Reviews of UR Portofino 4 stars

Trafalgar 24, 07007 Palma de Mallorca, Spain

#51 of 73 hotels in Palma de Mallorca

On the Sunday the hotel hosted some sort of lunch for a family with lots of children in the pool, screaming and jumping in the pool splashing the guests. It was a great place to relax apart from on the Sunday

Close to the beach, not too far out of the centre of palma. Clean, lovely pool, air con was great, staff helpful

• Twin Room with Sea View

Nothing - would love to return!

Fantastic location in a quiet seaside spot still just a short bus ride away from Palma itself. Breakfast was great, much improved since our previous stay by a decent toaster - and beans! Lovely swimming pool for a refreshing post-breakfast splash and poolside relaxation. Cycle hire place in the basement was a brilliant plus.

Being so near to the airport, it only took a few minutes in a car, it was somewhat noisy, but that was acceptable in our situation, but I would not choose the hotel for a stay if more than a couple of days.

We booked this hotel as we has an early flight the following morning. It was exactly as the photos showed. Our room was pretty small but acceptable for a one night stay, and had an excellent selection of toiletries. Our granddaughter loved the pool, even though there was an excellent beach within yards. On arrival we received a voucher for a complimentary welcome drink. We wanted to go into Palma for the afternoon and the staff were very helpful with advice and directions about buses, but they were all arriving full up at the local bus stop. Eventually we took a taxi which only cost 10euros40 for the four of us. We didn’t use the restaurant but chose a nearby restaurant El Bungalow, just a short walk away and right on the beach, not cheap but definitely the best meal of the whole holiday. We had intended to go to the aquarium, we have been before and it is superb, but didn’t have enough time, but it is fairly near to the hotel.

• Twin Room with Sea View

Some of the rooms are quite small, so booking with the other directly is essential

We stay in this hotel every year for a night or two before we travel around and we absolutey love the location, extremely helpful staff, and the lovely nearby beach For such a small hotel there are 3 lovely areas to take breakfast /lunch, we never had dinner . We love to cycle and there is a beautiful promenade with a cycle path which runs the whole way into PALMA . Our flight home wasn’t till late at night and we were given a courtesy room whic was so nice , we appreciate it isn’t always available so that was a bonus for us. We will be back next year ,

The soap was so creamy, that I had to spend couple minutes under water washing it off. Same with hand soap. That wastes a lot of water. The pool could have some music, as it was very quiet and boring there, that's why we were bringing my portable speaker or going to the beach.

The staff was very friendly, hotel quite clean.

Going home. ☹️

Excellent sangria at the poolside bar and the balinese bed by the pool was delightful. The baristas were very hospitable. The family room we booked was spacious and had a large terrace overlooking the pool.

Would have been nice to have shampoo and body lotion replenished instead of just one small bottle of each on arrival.

Lovely hotel, friendly staff and is very clean. Towels changed daily. This was our second visit to the UR Portofino and will definitely return. The location is great for walking into palma city and bus travel is cheap and handy.

Poor quality bedroom and bathroom and facing a building site. Awful breakfast. Shambles of a checkin, given wrong rooms.

The colour it was painted. Nothing more.

Smell of cat poo when using sun loungers. hotel looked tired and in need of TLC Bedroom was tiny - smallest i've ever been in Bathroom tiny - sat on toilet and knees nearly hit wall in front

Comfy bed nice pool Two members of reception very helpful food reasonably priced

The carpet in our room was very worn, and being close to the city the prices were too high for what you were getting

the reception and bar area are a lovely fresh design. The staff are very welcoming, and the area is perfect half way in between Palma and the airport, with lovely walks in either direction.

Hotel is a bit too close to the airport and you can hear the planes take off in the morning. Not too bad and did not spoil our enjoyment of the hotel

Staff were really nice and helpful and the hotel is only a few steps away from the beach

The room was very small .our room looked on to the top of some restaurant and it smelled fishy .balcony had a terrible out look .no room to move about the room (shoe box).we didn’t get any more shower products after the first day and had to buy our own .This is supposed to be a 4 star ,I don’t think so .It was so noisy you could hear people talking ,going to the toilet ,banging of doors constantly I had to buy ear plugs .

Location was good .shower was good but to small for a bath .

Room was quite small

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Free cocktail when we arrived! Great pool! Beach is only a block away. Very convenient for the airport. About a 10-15 EUR taxi ride away.

As the (standard-)rooms are very small, some more hangers at the walls would be more comfortable, or some other ideas

Very good beds, nice balcony, quiet, very good region around the hotel

• Twin Room with Sea View

Just keep an eye on the shower floor which was very slippy. We ended up using a small towel to stand on because it helped to keep us from slipping - which was then fine

Staff were all very attentive and helpful. Great location for Cuidad Jardi beach and the fantastic promenade to walk to Portixol or Palma. Terrace by the pool is great. Welcoming glass of cava was a nice touch. Great options for food along the promenade walk and a taxi into Palma is only around 7-8 euros.

• Twin Room with Sea View

Queuing for tea/coffee at breakfast, a second coffee/tea maker in the breakfast room would speed things up in the morning.

Location was fantastic. Breakfast really good. Bed so comfy.

The toilet was broken. The room was small. There were marks on the wall and the wooden drawer in the bathroom was breaking down from the dampness. Staff weren't friendly, no manners, would have appreciated it in Spanish. Was not told when or where breakfast was.

It's location to the beach. Variety of food at breakfast.

Loved everything

Ismael on reception was really helpful. We could not get any English speaking television and he tried everything to resolve the situation including offering us another room but in the end we just stayed put as no big deal! Also it was my birthday and he brought me a very welcome bottle of wine!

Rooms a little larger,would have liked to have breakfast but too expensive for what was on offer.Wonderful

Reception staff(day/night) very helpful. Peaceful location and spotlessly clean.

I travel a lot to Mallorca for my clinical work and I usually stay in the hotel when I spend a night or more during the week. My last stay was surprisingly unpleasant. When I arrived it was raining heavily and I was given a room out of the main building near the pool and I had to cross a big distance under the rain. When I asked for umbrella the staff laughed at me!!! I was shocked! Then I arrived and the key didn't work! I passed it 15 times to open the door and when I asked the reception to change it, I was told to pass it again and that there is nothing wrong in it!! So the lock had a problem and they didn't even offer or accept changing the room. The staff was very mean to me! I have never had such a treatment! and I was given a really bad room where you can see only sewer pipes if you open the window, knowing that this time I paid 30 euros more than what I paid previously in this same hotel! This is not a cheap hotel! I even made a video of the not working lock! This is the worst comment I have ever written on booking! There should be an angry face next to the rating of staff not only a sad one .

this is not the first time I Stay in here. Mainly the location is really good for me.

• Twin Room with Sea View

This is not the first time I stay in this hotel. I like it for it's location.

Very enjoyable stay at UR Portofino Mallorca. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rented bikes from the hotel. Very reasonably priced and a 15/20 min cycle into the centre of Palma. It was a special 60th birthday and we were presented with a bottle of Cava as a congratulations from management. Would recommend +++

Rooms were small but adequate, beds 2 singles together we're OK. The hotel was noisy at times as it's located in a side street near bars and restaurants. Also on the flight path. On the whole it was good to be near the beach but close to Palma. €10 for a taxi and €15 to get to the airport.

Location was good, in that it took one minute to walk to the quiet beach (October) and so easy to hire bikes from the hotel and cycle into the centre of Palma 10/15 mins. Clean hotel, really helpful staff, cool decor, very laid back atmosphere.

• Twin Room with Sea View

The bedrooms were akin to student accomodation at low rate uni. Very drab colours very small Outdated and bleak All fittments were old and tired Soundproofing was non existent I could hear the shower door sliding from the next room Noise from corridor at night , doors banging etc etc Two people could not pass each other, had to step into bathroom or narrow balcony to let the other person pass by No kettle provided Outdated lighting Very very very basic Total contrast to the very nice ground floor reception areas Balcony very narrow and glass partition leaving no privacy between balconies, all basically sat in a line along the balconies

The ground floor reception / bar area very nice and modern. very clean and welcoming Really stylish and cool

The place is nice - it matches the price and number of stars, so there is not so much to complain about, you basically get what you pay for

The place is walking distance to public beach and some pretty nice restaurants as well as to the Palma city centre (30-40 minutes walk, 15 minutes by bike). We knew the location so our expectations were met but I would not recomend this place for stay with kids, it is more a short time stay place, the rooms are pretty noisy from the airport as well as the sounds from the upstairs room are bit disturbing, very small bathrooms.

• Twin Room with Sea View

Bathroom quite small. No plug in wash basin so water has to keep flowing.

Good location, with beach within 3 minutes. Bus service in the area cheap and frequent. Hotel very clean and has most facilities one would want. Air conditioning in rooms.

Very small rooms. Just one electrical socket in the entire room, which turns off when you leave the room. Any extras, like sunbed at the pool or breakfast cost extra.

The room was slightly on the small side but nevertheless comfy and fit for purpose.

Excellent location a short (15 euro) taxi ride from the airport in a tranquil little area a stone's throw from the beach and a 20-minute bus trip away from Palma. Fantastic swimming pool. Balcony with a (bit of a) sea view. Nice eggs and toast for breakfast. And can recommend the pina colada and sangria for later on! Friendly and helpful staff.

Easy to get to, short walk to bars and beach .a stroll to the supermarket . Beautiful landscaped gardens. Peaceful and quiet but only a stones through from all the life.

Value for money I give a 4/10 The room was so small that we had to move the frigo bar to go around the bed. Very noisy room, is a person on another room use the bathroom during the night you get up immediately. Inside the wardrobe there was a drawer that you couldn't open because of the dimensions. No space in the bath for beauty or something like that, Tv didn't work as well as the air conditioning. Only one plug in the room if you use the one in the bathroom during the night it didn't work. Poor Breakfast for such a big amount. The only positive thing the hotel is located close to a nice beach.

Almost anything Located so close to a nice beach.

Staff were unhelpful, miserable and unfriendly Bed and pillows were uncomfortable and you had to pay for an upgraded pillow per night Water in the shower went hot and cold All the hotel room doors slammed shut Cleaners were very loud in the morning and banged around a lot Room key card took several attempts before the door would unlock

Hotel located close to the beach

I have nothing to complain about, the hotel just met my expectations.

Just awesome location, really 2 min from the beach. Our room even had an awesome view on the sea. Very clean hotel, nice personnel, decent breakfast - what could you wish more for a weekend?

Perfect location close to Palma and the airport via frequent public transport and taxis. You can travel to the old part of Palma or Playa del Palma on foot in around 40 minutes with a nice walk along the sea front. Hotel is clean with a large swimming pool area which has ample sunshine throughout the day. Friendly and helpful staff.

Only slight downfall was the size of the room, we had a twin which was very compact and not a lot of room but as only a short stay it was acceptable. Will book bigger room next time.

Excellent location, minutes from the beach and a short taxi ride into Palma ( ten minutes) I would definitely use again for a short break which is what we were on ( 3 nights)

We stayed here only one night as used the hotel as a stop over. Second visit as did the same the year, close to airport. This is the best end of Palma beach wise as you are away from the main road. Cannot fault the place and could easily stay here for a holiday. Bike hire available

Size of the room and the fact that I had to walk past the swimming pool to get to the second building in which my room was located.

The location of the hotel is convenient, only around 12 minutes drive via taxi from the airport and 2 minutes walk from the beach. There are restaurants and shops within walking distance. Although I was staying alone I found the size of the room tiny, the view from the room was ok. In addition the room that I got was in the second building which meant I had to enter the hotel from the front, walk past the swimming pool and then get into the second building, I didn't like that. The staff at the hotel were very helpful, they happily agreed to pass-on my excess baggage to sendmybag.com people after I had checked out

Staff on greeting had faces just like the second one. Could have smiled a couple of times.

Fine for an overnight stop. Facilities (bar, pool) very good.

Rooms were a little small

The hotel was very the airport - about 10 minutes in a taxi but cost about 18 euros (we arrived at midnight and left at 3am so prices may be higher at night). The hotel is about 25 minutes from Palma centre and cost about 20 euros. It was right next to the beach and had a supermarket opposite. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were ok. We had lunch in the restaurant which was delicious.

The rooms are really small, too small for staying there a whole week.

The location is nice, if you like to stay at the beach. Kind of far from Palma (city).

Lots of children allowed to jump in the pool and very noisy. Lifeguard at the pool was not doing anything even though there were signs up stating no jumping or diving in the pool. For this reason I would not suggest this hotel as a romantic location. The showers did not work very well, found it difficult as you ha do hold the shower scary or the water went everywhere.

The bed was comfy, lots of children allowed to jump in the pool and very noisy. For this reason I would suggest this hotel as a romantic location.

• Twin Room with Sea View

The room was incredibly compact. No room to move in the shower, such as bend over to wash your feet. Only short item hanging space in wardrobe and 3 tiny drawers. Not possible to unpack and lay out your clothes for them to be easily visible. It had everything we needed but ideally could do with being a couple of feet wider. Mainly residential area, few eating places (particularly at lunch).

Very clean room, changed towels daily. Friendly, attentive staff. Ideal location for beach, 2 minutes walk. Location from airport was excellent as we only stayed for 3 nights and didnt want a long transfer.

Rooms are the tiniest. Walls/doors are so thin you can hear people talking in 4 rooms over, or those kids in the floor above you vomitimg when coming home at 4am. All doors should be sound isolated asap. Aswell as put on sound silensers for when you close the doors and shelves etc, you could hear when almost everyone in the building when they closed their minibar. There are other good options for accomodation. It is sad to leave a bad review, because most of the staff was really friendly and helpful.

The reception area and the staff. Location is good.

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

I wanted to pay the room price in Cash but during the time I was waiting for the room to be cleaned they credited my credit card, however I said before , I want to pay in cash as my card is not with me...... the room was not clean at all. very unpolite personal.

Beach was very close.

The gentleman who checked us in wasn't very friendly and was really stern we felt a bit uncomfortable. However the Rest of staff were lovely! Rooms were on the small side but clean and all you needed for a couple of nights.

I loved the vibe of the place and the extra little touches like water and apples in the reception area. The pool area was lovely and the bar and restaurant staff were attentive and polite. Drinks at the sky bar were also not to be missed. Location wise although not in Palma centre the local area was nice. We got the bus into the centre and first evening and walked home. Although it took a hour, the promenade walk home was magical and we made a couple of pit stops along the way.

The room is a little bit small but it's ok

The location of the hotel is perfect. Just 1 minute from the beach by walking, and the restaurant of the hotel is very good. The food was delicious. Also there are supermarket restaurants around the hotel. The staffs are very nice and helpful. It was a perfect experience in Majorca.

The room was on the small side. Opening the wardrobe door just barely missed hitting the bed. Very little space in the bathroom. Balcony was tiny

Just a short stroll to the beach. Nice walk way to Palma City. Convenient local buses to city centre

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

The pool water did not look well maintained. But that might be wrong. Breakfast buffé good but expensive, 12 euro. But there are cheaper alternatives along the beach walk with continental breakfast .

Location very close to the beach and fairly close to downtown Palma. 4 Km walk or bike along the beach. Of course there were noise from the air traffic. The airport is only some km away. But you get used to it and the rooms were well insulated so no problem to sleep. Only few restaurants within walking distance though. Nice view from the balcony over the beach if you book room with sea view.

The breakfast isn't wonderful. Not an awful lot of choice. On this basis I woul probably just book room only.

its a very chilled boutique hote. Public transport is amazing and so cheap. Easy to get into Palma

Staff were great, really went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. It is in a fabulous location away from the tourist restaurants and prices of central Palma. Lots of great bars and restaurants within minutes and 2 minutes to the beach if you can tear yourself away from the pool. We will be back.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

The doors of the rooms are impossible to close quietly and this causes a lot of noise when guests are leaving their rooms. A shelf in the bathroom would have been useful.

The bed was very comfortable. The reception staff were very helpful and polite and dealt with any problems immediately. We were particularly impressed with Juan who was always very helpful and pleasant.

Maybe a few more sunbeds as the hotel was busy.

Wonderful ice cold air conditioning when we arrived after a long journey in a heatwave. Delightful staff who accommodated our requests,storing our luggage and booking us a taxi for our early morning flight. We did not have breakfast.This is the second time that we have stayed here and next time we will stay longer,especially as we had a first floor balcony with a sea view.

There are no door closers on the bedroom doors hence when anyone in the building closed or let the door slam it could be heard throughout the building, very annoying.

Convenient for the airport, beach and city centre. Great little place, lovely pool and great breakfast terrace. Loved the fact that there was no loud bar/terrace/pool music blasting away, very relaxing.

VERY small room. And for site seeing you'll need at least 25 minutes' ride in packed #15 bus to get to/from the Palma center

Location (away from the Palma center and its crowds), helpful staff, clean and new room, option to take shower in the evening before the flight.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Location was ideal for our 2 night stay. Close to the airport. 80 metres from the beach and promenade. Easy access to Palma and with decent quality restaurants very close too. I would go back.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

No soundproofing so can hear other guests

This is my second stay at UR Portofino (my first was a long weekend with my partner in August 2016). I returned as myself and two friends wanted a chilled beach holiday and the beach is a minutes walk from the hotel. We had a family room (no.119) which was in fact the same as I previously stayed in. Clean and simple, small balcony with no views really. I would not recommend this room if you are after sea views you would need to be on the opposite side of the building on probable the top two floors. Be warned that the hotel isn't soundproofed like others may be so if like me you are a light sleeper don't forget the earplugs. Though it is in a quiet area so on the plus no load club base keeping you up. Breakfast was a simple continental with enough options for my taste and it was restocked throughout the service. We ate at the hotel one in the evening and were very happy with the quality and flavours of the meal. They do lovely cocktails to be enjoyed on the terrace. Very reasonably priced drinks. I would recommend staying here for a long weekend as it is next to a lovely beach frequented by the locals and nice little restaurants and is a quick taxi ride into Palma.

It was expensive for what you got. The towels were old, worn and small. The staff were either very new and had no idea how to even poor a beer (I had to show them) or grumpy. Not a friendly staff presence at all. The guy that checked us in was the only polite person, and I believe this was because he wanted me to settle the bill for the room upon checking in. The min they had our money it was like the charm switch was turned off.. Bizarre. The breakfast was appalling. The scrambled eggs could only be described as grey and the other types (fried only) were crusted and solid from being left out for too long. When I asked for some fresh ones I received a scowl that would suggest I'd just insulted the waitresses children... Lots of huffing, no smiles and generally a bit disappointing. I'm not a fussy guest, but wouldn't stay here again.

Location was decent from the airport and closeness to the beach. It was clean.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

The bedrooms were very small and the doors did not have slow closers so when anyone closed or slammed the doors they could be heard throughout the building, unacceptable. Very poor sound insulation.

The open areas, the lounge, breakfast terrace ambience.

Probably check in time at 3pm.

Overall the hotel located just 20 meters walked to the beach, nearby good restaurants and hotel staff very friendly, helpful and clean. Wifi is excellent and the hotel pool fantastic

• Twin Room with Sea View

Check-in took a lot of time. I was asked to pay in advance for the whole period of my staying (I do not think it has happened to me anywhere else). The elevator broke down on the second day (and my room was on the fourth floor). Personnel was completely unapologetic about it.

Location near the beach and near bars and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Room much too small, tiny bathroom with no place for even a toothbrush holder and impossible to get your toiletries out.

Friendly staff. Quick to react when problems with bathroom. Offered a note of apology and a bottle of wine.

Airconditioning had broken down which meant you had to leave window open to a noisy enivironment.. Late night revellers and being near airport made for little sleep..

Staff were excellent, helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

The room was basic and small, reception staff need training in customer relations, dinner menu limited and expensive in comparison to restaurants in the local area.

Ideal location for us 50yds from the beach and promenade and surrounded by restaurants

The 'extra' bed was springy and uncomfortable compared to the 'normal' beds. Despite providing a kettle, the staff were reluctant to lend us 3 x cups and suggested using the glasses provided to drink hot tea from! I expected 1 x complimentary bottle of water each day to be provided; this was available €2 from the mini bar.

Hotel staff were excellent and moved us into a 'three bed' triple room instead of a 'double and single'; this meant the alternate room was bigger and had a much better sea view than the initial room allocated. We asked for a kettle which was provided.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

the organisation around the brekfast, stressful and crowded.

friendly staff in the reception, nice atmosphere, nice bar and lounge. good cleaning, nice pool, nice area

Meals were too expensive . For a light sleeper ,too near the airport as planes take off from 06.20 am,and there are planes every 3-4 minutes after that as it is a very busy airport. The rooms are a little cramped but very comfortable. Could do with tea making facility in the room. I would stay there again.

The hotel is very modern , staff are very friendly, cleaning staff exceptional. Free Wi-Fi all the time and free safe.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

We arrived about 9.30pm and found it difficult to find a parking space, and it was raining heavily. Eventually found a space 200mtrs away. It wasn't a problem but just a little inconvenient. In high season I can imagine it being a problem.

Ideal location, nice restaurants nearby, close to the beach.

• Twin Room with Sea View

The room was very small , and we could only just get into it with our luggage . It was alright for one night before we flew home, but I would not have wanted to stay there fore any length of time. The photo of the room online made it look much bigger ( or it was a completely different room. ) Also the impression from the website was that the hotel was on the sea front as the room had sea view, but it was one block back from the sea, and although there was a very small balcony with a view of the sea, most of the view was the back of blocks of flats ion the sea front.

Staff were very helpful and the facilities were very pleasant and comfortable. It was very easy to access the airport from the hotel , and we had a very early flight. The room was exceptionally clean and bright . We were offered a complementary glass of red wine.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

I think the breakfast could've had more variety but not like this was a make-or-break point, it was still quite decent.

Everything was excellent, we really enjoyed our stay and the receptionists and manager were terrific

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Breakfast seemed expensive so we went elsewhere.

Great location. Only 10 minutes by taxi from the airport. Very close to a lovely beach and easy to walk, cycle or take a bus to Palma city centre.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Too short a stay but I was happy with everything

The receptionist was an angel. I missed my flight and was lucky to find a hotel while stranded at the airport. Lovely receptionist upgraded me and put a smile on my face which I desperately needed. Thank you to her :)

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Breakfast quite expensive and only average food.

Stylish hotel, helpful staff when we wanted to have two rooms together, nice location close to beach. Plenty of local restaurants.

• Twin Room with Sea View

....sorry, no complaints.... maybe one of the hallway couches could be updated, but it was still comfortable and not exactly a show-stopper

Great food, attentive and effective staff, clean room and facilities, very comfortable

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

The pool water was very cold and not many people used it.

The staff were very nice and helpful. We were given a family room as we were travelling with a child. The room had a great layout with beds in separate sections of the unit. The breakfast buffet was well stocked as well.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Size of room. Very tight space to access very small balcony. Bathroom very small but efficient.

The location close to great beach and also to Palma centre. Excellent food and bar service.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Be forewarned that the pool water is not heated and was quite cold, but still enjoyable once you got used to it. $20 deposit per towel for the beach or pool was inconvenient

complimentary Cava drink! Short walk to the beach Bicycle rental right at the hotel was convenient short distance to the airport

Browse UR Portofino traveller photo gallery