Reviews of Meliá Calviá Beach 4 stars

Violeta, 1, 07182 Magaluf, Spain

#2 of 30 hotels in Magaluf

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

The only not so good thing was that bellow some of the balconies there are exhaust fans, sometimes not so silent.

Awesome buffets for both breakfast and dinner, totally worth the value. I had an excellent stay in this hotel and as the cherry on top of the cake, as I had my birthday during the stay, I was surprised with a bottle of champagne in my room. Made me feel special :)

• Premium Double or Twin Room The Level with Sea View and Executive Lounge Access

The staff is extra friendly and will help you with any of your needs. We stayed on The Level and got free breakfast and happy hour every day. Everything was clean and the view is amazing. Ana checked us in and was our go to staffer. She deserves a raise!

See above

Too cold in evening either outside or air conditioning inside. Not good for lunch time food too expensive not much choice.hotel taken over buy 200+ people on dancing holiday.

Food.. Sea...

Because of kitchen exhaust noise you can not sleep, it affects most of the rooms. on the anather side the noise of music, quiet are not something that you can find in this hotel ... very bad.. I do not understand how you can spend millions of euros this way, in a hotel, where the guest can not find peace ... how can you go to a hotel on vacation where you can not sleep or rest

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The first night we tried dinner at the hotel - it was good. However we chose to eat dinner in the area - much cheaper and more options.

The facility and location was amazing! You are right on the beach, close the strip and yet far away to have a relaxing time. We opted for a room with Front Sea View and it was WELL worth it.

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I did not like absolutely nothing about this property. Although the staff was rude and bearly speaking English. Housekeeping was really poor the rooms are not cleaned proparly and had to argue with them. The reception was not helpful at all. Long queues for the check-in. Reception staff was inexperienced and they gave us a room that is facing the extractors of the kitchen. Such a waste of time waste of money. Really bad experience. People are smoking around the pool and the restaurant.

There is nothing to like about the property...

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Everything was more than perfect!!! Perfect hotel - great equipment. Super gym and pool area. Close to the beach. Amazing breakfast and really really friendly staff (MARTHA (service) was such a gorgoeus soul!!!) The stay was perfect. 10/10 points!!! See you again!

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The beds had mattress covers that were water proof ☔️ They were really uncomfortable. We stripped ours off and got a much better nights skeep. I am a lighter sleeper than my husband and the noise from the local night life often woke me up throughout the night.. take ear plugs 👍

The staff were amazing. They couldn't do enough for us.

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

We noticed that the munibar in our 2 rooms wasnt complete and even wine botlle was opened. They ask for us to pay . We said that we didnt drink any thing from the bar and the cancell. I think sombody from the staff drink and put in our bill.......

The place is nice and staff friendly. Delicious breakfast .Quiet and grat place to stay in the lobby and the terrace front the beach

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

poor service, reception amazing, but then cleaning teams usually forget new towells after taking the old ones... No food refill in the room, no water?!? In breakfast no Orange juice?!? and the other juices impossible to drink...

facilities

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The location was great for couples. It was a little out of the main 'party' area in Magaluf which was great, as the city was a bit gross. The resort was luxury! Comfy bed, huge room, rain shower and balcony with a view- it was perfect. The restaurant at the hotel was also incredible. The breakfast and dinner buffets were so good! Would definitely recommend!

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Some of the standard rooms are on first floor with a view to the air conditioning pipes and are also noise. I think these rooms do not fill up the standard of this hotel and should be offered in lower category.

Excellent hotel at a great location by the sea, wonderful breakfast and dinner area, great selection of food. Very comfortable in every way. It is worth going to Magaluf only for this hotel, otherwise not. We got nice room with a view to the pool but I would not recommend a standard room as you could get a room on first floor with a view to the air conditioning pipe

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Customer service. Paying for beach. Wrong advertisement of the hotel.

We booked see view room, they gave front see view, I had to spend all the day after in the phone with booking representants to explain the situation and they changed the room they after at 4PM. I lost money because I paid more and they did not want to give back money or discount. Got 25 euro from booking which is no equivalent to the money I paid. We need to pay to access the beach and this was not mentioned in the hotel web page. I did not like my stay and the advertisement by booking of this hotel is not TRUE

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The a/c didn't work properly, and be careful with the bill, we got twice or more charges for the same service.

The staff were very kind and helpful, as a surprise my husband got a cake and cava for his birthday, fantastic variety of food for breakfast and dinner, we had half pension, the private sunbeds in front of the beach were very nice although you have to pay for them, the guys there do a good job, in the room beds are comfortable and rooms have a good size.

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

There wasnt much chose for the kids to eat.

I really liked the food but my children never liked any food. very clean and lovely hotel and we will definitely go back,

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

I did not like that people were allowed to take the sunbeds just by putting their towels on it I stayed for 21 days and did not get a sundbed one day. I will not wake up at crack of dawn to go and take a sunbed. This is something this hotel should look into

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The fact that sitting on the beach in front of the hotel came with an extra charge (15 € per person for a sun-bed) even for hotel residents. The cocktails served at the pool were also not that good and quite pricy.

We had an amazing long weekend there with my wife. The property was nicely located, in great condition with various different areas. We really like the pool and the access to the beach and enjoyed the spa. The restaurant was great - both breakfast and buffet dinner was of big variety and very good quality - and the service was really strong. The staff has been extremely helpful, especially the front-desk team who gave us numerous tips when we visited Palma. We will definitely be back! The hotel seems more like a 5* and it's 20min drive from Palma and 30min from airport.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

- promised sea view was actually the view on the roof with noisy ventilation equipment installed. Don't book the floor lower than 5-6 if you want relative calmness. - the towels at the pool are available only after 10 am, or you have to take your own, or use precious day towels, as the best time is from 8:30 to 12 (too hot after) and then in the afternoon - annoying noise from NickyBeach next door. Actually the worst neighbourhood ever, - expensive and little value umbrelka&bed service at the beach leads to overcrowded area at the pool. You should occupy to beds when the breakfast opened (7:30 am)

- Very friendly and helpful staff - Location with easy access to Palma, Valdemossa and thecairport. - 6 excellent golf courses within 15 min drive

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Room cleaning was poor. We had no cleaning or room house keeping from arriving on Sunday through to Wednesday afternoon despite several requests. Reception staff were poor. As we arrived in the dark they gave us a car park view with loud extractors fans and when I complained that we had booked a sea view room they told me that it was and i should wait until the morning. I rejected the room and eventually managed to get them to agree to change the room which did have partial sea view but when i asked for the sofa bed to be made up for my daughter, they asked me to shared the double bed with my daughter (7) and son (6) until the next day because it was late and there was no house keeping! The restaurant was very busy and on the 4th day had to que for 30 minutes for an omelet to then be told I was in the wrong que. The courtesy shower room was extremely hot with no air conditioning.

The swimming pool size and temperature but sharing one sun lounger between 6 people was not good and the hotel need to buy more loungers! After changing our room from a car park view to a sea view, the view was lovely. The food was good with choice. Loved the water aerobics.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Little bit loud halls due to lack of carpets but pure tiles so when kids run you can hear it from room.

The food service here is one of the best ones i ever had in hotels. Be sure to take dinner/supper, breakfast is just allright but the late food.. just amazing. Staff in whole hotel is super helpful and really i recommend this place. Im really happy with their service and whole visit.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The pillows were were not comfortable at all and the washrooms definitely need to be renovated - very old washrooms for a modern hotel. The sink in the bathroom is too small and the tap is so close to the outer sink that you can't even wash your hands without spilling water everywhere.

The food was excellent (we ordered lunch from the menu by the pool). The buffet was okay - selection was limited. The employees were very friendly, however, the service was very slow and this is not the employees fault - the hotel just seems under staffed.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

They really need a concierge - someone to let folks know about closest restaurants, activities, excursions - it is a pity they have all those around but it takes a lot of guesswork to find them (and I suspect the hotel could help cut a deal with many of those vendors.)

Beautiful quiet location, comfy room. Breakfast buffet was excellent, and so was the sea view of the restaurant where it was served. Very kind staff (if a bit slow). Lots of attention to detail, to make staying there worthwhile.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Parking lot could be bigger. But that's nothing in compare with the quality of everything else!

Attitude and service in professional manner. Polite staff!

We only stayed 4 nights wish it was longer

The hotel is positioned well next to the beach which is clean, the hotel inside has the wow factor and the staff couldn't do enough for you including the children's club, they always had a variety of activities going on. The pool area is lovely and the drinks and food on offer in the hotel are exeptional. The hotel is clean and the rooms have everything you need in them, a good hairdryer, toiletries, slippers robes minibar, magazines, etc. We have stayed at many 5 star hotels and I am shocked this isn't 5 star, it is definitely one of the nicest hotels all in all I have been to.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

When we arrived we were charged a lot extra for the room we had booked through Booking.com. Was this a booking.com mistake or the Melia Calvia taking advantage? My wrap was stolen from the restaurant after I had left it behind at breakfast. I had everyone check for it and asked for it every day. One of the breakfast staff went crazy when I walked-out with fruit from the breakfast bar to eat later. I was told you can't eat in the bedrooms. I had missed dinner the night before on arrival and cannot eat a lot at breakfast in one go and probably wanted to nibble again in half and hour or so. Really over the top. However, most other staff were really nice. In the Melia Calvia in Asia this is no problem. Needed a taxi to go somewhere charming. No charm in walking distance. Noisy area. Sometimes in the afternoon there were competing DJs drowning out the music at the pool. Area is not very peaceful.

The interior decoration is very nice. It is a well-run hotel. View of the sparkling mediterranean is magnificent from the bedrooms with a sea-view. Variety of food is good, beach bar lunches are good but more fun to eat out at night in Palma. Possible to rent beach loungers for the day beside the sea.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

If you want to go for a relaxing holiday, avoid Magaluf.

The food was amazing. If it wasn't for the hotel we wouldn't have enjoyed our stay in Magaluf as much as we did.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Location would be great, but the neighborhood is very noisy. There is famous Nikki Bar next to the hotel so from 1-2pm you are forced to listen loud party music the entire day (the bar closes at 8pm). Because of that I couldn't relax and much enjoy the stay. On top of that Magaluf is full of parties, drunk and noisy people so if you want to relax as I wanted I recommend to pick another place.

In general the hotel is very nice along with staff. Clean, light and spacious rooms, fancy hotel design, good food.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Pool was not heated, BIG disappointment. Too cold to enjoy.

Nice hotel and staff but no room service or bar service inside the hotel during the day anyway. Bar people at pool area had no idea how to make drinks and it took forever, but nice people.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The reception service is unusually slow. When you call from the room they do not answer, and every time you go down to ask a question, you have to wait half an hour in line because there is only one representative, always very slow,

pretty, clean, fun like a 5 stars hotel (minus the reception service

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

winterizing activities in present of guests (sun beds and umbrellas removed), live music not daily as before

Excellent new beds - improved sleep, rich food choices, new sun beds, soft music at the pool area

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Prices for drinks during the dinner are a little too high. But it's normal for half-board. There is nothing interesting in Magalluf outside of the beach area. So, take a car, if you want to see Mallorca :) Parking may be a problem during a high season, but at the beginning of the October it was easy to find a free place near the hotel.

The hotel is modern and renovated. Location directly on the beach is perfect. Our room is large and good equipped: balcony with pool-view, flat-TV, hairdryer, minibar, kettle, tea and coffee etc. WiFi is very good. Breakfasts and dinners are excelent: large variety of meals, everything is fresh and very tasty.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

The staff were super friendly and helpful, from checking in, breakfast service, enquiries to checkout. We were upgraded to a junior suite free of charge upon arrival and wow! The room was very modern, clean and spacious with all the amenities that you could need. Spectacular sea views from the bed, living area, bath and balcony! The hotel is right on the beach, offering all that Magaluf has to offer just a few steps away. The buffet breakfasts offered a variety of options for all tastes. There was also a live performer at the restaurant each night creating a great atmosphere. It was hard to leave this hotel for the next location :)

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The room was amazing, it was the 8th floor with seaview, but the kitchen engineering ( refrigerators, hoods,...) was very noisy continuously running.

Good breakfast, delicious diner, all perfect.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The pool was a bit below the average temperature but that was because of the time of year as it was getting colder.

The bed was so comfy and the room was really clean and spacious with lovely views of the beach.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

One of the reasons for choosing this hotel was an option of double bed at the booking, but when we arrived we have got two single beds pushed against each other. Mojito for 14 euro in the pool side bar surprised as well as 30 euro for a sun bed on the hotel's section of the beach.

Great hotel, helpful staff, modern interior, good location - away from loud parties but close to the beach and restaurants. Breakfast and dinner on half board were fabulous.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

We were on the 10th floor which wasn't a problem and did give good views but I think being on the top floor was not good for water pressure. It was very difficult to get the shower to a steady temperature. It was either too hot or too cold and took ages to get a reasonable tepid temperature. Our friends along the corridor experienced exactly the same problem.

We have stayed at this hotel before but it has now been renovated and it is even better. The position on the sea front gives stunning views and the hotel restaurant and bar really uses this position well. It is very clean with a good variety of facilities. The variety of food at breakfast was really good and high standard. The rooms were very comfortable with a good selection of toiletries which included razor and shaving foam, toothbrushes and toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser, slippers and dressing gowns etc. All the staff seemed polite and acknowledged you with a hello.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

unless you pay for the superior or Level premium the room views are terrible over aircon ducts and into parking lots. after complaining we were moved to the 10th floor overlooking the other hotels pool chairs are booked early on in the morning and beach chairs cost 30€ a day with umbrella which I think is a rip off. Hotel was a little away from the horrible neon lights and pounding music of the town. but Nikki beach next door did pump music all afternoon and early evening as a town if you a looking for a quiet weekend away from the hussle and bussle then this is not the town. very touristy and commercial. but only 30min from the airport and Palma - which is well worth a visit for great food. Did think it was pricey for the room and view that I got.

rooms were a lovely size and the facilities in the room were really good. location is right on the beach but need to walk out of the property to the beach loungers which are an extra cost. Breakfast was really good - catering for all the needs, coffee ok not great Gym was a nice size with good equipment pool area was lovely, although right next to Nikki beach a really noisy club that pumps music all day Hotel as a whole newly renovated and stunning décor - really nice open spaces and lovely fresh look. had a the best Paella in the town and the Boathouse bar is such great along the beach

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Junior Suite The Level with Executive Lounge Access

Location close to the beach and view from the room were amazing, staff was extremely welcoming and friendly. Breakfast was very nice with an beautiful view from the level terrace, worth the few dollars extra!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Hotel says it has 4 pools but be aware that 1 pool is in an exclusive area so no access unless you have Level access, 1 pool is inside, 1 pool is a tiny baby pool and the last one is the one where everybody is in. Perhaps hotel should encourage guests to shower before jumping in the pool so less sand, dirt, etc. joins the pool! Also, hotel tolerate that guest occupies sun beds with towels the whole day even though they might only use them for a few hours. And more impressively it that they offer beach service (as part of the hotel) but even as a guest you have to pay a high amount to use this service. The reception staff is not very friendly and it seems that they do not care too much whether guests have a good stay or not- and willingness to help is on a low level. For example, we had to call/stop by the reception 4-5 times to have something fixed in the room that was broken. We forget a few things behind when we left and we have written the hotel to hear if they have found it but without receiving a reply back. For the price of the hotel the services you definitely be better, I'm afraid to say.

The food in the restaurant was of a really high quality with a great variety. Staff in restaurant is working hard to clear and service the tables. Newly refurbished hotel (except the toilets) that looks and smells good. Great with a baby / kids club but wish it would be open in the afternoon also.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Hotel staff should be more precise and fast. Sometimes waiters forget to bring orders in the restaurant. It's strange that water is not for free in HB base.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Junior Suite The Level with Executive Lounge Access

When we wanted to go to the pool, we had to take a lift to level -2 and then carry pushchair down the stairs. Even though there was a disabled locked lift it took time for a staff memeber to come to open it, it would b more ideal if you could somehow make a slope for quick access to go down and up!

Everything about this hotel is perfect. Food was tasty staff welcoming with a smile, room clean perfect this is actually a five star hotel not four

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

1. uncomfortable balcony chairs (we paid for full beach view but the room next door to us had much nicer loungers...we had straight back chairs that were hard to sit in very long...so we spent less time on balcony than we'd have liked) 2. less than thorough housekeeping staff (we had to tell them to clean our toilet; dust balls were abundant under furniture, and got revealed when a strong breeze blew thru the room with balcony door open) 3. worst of all the noisy next door neighbor (Nikki Beach Club) blasted disco and trance music all weekend which tangibly detracted from our enjoyment of beautiful Magaluf Beach. Local hotel staffers working the beach shrugged in resignation and disgust at the situation, empathizing with us. WE WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN AS A RESULT.

1.scrumptios breakfast buffet well worth the extra cost 2.wonderful bay view from room and breakfast area 3.excellent fitness room 4.superb staff; responsive to our requests

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Pool a bit small and not enough sunbeds. No private beach. Funny smell in the reception area. Breakfast did not have much variety of food...

A lovely hotel, looks newly refurbished, friendly staff. Great atmosphere..

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

As per booking.com, check in time is at 2pm. But when we arrived, we were told that the room is not yet ready and that the hotel's check-in time as per their website is at 3pm. The staff however provided us with tickets and informed us that we can use the pool in advance while waiting for our room.

Hotel is pretty new and clean. Facilities are good and staff are helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Poor activities to do with family. Impossible to rest in afternoon due to nearby hotel music play music loudly.

Hotel was really clean. Breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Location of the hotel, like a movie. Wonderful. Farther from the noisy downtown, so close to the sea. The seawiew from the restaurant is amasing. The dinner also amazing, excellent, as the service, and the waiters. The massage was also perfect. Palma 20 minutes by taxi.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

no refill of the shower gel for 4 days

breakfast is amazing. the interior design in the ground floor is amazing. there are many places on the ground floor/reception where you can sit, talk, read...etc..

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

It was difficult to get a taxi to that area. We were late to dinner both nights due to having to wait over 30 min for a taxi. The hotel staff did their best to get a taxi but there was just a long wait.

Great location on the water. Staff was very helpful and hotel was very nice. Pools were great and it's right on the beach so easy to come and go.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

A little expensive

The team is very nice and hôtel offres all you can ask for. Location is great but next to loud beach club niki beach so if you do like sound of distant but load music it will not be for you. Food is very good quality and breakfirst is offering a wide choice of food. Pool is nice. Pool and beach bar are nice but a little pricy. Spa is great. We spend 10 days in this hotel and loved it. They can arrange car rentals..... thanks again

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

1. As I thought that house keeper does not understand nor Russian, no English, no Spanish. I would like to hear at least "de nada" as response to my "gracias". That would be great. 2. I used to be in Antillias almost ten times before. I would be pleased to have some kind of present like bottle of champange, which I used to get in Antillias each year.

All the rest was great and pleasant!

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

The staff spoke bad english, when we tried to complain about getting hung up on multiple times when we tried to order room service the receptionist didn't believe/understand us and made no effort to apologise. Trying to find a space at the pool was sometimes difficult as people left their towels on the sun beds but left them making little room for anyone else and the staff did little to help this. When there was no space for us we sat in the exclusive club area part which was right next to the normal pool and the sun beds were the exact same then a very snotty and rude staff member told us to leave. I would visit this hotel again if I knew the staff would be nicer but I doubt they would be.

The room was amazing, with incredible views and a great bathroom. The whole hotel was furnished to the highest standard and looked incredible! Pool was amazing and everything was so clean ! Good location if you want to enjoy Magaluf but not be too close to the madness!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

NOTHIN... ;-) except the animation Music on the other side of the Hotel.... BUT ITS PARTY TIME.. if you want peace you wont go to MAGALUF ;-)

Room excellent, clean comfy, nice sea-view, beautiful Shower and Bathroom... xtra clean ! Great Aircondy ! Very friendly competent Staff, anything you need they will find a suitable solution for you !!

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Half board evening meals were not very good and no selection for children. Same food every night too. Could be noisy during the day as next to beach clubs so music could be repetitive and loud. Rooms were not cleaned very well and often v late after 4pm

Nice and clean , friendly staff, nice pool , great location and beautiful views. Very spacious too. The beach club very nice and lots of Loungers. Breakfast good and till 10.30am. and complementary cava was nice. Good gym and some pool side fitness such as pool bikes etc

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

It seemed a shame that there was no entertainment or activities outside .I didn't see one person eating out at night in the lovely outside area .Need more sunbeds ..

Lovely Hotel friendly staff great location .

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

We didn't book the breakfast with our reservation so it was a little pricey but well worth the money.

We spent 3 nights at this beautiful hotel. It is right by the beach and the staff is warm, welcoming and helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The AC in the room is underpowered. The rooms could be better sound-proofed; the noise in the hallways of guest floors carried as there's no carpet to dampen it (the door could also use a better seal), our room was situated above the loading dock, so the backup beeps of trucks could be heard in the morning, etc. The hotel website boasts four pools, but in reality only one was available to us a family.

The staff were very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. The hotel itself was nice (pool area, the view of the sea, the interior is nicely decorated)

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

The music from Nikki Beach next door was really loud so you couldn't relax at the beach. Further the blankets were dirty and the room smelled of color.

Location is ok (near to Palma, Porto Portals, Andratx) and staff is very friendly. The hotel is newly renovated and is nice.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

- The bed was not comfortable - The door is not sound proof and you can hear everything in the corridor, which is not good because you have noise all day long - Check-in took a longtime - Hard to find available seats directly on the swimming pool - The area is full of crazy young teenagers

- Good facilities - Reasonable price - very good locations (if you like this crazy area) - great restaurants and bars in very short walking distance - Directly on a very nice public beach

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Buffet Food was not was not great considering the rating of the hotel. If this was rectified there would be no faults with this hotel.

Lovely view and childcare facilities great!

Stayed in May 2016

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Kids club just ok in comparison to other Melia properties. Hotel staff doesn't seem to get messages from booking.com so lots of confusion reg rooms and child cots. Nikki Beach very close so noisy and hotel beach area not sandy so small kids can't swim and one ends up going to public beach nearby.

Gorgeous view from breakfast restaurant, spacious rooms. Nice pools and pleasantly spacious modern hotel. Clean and trendy interior. Very nice breakfast.

Loved it allbrillent

Excelent

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Although the staff were very pleasant and nice the service was very slow.

Beautiful hotel in lovely location. Everything you need in hotel.

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

room over pipes very noisy ...poolside restaurant food not good and staff unattentive

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

WiFi was a little poor and had problems everyday with cards getting into room

Was a lovely smell in the hotel

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The hotel is very clean and the location was for this time of the year (september) perfect! Great service, good food and very friendly staff!

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Not the best internet speed on the upper floors.

Very good breakfest and dinner. Directly on the beach. Polite personal.

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

The breakfast was really good, great location, nice staff, amazing beach I couldn't ask more

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

It was a friendly hotel, where we felt welcome and safe!

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Breakfast and dinner was really good

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Bad service at check in, rooms offered unlike the booked one. Very inhospitable

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The sofa bed could be more comfortable

The breakfast selection was brilliant

the way to the hotel

Dining view

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Love my cup of tea first thing in the morning! Never enough milk or tea bags !

Room lovely and clean ! bed comfy ! Staff very efficient

Breakfast was amazing

Overall property was amazing and in an excellent location

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Too many small children ...making noise when dining etc

Very clean and comfortable with nice view of the sea.

Browse Meliá Calviá Beach traveller photo gallery