Reviews of Puertobahia & SPA 3 stars

Avenida de la Paz, 38, 11500 El Puerto de Santa María, Spain

#8 of 19 hotels in El Puerto de Santa María

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

the location with great sea view, great beach and close to old part pf el puerto just a train stop away or bus or walk, easy access to jerez cadiz san fernando and also the ferry/ cat which you can get to cadiz or rota , great area to visit, know it and love it first time at this hotel, service was good at dinner with very good prices, we booked half board, evening buffett was well presented and cooked , drinks were fairly priced, a bottle of house vino for 5 euros, Breakfast was very good loads of choice, only let down on are last day when there were more people, by the slow coffee machines.

• Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool was only open for an hour, you had to pay extra to put a hat on when you enter the swimming pool and you had to pay extra for the spa facilities which were not worth it. The hotel itself is huge but with very uncomfortable beds and very small rooms. Not suitable for my family at all.

• Double or Twin Room

The only downside was that since we were there off season, many of the restaurants around the hotel were closed. We did, however, find a nice bar to have a fino and a nearby restaurant.

This is a large, modern hotel in a holiday stretch of beach area. We stayed one night on a visit to Andalusia. Our room had a view of the pool and partial view of the ocean - clean, quiet, and comfy bed. Breakfast was fine - large buffet. We did swim in the pool a bit even thought when we were there the weather was a bit windy and chilly. Reception was efficient. Free Parking.

• Double or Twin Room

Had booked a double bed and was given 2 twins . Booked with bath was given a shower . 😞. Good thing was we spoke with hotel manager and was sorted out quickly .

Bed good , bath was excellent !! Extra pillows wifi connection excellent . Coffees and drinks very good price . Premises where great. Parking available at hotel front !! Lifts working fast . Breakfast was sooo nice and real orange juice!!! Lots of viriety even lactose free and gluten free products . Thanks Soundproof rooms . Aircon and size of tv was good for the room size . Has a fridge and all rooms have a balcony .

• Double or Twin Room

Be careful if you have early appointments your stay like I had. Breakfast starts as late as 8am which isn‘t noticed anywhere on the website. In my case I couldn‘t enjoy it once. However, the management insisted to charge me for the breakfast with 15 Euro/day because it had been pre-booked via booking.com. Several discussions and friendly support from the booking.com help desk didn’t change their mind. Finally, I had to pay. Crazy enough I just booked breakfast BECAUSE of my early appointments.

Close to the beach. Clean and quite comfortable rooms. Free and quite fast WiFi.

• Double or Twin Room

Good inside, but if you want to have choice: where to eat, what to see - you do not have much.

This is a large hotel should be busy during season. Rooms are clean, bed cloth, towels - everything new. Free wifi for as many tools as you like. Pool, and small spa area inside. We've drove by to stay for the night - and have nothing to complain about. Only it is a deserted area and neighborhood - nowhere to go outside. Empty beach and couple of tiny cafeterias.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

A vegetarian alternative would have been welcomed at dinner, also a wider range of vegetables.

Very good breakfast. Very helpful and friendly staff. Location was perfect as trains and buses were within walking distance so we only used our car on alternate days when we wished to travel further afield.

• Quadruple Room with Sea View (3 Adults + 1 Child)

Not all staff were good at speaking English and check in information was limited, but when we needed more information we were able to get help. Not the friendliest of staff though overall.

A great location right next to beach, large outdoor pool, good buffet breakfast and dinner. Good size family room. We visited in low season but can imagine would be much more lively in the Summer. Great base to visit Cadiz & Jerez from.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

When checking in, I was informed that the room I had paid extra for (larger room, more beds) was not available and that they had no more rooms. I asked the receptionist if I could speak to his manager, and he refused. Even refusing to provide the managers name. I decided therefore to call Booking.com customer service, and when I asked for his name, he literally removed his name badge so I could not see his name. Terrible and very rude, even insulting at times! Juan Manuel Simo - he is not deserving of a job in the hospitality sector. Despite this, Booking.com advisor helped me out, and called the hotel, and magically a room was found, and available immediately. So despite the earlier problems, I checked in and was hopeful the rest of the stay would improve. The beds were very uncomfortable, they had been overused, squashed, and uncomfortable with dips making sleeping almost impossible. The room was dirty, with 3 calls to reception going completely ignored. The bathroom was tiny, and the TV did not work. At least, the terrace had a good view! Breakfast the following morning was quite disappointing, the only highlight of what was on offer was how good the toaster worked... In summary, I'll mention this is the first and ONLY negative review of any hotel I've ever stayed at. This hotel is not one I could recommend to either my friends, or my enemies! The Management needs a serious wake up call, as a good location does not make up for rude and insulting staff such as Juan Manuel Simo! As a final note, I asked to complete a "reclamación" complaint form. I was given one to fill out, yet no manager was ever there to accept it from me or sign it (which is required to be valid!) therefore, they are actively trying to avoid any complaints handling procedures, either internally or even legally! BE WARNED!

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

you can hear evrything through walls, problem with water in the shower - temperature was chaninging constantly, bed was not comfortable

hotel close to the beach, sea view is beautiful, very nice and various breafast, fast wifi, clean and modern rooms

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The fact that in the bathroom was dirty. We have found hair in the bathtube And this was enough to create a sensation of iritation.Also the schedule of the spa center.... from 10-14??? Is no one to enter there.!!

The location, the breakfast- good value for money, tasty

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Fellow guests on our floor were Spanish mature but very noisy and could not hold a conversation without everyone speaking at top volume . Ear plugs were a must use at night

The breakfast was of a high standard with a chef in attendance to supervise , our room had a balcony with a sea view that made the warm afternoons a pleasant time , plenty of safe parking was a bonus during our four day stay .

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I didn't like the size of the room nor the first person I talked to at the reception desk. I arrived, spoke and gave him my ID, he said Passport please. I explained that I didn't bring my passport this time. I stayed there a month prior, in which I presented my passport. I assumed that since they had it on file, I wouldn't need it each time I stayed. I was wrong. lesson learned. I explained that I lived more than an hour away and it didn't make sense to drive back, get a passport and return. I advised him to cancel the room and refund my money. Another receptionist stepped in and handled the situation. I paid for sea view and got a sea view, on the first floor with limited view and a room smaller than normal. My prior stays were all outstanding. I am in no way saying this is the norm. I was asked to provide a review about this say, not the previous stays, and this is the result.

great location. very close to the beach.

• Double or Twin Room

Having to pay for the use of hot tub or sauna was very surprising since it wasn't in the spa area.

Upgraded room with a beautiful balcony view. Helpful employees.

• Double or Twin Room

Just perfect. very quiet, nice seaview, and easy to going everywhere. people like me can go there Just by taking the bus No.3 from the pullman station.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The rooms are sadly not well insulated and so you can hear people in neighbouring rooms go to the toilet, conversing and walking around if they are inconsiderate enough not to remove their shoes, which my neighbours here unfortunately were. When designing a hotel don't you think noise insulation should be high on the agenda? It astonishes me that it's not no.1 or 2 on the list, but it's sadly obviously not. Some guests (children) were running up and down outside my room on Boxing day night after midnight. No control from their parents. Not the hotel's fault though. The promenade here is only about half a mile long. The other side of the Guadalete inlet (where the old town is) has a much longer promenade for cycling on. So you have a choice; this hotel in Valdelagrana for fast access to the train station or a hotel on the other side which has the charming old town and the catamaran to Cadiz.

The hotel is a 10 to 15 minute walk from Valdelagrana train station or 35 mins from Puerto de Santa Maria train station. Valdegrana station is 1 stop (3 minutes) from Puerto de Santa Maria train station and the fare is 1 to 2 Euros. From Valdelagrana station cross the main road and walk straight down the side road which is Avenida de la Paz. The hotel is on the right, about 100m from the promenade. You'll pass a small Dai supermarket on the way. Don't be tempted to wait for a bus in Puerto. I did and it took 2 hours. You need to catch the no.3 (from the correct bus stop!) but it has to be the one with Valdegrana on the sign on it. There are various other no.3 busses but frustratingly they don't go to Valdelagrana. My advice is to get the train or a taxi (about €6). The hotel is fresh and quite posh looking. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Check in was quick and easy and I received a €2 voucher for the thermal bath. Rooms are adequately sized, and having a sea view balcony is certainly a bonus for relaxing on with a bottle of €2 cava from the supermarket. The bathrooms are modern, with a wet-room type of shower. There are wardrobes, a safe, a large TV and a mini bar. The hotel rents bikes out at €5 for a half day and €10 for a full day. All the pavements have safe cycle paths on them. I didn't eat at the restaurant (dinner is €20) I ate at a few places outside the hotel. Tapas dishes with a small wine costing around €2.50 to €3 each. I walked to Puerto old town and it took 45 to 50 minutes. The old town contains churches, shops and restaurants and is picturesque. It's a long walk, or you can always hire a bike from the hotel and cycle there and back. Don't confuse the quaint old town with the area near Puerto railway station which is lifeless, soleless and has streets full of trash and dog mess, both of which a great number of Spanish people unfortunately seem uninclined to pick up.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The breakfast was below average. We even skipped it sometimes as the food was neither fresh nor tasty.

Very nice hotel in a rather quite location. Amazing views from the balcony. Spacious room, nice little spa and fitness room. All in all a very comfortable and relaxing hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

Hard beds but balcony with great sea view; we were there in November and very few restaurants and pubs open nearby, also fairly far out of town and all the action, we booked there because of indoor pool but it is very small

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The woman that ran the spa bookings and pool entry was super hostile toward us. You have to pay extra to use most facilities which was not mentioned. The use of swim caps was mandatory and the pool hours were very limited (apparently due to classes I never saw going on). It would have been nice if the pool was available for longer stretches. The breakfast buffet was extremely crowded in the mornings and there was a couple mornings where we couldn't get coffee due to long line ups.

The location of this hotel is perfect. Right on the beach. We had beach side rooms which had amazing views. The spa in this facility is wonderful, the spa staff was amazing. Had a fantastic massage and pedicure.

• Double or Twin Room

outstanding staff and wonderful location. I arrived at the hotel and the service was outstanding. Parking is plentiful. The hotel is located minutes from the beach, a perfect place for an early morning walk.

• Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

I can only recommend this property even in summertime even in wintertime

Fantastic seaside view, comfortable room, close to the beach and bars restaurants, easy to find. Spa is an additional option for a reasonable price depending on your needs

• Double or Twin Room

Beautiful location next to the sea.. at night you can here the waves while laying in the bed. Beautiful big rooms.. woul recommend the hotel to everybody!

• Quadruple Room with Sea View (4 Adults)

The bathroom could be renovated. Teapot in the room would be a nice option. Stuff is mainly not English-speaking and it's challenging to communicate if you don't speak Spanish. Indoor swimming pool is opened only during limited hours and is not allowed for minors under 6 years old - this information is not provided to you unless you come with kids and try to enter. Otdoor pool is closed since 1st if Nov together with the normal dry playground for no reason, so in Nov period there is no place for kids to play at.

Nice place if you are in adults company only and don't expect much. The view and the beach are great, the place is perfect for walk lovers and for ocean admirers. Breakfast is good and rich for decreased out-of-season price

• Double or Twin Room

The only negative would be the location. It is on the opposite side of the river to the main town. It is a 30 walk to the town centre. Having said that you can hire a bike (and there are ample bike lanes so its safe) and the hotel is near the bus routes so you can get into town.

The hotel was outstanding. Modern design and clean. Gym is small but well maintained and open 24hrs. I would be very happy to stay there again.

• Double or Twin Room

The walls were paper thin - we were constantly woken up by neighbours' loud snoring, or drunken guests banging doors in the middle of the night!

Good beachfront location, and is next to a number of very good local restaurants. Large car park which was free for guests.

• Double or Twin Room

Long queues at the reception if a big group is checking in/out

Clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone touring andalucia by car. 30 min drive maximum and you can reach cadiz, jerez and jerez circuit, the pueblo blancos and relax at the spa at the end of the day

• Double or Twin Room

The pool bar/ restaurant was not open as it was low season , we had to get dressed (from our swim clothes) and walk into town to eat. Some people had all inclusive and would have to dress to go into the hotel bar every time they wanted a drink! The shower in both rooms we had run hot and cold alternatively without moving the control which made showering difficult.

The swimming pool was wonderful big and clean. I never once had to return cutlery for not being clean!

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast- no any veg (salads, peper, tomatoe, lettuce - in Spain???) Didnt like juices at all - too sweat , no good quality... Limited time for spa, you have to book steam room and sauna...

general hotel ok, lovely view , room clean, good lunch,

Some of the bar staff seem to favour the Spanish. Could do with some entertainment in the evening.

It was in a nice location. Good selection of food. Friendly staff.

Can't think of anything

A very comfortable hotel and friendly helpful staff. We needed help on booking train tickets late one night and the member of staff on reception booked it for us. The location is good for walks and beaches and taking a short boat ride to Cadiz

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The staff were all very helpful, the pool was lovely and for a 3 star hotel the facilities were all good. A very Spanish resort, we may have been the only English there - and that was fantastic for us!

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

there is a problem with mosquitos, on the walkway and around after dark. seems that the locals know this because we could smell lots of citronella while on our walk which turned into jog to get away from the bugs.

Good location on the beach, hotels is clean and modern. the area has many restaurants and shops within walking distance. I was very hot when we were there and not recommended to walk around is that heat of the afternoon.

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel beds were very hard which we found uncomfortable. No pool towels! Not even to pay to have for the day, which seemed bizarre. Reception staff were very 'Traditional' in their attitude - made you feel you were doing them a favour.....bit of a Spanish cultural thing! The bar area has no atmosphere at all....not that it matters as 2 minutes out of the main door there are lots of bars and restaurants. Hotel directions are not good - one postcode for the entire area...Sat Nav useless! It is perhaps 2kms outside Puerto Santa Maria

Location is amazing! This small area has a 'strip' about 1km long with plenty of restaurants, coffee shops, bank, pharmacist - all you need. The beach is stunning (hotel is on the beach) and huge plus the area is surrounded by a nature reserve so fabulous walking in the early morning. The pool is the best hotel pool ever - in size, location - you get the breeze from the sea, plenty of sunbeds - Uncovered Parking is available and seemed secure. The hotel and its grounds are very clean & well maintained

• Double or Twin Room

The parking is very, very tight and somewhat limited for the size of the hotel but parking near the beach is always limited...

Great location on Beach. Helpful friendly staff but you should understand a little Spanish, you are in Spain after all. The food in the hotel restaurant is good served buffet style with lots of choices. The pool is outstanding, large, clean and organized activities. There is also great restaurants and shopping near by.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast was..horrible. The worst I have seen. I don't understand why they do not improve it. Very limited, bearly no fresh fruit, only bacon and fried eggs in tons of oil. You get the smell of fried food the moment you enter the hall. No options for vegetarians. Also the pool works only from 11 am until 8 pm.

The room was specious with a great view, very clean and with air conditioner. Staff was polite and efficient.

• Double or Twin Room

We had been driving all day so it would have been lovely to be able to make a cup of tea/coffee in our room. However there were no facilities in the room to do this. But all in all it was a great hotel and I would return if I am ever in the area.

This hotel was right near the beach and was very comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

The variety of food at the buffet was not very good and could be of better quality.

Place was very clean and staff was great. Very good location if you want to go to the beach and also shops and leisure very nearby. Beds were comfortable and nice size room for us. Lady at the Spa was very nice and helpful. I also had a massage and it was great. Pool area was great and very spacious.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Nothing really. If you use the spa then you'll need a silly hat to go in the pool, but this is quite standard for spas in Spain.

This is a big hotel. Despite its size, check in and check out were efficient. I had booked a sea view room and wasn't disappointed. The room was clean with quite air-con and English channels on the TV (not always available in Spain). I ate out at an excellent Galician bar near the hotel so can't comment on the food.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Quadruple Room (4 Adults)

The hotel is rather big, hence many people taking breakfast at the sane time(this was beginning of June!), big choice of food for breakfast (even Spanish 'champaign') but the food quality is a bit lagging behind.

Very good location - a right on the beach, nice big pool, nice spacious rooms.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Not enough time there to make that judgement.

Flying visit only to attend the Jerez Feria - nearest location we could get. Hotel is right on the paseo with a good range of restaurants and a very interesting ecological area which we wish we had more time to explore. A tranquil spot at that time of year.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

We missed having tea/coffee in our room. Lack of English languages beside Spanish language on leaflets etc, as well on notice boards.

We love the location, right by the beach, nice fine sandy beach and very clean. The Spanish were lovely and friendly. The swimming pool is excellent, spacious and relaxing.

• Double or Twin Room

Pool only open from 10 - 7 so no morning or evening swims. Long way from main town and bus stops at 10pm

Close to the beach, good area, good breakfast and buffet evening meals. Comfortable room but limited sea view. Had good area tours available from the hotel at reasonable prices

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Not much open around the hotel in May. Probably gets a lot busier in the summer months. There aren't a lot of activities or sights close by besides the beach.

Nice place for a relaxing stay. On the beach. Or room had a little balcony with a view of the beach.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Black light switches in the dark are hard to find. The obsession with twin beds is weird. Not too many food options off-season.

The terrace was outstanding. The breakfast was quite good. The folks were very friendly. Nice family place.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The food was not great Breakfast milk was off, only scrambled eggs Chef would not make me an omelette

Bar and garden was nice Room was comfortable

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Staff not friendly (apart from bar man and chambermaids) lack of information Resort a bit soulless (my fault for not researching better)

Sea view. Nice pool

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Considering we we were half board the menu was very limited and food was cooked very poor , had the same food everyday and was quite often lukewarm. Very noisy last 2 days with 150-200 school children arriving, diner was supposed to be between 8.15 to 10.15 but by 9.30was stone cold and hardly anything left

The rooms clean and tidy , staff were generally very helpful, view from room was excellent

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Shower went from cold to boiling with out warning, noisy door slamming, tvs to loud, when we were there it had a party of around 80 kids, the hotel had no control over them the noise was horrendous, the eating area was buffet only not good for us

Room, bed , location. Bar price was very good

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Unfortunately children could only go to the indoor pool at certain times so we couldn't go as a family. The first day it was very crowded at the children's time and I really regretted booking this hotel and would have likes to cancel the second night. On the second day when there were less people the woman on the desk at the pool let our daughter in at another time with us and she really enjoyed it. We wanted a double bed but got 2 singles and a camp bed for our daughter so the room was very cramped The cleaning women talked very loudly in the hallway from 7am !!! The hotel was badly insulated for noise. We didn't think the hotel was good value for money ( paid 90€ per night without breakfast).

Close to the beach. We booked the hotel because of the indoor pool.

• Double or Twin Room

Scrambled eggs are floating in grease. A rather small bathroom, at least in my rom. For bigger persons it might be a bit too small

Rooms comes with a nice view over the sea or the swimming pool. All rooms have air conditioning. Breakfest is good (except the scrambled eggs). Is a national holiday hotel, so mainly Spanish people. In this period, it was also full, because of the Moto GP in Jerez.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Some of the spa facilities had to be paid for. The timing of the spa seemed to be variable.

The beds were somewhat hard. Lovely outdoor pool which was a little cold, early May.

• Double or Twin Room

Paper thin walls terrible noise level

Very nice location, nice lobby and room but noise level was unbearable. Wall are paper thin and you hear everything from the room next door

• Double or Twin Room with Spa Access

The beds are too small...I opted for a large bed but rooms with these are very scarce...it's a lousy promise during the booking process. The breakfast was too full with people with non working coffee machines which, if they work are slow and produce horable coffee! Too many crying kids also...

Location....close to the beach.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Unfortunately for us the hotel was let down by an unfriendly and unhelpful barman and , for a hotel as big as this they only had one type of white wine available at the bar, and according to my wife ,it was very unpleasant , Also quite a distance from the main town ,

Room with a view .yes . spa facilities excellent, reception staff helpful and pleasant .

• Double or Twin Room

Rather noisy, as rooms are not very well soundproofed Door of the room stuck a bit and only opened with force. Shower basin felt it could give way any moment. False ceiling in the corridor had a large hole provisorily repaired by stapling a piece of white cotton sheet over it. Breakfast restaurant was very large but rather chaotic, due to the many guests.

Large hotel, lots of facilities, close to the beach.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Small indoor pool

The outdoor pool was not open the indoor pool extremely small for the size of the hotel the rooms were smart clean and well equipped

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

the only downside was every morning we were woken in the early hours by loud music not sure where it was coming from (hotel or maybe nearby beachfront)

Great location and very professional, helpful staff

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The breakfast was good; the hotel is very close to the caves, the main local attraction. Easy to reach from highway. Nerja can be reached in 7 minutes.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Big hotel - was off-season so quiet - clean and tidy - room had balcony overlooking the beach and bay - very pleased with it - good simple plentiful breakfast.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms were good and view to beach great to wake up to each morning. Ideal for reaching the dock to catch the hydrofoil into Cadiz. Very quiet as one would expect for February but plenty of places to eat and drink

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Spa Access

We booked the spa, which had limited hours, as did pool. The spa was nothing great- a nice sauna and steam room, but the jacuzzi was just luke warm.

Located right on a beautiful beach, nice indoor pool, great open lobby with spaces to play games, etc.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The walls are a bit thin, and you can hear everything the guests next door are saying. They all talk very loudly, and animatedly, too, pacing and hitting the walls with their hands. I just turned up the volume on my TV to let them know I can hear them, as much as they can hear my loud TV. Thank goodness they usually lower their voices down after that.

The views of the bay and the city of Cadiz in the distance are amazing! The staff are very attentive and very pleasant. You can hear the soothing sound of the waves hitting the beach very well. The hotel location is really great, with bars and restaurants just outside. The city put so much money into building very nice walkways for people to meander by the Playa Valdegrana beach. I saw I lot of joggers and walkers with their pets on the beach. In the wintertime, the temperatures are so pleasant--just cool enough for sweaters, but not at all hot.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I would have liked to have had access to the spa. I went in October and the spa was closed by the time we got back from town. Won't be the case if you're there in the summer and on a weekend though.

Very nice hotel, great facilities, great location plus good transport links to visit Cádiz and other surrounding cities. Very nice buffet breakfast. Stunning views and a beautiful beach!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms are not very sound proof, we could hear a lot of noise from the next room and people on the corridor.

The hotel is on a beautiful beach and the pool and rooms are great.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

We booked AND PAID FOR a double room with a sea view. On arrival, we were given a twin room overlooking the car park and told the hotel was full so there was nothing they could do. The next day, we were told a sea view room had become free, so we swapped. On the last day of our stay and WITHOUT ANY PRIOR NOTICE we were charged an extra 90 euros for the room swap. Firstly, they only swapped us into the room we had booked in the first place so there should be no extra cost. Secondly, we spent a night in the wrong room and had to move all our bags on the second day (all their fault) so if the price was any different it should have been LESS and not more. Thirdly, we were never informed at any point that the room change would cost extra. They just presented us with the charge on the last day. A rip-off, and the hotel wasn't all that great anyway.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Food choice was OK, but not of best quality. We ate there in evening and food was just warm not hot. As end of season little choice of eating out locally.

The location was great. The room adequate for three.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Convenient location of the hotel, the beach at five minutes walk, an excellent breakfast, spacious balconies with good view. Good staff, chef. Attentive and professional staff Spa, thanks for good vacation.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Our room had an adjoining door to the room next door - we could hear the people in the other room (even when they were in the bathroom) We asked to move but the room they were going to give us was tiny and smelly. Our room was not clean - dust bunnies everywhere and ants crawling on my luggage. The food in the buffet was not prepared well. Did not have the ambience that you would expect in a beach side hotel. Most guests were part of an "all inclusive" package.

Free parking. Across the street from the beach. Outdoor pool with lifeguard.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Very noisy hotel, sound reverberates down corridors, and from outside, if you sleep with balcony door open. Ask for room overlooking rear of hotel as Spanish groups gather outside front door and talk loudly - easily heard on 4th floor. Smoke from smokers on their balcony also easily enters room. Machine made coffee and tea for breakfast are both awful

Modern style, nice bedrooms, good bathroom and shower, good breakfast choice

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

staff not helpful, speak very little English, had two rooms as had to move from first one then second one was over run with ants decided to check out 2 days early had had enough

• Double or Twin Room

Although we booked a double room, we got an extra third bed, which was taking up a lot of space. Old and noisy air conditioning in the room. Very crowded restaurant in the morning – around 9:30 it was difficult to find a table for breakfast.

Close to a fantastic beach with few nice restaurants / bars in the neighborhood. Plenty of private parking space available. Decent rooms with nice bathroom.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Not many restrurants are open at this time of year along the front. The ones that are only have menus in Spanish nothing in English. But it's a lovely location for the beach, and 10/15 mins from Cadiz in the car.

It's location right on the beach is great. The hotel is spotless we had room 410 a fantastic sea view and fab room size.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Leaving at the end of our break.

Happy hotel with friendly staff,good facilities and nice food. Location was good between Cadiz and Puerto de Santa Maria. Free parking was really useful as the hotel is close to the rail station.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Same breakfast every morning. The eggs were powdered and runny. I prefer fresh coffee, not out of the auto machines. The orange juices, also came from the machines. The bed felt like I was sleeping on springs. It was not comfortable and very squeaky when you moved or rolled over.

View of the ocean from my balcony. Able to walk the beach and eat at the close restaurants. Center location to other towns. Staff was helpful. Pool, spa, and beach. WiFi.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Clean and modern beachfront multi level hotel complex Great views over the beach and across the bay to Cadiz. Good free carparking. Large swimming pool. Friendly staff.