Reviews of Quatro Puerta del Sol 4 stars

Sevilla, 4, Madrid City Centre, 28014 Madrid, Spain

#200 of 327 hotels in Madrid

• Double or Twin Room

The room was dusty , the wall in the bathroom looked like wasn't finished , The whole look of the hotel was cheap and so overrated for a 4star hotel , It's definitely need a restoration.

the location

• Double or Twin Room

Alright, so I dont understand why on earth the architect of this hotel decided to not put a door in the bathroom. It's so insane that he thought it was ok to listen to each others business in the toilet. We had to send each other to the lobby in the morning. Not sexy at all. The first room we stayed in (Got moved because the wifi didn't work - got moved to the penthouse with a balcony big plus) but the first room was suppose to be 22 kvm2 but it was so narrow that it didnt seem that way at all.

Location, location, location. This place is beautifully placed in the middle of madrid. The bathroom is a good size and lightning is good. Didn't do the food or any other facilities.

• Double or Twin Room

Room was awful just thrown together . Worst breakfast I’ve ever had in a hotel . Really horrible. Would only recommend for location

The location was great

• Double or Twin Room

I have nothing to complain about.Very

I found the staff friendly and helpful especially Andrew(his English name) he took time to help us even when he was busy.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is rated as 4 stars but really just makes it to 3 stars. Our room although clean was very tired looking and the bathroom is below 4 star standard. The A/C system did not cool our room and I felt uncomfortably trying to sleep

Good location and value for money breakfast. Wifi worked well

• Double or Twin Room

Mattress a bit too hard for me.

The location is excellent. Breakfast buffet is very nice. Served til 11am. Amenable staff. 24 hr front desk. Excellent shower/water pressure. Room size not too small (I've had super tiny in Europe) room was comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

Room fairly small but we didn’t spend much time in it as so much to see . ( could not complain as rate for room was excellent )

Small comfortable hotel. Pleasant & helpful staff. Breakfast excellent for the cost. Pastries too good ..... so light that we ate more than we should. Location was perfect. Everywhere we wanted to go was within walking distance. Price for accommodation amazing in comparison to where we live. Will return again & will recommend it to friends.

• Double or Twin Room

Lighting was poor in the room. The building in front of my room was under construction so there was no way to take a nap afetr a long trip and before going to dinner. The heating system is complicated as well.

Location: close to Sol and most Madrid highlights like Gran Via , Plaza Mayor...

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms were not ready when we came and instead of city view we got construction view.the lady on reception when we had to chech out was raising her voice and was quite rude which I found unacceptable(she was working in the morning shift 6th because lady who met us-another shift-was very nice and helpful).if property can't provide me my request ,for my understanding of customer service , you have to explain and apologize BUT NEVER RAISE YOUR VOICE.....I have travelled a lot and this was first time when reception was screaming at me.that was a very disappointing end of my stay.

Rooms were clean and the receptionist who met us was very friendly

• Double or Twin Room

The "spa/pool" area is outdated and not very inviting. Lighting and atmosphere make it more a public swimming pool. Also the opening hours 10.00-20.00 are very limiting.

Very friendly personal who went out of their way to make my stay perfect. Thank you!!!

• Double or Twin Room

Room was comfortable. Large bathroom. The balcony would be an added feature during the warmer months (we were there in January). Large and varied buffet breakfast options.

I requested room for smoker person, but they said they cancelled all smokers room without any previous information, also the reception employee was nit good.

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms are too small and bathroom has a glass door that does not even close completely! It would have been better to have a more privacy when using a toilet or bathroom, fortunately the glass door was not completely transparent but it was somewhat mat.

Location was excellent, staff very helpful and breakfast good.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is absolutely far from being 4*. It's a normal 3*. Glass doors in the bathroom/toilet - crazy idea, no privacy.

Staff is supper friendly, Roberto was very helpful. Location is fantastic. Price is good. Good breakfast for eight euros.

The guy at the reception (dont remember name but had beard) on 31st Dec 2017 was too serious to greet us, probably our faces were not that good looking or something else, may be his mood being bad. But you cannot greet customers at your hotel like this. PERIOD. he was also there on the day of my check out on 1st Jan'18. Same face. Service was fine but with a serious looking face. Small thing but the hotel should focus on such trainings of customer service.

A little slow in email communication. But manageable.

Excellent location. Heart of Madrid. Just book here. All eateries and restaurants are close by. Overall value for money.

• Double or Twin Room

maybe rooms should be slightly bigger, but i don't know the other room size. I booked the cheapest option though.

The hotel is well located just few steps from the metro station. Reception all is spacious, well furnished and decorated. The room was not very big but with all the necessary comforts and the bathroom instead was bigger than "normal" with a tub/shower which I could use to relax after a day of walking in the city. Big flat TV and well furnished mini bar. The colours of the room were very "energetic" with red and black as main colours. it was a good stay.

I would have preferred a larger room with more comforts provided such as larger pillows and a larger bathroom. We really spent very little time in the hotel. The parking lot fees are very high.

The location was excellent. We booked three rooms for the family. Two of the rooms were good-sized. Our room was small- really only just big enough for a bed, a table and one chair. The bathroom was also very small. We did not use the dining facilities at the hotel because there were numerous excellent restaurants within walking distance. There was no coffee in the room. Parking lot across the street.

• Double or Twin Room

Although marked as 4 star it is somewhat old and it shows in the rooms. The rooms are also rather small.

That is was really in the center and you could walk to a lot of places of interest.

• Double or Twin Room

The mattress is a tad hard to be honest. Thet bath room has a glass (not see through though) door and can't be really closed so real privacy is out the door.

Great location, nice hotel, nice rooms.

• Double or Twin Room

Our first night was a noisy one as Saturday seems to be out drinking etc. night for the youth of Madrid.

The location - right in the middle of the beautiful city which we would recommend to anyone. We were very impressed with Madrid.

There was nothing we didn't like about the property

We liked everything about our one night stay at Quatro Puerta del Sol! Beautiful and comfortable room, great location, helpful and friendly staff , comfy bed, delicious breakfast. Really nice spa bath too!

• Double or Twin Room

There is construction in progess next to the building. This should have been notified at the time of reservation.

The location of the hotel. The staff were always helpful giving information when asked.

• Double or Twin Room

opening for breakfast earlier, 6:30am rather than 7:00 am, specially if your flight plan is early

The room was comfortable and spacious, good size restroom. Location was excellent, walking distance to Puerta Del Sol and area restaurants. Value for the cost was fine and within expectations. Staff handle my requests without hesitation. I would recommend and stay at this location again.

Rude stuff who wanted to keep our passports to enter info on the computer while we would be away. Who leaves their passport with anyone? Their copier was broken.... no apology offered. There is a frosted glass door to the bathroom that does not entirely close. No privacy if you share the room with someone else. Mattresses were very hard for me.

Location, although there is on going construction across the street which creates a lot of noise. Not a place to sleep in if that is your plan.

• Double or Twin Room

I booked 2 double rooms, one with 1 double bed and the other with 2 single beds, and they were totally different, the one with 1 double bed was TOO small and it had the same price as the other one, nothing to do with the pictures showed in Booking.com. I had the confirmation of an Airport Shuttle from Barajas Airport to the hotel for 4 adults and 3 or 4 pieces of luggage but NOBODY came to the airport to pick up us.

The breakfast and the location

• Double or Twin Room

The mattress was REALLY hard. Like a board hard. Room was really small.

Staff was nice and let us in to our rooms early. Shower pressure was ok and did get hot. Air conditioner did work.

• Double or Twin Room

Lack of tea making equipment but that is to be expected in Europe.

Hotel Quatro is located in the centre of Madrid, close to two metro stations, though most places are within walking distance. There are plenty of restaurants close by to choose from. The room was spacious with adequate storage and the bed comfortable. Well equipped bathroom.

• Double or Twin Room

There was a small amount of cosmetic damage to the bed frame and the view from the room was of a construction site, but we weren't there for the view from the hotel room.

The location was great, the staff were always extremely helpful, and the hotel had a pleasant quiet atmosphere

Construction next door.

Staff is really nice. They help you a lot. My only problem was the construction next door and their noise. It was like an alarm clock. Other than that nothing wrong with the property.

Wifi was good. Location is very good. Near two central metro stations. Breakfast is average. You can try breakfast places nearby instead if you need a strong breakfast. But I did not need it.

• Double or Twin Room

The bed was a bit hard, and the bath didn't work properly. When I took a bath, the thing you pull down to change between shower and bath kept popping up, so I kept getting sprayed by the shower. Also, there was no cold water in the shower. It was warm and hot but no cold water.

This hotel is located in the absolute best part of Madrid, just above Puerta del Sol and down from Plaza Santa Ana and Huertas. Also a close walk to Gran Via and Chueca. The receptionist who checked me out was very friendly, and he gave me a great tip to take the yellow bus to the airport. Almost as fast as a taxi and much less expensive.

Nothing. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Arturo and staff were great. I left my wallet and they emailed me before I knew it was gone! 👍🏻❤️They got it to me to my next hotel. We will be back. Room 706 is the best. It has a full balcony and many windows. Best value for the money and perfect location. 👍🏻.

Nothing of note.

Great location in Central Madrid, close to restaurants and close to underground station. Quiet comfy room met our expectations. Good value breakfasts. Polite and helpful staff.

• Double or Twin Room

We would expect a coffee & tea facility in the room in such a hotel. There is no kettle or coffee machine in the room. The hotel has to consider to supply this facility.

I've stayed in the hotel for two days with my 20 years old daughter before dropping her to Salamanca for summer school. We enjoyed the hotel. The location of the hotel was perfect, room was good enough and hotel staff in the reception was very kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Air Conditioning did not work very well. Would not recommend any room on floor 1.

Good tourist location. Had problem with first room and they took care of it by moving me to another room.

• Double or Twin Room

Bed bugs!! My partner woke up each morning with several fresh bites. Upon further investigation we found that this issue had been highlighted to the hotel in reviews before but dismissed by them

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Layout of the breakfast room - not very ergonomic

The reception staff were excellent, very knowledgeable and helpful. They also spoke very good English.

• Double or Twin Room

The facade and front door look outdated and decadent, but once inside it is very good. There is one single elevator and waiting time is long.

Friendly staff, large and confortable room and excellent wifi. Location is great.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

nothing really, the cleaning staff is a bit loud in the morning

central location close to all attractions. good wifi , clean and comfortable. breakfast is 7 euro and is diversified.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Ill fitting glass door to bathroom - lack of privacy. No curtain for floor to ceiling window over bathtub. Cleanliness could be improved on. Curtain lining in bedroom shredded and armchairs stained.

Friendly staff and good location.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The shower needs updating - it had very low pressure and was quite old-fashioned, was not enjoyable. Also breakfast was served far too late - the earliest breakfast was at 7:30am - quite inconvenient for business travellers.

comfortable bed and pillows - pleasant temperature, good breakfast. Absolutely fabulous location, couldn't ask for better.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The room service wasn't totally nice because we discovered somebody's hair in one bed while it was just a first night after we arrived. And also the view from our window was at the construction site, so that wasn't really nice.

The location of the hotel is very comfortable. Hotel itself is very nice and clean. Staff is very friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The staf was helpful and very friendly. They gave us good recommendations for restaurants and for the best place to get "chocolate con churros". The hotel is in a great location and the rooms are clean.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

i reserved a twin double room and was confirmed by booking and when arrived it was not available and we were given a handicapped room

the location , the space of the room and the space of the athroom

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is nothing fancy, I mean the rooms are OK, but if I have to choose one more time for my family, maybe I will select another room or another hotel. We got a room with kind of strange layout, very corner type which does not feel so homy. But well my family survived there as at least the rooms are clean. It could definitely improve the comfortability of the beds, which it could be felt the springs and sounds.

The place itself is very well located. One step away from the city center, shopping malls and other sightseeing places. I have to stay that looking at the price and location it worth a lot on that sense.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast wasnot that good as expected. A bottle of water in a room would be nice, specially if you arrive late.

Location was excellent and room quiet. There is a renovation work on the other side of the street. It didnot disturb us but it might cause some noise on weekdays Some noise from corridor already early in the morning by cleaners.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

A bit noisy at some corners, there is a bus stop 5 meters away. Don't seem a 4 star hotel, in my opinion it's only 3.

Location is perfectly close to Sol. Some decent shops and coffee shops around. Heating system was efficient. A couple of staff members were friendly, others weren't. Easily accessible, taxi in less than 5 minutes.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Coffee machine or maker was missing in room or in reception. It was limited only in break fast room till 11 am. I guess inclusion of this facility will add extra comfort to guests.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

bad breakfast.....rare staff.....chinese receptionist brought me special taxi to airport which costs 40 euros..........normal taxi takes max 30 euros.......i need to make an official complaints against her and taxi driver too....

only location

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Staff were super helpful- the taxi driver dropped us off with suitcases in the middle of Puerta del Sol. I called the property and they not only helped with directions, still a bit lost, someone came to meet us on the street, took the luggage and walked us to the hotel! In addition we had a lovely room. Bedding was VERY comfortable. Breakfast was a great spread.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Air con sporadic so room very warm at times could have done With some draw space! Lighting in room not very good.

Breakfast really good plenty of variety, cold meats and cheese, fruit cereal pastries cooked very nice. Hotel location spot on!

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The room was very small (not even enough space for one's suitcase) and as the hotel located on a busy street - quite noisy.

The staff, especially Arturo (one of the best receptionist we've ever met) were wonderful and so patient and helpful !!

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Room was comfortable, good breakfast and above all very helpful staff which mafe our trip excellent. They were helpful in all aspects achieving game tickets to a game

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

THE VIEW WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD ABOUT BUILDING WORKS OPPOSITE THE HOTEL BEFORE BOOKING,BED NOT COMFY

LOCATION STAFF VERY HELPFULL, SHOWER ROOM EXCELLENT BUT NEEDED SHAMPOO?

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent service from the staff, especially the reception staff were absolutely top class! Perfect location for when you like to walk round the city centre.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Double single use

Careless housekeeping/cleaning No complementary tea/coffee and water boiler in the room .

Location, friendly staff, spacious room and bathroom

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The pillow was too small and low.

The hotel has a good location. It's very close to the Puerta del Sol and Museo Prado. And other things. The staff is very friendly and try to speak your language. The room is good.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

the room is very small, between the bed and the window there is only a very little space; there was only drapery (not other lighter curtain), once we opened it everyone could see our room from the building at other side of the street (max 4-5m wide) which is strange; the bed is not so comfortable and there was only one bed side table due to the roomsize (i assume); the bathroom is a bit out of age now (find some mildew too) all together it was fine for a 2 days trip. I wouldn't recommend it for longer stay (at least not the second floor's streetview room).

Great location, few steps form great places and from the centre, next to the Sol metrostation. helpful receptionists. Best place to stay for a few days Madrid trip.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The noise from the work being done on the building near the hotel. Can't sleep in

Great location. Right in the centre of the city and within walking distance to Plaza Mayor and alot of the main attraxtions

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Attitude of the personnel was disgusting. At the check out time, it took nearly 30 minutes and taxi was waiting outside. When we attempt to take our luggages from the "secret room", the man in suits yelled at us and kicked our luggages. It was a shame of humanity.

Good location.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I asked in advance for twin beds and they gave us one small double so I had an awkward night sharing with my friend. While the location was good, the quality and style were not worth the cost.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Double rooms are not very large. Not a huge number of facilities for a four star hotel. Carpet looks a little tired in room

Excellent location and room relatively quiet from street noise given where it is. Staff helpful

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The airconditioning in the room was no match for the tropical temperatures during our stay, leaving me without any sleep in a 28 degree room at night.

Fantastic location in the center of Madrid, a reasonable breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms are different shapes and sizes, but you won’t know what you get until you arrive. This is only a minor point in an otherwise excellent option.

The location couldn’t be better – just a few steps from the Puerto del Sol, in the direction of the Prado, Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, and Parque del Retiro. The breakfasts are good value for 7€, and the rooms are clean and comfortable, with all the expected basic amenities, and a small refrigerator.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast can be a bit better. Americano coffee would have been good

Great location, helpful staff, decent room size. Im Pretty happy with this hotel for all it offered

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The room i got was relatively small but enough for four nights. The carpet was outdated and a bit dirty. The bathroom was fine. The room was missing an electric kettle and a possibility to make coffee or tea.

Excellent location near Sol close to all attractions. The hotel's small but chic. Great staff, very friendly and help with anything, from explanations of how to get to the different sites to different tips how to divide the time and the trip. I asked to check-out late because the flight was at night. Allow me till nine with a affordable price. Special thanks to Arthur, Emilio & Sarah for their help. Breakfast is good but not varied enough, every day the same.

• Double or Twin Room

The bed was very hard, furnishings need updating.

Staff at the hotel was very nice.

Excellent location!

• Double or Twin Room

location was excellent, very friendly and helpful staff

• Double or Twin Room

Close to everything and the staff were knowledgeable about the area.

• Double or Twin Room

The bed was small and not so comfortable

Very well located, staff corteous and helpful

• Double or Twin Room

The mattress was hard. Never enough floor space when you are trying to live out of a suitcase.

The room was quiet.

• Double or Twin Room

The bed was amazing and even though the room was quite small, it was clean and cozy.

• Double or Twin Room

air condition not working properly

place very convenient and central.

Browse Quatro Puerta del Sol traveller photo gallery