Reviews of PR Pazo de Agra 1 stars

Calderería, 37, 15704 Santiago de Compostela, Spain

#55 of 66 B&Bs and Inns in Santiago de Compostela

Someone smoked in the room and smoke filled the hallway. Fortunately, smoke did not come into my room.

I walked to santiago and finished. I was very tired and needed privacy. The hotel was small but clean and quiet. I could relax and be satisfied.

Limited English. Separate bathroom down the hall is very small for a stout guy like me. But sparkling clean and quiet for being in heart of the city. The location made up for everything else.

Convenient location, about three blocks off the Camino on a street full of shops, bars and restaurants. Walk back to the plaza where you left the Camino and you're only half a dozen blocks from the Cathedral, also a street full of shops, bars and restaurants. Easy to retrace your steps without getting lost in the big city.

Not much soundproofing on rooms. Every room has their private toilet, but it is on the hall, not attached to the actual room. Working with keys in middle of the night when you want to pee, it is a bit annoying. You end up with three keys and they make horrible noise when trying to look for right one in black alleyway.

Rooms are basic, but it is a cheap accommodation in Sandiago. It is clean and ok. Location is perfect.

Small, clean room with comfortable bed. Perfect location - ca 7 mins walk from the Cathedral. Helpful staff - if you need a taxi for early morning just ask them. The bus station to the airport is ca 5 mins walk. The bathrooms are extra small, but clean.

• Double or Twin Room

It was perfect for our stay.

The couple who run Pazo de Agra go the extra mile and are really kind and helpful. The hotel is very centrally located and in a lovely street close to all the monuments, museums, bars and restaurants...oh and shops.

Hotel sited in traffic free street but street noise unbearable even with windows shut and ear plugs in- shouting, screaming until 5 o'clock in the morning. Other hotel guests also thoughtless in their talking, banging and door slamming. No tv in rooms.

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and tidy. Plenty of wardrobe and storage space and extra bedding if required. Private bathroom separated from bedroom, which meant locking bedroom door each time bathroom used. Plenty of towels etc. Many restaurants and bars in close proximity for breakfasts.

Initialy wary as ground floor reception did have a damp smell but the upstairs rooms are not affected.

Cosy single room, comfortable double bed, heating came on from early evening to 6.30 am. Had personal bathroom, small but plentiful hot water. Given own keys and could return to hotel at any time. Location fantastic, in the old historical town, 10 minutes walk to the Cathedral.

• Double or Twin Room

Heating went off around 9.30 in the morning and didn't come back until 7pm, during the winter or when we were there not good it was freezing and we had to stay out even though the weather was bad.Saying that we would stay again

The room was very nice 3 beds only needed 2 !!!!! Great place to eat and drink around the corner cheap as well right in the centre of the old town and very easy to find from the airport bus drop off

• Double or Twin Room

Bedbugs in first room - but lots of people coming off of the Camino, like ourselves, so risk of this anywhere inSantiago probably pretty high

Responsiveness of staff when we had a bedbug problem. Ability to call Ravi for early in morning could do laundry

Really great place right in the old town if you don't mind somewhere fairly basic. It was quiet and pretty clean, and excellent value. The bathroom for my room was down the hall but I didn't have to share it. The owner is very nice and friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

Accommodation was the worst we had in 3 weeks in Spain. The accommodation was close to most things, but the area had a bad aroma to it and at the accommodation. The Cathedral and sightseeing places were an anti-climax after seeing such beautiful churches, Cathedrals, ... in most other places. Glad we drove rather than walked. Next day we drove to Cascada De Ezaro, choose no-tolls and the small villages are amazing, rock formations, the dam and the waterfalls and then the amazing beaches and bridges, on our way Braga Portugal, make sure you follow the coast line for the first 50km and see the sea, beaches and very old lighthouses.

• Double or Twin Room

The area is noisy very late between 2-5am,so take some ear plugs.

Manager very helpful,just ask a question about the area and he would know the the answer

It was an extremely noisy street full scateboarders and people partying into the early hours. I arrived from Santiago and the solitude of the Camino so I was overly sensitive to noise.

It was convenient to bus and access to airport.

The downside for me was the noise from other guests. the building echoes, so you hear everything. On both nights I stayed there were people coming in late or getting up early and talking.

The room was fine, clean and comfortable, very good for the price. The bathroom was small, but adequate.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff was really friendly and helpful. The room was very pleasant and quiet, even wen it is situated in the very downtown of Santiago. I highly recomend it

• Double or Twin Room

This property was advertised as having 24 hour check in but check in closes at 11.00pm. We chose this property as we had a late arriving flight into Santiago, fortunately the flight was early and we arrived before 11.00pm. It was difficult to get a peaceful nights sleep after a long flight as the noise from the street was loud until about 4.00am. The walls were so thin we could hear people in other rooms use their toilet during the night.

Everything was very clean.

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom facilities quite cramped.

It is a great location, however, price and quality don't correspond. It acceptable for an over night stay bed was comfy furnishing a bit old and tired looking luckily double glazing windows helped to drown out the noise it had easy access to the bars and restaurants and a !5 -20 min walk to station

Unfortunately the really good location right in the city center also means a noisy night. I didn't know Santiago was so prone to loud street artists but it is.

Very convenient location right in the heart of Santiago. Staff was really nice and helpfull with great insights about the city. Room and bathroom were modest but very clean and well kept.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The room is quite small, the bed as well and not very comfortable for two people. The smell in the room and in the building was quite strong and not pleasant.

the location

Bathroom was tiny and cramped, but its a small building, I'd say it adds to the quirky character of the place.

The owner was a nice guy, friendly and chatty. The room was fabulous with a little balcony overlooking the pedestrian road. Clean and comfortable. The bathroom was down the hall and certainly cramped, but you had your own key. Bang in the old town, perfect for everything. I'd stay there again.

There is nothing i dislike about here but. If you like a modern hotel with a lift this is not for you.

I have stayed here 3 times. I love the location right in the middle of the old town. Its a lovely old style stone building and though the room may be small it is more than made up for with the lovely airy balcony overlooking the street. I will be staying here again next time im back!

• Double or Twin Room

We got offered da 1st floor apartmenit 2min walk ki the hostal besides a shop (7i7ú night we have to open go f4gror shop's metalt ffr to get access to the 8. It was located in a cery busy walkwkay with a few bars c k open most of the night (5fdrrf the drunk students didnt knowolo9ft ourgtzztg5d sleep pattern a83syt57ind was noisy the whole night). We had no Internet and to top it we forgot shoes from our daughter given by her granny. We contacted the hostal the same day but got no reply. After 20 days we decided to call and we got informed that he gave them to charity. Quite dissapointed as he could had sent an email or contact us through booking.com (as we did but he completely ignored it).

Separate apartment 880

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The late night screaming people in the quiet street. Apparently some pilgrims (?) still behave like drunk bastards. Without aircon and a window open that is no pleasure.

The excellent location (also for the airport bus). The friendly family that runs the pension. And the nearby market, good for local meals as well.

• Double or Twin Room

The faded & worn decor. More of a hostel than hotel.

Location in centre of old town, friendly staff, good wi-fi & adequate space. Close to bus stops & about 1.5 kilometers to train station. Good value for money.

• Double or Twin Room

I didn't mind that it was an older building updated with modern features such as bath fixtures and lighting. Some may be put off by the dark staircase and creaky floors.

The husband and wife team went out of their way to make my stay comfortable even though we struggled a bit with the language barrier. The accommodated my shifting schedule and even did a small lot ad of laundry for me in-house, a service they don't typically offer I don't think.

The place was a bit SMELLY - until I got to my room which was fine. Bathroom down the hall not ideal and was tiny. Get what you pay for and this was cheap and central so no complaints.

Location was great and the propriator helpful

The shower / toilet / basin is in a small cubicle. Doing anything is hard work unless you are small and slim, like me!

Excellent location. Lots of light in the room.

dont stay here on a Fri or Sat nite unless you dont want to sleep. The all nite yelling and shouting and partying and general cacophony on the streets carries on thru till 7am. Otherwise, all is good with this pension

Location great staff

Fernando was an amazing host. He coordinated our airport shuttle with us, walked us to a lunch recommendation and introduced us to the owner, and let us leave the keys for our very early departure. He's the best.

Smell in the hall.

Still has smell of gas and mould in the lobby but upstairs is alright.Location is excellent and you get a little balcony to look out onto the busy streets.I booked well ahead so it was great value.On the last day you can store your bags if you have a late departure.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

The staff were very friendly and helpful. They even did my laundry for me at no charge. This was beyond what was expected. Excellent location in town, but car parking has to be done on the edge of the old town or you'd have to pay for it. This is normal for such old towns. Note for summer there is no a/c so this may be an issue for some. I never travel in summer for this reason.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Nothing at all!!

The Plaza de Agra was a great end of the road when arriving in Santiago. We liked it so much we kept coming back and Fernando was great. The three times we stayed, we had 3 different rooms and all were comfortable and warm. Great location near the cathedral, shops, and restaurants and just an all around wonderful experience. Would recommend to anyone.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I think it would be nice to have a kettle in the room. (But it's the only minus. Overall, I am absolutely happy with my stay in this hostel)

Great staff (the owner recommended a local traditional bistro and he also ordered a taxi for me, the cleaning ladies were very friendly) My room was very clean I had a private bathroom The room was warm (regardless low winter temperatures; thanks to the heating provided)

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

It's a lovely palazzo inside the old town. On one side are university buildings (couple of cafés too) on the other side you get to one of the bigger alleys winding through old town. Short walk to the cathedral (and the museo peregrino) , about 10min if you walk slowely and take in the sights. You get a key to the house, so you're free to come and leave at your pleasure. If you're sound sensitive this might not be for you, you can hear when someone walks on the creaky staircase, but I love that sound. Very nice staff!

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Dark hallways and stairs. Lights automatically go out after a very short time. I fell down the stairs because the lights went out.

Location, private bath though full of mold and mildew

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

bathroom is small and not in the room, but outside, however it is private indeed. Room was cold - however an electric heater was provided on my request

Helpful staff, central location

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

NOISE ....loud talking all night out side then street washers after that. There were heavy deodorizers which caused both my husband a bit of respiratory phlegm. We both new staying in the old city you have to be prepared for " dank smell " but can't tolerate strong deodorant.

Owner and staff are great. Really this is a family run business and is secure our room was like a school 2 person dorm , likely was at some point.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Pretty noisy - wooden floors make every sound loud. And the street can be noisy into the small hours. Bring earplugs!

Balcony was good. Power shower excellent. Location brilliant.

To say I didn't like it would be too strong but the low price meant that the room's private bathroom was two paces across the hall rather than attached to the room. It was a small detail that didn't really bother me and was very understandable for the great price. I had my own key for the bathroom so it was exclusive to the room. Each room had its own private bathroom like this.

This was extremely good value so I was not expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised. It's in the heart of the old town so it is, of course an old building, but the room was airy, clean and the bed very comfortable. I dealt with two different staff during my stay and both had the same positive, helpful and kind attitude. There was no problem, for example, leaving my bag with them after I had checked out and I was even allowed to keep my key for the day to get back in which was great peace of mind.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The second bed (or the couch I should say) was extremely hard. It was practically sleeping on the hard wood. We also didnt have any soap or shampoo

We asked for a room but instead we got a full apartment. It was amazing. The staff was also extremely friendly

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Really loved the location and friendly staff. Left our bags in storage until time to head to airport. So helpful and nice to deal with. Excellent value and location with balcony overlooking the street. Great buzz as you relaxed and enjoyed the hustle and bustle below....

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

I suppose after a month or so on the camiño sleeping in albergues/refuges along the way, this will come as a welcome lodging. However if not you may find this place is not good value for money with only shared bathrooms, no TV, and broken furniture (in Rm. 101).

Very close to everything. Although hostal is on a busy pedestrianised street it all goes pretty quiet by 22:00 so a good sleep can be had. Propriator speaks English and nice bloke. A few mins walk to/from the aeropuerto bus stop at plaza Galicia.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

The bathrooms are tiny but the price is so good I didn't mind.

The location and price were amazing. If you're someone who just wants a bed to relax in from time to time then this place is perfect. The staff were friendly and helpful. The building has lots of character and the rooms have beautiful old balconies.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

The property felt a little neglected. With some tlc, it could be an amazing boutique hotel. It could double its pricing and still remain competitive.

The proprietor is a lovely, helpful man. The location is excellent - slap bang in the middle of the old town. Fantastic old townhouse.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

It was a little hot and noisy from outside (we were there on a Thursday, i.e. party night in Santiago, PLUS during the lead-up to the Festival of St James). If we closed the window shutters, it really reduced the noise, but then we were too hot.

I liked the room and hotel. Very convenient location. The owner was really kind to store our bags while we visited the cathedral, even though it was not checkin time yet.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

It is right in town so it's quite loud. I was doing the camino walk so had my ear plugs so wasn't bothered by it.

The place is nice and very inexpensive for where it is. The people that run it are nice and the wifi was very good.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

As with much of such accommodation it is up two flighs of stairs. However I would be happy to return.

In the old centre of Santiago. Very convenient for sights shopping and eating. helpful staff.This is " Hostal " rather than hotel accommodation. Small but not cramped room. to the rear of the building, so no view, but also no sound of the bar opposite. Good basic accommodation in the heart of the city.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Walls are a little thin and a litlle musty in the hallways.

The location is great, 3 minutes walk from the cathedral, pedestrian streets, lots of small shops and restaurants, friendly and helpful staff. Fairly small rooms but clean and bright. We had a room with an ensuite bathroom which was clean and large. Especially compared to the shared facilities in albergues along the Camino.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

Short bed of poor quality. I could not sleep properly with my feet hanging over the end of the bed. I'm 6'1". The bathroom was not part of the room, it was a separate room down the corridor with my room number on it. This is NOT on suite. Dreadful smell in the reception and on the stairs. Needs some ventilation.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Bathroom too small, hall / stairs very smelly, walls paper thin and it is Located on a busy street that the locals use into the wee hours of the morning. Got no good sleep. Would never stay here again.

Wifi was good

If you lacked mobility issues the bathroom might be a bit small

The ambiance and lovely building and stairway

• Double or Twin Room

We were pleasantly surprised that we had an apartment complete with washing machine and a small kitchen. Everything was spotless!

Very small shower.

Convenient location but noisy the night I was there with people partying in the streets to 5am!!!

• Double or Twin Room

Noisey in Rua late at night

Great location, support from host and idelic.

Bathroom was not ensuite but down the hallway.

Great location!

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

El WiFi no funciona. The WiFi doesn't work.

It is very central. You couldn't get a better location!

Location, cleanings and staff

smell of cigarette smoke in my room

Bathroom was very small, not in the room and you have to walk down the corridor to get to it.

• Double or Twin Room

Great location, perfect for a one night stay in Santiago!

Excellent location. The little balcony looking unto the street. The shutters that keep out the light in the morning.

Great over all

It was too noisy

The bed was comfy, I had towels and it was very clean. The staff were very helpful.

No breakfast

Location in rhe very center

It's very cheap, clean and the location is amazing.

Location, Room size, great staff

Quite comfortable bed with own bathroom. Lovely helpful owners

I liked having a small balcony tohang my wet clothes up.

Bathroom is separate with the room . Noises from people outside

Very close the Cathedral

• Double or Twin Room

TV set. Bathroom. No kettle to make tea.pillows very hard.

Sound proof to outside!

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Bib of a walk to bus ststion

Near activity

• Double or Twin Room

Very kind and accommodating host. Close to everything in the old part of the city.

Dirty bed sheets Dirty shower