Reviews of NH Luz Huelva 4 stars

Alameda Sundheim, 26, 21003 Huelva, Spain

#10 of 11 hotels in Huelva

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Parking is atrocious, drive around for 45 mins to find a spot then had to walk half a mile to the hotel. Some of the staff don’t speak English. Then the bill was more than quoted on Booking.com

Good Breakfast as usual

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very central, close to the railway station. It was a big room and big bathroom. The balcony would have been nice if the weather had been better! A very good standard chain hotel.

• Standard Single Room

The hotel did not show flexibility when I asked them to pre-pay my stay by credit card or use bank transfer the night before my booking. I had asked this because my wallet was stolen in Madrid and I needed to pay and cancel my credit cards immediately. I would have appreciated some understanding and sensitivity in this matter as I didn't have cash to pay and was important to pre-pay. Other than this, the experience was good

Overall the experience was very good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room environment , toilet fine but bin are not empty when we got room there are two sink , one sink warm tap water not function in our room one sink working fine as well as room double bed not much comfortable and the entrance door in the room need some force to close

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Great hotel,rooms are spacious and have everything you need.Tha staff is helpful.Locatios is also good only two minutes walking to the city center.Definitely the best hotel in Huelva.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathrooms could need some remodelation and the balcony didn't have any furniture, not even a chair. I ordered a sandwich from the room service, very late at night, and they changed most of the main ingredients, and I couldn't change it. And I expected at least an apologize after I commented it, but nothing :-(....

The large room size and its balcony made the resting time very comfortable. Very good and varied breakfast. Excellent location if you go to Casa Colon, Huelva, for business. Very helpfull and kind staff in the front desk.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I contacted the hotel before travelling as it was my partners birthday as I wanted to know if I could organise a bottle of wine and balloons. Two days before arrival I received a reply from Elisa in reception saying that although they didn't have these materials a bottle of wine would be placed in the room for when we arrived and that they would prepare something special. We checked in around 13.00pm and when we entered the room there was a bottle of wine,1 wine glass & nothing else. I went back to reception and showed Dolores the email I had received and she confirmed that something would be placed in the room later. Nothing was placed in the room & when I questioned this the next day Dolores said that it was the kitchen´s fault & nothing had been prepared. I was disappointed as it was the hotel that made the suggestion in the first place & especially as I had asked again upon arrival.

The room had everything we needed, the bed was very comfortable & the location was great. Definitely one of the best buffet breakfasts - lots of variety and good quality.

• Reviewed: 19 June 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very tired hotel, bath had a lot of rust, shower was rubbish and NO PARKING despite advertising parking for an additional cost, had to park a long way from the hotel which was annoying as caused problems with the luggage!!!!

The pillows on the bed

• Standard Single Room

Excellent staff

Bathroom ready for upgrade

very tired

good location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The toilet (water) leaked continuously, it was very annoying, that was all we didn't really like.

Bathroom needed some attention

Great Coffee

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Decoration could improve and location too

Big room, big bathroom, reception 24h

Parking facilities. Few availability

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Dirty water in shower and wash hand basin on first night.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Clean and comfortable but in need of renovation. Fine for 1 night.

Large breakfast selection and helpful staff. Good location in town.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Parking is not guaranteed here, we had to park quite far away. The tap water was quite brown!

Lovely luxurious room, comfy bed.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Good value. Comfortable. Well located and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

la griferia de aseo

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathrooms not too clean and are rather out dated. Also no disabled rooms with walkin shower.

Beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

old room, old bathroom, cracking tiles on the balcony (feel a bit unsafe walking there)

• Reviewed: 7 May 2016

We simply do not understand how this hotel is rated at four stars. We have stayed at three star and even occasionally a two star hotel that were much better than this property. There was no working HVAC in the room which made it terribly uncomfortable, especially for sleeping. We were forced to open the balcony door at night which resulted in lots of street noise in the room.

Breakfast.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2016

The hotel needs some investment. Parts felt rather old and tired - a throw back to the 1980s. e.g. No 'self controlled' air conditioning in my room.

Big comfortable rooms. Extremely clean. Helpful and friendly staff. A good compromise location. About 7 minutes walk to the railway station and close to restaurants and bars. I enjoyed my stay!

• Reviewed: 2 January 2016

Asking for two room keys and being refused which caused difficulties as we like to separate.Silly rule but male receptionist would not help as he said it was the machine!!!!!

Have stayed at Luz Huelva many times over the past 30 years and always enjoy the stay as the rooms are large withvery comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2015

The wifi didnt work for 2 days on 6th floor. There was no room in the hotel garage for my car. Two cold showers due to poor supply of hot water.

The bed was comfortable and room was spacious.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

The rooms are run down and under furnished. There isn't enough attention to detail. For example, there were new mattresses on the beds but no mattress protectors - unhygienic.

The location is excellent for the main area of the town. The rooms are also very spacious and most seem to have balconies.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

I could not find it easily on my Tom Tom. Parking is difficult, The hotel charge for parking is too much. Breakfast is expensive. The marble floors at the entrance are very, very, slippy when wet.

The hotel is well designed. The staff were helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 1 May 2015

The air blown into the room by the air conditioner smellled like sewage. I was completely knackered when I arrived and didn't go tell someone about it. When I woke up in the morning the whole table on which I had l placed some items, including an open coke, was full of little (Egyptian?) ants. Not happy about that. (All doors and windows were closed over night) Maybe I had some really bad luck with this particular room.

When I arrived at the hotel I thought it was perfectly adequate, looked a bit old school. I mostly remember how nice and helpful the staff are upon arrival and departure (had to be taken to the port).

• Reviewed: 22 March 2015

Hotel is dated and needs upgrading, bathroom had 2 cracked sinks and wasn't cleaned properly!

The location is walking distance to good shops, pubs and restaurant, the Huelva to Tenerife ferry terminal is only a 15 minute drive away!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

The staff at the reception was not very polite at my arrival.

The views of the room and the bed.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

Old structure; need to be renovated.

Close to the center.

There are also 12 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse NH Luz Huelva traveller photo gallery