Reviews of Apartamentos Formentera 1 2 stars

#11 of 27 Holiday rentals in San Antonio

Based on 697 apartment reviews

Exceeded our expectations
    • Studio

Only negative was the fridge was a bit noisy!

We were able to check in earlier as our apartment was ready. Also having storage to leave of bags after we’d checked out with the option of having a shower before we got our flight!

We were very pleasantly surprised by this hotel.
    • Studio

We were very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The staff were all very welcoming and helpful, our room was big, comfortable and very clean (with excellent air con). The pool was very clean and well maintained and there were more than enough sun beds for everyone using the pool. It was good value for money considering it’s location near the beach and bars etc. All in all we had a very good stay and would book again!

anything, I was very sad because it was my first time in...
    • Studio

Bedrooms, staff service, the last day did not clean the room. I do not recommend!!!!!!!😡

anything, I was very sad because it was my first time in Ibiza.

Dreadful.
    • Studio

Staff were rude. Paid for a 3 bed and got 2 instead with a small sofa as the 3rd, we then decided to get a 2 bed the next night and the room was no different.

The size of the room was great and facilities.
    • Studio

The beds were not the comfiest as they were a bit hard. Also, the security man at night was very rude and ignorant some times. He even barged into my room one night telling my friend to get out which i thought was unacceptable to come into a girls room!! I work in a hotel at home and i would not stay again because of this matter.

The size of the room was great and facilities. The cleaners were very helpful and good to deal with.

Not a good experience
    • Studio

Lots of confusion between booking staff and hotel staff— I don’t think the hotel staff was helping as much as they could. Some members were very friendly, but all seemed very clueless and no one would put me in contact with people who could help. Check in took an extremely long time. Cigarettes were found under the bed. Even though I booked in Formentera 1, they put us up in Formentera 2 the first night with no electricity nor WiFi. Booking ended up giving us a partial refund, but I would not suggest booking here ever again.

GREAT location & value for money.
    • Studio

Slightly noisy cleaners when cleaning the floors above but nothing drastically wrong with this hotel.

GREAT location & value for money. Will 100% be returning.

Good spot, luggage room to leave bags for later flight...
    • Studio

We arrived a couple of hours early and were told check in was not possible until 2pm. The receptionists just carried on looking at their computer and ignored us. We had to ask where we could leave our luggage and for help with the local area until we could check in. So although it got what we needed it wasn't offered and it was alot more frosty than I am used to.

Good spot, luggage room to leave bags for later flight times/early arrivals.

Room was clean and spacious
    • Studio

When we arrived it was early morning. The man on reception was agnorant and rude. Kept threatening us saying he wouldn’t let us have our room. We had a few drinks on the plane but were in now way drunk and he made us feel like we had killed his cat

Room was clean and spacious

• Studio

BE CAREFUL when booking here from booking.com. Even if you book for Formentara 1 they will put you into Formentara 2. Huge differences. 2 had paper thin walls and ever door that opens on ANY floor can be heard. We asked the front desk to move us into Formentara 1 as we booked but were told that they were booked up each day we asked. Eventually we just gave up and took sleeping aids to pass out and would miss some parts of the morning due to this. Our balcony faced a building. Noise from outside is very audible from the 2nd or 3rd floors. The staff was polite but it did not feel like they cared about us. The maids were very nice and understanding and tried to be quiet with the "do not disturb" sign on. Having stayed here for 10 days and spending close to $1000 and having just stayed at another Playasol Group hotel ( see review on Jabeque) we were deeply disappointed and as such cannot recommend this hotel nor will we ever stay here again. Alas you get what you pay for. If you are checking in and are told that only a Formentara 2 room is available and have not paid then simply find another place to stay as it is not worth the price. We found out the difference when we chilled with a nice couple from Italia and went into Formentara 1 for drink with them. Sea views and better walls and nicer apts. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME AT ALL!

Reasonable accommodation but faulty tower type staff and attitude.
    • Studio

I asked for late check out (12 rather than 11) but at 11 I was greeted with very intimidating banging on the door and the water was turned off at 1105am so I could not shower or brush teeth. They claimed it affected the whole street but my friends also stayed and were fine so this was obviously a brutal tactic to get you out as soon as possible. Also on arrival they claimed their credit card machine didn’t work. I therefore had to find a cash machine to pay. Had I not had cash I would not have been able to stay despite my booking through this website. I believe they were just trying to save on handling charges. They were very unsympathetic.

Fantastic property in a fabulous location. Would stay here again!
    • Studio

If you have a balcony the view isn't great but we didn't spend much time in the apartment and, when we did, we chatted to our neighbour's in the adjacent apartments! A great way to make friends! Facilities not in room: hairdryer, clothes airer or pegs, iron/board or toaster/grill, washing up liquid

Fantastic property in the perfect location. Only a 2 minute walk from the nearest beach, 10 mins from Cafe Mambo, 20 mins from the bus station, the harbour and the mad West End! A bus ride to the old town for €3 and a boat ride to Cala Conta beach for €9. The apartment was cleaned every day, clean towels daily, and the staff were all absolutely lovely. We didn't find it too noisy, but then again, we sensibly wore earplugs. Facilities in room: microwave, hob, hob kettle, pots and pans, drying up cloth, washing up cloth and scourer.

formentera 1 - home of the sunset
    • Studio

only one thing, the beds, tgey arw rock solid but most places are. i would have liked the opportunity to hirexa toaster and kettle. thst woukd be great if they offered that. they did offer iron, ironing board and hairdryers ans tgey were free which is a tiptop service. better than most places.

location great for us. also close to three different gyms if anyone is interested... each one being excellent. everything was fab but i agree with others it does depend on the room you get. we aaked to move rooms and they were fantastic and accommodated iur request very quickly and the second room was fantastic. anything we asked for was done.. Brilliant

We had a wonderful stay in this hotel, very clean, comfortable rooms and friendly staff.
    • Special Offer - Studio

Too much noise coming from other rooms, groups of people partying in their room all night. Pillows extremely thin,toaster and kettle on studio apartment would make a big difference for long stays but there wasn't any.

Staff very friendly and accomodating, cleaning and replacement of towels everyday, matress on bed really comfy.

I would not book again!!!!!
    • Studio

We came to Ibiza for our good friends wedding and our experience was dampened by our stay here. From the moment we entered it was the worst service we have ever received from a hotel. In particular two people who really shouldn't work in the service sector were Sarah and George. We entered our room very late and all we wanted to do was go to bed, as we got in we noticed there were some blood marks on the sheets and pillow. We informed the desk promptly and were told all cleaners had gone so had to wait till tomorrow for the cleaners to come. We had to leave fairly promptly for the wedding and reminded reception of our bedroom situation. To say that I was livid when we returned to find the bedroom still dirty and few things moved around to look as if it had been cleaned and to still see our beds made with the blood sheets was an understatement. I have never wanted to leave a hotel so quickly and it really ruined our experience on what is a lovely island. Sarah is very rude, unhelpful and should not be working there. She reluctantly gave the hairdryer to my husband on one occasion and demanded 20euros as a deposit. The polices of this hotel need to be reviewed if you want people to come back. Bedroom was dark, lifeless and resembled a prison. Also pool looked very dirty. THINK BEFORE YOU BOOK HERE!!!

Nothing except good location

Very good
    • Studio

Again if you get a small room it can get crowded with your Belon gings.you must book the hotel 1 and not 2

Some rooms are very large and comfortable some are small.so it depends on what you get.but it is clean and staff were very nice and you are closed to the best bars by the sea side with excellent music

Host was very kind and nice.
    • Studio

I should took a airplane in the morning. But there was no ferry at that time from fomentera to airport. I should took a taxi it was around €130.

Host was very kind and nice.

3.0
    We spent two nights at Apartments Formentera 1.
    • Studio

We spent two nights at Apartments Formentera 1. I cannot believe how reviews of this hotel can be so good. The room smelled of cigarettes and it looked really run down. The bathroom was not very clean and it was smelly. Fridge was damaged and we missed our breakfast since all food went bad. I was disgusted to use the shower because of the dirty curtain. On top of that, you could not rest because of young noisy guys shouting at the corridor, who basically spent hours there.And you get all this experience for 160 Euros per night! Do not reccommend

the position is good for nice beaches (cala del moro in...
    • Studio

our room was very dark, on the ground floor overlooking the palace itself. Upon our arrival, the host did not give us ANY piece of information. The door was very old and we could hear the noise from everyone who crossing the corridor. I would not go back there.

the position is good for nice beaches (cala del moro in front, cala gracio and gracioneta). Good thing is that they were cleaning the room on a daily basis

Lovely staff and perfect location
    • Studio

We have stayed here before but have always been lucky to have stayed in a room at the front /side of the building . Unfortunately this time we were at the back of the building which is very close to the hotel next door. The noise was horrendous .. actually had to check there was glass in the windows as it felt like the guys in the room opposite were inside our room . Think they need to replace the windows in this side of the building as it is really noisy.

Lovely staff and perfect location

Loved the location could see the beach from our room and it...
    • Studio (3 Adults)

Loved the location could see the beach from our room and it was a minute away. Good restaurants in the area and bars and nightclubs were walking distance 15-20 min walk.

Clean and fine for short stay
    • Studio

We did request a sea view room and was disappointed as the windows faced the inside of the building & other apartments making the the room dark! Also the aircon was not very efficient!

How spacious & clean the apartment was.

Excellent location nr beach very friendly staff
    • Studio

It would have been useful to provide or have access to small kitchen kit such as washing up liquid, dishcloth & t towel as not easy to take as hand luggage. Alley way at the back facing the apartment was full of litter and very dirty - needed a good sweep.

On the quieter side of San Antonio, but easy to walk into the centre. Good beach at the bottom of the road less than 200 metres.

• Studio

Room was fine, good value for money. Brilliant location shop directly outside hotel and lots of lovely place to eat on the sea front with great views of the sunset. Problem with air con on first night this was resolved immediately with great customer service

Not worth the money
    • Studio

Rude and uncooperative receptionist. Also insulted me one night I returned to the hotel by telling my friend that he cannot bring a girl into his room. The receptionist did not even ask if I'm staying at the hotel, while in reality, I had my own room! Considering that Ibiza is a tourist location, the hotel had no adapter so I was unable to charge my phone that has a US charging pin. The hotel is 30 min drive from all clubs and from Ibiza itself. It does have Cafe Del Mar and a few pretty cafes close by to walk, so that was the only plus to this hotel location.

They booked cabs when we needed them.

Decent value but probably worth spending a few extra quid for a bigger place with better facilities
    • Studio

The room was small sitting area tiny kitchen not very accessible pillar in the way, Wi-Fi times out after 5/6 mins really annoying, got two single beds instead of a double which we asked for .

The view was the best thing about this apartment, also is a quiet enough area though close enough to walk to town centre and the air con was excellent

Pleasantly surprised
    • Studio

If there were things I would change, the kitchenette could be better equiped and the pool area could be better designed (comfortable)

The apartment was much better than I expected, cleaned everyday and spacious, the location is superb, also the aircon was perfect

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Sant Antoni with a great view
    • Studio

The internet speed is good but it is really boring to log in everytime you turn on your phone screen.. it could be automatic.

Perfect for me, my girlfriend and I had great 4 days at the hotel, close to the beach, markets, night clubs and bars. 20 min to ibiza by car.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Good location to San Antonio.
    • Studio

One receptionist was extremely rude and very unhelpful. She actually ignored me and my friend waiting to ask her to phone us a taxi while she stood speaking to two young men who weren't even staying in the apartments. I assume they were her friends. Very unprofessional. We left after being ignored for over 10 mins and asked the hotel across the road to phone us a taxi. They were more than helpful.

Good location to San Antonio. Rooms clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Great hotel and value for money. Would recommend
    • Studio

The beds could've been a little more comfy. The windows also let in a lot of noise.

Staff were very helpful and the room was very clean with a nice balcony view. Prime location and great value for money. I will definitely stay again. The shower was also very good. They even let us check out at 4pm rather than 11am for a €15 euro charge.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Kind staff, nice and refurbished rooms, good quality/price ratio
    • Studio

We missed some more kitchen utensils, however there is a microwave and the basic utensils.

Extremely kind, polite, friendly and helpful staff (especially the night receptionist, many thanks for the very warm reception at our arrival). Located in the more calm and quiet part of San Antonio, so we had a nice and calm night sleep. Close to the sunset strip. Recently refurbished rooms, clean and bright premises. Very good quality/price ratio. This was our second time here and would love to come back soon :)

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

We have stayed at this place three or four years ago for...
    • Studio

Soundproofing is poor: we could hear everything in nearby rooms .

We have stayed at this place three or four years ago for the first time and it has changed a lot and we like this place: clean and simple, free WiFi, comfortable and well equipped rooms and location is great. Staff is extremely helpful, especially guy at check-in. We definitely will stay there in the future.

If you want a luxury holiday you should not book this...
    • Studio

If you want a luxury holiday you should not book this apartment but to enjoy the beautiful island, its beaches, nightlife and food it's definitely worth it! It was more or less every night (except the weekend nights, but it was not too bad) super quiet because the big party street of Sant Antonio is in the center and not right around the corner (but it's still only 10 minutes walking away!) The beach is just 1 minute away and from some of the rooms you have an amazing few to the sea and the incredible sunset at this west coast! The guys at the reception are really nice, friendly and helpful - no matter what you need! You don't get the newest and best working furniture (we couldn't close our window entirely without not being able to open it again afterwards because it got tilted) and you don't feel like eating from the floor because it's not as clean as it could be in the best case. But for this price and if you don't expect luxury these apartments are almost unbeatable! I would immediately go there again!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

This hotel has everything you need for your stay at Ibiza Island.
    • Studio

The cleaning lady could have washed the dishes as there was no cleaning agent. The room we had unfortunately was just next to really loud couple so some mornings we were waking up really early.

New bed t mattress, and brand new elevator are most welcome. Personal was very welcoming and helpful. Overall this hotel offers everything you need for your stay at Ibiza Island. It is on the beach, shops and restaurants are close. There is a direct road around San Antoni in case you want to go to parties or other cities so no traffic jams. Walk to centre/harbour of San Antoni takes 10 minutes slow walk and you pass all of the small shops, pubs and restaurants on the way.

Il check-in e check-out

Il check-in e check-out

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Won’t be staying here again
    • Studio (3 Adults)

The beds and the air con wasn’t working

The pool

Suitable for a short break. Some rooms have a balcony but the majority don't. Quiet area.

No balcony

Comfortable beds, well maintained rooms, clean...

Safe
    • Studio

Sometimes there was sand on the floor

Safe

Location close to the beach and a quite end of San Antonio.

Nothing too conpain about

Location close to the beach and a quite end of San Antonio. More chilled & good vibe at the beach and restaurants around

Clean room every day, close to shops and bars
    • Studio

The room was in the middle of hotel, very noisy cant sleep. Must sleep with headphones plug

Clean room every day, close to shops and bars

• Studio (3 Adults)

Being told to be quiet at 11pm when was advertised as a loud...
    • Studio (3 Adults)

Being told to be quiet at 11pm when was advertised as a loud and party hotel - night receptionist was very miserable

Fantastic!!
    • Studio

Great value for money! Great location! Lovely staff!

• Studio (3 Adults)

We had no balcony was like a dungeon Felt like fritzels daughter

Ideal low cost crash pad to enjoy Ibiza

Ideal low cost crash pad to enjoy Ibiza

Worthy for the money paid.
    • Studio

All the recepcionists where new so the check was very very slow.

Worthy for the money paid.

Very clean and attentive cleaners

Very clean and attentive cleaners

Great staff we man on front desk was a gentleman

Can't fault it

Well maintained

Good stay but too expensive for the service received
    • Studio

Bathroom without window and with not working ventilation

Position

The hotel was nice but nothing over the top. For the price I would have expected a little bit more.
    • Studio (3 Adults)

The hotel wasn’t as clean and updated as I would have liked but it did the job.

The room was okay and as expected

good position, close to the sea.
    • Studio

no balcony. pool was by the street room quite small

good position, close to the sea.. easy to get everywhere by car.. cheap respect to others

Fab location

Towels need renewing

clean, spacious, working Wi-Fi, location.
    • Studio

clean, spacious, working Wi-Fi, location.

Cheap and clean
    • Special Offer - Studio

No additional facilities or support..no coffee/tea/bar/service

Cheap and clean

great stay. nothing bad to say
    • Studio

reception was a little tough on bringing extra guests

room was way nicer than what i thought it would be.

The walls are thin so you can hear a lot!
    • Special Offer - Studio

The walls are thin so you can hear a lot!! But doesn't matter if your out all the time xx

Thank you!
    • Studio

The staff was super courteous and I really appreciated that they changed the towels and bed linen every day!

6.0
    Fair room. Good location. Bad service.
    • Studio

Willingness to tent to the guests needs and wishes.

Location and room size.

Clean, brilliant location for sunset strip and friendly staff
    • Studio (3 Adults)

Beds a bit uncomfortable, no balcony

Clean, brilliant location for sunset strip and friendly staff

Location and balcony
    • Studio

Doors had to be slammed to close and it was loud

Location and balcony

Good

Shower

I still haven't seen any of my +€600 deposit and...
    • Studio (3 Adults)

I still haven't seen any of my +€600 deposit and apartment was left tidy. Having to pay all over again once on arrival was very frustrating.

Staff are always so nice
    • Studio

Staff are always so nice Reasnobly quiet spot for Ibiza. Great location for sunset strip/walk to San antionio.

Hidden Gem
    • Studio (3 Adults)

Only 1 lilo in the pool at a time. Its adults only so think a few could be allowed

Good location. Nice and clean. VFM

Great customer service

Change lighting

Great customer service, nice rooms

Not happy simple

Very bad
    • Studio

Wifi took three days to work, hotel was extreamly noisey, would not recommend this hotel !

Old and noisy

Good customer service on arrival
    • Studio

Good customer service on arrival Cloce to beach

Nice place
    • Studio

Pool staff were very ignorant and unhelpful. Hotel never any any facilities for hot food

Location is perfect

Friendly staff good location value for money

Big room

Pool attendant very rude and very unaccommodating.
    • Studio

Pool attendant very rude and very unaccommodating. Night man very rude and had be to questioned every night when heading back to the room

Nice apartment, nice location.
    • Studio

not really an apartment regarding cooking possibilities. No real cooking utensils.

location, walking distance to Buddha, Cafe del Mar, centre

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Amazing❤❤❤
    • Studio

The Location ist perfect! Near at the small beach, and walking distance to sunset blvd, cafe del mar and cafe mambo. Amazing Place to stay😍

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016