Reviews of Hotel Spa Paris 3 stars

Ancha, 18, 24003 León, Spain

#25 of 31 hotels in León

Poor communication and ill mannered receptionist
    • Single Room with Spa Access

I had booked two rooms for two separate.nights, two days apart. They had overbooked the first night, this reservation was canceled and we were moved to another hotel. There was no previpus notice or warning. We were assured that the replacement hotel was of the same standard, it was not! It was also further out and not as convenient. The biggest disappointment was the way this was handled. The receptionist was hardly sympathetic and even said that our booking had been cancelled because we 'were the easiest' to cancel.

Clean, convenient

Location facilities and cleanliness were all excellent
    • Double Room with Spa Access

Staff were indifferent ..less than friendly checkin and unhelpful ..breakfast was mediocre and expected more from a city hotel ..no real options

Location facilities and cleanliness were all excellent

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Disappointing, too noisy.
    • Double Room with Spa Access

Asked for double room in quiet part. Got twin room number 202(two beds pushed together) overlooking main pedestrian way, nothing else available. Constant noise every night of our three night stay, last night, noise was unbearable. Finally stopped at 4.53am only to be replaced by street cleaners and delivery trucks at 6am. Electric window shutter broken. Room safe broken. Bath enamel chipped and stained. Odour of drains in bathroom and cigarettes in hallway. Stained bed cover. Breakfast a joke. Didn't know where or what to do. Non English speaking waiter shouted something at us, didn't understand. Apparently, its coffee+croissant+toast, that's it everyday, no choices. Don't pay for breakfast, go across the road instead. This 3* hotel is more 2* dated and tired.

Location Underground parking Decent sized room.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Location was outstanding.
    • Single Room with Spa Access

Breakfast was a difficult experience. I didn’t know what was included in the breakfast and the waiter spoke only Spanish and I wasn’t sure what I could get. I ended up with a cup of coffee and a roll.

Location was outstanding. The room was lovely and had all the necessary amenities.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Not what they promised
    • Double Room with Spa Access

I use the filter for parking on Booking App and I book this hotel to park my car. But when I arrive there was no parking space. So I had to use a public parking station and pay extra 18 euros for 13 hours!!!! Not happy at all about that ...

Very close to the city center.

Leon a bit disappointing apart from the cathedral the hotel a reasonable and good value choice.
    • Double Room with Spa Access

The hotel is a bit tired and in need of refresh. The breakfast was very basic - juice, croissant , one coffee-but not at all expensive.Massive choice for eating out and drinking once you have mastered the Spanish way and hours of eating but variable quality, often very crowded even off season, and less choice in the evening and then only after 20.30 or later. . The street is pedestrianised with limited traffic but was noisy till late on Friday night. The parking is valuable - 11 euros 2 nights-but access to the hotel is through a pedestrianised area and you need to know that it is permitted to drive to it. Getting into the parking which is by lift and underground is a difficult manoeuvre- one way very narrow street with lots of people . The parking spaces are very limited. Can't comment on the alternatives but there is a large underground close by in santo domingo square.

This has a central location in the Old Town and has limited on site parking. The desk staff speak English OK and are friendly and helpful. The room was fair with air con if needed and a decent bathroom.The restaurant attached to the hotel offers a good standard and good value.

Dog eared, disinterested and disappointing. Try somewhere else
    • Double Room with Spa Access

What a disappointment. This dog eared hotel has seen better days. We don’t need luxury but it felt grubby and things didn’t work - the fridge, the phone and bits missing off the tap and plug in the bathroom, shabby towels, a sitting space near the lifts sat filled with dirty linen and trays of dirty plates and cups from the time of our arrival around3pm until we turned in for the night at 9:45pm On arrival we accidentally went through the wrong entrance to the hotel because the main entrance was blocked by cafe tables and chairs only to be huffed at by a cranky waitress who rolled her eyes and thumbed us impatiently towards reception. Nice one. We were then greeted by a disinterested fellow at the reception desk who was far too busy to do more than give us our key. No map of Leon no Camino stamp - it was slid across the desk implying I had to do myself. The room was a long trek way out the back of the hotel sitting over what turned into a noisy eatery that started to get busy from 6pm until around 1:30pm. Then the street clean up began. So no sleep for us that night. Worse still for a non smoking room it stunk of stale smoke - even the mattress and pillows stank. For the first time on our Camino walk we were told the hotel wanted nothing to do with baggage transfer and we had to ring and arrange it ourselves This was not easy with a phone that didn’t work. After 3 trips back to reception the fellow finally rang then handed me the phone so I had to try and get the message across in broken Spanish while he sat and smirked nearby. Despite no sleep and a long walk on the Camino in front of us we were so glad to leave the next morning. We won’t be back.

The location was great. Very close to lively eating spots, shops and places of interest particularly Leon Cathedral.

Great Spa but a few minor problems
    • Single Room with Spa Access

When I tried to check in I was told I would have to wait until 2:30 which would have been ok but as I sat with my afternoon drink at the bar I noticed they checked in Spanish travelers... several different groups/couples starting at 1:30. Also the bed was made weirdly or with a poorly fitted bottom sheet that wouldn’t stay tucked in - I think it was too small. The walls are thin & you hear a lot of what is going on in rooms around you.

The spa was wonderful! After many days walking I loved the sauna , whirlpool & swimming pool and the young lady who worked in the spa area was wonderful.

Right on the Camino de Santiago about a block from the...
    • Single Room with Spa Access

Right on the Camino de Santiago about a block from the Cathedral. Great spa experience restaurants and bars right outside the door. Showers need to be a little bigger for a normal size person

Boutique hotel with good location but rooms for very small and uncomfortable.

The rooms were too small for my liking. No place to put even a small amount of luggage so cramped to get around. Would look another time for slightly larger rooms for accommodations even if walking a few minutes to old town centre.

Only liked the location, right on the main shopping district in old town. Did have a pool but only used it once. Did have parking around the corner and you could drive to the hotel just to unload as it is on a pedestrian street only.

Hated hotel as felt totally cramped and thereby room wasn't relaxing spot to retreat to.

The room we had was smaller than small. No place to put luggage. Amenities few. Spa is not really a spa but you supposedly had to book a time. No staff in area or other users and only a sign with numbers like circuit training to use pool and showers and hot tub that was only warm. No towels but they did deliver robes and caps to your room. If it wasn't a location feature would not advise staying there as others in area and if want parador spend the extra and go there.

The location is the best thing about this property. Gets the job
    • Single Room with Spa Access

The is definitely a budget version of a spa. Spas normally invoke thoughts of luxury and amenities. This was definitely the 3 star version. The spa is very small and the massage area was literally in a sad little basement room next the parking garage. It checks the boxes but that is about it. I had a single room booked and found out that the single rooms are crammed in the attic space without all the posted ammenities. The sloping room line made it uninhabitable if you are over 5' tall. I'm serious. Even I at 5-1 only fit in the shower with 1" clearance. The second night they moved me to a double room which was nicer but it was annoying to move.

The location is excellent.

A weekend close to La Bañeza urban motorcycle races
    • Single Room with Spa Access

The window shutter was broken. It was an orienteering course to get to the garage. The restaurant shut early

Good garage. Excellent location close to all the restaurants in the centre of the old city.

Really enjoyed it. It was a public holiday and a lot of things were shut but the cathedral was magni

Rooms dark and difficult to control aircon but we were so happy with position that we didn't mind. Tricky to get there with car if you don't know the procedure.

Location- close to everything that we wanted. Bar - good helpful staff. Our van was too big for the parks but helpful suggestions for parking close by. Comfortable beds.

Excellent location in the center of the town.
    • Double Room with Spa Access

It was a bit tricky to reach the hotel by car, because it is in the center of the old town. There is a barrier at the entrance to the old town and you have to call the hotel to open it. When we arrived the hotel parking was full, so we left out bags in the hotel and had to look for other parking options. There is a parking in the old town near the hotel, but it is very expensive. Luckily we found a regular parking place in a street nearby, so the problem was solved.

Excellent location in the center of the town. Free 90 min spa was very relaxing after long driving hours! Air conditioned modern rooms, good breakfast, very helpful staff.

I ad so looking forward to this...so disappointed.
    • Single Room with Spa Access

I arrived at 3pm to be told the spa was closed until the following day. It closed at 3pm. I said no problem I will wake early, but was told the spa was closed the entire next day (a Wednesday I believe) until 3pm.the woman said to me "it doesn't matter" Absolutely ridiculous. I am fluent in spanish so there is no language barrier. I had no energy to find other accommodation and so I stayed. The room was very gloomy (I understand not every room has big windows) and had dust balls under the bed and long black hairs on the toilet seat!also the ceiling in the bathrown had a large yellow and brown water leak. So disappointed. I didn't bother to complain after how the woman at the desk was so unhelpful. I've been in Spain for 3 months...so many wonderful hotels. Not this one.

The exterior with the tables was lovely and the waiters were great!

Fabulous spa experience.
    • Single Room with Spa Access

The room was very small. Not as the photos indicated. The bath was not a full size bath.

The complimentary 90 minute session in the spa area was divine. A fabulous way to relax after a day of sightseeing.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

The location is right in the center!
    • Double Room with Spa Access

The parking garage was quite difficult to get into but we figured it out. Also, even though the road it's on (Calle Ancha) is blocked off to cars, you can ring the buzzer and tell them you are staying at the hotel and they will let you in to check in/ eventually park.

The location is right in the center! It was a great deal for the facilities and spa. We had a lovely stay!

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Single Room with Spa Access

No kettle in room- bed linen way to heavy for temperature of room- room very stuffy at night- no air con or instructions. I slept really badly.

Location is close to main attractions- breakfast room nice with fresh orange and toast /coffee. Clean there is a spa but didn't try it!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Poor place at nice location
    • Double Room with Spa Access

1. Absolutely impossible to park with a bigger car - I cracked my Opel Astra Caravan. The approaching of the hotel by car was nearly impossible. The access of the garage was tricky and needed long walk through the spa and than through the entire hotel corridors. 2. The breakfast was poor. A croissant or toast and jam or butter. 3. The wifi connection hardly worked.

The location.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Excellent centraly located
    • Single Room with Spa Access

Very limited breakfast options. The rooms were small and noisy.

Great location. Excellent to have the spa included. Staff very helpful and friendly and spoke English. Clean room. And also Wifi working well and speedy.

Once Great Hotel Has Fallen
    • Single Room with Spa Access

WiFi didn't work, heat didn't work, furniture was secondhand. I've stayed in this hotel several times over the past twelve years and always found it wonderful. Something definitely has changed in the last few years.

Wonderful staff. A hotel this poor is not deserving of them

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Great location, a little pricey for what it is, not the most comfortable, spa is ok...
    • Double Room with Spa Access

The bed wasn't long enough, I'm 6ft and I needed to sleep in a bent position. The lights were super confusing. when you clicked a button on one side of the room it turned on a light on the other side...and vice versa. The shower was a little annoying. It is definately hot enough, but the water spit out hard but thin, I prefer thick water :0

Location was great. Spa is OK. I mean, it's fun,but it's quite small.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

loud & tiny
    • Single Room with Spa Access

The rooms were small and noisy. The first night I was there, I could here everything in the adjacent room (not just conversations, but opening of yhe drapes). I asked to be moves due to continual music being played. I was put in a new room that was possibly smaller (under the eaves with sloping ceiling) and across from the elevator motor, which I could hear each time it moved

The staff were pleasant and responsive within their power.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Most enjoyable.
    • Double Room with Spa Access

No view! The loo seat wouldn't stay up!

Good restaurant. Good sized room and bathroom. Enjoyed a massage in the Spa. Handy to the Cathedral. Central

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Best value place on Camino

Everything great

Offers indoor pool, jacuzzi, steam and sauna as well as comfortable room and great staff. Price was very reasonable. Doing the Camino and feel ready to go again

Location, nice friendly staff
    • Single Room with Spa Access

Usual sparse breakfast. Too fancy for just bread and coffee

Location, nice friendly staff

Great view of cathedral
    • Double Room with Spa Access

Liked everything...but breakfast could have been better

Great view of cathedral

I did not use the spa facilities but the location was...

I did not use the spa facilities but the location was excellent and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Lovely hotel, if you get a quite room
    • Single Room with Spa Access

Everything was perfect, including wi-if and conditioning. I asked for a room not facing the Main Street to avoid any noise. It was lovely

Very good
    • Single Room with Spa Access

There should be a complementary bottle of water in the room

Very helpful staff. Providing a laundry service too the same day.

We really enjoyed our four day stay here
    • Double Room with Spa Access

Wifi was not good in our room

Location was excellent only two minutes to the Cathedral, with many restaurants and shops in this area.

Good value & great location for Camino Walkers.

Cental location in Leon for Camino Treat

Fantastic location in Leon.
    • Single Room with Spa Access

Fantastic location in Leon. Very close to the catherdral and shops and restaurants. Great area. Some of the Spa amenities are incuded with the room.

Location was perfect.
    • Single Room with Spa Access

It was dirty. You could hear every noise from the corridor. Spa was not well maintained

Location was perfect. Staff was nice

Great location, but that's all.
    • Double Room with Spa Access

Room is small without any comfort. Bed is very soft and breakfast is almost nothing.

Location is in the middle of the old town.

AMAZING AMAZING HOTEL CLOSE TO CATHEDRAL

Everything was fab!

Everything was fab!

• Single Room with Spa Access

Bad breakfast, wasn’t told about the spa u til I left.

Very central!

Very central!

Everything else.
    • Single Room with Spa Access

It was a small bit dated and the toiletries weren't refillef

Everything else. The location was amazing.

Lovely boutique hotel in a great location.

Location and price

Wonderful stay, with spa and very clean rooms.

nothing to say

Wonderful stay, with spa and very clean rooms., the staff is perfect!

Parking in underground car park very difficult to access

Parking in underground car park very difficult to access

• Single Room with Spa Access

Soa could be updated. Breakfast could include more options

free spa facilities included in the reasonable price - close...
    • Double Room with Spa Access

free spa facilities included in the reasonable price - close to centre

Very central location, good value for the money.
    • Single Room with Spa Access

Very simple bar breakfast- only coffee, juice, croissant...

Very central location, good value for the money.

Ideal position in Leon.

Ideal position in Leon.

Spa is great for pilgrims

A little bit rusty

Spa is great for pilgrims

Nice boutique hotel in a excellent location to city centre activities and sights.

No negative comments

Room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Fantastic location and facilities. Highly recommend it.
    • Single Room with Spa Access

Everything. Fantastic location. Friedly staff. Very good facilities. Very good value for money. Highly recommend it.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Nice and clean place. Wonderful spa.

The free spa

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Professional staff, very clean facilities, location is superb!
    • Single Room with Spa Access

The location is superb! Access to their Spa facilities is a bonus!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Close access to everything. Price was high for value. Spa robe old no tie string -too big drowned me
    • Single Room with Spa Access

Linen was old Bathroom also need some attention

Spa was fantastic & Staff very helpful

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Perfect location and friendly personnel

Very limited breakfast options

Perfect location and friendly personnel

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

spa service, location

poor breakfast, do more in cleanliness

spa service, location

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Great hotel with spa

I stayed there in 2015 so I wanted to stay there again

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

A good location with spa
    • Single Room with Spa Access

The shower. The rare hot water

Comfort of bed Access to spa Flexibility on Check in And Chek out time

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Great location by the cathedral

Great location!!!

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

Staff friendly, welcoming & very accomodating.

Staff friendly, welcoming & very accomodating. Looked after weary pilgrim walking the Camino very well. Was able to check out late as bus did not leave until 6pm. Thank you Hotel Paris. I would recommend Hotel Paris to family & friends.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

Location, right on the camino

Room was a tiny box under stairs unlike photos. Air conditioning broken. Windows opened onto a low roof that had generators, noise, fumes coming from it. Key cards were deactivated twice, had to go back to reception to get re coded. Once dripping wet from day spa. Receptionist let me stand there dripping wet for 10 minutes before getting off her personal call to serve me. Bed was hard and like a rack. Staff not very helpful. Day spa was better in photos.

Location, right on the camino

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

The locacation and the room

Rooms like 207 with the window facing east are extremely noisy and sometimes even at 5 am I could hear the noise coming from the bars

The locacation and the room

• Reviewed: 14 December 2015

- great spa

- great location but then a bit difficult to get there when you are travelling by car. There is a parking available, but it is very challenging to park there (you need to take a very narrow elevator). Nevertheless we managed, with the great help of the staff... :)

- great spa - very nice room and good bed - great location

• Reviewed: 29 November 2015

It was a great location and with the spa was great , but if...

didn't like the bathroom, needed to be up graded, as all looked very old and worn,

It was a great location and with the spa was great , but if it was just the room and no spa would of rated it bad but the spa was great . and the spa made it worth the money,

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

Centrally located within easy walking distance to everything...

I had dinner in the restaurant and was only given a 3 course set menu. I didn't realise there was any other menu available until other (Spanish) guests arrived and were given full menus. I would have preferred just something from the main menu, but it was too late by then.

Centrally located within easy walking distance to everything Leon has to offer. The room was small but comfortable and clean. Very good value.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

The staff is friendly and very helpful.

The facilities seem old and tired and need more updating. I stayed there in 2011 and four years later the building interiors seems to be starting to fall apart.

The staff is friendly and very helpful. The location couldn't be better and the prices are reasonable.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

Location, comfort of Hotel, food was very good, staff...

It would help if there was an English translation of menu for breakfast, our first morning, confusion over what we wanted to eat. Food very good.

Location, comfort of Hotel, food was very good, staff helpful, particularly the receptionist who helped with map for next destination.

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

The hotels is located very close to historical center of...

We got small double room in attic floor as there were no other ones free. Aic conditioner worked very poor, it decreased temperature for 5C for about an hour or so. There is no luggage holder in the room. The bed is something between small and tiny in size. The bathroom has no bidet. Sound insulation of the room is poor, you may hear sounds from corridor.

The hotels is located very close to historical center of city and has nice free feature - spa center - which you can use 1.5 hours for free. The hotel has elevator. The room has bath tube. Spa center has turkey bath and sauna (but temperature there is moderate). There is jakuzzi and water pool with bubbling area, three kinds of falling water jets and underwater massage water jets. Also the spa center has rest area, lockers, showers, and clothing change cabins. It's not so usual for city hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

I bought an offer with spar included in price, but found...

I bought an offer with spar included in price, but found that in the 24 hours we were there the spar was closed. I felt very upset that we had been sold something that we couldnot have. Apart from this everything was very good.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

The location was excellent and the staff were very helpful...

Parking the car in an underground park was a scary experience. But we managed. The location

The location was excellent and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

Perfect location, 2 minutes walk from the cathedral ,wifi ok...

Lock in the room was not working well,the balcony door and the wc door needed some repairs.

Perfect location, 2 minutes walk from the cathedral ,wifi ok,good breakfast,nice personell,nice decoration.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

Location was terrific.

The greeting at reception was poor.We arrived at 3.30pm and the room we were given had not been made up.We were given another room which had been cleaned but was dirty. The bed was hard and too short and at best was a 3/4 size certainly not a double.there was an orange street type light in the room above the door which couldnt be turned off so the room was illuminated all night. The spa was shut and the changing areas which were open were grim.the whole hotel was tired and needs refurbishment. The restaurant was univiting and the wifi was poor. Worst hotel we stayed in out of 10 days touring through Spain and the worst ńight sleep.wish we had paid a little more and stayed somwhere nicer and cleaner.

Location was terrific. Room had aircon.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2015

Breakfast was included in the total price but I had too...

Problems with wi-fi, very slow and sometimes even no internet.

Breakfast was included in the total price but I had too leave the hotel quite early and personnel was so kind and gave me a take away bag with breakfast. Very nice spa area.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Location near the cathedral was great.

The spa was extremely disapointing. Changing rooms in the spa area were not good. The spa itself felt unclean.

Location near the cathedral was great. Comfortable bed and bathroom was good.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2015

We stopped at this spa Hotel to rest our weary bones a d was...

Bath caps in the pool. Being from Canada this was strange

We stopped at this spa Hotel to rest our weary bones a d was thrilled with the spa feature offered with Hotel . Located in city center close to every thing. Clean.comfortable. friendly. I would recommend this stay.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2015

Location of the hotel couldn't be more convenient to...

Free Wifi was not working well, it disconnected every few minutes and SPA was not accessible on Sunday afternoon and Monday morning!

Location of the hotel couldn't be more convenient to explore the old city of Leon. Many bars and restaurants right at the door of hotel, the famous cathedral is just 3 a minute walk away.

There are also 37 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Spa Paris traveller photo gallery