Reviews of Hotel Pinomar 3 stars

Jade, 7, 11500 El Puerto de Santa María, Spain

#12 of 19 hotels in El Puerto de Santa María

Very good-)
    • Junior Suite (4 Adults)

Just check as we were in Cádiz and it says 8km away on Booking.com but actually 30 km due to road system...but easy to get to the hotel so no problems at all.

Friendly staff....close to beach and forest

Realaxing, staff friendly,
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No directions or signs locally, very difficult to find. No wi-fi available in the rooms, only outside of the hotel.

Quiet & hidden away, ideal for a relaxed stay.

Don't stop...keep on driving!
    • Junior Suite (3 Adults)

An exact copy of the e-mail I sent to Hotel Pinomar and after 7 days no reply. We were traveling in Spain and at the last minute decided to stay in your hotel on December 27, 2017. There were three of us and we stayed in room 117. When we first arrived, we noticed a spider that was alive in the sink. My husband killed it and that should have been the first warning sign to us. Whenever I go to hotels, I usually sleep with pillows under my knees as it supports my bad back. I took a pillow off the sofa to put under my legs. I noticed the sofa was covered with a white sheet or some type of white covering…second sign. The next morning I found that I had been bitten by something on the back of my thigh. I quickly Googled to find out about the possibilities of my bites. All images pointed to the fact that I was bit by bed bugs and to find out they are mostly a nuisance bug and quite harmless. They do cause itching which could lead to infection as well as pain. Initially, the area of the bites was confined a small area and I was OK with that. However, as the rest of my trip continued the number of areas of bites continued to develop to include private parts of my body. I had to stop by a Farmacia to buy some creme to calm down the inflammation and the itch. I had welts. I was unable to put cream in my private part areas which made it extremely uncomfortable. In all my years of European travel, I have never had such an experience. Upon my return to the US, I had to see my Doctor as the bites were not improving, 8 days later. It does take 2 weeks for the bit to go away. Did you know that?? In addition, we had to quarantine all of our clothing outside of our home upon our return and wash them with careful attention as to not bring your bed bugs into our home.

The shower was nice and hot. I should have slept in the shower so as to not get bit by bed bugs!

Nice environment and location but winter is not the best time to stay there.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Heating should work fine at winter time. Warming with air condition unit is not sufficent and is extremly noisy. It is too loud to sleep with heating on. Breakfest is very basic.

Hotel is located in quite place

Quiet and cozy.
    • Junior Suite (4 Adults)

We could use the common areas and it was super quiet.Really relaxing.They also let us celebrate New year's eve in a dining room at no extra cost plus using all the dishes and cuttlery.Of course in exchange we were extra clean and quiet. I loved the quiteness.Close a really good restaurant called: "El Ricon del Patatirri ".Thanks and many blessings to all of the staff.

wouldn't recommend if your not Spanish or don't have a car! Out of the way to visit Cadiz.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A lot of things! The WiFi problem. Stale cereal and cheap coffee! No restaurant. .. it's closed down! Hard beds! Only recommend if you are Spanish and have a car! Also no English speaking channels on the tv! I would have been happy with 1 channel!

Not a lot! Apart from helpful staff when there was a problem with no wifi in my room they kindly changed me to another room. Any floor above 1 has no WiFi!

comfortable room but no WiFi in the room 3rd floor! you need a car.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not that good.stale cereal bad coffee. No WiFi in the room 3rd floor! There is no restaurant open.no English tv channels. A long distance to the port if you don't have a car.

The room was comfortable. Luckily they changed me 2nd night to a room on the first floor with WiFi.

Spacious room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast, although included, was very limited. In a country with a great tradition in coffee making, a percolator for coffee was definitely not the right choice.

Spacious room. Nice swimming pool. Great lounge where I could do some work!

I was in a very quiet area and you could walk through a...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We arrived on a Sunday when a bike race was going on in the area. It took us over an hour to get there since we were not familiar with the city. It is a bit hard to find without a GPS or a good map.

I was in a very quiet area and you could walk through a forested area to the beach. The hotel had a lot of interesting art displayed on all the walls. I was small enough to give a homey feel to it. The 2 pools were a bit cold in October but nice to lounge at.

Loved the location, peaceful place. Wouldn't like to be there when full as shared terrace not privat
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Shared terrace so no privacy. Dated decor in rooms, poor shower. Breakfast was appalling, very little choice, poor quality coffee, jams and bread, not worth paying the extra for.

Only a few minutes walk to the seafront promenade and a good pathway to the harbour area. Quiet location. Was allocated a room without a balcony which I thought I was getting. Staff moved us with no problem.

Booked this hotel to visit Cadiz which was a nice ferry ride from Santa Maria port and very cheap!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Restaurants are a bit far away and they don't start serving until 8 pm but that's Spain! Towels were dirty in room when we arrived but soon rectified when told. Most likely an oversight by the maid!!!

A budget price hotel, we only stayed 2 nights but adequate for what we required. No restaurant and driving round Santa Maria was a bit hectic. Very Spanish working town so be prepared when looking for eating places. The hotel pool and area is excellent. Got the ferry over to Cadiz, nice trip and lovely town.

Wouldn't go back to the Pinomar
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

The Breakfast's were really poor, lukewarm water for tea and lukewarm instant coffee in an urn. Food was mostly bread and jam. Hotel architecture is really odd, bedroom windows facing into corridors. Handrails on stairs not going from top to bottom, broken steps. Kitchen in the suite not adequately supplied, 3 forks no knives. No mugs. Staff had very poor English, book you in and out and take your money was about it. If you want to eat out you have to drive. Parking is free on the street, and no one wants to pay the hotel, so it's really busy and difficult to find a space on nearby roads.

The hotel is situated in a residential area, it is clean and the beds comfortable. I really wanted to like it but couldn't.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Nice comfortable hotel, but for me difficult to find
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Only one fault finding the hotel, it is on a very narrow street in the Port Sherry area and the one way system was hard to follow.

Bed was very comfortable, the décor of the hotel was very nice , paintings in corridors very nice.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

amazing hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Amazing building and interior, great option for a romantic weekend or to escape from urban life. The surroundings are awesome: very close to the beach, lots of nature and it smells like forest after it rains.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Good place to stay in area
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

No warm option on breakfast even if simple Bar not readily available but understand why.

Position to town of El Puerto,Cádiz, Jerez Circuito and 1 hour train ride to Seville. Breakfast ok and adequate but maybe a bit of bacon and eggs. Clean tidy rooms and very attractive lounge area Pool area good for price.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Needs a touch of modernizing, but a great location for the beach.
    • Junior Suite (3 Adults)

There were two things we weren't that happy with. 1. Wifi was quite poor on the second floor. We were told that there is Wifi but it is in the cafeteria area. This is true, but it is not advertised as such. 2. On the first morning there were building works and it was noisy. I'm not sure why the works were scheduled for Easter week but they were. These two reasons led me to talk to reception and in all fairness, they changed our room without any problem. Although our Wifi was better, this doesn't change the fact that Wifi is not hat good.

We found the hotel to be in a good location regarding the beach, but not that close to Puerto Santa Maria centre. However, by car it is about 5-10 minutes. We had a small issue regarding the room but the staff were excellent and resolved everything with minimum fuss. I would like to accentuate the beach. It is a short 5 minute walk through a lovely wooded area, which itself is extremely tranquil, and then you get to a wonderful beach. There are a couple of terrace bars which sell food and drink.

This is the best hotel I have ever been to!!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing, everything was perfect.

Perfect location in a residential area close to the beach. The beds are very comfortable. Hotel staff is super friendly and motivated to fulfill​ individual wishes.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Great staff, nice hotel!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They didn't sell food in the hotel. I was told that food is only served in summer so we had to walk for about 15-20 min to reach a restaurant. The area is super quiet, literally no shops around. I wouldn't recommend going there without a car. however, you can ask at the reception to call for a cab. Taxi fares are extremely cheap!

The hotel was nicely decorated and very clean. Bed was comfy and bathroom was big with everything you need in it, including music in the shower ;) The patio and swimming pool were also very clean and easy to find. Staff were very helpful too. If you like walking, Puerto Sherry was about 30 min away (Such a beautiful spot). La muralla beach was also there!

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

It was an excellent stay indeed.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was an excellent stay indeed. The staff of the hotel is very friendly and competent, always ready to help with advice and information. The beach area is located in close proximity to the hotel. The interior of the hotel is very impressive too. It has everything to make your stay pleasant and comfortable in any time of the year.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Very helpful reception staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Barking dogs, noisy air conditioning, too isolated. Too much religious art and statuary in lobby area.

Very helpful reception staff. The pool was very nice but outside area needs more upkeep.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

nice hotel BRILLANT STAFF

wish i would have stayed more than 1 night

first of all i would like say how excellent the staff where. My 14 year old dauther got lost one of the staff drove me around town to find her which we did he did this without being ask and I cannot thank him enough .The pool area is great clean and tidy .breakfast was good rooms nice size

Easy parking, nice decoration.
    • Junior Suite (3 Adults)

Average breakfast, not much variety.

Easy parking, nice decoration.

nice, quite area.
    • Economy Triple Room

It was a bit far from the center, like 30 min walking.

nice, quite area. Liked the swimming pool. Great architecture and design of the building

It's got what you need and expect from a good hotel

It's got what you need and expect from a good hotel

Expensive for what it is

Expensive for what it is

Good

The beds

The interior

We would not choose this hotel again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel was NOT by the beach, and miles from the town centre

The original pinacotheque.

¡Moy linda!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful and the staff were incredible. Couldn’t fault it on anything! Would go back there in a heartbeat x x

Friendly and helpful staff when I lost my phone. Comfort room.

The hair dryer!

Comfortable beds- near to sea and town

Read small print about room occupancy !

Being charged extra for 2 people for a double room and poor wi fi reception

It was close to the sea and walking distance from Cadiz ferry

Large hotelroom, with little kitchen

Breakfast...

Large hotelroom, with little kitchen

Very nice
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Both showerheads fell off. The main overhead shower fell off EVERY time, hitting us on the head....

Breakfast was excellent and has a lot of options

Pleasant stay in El Puerto

Quirky suburban location

Lovely!

Finding a Parking space was tricky, but we managed on every occasion

Quiet and friendly hotel, all was really nice.

Comfortable stay for a few days
    • Junior Suite (3 Adults)

Quite old fashioned decor and feel

Friendly staff, nice pools, good location

Great Place

Poor WiFi connection

Staff

The hotel was very traditional and beautiful!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel was very traditional and beautiful!!! The bathroom and shower was spectacular.

Good hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Not working window lock. Wifi signal could be better (top floor).

Good location and breakfast. Good place if you have a car.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

El hotel en general

El hotel en general

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Very noisy hotel

Very noisy hotel

The pools!

The pools!

Good breakfast,nice room with kitchen facilities,nice...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good breakfast,nice room with kitchen facilities,nice bulding interior.

Nice Hotel
    • Junior Suite (4 Adults)

Overall, it's good except for the beds

The style, the frames everywhere, the location is good for people with a car.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Literie horrible

Literie horrible

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Notable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No me entere que havia piscina

Vistas

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Flies and ants in the swimming pool

Flies and ants in the swimming pool

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

The location is very good - near pine grove and see beach.
    • Junior Suite (3 Adults)

Rooms are not clean enough.

The location is very good - near pine grove and see beach.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

La piscina

Decoración horrible

La piscina

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

Grumpy staff, food was below par, bed was not comfy,...

Grumpy staff, food was below par, bed was not comfy, building had a lot of visible damage. They did not honor my booking.com price when I got there even when I gave them the confirmation number.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2015

Location, decoration, atmosphere.

Sound isolation is not very good - if somebody speaks outside your door you can't avoid listening to the conversation. Wi-Fi doesn't work on balkonies, only in the rooms.

Location, decoration, atmosphere. The hotel is placed in a very quiet place, the beach is 5-7 minutes walk through the piny wood where you can meet few rabbits. The room was cleaned every day.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

Three nice swimming pools, atmosphere in the hotel, original...

The layout of the three-bed studio is not very practical. There is a small kitchen (fridge comes in very handy) but no table or chairs to have lunch with three.

Three nice swimming pools, atmosphere in the hotel, original decoration. Location close to the beach. Zumba workouts etc... offered for free.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

expensive, we booked for 4 grown-up persons and they packed...

expensive, we booked for 4 grown-up persons and they packed us together in one small room with some camping beds. Old furnitures, bad taste. We wanted to speak to the manager but he was never there.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

The rooms were a very god size & quite clean.

No bad experiences at all.

The rooms were a very god size & quite clean. The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood, beside a pine forest, close to the beach.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

The courtyard decor, the roof garden and the pool.

The decor in the room was dull.

The courtyard decor, the roof garden and the pool.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Decent continental breakfast selection. Not too far away from town centre.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2015

Quiet location.

Noisy guests!

Quiet location.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

Nice, clean and big room and friendly staff.

Low quality wifi internet.

Nice, clean and big room and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2015

The pool and own kitchen area ten minutes walk to marina.

Wasn't close to any amenities have to walk or taxi around to get anywhere.

The pool and own kitchen area ten minutes walk to marina.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2015

The staff

No Wifi in the bedrooms Bedrooms could be a little up-dated

The staff the grounds the pool the hotel ambiance

• Reviewed: 27 June 2015

Staff very helpful, comfortable small hotel.

Staff very helpful, comfortable small hotel. Pool facilities very good.

• Reviewed: 6 June 2015

Very nice decorated hotel and room.

that I could stay longer ;)

Very nice decorated hotel and room. Swimming pool nice.

• Reviewed: 9 May 2015

Pool, location

Bar, breakfast service bit lacking

Pool, location

• Reviewed: 1 March 2015

Quiet, comfortable, not too expensive

30 minte walk into town centre/harbour area

Quiet, comfortable, not too expensive

• Reviewed: 20 February 2015

Excellent hotel with good outdoor facilities

No tea making facilities in the rooms

Excellent hotel with good outdoor facilities

There are also 11 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Pinomar traveller photo gallery