Reviews of NH Barajas Airport 3 stars

Catamarán, 1, Barajas, 28042 Madrid, Spain

#184 of 327 hotels in Madrid

Good place to stay near Airport, friendly staff and great breakfast!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room we had was near to a bar and blocks of flats, so was quite noisy until about midnight. We had a small issue of dripping water from the ceiling outside our door during the night, but this was dealt with quickly by the staff, pity, really, it is a good place to stay near Madrid Aitport.

Friendly staff. The breakfast had a very good choice and was fresh. It was simple to get into Madrid on the metro and the nearest stop, El Caprichio, was only five minutes away on foot

5.5
    Airport shuttle was good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Seemed to be in a bad part of town with graffiti on walls, etc. Eating places were not appealing. Fire alarm and power went off after we were in bed and staff was unconcerned.

Airport shuttle was good.

Bizarre hotel experience. Zero customer service.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Customer service was terrible. No time for questions at check in, asked me to Google basic things like nearby facilities. Then I asked of it was fine to check out 45 minutes later as my flight was later on and I needed to fix some things..no problem was the answer and no cost. Then when I handed the key in they tried to charge me. Exactly the same person with another colleague. Bizarre experience.

Good practical choice near the airport,does what is says on the tin.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

As expected the the cost of drinks and food in the restaurant was normal for a hotel near the airport.

Good location ,comfortable beds and very clean.The small pool was a bonus Also a very good choice at breakfast.

I Booked this hotel for my Mother and Aunt,they are 60 and...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I Booked this hotel for my Mother and Aunt,they are 60 and 70 years old and one of them has special needs. they need a place to stay between a 12h flight connection Madrid - Brazil. I informed the hotel wich provided a adequate transfer from the airport to the hotel. They were satisfied and told me that generally the hotel and serviceS provided were very nice. The hotel uses a external transfer company and they just work until 00:30, if your flight arrives after that, its nice to contact the HOTEL in advance, or book a cab, they answer e-mails requests quite fast !

Great hotel near Barajas.

Everything was great.

The hotel is in a great location near the airport. Very close to the metro station which takes you to downtown in 20 minutes. There is free airport pick up and drop off. Then rooms are a bit small but comfortable. The staff are very friendly.

close to airport (10 min), free and fast shuttle service.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Its a 25 min metro ride to center Madrid. You have to pass thru the lobby in swimming gear to get to pool (no dressing rooms )

close to airport (10 min), free and fast shuttle service. Swimming pool to refresh , comfortable beds and pillows no noise great sleep, awesome breakfast buffet (albeit a bit pricey)

Great nearby airport hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathroom counter configuration is weird, the toilet is in the corner behind the door and right up in the shower. Very awkward and uncomfortable to use.

We were only overnighting there, so there wasn't much we wanted or expected. However the food from the hotel restaurant was exceptional, and the portions large. The airport shuttle was also very convenient, the pool looked great as well though we didn't get to try it out.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Breakfast content was very good but when promoted as a...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Whilst the quality and range of fare available was good, breakfast was way over priced @ a supposed "Special Offer" price ( that turned out to be €14.40 per head) thus was NOT GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY) My husband has been both a General Manager of a 4* Spa and Resort Hotel in UK, and a Group Operations Financial Controller for another Hotel Company in UK, thus we know what is "Good Value for Money".

Breakfast content was very good but when promoted as a special offer on check in, it was overpriced in reality.

It was close to the airport as it took just 10 minutes to...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was close to the airport as it took just 10 minutes to arrive. It was also close to metro station but it takes almost an hour to get to the city center. Keep that in mind.

It was our 2nd time here and would go back again.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect :)

It was our 2nd time here and would go back again. It is close to the airport and has a free shuttle. It is not so close to the city center, but the metro (line 5) is very close, and you can be there in the city center ca. in 30 min. The breakfast is amazing. The room was not very huge, but clean and for us enough for the weekend.

The fact that you need to call to the transfer is very...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The fact that you need to call to the transfer is very annoying since all the options are in Spanish and takes long to talk with someone. When I arrived the person gave me a room in a different building. I needed a dental kit and she said that they didn’t have anyone to bring to the room, so I went downstairs and I found 5 employees at the front desk doing nothing.... The shuttle for going to the airport was 8min late, besides that, the front desk told me it was going first to terminal 4 but it didn’t, it stopped in each terminal and the 4th was the last one, I’ve got to the last call of my flight! I always stayed at Axor and tried this just to see, but it really doesn’t worth it, Axor is 100% better

3 night stay for a festival
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

reception staff did not help with directions very well, they didn't keep any euros on site, no coffee facilities, my lack of spanish probably didn't help..

nice busy hotel, very clean and comfortable, quiet, near airport, free shuttle service from and to airport, nice area, wifi was very good..

Comfortable modern hotel .

All was good

Very comfortable modern hotel . Great having the pool . Couple of really nice restaurants / bars nearby . Very close to metro station on the mainline takes you straight in to central Madrid in 20 minutes . Free shuttle bus to airport takes 15 minutes

Rosa at reception ensured a swift pick up per shuttle bus...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rosa at reception ensured a swift pick up per shuttle bus and smooth check in. Great restaurant around the corner. the Metro to the centre of Madrid was very close. Staff very professional Great bed

Typical airport hotel. It is all about functionality.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is close to a huge avenue. No surprise though. It can easily been seen from the map. It is hard to walk there from the airport. Parts of the way is not pedestrian friendly. The swimming pool photo is overblown. In reality the pool is closer to a large bathtub in size. It might be nice for a dip during a hot day though. When I was there uncharacteristically it was raining so I did not have the chance to assess it any further.

Location close to the airport and to Wanda Metropolitana. Friendly staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

When you arrive to the airport the information about the pick up place is not accurate, but once you understand that you have to get out of the arrivals door and you have to walk 50 meters to the left and you have to search for the shuttle bus with the name of the hotel, everything is nice and easy

The location is great, the service is nice, and the most comfortable feature was the airport transport service and the metro station that is 100 meters away from the hotel, so transportation to the city was easy and safe

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is really small, also ours had sort of a cigarette smell. We couldn’t use the airport shuttle because had an early flight.

Location. Was closed to the airport, also 2 min walking from metro that takes you to the center. Airport shuttle is ok but doesn’t work for early flights.

Very good hotel near airport for short stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room could have had a better list of Hotel Services. We didn’t know there was a pool for example. No menus for the restaurant so not encouraged to dine there.

Picked up at the airport by free hotel shuttle bus, no problems. Room was good, very clean. Breakfast was exceptional and very well presented. Good pub around the corner to have a drink and tapas. Booked the shuttle for our return to the airport and reception said it left because it was full so they provided a car for us. Great service!

Great hotel giving us the perfect weekend break away
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

That the shuttle bus couldn't take us to the airport as we left early morning

Friendly staff, clean modern rooms, pool and close to the metro!! Perfect

Staff were helpful mostly.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

People smoked I. Room next to us and because some affects my breathing I couldn’t sleep. Had to put a towel under door to stop smoke from coming in and open window. But realiized they had their window open too so we got smoke in from both sides. Complained to reception who said they tried to contact guests but we didn’t hear any phone or doors being knocked on. Eventually went down to reception and they gave us another room to sleep in. Followed up complaint next day but not sure there was an outcome regarding UT. The hallway was filled with smoke and it clung to our clothes so there was a few ppl in That room smoking. Not a pleasant night.

Staff were helpful mostly. Breakfast was ordinary.

Good but can be improved with a double single bed.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I have a single room and would prefer a double single bed instead of two twin beds put together.

very good breakfast buffet. Coffee a little strong for north American taste. Good to have free shuttle to the airport, pickup and deliver as well.

The location and the shuttle services
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff wasn’t friendly at all, they don’t care about the costumers at all; specially people at restaurant. The hotel is old in general speaking. my room was non smoking and smell a lot of cigarette, the bathroom are not refurbished and the room is too small

The location and the shuttle services

Convenient
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Checking in took very long time due to systems deficiencies, heard other guests complain about food in hotel dining room. Twenty minutes from airport. For a family of four we had to get two rooms.

Bed comfy, airport shuttle included, nice clean room with blanket on bed, steak restaurant next door was excellent.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the pick-up service at the airport is very bad. after calling the hotel to announce my arrival, I waited for the transport for an hour ... in view of the fact that it did not arrive I called again and they told me to take a taxi. When I arrived at the hotel I found the bus parked. I arrived quite annoyed and the lady who received me did not answer my complaint and before my claim, I shot my passports and did not attend to me. A colleague had to come to relieve her and check me in. In the face of the situation, look for the director, who heard my complaint and made the refund. I will not return and I do not recommend the hotel

LOVED this hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I stayed here with a friend for two nights. The hotel was fabulous, clean, spacious and great location. The free airport shuttle was a nice touch. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. Restaurant staff were kind of rude.

We requested a wake up call and asked the receptionist to...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We requested a wake up call and asked the receptionist to schedule us a taxi to the airport early the next morning. Neither request was fulfilled which caused for a very stressful morning .

Dangerous and scary of being stuck in lift while going to take a flight
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I had a very bad experience with this hotel in morning at 5.30 am I took the lift to go down to take a flight and this lift looked old but never thought it would be stuck in between two floors . No intercom In Lift , the alarm did not work at that time and had to bang the doors to open, to make the situation worst I missed the flight , had to buy a new ticket and fly

Not far from airport rooms are decent for a few hours of stay

Clean comfortable room and nice staff. Great for easy access to the airport.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was a long ride into the city by metro, so I wouldn't really want to stay here if I was going to be visiting Madrid for an extended period of time.

It was only 10-15 minutes from the airport and they provided a free shuttle. It was a 5 min walk from the metro station that took us into the center of the city. This hotel is great if you are just in Madrid for one night or for your last night of a longer stay.

Modern hotel, room nicely decorated.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Modern hotel, room nicely decorated. Not far from the metro station. Very comfy bed. Neighborhood seemed quiet. Didn't try the food. Booked free transfer to the airport, was quick and easy.

A nice airport hotel in a quiet residential area close to...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was a buffet for dinner that was very mediocre. It’s not an area where you’d find other restaurants so that was a bit of a downer.

A nice airport hotel in a quiet residential area close to the terminals. The shuttle service was fine. The room pleasant, good beds.

It was good enough for a one night stay while transferring at Barajas
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The lobby of the hotel is nothing special, and there are not so many common rooms.

The staff was very helpful, and helped me to find some lost items. The hotel is a good option if you need to spend one night while transferring at Barajas airport.

I had breakfast included and was very complete.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I had breakfast included and was very complete. We stayed one night just to stay near the airport. We took the shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel at no cost. Was a very good selection.

close to airport with bus transportation.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Personnel should speak English. Rooms located on restaurant side of the building are suffering from heavy noise coming from the street in the night.

close to airport with bus transportation. However, it did not work before 6 a´clock. Close connection to metro.

Ok
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Shuttle from airport took forever to arrive. They would not let us order the dinner buffet saying it is for certain guests only and the menu food they had was limited. Unless you are staying there for a flight layover the location is horrible.

Was there to attend a game at Wanda Metropolitano. Hotel is actualy far from stadium and not in a great location if you are walking. If you are using the metro it is still far and you are better off staying more in the city.

Do not choose NH if you need a hotel near Madrid Airport!

Everithing!

Nothing; a very "sad" hotel, in the middle of nowhere, the room was cold and no way to get it warmer, impossibile to take shower in the morning (water were coming out for one second cold and then hot) we had to wait for more than 20 minutes the shuttle, they did not put the bill of two rooms in one invoice, they charged the rooms at midnight and 1 minute ................ (penalty rate) instead of waiting for our arrival ...... everething was wrong with this Hotel.

Great location close to the airport.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location close to the airport. Airport shuttle was excellent. Also within walking distance to some shops and also a great park and excavated castle nearby to fill in our afternoon.

Place for delicious breakfast after a low rated night
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Horrible sleeping comfort: dicusting "tradiotional" way for covering the duvet with just 2 separate sheets so you end up sleeping around the same unwashed blanket that hundreds of people used before you - without any cover even though modern world has invented decades ago a proper duvet covers... Same applies to pillows also. Barely acceptable method at some old granny's room rental place but not in such hotels. Additionally the double wide blanket for sharing just increases the discomfort. To top all that, sound proofing towards corridors was really poor so you most probably end up waking up frequently. For elderly people it might be challenging to open and close the doors thanks to primitive american style door knobs which dont even work properly. Clearly no-one has been thinking too much when selecting them in to a hotel in Europe...

Excellent breakfast, fast to arrive from airport

Convenient location for a layover
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good option for a layover. Near the airport with free shuttle to all the terminals. Nice breakfast, with lots of choices. There is not a lot to see in the area but there is a metro station a short walk from the hotel (20-25 minutes to the city centre)

For Spanish habits, the breakfast was gorgious.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The only motivation for a hotel in Barajas is to serve as an airport accommodation. However, for this purpose, the access to the airport (one shuttle bus per hour) and to downtown Madrid (40min by Metro) is not optimal.

For Spanish habits, the breakfast was gorgious.

Worked very well for the day before our flight home.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Worked very well for the day before our flight home. Great breakfast, we'll designed room. Great shower. Loved the lighting. We were able to get there by metro.

friendly staff, clean hotel although a little run down in...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

shame the airport shuttle doesn't start until 6am - other hotels in area start earlier

friendly staff, clean hotel although a little run down in the corridors. good location near to metro - ten minute drive to airport. food in restaurant was good and fairly priced.

Good shuttle bus to airport, but that's it
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room and facilities were really basic, I was waiting bit something more considering the price. The soundproofing in room was that there's none: I could hear everything from the corridor (and voices from other rooms). Didn't sleep all that well, so next time I'll try another airport hotel or book later flight...

Booked for one night because of the early flight home. Airport shuttle was great and the room was comfy. Metro close by and the staff was friendly.

Big disappointment with shuttle service
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

One of the major reasons we booked this hotel was the proximity to the airport and the free shuttle service. When we exited the airport, as instructed by the hotel, we called them and requested that they send the shuttle. They said it would take 10 minutes to get there. 20’ later, nobody shows up and we call again only to tell us that it would take 40’ more because of the traffic. We ended up taking a taxi which cost us €25 and not sure if the hotel would cover the cost as I did not get a receipt to claim the cost - my mistake as the receptionist did seem to care and to want to help if I had a receipt. There was no traffic so I am wondering why they had to lie about this.

Good for an overnight stay. The best thing we experienced was breakfast which was quite a pleasant surprise actually. Very rich, with lots of healthy options. The breakfast gave my rating one star more than I would have given. Also, the metro station is quite close and goes directly to city center.

Good acomodations, very clean, nice staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room small, location not centric. Very few things around the hotel, we found a small market after about a 15 min walk, that was about everything we found. There is a restaurant around the corner, with nice service, nice environment and good food.

Good acomodations, very clean, nice staff. Very near to metro 5, a direct line to the center of madrid 45 min away.

It was a good overnight stay .i slept well
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I rather carpeted floor...and the mini bar was too expensive ...

I love rhat the room had phone portals which enabled me to charge my cell phone without the European charger

Average airport hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Price to stay there could have been cheaper, but seems to be OK compared to other airport hotels in the same area. I feel that they are all overpriced.

The room was fine really. Nothing to shout about. The airport shuttle is free and convenient.

Nice, clean and quiet place. Near to the IFEMA, airport and highways, with 2 Metro stations nearby.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Like i said, the room is a little tight, but enough for one person to move around. If you are a couple, then it would be so so. There aren't much places to go out nearby, as it is positioned in a residential area. But for me it's fine. And you can easily use the subway if you want to go out.

The location is fine, with easy access to highways, airport and to the International Convention Center - IFEMA. The surrounding area is mainly residential and quiet, which makes the hotel suitable for a nice rest after working. If you want to go to the city center, you have 2 subway stations for line 5, only a few meters away from the hotel. That is pretty handy and i used them all the time to move around. The staff is competent, but i can't say much because i hardly need to speak to them, as i usually manage by myself when i travel abroad. The room is tight but everything is at hand: shower bathroom, desk, closet and mini-bar all smartly positioned. I hardly need it bigger. The furnishing is recent and the looking is very modern. The internet wi-fi service is pretty decent for a free access, and the AC was perfect. I didn't use any other services, but by the looks of it, the breakfast and restaurant service seam reasonable. I definitely recommend this hotel!

The location of this hotel is simply amazing.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The location of this hotel is simply amazing. Very easy to go to the city center and safe neighborhood. The staff (receptionist and shuttle driver) were very friendly and chatty. I always come back to this hotel and never have hd any problem

Good short stop between 2 locations.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed could have been a little comfy.

Good short stop between 2 locations. The bus shuttle very prompt. Very close tot the metro station El Capricho.

Very handy,comfortable and good valued hotel in Madrid
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

That would be much more appreciated if there is a kettle in the room.

The primary reason to choose this hotel is basic on its location which is close to the airport ,and the complimentary shuttle bus takes you from or to the airport within 10 mns ride. Metro station El Capricho is 350m away, the hotel gets very easy access to Madrid's historic city center via L5 only. The basic room size is adequate and the room was very tidy and comfortable.

Home from home
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Not having more time to stay a little longer!;)

The level of comfort in the room as well as the facilities of the hotel, the friendliness of the staff and their ability to make you feel at home as well as been profesional and competent in providing a service.

Convenient
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed comfy, my room, 303, north facing, was quiet. Breakfast was Euro 17 but good variety . I had an early start so could not eat as much as I wanted to ! Madrid airport has a good selection of restaurants so if I stayed here again and had a early start, I would skip breakfast

Very friendyl staff and shuttle is sooo easy to go to...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very friendyl staff and shuttle is sooo easy to go to airport. Picking up was within 10 mins after my call - thanks for hosting me so professional! ;-)) I will come soon again!

The hotel has a very good price, the room is big enough,...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The airport shuttle is a mess, they didn't read the notification I send and I had to wait over an hour late at night. I finally called, apparently you need to call because they don't read emails but they don't say that.

The hotel has a very good price, the room is big enough, super confortable bed, very quiet, good Wi-Fi.

Good option between flights to enjoy Madrid city center
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

My room was clean and quite . I requested to have a room on Catamarán street so you don´t have the noise from Avenida de América. The hotel is places two minutes from a metro station which makes it easier if you want to visit Madrid city center. It takes like 20 minutes to be in Sol or Gran Vía. I am not very exigent with breakfast but they have a bit of everything. The shuttle service to the airport was very useful.

The hotel is characterized by an elegant functional design,...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The access to the airport, by a shuttle bus with a 40min rhythm, is a bit scarce.

The hotel is characterized by an elegant functional design, inside and outside. It is located in a quiet, safe middle class neighbourhood that invites to walking around. Visiting downtown Madrid is relatively easy, thanks to the nearby metro station.

The hotel is close to the airport.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is close to the airport. The room was quiet, very clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and I had a good night sleep. The staff at the reception was welcoming and friendly.

Best Hotel Near Airport
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hot water was on and off make it difficult to take a shower. Room was cold at arrival

Best Hotel Near Airport. Quiet, clean & large rooms. Great shuttle service

We waited 45 minutes the shuttle from airport to hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We waited 45 minutes the shuttle from airport to hotel. Was no possible to communicates directly with the hotel, using the number in Booking (a sort of call centre not very informed).

A MODERN HOTEL.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

THE LOCATION IS POOR. WE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE LOCATED VERY CLOSE TO THE AIRPORT BUT WE WERE WRONG.. AS WE ARRIVED FOR AN OVERNIGHT ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON, EVERYTHING AROUND WAS CLOSED. NO RESTAURANTS, BARS OR EVEN A SUPERMARKET AROUND. STAYED HUNGRY FOR THE NIGHT.

A MODERN HOTEL. THE HOTEL ITSELF IS GOOD. PRICE IS VERY REASONABLE ׂPAID 55 EUROS.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Location, most of the staff, clean
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

one complaint i oreder a torres 10 and the bottle was almost empty. It was not a normall serving and they charged me 9 euros for the drink The whole bottle only costs 15!

Location, most of the staff, clean

Good value for money

nothing really

We had one night stop on the way home from S-America. Very good bed, perfect location. Very easy with the free shuttle bus to and from airport, and close to metro station directly to down-town. Special thanks to the Shuttlebus-driver, Daniel, for helping us finding our bag again, we left it at the airport.

Fine, except for the airport shuttle.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The airport shuttle driver was rude and dropped us at the wrong terminal. Only one chair in our room for two people.

The hotel staff was very helpful.

I will not stay at one of these hotels again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff at the front desk was extremely unfriendly and unhelpful, to the point of being rude. When I was booking online, I put in that the room was for 2 adults. They did not have this when I checked in and had to pay 15 more euros for the second person even though it was a room with 2 beds. The staff was awful; the beds were uncomfortable; the toilet didn't flush; the shower was tiny; the airport shuttle driver wouldn't wait 5 min for my friend to come out and almost left without her.

The breakfast was very good and the room was clean.

I LOVED the bed, super comfy. I loved being so close to the Metro to reach Plaza Mayor.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was FABULOUS!!! Excellent location close to the Metro which was great to go to Plaza Mayor. Super clean, great staff, just a pleasure.

Good airport hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel very good for an overnight stay. However, suggest allowing more time at the airport (particularly if catching an international flight), as rather congested and spread over a larger area.

Good hotel with all required facilities, close to the airport with free shuttle service, helpful staff, great breakfast. Very nice room, clean and comfortable. Several restaurants close the hotel, but do not open before 8:00PM (including the hotel restaurant). The metro station is about 5 minutes’ walk.

Wonderful experience overall. Highly recommend!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Beds were a little too hard and somewhat uncomfortable.

Front desk staff (during check-in and mid morning on Sunday) were was awesome! Very friendly and welcoming!

The front desk staff was so helpful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The front desk staff was so helpful. Their English was great, and we appreciated it after struggling most of the time throughout the country. We had a Hertz car that we were going to have to return to the train station in Madrid, but the Hertz lady at the hotel said it would be no extra charge to drop it off with her at the hotel She was a real life saver. The bed was comfortable and the shuttle to the airport was right on time.

Very nice stay at your hotel. I would definitely come back.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

My room faced the back of a outdoor patio restaurant so I could hear children crying, this went on for a half hour. Just below my window your hotel, stored empty bottles and crates etc. (I think) so I could hear that going on from time to time along with cigarette smoke coming up to my window, when the window was open. So maybe someone was having a cigarette break while they were taking out the bottles.. Other than that all was good.

I very much appreciated having access to the shuttle service to and from the airport. Wonderful!

A rather good basic hotel. Especially for business travellers.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room quite poorly equipped. Far away from the city center (30 min by subway)

A very good breakfast. A peaceful and quiet hotel. Very easy to reach from the airport. Close to a subway station.

After the terrible experience waiting for them, nothing.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I had little time in Madrid, so I called and asked how much time will it take me to get there with the transfer, they said 10 to 15 minutes so I didn't take a taxi. We waited for 2 hours for them to come pick us up at the airport... when I tried speaking some sense into the transport manager he told me, that they didn't want the person we were waiting for, to wait... when I asked to speak to his supervisor, he put the receptionist on the phone, who maintained the same "argument" adding that the driver could only leave the airport at 5pm. Finally, the driver saw I was upset so he said; ok we leave now;. But he still made a loop around the terminals and we left at 5pm.

After the terrible experience waiting for them, nothing.

Good breakfast but don't expect to sleep
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very thin walls can literally hear everything all around you. Constantly woken up all night. Check in staff not exactly welcoming.

Clean. Comfy bed, good shuttle to and from airport. Breakfast is great

Great location for an overnight stay awaiting your next flight.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Not much choice in the way of dining in the local area.

Perfect spot for a transit stay when catching a flight within 24 hours. Staff were really helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

OK
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A new neiborhood. Barahas, I think, was once a small town and got incorporated into Madrid proper with the growth of the airport. Building cranes abound now and the place is growing and R.E. prices rising. A nice bike path, park, restaurant, subway stop, surrounding the hotel, a few blocks away. There is a section, I hear, of the old town nearby. A bit too far for me. Used the hotel pool, nice. Flight home the next day.

Browse NH Barajas Airport traveller photo gallery