Reviews of Palladium Hotel Don Carlos - Adults Only 4 stars

C/ Los Rosales, 53 Urbanización Siesta, 07849 Santa Eularia des Riu, Spain

#18 of 47 hotels in Santa Eularia des Riu

The location was excellent with amazing sea views. The staff were friendly and polite and could not do enough for you. The food was beyond excellent choice with a fantastic fresh buffet selection every meal time. The cleanliness was superb too. Cannot wait to stay there again!

• Suite

Only one English speaking television channel (Sky news). Given the vast number of English speaking guests, greater effort should be made to have even one English speaking channel for entertainment. Buffet dinner was disappointing and the main course lacked the variety that lunch offered.

Friendly and helpful staff. Maître D #2 Belkis was the perfect hostess. The best air conditioning I have come across in any Spanish hotel room. Delicious food with amazing spread for breakfast and lunch. Loved the serenity.

Absolutely adored the handful of four poster daybeds around the grounds, nice little private beach and not too far to walk into Santa Eulalia. I highly recommend this hotel, plenty going on in the evenings if thats what you want, alternatively big enough to find a quiet space if thats what you prefer. Excellent airy rooms; would definitely stay again.

On arrival we checked into our standard room which overlooked the back of the hotel and car park. Disappointed with the view. I spoke to Reception who assisted me with an upgrade to a sea view room. Well worth the extra 25euros per day.

Lovely hotel with friendly staff. The food was the best we’ve had in an all inclusive hotel and an excellent selection of drinks available too. Pool area is superb with plenty of lounges and amazing sea views. Rooms comfortable and spotlessly clean.

I had requested a late checkout and received a message from Booking.com to say that the hotel was able to satisfy this request. However, on the last day I was surprised that the hotel seemed to have no record of my request and said they couldn't facilitate me even though I was able to produce the confirmation e-mail in question. This was a disappointing end to an otherwise enjoyable stay.

The staff throughout the hotel were friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and varied.

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

no real lounges and not much atmosphere in the hotel-a bit cold-horrible coffee at breakfast-pillows not vey good-very basic furniture in bedrooms and hotel itself

ok hotel-friendly and efficient staff-large choice of food-good car park and nice views

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

We tried to book a massage for our friends special birthday but couldn't arrange Apparently the masseur is only on site twice a week but this wasn't made clear to us, had we known we could have made alternative arrangements

The whole package, lovely location, friendly staff, the large variety of food and drink Service second to none

Booking.com took a booking for 3 people but the room was only big enough for 2..it didnt comply with health and safety..i spoke with manager at hotel who called you to advise your error but got nowhere. I was then called by a member of your team Raul who didnt listen to a word i was saying..all he kept repeating was the size if the room is in room description...i tried to reason with him saying that the point is that the room was not fit for purpose ...in the end i ended the call as he was just making the situation worse.the hotel manager did accomodate us but no thanks to booking .com........no customer service from your team whatsoever and we are regular travellers with your company.

Property was great

Sometimes getting drinks was unduly lengthy as bar staff sometimes left on their own to serve guests

Fantastic selection of generally very well cooked food

The hotel was fantastic , the staff were so nice and helpful I would definitely stay again and would recommend it , the food was grate and all drinks were premium brands .thank you so much for a wonderful stay .

• Suite

The hotel looks dated. Everything is red and the bed and pillows were not that comfortable. It was fine for a sun-quite weekend, as the pool was lovely.

The all inclusive was a great value for money. The pool was lovely and had a nice poolside bar and plenty of beds / chairs. The suite I had was large with a great whirltub. The bed was massive, though not that comfortable (nor were the pillows).

I was put in a room with drilling next door.locked out of my room and told I didn't pay. Horrible place middle of nowhere .taxi anywhere 30 euros. Hated it.from seasoned traveller.

The bed was a bit soft due to the mattress protector but I guess you can just take that off.

Quiet, clean, great friendly staff. Fantastic selection of food and drinks.

One very minor issue when checking out the staff could of been just a little friendlier 98% of staff were very nice & friendly. All housekeeping , restaurant staff , bar staff & on check in the reception staff were very welcoming.

The food for all inclusive was of an excellent standard, Room nice & comfy with a lovely bathroom, Sunbeds plenty no problem with people hogging the beds, very nice dining room & very good choices for all meals would definitely return. Excellent value for money will be looking out for this brand in the future.

Unfortunately I had €100 stolen from my purse whilst staying at this hotel. I can't prove that this was by the staff but I'm afraid there isn't a more likely alternative. Considering I visited in off season, the car park was pretty much full the whole time so I'd imagine the 'free parking' is even more limited in high season.

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights with a few friends and we had a great time. On the whole the staff were friendly, the food was good quality and had plenty of choice. Drinks were also excellent with plenty of top brands included in the all inclusive rate.

Not the best place to visit on your own. Great for couples and groups of friends.

All inclusive food the best I’ve had. All inclusive drink included Bacardi and other branded spirits.

• Suite

The price for what you get is not worth it. They are apparently a 5* resort and many times we were extremely disappointed with items in the hotel only to be told by the manager it is not his problem. I would not recommend to anyone I know

The food was good and they changed the meals daily so there was always a good choice

Fabulous hotel from the welcome to the departure. Animcion Staff Sylvia and Leen were a superb team. The restaurant was excellent, clean hotel from rooms, reception, gardens and pool area. Definately going back again.

• Suite

Couldn't always get towels, was unsure what drinks were included and not included. When we stayed at a palladium before everything was included at this palladium only certain drinks were included.

Staff in restaurant, bar and cleaners were lovely

• Suite

After 11am almost impossible to find a free sunbed on a couple of days. The General decor felt slightly tired compared to the rooms. When compared to the price of a package holiday the cost of £1653 for 5 days seemed very expensive.

The room and bathroom was first class but felt slightly out of keeping with the communal areas such as the hallway decor and carpets and the dining room.

• Suite

We got 1 free night to eat at their signature resturant, this was a massive disappointment, the food was really average here, the food at the hotel was better.

The food and drinks in the hotel were really lovely, was really impressed with the food especially. The place is very clean and the staff were lovely.

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

This place is crowded with old people and if you are under 40 years old, you won't enjoy staying in this hotel. even the activities are made for old people like singers. don't think you will find a pool party or something.

The hotel is clean and good with great all inclusive service. the staff are professionals.

• Suite

All was more than adequate for a lovely break

The location and hotel was perfect, lovely choice of food. We had a suite, excellent room and facilities, would thoroughly recommend. Had know problem with sunbeds as long as you were by the pool before 10am. Entertainment was varied but good and the staff were more than helpful and very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

Not being able to stay longer!

The staff were excellant from checking in to leaving. The food was first class as was the entertainment. This is a great adults only hotel in a very good location for a bit of peace and quiet while still within walking distance of santa Eulalia town.

I am a non smoker and I didn´t like to see an ashtray in my room. I went out for dinner and when I came back the entertainment was on. It was a bit too loud. I stayed only one night and was told off by staff that I didn´t have my armband but I never received one from the hotel.

It was nicely located.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Just come back from a 5 night stay at the hotel last week, it was perfect for me and my boyfriend, friendly staff and very clean hotel. would recommend hiring a car - we popped out everyday in ours (enterprise) great food selection in the buffet also :)

We did have an issue on arrival which was resolved and it didn't spoil our visit. Our room didn't have a view which was disappointing, when I booked this trip I booked one room for two people and another for 3, the room for 3 was really a room for 2 - far too small, after a rather long discussion the hotel gave us an extra room for a small supplement, so it was resolved.

Food excellent and staff lovely, small beach nearby, great value for money.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

The staff on reception were not up to speed with the hotel's systems, check in was too long. The food was very average and the bar was understaffed. could not get a hot shower in the 3 days I was there. the beds were very hard

Nice view

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

Slightly off putting watching the cleaners sweep the dust from our room onto the landing outside our room and it not being hoovered up during our entire stay. Our booking described our room to contain a mini bar. There was an empty fridge in the room that could have contained a few choices of drinks as it is an all inclusive hotel? Very disappointed that our booking said we had air conditioning but that it wasn't in use until the temperature outside reached above a certain heat. I asked booking.com to forward a message to the hotel in advance, to make sure that we did have air con but received no reply. We were hoping to save costs by travelling by bus to the hotel. This is not an option unless you have approximately 3 hours spare. The hotel advised that the fare would be 25-28 euros and we were charged 36 euros. The bed, pillows and bedding are not exceptional but were comfortable.

The food at this hotel was exceptional as was the quality of the inclusive drinks. We are very frequent travellers and this rates amongst the best we've encountered. There is a help yourself buffet which is excellent and an additional restaurant which you can reserve a table at. Fizz at breakfast is always a winner with me! Very pleased with an early check in, although we were first offered a 'sea view' room that you had to lean out of the balcony from to get a glimpse of. Quickly offered an alternative. The hotel is positioned on the sea front by a small sheltered beach and the ten minute walk into town is really pleasant. A vast array of bars and restaurants, a nice marina and another lovely beach in town. There is a luggage holding room and guest convenience room for people catching a late flight after check out.

The walls are THIN.Every morning at 7:30 I was woken by the neighbours having a quiet morning chat, I could hear every word. The food in the buffet could have been warmer and I wasn't blown away by the selection but we've never done all inclusive before and others I spoke to seemed very impressed.

The hotel is in a great location with wonderful views. It's definitely worth paying for an upgrade to a sea view as our first room didn't have one and was a bit dull and dark. The second room with a sea view was lovely. Great pool area with lots of beds. Really friendly staff providing good entertainment throughout the day and in the evenings. There if you wanted to join in but they weren't pushy. The hotel was easy to find and only a ten minute walk along the coast to the town.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

The pool could be a bit warmer, that was a big disappointment.

The staff was extremely nice. Special mention to Sergio at the bar and the reception team!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Only gripe would be the beds were a little hard for my liking and the sound proofing in the room could have been better.

Staff were great. All inclusive package was great value.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Shower could of been hotter our fault to lazy to get it checked out

Comfy bed food very good something for everyone entertainment excellent would stay again no problem

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

At times we would have liked a quiet drink but there is no where really to sit away from the entertainment when it becomes a little intrusive. However it never went on for too long so not a real problem.There really isn't anything major not to like about this lovely hotel.

Brilliant hotel, a great welcome at check in, the staff all so helpful, the food was amazing, so much choice, every time. We had a suite which was perfect, a lovely big comfortable bed and a great sea view. The location is good, quiet, but only a 15 minute gentle walk to the town, nice and flat, along the sea front.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

Although there was lots of choice of different foods which were all fabulous my only complaint was that it good have been hotter, especially the food on the hotplate, some were luke warm. Service in restaurant by staff was excellant.

This hotel is fabulous, rooms are lovely. Recommend that you book a room with a seaview. Cleanliness of hotel was superb & attention to detail was excellant. Hotel also provides a pool/beach towel service which it doesn't specify on its website or on facilities available which is very handy. Location of hotel was good & easy reach of walking into santa eularia along the front & to the marina, well worth a look around.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

Lack of vegetarian meal options

Friendly staff Clean, modern rooms Lovely pool and sun beds Free parking Range of all inclusive drinks Evening activities Reception area and bars

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

The juice machine used for breakfast wasn't very good - but that would be my only criticism!

There was so much choice in the restaurants for all three meals - something for everyone! The pool area was absolutely fantastic, stayed in the sun all day long with views of the sea, and plenty of sunbeds for everyone! The selection of drinks and snacks available throughout the day as part of the all inclusive was fantastic - you will never go hungry! A few activities you can partake in throughout the day, we enjoyed the quiz and tai-chi.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

There is actually nothing I could criticise

This place was amazing, a special mention to the entertainment team sylvia and nacho... Couldn't recommend this place enough

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

Ensure that at busy times bar staff are observant and serve guests fairly and not just their friends. The bar staff should be reminded to smile when serving guests.

We have just returned from our fourth stay at this fabulous hotel. The hotel's location is perfect as there is only a short 10 minute walk to the shops, and a beautiful sandy beach. The evening entertainment provided by the Don Carlos is top class .

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Suite

Bathroom configuration could have been better and more private toilet. TV waste of time for english viewers only having news channels in english

The food was first class with good choices. Entertainment acts were very professional. Bedrooms a pleasure to stay in, beds very comfortable

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

The food could have been better. The packed lunches were quite poor. We didn't like the small extra charges - for an expensive 4 star holiday we don't expect to pay 4euros for fresh orange juice or a euro to weigh our case.

The view from the hotel was fabulous. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

The beds stand on braked wheels and can make noise .

The food in this hotel is just fantastic , never had so much offer and quality at the same time! The hotel is located in a more quiet region but 15 min away from Eivissa and Sant Antoni

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

Very crowded outdoor areas. Lack of shAde around the pool. Variable entertainment. Some inconsiderate guests. Men's toilet in poor state

Good bedroom. Helpful and attentive staff

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Choice of food great. Loved the A la carte restaurant on the two occasions we used it. Aqua gym was fun- will remember you when I hear "YMCA". Staff courteous, helpful and efficient.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

The food was terrible. The free champagne was really bad, so I didn't bother trying any of the other alcohol. No fresh coffee. The beach area outside of the hotel is sad looking.

The staff was very nice and we were really impressed with the genuine friendliness and helpfulness.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

The food was barely warm and the variety was limited in most cases you could tell the food was constantly being reheated. The mattress was rock hard. The bookable Mediterranean restaurant was always fully booked.

The bar staff were very friendly

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Room fragrance in reception was a little overpowering.

Good food and drink for all inclusive. Nice quiet location for relaxing. Good entertainment also.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

Guests were able to "claim" their lounger and parasol around the pool by leaving their towels....some getting up early to do so ...even if it was raining! I think towels should be removed from loungers if no one is using them to allow others an opportunity to use.

The facilities were very good and the food and variety of food in the restaurant was excellent. The entertainment was a bonus.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

For a 4 star hotel I would have expected a better quality of bed we had two singles put together.also I thought having a charge for more pillows a bit penny pinching. I would suggest the extra wide Italian style bed would give hotel real 4 stars. And towel quality although clean needs to improve.

Breakfast choice was reasonable.. Bathrooms fully tiled and vg showers. Hotel and bar staff very helpful and polite. Hotel was peaceful and very relaxing because of not being a family hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Suite

Very little fresh cut fruit in the morning, not 'real' fresh orange and sun-beds crammed together around the pool and other areas, nowhere quiet to sit in peace away from rowdy people drinking all day!

Shower was good

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

I found the welcome/ check in process very formulaic. It's very efficient but could do with being a little more personalised. Funny perfumed smell in corridors is quite overwhelming. Desserts were a bit manufactured looking, lots of processed squirty cream.

Staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Comfortable room. Very clean bathroom and great shower. Good choice good. Bar by pool area very good with great staff. The entertainment the one night we stayed at the hotel was excellent and the atmosphere was good, helped by a lovely enthusiastic rep.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

The entertainment was not to our taste.

Ideal location 15 minutes walk from the centre. Lovely hotel, good facilities, great staff warm and friendly. Excellent food.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Suite

Excellent staff-all inclusive food was very good lots of options -stayed at the suites very comfortable stay 2nd time I have been back to hotel and would go back again -lovely stay

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

Great location and view from our balcony over looking the sea and coastline, friendly helpful staff

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

Not much room for luggage & clothes.

Good breakfasts

Nice room and very friendly people. I liked the animation a lot ! Two very lovely girls and also the activities were very good.

• Suite

Suite 313 was perfect, next time I will upgrade to a better sea view. Customer service was the best I have experienced in the world.

Buffet Excellent, Service Excellent, very helpful and Kind

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

Public toilet in the hotel foyer never had soap to was my hands

Comfy bed, branded drinks, nice food

Everything was good no bad coments

Staff and food was excellent

• Suite

Very enjoyable stay, great choices of food, staff friendly and helpful , would recommend and will return

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

The bed was really hard.

Food delicious, hotel spotlessly clean, great entertainments if you wanted them, staff really friendly and helpful.

Lack of parking Entertainment

Staff were fab A la carte menu was good Breakfast was plentiful Bar was great

• Suite

location and staff. Food was also amazing.

Great staff, great food, great room

Staff were very pleasant. Good range of food

• Standard Double Room with Sea View

...The material in the fitness may get some updates...!!

.....a perfect stay !!!

Excellent and fully recommended

There was a large variety of food at the buffet, and the pool was very relaxing

• Suite

La carte meal wasn't that good nor was the service within the la carte area

Staff were friendly and hotel was clean

The shower was never hot enough, drinks were watered down.

Room was very clean

Beach. Booking.com charged me more than advertised! 😑

Facilities

Lack of towels round the pool

Variety of food and drinks available

• Suite

But no sea view and very disappointed

The suite was very good

Only comment would be lack of English TV Channels

Quiet on our side of hotel. Plus no children

Browse Palladium Hotel Don Carlos - Adults Only traveller photo gallery