Reviews of Hotel Planas 3 stars

Plaza Bonet, 3, 43840 Salou, Spain

#34 of 45 hotels in Salou

• Double or Twin Room

The noise at night is very bad and very loud. The hotel is near one of the main roads with a lot of traffic at night which is very loud.

Very close to the beach and the main strip. Pool was also lovely.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was excellent. The view was beautiful across the pool to the sea. Very clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was not what I expected but my wife was very pleased with the selection. A great few days spent in the hotel.

Breakfast was poor cold fried eggs and raw cheap bacon. The rooms were very basic and the beds were extremely hard and very uncomfortable.staff not very friendly either.

Swimming pool and location to the beach

The night staff we're disrespectful when my friend visited and insisted on paying the price for an extra room even though he was only visiting temporarily

The daytime staff were eager to help

Limited parking near hotel

The rooms where modern and very compatible. The hotel is near the centre of salou very close to the harbour and House of illusion. With good places to eat. It is quiet around the hotel with the might life about 10 minutes away. Breakfast in the Hotel has a good selection. The Terest café at the hotel which is a separate café does some very nice food with a good .A pleasant quiet Hotel in a good part of town. With the taxi bay just across the road and Tourist train

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was a little disappointing, the omelette cold but it wouldn't put us off returning. Well done Hotel Planas.

The staff that greeted us was fantastic. We had an amazing room - we had requested a sea view and got one to die for ! Amazing balcony ... I didn't have time to try the pool but it looked very appetising ! The bed was uber comfy.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast - Fair selection of foods supplied only problem was the 'hot' food served was cold especially the eggs

Hotel was very well located, very clean with helpful friendly staf. Spacious room with balcony was provided as requested

• Double or Twin Room

Bed wasn't even so frame rocked and mattress squeaked, though wasn't uncomfortable. Bathrooms are small but were clean and functional.

Good range for breakfast, pool was always clean, short walk to the beach. Terrace at the front of the building had a nice view and felt private. Quiet area.

Nothing really.

Staff friendly, really helpful and very professional. Olivia promtly assigned me to my room and phoned different times the bus transfer company without any problem. Thank you Olivia. I am impressed on how clean the hotel was kept clean throughout the day. Also wanted to thank you the restaurant staff members who kept looking after my parents during their stay in the hotel. Thank you guys, your Management must be very proud of how you look after your customers.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was very central but hotel is very dated rooms need to be revamped There was no kettle in rooms and there was a smell in the bathroom and the bath was in a silly place don't no how an older person would be able to get into bath.

• Double or Twin Room

Floors weren't brushed. Bedsheets weren't changed daily, staff weren't overly friendly. Pool doesn't open until 10am so you're restricted with what you can do. Poolside bar isn't for the hotel it's a chef kitchen for a restaurant near the hotel. Breakfast was not nice, not a wide variety, hot food wasn't hot.

The hotel was near everything.

• Double or Twin Room

NOTHING. DIRTY SMELL FROM ROOM SMELLS LIKE SEWAGE. AGGRESSIVE STAFF. HORRIBLE MANAGER. LOOK AT BATHROOM DOOR PHOTO. THIS HOTEL IS ROUGH. ONE STAR RATING. I HAVE STAYED IN NICER HOSTELS. I HATED THIS HOTEL. WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN. 10 Euro's PER DAY TO USE THE SWIMMING POOL. CHEAP AND NASTY BREAKFAST. AVOID

NOTHING

• Double or Twin Room

It is a fantastic place to be in a family environment, the most recommended place to be in Salou and closest hotel ever to the beach, I really recommend this hotel and the most amazing food at the restaurant in the terrace!!...awesome!!

The rooms were more like prisons you see on TV. No light, no view and very basic. It was very expensive with even 50% discount. I really wish I could give a positive review as I normally can flip things around but this hotel I can not. The walls were also paper thin, first night a lads room party until 3am! The staff were told and in all fairness did manage to sort it out. I asked for a room move the next morning, this did happen but to a room with a single bed... not double and no mention on this change... more like it or lump it reaction. Second night it must of been one of the other noise lad room occupants sleeping next door... snoring his head off. Nothing to do with the hotel I know but the walls were so thin it was as if the chap was next to me in bed!

Honestly... nothing. If it was not for the location I would of demanded to be checked out with refund.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff in the reception was quite nice despite they did not respect our request about having a room with double bed and they assigned us one with two beds saying there was not any available, which we understood. But the staff in the restaurant was really unapproachable, not polite at all. Good food anyway and breakfast included, very tasty and a big variety to choose. The room, despite it was huge and with an enormous balcony, was not too cute, very old fashioned decoration. Old bathroom too but comfortable. Quite expensive for the appearance.

I really loved the pool and the location. Also, pretty clean and the room was superbig.

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Beds unconfortable, no pressure in the shower, you forgot to clean our room one day and had to clean it myself and had to get new towels downstairs and drop the garbage too. Poor quality food for breakfast. Overall too expensive for what you offer. Good thing: location.

Location only

• Double or Twin Room

I specifically requested 2 rooms and was booking for 2 adults and 2 14 year olds . Rooms were a bit apart and I requested a change but they wouldn't. Also I requested one room with a double bed which also wasn't provided. I was disappointed with that side of it. They could have swopped rooms etc. We were paying enough.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were friendly and helpful We loved our room, we had a lovely view from our balcony (room at the front). The room was clean and we loved the wee window into the bathroom from the balcony along with the doors to the balcony. I loved the breakfast! It was perfect for me, little bits of cured meats, cheeses, breads and cakes and more healthy things my partner went for and there was always lots of food, always refilled. The room was as the pictures and value for money- breakfast was included I liked the location and it was easy to get to using the bus service that runs from the airport to salou. It was also really easy to get to the theme parks from the hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

Staff very friendly,we had room with sea view and over the swimming pool and outside eating area. Hotel is situated only a short distance from the beach, turn right walk into Cambrils go left and walk along the salou promenade, restaurants, bars and shops to hand. Breakfast included is good something for everyone. Liked the fact it was family run and not a huge hotel. We will definitely return, we ended up extending our stay another night.

• Double or Twin Room

Located at very noisy junction with constant traffic noise at all times which wasn't very pleasant when trying to relax at pool. Twin room basic with very narrow bathroom and single bed was very squeaky. The hot food at breakfast was not very hot but there was access to a microwave.

Location was good with easy access to public transport and beach just a minutes walk away. Very clean pool and surroundings. Selection of breakfast food was good.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff in this hotel are extremely rude. My mam and I went here last week for a week. We requested a balcony and were put in a box room with a small window so could not dry any clothes. When we asked at the reception the lady shrugged her shoulders and said everyone requests one. She took our room number but didnt hear anything. Our first night we had a few cocktails in the bar. They have a very odd system when u order a drink and u pay them they dont give u back your change straight away even though they are beside the till. They will bring out your change separately at some stage. Our first evening we went elsewhere for food and came back to hotel and I ordered 2 cocktails, i paid the momey for these drinks and again had to wait for them to bring out change. The so called "manager" of the bar took another order a tiny while later. I still wasnt after receiving the change for first drink so i said it to him. He came back out with too much change and a bill for 4 drinks. I told him we paid the first 2 already, he went in to the bar and came back and said we didnt, yet he was givin us back change and too much at that which we told him. It was left at that and my mam went in a while later and he refused to serve us. I have never met such an ignorant person and the way this "manager" spoke to me and my mam was absoloutely disgusting, making out as if we were theives. We did not spend one more penny in this hotel for the week we were there. Theres a lot of elderly people in this hotel so they would get away with it a lot more. What other reason do you not give back change when someone pays you. Everyday we asked for an iron and they would shrug their shoulder and say dont have. The staff do not know how to interact with humans. I would advice everyone to stay clear of this hotel as it is an absoloute shambles

Only good thing about this hotel is the cleaners

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Could hear from other rooms a bit too easily.

The location is great good for people with limited mobility.pool nice no shallow parts for very young swimmers.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The room was dirty, the sheets were unclean. The bathroom was a shame the room did not look like the pictures visible on the site.

Close to the beach. But the hotel was so bad we had to change it (of course no refund possible)

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Man on reception was very rude, also the put 2 of us in a single room ans when asked if we could move we then had a room which had 1 small window looking out to a dirty brick wall, room had a awful smell and overall wasn't very nice. Won't be returning.

Location is great

• Double or Twin Room

No hot water in showers Food in buffet was cold Front office not interested when we had problem with facilities

Great location Beautiful area

• Double or Twin Room

The noise at night inside and outside the hotel

Love the location , cheap and cheerful hotel with nice staff but VERY VERY noisy during the night

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel reception and lobby area very clean and spacious. The breakfast was very nice and the pool facilities were really good

Good staff good hotel..

Nothing to complain about at all.

Good location close to marina, beach and the more Spanish end of Salou. Very clean hotel and pleasant staff.

• Double or Twin Room

Close to the main road which was noisy, but got used to it

Lovely swimming pool and outside area. Reception area was smart and modern

No restaurant

Quality of breakfast and comfort of bed

Staff very courteous

The Rom and the bed. Verk poor.

The area

Wasn't enough choice for breakfast , not enough hot food choice , no baked beans

• Double or Twin Room

The location of the hotel is great the staff are very friendly and the rooms are kept nice and clean well worth the money

• Double or Twin Room

In balcony there wasn't any drying rack. Its quite useful thing when you have beach holiday.

Good location, friendly staff and very big room.

Absence de parking

Conviviale, piscine, restaurant

• Double or Twin Room

The Evening Meal. Choices very unsuitable to British taste in my opinion Had to eat out most times, even we had paid for Half Board

• Double or Twin Room

very uncomfortable bed, dated shabby bathroom, terrible breakfast

Nice balcony overlooking the beach

• Double or Twin Room

Could have done with a dressing table in the room. As it seemed very empty

Room was a good size. Very close to the beach and restaurants.

Pool menu

Quiet and relaxedd

Lack of parking

Old. No balcony.

there was absolutely nothing I dislike about this hotel.

The hotel is very central, was also very clean, and the staff were excellent

Bit noisy at night

Fantastic hotel in a fantastic place xx

Near beach. Good personal.

Bathrooms are old fashion

It is near the beach

• Double or Twin Room

I really love everything, all the hotel was so clean and people friendly. The views were amazing.

croissants were delicious

• Double or Twin Room

More fresh fruit and greater variety

Breakfast fair- good selection for children.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

We liked everything, staff were amazing. Can't fault anything 😆

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Lovely hotel, great food apart from the breakfast, that could be better. Staff in the evenings at the bar were fantastic and good fun.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Beds was hard the towels very old

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

- wifi speed is very slow

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

No fridge and only one socket in room

Nice clean, next to beach, good airconditioning

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Perfect location, very central to everything and just a short stroll to the beach.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The staff in restaurent in front were very nice. Man with glasses in dinning room needs to smile. Breakfast poor. Noisy at night.

Near beach. Clean.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Bed uncomfortable

Location, balcony

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Beds are too strong.

Close of port. Clean hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Traffic noise round pool and limited space

Cleanliness, staff helpful and friendly, room spacious with view, fridge included

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The food is not as good quality as I tought, the breakfast is very poor!

The clean of tooms and nice service

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast might be better.

The location is very good.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Close to the beach

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

A bit limited. Seems like needed a makeover and better cleaning and breakfast could be better.

Location and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

The coffee

Air conditioning in the rooms

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

There's nothing negative. I had a simple single room but it was fine and great value.

I got a good rate, so was extremely impressed when I arrived and found what a good place it is. Great seafront location, wish I had time to use the pool which looked so inviting from my balcony.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2015

Very conveniently located, with all the amenities and stone's throw away from beautiful Ponent and Llevant beaches, although the location suffers a little bit from traffic noise from adjacent street. Very friendly and helpful staff. Decent food.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

Excellent location, close to shops ,beach. Staff very friendly Room very clean with air condtioning. Excellent choices for breakfast. I couldn't faulty my stay.

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

Not possible to print a page in the hotel. No wet cleaning in the room and bad linens were not changed during our stay. Cleaning stuff ignored "do not disturb" mark several times.

Very good location and breakfast. Nice to have a bath, not just a shower.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2015

I didn't like bed. It wasn't stable and was uncomfortable. Very noisy, probably walls made of paper.

Nice location close to train station, sea and supermarket.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

Good location.. friendly staff.. perfect for couples.. nice and cleane.. breakfast is included in the price wich is grate.. overal is very good place for that money..

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

Small basic basic bed with plastic mattess cover . Beds need to be away from the door put other side so you don't get woken by people walking past .

Location . Pool

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

- the breakfast was not good. There is no normal black coffee for example. And almost no option for vegetarians. Fruits was not so fresh. - the price was in July very expensive - we could not use the pool, because they were cleaning it until 12 pm. Opening hours for the pool are unrealistic. We would have like to go to the pool early morning or late. The pool opens at 10 am and there is too hot already! - the hotel needs a renovation. - no key cards - WIFI was not working in our room just downstairs.

- very nice view - VERY close to the beach - the hotel was clean - we could sleep well - close to many restaurants and activities.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Very nice place, very clean and 2 min to the beach. The price is really low in comparison with the benefits :)

• Reviewed: 2 September 2015

Reception staff was rude and unhelpful

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

The breakfast wasn't the best I have ever had.

I liked the location and the relaxing pool outside.

There are also 29 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.