Reviews of NH Collection Madrid Eurobuilding 4 stars

#37 of 350 hotels in Madrid

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Wonderful experience
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with View

Pillows, they really need down pillows for those great beds. Renewal of towels also, not the same standard every day. But all in all, these are only details to improve even more, as the hotel is excellent!

It is a wonderful hotel, great to stay and enjoy it’s location, with bus almost in front and Cuzco metro station just a short walk away. Staff is great, rooms are spacious and nicely decorated, excellent lights!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Only a one night stay. Very comfortable and spacious room. Average breakfast.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The breakfast was average. Some of the food were not kept heated.

Spacious room for wife and I and our 14 month old son. They provided an extra bed for our baby without us requesting.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Madrid is a great city and the NH Collection Madrid Eurobuilding was a great place to stay.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

It was further from the old city than we would have liked, however there was a very good regular bus service from almost out side the door.

The hotel room facilities were excellent. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Very comfortable business hotel in the northern part of...

Nothing really.

Very comfortable business hotel in the northern part of Madrid. Close to the metro, nice restaurants nearby, very good breakfast buffet.

It was the most impressive breakfast buffet I have ever seen...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The lifts were very few and infrequent and it used to take ages to get up or down

It was the most impressive breakfast buffet I have ever seen, every single option catered for. Fantastic omelette lady too!

Perfect
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room is clean, spacious, high priced, but it deserves all the money :) Breakfast is great, also, and the staff very friendly. We had a great view over the city from our room.

"Let us go and make our visit" T.S. Eliot
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

Is a kind of "Overbooking-Hotel". Long lines waiting for the Check-Out, for example; etc. Non slippers, bathrobe... for a room four stars.

Very confortable, good located and handy. The staff professional and charming. A wide range of facilities (Spa, etc.)

The room spelled divine!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I went to the wrong Hotel as the name Eurobuilding was a bit misleading

The room spelled divine! Very comfortable indeed with good big bed and good coffee and lovely bathroom

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

I can’t choose just one thing, everything was taken care to...

I can’t choose just one thing, everything was taken care to the detail, all was perfect. Congratulations, this is a perfect example of a great hotel with very good price. Once more, me, my family (and pets) thank you.

Cleaning stuff showed up around 11:30 PM, heavily knocking...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Cleaning stuff showed up around 11:30 PM, heavily knocking on the door and saying that they have to clean the room. After realizing that they are knocking at the wrong room, they went to the neighbor one and were doing their job very noisy. I had to complain at the reception about that and it took about another half an hour to make them stop.

Nice hotel outside of Madrid city center
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No bathrobes or slippers in the room. The layout of the room is slightly weird. The wardrobe is in the bathroom. The bathroom door is made of almost transparent glass and cannot be closed tightly.

Wonderful breakfast. Comfortable bed. The design of the room is quite modern.

Awful. Never again. Not good value for money. Only good thing is that it’s a newly renovated hotel,
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The staff were extremely rude and unprofessional. Also were were asked to pay extra £26 per person to use the gym, swimming pool, and spa! Isn’t swimming pool standard to any standard hotel? Their information is totally misleading . They didn’t even provide water after asking for it so many times. Overall stay was awful. Complete waste of money for £110 a night. Not worth it.

Excellent hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

An excellent hotel. I was allocated a VIP level room on the 15th floor - it was fantastic. The room was large, comfortable and stylish with excellent facilities. Staff were fantastic. My luggage was late arriving from London - the staff provided amenities and charging adapters to use. Breakfast was excellent.

Great stay for a few days in Madrid!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

The air condition in the room didn't work half of the time, great espresso machine but no renewal of coffee capsules. We were told we can bring guests to the spa but the hotel didn't inform us that the price for outside guests is MUCH higher than for hotel guests, and our friends had to leave without using the spa.

The beds were amazingly comfortable, the hotel is beautiful, breakfast was very good with a variety of dishes, a minute walk from the Metro station, great spa in the hotel (although a bit expensive). Room service was great and every request was dealt with as quickly as possible.

Clean, nice rooms
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning unit was not working. Changed room... Not working either. Only third time did it work? Bad luck? I wonder if other travellers had the same problem

Clean, nice rooms

business hotel - a good one
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Air condition was not able to cool the room, towels have been in a rather shabby-chic style (unintended) the location is only good if you want to go to Real Match or have a meeting in the area - otherwise it's a long way to the city Wellness area comes with a big price tag

1960s style building but refurbished rooms that are absolutely in 2010s design. large and spacy with any extras you can expect from a place like this. you hear nothing from outside and can really relax in cozy beds

Rooms were comfortable with great facilities, whole hotel...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

One thing let the hotel down - music played too loudly in bar / lounge / public areas - we could not hear ourselves speak! Asked reception staff if it was possible to turn the volume down, apparently not. Choice of music was also rap or loud pop - OK everyone's taste is different but if it had just been bit quieter it would have been acceptable.

Rooms were comfortable with great facilities, whole hotel was clean with friendly and helpful staff (up to a point - see comment on music). Location close to Cuzco Metro station (5 minutes walk) for easy trips into centre of Madrid. Lobby has stunning light display.

not bad
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

reception staff tried to sell breakfast , bigger room etc. No need for this kind of conversation . We already paid 234 euro for 1 night. ( without breakfast )

clean , in centrum , easy access to metro . very close to R.Madrid stadium.

Relaxing and comfortable in a friendly atmosphere.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

I liked everything but the service in the lobby restaurant was a little slow considering that it wasn’t full.

Lots of natural light and a good view. I liked the coffee bar unit in the room and fantastic breakfast buffet!

I liked the special breakfast for VIP users.

Too expensive!!!

I liked the special breakfast for VIP users. Also, liked the fact of getting my room ready for night time with the sleepers and the white cloth on the bed side.

The rooms are very modern, the bathroom is beautiful, with a...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms are very modern, the bathroom is beautiful, with a rain head shower. This is one of the few hotels I've been in in Spain that has wash cloths. Very short walk to the Cuzco metro stop.

I really liked the hotel albeit exorbitantly expensive at over AUD 600...
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Terrace

On checkin they did not explain fully what the VIP lounge included. The 2nd day our room was not made up when we came back at 5pm

The VIP lounge was excellent and all the staff there really helpful especially I think his name was Diego

Nice place to stay at for short terms in Madrid
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Just a minor detail, the gym and pool is in a separate part of the building provided by a different provider

I was the lucky guest of that day and got an upgrade to the executive level. Nothing to complain about.

Bad
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Terrace

I booked 2 nights with NH. The info at the check in was terrible! The only info I had from the receptionist was that the room was a premium one! Yes, i booked a premium room that have some beneficts but during the check in when i asked the receptionist about the parking he told me that was not included and the price was 27€ per day. But in the day after I check the booking and the parking was included as the spa that no one mention and also access to vip level where we can have some free food and drinks. Instead use this vip level service included I payed a 99€ for breakfast that we could have in the vip level!!! And also during the first day I drink some bears in the bar that was free in the vip level... in resume I payed more for a room with things that I didn’t use And paied more int the hotel for things that I didn’t needed! The receptionist could perfectly tell me that I didn’t need the breakfast because there was a buffet breakfast in the vip level that was included! This was really really bad...

The hotel is nice, the rooms are good!

Big and comfortable rooms.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I usually stay at downtown Madrid, which for me is a much better location to move around the city.

Big and comfortable rooms. Excellent for my mother that has some disabilities. A lot of very nice restaurants nearby, and the hotel had paddle courts. If you are going to the Santiago Bernabéu, it’s an excellent location.

Weekend in Madrid
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Mainly Spanish TV channels.

Absolutely stunning personnel. So friendly, smiley and happy to help. Very useful customer relations staff, helping to organise sightseeing. Very good restaurant with wide variety of food for all. Egg-based hot dishes prepread on demand with several additional ingredients. Plenty of fresh juices, tees and fruits. All fresh and tasty. The hotel in close vicinity of the Cuzco metro station with quick access to the city center (line 10). For football fans walking distance to the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium.

we came for a wedding and your hotel added more luxury to our weekend.

Having to leave .

Service exceptional. Staff exceptional. Rooms exceptional. Food absolutely delicious. Excellent selection of breakfast. We were extremely overwhelmed with our stay. Thank you.

Enjoyable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

Drinks are very expensive.

Lovely hotel, in an excellent location for our visit. Polite and friendly staff, huge choice for breakfast. Very modern rooms with extremely comfortable beds.

Excellent stay at this lovely hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Can't think of one thing! It was excellent.

Great location for our visit to the bernabeu. The staff were incredibly friendly & helpful. The hotel was immaculate, the rooms very modern & the views across the city spectacular. Even when it was raining the staff kindly offered umbrellas to keep us dry whilst out.

Excellent stay. Good infrastructure, nice lighting and interior decor in the room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I forgot some night slippers in my room during my stay. After contacting the management the housekeeping was "apparently" unable to find them.

The room is very soundproof. The white interior decor makes one feel clean, well lighted and comfortable. Excellent lighting combination also at night. I had no bathtub only shower, however the water management in the shower was extremely efficient and pleasant.

I feel it deserves a 5 star
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with View

The breakfast is amazing, our room has a view of the sunrise, and there are some quite good restaurants just across the street, the subway is just around the corner.

Great hotel and super nice reception staff. House keeping must enhance cleaning inside rooms.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Cleanness of rooms is average. Ground of rooms is very dirty.

Location is very good Breakfast is excellent Staff is extremely friendly Rooms are spacious Bathroom and shower are just perfect

A cheap hotel that is expensive !!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The worst experience I've ever had ever ! One night was enough ! Besides the many technical issues I encountered in the room ! The staff was unprofessional, mean and contemptuous! It's the kind of places where clients are treated based on the colors of their passports and credit-cards and as soon as you get to the reception desk you will notice ! PS: This hotel doesn't have BATH TUBS ! Only in " The presidential suite " She said ! That's why they don't show you any picture of the bathrooms ! Even though I clearly requested a room with a bath tub, no one had the decency to call me and tell me that they have only showers so that I cancel this pathetic Reservation! And also this place is not adequate for families! It's not the right environment for kids if you see what I mean !

I would recommend for couples and business travellers

I wasn't keen on the glass bathroom from a noise point of view - looked great though and the shower was fabulous. I prefer feather pillows/duvet to polyester fill but the sheets were lovely, good quality cotton.

Breakfast was amazing - among the best I've ever had. We upgraded to the premium rooms and the (table service) breakfast was delicious. We also tried the buffet breakfast (because of the kids) and it was fabulous, LOADS of options. We couldn't use the spa/gym because our kids were under 18 but if I was travelling alone this would have been great! The staff we met were all lovely and very helpful. Bedrooms were large, beds comfortable and generally lovely. The hotel is also very close to great subway system (very cheap too), restaurants and bars = great location.

Great revival!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

The piped muzak in the lobby and bar area really isn't necessary.

I had not been to the Eurobuilding for a few years. The recent refurbishment has turned a 1970s oddity into a very pleasant modern hotel. The large rooms are now quiet and with good temperature control thanks to modern double glazing. Nice bathrooms and an excellent fusion Japanese restaurant complete the picture. Service always was and has remained excellent.

you've gotta love the 15th floor
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with View

The hotel was fully booked during my stay, but the this floor was nice and quite. Warm welcome at the private reception, free stuff at the mini bar. The room did not have a bathtub, but the rain-shower was absolutely fantastic. Had a lovely stay at the Madrid Eurobuilding.

Totally below average.
    • Junior Suite with View and Terrace

The air conditioning temperature can’t be lowered to below 24 degrees Celsius!! It was really hot in the room!! The housekeeping staff didn’t speak any English. It was pretty hard to communicate. The iron in the room had fungus and mold inthe steam water left over in the iron from earlier before. It probably wasn’t cleaned and drained for weeks. Nobody ever answers the phone!!! Really hard to get through to reception, housekeeping or room service. There are no pancakes for breakfast! Which hotels have no pancakes ? The restaurant downstairs had a horrible menu. Really sad food.

The staff at the help desk/conceirge were very helpful and spoke fluent English. The proximity to the football stadium was good.

Marvelous
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Every thing ,, the room space is perfect, the cleanliness,, the atmosphere.. near to santiago stadium & a bus station can reach every intrest place in madrid.. it was an excellent choice & i'll be happy to do it again next time.

Generally comfortable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

some of the bright design

Bed and the pillows were very comfortable. The room are spacious. The color and the design next to the lift very Gordy for my liking

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Great room, nice breakfast
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

Wanted to order room service, couldn't reach restaurant or reception via in-room phone. Spa receptionist wasn't too helpful and seemed to be pre-occupied with other tasks. Maybe bussy day.

Room was excellent, great view (13th floor), clean and comfortable. Very nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

The information about spa facilities was misleading.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

The prices for just sauna were too dear!

The information about spa facilities was misleading. The hotel failed to notify Booking.com that to use sauna is for extra charge!

Poor service
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with View

The staff was rude and constantly telling me that they were at full occupation and that I has to understand that they would be slower for this reason. I needed an adaptor for my laptop and they said they didn't have one, but they really had one with them. The internet was not working properly and I had to solve the problem myself.

The rooms are nice, a bit too small.

Great option for Santiago Bernabeu area
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the staff could be more friendly. They are more dedicated to attend airlines crews than other guests.

the breakfast buffet is great. There are many options for everybody. The space of the room is great and the bed and pillows are comfortable.

Perfect business hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There is quite a bit of contact noise from the floors above you, which in such a high-end hotel was somewhat surprising. Not bothersome enough to lose sleep over though.

Great breakfast, nice spacious modern rooms with hard floors (good for people with allergies)

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Perfect place to stay in Madrid
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I'd like more privacy about bathrooms (glass walls doesn't work well for me)

The gym was excellent. Spacious and with modern equipment. The breakfast was amazing (variety of everything, even 3 kinds of champagne).

Ignored our request for a quiet room, otherwise very good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Having requested a quiet room when booking & also mentioning this on arrival allocated a room next to the service lift which kept us awake during the night. Not a good start for our one day tour of the sights in Madrid.

Clean, modern bedrooms. Excellent breakfast with a variety of food. Friendly, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Great location if using Chamartin train station. Short shuttle trip to airport.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel rates soar during football matches because of proximity to stadium. Hotel is stickler for 3 pm check-in time even if you arrive early and are an NH member. The only way to get an early check-in is to pay an extra 30 Euro, which may be worth it for international fliers. Metro line 8 from airport was down for repairs, but shuttle service was reasonable and fast to the hotel. No elevator at closest Cuzco Metro stop.

Spacious Superior room very bright and clean, separate bathroom and dressing areas. Great restaurants with reasonable prices for tapas and drinks. Easy transport from airport with AeroCity Shuttle. 5-minute taxi ride to Chamartin train station.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

Housekeeping was poor in my opinion. They don't come in regular basis.

The purpose of our visit to attend Real Madrid football match, therefore the location was perfect and it's served our purpose. It's like 5 minutes walking to Santiago Bernabue Stadium.

Great premises, substandard services
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Improvement needed in cleanliness and attention to detail in house keeping service. A big variation in the level of reception services, e.g. documents provided with other person's details etc. In addition a non-delivery of room service.

I can recommend the spacious rooms with two terraces. Very quiet rooms, good beds, great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

We will come again! :)
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It was a little bit stressing with the personal WHO works at the buffet because when they see a plate who is empty they take it. They are always at the floor ang looking at tables. So stressing!

The breakfast was for 10 points! The rooms are so modern and very good information at the rooms. The service was really good and the staff at buffet Always ask IF you want coffee and like that.

Amazing Hotel!
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Terrace

The rooms were so modern, clean and spacious ,mini bar stocked daily and the VIP level was definitely worth paying the extra! The breakfast alone was amazing! Considering the size of this hotel you really felt like there was a personal touch! From start to finish nothing was too much trouble. The staff were so helpful and nothing was a problem for them, it made our trip that bit better! We will be back.

Business Stay 1 Night
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The location of the hairdryer versus length of power cord to reach mirror needs adjusting.

Exception hotel to stay in and found very comfortable indeed especially after a very long day. The shower was like walking into a hot waterfall. I ordered room service for evening meal and the standard was superb. Breakfast buffet choice was too a very high standard and huge selection of choice for different dietary needs.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

We have stayed in this hotel before and they have a problem...

We have stayed in this hotel before and they have a problem with the heat/ A/C int he rooms. Granted we have gone at dates where theweather is changing. Make sure if the room is too warm to let them know as sometimes just dealing with the in room thermostat is not enough.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

the perfect hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the perfect hotel.very good area not isolated and plenty of restaurant and life. near the metro which in 15 minutes take you to the centre. complementary bottle of water each day..we loved the breakfast, the bedroom and the view! everything was really great.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Best hotel ever
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Spa not included and a bit too expensive.

Best hotel ever in Madrid not to say worlwide. Biggest gym ever seen. Great big clean room. Delicious Japanes restaurant next to the hotel. Great breakfast. Good quality price.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

New year at a great hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I don't like that the access to the spa had to be paid. Access to the swimming pool and jacuzzi should always be complenatary. Any other services can be purchasable! If you are in such a hotel you want to relax for a little bit, to pay a price for an entire day is not really fair.

The hotel provided us with the possibility to have an upgrade to a higher level. Since such higher level was not available we were upgraded to an even higher one. The facilities are excellent and the personnel was very kind. The breakfast is recommendable!!!

breakfast is perfect.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The only problem was that you have to pay additional amount for the pool and the fitness centre, perhaps this should be made more clear before you make your booking. Othewise it's a great hotel.

breakfast is perfect.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Closeness of the hotel to major attractions (10 min walk...
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with View

There is nothing I could recal.

Closeness of the hotel to major attractions (10 min walk from "Santiago Bernabeu", 7 min drive from "Parque de El Retiro, etc). Amazing hotel staff. Great restaurants just across the street, "El Cacique".

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

comfortable room, good wifi.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I had an old guidebook so was disappointed that the swimming pool had disappeared! It was said to be the best in Madrid.

comfortable room, good wifi. Good location.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Great place to stay in Madrid.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This is clearly a business hotel. Since we were on a holiday, we were a bit far from the where the action was.

Upgraded shower room was fantastic. If you fancy having a workout, their gym/spa is one of the best. The range of breakfast choices and their quality are more than what one could ask for. Location is proximate to just about everything

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Long weekend break in Madrid.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very spacious and comfortable rooms. Polite and friendly staff. Excellent breakfast buffet, incorporating spanish cuisine. Close proximity to Metro station and bus station. Very close to Bernabeu stadium.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Recommended
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

Best breakfast on our 2 week tour of Spain.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Bad service
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

Rude, unhelpful staff. Poor quality standards. Demanded payment in full at the beginning of the stay.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Amazing hotel, recommended
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Terrace

Vip Area on 15th floor was excellent. Super friendly staff. Anazing breakfast. Size of room was huge.

Great gym and spa.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

Great gym and spa. Renovated rooms were beautiful. Buffet breakfast was fabulous.

THE BREAKFAST SELECTION

SOLW TO CHECK IN NOT HELPFUL STAFF

THE BREAKFAST SELECTION

Lovely hotel shame about some of the staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Some check in staff were delightful, General manager and other staff rude and unprofessional spoilt the stay

Very clean, super location

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Modern

Modern

We enjoyed our stay here.

Quality for room key is not good.

Location and nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Perfect
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very clean, comfortable and with helpful staff

Very good hotel and location especially if you are planning...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very good hotel and location especially if you are planning to watch a gane at the Santiago

Fabulous breakfast.

Spa

Fabulous breakfast. Very spacious room.

Excellent business hotel, less cosy for vacation

Too business hotel