Reviews of Hotel Puerta America 5 stars

Avenida América, 41, Chamartín, 28002 Madrid, Spain

#158 of 327 hotels in Madrid

the service was very poor, we have stayed at the hotel and...
    • Deluxe Room

the service was very poor, we have stayed at the hotel and there was a kettle but without any tea bags in the room. I've asked reception and room service for the typical tea bags included for courtesy in almost every hotel and they told me that they don't include it... this was the first time I've seen this. 5 stars hotel without the minimal service included. you have to pay for the tea bag even if they put for you the kettle. no sence

Perfect Holiday and Hotel
    • Deluxe Room

Very small thing that we soon figured out but the controls for the window, curtains, and projector were slightly confusing. Other than that the accomodation was perfect.

We stayed on the 7th floor and my girlfriend and I had the perfect stay. The bed was incredible along with all of the facilities provided. The bath and shower was fantastic as well. The Observatory bar on the 13th floor is a must for a drink at least one night, would recommend the piña colada or the bramble. The hotel is quite far from the centre of Madrid. However, it is very close to the Cartagena metro station which lets you connect to the rest of the city very cheaply and easily. Would absolutely recommend this hotel and will hopefully be back in the not too distant future! Thank you Hotel Puerta America for an incredible holiday!

A pleasure to stay in

The only thing i didn't like about the hotel is the staff that is in restaurant where we having breakfast. They were very rude specially two of the ladies waitress that morning the only thing they wanted to do is settle and were angry and rude when we asked them something which is sad as a 5 start hotel should have qualified staff and friendly as well.

We arrived and The staff in reception was very friendly and everything was looking good Raul was very kind and lovely he showed us different pictures of the room and was really helpfull. Thank you x

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Unique design experience. Must go for ARCHITECTS.
    • Space Club by Zaha Hadid

Beautiful hotel. Busy traffic and quite far from interesting locations.

Hotel is unique. The design is outstanding and surprising. Rooms are uniquely shaped. First floor feel like Starship Enterprise. A must go for architects and techies.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

the added cost for the mix up tainted my opinion
    • Deluxe Room

i did not feel they handled the 3 people in one room. they offered to put an extra bed in a room that was way too small and then had to upgrade to a much more expensive room

the overall staff was nice and the breakfast was very good

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Classy and Comfortable In Madrid

It was all great.

The concierge staff were all very welcoming on check in and at check out. Our dining experiences were very nice and the servers were all so polite. We were unsure what to expect being English-speaking only but all of the staff spoke multiple languages including English so we were fine. The hotel is very beautiful and they have done so many nice touches to make it unique. The best part of our stay was the early check-in we were given which was so appreciated following our long-haul flight.

Best hotel ever
    • Deluxe Room

On your website it said that is only a couple of miles from the city centre but this hotel was fairly far from the city centre

The hotel was so modern, completely different from any other hotel, every floor had a completely different design, so clean, the staff so friendly and so helpful, the breakfast was amazing and everything that you wanted...was there plus you get to choose your room when you get there. AMAZING!!! The SkyBar is amazing and there are so many parties organized by the hotel up there. SPEECHLESS!!!

Birthday weekend
    • Deluxe Room

Neighbourhood - A local from the area gave me abuse outside the hotel walking to the metro. Felt quite unsafe if I’m honest. The location the hotel is in doesn’t match the theme or vibe! Needs to be in central

What a fabulous 5* hotel. The staff are amazing, I was allowed to choose my room and to my surprise I was given a birthday present from the hotel brought to my room! Lovely hotel. The room was so lovely and comfortable. Honestly the best hotel. Only thing I didn’t like was the area it was in. Odd location to have such a nice hotel.

Nice and clean rooms.
    • Deluxe Room

Location far from city centre but close to the air port. The carpet in corridor was old and somehow dirty. It should match the door’s color(red)

Nice and clean rooms. Nice staff.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Very nice hotel, with a modern vibe.

Nothing to say.

Very nice hotel, with a modern vibe. The bed was very comfortable. The buffet breakfast and the sandwich club at the restaurant were amazing!!

Enjoyable!
    • Deluxe Room

We were sad that there was a kind of balcony outside the window but it was not accessible it would have been a nice touch to be able to go onto it, maybe it needs some extra building work to make it possible. The TV has a chrome-cast incorporated but we didn't manage to make it work and after consulting with reception they told us its not working in some floors so if its something you want, ask in advance if its available.

The style of the hotel is amazing with different designs to each floor, we chose floor 6. The staff member who attended us (Daniel) was really amazing and the attention was very personalized. The bed was comfortable and the views were quite nice. The room service is also perfect with prices not much higher than a fancy restaurant and a lot of variety with good sized portions. Each delivery costs 4 euros so order all you want in one go! We loved the glass elevators with a view of the outside as you go up and down! Its also near the Avenida de America station where you can take a bus and be in the airport in 20min for about 2 euros.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Thought the hotel service was very poor
    • Space Club by Zaha Hadid

Well to start with we were told we could catch an airport shuttle to the hotel ( when we booked about 3 months ago ) and once at airport we searched for meeting point , then waited for a little while , then rang hotel and asked how long it will be only to be told "they don't do shuttle any more ". Then once we caught a taxi to the hotel , taxi wasn't allowed to drive up to front door so had to park on street and we had to walk up. No big deal but not great service from hotel and strangely when we got to check in we were actually asked if we'd caught the shuttle, even though we'd spoken to someone from the hotel half hour before telling us it didn't run any more. Strange. Then we were told breakfast started at 7.30am the next day and we were leaving the following morning at 7.15 though. Seriously ? What hotel starts breakfast that late ? Every other hotel I've stayed in generally starts breakfast around 6.30. Any way instead of a full buffet breakfast which was included and we obviously paid for , we were offered a take away coffee with pastries. So poor. Getting to our space club room was quite different and also the room was quite well done and interesting with the space theme but only 1 power point worked and that was in the bathroom so we had to charge our phones , laptop etc in there. Room was interesting but overall a poor experience.

Room was very different

Loved it!
    • Space Club by Zaha Hadid

I would suggest to use separate lifts for guest staying at the hotel from people just going to the late club to enjoy the night as this could be easily done.

Excelent - Friendly and helpful staff. Interesting - Every floor seems to be a new experience, it makes you want to come back. Original - It is something we’ve never seen before.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Amazing first experience at a 5* Hotel
    • Deluxe Room

Liked the facilities. Room was very clean, staff very helpful and lovely. I liked how we could pick what floor we stayed on. There was a great atmosphere in the outdoor bar area. Gym was equipped well with the necessities for a standard work. Very high tech equipment which I had to.figure out how to use but got the hang of it. Bed is super comfy and the views are amazing. Very secure and has a safe in the room which is free to use and is spacious about to fit a dslr camera inside. The hotel itself is an attraction, if you enjoy photography and have an interest in architecture this hotel would be amazing for you. You are able to see all the different floors and their designs. Breakfast was amazing! Good coffees, selection of foods for all meat lovers and vegetarians. Big varity of fresh fruit! It was amazing and delicious!

The design of the bedroom is amazing.
    • Deluxe Room

The location is quite far from city centre. The gym is very small. Lack of swiming pool.

The design of the bedroom is amazing. The bed was very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Good hotel in Madrid
    • Deluxe Room

I took 2 showers during my stay, just one day, and one of them with cold water (hot water only worked for 3-4 seconds and stopped). Despite of I received the confirmation for extension of the check out two hours more, the cleaners get into the room before 14h and I was sleeping. There was no swimming pool

Cleanliness, staff (mainly bar attenders at the rooftop bar), city views, room design, value for money in August

Great hotel for reasonable price
    • Deluxe Room

AC unit was pushing cold air directly to the bed, so sometimes it was cold. Hotel located a bit far from city center, so consider additional Uber costs.

Reasonably big room and bathroom. Big and comfy bed. Very good breakfast. Room was clean and soundproofed. We have enjoyed our 2 day stay and will stay in this hotel next time.

It was different and unique.
    • Deluxe Room

No swimming pool, for a five star hotel not to have a swimming pool is disappointing. And the food and drink is ridiculously over priced!!

It was different and unique. Very clean. Loved the choice of bedroom.

A stay @ the arty Hotel Puerta America
    • Deluxe Room

problem with aircon, quickly fixed. problem with non working fridge, not so quickly fixed ;)

Excellent restaurant & staff, great topfloor bar etc. Excellent restaurant recommendations from reception staff. Helpful in all languages throughout the hotel, would return again. Very close to metro too.

Need some staff training
    • Executive Suite

Room service didn't take out breakfast trays and left food rotting in the hot sun until I got back at night, air conditioning doesn't cope with Madrid sun, 27c room temperature wasnt comfortable, though they did change the room.. Room service didn't give me any toilet paper.. I spoke with reception before i left.. When i came back at 2am needing the toilet.. Still no toilet roll.. Had to call down for the third time, breakfast was missing items on two occasions

Vip area nice touch, staff at the bar below were pleasent

I WAS IN HEAVEN, JUST UNBELIEVABLE!
    • Deluxe Room

There was no swimming pool, although we were told they are having that done and by this time next year it should be ready. I am definitely coming back here for my next holiday. I think the menu as well should be looked into.

The hotel is just fantastic beyond my wildest imagination. Everything for your comfort is just at your fingertips. Every floor is jaw-dropping and awesome. The service is impeccable, there is always a smile for you at every turn

The view
    • Deluxe Room

Wifi was not working and they just offer to change the room my last night at 1 am when made no sense. The top terrace is also open to non hosted people and they play Salsa with a really high volume so it is impossible to have a drink and talk with friends. If you want to stay calm in the terrace downstairs they close at 1am..really early and the security guy was really rude with us not allowing us to be there longer when the barman authorized us There is no enough people in the front desk and the waiting time for the checking-out it is too long. From my point of view it is not the top service expected in a 5 starts hotel

The view

Away from the bustle and crowd of the city but close to the...

Nothing at all.

Away from the bustle and crowd of the city but close to the train station which connects everywhere. Rooms were absolutely amazing and funky. Every floor was different and we got to choose from a few options. Staff were friendly and helpful.

I would recommend staying here and I would myself stay again
    • Deluxe Room

We couldn’t find our transfer from the airport and ended up getting a taxi. We then couldn’t get a transfer back to the airport as we were informed the shuttle bus only ran at 7,8 & 9 am then again at 4pm and our flight was at 4pm. Also when we ordered room service the kitchen didn’t understand English so we ended up with some random dishes we hadn’t asked for.

The hotel room designs are amazing and so unique. The view we had from the room was also great! Staff were so friendly and the hotel was immaculate.

Highly recommended!
    • Deluxe Room

Rather far from the old town/center, lack of swimming pool

I was amazed by the hotel from the entrance and the feeling never stopped. Very well designed, surprising, fun! The breakfasts were good, reach. The hotel staff very nice! The Observatory restaurant on 13 th floor is worth going!

Worth to experiment !
    • Deluxe Room

As for the room i had, it is not really practical when you live in it : there is no rack to put your towells to dry after use, the sink splash everywhere whenever you turn the water on, no electric socket around the bed. The service is quite slow at the restaurants downstair. As for the top floor restaurant, some dish taste too sweet for me , and lack of greens, the rice of the desert is not cooked well for my opinion.

The design of the rooms are astonishing, surprising , each floor has a different decoration theme , and you can choose your room when check-in ... The bed is very comfortable and the shower is astounding ! Buffet breakfast is gorgeous. The rooftop restaurant is formidable :decoration, view ... food is excellent, i took the "menu degustacion "

I will stay here again just to try out the other rooms!
    • Deluxe Room

It was a little far from the city so if you are out late at night you will have to Uber/ Taxi back. Not much to eat nearby but the hotel does serve good food.

If you love interior design this is the hotel for you! The room was arty and well decorated. I got a selection of different interior designers to pick from at check-in and loved the variety. Tech savvy place and is quiet without many children or noisy party people. This is a lovely, adult place to stay.

it was marvelous
    • Deluxe Room

the receptionist were super helpful. we had the chance of choosing the room, which took us by surprise. the hotel had restaurants and bars. all of them were pricey, but definitely worth the money.

A one-time experience to never forget!
    • Deluxe Room

Unfortunately both restaurant and terrace on top floor were closed for private event.

This hotel is amazingly decorated and smells incredibly good. Upon arrival we got the option to pick a floor. Each floor is decorated differently. We chose the Japanese floor. Room completely black. What an experience! Comfortable bed and all the amenities you need. Great decoration for bathroom.

If we want to go back to Madrid, the cause is: Puerta America

We didfn't find.

Fantasy, fantasy, fantasy! Creativity, creativity, creativity! Quality, quality, quality! Rooms, service, food - excellent! If we go back to Madrid, the first caouse will be the Puerta America!

Amazing.
    • Deluxe Room

Nothing. Underground station on the doorstep, Taxi rank on the doorstep. Breakfast was very expensive but then it was good at the same time.

Amazing. Worth going to Madrid just to stay at the hotel.

Not far from City center.
    • Deluxe Room

Surely, it isn't 5 star hotel. You feel yourself at regular 4 star hotel with quite old rooms, which have quite specific design.

Not far from City center. There are several metro stations around. Nice view from the bar Price

Awesome interior, great food, friendly staff, nice experience
    • Deluxe Room

The room didnt smell that fresh, and too much noise from the road in front of the hotel to open the window

Awesome interior, great food, friendly staff, nice experience

Great place to spend a night.
    • Deluxe Room

The music at the sky night bar was too loud (with just a few business men and a few couple of other people...at midnight) you could barely talk. The wine is expensive (even for a place like this).

Great place to spend a night. Beautiful rooms, good service, helpful staff etc.

Artistic uniqueness, staff need to be trained better
    • Deluxe Room

Staff are friendly but need to be way more professional for a hotel at that price.

Art and inspiration on every floor. Superb location close to both the city and the airport,besides being 2 mins from a Subway station.

Absolutely fabulous
    • Deluxe Room

Nothing to be negative about.

Everything was fine. Even a choice of room during check in. Food, Staff all great. Only a slight facility negative as they have no pool etc but all other things fabulous.

Bad experience
    • Deluxe Room

When I reached the reception, I was told that I need pay 10 euro for airport shuttle bus. Then I said from your email, your shuttle bus is supposed to be free. Then staff said okay, then it is free. Hehe. I will never stay the hotel like this again.

The breakfast is okay.

Made a change to stay somewhere quirky - where ‘character’...
    • Deluxe Room

Made a change to stay somewhere quirky - where ‘character’ didn’t mean old. My themed room was great, quite unlike any other room I’ve stayed in. Made a simple one night business trip a memorable pleasure.

Luxurious and unique with great views!
    • Deluxe Room

The rooms on each floor are designed by a different designer so on check-in you get to choose (of course subject to availability) the style of room which you would like. The rooms are very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

not far from airport
    • Deluxe Room

the value for mobey is not met . the hotel took ganrantee money on top of the actual payment that they will release after few months.

not far from airport

Very expensive
    • Deluxe Room

The air conditioning at the room was very noisy. The bathroom had glass walls and door, and the closet was open. No intimacy at all (rooms at floor 9)

The staff were excellent-

An amazing quirky fantastic hotel!
    • Deluxe Room

Everything was amazing! We travel frequently and have never stayed in a hotel such as Puerta America! Every floor has been designed and furnished by a different leading architect and designer Zahra Hadid and Norman Foster to name two You are given a choice of rooms on different floors 🙂

Brilliant
    • Deluxe Room

Being able to choose your style of room is a brilliant idea. The Spec of the room we stayed in was to a high standard, the cinema style tv was a perk that we did not expect. Great Hotel

Not recommended.
    • Space Club by Zaha Hadid

Took me about an hour to check in. The room wasn't as great as advertised (pictures). I made sure to get the suite and I ended up getting a regular room. Hotel front desk staff did not really explain the different types of rooms available. I also asked for an extended check out time and was not allowed. I felt un-welcome. The owners of the hotel are friends of mine and they aware of this. I do not recommend to stay in unless you are going to view the floors.

Fabulous design

Fabulous design

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

enjoyed our stay as usual.
    • Deluxe Room

Forgot our airport pick up but after ringing up sent someone and gave us a free upgrade and 2 complementary drinks.

Everything including breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Highly recommended!
    • Deluxe Room

The area is a little bit dead but the hotel is amazing

Very good experience

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

We'll be back!
    • Deluxe Room

Fantastic staff, fantastic hotel!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Really cool design and great beds
    • Deluxe Room

A bit out of town but good transport links

Really cool design and great beds

an experience we will certainly repeat again and again

We liked everything

The view, the comfort and silence.....

The fabulous choice of rooms
    • Deluxe Room

Unfortunately the pool was being moved which with the construction made the location very uncomfortable ..

The fabulous choice of rooms

Really cool design and friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Room

The room looks cool but not so functional. The location wasn't that convenient.

Really cool design and friendly staff.

Different design on each floor very cool, restaurant and...
    • Deluxe Room

Surrounding area isn’t great, need robes & slippers in rooms!

Different design on each floor very cool, restaurant and bars are great

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

They serioulsy should look to get a Pool and mybe think...
    • Deluxe Room

They serioulsy should look to get a Pool and mybe think about their pricing in the Bar's.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

fabulous

absolutely everything !

Room was very good, bed was comfortable and the food was...
    • Space Club by Zaha Hadid

Room was very good, bed was comfortable and the food was great

The themes of the hotel.

The location.

The themes of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Amazing breakfast, the room design is something to be seen!
    • Deluxe Room

Amazing breakfast, the room design is something to be seen!

The interior design and decoration

Disorganized and to many flaws for a 5 star hotel

The interior design and decoration

The design.
    • Deluxe Room

No Coffee machine or Water Heater in the room.

The design. Each floor with unique design

Hotel design

No free parking they charge 4 euro for each order you request from room service

Hotel design

A great hotel close to the metro and airport. Would stay again.
    • Deluxe Room

Every floor had a different design

Every thing just fine and you feel like home

Every thing just fine and you feel like home

The theme of the room and the bed window
    • Deluxe Room

The bathtub didn't release water

The theme of the room and the bed window

Lovely Hotel, a lot of character
    • Space Club by Zaha Hadid

Kept on banging our heads on the beds headboard because of a miss design.

Lot of character, rooftop bar was amazing. Great for couples.

Shuttle Service could be way better. I got an upgrade in my room as compensation.

Shuttle service

Room design

Hotel Puerta(Amazing) America
    • Deluxe Room

The taste of the breakfast option was amazing. The artistic architecture of the hotel was impressive

Great value and great staff, perfect way to finish our trip to Europe
    • Deluxe Room

Breakfast standard high, quality ingredients and was not cheap compared to other hotels similar priced

The staff, The room, The design
    • Deluxe Room

It is a bit far from the city centre

The staff, The room, The design

Was good for a busy traveller...a different experience.....the bath was great in the geodesic room

Should have a pool

Very cool theme rooms

Very Nice - This is not my first time in this Hotel - Is my favorite Hotel in Madrid.
    • Deluxe Room

Swimming pool was removed instead a nice restaurant was placed.

New Hi-Tech GYM - Amazing!

Design, Fitness area, restaurant

Design, Fitness area, restaurant

Provide the shuttle bus service to the airport.
    • Deluxe Room

Provide the shuttle bus service to the airport. Comfortable and unique style room. Nice skybar

Definitely recommend this hotel in Madrid. It exceeded all expectations.
    • Space Club by Zaha Hadid

The room was amazing. Very clean and it had all facilities. A 2 min walk to the metro. The staff were extremely helpful and spoke excellent English.

EXCELLENT MODERN HOTEL