Reviews of Prinsotel Alba & Spa 4 stars

Conillera s/n, 07760 Cala d´Or, Spain

#3 of 25 Holiday rentals in Cala d´Or

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child) with Balcony

The apartment was modern and clean, with a massive bed, children slept in the lounge. The air con was quiet. Pool clean, a bit chilly to get in at first , just go for it! Gardens lovely. Staff polite and helpful. Could of done with more bar staff in the evening. Brilliant location for beach and town. Great for younger kids,11 and under. House keeping great. Can't comment on the restaurant as we didn't use it. But it did look and smell nice as we walked past.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child) with Balcony

Room felt clean, however I found some medications on the floor-which would be very scary having young children around. The walls are thin and you can hear the room next to yours, but we didn’t have any major issues with it and slept fine. If you have young kids I’d request a room on the “reception side” of the hotel- the other rooms are across a tiny car park and around the pool which sometimes has music until very late.

The room was spacious and comfortable for my parter and I. Comfortable bed, okay wifi, beautiful hotel grounds, and an awesome pool which the hotel does games at every day! Lots of families staying here, a great atmosphere for them. We found a car park every day next to our hotel easy, but we stayed early June 2018 and were told by some staff that it was “very quiet” and peak season started in two weeks, so I can imagine parking would be tough then.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children) with Balcony

The power is on a motion sensor which ends up cutting out during the night - aircon turns off and the power which charges your phone turns off which was slightly annoying.

Perfect position, modern rooms and helpful staff, very good accommodation for us.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child) with Balcony

The wifi connection wasn't good for us, maybe the location whichwas frustrating as needed the laptop for entertaining the baby.

the atmosphere at the hotel was really good , the staff couldn't have been more helpful, we travelled with out daughter and baby, the facilities for families are excellent. we loved everything about it . we had lunch at the pool every day but ate out at night at the fantastic restaurants around the area. we fou d it to be very good value for money. looking at going back next year. highly recommend this hotel and resort. Rooms cleaned every day with fresh towels and sheets when required.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Balcony (2 Adults)

In a self catered apartment there was no washing up things and it was very difficult to wash up and dry up in the small space!

Location was amazing! Lovely room great size and lovely pool area!

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults + 1 Child) with balcony

The only downside is that it is 1hour away from the airport but this is something that can’t be fixed. Maybe not so good if traveling with children.

Amazing hotel, the rooms were very clean and comfortable. I was only there on a short stay so did not see any of the hotel entertainment unfortunately

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child) with Balcony

It is very close to the public bus stop and Cala d'Or centre. There are good restaurants and supermarket around. the shows in the hotel are very good. The staff were friendly. and they are quick at check in and check out. The room was spacious and has a lot of facilities.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Balcony (2 Adults)

No Tea in rooms and Air conditioning was not going to be available until after we left. One had to buy their own drinks for dinner even though we were half board guests

Food was good and well made. Kudos to the chef for all breakfast and dinners

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child) with Balcony

I found the pool to be a little bit cold.

On my second last day of my holiday I put my neck & back out. I was given an absolutely fantastic massage which fixed my problem. Also the kids club is really good. My 6 & 8 year old loved it and the girls that run it are great,very patient, so friendly and helpful and super for involving the parents and even the people without children there too. The towel service at the pool is great and a lifeguard on duty every day is an extra pair of eyes on your children which i found comforting.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child) with Balcony

the pillows could have been a bit more comfortable

The apartment was super clean, bed super comfortable,staff very friendly. Entertainment was fantastic for children and adults and the location was perfect.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child) with Balcony

We are family travelling with kids and we never had a problem in any hotel. This hotel though has a policy of 4 people on the room. Because our younges was 11 month old and together there were 5 of us, we were forced to book another room. As a human being I dont thing it is okay to split a family into two rooms because of 11 months old baby!!! Well we paid for 2 rooms but still used only the one of them. The reason why I was so upset is, that the staff werent friendly at all, they treated me like and idiot and what is more I found out later on, that if something like this happens it is possible to cancle the reservation free of charge and find another hotel. When I asked them about canceling the reservation they said that it is not possible. As I said We have been travelling around the world but this was the worst staff behavior I have ever experienced!

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child) with Balcony

There wasn't a draining board, sieve, or fish slice and our electric top hobs didnt work. It was all very awkward at the kitchen area.You had to be careful when you opened the microwave door cupboard as someone could easily hit their head off it. The fridge door also had a cupboard door on it when theres no need. There could also be better food in the restaurant. Some of the Gym equipment didnt work.

Beds comfortable. Nice pool and area. Nice indoor pool.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Balcony (2 Adults)

The organisation for the Spa isn’t amazing, lots of running round to get a towel first you get a white card then reception the ask a life guard for a towel. Also the hours of the spa aren’t easily displayed, nor our prices and when we found out the prices they were reasonable we would of spend a lot more time there if we knew the prices and working hours..

Oh my gosh the bed is unreal comfy! So big and soft was a dream to sleep in. Good location to beach and restaurants bars all in a 5-7 min walk. Hotel has lots to offer, spas pools etc.. really clean hotel, people constantly checking the water of the pool for cleanliness it was great.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults) with Balcony

We would have liked an oven. Maybe some info about the local area. Travel Tec. Perhaps a notice board. Ate in the restaurant just one eve. No choices for non meat eaters.

Spacious. Clean. Comfortable bed. I asked for a quiet room and got one. Good location.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults) with Balcony

The walls were very thin & I could hear my neighbours talk, close curtains, zip up their suitcases etc At one point I was woken by other guests leaving at 4.30 by their alarm vibrating against my bedroom wall

Large comfy, clean, light & airy rooms Great location just up the road from Cala Gran Beach.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults) with Balcony

We didn't have hot water one night but the hotel staff worked very hard to fox the problem. They also bought us a plate of fruit kebabs as compensation.

The hotel is in a great location for 3 local beaches. The rooms are very clean and well equipped with kettle, microwave,fridge, hob and hairdryer. The hotels spa and massage treatments are a welcome treat with colder weather in April. The staff were all friendly and spoke fluent English. The food was fabulous as it was always fresh and plenty of choice.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults) with Balcony

Excellent facilities, Kids activities were well organised and included in the price of the room. The Kids club was very well run and the carers were great. Multiple pools. All very nice. Cala Gran at its doorstep!

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults) with Balcony

Too many kids for my liking. Would have loved a pool with no kids entertainment.

Love the modern bedrooms/apartments which made our stay worth while x

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child) with Balcony

Music played all the time around the pool, sometimes a bit loud

Most comfortable bed I’ve ever stayed in at a holiday resort. Rooms modern. Cleaned every day. Staff lovely.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Balcony (2 Adults)

The reception staff was consistently underesourced every day we visited. On most occasions we waited over 30 minutes and simply gave up, we actually ended up visiting another hotel to arrange a transfer and get a map. Check in and check out were no different so allow lots of time. There was often visible staff in the back office so entirely inefficient and not customer oriented. I can confirm the staff were helpful once you were able so speak with them. This was a serious problem throughout the trip and I would not return based on this experience.

The hotel was clean and spa was nice.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults + 1 Child) with balcony

The area around the pool did not seem to get sun all day unless you moved to different areas this may have been the time of year though October. I am more of a beach person anyway.

Had requested a room top floor with pool view, booking.com advised that i should confirm this with hotel which i did not, our room was ground floor no pool view and not much sun light. Contacted reception and in 2 days had a magnificent bright room top floor, pool view did not matter anymore, beds were fantastic, rooms modern and more like a suite in size and comfort. Excellent hotel, staff, and perfect location across the road from a lovely beach. Good selection of food, breakfast was outstanding... and finally a special mention for the cleaning staff who did a wonderful job.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Balcony (2 Adults)

The bed was very big but a memory foam mattress which I have always found to be very warm and uncomfortable as you are essentially wrapped in a rubber sheet. This caused several nights of bad sleep even with the A/C on full. Still prefer a regular mattress by a long way.

Very large, extremely clean and with a well stocked kitchen, very short walk to the beach, town and bars.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child) with Balcony

The breakfast wasn't quite to our tastes

Staff were very friendly, my 1 year old son loved the kids club and disco . The location of hotel was great and we all really enjoyed our week

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults) with Balcony

I upgraded to select apartment needed another mirror in the lounge bit when you are with your 2 daughters we all need mirrors for hair and make-up this is not really a complaint

Friendly staff good location clean

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults + 1 Child) with balcony

For reception to not hassle me for €29( water and sodas), I'm gonna pay it, after all my family and friends just blown €4120 for a half board 3-4 nights, that serves me dinner without beverage. How much studpider could that be??! You guys are hoteliers be more hospitable and have more open communication. I want my family and friends to feel home away from home. I'm also aware of the check out times, I would offer a half hour grace period before calling the room to tell someone it's check out time, ridiculous!! The gracious housekeeper have already signalled us no need for another call.

Rooms, cleaniness, great guys on the restaurant mini terrace. Absolutely outstanding team on the culinary side, high volume property. Exec chef keeping a watchful eye too. Rigorous pool water testing regime, constant cleaniness. Kudos to Housekeeping, F&B and Facilities Team. Totally great job.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults) with Balcony

When we arrived the hotel at 11pm we were told the hotel had overbooked and for one night we had been booked into another hotel. We were only booked in for four nights so was not very happy. We were booked into Martha's apartments, the room was dirty and next to the hotels disco. Music was blaring out til 3am. So not a good start to a short stay. We would of appreciated the hotel contacting us before our trip to advise that they had overbooked as we would if changed our accommodation booking.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Balcony (2 Adults)

The key card was a little iffy and it took a long time and lots of fiddling to open the doors

Good location, clean and spacious accommodations, friendly hosts and walking distance to beaches, shops etc

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Balcony (2 Adults)

Cleaners waking us up at 740am preparing room next door for new guests? Very noisy!!

Friendly, helpful staff. Apartment and furnishings excellent. Restaurants and food outlets very good. Only issue our room 034 looked partially onto a wall!!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child) with Balcony

Parking space was limited. Staffs did not give information about finding parking area.

Kids activities, location adjacent to beach, and good room size.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child) with Balcony

For self catering I felt it was under provided, just 2 cooking hobs and no oven. There's no window in the bathroom. Also I felt uncomfortable with the location of my particular block of apartment, its block 351 plus; and I felt it was rather behind everything and its near the residential location.. I felt a little "unsafe" especially after dark I was keen on wondering around alone

Staff very nice and helpful Very big bed and the rooms are very roomy. We didn't feel like we were on top of each other..

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child) with Balcony

The closest water park is over an hour away. There is not much to do around there other than the beach. The kids club is only open for one hour in the morning 10.30-11.30!

The beach is across the road.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children) with Balcony

Food wasn't great, bed was very hard, staff were not the most helpful, entertainment for adults was awful, stairs up to room, no lift.

Rooms were a good size, near to the beach, baby pool, overall location.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults) with Balcony

Nice to see the refurbished rooms and reinvestment in the hotel. Good to actually receive Free wifi in bedrooms now. What a bonus It was nice to see same staff and recognised us once again. A pleasure as usual.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults) with Balcony

The pool area was pretty small considering how big the hotel itself was.

Extremely clean and very friendly staff.

Alles was prima

Ligging en comfort

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children) with Balcony

rooms were lovely and big and very clean, pool area was great food and staff lovely.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults) with Balcony

Clean, comfortable room. Friendly and helpful staff. Close to the beach and city center. Great breakfast and dinner.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults + 1 Child) with balcony

Brill location, beautiful beaches and super comfy bed!!! Would def go back!

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults) with Balcony

Quiet location and only 10 minutes walk to resort centre with plenty of supermarkets for self caterers.

Cleanliness and location.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults) with Balcony

the pool bar served excellent food and drinks and the most beautiful beach I have ever seen was only a short walk away

This is never 4 stars.

Friendly and efficient staff.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children) with Balcony

Rooms don’t reflect on line pictures

Kids pool great

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child) with Balcony

The beds are super comfortable and great size.. the hotel is very clean and great for the kids. We will definitely stay there again.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults) with Balcony

Very noisy by the pool even though we are in the quiet season.

The rooms were nice, clean and comfy.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults) with Balcony

the size of room the extras like wifi and washing up liquid etc

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults) with Balcony

Poor wifi. Have to keep logging in any time you want to use it and sometimes you cannot at all

Blood on the sheets

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children) with Balcony

Noise coming from cleaning stuff early morning and noise coming from near by hotels night entertainment

food, location

Bed extra comfy

Small pool.

Free room upgrade for our wedding anniversary

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children) with Balcony

Overcrowded pool. Lacked room in kitchenette. Couldn't really cook anything as not big enough.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child) with Balcony

The huge comfy bed and the size of the rooms. It has a nice pool area and the snack bar serves good quality food.

Too touristy

The surrounding area and beaches

Spacious apartment

Can't fault

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults) with Balcony

No twin beds Room near air con / heating very noisey

Time from airport but that was due to shuttle drop offs

Awesome. Paolo and dennis wonderful reps

The sofa bed

Rooms made up every day

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

No negatives

The bed was huge and very comfortable. Close to the beach. Nice and quiet. Adequate food at the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Balcony (2 Adults)

Bed was brilliant pool was beautiful. Apartment clean and comfortable

Not much

The Beds are massive and very comfortable, rooms are really big and the apartments are located close to the beach and town.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Pool area

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults) with Balcony

lack of sunbeds available after 7 am

new modern bedrooms

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

Excellent location just across from beach near shops bars and restaurants hotel b clean towels changed daily and room tidied would stay again and recommend it.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

Nothing bad to report.

Very good location, near to the beach. Very helpful staff who were able to answer all our queries. They also helped quickly when a glass was accidentally smashed in the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

The floors were never brushed and mopped our feet were rotten!! The hob controls on the cooker was dirty! The air conditioning was warm! The rooms need updating the bedspread smelt of sweat!!

The pool and the entertainment staff

• Reviewed: 9 July 2015

This is a large hotel/apartment complex and could benefit from another swimming pool. The main pool is crowded and there is no opportunity for those who want to swim. Alternatively the pool should open earlier for swimming only as it does not open until 10.30 am

Excellent value for money. We stayed on the self catering area. Accommodation is basic but kept very clean.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2015

A/C want great in rooms. Clean and comfortable. Food was a bit bland after the first 3 days. dissapoitning snack choice

Great location, friendly staff. Plenty of drinks availability. Great for familys and young children.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2015

All personal is friendly, caring and always willing to go out of their way to make your stay pleasant.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Great location and great pool area with bar overlooking pool and great facilities

There are also 27 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Prinsotel Alba & Spa traveller photo gallery