Reviews of HCC Regente 4 stars

Rambla de Catalunya, 76, Eixample, 08008 Barcelona, Spain

#303 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

Rumbles in Plaça de Catalunya 🙈
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

No drinking water in the room & it’s a 4 star hotel! No tea coffee facilities in the room! Beds are very soft and little padding not very comfortable. Rooms are not modern decorated & very out of date. Swimming pool is very small not a swimming pool more like a square area filled with water to step into when too hot - you can’t even swim a width. Very expensive for the facilities provided. I think Melia hotel in Sagrada Familia is better!

Breakfast Selection was great! Late check out was great! Good shower

It is a great location but unfortunately rooms are noisy if...
    • Double or Twin Room

The walls of the rooms are very thin you can hear your neighbor speaking

It is a great location but unfortunately rooms are noisy if someone is taking a shower you hear all the water sound

Great location!
    • Double or Twin Room

No coffee or tea makers in the room, with the terrace it would have been nice to sip tea and watch the night sky.

We had an upgraded Terrace room, super nice and great views. The staff are super helpful and friendly. Highly recommend if you are looking for a location that is central to touristic areas.

Recomendable Hotel definitely.
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

There was a family that was making a lot of noise one day, I got really irritated because I was jet lagged but out side of that it was very good.

I liked the location very much, it was very easy to walk to the top touristic places, close to casa Balto, great restaurants and you could also walk to the Rambla and the Barrio Gotico which is great to spend time.

Nice clean room, good wi-fi, perfect location, great terrace
    • Double or Twin Room

No treats for my birthday is really weird for 4* hotel, although my friend asked them several times and each time they said something like "i don't know"

Nice clean room, good wi-fi, perfect location, great terrace

Would highly recommend
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel is spotless, staff are friendly and it is situated in a brilliant location. You are right in the heart of restaurants and sight seeing attractions.

Not so goos as expected.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bad sound isolation. Bad smell throught the window, because bellow was the kitchen. Very very slow lift. Terace was closed during it working hours.

Goos location, easy close to everything.

Good location, bad service

poor service. Waited at the bar for my friends. No one there to take my order. Toilet flush was broken. Told them at the reception to get it fixed or give me another room. They said they will send the technician but no one fixed it.

Great location, right on Las Rambla. Still quite a walk to the sea front but still very nice.

I enjoyed it, and would stay here again.
    • Double or Twin Room

The television reception for some channels was poor in my room. The one coffee I had, in the bar, was pretty ordinary.

This does not pretend to be a 5 Star hotel, but for its price, at its level, I thought it very fair value - at least for my purposes. It is well located, staff were friendly, and very helpful.

Pretty good, wouldn't have classed it as 4*.
    • Double or Twin Room

Didn't appreciate being woken up by bar staff telling us he had forgotten to put one of the items on the bill!! Always seemed to have to wait ages to speak to a member of reception staff.

Rooftop bar area.

Staffs were nice and friendly.
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The bed was not comfortable, there was no duvet. We could hear clearly when the next door was flushing the toilet, in the room if you don't speak in very low voice you can hear echo.

Staffs were nice and friendly. There was no kettle provided at the beginning, after my request they provided a kettle for free. The location was great.

excellent location, but could be better if the receptions had better information about the city.
    • Double or Twin Room

some of the receptions were not good in english, also they were not aware about the places and public transportation of the city.

good place for eating and walking. excelent location

Great location, amazing staff, and comfortable room

No complaints

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the HCC Rengente. We had a large, comfortable room with a mini bar. The bathroom was clean and stocked up with products for us to use during our stay. The Rooftop was a lovely place to sit with a glass of Cava with a small pool to take a dip to freshen up. It didn't take long at all to get from the airport in a taxi and cost less than £30. The staff were so friendly and accommodating. The location was great and within walking distance to a lot of great places. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay there again.

Great location, lovely accommodation
    • Double or Twin Room

We couldn't find any tv channels in English, only Spanish, so we couldn't enjoy any of the movies etc on.

Fabulous location right in the heart of central Barcelona, close to lots of shops, eateries and public transport options. The reception staff were friendly and helpful too.

Best Barcelona Experience and Stay.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Nothing, I had an excellent stay.

The service provided at the desk, especially the gentleman. He was very patient, friendly and supportive. Best information staff!!!

The room, for three people, was incredibly small and we were...
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The room, for three people, was incredibly small and we were tripping over each other the whole week. We also were facing a wall when we looked out our window. The service staff turned off our air conditioning each time we were not in the room, and one of the maids took my art museum member card and we had to go get it back from her.

Loud: badly isolated rooms, you hear clear when people talk...
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Loud: badly isolated rooms, you hear clear when people talk in the hallway and close/open doors, old (incl smelled like an older hotel), tiny and dark rooms. I left the hotel after one night.

Top choice for Barcelona City Centre
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Breakfast doesn't start until 0700, so if you have an early start for the airport (or like us, for the Moto GP), you won't get breakfast. The swimming pool is VERY small (no more than a paddling pool), but the hotel is very good and these are minor things compared to the overall high standard.

Very clean hotel; they clearly have their housekeeping staff well trained. The hotel has a good roof terrace, with excellent views of the city and a bar that opens in the evenings. The swimming pool is VERY small, so don't expect to be swimming lengths! The location is perfect, on the Ramblas and close to Passieg de Gracia train station, shops and restaurants. The Torres restaurant is just around the corner and we would recommend this for an excellent meal. Overall, an excellent choice for a city break in Barcelona.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Worth every penny
    • Double or Twin Room

The view from our room could have been a little better, as we were placed in a room whose view was directly at another building, so we couldn't see the city from our room. But I'm sure most of their rooms have better views.

I appreciated how close the hotel was to the main part of Barcelona, but you couldn't hear all of the outside rush. The rooms were also sound proof which was great for our midday naps.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

We love you Regente Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning would have been nice and, although the breakfast was lovely it was very expensive.

The pool was particularly welcome after a hot day. And the beds were very comfortable!

view from the top of the building
    • Double or Twin Room

on arrival the reception staff did not serve us straight away and continued on their discussion even though there was no queue. we had to wait about 10 mins.

view from the top of the building

Great location! But there are other 4 stars hotels in a great location as well
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

The service at the reception: a 20 mins check-in is definitely not acceptable. It should only take 4-5 mins, which was not my case and not the case of other clients as I could experience and see. The decoration of the rooms: With little changes, it could look much better. It was dark colored, old fashioned without taste and depressive, it was really not to my taste/not nice at all. The pillows were super uncomfortable and I have now a problem with my neck that I have to fix with an osteopath back home. The extra 15 euros charge so that I could have a bedroom (not standard) with a window viewing outside rather than on a wall!! Imagine how horrific this is. I remained under the shock when I happened to know that. I saw later on internet that the hotel management explains that there are people that like to have a bedroom facing a wall so that it is quiet!!?? You have to be joking. All these negatives made me think that this hotel is very lucky to keep its 4th star and I wonder why. Maybe for its location. I will not go back there and will not recommend it to anybody.

The room was reasonably big and I had a balcony. It was clean as well. The hotel had a pleasant roof top terrace with a nice view and very quiet. There was a tiny swimming pool as well so I imagine in Summer, it is refreshing. My room was quiet, so I slept well. I appreciated the easy access to the wifi system. The fantastic central location and the easy access. The friendly staff at the reception.

Miserable lodgings in a great location
    • Double or Twin Room

Booked and paid for a double bed, was given 2 singles and told 'it is not possible'. Things didn't improve from there. Roof terrace locked, miserable bar, jaded room and stoney faced staff.

Excellent location

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Phone was not working in the room, we had to go down to the reception to order coffee early in the morning. Additionally, housekeeping was unavailable after 10 30 pm and the receptionist appologised for not being able to provide us with an extra pillow.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Location is good.
    • Double or Twin Room

The carpet in the room has a damp musky odour and the room is dim. Air conditioner ..water dripping from the air vent in middle of the night on first day.

Location is good.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Nice stay after Cruise.
    • Double or Twin Room

The beds were the most uncomfortable I've been in for a long time.I requested a wake up call and never received one, thankfully I woke on my own in time for my flight.

The location to the great and easy to walk to a lot of places.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Excellent location and polite staff
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

We asked for an upgrade and it wasn't a problem , rooftop terrace was brilliant my son loved it, the swimming pool and we were able to relax. Location is brilliant. There were ants in the room (not many), but we were cautious about having any food in the room therefore didn't bother us. In general we had a good experience.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Up the street from Placa Cataluyna and La Rambla.
    • Double or Twin Room

The website and reviews could indicate that this is a shopping district. There are restaurants and cafes, but no nearby supermarkets that we could find. The beds were basic but the bathrooms were quite nice.

Front desk staff were very helpful and spoke English. Hotel is right around the corner from an ATM. The location of the hotel is right around the corner from Casa Batllo. About 4 blocks south is Placa Cataluyna where there are transportation connections like Aerobus, Hop on and off buses, etc. We didn't buy hop on and off bus tickets from this hotel, but some hotels do sell them. This hotel is a good bargain for your money. You need to be able to walk a lot though (more difficult if you have a disability).

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Overall really nice - rooftop bar and pool were excellent.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Twin beds rather than a double. Very minor issue. Didn't fancy paying 20 Euros for breakfast.

Great rooftop bar and (little) pool. Nice room - worth paying slightly more to have a balcony over looking the street.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Location: close to Catalunia, but the area is very decent.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Coffee was from the jar. From 4 star I would expect coffee machine at least. No hamon at the breakfast.

Location: close to Catalunia, but the area is very decent. Closest metro stations (5 minutes): Diagonal and Passeig de Gracia Very nice roof terrace with a view. Bar is there as well. Good cava

Average

Would have liked a kettle in the room

Would have liked a kettle in the room

Great stay in Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is excellent and everything is within reach

Staff treated us with respect and highly professional

Very Happy, would stay again. Not luxurious, but v.good location
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Air conditioning was alittle loud.

Location was perfect, staff friend, price was reasonable for location.

Regente
    • Double or Twin Room

No elevator from street to lobby

Great location for walking

location is great !
    • Double or Twin Room

Roooms are to small and bedr uncomfortable

location is great !

Very good choice for breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very good choice for breakfast.

location, toiletries, and roof top terrace
    • Double or Twin Room

I would have like it to have water bottles, and a kettle for tea/coffee

location, toiletries, and roof top terrace

No plug near the bed

No plug near the bed

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Very central. Great breakfast. Efficient.

No beer in the fridge.

Breakfast was fabulous : great fruits etc. Nice top jacuzzi and terrace. Citiy center.

Good location, rooftop terrace excellent

All good

Good location, rooftop terrace excellent

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Execellent
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Very central to all the attractions. Would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Great Location

Very convenient location

Location is excellent

Location is excellent

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Stay in the heart of Barcelona

Location is perfect!!!

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Perfect location clean and very comfortable
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Not much character to the room

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

The location is phenomenal!
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast is very expensive

The location is phenomenal! The rooms are big and clean.

Prime Location
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent hotel in prime location loved it !

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Lovely hotel in a great position
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely staff, great central position

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Escapada Urbana
    • Double or Twin Room

Las habitaciones y el hotel en general son excelentes.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

The staff is wonderful
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Poor Internet, uncomfortable beds, temperature in the room is hard to regulate

The staff is wonderful

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Not value for what you get

Not value for what you get

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

HCC a group of hotel but I think organization does not want better.

Staff is not elegant

It's okay

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Felt very welcome by the staff. Breakfast was good.
    • Double or Twin Room

Booked for double bed got two singles

The staff were cheerful and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Great hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Great hotel. Great location. Balcony upgrade worth the effort.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

There was absolutely nothing to complain about so that we...
    • Double or Twin Room

There was absolutely nothing to complain about so that we will definitely choose the hotel again whenever we will visit Barcelona.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

location, pulizia, staff

location, pulizia, staff

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Great hotel, close to everything BCN has to offer
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Location is excellent, close to all the sights and shops

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Barcelona Break
    • Double or Twin Room

Comfortable clean hotel in a fairly central location . Friendly staff , roof top pool and bar and breakfast was also good

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

Entering the room, my wife's first impression was...

The room was a bit noisy. It did not have a noise proof and at 2:00 AM i suddenly woke up to the noise of people entering their rooms.

Entering the room, my wife's first impression was "The room is perfect". The breakfast was amazing and there was a wide variety. The Staffs were friendly to help and provide details. The 24hrs checkout really helped me and the cab was available at the entrance at 5:15. The location was perfect to walk to any of the Gaudi's Casa buildings. I walked from La Rambala almost everyday during my stay. Well connected to the shopping area. The room was looking the streets and I was looking at the streets. But quite honestly why do you need a view and what are you doing inside the hotel instead of being out there enjoying your Tapas and Sangria. I will definitely recommend for anyone looking for a nice safe stay. The pricing was a bit high but my over all impression would be to return here if I am visiting Barcelona again.

• Reviewed: 2 May 2016

The location is good as it right on Ramblas.

Nobody bothered to help us take our bags up to the room. The room and the corridor outside the room smelled bad. The sink in bathroom was half blocked hence did not drain water properly. No tea or coffee facilities in the room. They don't serve food on the terrace and have a weird rule that you can only have drinks on terrace after 7pm.

The location is good as it right on Ramblas. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

1) Brilliant location, ideal for sightseeing and shopping

1) The rooms are very basic (more like of a 3rd star hotel) 2) For some reason there took payment from my Euro bank card in USD despite I specifically stressed I want to pay in Euro

1) Brilliant location, ideal for sightseeing and shopping 2) Reasonable pricing policy 3) I was there at Saint Jordi day - the hotel people were so nice to put a red rose on my bed during cleaning :-)

• Reviewed: 30 March 2016

Bed was comfortable and room was very clean.

Very disappointed that there were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room. I asked if we could have a small kettle and was told there was no problem getting boiling water from the bar but they made it difficult e.g. had to wait 10 minutes for someone to be there to give you a small jug of boiling water. I believe they were charging 2.50 for a small jug of milk but I'm not completely sure about that - I wouldn't pay that for a drop of milk so just had black tea.

Bed was comfortable and room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2015

I liked the location of the hotel, good breakfast, friendly...

Maybe the hotel is a bit expensive for what is offers.

I liked the location of the hotel, good breakfast, friendly staff. The hotel was also very clean.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2015

The hotel is clean, the staff is attentive, and it is in a...

The beds (mattresses) are hooooorrible. We would be doing a lot of walking in Barcelona and that's hard to do with a stiff back and neck after feeling like you slept on, I don't know... A 60 year old bunk mattress that's hard as a rock? Also, AC in the room gets incredibly cold, or lukewarm. Water pressure is meh, so bring dry shampoo.

The hotel is clean, the staff is attentive, and it is in a very good location.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

Could not have asked for a better stay.

Lift was a bit small. Bed could have used extra pillows - but I didn't ask so no big deal.

Could not have asked for a better stay. Location was perfect - short walk to Las Ramblas but not right in the hustle and bustle of tourist hot spots. Room was lovely. We were upgraded to a room with a terrace and the view was amazing. Great value for money also. Can't recommend highly enough!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

Location was good within easy walking distance of key...

Roof terrace bar was shut for most of the time we were there. Very disappointing as the terrace is the best feature of the hotel and some lovely sunny evenings. Had to pay extra for a room with a view other than a brick wall.

Location was good within easy walking distance of key locations.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Beautiful view of the Sagrada Familia from the roof and a...

We requested a late check out and were granted an extra hour. Any longer would cost around 11 euro per hour. We also had to wait for 30-40 minutes after asking for our boarding passes to be printed or else we would have to pay around 5 euro to use the computer. These are minor issues, however I already paid an extra 110 euro to upgrade our room on arrival, so getting a boarding pass printed and late check out isn't much to ask as the availability was obviously there.

Beautiful view of the Sagrada Familia from the roof and a beautiful hotel in general. The terrace bar is reasonably priced and I personally recommend the prawn cocktail salad. It is also a 4/5 minute walk from the passeig de Gracia station which has a direct link to el Prat airport.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

Im so happy I found this hotel for a lower price than what...

Im so happy I found this hotel for a lower price than what its worth :d Perfect location and The Rom was more than I experter and The staff was so friendly and extremly helpful! The rooftoop with pool and bar was amazing! I highly recommend this hotel!

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

The staff were really lovely, helpful people.

Opening hours of pool. I like to swim before breakfast and couldn't.

The staff were really lovely, helpful people. The location was great for so many things. I'm not sure it's 4* but I don't know what makes a hotel 4*. The breakfast was a lovely cold buffet with the option each morning to order some hot food. It didn't appear to be much when u walk in but it was surprisingly easy to overeat! Lovely food. If you book the hotel for the swimming pool beware; I've seen bigger postage stamps and it's only open from 11am to 9pm. That said, the views from the roof (with bar open till around midnight) and pool are amazing!! You virtually get a 360 degree view of Barcelona (including Sagrada Familia). It would be worth taking binoculars (there's a €1 viewing telescope up there but very difficult to use). The views from the roof bar, staff, location and breakfast made this a lovely hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2015

Staff extremely helpful and friendly

Staff extremely helpful and friendly Standard of housekeeping very good. Loved the roof top terrace, particularly sitting with a drink in the evening Overall location of the hotel is great

• Reviewed: 8 April 2015

Location, comfort in rooms, Wi-Fi

Not very welcoming staff, particularly checking out. Requested prepayment for full amount or to prepay on daily basis while checking in. It may be a policy of the hotel, but I did not encounter in the hotels that I have stayed before. Breakfast was not up to the required standards. There was a terrace bar but it was not open when we checked out twice.

Location, comfort in rooms, Wi-Fi

• Reviewed: 8 January 2015

The location is excellent;

The sound isolation is a little poor: we woke up every morning around 9 am by hearing the cleaning ladies chatting.

The location is excellent; The staff is very friendly;

• Reviewed: 3 January 2015

The location on the Rambla, the friendly service and the...

There was a weird smell in the room that stayed for the duration of our visit. Seems like a problem with the plumbing system.

The location on the Rambla, the friendly service and the comfy beds. Good value for money and a great Xmas atmosphere.

There are also 41 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.