Reviews of Hotel Puerta de Toledo 3 stars

#116 of 350 hotels in Madrid

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Would stay again

All good.

Luxurious hotel with attention to detail. 10 mins walk from Latina quarter. Very helpful knowledgeable staff. Wish i could have stayed there longer. Made the tiring but wonderful hours of pleasurable touring, even better knowing i could return to an inviting home base.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Perfect hotel for a stay in Madrid

- In the future a bigger TV

- Big and clean room - Nice bathroom - Good coffee in the room - Comfortable bed - Good Service in general - Excellent breakfest

The rooms are spacious;
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was fine but there wasn't any natural yoghurt on offer. The parking space is very limited and akward to fit in if one has a big car.

The rooms are spacious; the beds, very comfortable; the bathrooms look modern and the shower is very good. The staff is very nice and helpful. All and all a very good experience.

Nice hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no kettle, no tea or coffee sticks. Our glasses in the bathroom were not changed. The walls were quite thin as we could here everything that was happening outside our room.

The staff was very nice and very quick to respond to our emails and requests. We were offered 2 extra hours to check out (genius advantage) and our request for a large bed (rather than 2 singles) was granted.

I changed room because I was not sure I was staying and...
    • Double or Twin Room

I changed room because I was not sure I was staying and second room had less, no bathtub, no coffee machine, no bottles of water, room was smaller and it cost more than the room that had all this. 409 and 769

Very pleasant, well-appointed hotel - great value
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The only downside was the breakfast. Lots of choice but really quite unpleasant no matter what we tried! My advice is to take the room only but then to simply have breakfast in one of the many excellent cafes within a few metres' walk closeby.

This is an excellent hotel, the bedrooms especially are large and very well-appointed for the price paid. We had a lounge area which we did not expect. Very good staff, very good location, very good value indeed.

Bathroom is fairly big.
    • Double or Twin Room

Decent option if you have no other. My room wasn't particularly clean (floor wasn't swept), bathroom with most amenities except conditioner. Staff was a little rude and not inclined to help (they wouldn't give me hot water for drinking to my room, or fill my water bottle - pretty ridiculous).

Bathroom is fairly big. Comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast. Decent location.

Nice stylish hotel in charming neighborhood
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing. Everything was fine.

Really nice stylish hotel in a extremely beautiful neighborhood (La Latina). Very helpful and friendly personal. Some good bars/cafes in close vicinity. Most sights in walking distance Furthermore, subway station just across the square. Will come back !!

Super recommended! Thumbs up!
    • Double or Twin Room

This guys just had one of the best beds I have ever slept in. It was huge and super comfortable (Even for someone with back problems)!. Room was very welcoming, big, and super clean. Great value for money (with no breakfast) :). Location is great, just 10 mins away from la latina. Impossible to get lost.

wifi connection is not very good.
    • Double or Twin Room

wifi connection is not very good. I was not able to connect from my room third floor. All the rest perfectly fine, especially the position! close to metro stop and university.

Perfect location. Friendly staff and comfortable bedrooms.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Beds were very comfortable, bedroom/bathroom clean and spacious. Perfectly located, close to all buses or a stroll into the centre. Highly recommend this hotel.

Short stay in a great hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The view was over a crossroads but we booked the hotel for proximity to Sala Caracol so it wasn't that much of an issue.

We arrived pretty late to the hotel due to a late flight so didn't get to spend much time in the hotel. The staff that checked us in were very helpful and even set us up with a fully accessible room for my friend who is a wheelchair user even though we didn't specify in the reservation. We didn't have much time there so didn't get to fully benefit from all of the facilities at the hotel.

We have a nice room, but the rest it was too poor to be commented.

I didnt like the breakfast. It was extremly poor. The lack of English knowledge.We

The room it was the only best thing un that hotel based to my point of view... The rest it was below the average. And the price too high for something that you didnt get...

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Not good cuz of the cleanliness
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms especially washrooms not cleaned properly everyday. The dust on the floor put white dust on our socks. Washroom was not clean and towels were just changed Dirty sheets with stain was left a few days before it was changed

Friendly staff

Football trip.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bar was closed when we got back to hotel at just gone midnight but to be honest that's only a minor dislike

Great location for the metro station was just across the road.

Good room and very good location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast food wasn't replenished quickly so I had to either wait long or give up on some of the things. But overall my stay was pretty good.

Very nice room and amenities. Shower was super good and room has good space.

Nice accomodation in perfect location.
    • Double or Twin Room

View from window but propably our fault because we want smoking room.

Very good breakfast, great location, very comfortable bed (maybe too much :), clean and spacious bathroom. Hotel in quieter part of Madrid, but still 20 minut by walk to Gran Via and 20 minutes to Prado Museum or Retiro park. Perfect restaurant behind the corner.

The room was good.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was good. Great shower in bathroom! Great location and easy to get to from the airport. Terrible breakfast, rude staff yelling at each other across the room, making a lot of noise and the "hot breakfast" was stone cold, it would have been swimming with bacteria. Don't even bother. I would consider staying elsewhere as it was so bad, the room was good but breakfast was awful.

Very good space in Madrid at the perfect hotel in the perfect location
    • Double or Twin Room

Quite a lot of corridor noise in the room. Couldn't change the language settings on the TV to English as function was locked

Very clean and modern hotel. Spacious bedrooms with very comfortable, large bed. Large cupboard and bathroom with very nice walk-in shower. Good breakfast and friendly, helpful staff. Good location within walking of most attractions.

I’d probably stay here again but the staff let us down during our stay
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a buzzing in the room that was coming from the electricity box. Reported to reception just after we arrived they fixed it just before we left.

The room looked a lot better than it did on the pictures

Good price / quality hotel close to Madrid city center
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was good. With a coffee machine in the room, it would have been perfect.

Quiet room despite being on a major road Good price / quality ratio Nice room with a large bathroom

Very nice hotel and staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff was very friendly. I asked for additional pillow at midnight and it was immediately brought to me. The personal note left on the desk when I checked in was a nice touch. Thank you.

Nice staff and comfortable room, pity that the breakfast is very poor in quality
    • Double or Twin Room

I did not like the breakfast, there was plenty of things, but the quality was very low. Sweet baked product were stale, ham and cheese a little sour. The glasses were dirty.

I did like the courtesy of the staff, they were very nice to me! I did like my room, it was clean and quite, very comfortable!

The Hotel is very close to metro station.
    • Double or Twin Room

Wifi was so bad, it did not work in the room. The hotel is not so close to the city center, it takes 15 mins to walk to the center. The woman in the reception made fun of with our special-booking request with her colleagues. But since I know Spanish a little bit, I understood everything she said. This was not nice..

The Hotel is very close to metro station.

Fantastic, comfortable hotel in a great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff at breakfast were not quite as friendly but still helpful nonetheless. Also, I had late checkout but my room key did not work after the usual checkout time so it meant going back and forth from the seventh floor to get it resolved.

The staff were very helpful and responded quickly to my emails prior to arrival. They had left a lovely note on my bed with a lollipop which was a nice touch and had also given me a more superior room. They were really helpful and accommodating. Fantastic location and very comfortable, clean rooms. Quite an easy journey on the metro from the airport.

Very cosy and comfortable bed!
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was pretty average, shower not working very well and a drain smell to greet you each morning 😟

Very cosy and comfortable bed! 😀 Lovely breakfast!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Got the 7th floor room, which had a lot of space and a good...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Got the 7th floor room, which had a lot of space and a good view through the skylight. Overall, friendly English-speaking staff, solid breakfast for all options, and good location with access to the metro.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

i was informed when I arrived that parking was unavailable.
    • Double or Twin Room

i was informed when I arrived that parking was unavailable. I had expected to be able to park :( and then I noticed at the end of the stay that the parking lot was open after construction had ceased, but the hotel did not inform me. Parking at the public lot was very expensive :( :(

Good base for business or leasure trip. Easy to reach it by metro.
    • Double or Twin Room

I had no problem during my stay.

It is close, but not too close to the Plasa Mayor or to the King's Palace. It is already in that area where people are living. I noted this place as a potential place for coming back for a leasure visit. Friendly reception, good breakfast, good bed.

The personnel at the desk was very helpful -- we'll be back!
    • Double or Twin Room

Our very quiet room provided us with a good night's sleep. The AC worked well, beds were very comfortable, the good size bath room had all the little packaged extras that you might have forgotten, and the shower with it's large shower head was perfect. To top it all, the hotel's breakfast room at the sub floor was very cleverly designed, making the guests feel they were sitting in a garden cafe, and the food choice was plentiful and tasty. BRAVO!

Everything it was just how it should be so I have no...
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything it was just how it should be so I have no negative points to speak about....it definitely worth the money you pay for...probably it was even cheaper.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Good value in the heart of Madrid
    • Double or Twin Room

Water splashed out on to the floor while taking a shower because of the half shower door.

Great value considering the super location. It was quiet in the room even though it was facing the roundabout street. The lobby was nice. The front desk staff helpful with directions. Would return here.

Fantastic in all areas!
    • Double or Twin Room

Only thing was the air conditioning seemed slightly faulty but we didn't ask about it as it was a pleasant enough temperature in the room with the window open.

The style, comfort and cleanliness were top marks. It was only 10 minute walk from the main Plaza Mayor and had the option of breakfast (which was fantastic, buffet style but all you can eat with a wide range of foods and drinks for different cultures). The staff were pleasant and discrete. If you use the hop on hop off tour there is stop almost directly outside which was beneficial. It was a great stay.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

The room was very clean and comfortable, with tiny but nice...
    • Double or Twin Room

The wi-fi is poor, quite weak and once in awhile is disconnected. Not all staff are friendly.

The room was very clean and comfortable, with tiny but nice view to the street. Breakfast was great and the location is very good.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

A good choice on the whole
    • Double or Twin Room

The quantity of breakfast food was excellent but poorly cooked and every morning the food was lukewarm/cold. The scrambled egg and hard-boiled eggs were rubbery, the mushrooms were cold, the bacon hardly cooked.

Plenty of wardrobe space, good shower. Good view of the Puerta de Toledo from our 6th-floor window. The beds were very comfortable, especially welcome after sightseeing for hours on end, mostly in the rain! I expect Madrid is a different city in sunshine!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Good value
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was not as quiet as we'd hoped, traffic (esp. emergency vehicles) and the cleaning lady were noisier than expected. I recommend hanging the "do not disturb" sign on the door. Bed was also the standard Spanish 190 cm fare, which is short for 180+ people, but it was a decent double bed, not two twins together with a gap in the middle.

The location is good, within short walking distance to a number of metro stations, and the C1 local train runs between airport terminal T4 and nearby Piramides station. Taxi was flat fee 30€ from the airport as well. City center is also very much within walking distance, maybe 30 minutes to Plaza España. Our room was beautiful, on the top floor with slanted ceiling and skylight window and a huge mirror. Everything worked well and the room was clean. Room safe was roomy enough for 13" laptop. Breakfast was OK, a little crowded on weekend.

that the breakfast had so many choices- the staff were...
    • Double or Twin Room

it was not easy to get wifi for our mobile phones-but a staff member on front desk helped.

that the breakfast had so many choices- the staff were helpful

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Great location to visit Atletico de Madrid and downtown Madrid

All was good

We booked this hotel to go to an Atletico de Madrid game and the location was perfect, as we could walk to the stadium and also downtown. The hotel is located in the middle of both points. Metro is also in the door. Room was big and confortable and breakfast very good too!

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

4 day stay in madrid
    • Double or Twin Room

Noise problems, ie door slamming, toilets flashing & traffic noise. We asked for a upper-storey room but out of 7 floors we got the 2nd floor.

Excellent location. Thanks to the staff for organising a parking space for our car in the hotel car park. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Strange and unpleasant smell in the room, Internet not...
    • Double or Twin Room

Strange and unpleasant smell in the room, Internet not working on the 5th floor. Sixth or seventh visit in this hotel and the last one, I would say...

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Good location, Overlooking major roundabout.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was all good to be fair

good location, 15 minutes walk to the Plaza Mayor and close to the ring road for moving out of Madrid. There's parking for a few cars although the car park is amazingly tight!

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Warm, comfortable and friendly.
    • Double or Twin Room

The fact that they had underground parking with direct access to it from the room. The staff were friendly and very helpful. It is also very central and close to everything with good public transport combinations if you don't feel like walking.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Excellent location, metro stop at the roundabout with quick...
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing to complain. It was a great location for New Year's Eve there!

Excellent location, metro stop at the roundabout with quick access to the city centre (2 stops) and about 50 min to the airport. Enjoyed the quiet room which was spacious with a very comfortable bed and very generous breakfast each morning with fresh fruit, bread etc. Will definitely stay again at my next Madrid visit :)

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Best hotel in Madrid in term of location, staff and services
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff at the reception and the bar were amazing, I had an issue with my Wifi, every one tried to help. Frank at the reception went out of his way to assist me.

Great value for money hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

-Shower flooded bathroom -Bed quite hard and double room has two singles. -no tea and coffee in rooms.

-Good location 15 mins walk from plaza mayor. -Close to metro station. -were able to leave luggage after checking out as flight departed late. -complimentary water in room.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Great stay at the Puerto De Toledo
    • Double or Twin Room

hot food for breakfast was cold , brought this to head staff attention but he ignored me and walked away, luckily there was a micro wave to heat it, this was unfortunate as the breakfast array was very good

we were made very welcome by reception staff on our arrival, the beds were very comfortable and the twin room ample size for two people..the bar downstairs was nice to sit in and have a drink after a hard days shopping.their is a cafe next door to the hotel and the food was great.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

The upkeep and promptness.
    • Double or Twin Room

Mashed eggs in breakfast was too bland. Could taste better

The upkeep and promptness. I asked the hotel (through mail, about 2 months back) to set the room up with flowers. They did so. No other hotel in my trip did

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Puerta d Toledo is my prefered hotel while staying in Madrid
    • Double or Twin Room

There're a few glitches on the rooms, but the overall price-quality balance is very good.

The location a 5 minutes walking distance from the center of Madrid and with a Metro a 1 minut is perfect. The hotel staff is always so polite and friendly.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Room was nice, cleaned and cozy, bed very comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was nice, cleaned and cozy, bed very comfortable. location is very good too, is possible to walk to city centre or very comfortable to reach everything my metro, which is in front of hotel. really nice hotel for this fare

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Ideal venue for old friends to meet and explore the city.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Although variety of choice of food at breakfast was good it was always cold. The bar didn't remain open late.

The location of the hotel was great.It was near city tour bus stops and within walking distance of many sights/popular areas/museums. Lots of tapas bars nearby. We had room on the 7th floor which was spacious and well decorated as was all the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Taxi's available outside and metro nearby.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

great breakfast, 20minutes to the althelic marid home...
    • Double or Twin Room

sound can be easily heard outside the room

great breakfast, 20minutes to the althelic marid home stadium, average room,walk distance of 10minutes to a lot of good restraunt.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Easy walk to old centre.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was on a low floor with no natural light. However, a very good breakfast.

Clean, modern rooms with plenty of lighting. Large bathroom with ample toiletries. Liked the breakfast, scrambled eggs really tasty. Easy walk to a main square and opposite a metro stop. We had a room on the top floor with a view over rooftops to the cupola of a church.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Great hotel in nice localisation
    • Double or Twin Room

The only two small details I found as "minus": 1. Floor in bedroom is made of stone, so it's quite cold in late autumn months (probably the same in winter and early spring). 2. The hotel doesn't offer any fitness facilities.

The localisation of hotel is great - 10 min walk from La Latina i 20 min walk from Plaza Mayor. Metro station - Puerta de Toledo is opposite the hotel. Around object are a some tapas bar and caffees. On the ground floor is located very nice tapas bar and nice, big lobby. Staff was very friendly, nice and helpful. They can store your baggage after you check out. It's good idea to choose breakfest option - is not very expensive, but very good and tasty. The room wasn't very big, but comfortable - big bed with fresh beddings, TV, safe, fridge. In bathroom - fresh towels, cosmetics. The place is gay-friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Overpriced

Overpriced

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

No WiFi, nice room
    • Double or Twin Room

WiFi doesn't work which is unacceptable. Surroundings are a bit noisy.

Good price for the type of hotel and location.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Nice bedroom.

Window didn’t open.

Nice bedroom. Great staff. Comfy bed and pillows

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Very clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very clean. Modern. Very comfortable bed. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Madrid is a beautiful City the Hotel was excellent
    • Double or Twin Room

I like everything I had a great few days enjoy everything about it perfectly situated taxis right outside and very reasonable

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Nice and convenient place
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything is good. I had a little had time log into the wifi. Others are good. Staffs are friendly. The room is clean. The location is convenient.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Super all of that!

Shower was very hot!

Super all of that!

We change our 2rooms for 1 junior suite with no extra cost.
    • Double or Twin Room

Parking place very small.

We change our 2rooms for 1 junior suite with no extra cost.

Nice and nice

Really really nice breakfast and very clean

Made to feel very welcome & the staff were extremely...
    • Double or Twin Room

Made to feel very welcome & the staff were extremely helpful

Excellent choice for city tour. Great value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Expensive breakfast, window only opens a few cm

Perfect location, very comfortable room, great bathroom

Comfortable and relaxed

Shower a bit erratic c

Staff very helpful and friendly. Location superb. Coffee just right sho

A very enjoyable stay with excellent receptionists/front desk personnel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bed was comfortable and the room had no defects

A place to stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The window curtains in my room was transparent

Very good, relaxing.

Insecure WIFI.

Toileteries, room design.

Great hotel and great value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

It was clean and comfortable, actually better than I expected from the pictures. Great artwork everywhere too.

Comfy bed.
    • Double or Twin Room

The kept running out of plates and cups at breakfast. There were 6 jugs of milk, but no labels to say what type of milk was in each.

Comfy bed.

Lovely place with nice clean rooms!

The breakfast bar. I got sick :(

bed was super comfy! Slept well!

We went to Madrid to celebrate 90 years of marriage with friends who live in Spain. 45 each

The weather

It was well located and just right for purpose

Well looked after
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Lots of added benefits, coffee pod machine, toiletries (toothbrush, razor), large room, very clean, bar/cafe in foyer. Very close to metro.

Super comfortable beds and wonderful rain shower.
    • Double or Twin Room

Super comfortable beds and wonderful rain shower.

Wonderful location, so close to the city center, buses, metro station.
    • Double or Twin Room

Noise level outside was high

Bathroom was a little dated but the bed was very comfortable.

Browse Hotel Puerta de Toledo traveller photo gallery