Reviews of Hotel Mediodía 3 stars

San Cristóbal, 13, 07600 El Arenal, Spain

#33 of 41 hotels in El Arenal

5.6

Nice staff, perfect location.

Noisy during night time, room was smaller what I expected, but the balcony was huge!

Nice staff, perfect location. Breakfast and dinner were pretty ok

First time in Mallorca

The TV had no english channel. Everything else was perfect! :)

The food for breakfast and dinner, the location, thr view from our room, and their helpfulness, they made our room ready earlier than the check-in time, so we could had our rest earlier :)

Only for young companies to hang out

Really too much noise 24/7,not only from this hotel. A lot of drank young tourists,mainly from Germany with bad manners. Might be quite unpleasant surrounding for visitors after 30. Both breakfast and dinner are very poor,without traditional Spanish kitchen.

Perhaps,the best location in comparison with other cheap hotels. You won't be hungry. Good place if you like drinking 24/7 and shouting at the top of your voice no matter what,but it's better from the balcony after midnight. Really friendly and tolerant staff,my respect! I can hear everything what my neighbors are doing,especially at night,that's why you will definitely be aware your friends favorite activities 😊

The room was good size and clean

There was always gangs of german tourists in the door way to the hotel smoking drinking and shouting you had to fight your way through to get in . The pool was very tiny and no sun on area at all . There was loud partys going on all the time with the german tourists the food was very basic pretty much same all the time and we ended up moving out of the hotel 2 days earlier and booked into another resort . It should be mad clear that the area is a party season for german tourists this is very intimidating area for english tourists awful

The room was good size and clean

Disappointed

It was too much the noise! There were lots of German boys ,obviously drunk they were knocking on our door in the middle of the night,shouting,pushing the doors... We have a baby boy his is 10 months old. He was awake all night ,crying.. We understand that these people are young and they are going on holiday for the party but still they should behave during the night. After the second night like this I spoke with the people on the reception,they moved us to another room . There was basically the same. Very disappointed. I will never go again.we like to travel all over the world but it was never happen something like this before anywhere else...

Room hasn't privacy because of clairaudience and the...

Room hasn't privacy because of clairaudience and the lower door crack was maybe 20 cm big ;(. Beds were uncomfortable. Breakfast and dinner were very unhealthy and disgusting. Even yoghurt and milk was watered down... Personal at the checkin was very unfriendly. Room was too cold and the air conditioning could not be disabled. So we asked for extra blankets but this was apparently a problem for the staffs, so we had to ask for 4 times but nothing happens. At next day we try in sign language to get blankets from the cleaners - they furnish us with and were friendly. Location is fantastic - 1 min. to Playa! But all the rest is not recommended.

Disappointed

Our room

Food was good. Cleanliness was good but that was it. I requested a see view through booking.com. I understand this could not be guaranteed but I did not expect a view of the complete extremely large noisy air-conditioning system which was the view we had from our top floor room caged-in terrace !! I did complain and was moved after 2 days to another room with a very small sea view between 2 buildings. My husband and I were only staying for 4 days!! So the whole short break was very disappointing. Don't be fooled by the pictures of the view like I was.

It could have been a great stay had they provided the blanket to us but they didnt.

The room was on the 10th Floor and they didnt tell us that the heating is not working for the room and we didnt realize that there are no blankets and when we came back to our room in the evening we found it really cold and then inquired at the reception about the blankets .The lady at the reception said that there are no blankets available and why we didnt tell her earlier.It was kind of weird for us because when you book a hotel stay it is expected that we will get the blankets. Somehow the other person from the hotel staff arranged a sheet which was too smelly.

I liked the location of the hotel and also the fact that it was very near to the Beach. One extra thing that I would like to mention about the Reception is that She allowed us an early check in which was very helpful for us.

A hotel well worth returning to

A very multi national hotel with very few Brits holidaying here, there was no entertainment at night. The meals were adequate but a bit on the cool side, although a microwave was provided

Very convenient to sea and promenade , near many Tapas bars which were also used by the locals at reasonable prices eg. A cup of tea & a glass of wine €2 . The receptionist moved us to to nicer room the next morning after our early hours arrival, this was without our asking. A very well appreciated gesture. THe meals were acceptable but could have been warmer, our room was spotless

Brilliant stay, bed was comfy, great location, lovely food,...

Only downside was there was only one pillow on the bed which made it slightly uncomfortable to begin with but as I got used to it, got a good nights sleep

Brilliant stay, bed was comfy, great location, lovely food, staff was really friendly although language was barrier at times

Overall a nice stay. Somewhere to sleep and eat and you're close to a lot to explore areas.

Bedrooms are quite dated. Requested a view of any description but were given a white wall to look at out our window (I guess someone has to) but wasn't very nice.

Bathrooms were great and new. Breakfast and dinner buffet is standard food to fill your belly. Good value for money

Friendly and helpful staff.

A huge amount of noisy german guests. Breakfast was the same every day. Dinner was good but could be better.

Friendly and helpful staff. I requested a room with balcony - and got it! Sea was really close, only 3-4 minutes from the hotel. I also liked the desserts for breakfast and dinner.

Very exciting. Will come back again.

Water should have been complimentary. But not really a problem.

Very comfortable room. Buffet has variety and was filling. Very close to the beach literally 30 seconds walk. close to shops and the airport as well as Mallorca City centre.

Hotel ok ! Food appalling! Location pretty Good! But very German not for bri

Went half board! Big mistake! The hotel was from the 80s ... the food from the 70s! Very poor ! Eat breakfast once and evening meal once! Wouldn't eat there again! Balcony not private enough!

Room cleaned every day .. New towels! Quite a good position.. near the beach!

Please avoid it.

Everything horrible especially for 85 bucks a night. I could not believe the closet door was lean against the wall by the bed.

Just awful for 85 bucks a night. Definitely feel like I been robbed.

It was good, although there's room for improvement in some areas.

Agreed it's a 3 star hotel and the best cannot be expected, but a kettle and some tea / coffee making facilities in the room, would be much appreciated. No shower gel / shampoo provided. Blankets had not been provided in every room - it does get a bit cold at night. Food could be prepared to a much better standard, with some more varieties. Better lift facilities required.

Friendly staff, clean room with balcony, location (Close to beach and shops).

Never again will i stay there.

The food was terrible low standard. I will never book this hotel again. Breakfast leftovers was brought for dinner. Tasteless not worth the money i paid to stay there..

The location was ok. Staff pleasant. Fairly clean

Good

Walls are thin so its noisy. Stayed one night only and dinner was quite bad. Meat/fish was terrible even though I am not snob towards food. Didnt try the italian table (pizza, lasagne, etc) so maybe they were good. Salad bar was ok, fresh and tasty. In overall food is ok as you dont expect much from this room price. The smell in a room was terrible like strong cheap cleaning products or something. I was ok wiht that but know some ppl that would feel bad and wont be staying at the room any longer.

Location is perfect, very good breakfast (tasty coffee, big plus), spacious nice clean bathroom.

Choose only for a night's stay. Passable for a long stay.

Definitely not a 3 Star accommodation. Linens were not great, room was smelling and had a old CRT television. Its been ages since I saw a CRT television - felt I have gone back by 15 years in time. Water was not draining fast in the bathroom.

Only positive is the location of the property which is close to the El Arenal beach and about 4 Km from the Airport. Taxi from airport cost us 20 Euros

Food below average, excellent location, very clean

Lack of parking space made us spend at least half an hour every day trying to find any parking space available. The waiting/dining room staff were not very friendly and would start putting the food away at least 5 minutes before the end of the meals time. The food was below average and pretty much the same every day (this includes serving roast from the day before and fermented watermelon). No free drinks (neither hot or cold) with dinner and those available from the menu very expensive (including water).

The room was always very clean and the housekeeping staff was really nice. The hotel is located very close to the beach.

Would NOT recommend or return

Beds hard. Day staff rude. Balcony size of a postage stamp in the shade permanently with a partial view of a shaded pool and someone's back yard.

Night staff. Location.

Is not a 3 stars hotel!

Room old fashion and very noisy, services,the lift not working,air conditioning set to 19° can't manage the temperature,it was too cold and forced to switch off at times. breakfasts and dinner was served by buffet, to be honest it was the worst food I ever eat on my enrire life, also not plenty choices and the food every day was almost the same. They don't offer nothing to drink not even water, you need to pay for that. very disappointed.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Nice breakfast and dinner, very good location, 1 min walk to...

We asked for a room for non smoking quests but we gof for smokers. In the room was no balcony but only a window with a view on another buliding.

Nice breakfast and dinner, very good location, 1 min walk to the beach

Please stay away from this hotel if you are looking for quiet place with good food.

Food - I wouldn't recommend, poor quality - only good thing was oranges Very noisy at night - don't think about resting - great for young people doing parties Tiny TV set. Towels smells like bleach - do not use it.

We were lucky that we only booked one night otherwise the holiday would be disaster.

Lovely holidays in El Arenal, Mallorca

Well, everything was good. However I think, the staff should consider replacing one of the lifts. There are two lifts in the property, but every day the smaller one was breaking down. As a result, there was always a queue to the second lift.

The hotel is situated very close to the coast and beach. In our case, we had a room with view to the coast. The breakfasts and suppers were included in the price (breakfasts: buffet with tasty food and free juices; supper: also buffet with ice creams, but drinks must be purchased). There is also a drink bar, so in the evening you can drink Mojito :) The cleaning service is very good. Also, there is a WIFI in the room (the password is generated at check-in for every guest)

The pool is like a pond if you can even call it a pool. The hotel is Old and dated and needs a refurb. They put a party of 2 in a box room on the 9th floor with NO balcony which was awful, when we complained we were moved to a better room on the the 4th floor with a balcony! The rooms on the 9th floor should be put of bands!!!

The location is the only good thing!

The position is good, very closed to the local beach, rather...

One member of the staff didn't let us use the computer to do our flight check in. Parking is very very difficult.

The position is good, very closed to the local beach, rather quite despite being in Arenal and near the airport (15min by car). Playa Estrenc (so beautiful) is 30 minutes far away by car. The Hotel is near a street full of disco pubs with free entry and nice music. I recommend Beach House and Shooters!!!

So rubbish with them the worst put them on my Life i see

I didn't like because was the same food every day and the food didn't have even test to eat ,I don't like anything . On 16 July I go to hotel N didn't give me to eat because I was late and they supposed to give me food for that day, and I tell to that lady because I don't eat on 16 July can I eat on 25 July she said no you have to Pey money ,if you wantet to eat. I didn't was happy at all The rubbish hotel on my life I see I'm not going to go never there

We didn't had air conditioning like it was described,tv...

We didn't had air conditioning like it was described,tv didn't worked,room to small,supposed to be a double bed,it was 2singles,the natural light couldn't get in because of the buildings around.To much noise and everyone was slapping doors(other wise doesn't close)

tasty baquette every day , lots of food choice( for...

tasty baquette every day , lots of food choice( for vegetarian and vegan as well), bar and a restaurant staff very professional, they even member what we like to have to drink at dinner time.

Great location, disappointing food

The breakfast selection was limited and the meat was disgusting. The only thing fresh was tomato. The dinner was a bit better, but on some days there was nothing tasteful to eat.

Beach in 3mins walk

Quite nice and good located

not much light in the room, almost impossible to do make-up in the night with such a poor light, and there was one lamp which didnt work at all, we asked on first day of stay to fix it but until the end of our stay nobody cam to fix it. Balcony is divided just with small wall so basicaly you can see all your neighbours, so no privacy on the balcony at all, very small swimming pool surrounded by walls from every side Loud german neighbours everywhere

perfect location, close to the beach, bars and shops, good breakfast and dinner with lot of variety of food, clean room with big terrace

Hotel Mediocre

The food was poor, no labels so hard to tell what certain food was, it was bland and cold, no drinks with evening meal not even water when paying 1/2 board, sink leaked in bathroom, bed slats were broken, full of youths so the noise was horrendous. Tiny lifts barely enough room for 2 people with luggage. No shower and change facilities on last day if late evening flight. No tea or coffe facilities in the room.

The balcony with the sea view

Breakfast and dining staff were very friendly.

No double beds were available, even though that was what we booked. reception staff were not in the least bit helpful.

Breakfast and dining staff were very friendly.

its close to the beach, nice beach, bus stops, taxi station

very crowded, smelly place, very disappointing view from a small window....very noisy, average age of other guests under 20. Like a hostel. Slow elevators, air conditioning goes only when you stay at the room with closed window. Receptionist non communicative and unhelpful...Pay in advance....This place is only for having party, not for relax and for pleasure. Moreover the foto of the hotel is not realistic, the hotel looks like a very old fashioned not attractive from all side.

its close to the beach, nice beach, bus stops, taxi station

Hell hole

Hell hole. Should not be on the site. It is a youth hostel. We moved out after 2 days. Not suitable for children or families. Only for stag parties

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Nice and helpful stuff, clean room close to the beach

Not for relaxing in the summertime, many of the guests are young and are parting all the time. I thought I was staying next to a club. Fortunatelly, the security of the hotel took over it :-)

Very helpful and kind stuff, perfect location ( for me)

Good value, excellent location, helpful staff

Small swimming pool in the shade, but this didn't matter as the beach is only 3 minutes walk.

The evening meals were tasty, staff very friendly and helpful. Very close to beach.

Not go there !

The furniture very old, the room was very small, we asked for a room with balcony, but it wasn't.The food very very poor and it wasn't delicious.It doesn't exist a place for smoke.The window view was scary. It was only for one night, after it we went to a very beautiful hotel !

The location, near the beach, free wifi

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Comfortable, good value for cheap money.

Very noisy Young german guest at Night. And no personel telling them to be quiet.

Good value for the Money. Just missing nutella ar breakfast and maybe more options of Meat at dinner. Otherwise really good!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Cheap stay near the beach

I found someones hairs in my bed and crumpled sheets - I presume, that I was not first who was sleeping on same linen.

44€/night for double room on half board basis at the hotel near beach - really good value (probably I've got last minute price - ordered room for next day). Fast Wifi in rooms.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

great location. great value for money

-breakfast -no animation -no attractions -pool (it's too small and impossible to get sun there) but beach is just 50 meters away so no need of pool

-location (50 meters from beach) -price -dinner -spacious rooms -large beds

Not 3 stars. Max 2 stars. But great location.

No fridge in room, no Spanish food (sea food) Only one brand of coffee. Bakery section poor. Not enough fruit. No potatoes. Only one toaster. Waiting to long.

Wifi, sea view, close to the beach and shopping centre

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

excellent value for money would stay there again

Perhaps a English type breakfast could be available.

Dinners ok but could have been warmer microwave was put to good use . The position in Arenal was one of the best. Staff were A1

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

food was good staff could have been fr

room location was poor sun never got on the balcony and there was a residential block a few feet away that encroached on our privacy

buffet very good plenty of choice

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Good clean hotel that's close to beach. Value for money.

We were a bit disappointed that we didn't have a balcony but overall very satisfied with our hotel.

Location - close to fabulous beach! Great selection of quality food for breakfast and dinner. Helpful friendly staff. Clean hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Nice location, good price, decent quality

Breakfast might be better - it was a bit monotonic, basically nothing warm to eat. Wifi was only in front of the reception, but completely free so it was kind of +. Our towels were always replaced when we required that, but we didn't get any soap even when was over - not critical, but still a bit disappointing for a hotel with 3 stars.

Close to the beach and a lot of restaurants = overall very good location - we liked it a lot, it was quiet even with balcony on street side, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

at least needs wifi, leave room's window open, change blankets

About facilities! Internet not working in rooms. Every person needs Internet not only for fun some need very important for business. Wi Fi very bad. At this time small hostels provides wifi but this stupid hotel not provide. My room was at ninth floor, when I opened room smelling was very bad, like room didn't open from long time, at night blankets condition very bad, I didn't use. Over all I thought why I booked this hotel.

I like location, staff was cooperating. Breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Very good location and nice sea view

No safe in room,nothing to tell you basic stuff like how to ring reception.a welcome information pack would be nice .breakfast boring and repetitive

Staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Overall good facility and good value for money

Breakfast selection , would like porridge Also some noisy customers who woke me during night

Close to Beach and Bike rental shop Salads at Dinner time

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

1 Week budget stay

No wifi on all floors; the food was below par (but they made a good rice pudding); the beds were too hard.

Good location; easy access to beach; Price was ok.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

DONT DO IT!!!! Awful awful Awful

Everything. Old, grotty, cheap, nasty...... the view from the miniscule balcony was of a wall and a large drain pipe, dark and dingey. The room was basic - apparently this was meant to be reduced from £300+ !!! I would have been outraged if I had paid full price. The pillows were extremely uncomfortable. Not thoroughly clean. The light switch was cracked exposing wires- unfortunately I did not have a camera. The Tv was something out the 80s with dire limited picture. There was a raging thumping party at 5am somewhere, admitedly not in the hotel but we were on 6th floor and were unable to think let alone sleep due to the noise. The food.... oh goodness just dont stay here. Its vile and basic, tasteless, limited, and when a dish runs out its not replaced. Just a really horrible experience and I will never visit Arenal again.

If you, heaven knows why, have a desire to be in Arenal, then this is a good central near the beach location

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

You get what you pay for.......

Food was awful.......and they charge for tap water in the dining room. No outside beverage allowed..... Not even water......

bed was comfy....... Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Staff in the reception was nice and helpful.

On the photos there was showed like a nice light rooms with the balconies. I kind of booked the same room, but instead of need to see a wall and room was narrow. Even bed was two singles together not one double as I asked for. Wasnt comfortable to sleep for couple, because they all the time went separate during the night. Very poor Wifi. If you want to work with computer properly and private in a room, not just in the lobby where's a wifi connection and everyone can watch what you are doing in my laptop. And yes, I really dislike situation nearly entrance. How its possible that its smell with the cigarets all the time. And you want me to stay in the lobby to enjoy wifi and drinks from your bar when its smell like hell of cigarets? No way!

Staff in the reception was nice and helpful. They really react about my request to somehow close a door to do less smelly lobby of cigarets. And dinner was full with the choose and include some traditional local dishes. Its super positive. And cleaning girl on 3th level was so kind and accurate of cleanliness in the room. :)

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Nice hotel if on a budget

No kettle in the rooms for making a cup of tea. Only 3 English tv channels and these were news channels. Buffet breakfast and evening meal ok but catered for continental style and very basic

Nice hotel for the price but basic facilities. Close to the beach and shops

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Really good location, close to the beach, dinner was good...

Old furniture, really thin walls, we could hear our neighbour snoring in the night. Wifi only at the reception. No balcony for our room. Small room and bathroom.

Really good location, close to the beach, dinner was good and also the breakfast. Clean hotel. We could let our luggage in a luggage room for a few hours after the check-out. Nice lady at the reception. A lot of shops and supermarkets close to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Three star but adequate.

Food mediocre but you get what you pay for, they replenish the items that didn't need it whilst people were queuing for empty lines!!

Location great, bed linen and towels clean, plenty of hot water, the price I paid was brilliant compared to others who booked later.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Just for sleep

room very small and it is a party hotel so guests coming home early in the morning. No wifi in the room? also the room has no balcon and you see to the wall opposite.

Staff was friendly and near the beach.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

would not recommend

Idid not like hotel. We paid alot of money. But it was not worth it. Rooms were old and very small. Our sheets were never changed. House staff were very rude and moody and staff in restaurant. Staff at reception were nice. Would never stay there again

The bed

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Quite unhappy

As soon as you walked in to the hotel you could smell bleach and it was quite strong, also wifi was available but as soon as you left the reception area it was gone you had to be standing next to the reception area in order to use wifi I also understand that the balcony isn't guaranteed however asked for one and wasn't successful and you had a feeling like you are in a prison cell as if you were lucky to open the window the view you had it was a wall and a window of the other room. All I can say as it was August and was quite busy they didn't care much about their customers.

It was close to the beach

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

The only plus side we found was that the rooms were very...

The breakfast was very poor, there wasn't a selection of food. In all the pictures it shows that all the rooms have a balcony but in reality there is a lot of rooms with just a window and no balcony. Also there is a bad and strong smell in the rooms from the bathroom.

The only plus side we found was that the rooms were very well cleaned everyday. There was a very lovely young girl who works at the bar, and she was very pleasant towards everyone.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

We paid a lot of money and we got very small room with baby.

We was two adults and 1.5 year child they gave as room very small it was no space for buggy we was need to keep it in balcony. To walk to balcony i was need move some tv table to get outside because one door was not working other we cant pass it so we move around tv table to get to balcony. Breakfast was poor all week was same breakfast and not really big choice. Dinner was ok. wifi working only beside reception. Lift service was terable it was need wait very long because they are very small. it was hard to get in with buggy inside and buggy is small one if you have bigger you not fit in. we was carrying baby with buggy from second floor i was very happy what we didn't got room in some 6 floor.

good location close to see.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

It was nice

We did not like the food in the evening that much.

The rooms were small, but comfy and cosy. They are cleaned every day, so it is really tidy. The 24 hour reception is nice and the staff is very friendly.

Great location and amazing service.

Rooms are very noisy

Great location and amazing service.

Lovely nice hotel.

Lovely nice hotel.

Good location,good breakfast

Lifts very slow,noise people,dinner could be better

Good location,good breakfast

Was ldeal location close to beach

How you could hear the noise from the street cleaner. At 6am doors on to balcony not very sound proof

Food boring

Location Balcony

The property is close to the beach

The area

The property is close to the beach

Kids loved the evening meals didn't go anywhere else

There were no croissants at breakfast if you came down after 8.45 no hot water for tea.

Kids loved the evening meals didn't go anywhere else

Too much noise during the night

Too much noise during the night

Cheap price, hotel perfect for a stay to party

Food was not good, no view

Cheap price, hotel perfect for a stay to party

In front of the beach

Conjusted room

In front of the beach

3 minutes to beach, realy good food

very noise place, not interesting for old people just young

3 minutes to beach, realy good food

Value for money, but Vestvik if you are there to party.

Noisy party people