Reviews of Hotel Plateros 1 stars

Plaza de Séneca, 4, 14003 Córdoba, Spain

#48 of 63 hotels in Córdoba

We should have stayed longer!

It is a charming hotel in a historic building but most importantly it is somewhat removed from the very busy tourist areas. Plus, it is close to the lovely Séneca Plaza where you can find the local people enjoying great tapas and good drinks.

Wifi wasn’t strong in my room, small shower, I didn’t do much comparision, however seemed a bit expensive.

Good location, quiet, helpful staff, clean, comfortable bed.

Nothing .... it was a very good all round experience on a budget for me.

Great location, very well priced. Clean, excellent water pressure in shower. Nice firm beds.

Not the most comfortable bed, but satisfactory. Would have been nice if the bar and restaurant were open more but early in the season. Wireless didn't reach our room.

Simple accommodation, clean room, the owners were very nice. Good bar. Less than 10 minutes walk to Mezquita.

Just two small things: the noise in the room due to the use of the card for having light and electricity ( I plugged out but couldn't charge my phone) and they there wasn't any shelve in the shower for putting the soap

Location and price

The walls are a bit thin, so you can hear noise from the other rooms. But nothing that really bothers. The hotel is in a very quiet area.

Great location, you are at walking distance to everything. The hotel restaurant serves great tapas. We arrived early and they were kind enough to keep our backpacks in a safe place.

Difficult to park with the car (rather to find a closely parking place). But they inform you in the description of the accommodation on... Believe it! :)

The atmosphere of the old building and neighborhood.

This was a lovely, typically Spanish hotel, based in the old town of Cordoba. We could not believe how reasonably priced it was for a double room (€24.85). What’s not to like at that price! Clean with friendly staff and only a 10 minutes walk to the Mosque Cathedral of Cordoba

friendly staff, lovely quiet room.so clean and right in the middle of the historic centre, when sun shone you could sit in the tiny pretty square outside the hotel and have a drink.

Smell of sulphur/bad eggs in bathroom at night and humming from electricity box in the bedroom.

Exactly what we expected for the price. Perfect location and very pretty view from room.

Close to everywhere we wanted to visit and an easy walk from the bus station. Our room overlooked a little alley near the museum and we could see lemon trees. The beds were so comfortable so had a great night sleep after IKEAs finest in Sevilla! Plenty hot water and a powerful shower. It suited us perfectly. Whilst breakfast was plain it was plentiful and set us up for the day. Great little place that I would recommend, of course it's only 1 star but that means nothing.

One night was noisy . Hard to tell if noise was from street and or hotel kitchen staff .Its a quiet location but maybe some noisy people passing in street ? combined with a bit of noise from kitchen . Generally a civilized hotel. Wifi was weak except down at reception-dining room area .

good location-civilized hotel .

Excellent value. Very comfortable and clean with friendly, helpful staff. I was particularly grateful for the safe storage of my bike overnight. I ate at the hotel in the evening and the food was excellent.

Some things were a little unusual for me. The staff were nice, but not as helpful as most anywhere else I've stayed this trip. (They did call a taxi for me the night before my departure, though, so that was a good thing.) However, they weren't terribly helpful when it came to laundry. They won't do laundry for customers here -- which is fine -- but, they also didn't seem to know (or care) where any laundromats were. (I really needed to do some laundry by the time I got here...) The only other things that seemed a bit (only a bit) unusual were the restaurant - which didn't seem to be open for dinner (or maybe it was, and I was just never there, but I don't think that was the case) - and the fact that the door seems to be locked early in the evening (maybe by 11:00 p.m.?) with no access afterwards. I didn't take my chances to press this theory, but it was the feeling I got based on the door and the fact that you don't get a key to the outside door like you do in most other places. I hate writing long negative comments without a balance of positive, especially when the folks running the place are nice and just trying to make a living, too. These are just my candid feelings, though.

This was an interesting place for me. Like most everywhere I've stayed, I probably have to say I like the location above all. It was a 5-10 minute walk to the Mezquita, which is the main reason people come to Cordoba. Also, it's very quiet at night (almost too quiet).

The atmosphere in the foyer, bar and restaurant as you arrive is one big area and lots of activity going on. It is in the historical area but I a quiet place and walking distance to all the good sites. The food and service in the bar was friendly, fun and inexpensive. I felt very welcome.

From the central bus and train station, you can go there by walking in 15-20mins. it's so close to the worth seeing places such as Mezquita-Cathedral and Jewish town. There is one supermarket in walking distance if you need to. Definitely worth your money !

would be perfect if there is wifi

It's a very lovely hotel. The staffs are very friendly. The single bed room is simple, but clean and comfortable. There's a little restaurant at the ground floor, so I can have breakfast and dinner there. I'm happy with this choice.

The tv is small and very old,it's time the install a flatscreen tv

Very very clean.Super location.Right in the middle of historic Cordoba and that for only 28 euro!!!!!

Room was close to the kitchen and there was a lot of noise from this in the late evening. Otherwise everything was good.

Nice location, very central but away from the tourist crowds. We got a last minut offer with an okay price, otherwise it would probably have been in the expensive end

It was a shame that they don't put the outside furniture that they have stacked up inside out in the area to the front of the hotel as it's a nice little location or open up the bar or restaurant area.

Excellent value for money. Very clean. Very simple so not for travellers looking for anything other than a hotel which is more akin to a guest house. Excellent location. There is underground parking for 10 euros a day but limited spaces so on a first come, first served basis. Our second stay there.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

There is not a desk in each room, contrary to what the website says, nor are the rooms at all sound proof. Not every room is accessible by the elevator so if you can't do stairs, beware. The staff was not friendly when I arrived early to the hotel even though I had advised them that I would be there around 10:30. My room was not ready which was fine but the gentleman was rather rude. They do not have a secure area/room to hold luggage. It is just put in a vestibule off of the main dining room where anyone could take it.

The woman that took showed me to my room was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Bathroom could be a bit more comfortable. The door was actually hitting the sink and could not open fully.

Location was good, you can just walk out and wander around the Jewish Quarter's cobbled narrow streets. The place had a unique charm, my window was overlooking the small plaza at which the hotel was located. The staff were really nice and accommodating and Antonio was of a great help assisting me to get back my wallet, which I accidentally left in the hotel, after checking out and leaving the country.

Nothing, was perfect for one night stay.

Perfect hotel for a one-night stay in Córdoba. Parking garage close by, right in the city center, very friendly staff, small but very clean room, delicious breakfast.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Seemed like the bar/restaurants is a hotspot for tourist trips at lunchtime!

Right in the centre of town however it also feels a mile away from anywhere. Typically Spanish feel with very nice plazas with bars all around for you to explore and find!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

The bed were a little hard for our personal liking, extra pillows were supplied upon asking. We had no plug in the washbasin on arrival but it was soon rectified. Maybe a little more choice for breakfast would be nice, it was tea, coffee, orange juice and toast with an assortment of jam and pate. We asked for tomatoes to go on the toast one morning and they were happy to bring us them. No comfortable chairs in the bar area which would have been nice to relax in.

Location was good for the patios displays. Good for getting to all sites of interest too So overall it was very good. The hotel is what we were expecting and was very small Andalusian just how we like them. The staff although didn't speak very much English were very helpful.

Hotel Plateros is a tiny, lovely hotel right in the centre of the old town of Córdoba. Despite having a tavern below, the noise from outside is not bothering when the windows are closed. The room wasn't too big, but just right for a short sightseeing stay in Córdoba. The Tavern serves nice tapas and the Jewish Quarter and many other main sights are just a five-minute walk away.

Very difficult to find, bed and curtains very old and worn...needs replacing. Weird smell requiring airing out. Window looks directly on to public street. No wifi in room.

Shower and huge sink.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

They delay my chick in to 3 pm I have to wait till they clean the room I booked one double size bed but they give me a room with two beds attached together but still there is a gap I didnot feel comfortable while sleeping with my wife

They clean the room everyday

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The wifi connection wasn't strong in my room, and my showers could have been warmer. But I didn't say anything to the hotel, so that situation probably could have been fixed.

It was good for what I was there for: two nights by myself. The staff were nice. The location and price were good. The area was quiet, and it was easy to walk everywhere.

I marked "?" On Wifi and coffee because I didn't use wifi and haven't tried their coffee as well. The location is not that hard to find though.

Excellent service! Friendly atmosphere. Accommodating staff. The place is Close to everything. cheap yet comfortable. The heating system works well (you can adjust to your desired temperature). The shower heater works well. Clean room and bathroom. I think they clean the rooms every day. To the staff who make my bed Saturday morning. Thank you so much! Such a shame ☺️. Im not used to have somebody making my bed and tidying up my things. Even if I know somebody will do it. It's not my thing. It was such a mess because I woke up late and I need to catch the free entrance in La Mezquita 😊. Im sorry.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Wifi Modern day technology enable good WiFi signal with the minimal hardware but in this hotel was the signal minimal.

Close to all the interesting places

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

The wifi did not always work in the room, and when it did, it was awful slow anyway. Not a big deal and otherwise we were completely satisfied with our stay.

Nice atmosphere, clean room/bathroom, convenient bed.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Central, comfortable and clean. Restaurant on the ground floor. Our room was on a corner and was light and spacious. The area is peaceful, apart from people eating and drinking on the patio!

Front door is locked at 2am Wi-Fi does not work in room Room is very small with no chair These were minor problems though, & I would stay here again. It is a clean, friendly budget hotel in a good location.

Good location, about 5 mins walk from Mezquita, & plenty of restaurants. A nice building in a quiet square Friendly staff Aircon worked very well

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Breakfast was practically non existent but charged for - toasted white roll is not good breakfast! I had to buy my own cereal! My email account was hacked the evening I arrived! The TV was old and didn't work well Way too expensive for what you got. Quite disappointing! :

The location and staff.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Difficult to find even with Satnav due to one-way street system (compounded by road works)

Pretty, quiet location. Small family owned hotel convenient for walking to major sights in old-town.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

- the hotel is not that good as it looked at the pics and the room didn't smell good - the german girl at the reception desk was not able to communicate in spanish or English - I also got from her the key to somebody's room - the room was at the end of the hotel and the elevator was broke so I had to carry my really heavy suitecase on my own - I heard all the other ppl in the building when I was in my room - ppl from the next room, ppl from the room above who was talking until 4:30 am - I was not able to sleep :( When I told that to the owner - he didn't even care - the breakfast was a joke - sth to drink, toast bread and jam after which I was still hungry

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Difficult to drive through such narrow streets. Impossible to park, unless you book parking place which cost 15 euros.

It was the second time we stayed there. Very clean, quite spacious room. 5 min walk to the Catedral.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

Too much bleach is used for towels. Wifi was unaccessable in our room.

The staff in the restaurant was very helpful and cheerful. The location, the size of the room and the furniture is great. It's very silent and calm, 6 hours of sleep was enough for me to rest. The price was affordable for us as well.

Very pleasant family owned hotel. Located in the old quarter 4 minutes walk from the Mezquita. Unpretentious good value hotel with friendly staff

We had a great time. The hotel is wonderful!!!! Very Clean Great staff And a pretty bedroom!!! Super recomendable!!!

The bed was very uncomfortable. They only gave us one big pillow to share. The room was clean but very old and outdated.

The staff was friendly

Unfortunately for both Wi-Fi and my own phone no signal it all!

Wi-Fi only in the lobby, not in rooms.

Clean room, nice staff, great location, good bed.

Hyvä sijainti. Siisti huone. Huokea. Good location in oldtown, near railwayst. Room clean and warm, low price

It was noisy. Near to kitchen and adjacent/ at same level as a noisy cut through road!

Great location , clean & v good value

Friendly people, nice and comfortable room

Lack of parking nearby

Ideal location for exploring Cordoba City

There is no WiFi in the room.

Everything is fine.

I loved everything

Such a beautiful environment. Staff Was pleasant and kind.

No wifi in the room

Found the mattress very comfortable, which is really important to me. It was cushioned, instead of the usual hard and uncomfortable hotel bed.

Poor breakfast and the cleaning of the room

Fabulous all round great value for money lovely staff

Wifi is too weak in my room.

The wifi is sooo bad.

Clean room, spatious, well-lit. Fantastic location.

Room had a beautiful view over the plaza. The hotel itself had a nice feel and was very clean and it was in an ideal location.

The ubication, is really close to Mezquita

Nobody answered the phone when we tried to contact them (we had to call Booking.com)

Great location, size of the room, cleanliness.

No elevator. We had to carry our big luggage to the 2nd floor.

Nice location. Walking distance to most attractions in Cordoba. Value for money.

We didn't find the hotel very welcoming Breakfast very basic

Excellent location close to all the sights in a quiet area.

No one spoke English much so was difficult to communicate

It was close to the attractions and the room was spacious. The bathroom was clean and big too. A lovely place to stay.

Great location, staff, room, everything. I enjoyed my stay very much. Antonio was extremely helpful

Good value for money. Did the job nicely for central Cordoba.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Hotel staff was very nice and helpful. We enjoyed our stay

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

impossible to connect to WiFi in our room on the first floor

good location the room was small but cozy and clean

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Squeaky uncomfortable bed

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Uncomfortable creaky bed

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

BF only at 9 am, parkin only on street

Very friendly, helpful staff, 1 in german, near Juderia, 20 min.to Mezquita, 25 to Alcazar, very nice

Very comfortable room with a high standard.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

No Wi-Fi

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Discreet and very friendly staff, pretty good location

Browse Hotel Plateros traveller photo gallery