Reviews of Hotel Paseo de Gracia 1 stars

Paseo de Gracia, 102, Eixample, 08008 Barcelona, Spain

#268 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

• Double or Twin Room

Bathrooms very outdated. Horrible room soundprooffing. We had to buy earplugs the very next day, as we barely got any sleep the first night. But if you're going for a great location, this is the place for you.

The hotel is right in the center of Barcelona, with a metro station right 2 min away that makes getting around easy. The staff were very pleasant, with a 24 hour reception in case of late check in/ early check out's. We arrived at about 3 am, and got a taxi from the airport for about 35 euro. On the way back we had plenty of time and just our hand luggage, so we we just took a bus for 5.50 euro a ticket from Placa Catalunya (about a 15 min walk from hotel) straight to the airport in about 30 minutes. Casa Mila was right next door basically, and Cassa Battle was a 7-10 min walk away along the same street. Placa Catalunya and Sagrada Familia are both a 15-20 min walk away. Room was decent. Plenty of places to eat nearby. Overall great place to stay to explore the city.

• Double or Twin Room

We arrived at the property very early (7am) and very tired after an overnight bus trip. To my great surprise we were offered a room immediately, at no extra cost.

• Double or Twin Room

Awesome place to stay in a perfect location. It is beautiful inside and out and our room had an amazing view. Lots of shopping, restaurants, and sites to see nearby. Free WiFi was nice. There was a cold breakfast for a small fee which was good. Overall, it was a great place to stay and if I find myself in Barcelona again I will be staying here.

• Double or Twin Room

Dark room and for first day very odd smell in the room, then it was improved. Very old and not very clean bathroom, noisy AC on terrace (in summer days it must be very annoying).

Perfect location, great size of the room, big terrace, kind personal.

• Double or Twin Room

There are 2 hotels in Barcelona of the same name. The Iberostar hotel is a 5-star & quite pricey. This one has been newly renovated & is on the Rodeo Drive of Barcelona -- very upscale, safe, lots of sidewalk bistros, and across the street from two tour hop-on-hop-off bus stops. It's 2 blocks from 2 Gaudi houses you can tour -- a fabulous location. Hotel is modern & an amazing value for the money. They have family rooms (sleeps 4); our room had a balcony, new modern bathroom, comfy bed. Highly recommend this hotel! Would stay there again in a minute.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was good, but there were not any hot options. When we checked in, we were given no information about the hotel, only our key.

Great location, very close to metro. Fantastic room with a wonderful bathroom. On a busy street, but not noisy at all.

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom could use also a makeover and breakfast was not available on the second day - maybe after I left at 8.30?

Great location, easy to reach and nice as a central point to visit the Gaudi sights as well as to do some shopping or to reach the main areas of attraction. You are not even dependent on the public transport so much and can easily walk. The room was nicely decorated as it must have been renovated recently, filled with a comfortable bed and overall well heated. I had a nice view onto the street, but it didn’t disturb much in terms of noise as I was quite high. I would definitely stay here again when coming next time

• Double or Twin Room

no facial tissue in the room. Noise during the day due to construction.

we were moved to another one since the room in this one was not available. It is good since the other one is a 3 stars.

The bathroom was in need of some TLC. The wall fittings were breaking in parts. Totally different to the bedroom aesthetic and the only letdown of this hotel.

The upmarket location of this hotel was spot-on for my first visit to Barcelona. Near to the metro, close to shops, restaurants and famous Gaudi buildings, it made navigating the city a breeze. The room was spacious and clean and very neat. Wifi worked well and additional requests like a hairdryer and iron were available from the concierge. The hotel communal lounge was amazing as was the convenience of a vending machine!

The bathroom door wasn't a door - a very heavy sliding door, which was awkward to move at times and a normal door would be far better. The balcony looks out at a mirrored surface, so you see mostly a reflection of where you are sitting, with a slither of view to the right, but as a city centre hotel I wan't even expecting a balcony anyway. Was good to have a kettle, but the tea and coffee sachets weren't topped up.

Great location for getting around central Barcelona and Diagonal Metro is just outside the hotel. I was upgraded to a superior double from a single, to the hotel around the corner, which was nice. The room was large, also with large bathroom and large balcony. The shower and bathroom facilities were very good. The safe was very easy to operate and worked perfectly, which turned out to be very handy in Barcelona - somewhere to store your spare cash so you don't lose it all when your wallet is stolen on the metro!

On my flight home, I remembered that I forgot my perfume desktop worth about eur 150. On Friday, I sent an email to the hotel that I forgot my perfumes and that I would arrange for them to be picked up. Got the answer that they found no perfumes in my room. The only conclusion is that the cleaning staff had stolen the perfumes. Maybe not EUR 150 is something to bother about, but to me it's a lot of money. Will not be booking this hotel more. Do not like criminal work in a hotel where I feel safe. If you are afraid of being "robbed", this hotel is not for you. It's not my next hotel in Barcelona.

The breakfast was quite ok. pleasant serving staff. The room was quite ok there too. Thought the cleaning staff were nice, but then something happened that I did not like.

• Double or Twin Room

They made me to pay the room without checking if i had paid the room before. I had to prove it with my email with booking.con because they didn't believe me and they didn't want to check in their system

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not as we expected. Not many things on the buffet for 7€ per person. Nevertheless, It was a descent breakfast.

Very comfortable room, Quiet and clean. Nice balcony, great comfort for smokers.

Bathroom, air conditioner not adjustable to your preferred temperature (first night I was freezing!), no coffee maker, no rabbish basket, poor lighting, plugs connected to the switch lights next to the bed

The position/location

The coffee for breakfast is the only negative point I could think of.

The hotel was absolutely amazing! Everything about it was great..location is unbeatable. The room was a good size and very clean. I would also like to thank Fernando at the reception who was lovely. The breakfast was perfectly fine and even got the chance to have it on the balcony overlooking Passeig de Gracia. Will defintely be staying here again when next in Barcelona.

• Double or Twin Room

A balcony would have been nice.

The cost/location ratio is unbeatable for Barcelona. Straight out of Diagonal Metro. We reserved "superior" room which had plenty of space, was nicely decorated and had a modern bathroom. The view was directly onto Paseo de Gracia. Friendly and always smiling staff. Clean and peaceful. The AC did its job.

• Double or Twin Room

The only good thing was the location in the middle of town. Apart from that go to a reputable hotel. Plenty of them around. I'm not sure we can name them here but do your research first. I especially didn't like the smell of stale smoke in the hotel corridor.

Nothing, we left the next day, we had booked it for 3 nights, so we went to to a 5 star hotel. The management were not interested in even acknowledging us, very rude. Thank goodness we could cancel the day before, the beds were terrible, we didn't even use the shower. Says no smoking hotel but the corridors stunk and there were ashtrays everywhere. We were very put off by this, pokey rooms.

• Double or Twin Room

the room temp was very hot that we had to open the window and yet we still were not able to sleep well. the bed was not comfortable and the bathroom below expectation

The breakfast didn't have a lot of variety. Unlucky to be placed next to a room under construction at morning a lot of noise. And you can also hear noise from the street, but just be prepared and aware of that when you stay in the heart of the city center of Barcelona

The single bed was good, and big windows facing to the street. I liked the interior and high roof solution. The bathroom was nice and clean. It was so easy to get around by walking, metro, bus to attractions and restaurants etc. Perfect location and always nice and chill at the room with air condition. I highly recommend it!

• Double or Twin Room

Door, wall, door, wall....thin as paper...noisy next to ear! Exact as comments!!! We can't sleep almost a night as a pair of young girl stayed next. From 23:00-3:00, washed with doors open & close n times & talking. then didn't know sound from insects?! Wake up doors bang bang sounds again.... (but we stayed 4 nights) No room supplies, except toilet tissue. glasses, hair dryer, iron, kettle all asked front desk. properly a bit lower the price.

Location to Gaudi fans, 2 museums just 1-2mins walk and shopping all over the area, metro station in front of hotel. cozy & simple decoration matched the picture. room at 7 floor, good view and comfortable bed. Air-con started from about 19:00, invisible but cool enough and also afternoon with open-window. Front desk was nice & helpful, very appreciated! meet the standard and the best I have ever met in Spain.

• Double or Twin Room

everything . The hotel was a disaster The situation was great because I know Barcelona and there are 2 paseo they Gracia. I was so ashamed for my granddaughter for the one it was a present.

We asked 3 times to change of room. The first one , the bathroom was in a state: peinture coming of the walls,rust, no shampoo, no hair dryer. The 2nd room was a family room. The bed 1m40, the bathroom was ok.We went to the reception and showed them their web and the difference between the reality. Then we had a room on the 8th floor with a big terrasse viewing the Pedrera. The t.v wasn't working ( they came immediately ). No airco!!!!!!! When I looked at your rating , I thought it would be o.k!!!!!!!!!!!!I I will never trust booking .com anymore .I've never, never been in a 1 star hotel

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

maybe directions of what metro lines/ renfe trains to take to and from airport

comfortable bed, excellent location, staff very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

There was some building works going on outside which affected the whole hotel and continued from morning till 6pm so the noise from that was disturbing. However, no fault of there's really and when I spoke to reception about it they were very apologetic and offered me free breakfast in the morning, which I didn't take them up on but it was nice of them to offer for the inconvenience caused considering it wasn't really their fault. Facilities in the bathroom could be upgraded to look a little more modern but it's not a massive deal.

The location of the property is excellent considering the price range. The facilities in the hotel weren't amazing but I suppose I didn't really expect too much for the price I paid and the location. If you're looking to do a budget trip and stay central it's definitely worth checking out.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The stuff!! The man in the resection was VERY rude. Never seen such an angry person working in the hotel. He spoiled all the impression. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name, but he worked in the resection on 8th of April in the morning.

The location is amazing

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

It was pleasure to stay in paseo de gracia, nice view from the window, hotel is located in the city centre, cleany and nice rooms, polite stuff and delicious food! <3

Traffic noice at times with window open given central location. However, rooms very well noise insulated.

Very elegantly designed hotel at the heart of Barcelona. All big brand shops nearby, and walking distance to the old town. Spotlessly clean.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

They sent me to Hotel Actual (same owner) as they did not have enough room. Not an issue as Hotel Actual was fine but did not expect this. Maybe I am too picky but Pillow didn't smell great.

Super helpful staff, clean room and bathroom, excellent location and easy access to everything. Modern hotel. Recommended.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Wifi not available - would not provide the connection. Neither phone nor ipad ever managed to be connected. Happily I was able to connect to Massimo Dutty wifi (the store is on the ground floor of next building - that solved the problem.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

No drinking water provided in the room. Thin wall you can hear people next door talking.

Very convenient location. Subway is in the front of hotel. Got everything you need except drinking water. Room are not new but very clean.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

poor soundproof. noises could be heard from the nearby rooms and the corridors. however, the most disturbing was that even though we stayed at the 7th floor we could hear traffic-noise from the road.

excellent location and clean room!

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

One day housekeeping opened the door when I was still asleep!! It was 9am they could wait to clean up the room.

Location, across the street from metro station diagonal. Near bus stops and turistic spots. Half block from la Pedrera. Best shopping spot in town!

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Was a bit noisy at night time... nothing to do with the staff just over people who stayed in the hotel were making noise

Professional staff , сlean room

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

hair dryer and safe are both not in the room, need to get them from the reception. bath room a bit old, the lamp on desk not working

really good location, same building as casa mila, and casa batlo is 5 minutes away. you can find a starbucks/metro station next to you and loads of restaurants around. stuff is friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The bed was not as comfortable as it is in other hotels with similar rates. Also, even though we left the DO NOT DISTURB sign on, someone opened the room door to clean up during both of the mornings we spent there. We then discovered there is a small note on the inside of the door, advising to lock the door if you do not wish to be disturbed (!). This is the first hotel I go in which the Do not disturb sign is NOT ENOUGH to keep people out. We complained at the receptionist about this, they only advised they would take note.

Location is great, room is nice

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a very basic one but even though not cheap. OK for Barcelona.

It is close to Diagonal with subway and busses all destinations in Barcelona are easy to reach. Intresting shops and restaurants around and close to Gracia with its free spirited character. The room was small but clean.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom is outdated and needs lots of work. Beds are not comfortable. Poor lighting accompanied with dark walls so rooms can get dark.

Location and staff are nice

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Tge building is quite old.The walls are very thin. We were woken up a few times by guests just talking in their room. The pipes also constantly ran, it sounded like the tap in the bathroom was left on.the room discription said there was a bath however, then bath had no plug and was quite grubby.

The staff are excellent.Viewsfrom the hotel room were unbelievable. Within a 20 minute walk to the gothic quater and the basilica. Transport options were also very accessible s tge hotel is located on the main street.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The only disappointment was no fridge in the room.

Room was great size, especially after coming from Paris. Breakfast was adequate. We could see the top of La Pedera from our balcony. Great location with metro just outside the door, easy walk to La Rambas and heaps of cafes and restaurants within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

No air conditioning, too warm in the room, opening the windows for cooler air at night only in exchange for noise of extremely loud traffic. Room also too small for longer stays.

Great location for sightseeing, very nice and helpful staff, very clean rooms and stylisch deco. Very inviting seating area on second floor. We didn't eat breakfast so we cannot say anything about that.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

A bigger selection of food at breakfast would have made this hotel perfect

The location was fabulous we were given a room on the eight floor with wonderful views of the avenues ithe metro is right outside the door so getting around was easy

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

some of the bread was very dry only chocolate croissants ever day not pain not ever body like chocolate also all the cakes had chocolate of some sort in them not much choose

bed where good bathroom we had smelt of drains a bit but over all good

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom had a slight smell of drainage

Staff was fantastic: friendly, very helpful, spoke perfect English, gave great recommendations for the restaurants and other city attractions. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Breakfast is just enough for a fair price.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The cleaner continuously ignored the do not disturb sign . She didn't change the sheets.

The location is excellent. Right by the subway and main streets.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Noice coming from within or outside hotel. I slept with ear plugs and still could hear noice.

Staff pleasant, accommodated my change of room. Location in a safe and close to centre. Bus and metro close to hotel. Although a bit far walking distance to beach. Easily accessible by bus or metro.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Don't stay here in summer. Aircon is controlled by staff not you. You have to ask them to turn it on & they turn it off overnight, so rm is usually unpleasantly hot. No fridge. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

Right in the centre of the high end shopping area. Restaurants nearby. Metro and tourist bus stop right outside. Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Room not enough illuminated only two shade lamps. Noise of the ac compressor during the night. Whereas the room had no ac.so had to leave open appertures open during the night.

The location. Fresh towels clean bathroom.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

No air con in the room had to sleep with windows open which meant a lot of traffic noice all day & night

Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent location

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The cooling system can be improved but we opened the window and slept comfortably

Excellent room, view over Passeig de Gracia, helpful staff, value for money, clean & spacious room, metro stop few metres away from hotel with access to various lines, central

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Very noisy!! If it's not the roadworks outside waking you up it was the banging doors of other guests. Thin walls. One elevator. If your looking for a peaceful sleep here's not the place for you!!

Loved the location very central everything. Metro station conveniently located outside of hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom as there were cracks everywhere and the bathtub wasn't exactly for you to take a bath on. Double bed is really two single beds push together (as long as you don't mind the gap!)

Location is ideal for travellers

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was more dated compared to the rest of the room, was clean but just looked old and weathered

Lovely room and excellent unexpected view of Passeig De Gracia

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

the rooms are very noisy , we can hear what other customers are doing in their own room , we can even hear the house keeper when she is cleaning , we cannot sleep properly additional none flexibility of a late C/O since my flight was at midnight they refuse to extend the C/O for 2 hrs max

friendly staff , good location

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

No a/c in first room... No mirror in "Superior" room. Noticed bit of rust on soap dish in shower and shower head wasn't stable...

Beds were very good. Fernando was particularly helpful. Moved immediately when a/c not working Lighting good. Very quiet a/c. Great Blackout curtains and excellent windows kept out noise, heat and light at night. Shower flow and temperature excellent

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

No safety box, however the room was quite safe .

This hotel was really beautiful. Awesome location, metro station is exactly front of the hotel . The hotel decorated very nicely, we have been on 6th floor with wonderful view .highly recommend this hotel .

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning was awful despite telling the staff that it wasn't working well. The walls are sooo thin that we literally felt like the people in the next room were in the same room as us. The vending machine for beverages did not work and took our 2 euros.

Location and cleanliness

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Only downside was having two single beds in our room instead of a double.

Beautiful building in a great location! Lovely big room, friendly staff. Would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Barcelona!

• Double or Twin Room

Bed was a bit hard, but we actually prefer that. Excellent walk in shower.

• Double or Twin Room

No coffee or tea in rooms

Everything else

location was good

• Double or Twin Room

Poor welcome by reception compared to other hotels

Nice and convenient

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

No Aircon or hairdryer Room really small

• Double or Twin Room

I can't think of anything.

Great location. Excellent breakfast. Super clean. Great for the price. I highly recommend.

a

a

The bathroom was old furnished.

Small room

• Double or Twin Room

super early check in after night flight was a really good offer!

Air con

• Double or Twin Room

I will recomend this hotel to any one.

Service.

• Double or Twin Room

Our shower didn’t work so we had to change rooms. The hair dryer kept shutting off in new room.

Great location! The rooms were very nice and updated.

• Double or Twin Room

Lounge room for working is great

Value for the money

Very close to the underground station

• Double or Twin Room

Too much sound from other rooms and cleaning peoples.

The view and cleanness.

Extremely clean, WiFi through the building, excellent location

Everything !

Nothing !

• Double or Twin Room

i cannot find the hairdyer for my hair in bedroom

the location is good i cant walk around the city by walking n see many store n uniq gaudi

Browse Hotel Paseo de Gracia traveller photo gallery