Reviews of Prestige Coral Platja 3 stars

Avenida de Rhode, 28, 17480 Roses, Spain

#17 of 39 hotels in Roses

• Twin Room with Sea View

Service is really poor. No water in the room, no soap to wash your hands in the bathroom, when you go to get a bottle of water at the bar they charge you immediately and if you want to add it to your room you have to show a paper you received during your checkin, not even the key will convince them. If you ask at 10:10 if something is still there of the breakfast the answer is *absolutely* not, if you ask if there is possibility of getting a coffe delivered at your room, the answer is *absolutely* not. I was expecting nicer service and people considering the price and the reviews

The sea view is very nice, make sure you have a sea view room. The hotel is clean and beds are comfortable. The location is very nice and at night you can hear the waves sound if you keep your window open.

I asked specifically for a sea view and this was not given, disappointing as the hotel was not at all full.

Clean hotel with pleasant and attentive staff. The clientell were clearly repeat visitors, if alittle on the old side, but that is not to the hotel's fault. There was much to in the area and I would recommend the hotel

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Parking at the property was hit and miss with limited space. Better control on allocation of parking space would be beneficial, especially for those who have limited mobility.

Good Bathroom with Bath and Over bath shower

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

I would have liked to have seen some small toiletries in the bathroom and bin liners.

I thought the breakfast and evening meal was excellent value for money. The staff were very helpful and pleasant.

• Twin Room with Sea View

Although there was plenty of fresh fruit available for breakfast, the only fruit cut up was water melon. There was no information booklet on the hotel facilities in the bedroom, and the lunch menu in the café at the front of the hotel was very poor, eg. no salads. As usual, there were guests putting towels and bags on the sunbeds before breakfast and not utilising them until after lunch. I realise that this is a common occurrence at most hotels abroad, but this particular area is surrounded by trees. Why not pin a couple of notices on the trees? I did mention it at reception, but the young lady just shrugged her shoulders!!!!!!

The buffet breakfast and dinner were excellent. The parking was superb, as was the location. The staff were friendly and competent.

• Twin Room with Sea View

The bed was very hard but I got used to it. Dinner was acceptable but not varied enough for my liking. I would probably not prepay for dinner again but I would eat there on occasion. There are lots of restaurants in the area.

Excellent location and staff were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was decent and the entertainment at night was enjoyable. The view of the sea was wonderful as well and when I stayed an extra day they were able to accommodate me in the same room.

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

There was no transparent curtain in my room. You have seat in dark or all peope in rooms on the opposite side could see you. There is no one socket close to bed. Close to 10 A.M. Breckfastroom locked like Estació de Barcelona-Sants.

internet is very strong lokated close to saeside there is minifridge in room hotel design

We arrived on a Bank Holiday. There was no on site parking but there is a large free car park accross the road. This however was full and it took time to wait for a space which was a distance from the hotel. However next morning I was able to move the car to the front row very near the hotel. There no other downsides at all about this hotel.

Probably the best locatrion in Roses. The buffet breakfast was very good and the buffet dinner had a very good choice which changed each night and was excellent quality produce. Very nice room at side with sea view.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Not a lot to like. Bed was awful with very flat pillows. We had to use extra duvet in wardrobe as pillows. Wifi kept cutting out. This is the only hotel we have stayed in that required a rental for the room safe. The towels in the bathroom were so thin and scratchy.

Central to the beach and near main shopping /restaurant area.

• Twin Room with Sea View

Mostly catered for the French. They even addressed us in French. French newspapers, nothing English. We went for a Spanish holiday, not a French one.

Proximity to the sea!

• Twin Room with Sea View

Very small car park which we never managed to get in to. Had to drive round looking for street spaces. Pool is very small and located next to the road rather than on the beach side

Right on beach. Helpful staff (after initially being rather unhelpful.

Very unfriendly staff. When we arrived they barely said hello, made me pay for the stay before giving me the keycard (one keycard for two people). No please, no thank you. At the bar a friendly server made us two very bad cocktails (the barkeeper had to look at a piece of paper while mixing), when I wanted to send the cocktails back to get another one they billed me a second time! Even when I complained the made me pay for both. In the morning the cleaning staff had a loud chat in front of our room and repeatedly slammed the doors. Didn't try the breakfast because we wanted to get out.

Hotel is beachside

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The swimming pool was covered over on a sweltering hot day and was more akin to a sauna.

It was in a good location and the room was clean. When we complained about the sewerage smell the receptionist explained it was a problem in Roses in the summer but relocated us to a floor lower where the problem desisted. We got a free breakfast for our trouble.

• Twin Room with Sea View

Our welcome to the hotel by the reception staff could have been a little more friendly and little less efficient ! Also not very good with speaking English as we are not very good speaking French!

Buffet was excellent at all sittings but was a bit busy at times . Our bedroom with Seaview was very comfortable and very clean . So relaxing too!

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Twin Room with Sea View

We were very disappointed that there was a daily charge for the use of the safety deposit box which was located in the bedroom.

The hotel is very conveniently located on the seafront. We ate in the hotel's restaurant every night as the help yourself buffet was excellent with lots of choice and all for €14 per person. The breakfast was also a help yourself buffet with plenty of choices. We would have booked with dinner included had we known how good the food was.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Twin Room with Sea View

The room was comfortable and clean, reasonable space and was quiet. The location, 50 yds from the beach was excellent and the board-walk an added bonus. The management were putting a lot of effort to ensure there staff were doing things to make our stay enjoyable. and comfortable. would recommend to my friends.

• Twin Room with Sea View

Quite tired in places. Booked a twin but three beds were in the room which made it quite cramped. No tea making facilities was also disappointing. Breakfast was buffet format which was fine but food provided was inconsistent, some items not available every day. Coffee was provided by a machine which meant long queues making an already cramped dining room even more difficult to move around.

Excellent location especially for eating out.

There was a misunderstanding with the person at the front desk about what meals were to be included in my stay. I left with a bad feeling about this.

I very much enjoyed the location of this property, right on the beach, and its Old world elegance. The restaurant staff were lovely.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

There were about 20-30 teenagers playing soccer in the corridors and nothing was done about their behaviour. Being 19 years old myself I couldn't understand how disrespectful they were being and that the hotel did nothing about it! We got our room moved upon request.

The breakfast was very good and very reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Twin Room with Sea View

The hotel was packed with very noisy groups of OAPs which mde it very hard to find anywhere to sit in the public areas. Our room was on the first floor near the staircase and the noise coming from the lobby and from the noisy music from the lounge until late kept us awake until the last of the revellers went to bed. Very noisy hotel indeed. No-one apologised. We paid full price for 2 double rooms as an anniversary present to my in-laws, hoping for a quiet stay by the sea and we got a lousy weekend in an overproced accommodation for what we got. Utterly outraged!

Location was great.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Too many tables booked for dinner by groups and few tables available for individual guests. Coffee/tea should be available in dining room after dinner.

Location of hotel excellent Buffet breakfast and dinner excellent

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Staff members could have been a bit more smiley and a greeting would have been nice. Chairs in lounge a bit lumpy and beds not that comfortable.

Hotel was in a good location to center of roses and the beach. Chamber maids were very smiley and always had a good morning and hello.the public area's were clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Pool was small and in the corner of a car park so not very appealing. Breakfast was bland. Decor was old-fashioned. Shower curtain on bath rather than a screen.

Pleasant staff. Right on the beach and with a pleasant seafront walk to the town. Side-room balcony had a good view of sea and mountains. Comfortable bed. Decent shower. Wifi.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

I rang next day to say I had left a pair of trousers. These were found. I was required to send information like Email address etc. which I did. I rang after 11 days and told they had not sent them because I had not sent them the relevant information.

The hotel was comfortable

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Twin Room with Sea View

Restaurant very crowded and rushed due to 2 sittings. Bar staff seemed to have favourites, who were the ones whom they gave nibbles to with their drinks

Buffet very good, room spacious & comfortable.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

The beds were hard as sleeping on rocks, would have loved tea making facilities in the room

The hotel had a nice feel and the reception staff (especially Zacarius) were exceptionally helpful. It is in a good location, rooms facing reception were quiet at night.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

The additional charge for safe rental as considering what the hotel costs were this should be free also when we booked 6 months in advance we requested a room with sea view and balconny. What we were allocated was an extremely small room with no balciny and no seaview. To say I was disappointed would been understatement and this was ecentually was partly rectified when we were allocated a larger room at the rear of the hotel byt disappointedly overlooking the road. We still had a good holiday despite our disappointment.

Location and good were good

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

TV could have had more English language programmes, (Minor niggle really). The safe was located most awkwardly for my old inflexible bones on the bottom shelf, far back corner of the wardrobe. It could be better lit.

Location, front line view from our room, attentive and helpful staff, evening entertainment. The breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Twin Room with Sea View

Sometimes waiter point to table, which I should sit. I'm on the rest and if I select a table for 4 persons at the window even if we need only two places I don't want to listen I had to change the table. It's not so friendly.

Special thanks to Nikita for his help. He is very friendly and professional.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Paying for use of safe (petty) . Being asked to pay up front for extras like breakfast . I usually settle up in checking out. Decor was trying to be traditional but actually just looked tired. Was told that fridge was only a cooler box when it had a plug and thermostat. Basically it was just broken. Why pretend?

Location was Fab

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

The room was really small for two persons. The price was expensive if you consider the fact that we have neither a balcony nor a view. Very busy breakfast room. At the checkin, the receptionist didn't wanted to accept booking.com price. We had to ask for the manager to get it. It lasted too long after a long trip.

The location and free parking.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

Poor choice for breakfast. Had to pay extra for drinks on terrace even though we were residents. Standards slìpped since last time we were here.

Excellent location on seafront. Comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

We like everything. The see was very close to the hotel, the food was very tasty and different. Our room was small, but comfortable, clean, the air-conditioner super. All staff were polite, take care of each visitor. Thanks a lot for the bar staff - for Elena and Dmitrij.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

The restaurant arrangements were very poor and a bit disorganised, felt more like a canteen than a restaurant. A poor selection of food was available from the bar at lunchtime meaning you had to eat in the restaurant or go elsewhere. In our opinion these aspects let the hotel down.

Great location, good standard of food in the restaurant with good selection.

No dislikes.

Relaxed atmosphere, great location, wonderful view of bay, right by the seafront.

This is a very well run hotel, and the food was superb.

Noisy with group guests

Good sea view

The bed and more blankets for this period of time

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Beautiful location Great breakfast Wanted to be near Dali Theatre Museum and we were

poor food

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Car parking on site was not good, although free public unsecure was opposite. a little concerning?

breakfast very good value and well organised

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

La piscina

La situacio i la possibilitat de fer un late check out

No complaints that I can think of.

Rooms comfortable, bed OK.

No wifi in room

Friendly staff

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

The Hotel was very nice,being so close to the beach and very clean. The staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Noise from ramp outside

Great value food and accomodation

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Excellent service close to sea clean and lots of space

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

wifi not the best little far from city center.

good hotel cheep prise

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Tiny room.

View of the water from tiny balcony. Generous buffet breakfast.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

queueing at the buffet

toasted bread

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Dinner was a it bland but plenty of selection especially the entrees.very

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

2.7 euro per day to use the safe. Ridiculous as an extra these days.

The excellent range of food dishes in the buffet at breakfast and in evening.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

The swimming pool is not very well situated (near the road)

Good food and good situation

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Twin Room with Sea View

Those lovely staff ,I love you all

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Hotel runs everything impersonal. don't expeet their help or consideration for convenience of customers.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

Lovely location ,food very good ,a very enjoyable stay

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Twin Room with Sea View

Swimming pool but swimming not allowed ?????????????????

Perfect location, quiet, but easy walking distance to restaurants and shops.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Location of swimming pool

The hotel is very old and basic. But it's clean and in a great location, the food was very good for what we paid for it.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Twin Room with Sea View

We have been to this hotel many times and always enjoyed our stay. Will definitely be going back.

• Reviewed: 29 May 2016

The hot parts of the buffet food could do with being kept hotter, the rest was very good.

Overall cleanliness was very good, a charming medium sized hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

There was no aircon in room working. The pool was a bit naff . The food was ok but only ok.

The location was away from the hussle and bussle. The staff were very accommodating, friendly. It was a very clean hotel. ...

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

- Cleaniness : There was a cockroach in our bathroom. I understand this can happen in these older hotels so don't want to make too much fuss about it. - Guest relations : after informing the reception that I found a cockroach in the bathroom and showed them the picuture I took with my smartphone. They took my phone and deleted the picture. This is NOT done. They could have asked me to delete it and I would have without problems. - The terrace door/windows are old and are up for replacement. This makes the seaview rooms noisy. - No guest ammenities in the bathroom (only fixed soap dispensers on the wall). - No wall outlets (electricity sockets) near the bed, so you have to charge your phone in the bathroom. - empty minibar.

- The location of the hotel - Buffet Breafast - Friendly Food and Beverage staff

• Reviewed: 23 April 2016

the hotel was very full, so on one day we had to wait a few minutes for a dinner table. parking in the hotel was full, but there was ample room on the road outside, so not a problem.(might be more difficult in high season?)

abundant tasty food. room at front overlooking the sea, which was a pleasant surprise on arrival.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2016

We have been taking holiday breaks at this hotel since March 2007.The staff, facilities and location are all first class and we shall continue to go there for many years to come.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

The hotel is a bit noisy and internet is not free. Small pool.

Very good location, nice and clean room and bathroom, comfortable bed. Large variety of food at diner and breakfast. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

The car park was too small, cars were blocked in this needs improving, however I parked across the road in a large car park, which was safe

Location was perfect, we had a weekend break, a very nice walk into Roses along the sea front.

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Room a little on the small side but view over the sea compensated.. OK bathroom needs a bit updating but was clean at all times. Only downside was the music which the dancers clearly enjoyed but one night continued beyond 11pm. Size of room dictated the size of the single beds which were very small. Again for value for money...so no complaints.

Meals.....lots of choice even for vegetarian. Food always well presented. Not "haute cuisine" but excellent value for money. Staff always friendly and caring. First time at this hotel, usually stay in a much more expensive one which was closed....we benefitted!!

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Parking is very limited and chaotic due to lack of space and no markings. The alternative is the cul-de-sac beside the hotel which is narrow or a field across the road which is designated as a public car park.

Nice hotel on the sea front. Did not try the restaurant as it only serves buffet style but the bar is a plus at the beginning of March when so many bars and restaurants are closed. The room was an odd shape but clean and comfortable with a small balcony. Wifi in the public areas was sometimes slow but always free.

• Reviewed: 27 February 2016

-One annoying point was the fuse box in the room which made a horrible noise, so I had to sleep with ear plugs which I could not give to my child as too small. -Missing spare pillows. -Room for improvement: the pool is in a separate building. You need to get there dressed but once there there is no changing room, so you need to leave your cloth in the humidity and on the wet floor. The walls of the pool were not clean !

Everything was fine. In front of the beach, breakfrast good, dinner ok, staff very friendly. Every night (February) life music but not too noisy. We had a very nice stay

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

Great location very clean & spacious room's, good WiFi, generally very well run hotel great staff, breakfast has a good variety, stayed in numerous 4&5 star hotels around the world, this place is more like a 4 star rather than the official 3.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2016

Spanish ham at the breakfast buffet, in addition to all the other cold meats and salamis would have been great.

Amazing value for money. Could not imagine a better deal. Everything you. Old think of was there!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

Breakfast very basic but dinner buffet was below average, I found it was very un appetizing. There was a thunderstorm so I decided to have dinner in the hotel as the walkway outside was deserted. it was 12.50 eu for the ticket to buffet but frankly a waste of money as I didn't eat, there was a fly flying about the hot food and the yogurt had a long black hair in it!! Wifi was free if you came to reception area but you had to pay to have it in your bedroom. snack orders in bar - fast food junk standard not acceptable anymore...

LOCATION was fabulous, very easy to find when I arrived in Roses, easy access to main centre of Roses Very clean

• Reviewed: 21 September 2015

Our room was 128 on the left side of the hotel from the beach. In common with all rooms on that side of the hotel there is the noise at night when the bottles from the bar are ejected, the noise of kegs and bottles being delivered in the morning and most nights the dustmen come to call. Avoid rooms on the left side of the hotel.

Very clean hotel and rooms with entertainment in the evening and a very comfortable lounge area replete with waiters. It is a few steps from the hotel to the beach and there is a grass covered lounging area. Roses bay is beautiful and the hotel is right there alongside the beach.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

staff a bit surly, small pool roadside, lots of breakfast choice but inedible in the main. wi fi, safe were extra cost, noisy front of hotel until music stopped. limited parking on hotel grounds.

lovely location - beach front. comfy beds. relatively clean

There are also 20 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.