Reviews of Sercotel Europa 3 stars

Espoz y Mina, 11, 31002 Pamplona, Spain

#15 of 30 hotels in Pamplona

• Double or Twin Room

Finding the allocated car parking bays

Bang in the city centre all amenities at hand, Excellent breakfast, Room very clean , good bathroom & Shower.

• Double or Twin Room

Old marble bathroom with a deep tub was welcome. Bed was comfortable. Staff friendly and knowledgeable. Centrally located right off the main square, a short walk from everything in the old city.

• Small Single Room

It's in a great location. The room was 'compact', though very comfy and very tastefully furnished, with there still being space for me to do my morning dancercise. I liked that there was a bathtub (which you would normally only find in a larger room). The restaurants within seconds from the hotel door have won prizes for their tapas. The location is right ont he square and at the beginning of the shopping district. I'll be treating myself to another mini-holiday there in the near future, for sure!

The room was extremely small, it worked fine for my needs but it would really be tight for a longer trip.

The decor was fresh and modern and I really liked the style of the rooms. Location was perfect and easy for accessing the sights and food.

• Double or Twin Room

too much stairs. entrance is stairs. after check in, stairs. there is an elevater, but even if we use it, we must go upstairs. We were tired to bring baggages.

convenience for sigtseeing.

• Double or Twin Room

Even with a good sound-proofing window, You can hear the noise of the people from the nearby restaurants and bars. It was not annoying after a full day of sightseeing, but you have to consider it if you would like a quiet room.

The hotel is in the heart of Pamplona, on the edge of the pedestrian area. The room was very nice, not very spacious, but perfect for one night. The staff was very friendly and helpful, with excellent English skills. The bathroom was well-equipped and clean.

• Double or Twin Room

The Hotel was very pleasing and a surprise was the location right in the old town on the square beside the running of the bulls street. We did the walk around the the old town walls to the fortress. A very interesting place and not what we expected.

• Double or Twin Room

We tried to get food at just after 2330 but the restaurant closed at 2330 and no offer made for any kind of alternative, just that plenty of places outside. But we'd just ridden for 3 hours to get there in the rain so that wasn't a good option.

Clean and modern room, right in the heart of the old city. The reception desk was open 24h, which was handy since we arrived at 11pm, and they spoke excellent English (we speak no Spanish). We arrived on a motorbike and I'd checked and found some free parking bays very close; in contact with the hotel beforehand they hand mentioned a local underground parking lot

• Small Single Room

Great location, and very clean and comfortable. Room is good value for money for the price I paid. Breakfast at 10eur was a little expensive but everything was fresh and tasty and we made sure to get our value for money!

Rooms were compact and sound carried from other rooms, but it is situated in an old building.

Location in the heart of Pamplona, easy to get to tapas bars and tourist sites. Restaurant (Michelin guide) was excellent. Staff were friendly and very helpful in arranging our rail tickets to Madrid Airport.

• Double or Twin Room

We did not try the breakfast, but noticed that in the neighbourhood it is not easy to grab a coffee to go. Reception is located at the 1st floor, so you have to grab your suitcases by yourself there. Lack of parking spot, the one next to the hotel was fully booked over the weekends.

Warm and cosy room, great location and wonderful location, just few steps from the main square and most representative street of the city. Complimentary wifi, friendly reception desk, good value for money.

• Double or Twin Room

Not a thing - great place to stay.

Well-appointed hotel, comfortable room and an excellent breakfast. Helpful and friendly staff. Location is great - only a few steps from Plaza del Castillo but with none of the noise of being right on the Plaza.

• Double or Twin Room

Several steps up to reception but not a problem if active.

Stayed here many times and is always good value and perfect location for town centre. Visit Gauchos tapad bar 20 metres away. Best tapas bar we know.

• Double or Twin Room

pedestrianised area meant firstly leaving your vehicle to be able to get a card for the parking which was not explained in advance, however the carpark attendant was extremely helpful.

Large comfortable room and bed, large bathroom. Balcony overooking the square. Very good breakfast with plenty of choice. Lovely coffee. Bright airy comfortable dining area.

Room was a little on the small side. I booked a single and was given a double which was Ok for 1 but it would have been crowded with 2 people. Only place for the chair was in front of the wardrobe. No food in the hotel on Sunday night. TV guide listed a UK news channel but I could only access the DTV channels where the only news in English was from USA.

Staff very helpful and efficient. Good breakfast (as an extra). Clean and comfortable. The special price residents menu for dinner in the restaurant was outstanding in quality, service and value. Great location - bit noisy in the evening but only a problem for me when I had the window open. Within walking distances of tourist sites, bars and restaurants.

• Small Single Room

Well they don't tell you the room will be adjacent to the staff room and they will be coming and going all night talking and slamming doors. Also the restaurant is Michelin rated (1*) but the included breakfast is the worst I've had in Spain --the only non-fresh-squeezed orange juice I was served after a week travelling the country. Other than that everything else was fine.

• Small Single Room

Reception area and kitchendoor too near. Often so many people there, check in and luggage and showing your passport...but many of the ladys at the reception were very kind and helpful also some ladies to clean the rooms. Thanks

No breakfast, outside cafe irunya marvellous.at the beginning so many people in front of, stairs, around the reception, marriage!but I am also a client. I must transport my havyy luggage.by the end to go una signora shows me the way to the lift!the room was nearly quite.the place in the centre

Not applicable

This was the final night of our thre days on The Compostella Way and was the more comfortable experience for which we were looking. It was enhanced by the hotel's excellent Michelin-starred restaurant where we indulged ourselves in the superb 11 course tasting menu. At €78, including wine with each course, it was very good value, especially relative to other 1-starred restaurants elsewhere.

• Small Single Room

I like everything about your hotel. But that cabbies around the corner from the hotel are crooks and liars. I will never take a cab in Europe again. This is second time this is happened to me once was in Italy with other people this time it was by myself. I was going to take the bus and I cabdriver told me he would take me to St. jeans P department or €10. I knew it was away so I asked him to other times was he sure was €10 and he kept telling me yes. When We arrived I started to give them €10 in a tip. He looked at me like I was stupid and he wouldn't open the trunk and he said he wouldn't drive that far for €10 and then he wrote on the car with his finger 100euro. I called him a liar and a thief I gave them €100 . He just said there's grin on his face. what a creep

Adorable, clean, comfortable, safe room

• Small Single Room

Wish they would have recommended somewhere to get dinner.

Taxi driver found it right away. Room ready when I arrived (after a brief not sure from staff). Clean. Quiet. Good breakfast. Received my bike shipment with no problems.

• Small Single Room

Toilet is very small and the design is a bit strange.

Unbeatable location. must try their michelen restaurant. Food are fabalous. There are so many good tapas bar near hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

Great stay! even the great central location, there was no noise from the outside coming in. Breakfast was very good and they even prepared full breakfast for me at 05:00 AM to have it before my flight. I have only good things to say :) room was clean and nice, refrigerator inside the room

• Small Single Room

I was coming off the Camino and really enjoyed the luxury of the accomodations. It is centrally located. The bed was very comfortable, and it was very quiet. The restaurant has a great special for guests, which is worth it as this is a Michelin rated restaurant. The breakfast was included with my room, but it would have been worth buying if I had to. Also, I got directions on how to walk to the train station from the hotel, and it was a manageable 20 minute walk - much of it along the river. Pamplona is a beautiful place, and this a great hotel to enjoy it in.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

No dislikes

Facility was very, very nice and in a great location. Everything we wanted to see in the old part of the city was within walking distance. Real good value.

• Small Single Room

Very very small room with no window... :-). It was for the first time in my life I slept in such a chamber without possibility of any view and of airing.

I have stayed at this property in the past, a fact mentioned by the staff at check in. The location of the hotel is fantastic . The entire property is clean and well kept. The breakfast is excellent! The rate was very affordable. Many thanks to the staff.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Ac did not work properly and the room temperature wasn't cool or cold. Room was smaller that it looked in photos.

Clean room, location near good bars, atm and taxi. Staff was extreamly polite.

It was quite difficult to find with only a small sign out front. Reception is on the first floor and there is no lift to the reception. There is a lift to the accommodation floors.

The room was beautifully appointed and very comfortable. There was a balcony overlooking one of the main streets and it was very close to the main square of Pamplona. There is a Michelin star restaurant in the hotel and the food was magnificent. The breakfast was also very good value for nine euro.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Small Single Room

Stairs up to and within property could be a problem for those of limited mobility.

Good standard of accommodation for the price. Very central location. Excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Room was very small compared to other hotels we have stayed in pamplona. We tend to go every three weeks to pamplona and we have tto keep going.

Friendly and helpfull staff. Restaurant was exelent.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Small Single Room

My room in particular was small. Not a big problem since I was out most of the time. Maybe accessibility is an issue since the reception is on a second floor.

Location is great! Decor is cool. I just stayed one night but I would definitely like to try the restaurant. I've heard is one of the best in town.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I can't think of anything.

I really enjoyed this hotel. The professional and helpful staff, the lovely breakfast and the location made this a favourite of our trip. The attention to sound-proofing made the room totally silent although the tapas scene was alive and well just outside the building. Impressive. I would love to stay here on another visit to Pamplona.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Be aware that reception is on the first floor (no elevator, for that part). After reception there is elevator access to the other floors. Didn't bother us, but may be awkward for some.

Excellent location for the centre of the city. Our room was not large, but adequate nonetheless, nicely presented and very quiet considering it's location and we were on a street side room. Reception staff were very helpful and charming.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

We have no problems to report back. Our stay was fantastic. 😊

The hotel was in perfect location for our overnight stay. Room was very clean and well equipped. Every single member of staff, from cleaning/housekeeping to front desk reception were extremely polite, courteous and very welcoming, helpful and friendly. We would definitely stay here again. Thank you very much x

• Small Single Room

- The view from the window.

- The location was perfect, right by the main square and the main shopping street, and also very close to the bullring. - The hotel was clean on the whole. - The beds were very comfortable. - The wifi works very well. Overall, I loved staying in this hotel, and would recommend it, as it is definitely worth the money!

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

The bed took up a large part of the room and there are too many stairs to get up to the room.

Reception desk (Desi) was extremely helpful and ensured that the things I wanted were done.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Small Single Room

No restaurant service on the weekend.

The service was outstanding from the time I hit the door. Room was outstanding and actually had AC that worked. Great location. Check in person was extremely helpful on restaurant suggestions a map with key locations and how to get back on my roote in the morning.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Spanish like to party all through the night and keeping the windows open at weekends is not such a good idea if you value your sleep

Location, staff and breakfast were all excellent

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Be warned that although there are elevators to get up to your room, you will need to tote your bags up and down a some stairs to get into the hotel and even down the hall.

Location is wonderful for seeing historical downtown areas. Backside of the hotel overlooks the running of the bulls. Plenty of shopping and food nearby.

• Double or Twin Room

Room was a little small although fine for one night.

location was great, comfy bed, very friendly & helpful staff. Would definitely recommend

• Double or Twin Room

No laundry service. Common in many spanish hotels. But a laundromat very close.

Staff, breakfast.

Room was a little small

Chic. Wonderful location and restaurant.

• Double or Twin Room

Room not ready when we arrived after 2pm, had to wait about 20 minutes. Breakfast not included in room rate.

Good location, very clean.

Location was excellent.

Size

• Small Single Room

I smelled cigarette smoke from next door room at night and in bed. I assumed it was no smoking.

Location, staff and quality of room

• Small Single Room

The room did not have any windows and felt claustrophobic.

I liked very much location.

• Double or Twin Room

Location and welcoming staff reception and comfortable clean rooms

• Small Single Room

Very good price/quality relationship. Right off the main plaza in Pamplona.

Liked everything

I like the customers service, breakfast was delicious and bed was comfortable

Great location lovely hotel

• Small Single Room

So easy to find a good hotel for a great price.

• Small Single Room

Dinner restaurant was expensive.

Excellent location, friendly staff at a good price (in April anyway).

• Small Single Room

Clean, comfortable room in a great location.

• Small Single Room

Bed mattress was a bit soft for my taste

Perfect location

Worth to stay at this hotel.

Everithing

• Double or Twin Room

Lovely, friendly lady on the front desk in the morning and very clean, modern hotel.

Within walking distance to center. Small but comfortable room. Helpfull personel.

• Double or Twin Room

Fantastic location in the heart of the city.

Very small room

Breakfast was good

• Small Single Room

Location was excellent. Staff were friendly and courteous. Very clean hotel. Breakfast was very goood.

• Double or Twin Room

The restaurant is amazing. Best meal we’ve had yet.

great restaurant

• Small Single Room

Steps from the running of the bulls

Good breakfast on offer. Comfortable bed. Air conditioning welcome

• Double or Twin Room

Nice, clean hotel right by the centro area that was where we wanted to be. Lots of people out late partying, but our room was very quiet.

• Small Single Room

Very central location. Clean. Nothing to dislike. Downstairs around the corner has a bar that does FANTASTIC TAPAS. Would love to return.

• Small Single Room

No window in the room. The price is a little too expensive.

Perfect location, handy facilities, clean towel and good quality of toiletry.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Location and value for money

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

All good.

Private, quiet, safe and clean. Within walking distance of everything we wanted to see and do.

Stairs

Good location.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Comfortable hotel in the centre of Pamplona. Kindness of reception staff

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent customer service. Attentive, good follow through on on luggage and bike transport. Great breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

great location and facility. wonderful location!

Browse Sercotel Europa traveller photo gallery