4 times to request an airport transfer and never got a reply. We had to take public transport to get to the hotel ( hate taxis, always rip us off!)

location was excellent. Staff very friendly when asked where we could finda restaurant where locals go.

air conditioning in room was fair not cool enough

very centrally located and easy to walk to the main attractions ie. palace and main street with shopping and shows

• Quadruple Room

Overall, no complaints. The room was clean and the AC was good (it helped that the heat wasn't oppressive - a rarity in Madrid). There's a very nice bar on the 6th floor for those who'd like to unwind after a day of walking around. The city has so much energy. Be prepared to be up very late, everyone else is.

• Quadruple Room

The air conditioning is not individual to the unit. The air conditioning was turned off and it became hot and stuffy in the room and we did not sleep comfortably. (we have been in Spain before and it appears this is the norm for hotels).

The room was spacious and updated and clean. We were 4 in total and felt very comfortable in the room. The room decoration was appealing. The bathroom was large and very comfortable.

Room adjacent to an alleyway which seemed to have itinerant visitors during the night.

Good location, full facilities, good rooms. Good entertainment one of the evenings

• Double or Twin Room

A bit old fashion and a noisy room due to the aircon room on the same floor. Staff was informed and they duly took note of the noise issue.

The customer service is very good

• Economy Double or Twin Room

I booked a double bed, they provided 2 single beds. There was no cold water in the shower, only hot water and the bathroom light could not switch off. The hair dryer was broken, and the location of room was extremely noisy. I arranged for a late check out, only to find that they charged 30Euro - no one mentioned this!

The first night the terraza was rented out for a private function so we didn't have access. On the second night the restaurant was rented out and we didn't have access to that either. This normally wouldn't have been so much of an issue other than we were travelling with an infant and it was 40 degrees outside so we were kind of confined to whatever limited space was available to us in the hotel.

The staff were very attentive and helpful. Given how busy they were this was extra appreciated.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

The lack of control on the temperature on the room, and lack of natural light. The window was very small.

Confy bed, and modern bathroom, and breakfast until 11am.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Stayed here 10 years ago and the same issues were present then.Took ages to get hot water to the shower, problems with plumbing. Teenagers running around the hotel corridors noisy and unsupervised

The hotel staff especially Mariana were all so helpful and friendly, easy to get around Madrid from the hotel

The cleaning lady left a window open and the air conditioning was not working when we got back to the room. It took about two hours for someone from the front desk to come up to or room to check out the air conditioning.

The property was located within walking distance of several places of interest.

• Quadruple Room

The only thing I would flaw and it's minute - We were charged €6 for a champagne bucket of ice to be brought to the room, but the iron had no charge.

This stay was for a friend's Hen weekend away. Hotel was amazing, all of us commented on how great it was. From the location to rooms to bar, just overall couldn't rate it enough. The Bar was super helpful with the drinks whilst we were upstairs and Gabriel on reception gave us great info on places to eat/drink. The extra bonus was our room was Zoo themed and the wedding proposal had been in a Zoo so we found this coincidentally funny. I will defo be back on any future trips to Madrid

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Quadruple Room

The property's location is 1+ miles from the prado and major shopping areas. After one day at the royal palace and cathedral, most of the other activities were a pretty long walk away +30min so taking the underground or a taxi is key. The basement garage was very convenient but was very small for the van we rented. More appropriate for a small car.

This property was located near the main Cathedral and Royal Place. Plenty of places to eat and be entertained. The staff had an English speaker and arranged for many activities in Madrid.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Location was great! easy access to metro on both sides. Lot of sightseeing places were just walking distance. Breakfast was good. Rooftop bar was superb. Very relaxing

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

AC was weak so the room got stuffy, had to be wary of water leaking out of the bathroom when showering and they used a very strong perfume in the lobby, you may or may not like it!

The room was great with super comfy beds. The location of the hotel was perfect, walking distance to transport and attractions. Hotel staff were helpful and friendly!

• Double or Twin Room

The outlook from the room was poor as it was from the top floor terrace

Excellent staff and breakfast. Great location surrounded by a variety of restaurants and close to many principal sights

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The noise from the corridor is not enough shut down

I ask for a nice room because it was a special moment for me. And they gave us a very nice room and everything I required. The staff is very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Quadruple Room

We booked the hotel with the understanding breakfast was included, however, the hotel did not think so and the reception manager was extremely rude and yelling at us. Very unpleasant. The hairdryer in the room did not work and because of the treatment with the breakfast we never said so. We did not want to engage with the hotel more than necessary.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

This is a beautiful small hotel located right in the main shopping and entertainment area of Madrid. Our rooms were very comfortable, the staff was helpful, and the bathrooms were above-average in size and amenities. There is a small bar in the reception area where we were able to sip wine to the sounds of live piano music. We also enjoyed relaxing on the rooftop terrace and taking in the views. The hip area of Malasana is a short walk away, with plenty of bars and restaurants. The hotel is right off Gran Via with its retail stores, and the main shopping area begins just across the street. Altogether, this hotel offers a great value for Madrid.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The lobby is very ugly and old. They should make renovation of furniture. It has no relation the room and the general facilities

The room was very nice, completly new. Really nice Good location.

Our rooms were quite dark on the ground floor and the windows were frosted as they opened to a small inner yard with no views. The Internet signal was not very good.

The whole of the staff were fantastic, welcoming and helpful. They allowed us to check in early and leave the luggage until we were ready to go to the airport. There is a nice terrace bar at the top of the building. The whole place is very atmospheric evocative of traditional Madrid culture. The rooms are themed with different local points of interest.

• Double or Twin Room

There was no tea or coffee in the room. Breakfast was not included. The breakfast which i paid for was below expectation. Staff at the restaurant during breakfast were not friendly and dry.

Location was very good. The people at the reception were friendly.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

it was centrally located and the within walking distance to just every thing one wishes to visit. The staff was very good, but a bit noisy sometimes with young people yelling at each other down the hall way. Only one night of that noise. Breakfast was adequate.

• Quadruple Room

Could do with an extractor fan in the bathroom, but that would be all.

Loved our room, even with 4 people staying in it, it didn't feel too tight. The décor was also fabulous, especially as we were there on a footballing break! Location was great; close to the metro and no more than 10 mins walk to Sol but close to loads of restaurants, bars and shops.

Browse Hotel Mayorazgo traveller photo gallery