Reviews of Hotel Regina 3 stars

Alcala, 19, Madrid City Centre, 28014 Madrid, Spain

#89 of 327 hotels in Madrid

Photos of hotel were misleading and hotel is under a lot of...
    • Double or Twin Room

Photos of hotel were misleading and hotel is under a lot of refurbishment. Only one lift working and lots of noise around hotel from refurbishing room. Also in front of hotel some serious construction going on, with more noise and dust!

The hotel staff stole money from our safe and admitted to it.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Panoramic View

The hotel staff STOLE $1,000 from my purse inside the safe. When we confronted the hotel staff, they said there was only $67 which is, first, not true and second, how did they know how much money was in the purse and why were they counting it? We spent the next 8 hours in a police station. It has absolutely ruined our trip. We thought that leaving our money in the hotel would prevent us from getting robbed on the streets. The irony. The manager is apparently never there and the hotel staff refuses to help in any way.

Wonderful stay in Madrid
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was lovely. Staff amazing and willing to do anything to accommodate the guest while maintaining a very pleasant attitude. Everyone was very kind and very helpful. We love it. Would come back again..

Almost perfect ! but a bit expensive for the state of renovation of both the hotel and outdoors.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Panoramic View

If the area is undergoing renovation then the hotel should inform guests at booking, felt a bit short changed given the expense for a panoramic view suite that overlooked a construction site (not to mention the noise till 12 pm at night that was disconcerting.). Dont recc the breakfast, its okay as per hotel standards but expensive given the excellent choices around the little cafes in the area.)

Great Interiors and comfortable rooms, the location was excellent. The staff was very polite and friendly but seemed a bit business like. for some that is a good thing so, i would say it was good and we were treated very well.

Cool modern Art Deco style.

Street under construction outside right now BUT heavy duty glass windows kept it very quiet inside. Staff was helpful getting taxis around construction. Room A/C was hard to keep cool but as are most hotels in Europe.

Cool modern Art Deco style. Very nice staff. Large room for 4 people. Great breakfast! Staff was helpful finding tennis courts to take our kids.

Emirates family stay
    • Junior Suite with Panoramic View

Construction front and around the hotel area No loopy area to sit jut a-small three sofa was located next to the left. Just one small left for all the hotel, however, the other one closed. Breakfast need to increase the option for the Muslims since it has all kind of pork . No room service after noon,even if you call no answer. Nice staff in reception,very helpful, very-welcomed all the day. Even the cleaners were very smiley helpful good workers.

The room was so small comparing with photo even i choose a joiner wings but it seems room not wing.

Staff members are very helpful and ready to do whatever it...

Toilet doors Glass doors and don’t close tightly... so a bit disturbing when not alone in the room.

Staff members are very helpful and ready to do whatever it takes to make the stay more pleasant. Rooms are great, clean and confortable.

Madrid stay
    • Double or Twin Room

We were not aware that the facilities are undergoing construction/remodeling. Only one very slow elevator worked. We could hear incessant hammering all day except Sunday.

The location was excellent as was the breakfast. The facilities are clean.

Nice location but current road construction made access...

Problem with airconditioner and staff were rude about it expecting us to have complained in the middle of the night so that tech could come and fix it! We sleep nude!!!!. So they let us keep the room for the whole of the next day but then removed all our belongings anyway so we could not get back in to freshen up for the journey home!!!!

Nice location but current road construction made access difficult!

The location was awesome!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Panoramic View

The location was awesome! The hotel is roughly equal distance from the Prado and the Royal Palace. There is a mall a couple of blocks away for any shopping needs. Playa Mayor is also close. The location allows for you to walk to any major attraction or you could take an Uber for a few Euros if you need a break.

Good hotel with great location
    • Double or Twin Room

It isn't the fault of the hotel but there was heavy underground construction happening right in front of the hotel which caused noise and inconvenience. But I guess that's the price everyone needs to pay for great city infrastructure. 😊

Location was absolutely central, everything was walking. The rooms were very modern. They even gave an upgrade at no additional cost.

Great location and amenities.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location and amenities. Room was very nice and modern. There was a lot of construction going on which we were unaware of when we booked, but it didn't impede on the great time we had!

It was just ok - not great

The water pressure in the shower was ordinary. We ordered drinks in the bar downstairs and I would almost say 100% that they were watered down. There was construction works going on outside on the street which we were not informed of when we booked, they were quite disruptive and noisy. Had we known of this, we may have changed our decision to book.

It was close to the metro, the room was super clean.

Average

Had to pay a fee for early check in but still had to wait an hour for them to set the room up even though I payed the 30 euro fee. And a couple of my lights were burnt out.

Was overpriced, rooms were small and poorly laid out.
    • Double or Twin Room

Was overpriced, rooms were small and poorly laid out. Overall, we had better value at another hotel we stayed at in Madrid and the staff was not accommodating. Not able to loan umbrellas, upcharged for a room since we extended our stay. Construction in front of the hotel making it difficult to navigate. Would not recommend.

Only stayed one night.
    • Double or Twin Room

Walls quite thin, could hear next door room using the bathroom

Only stayed one night. Upgraded to a deluxe room, able to check in earlier , recently refurbished. Fantastic location, close to puerto de sol for transport.

Not happy considering the rates

The interior past the reception/restaurant area was disappointing. It was old and gave me a bad impression. For the rate I paid I would expect breakfast included, but it wasn't. Noise from the street was unbearable, I ha had terrible night. This is despite requesting a quite room!

The staff is very helpful and professional. The entrance and the restaurant are modern and well kept.

Good hotel in a very central location
    • Double or Twin Room

I think the AC was centrally controlled, and our room was too hot sometimes. However, when we asked the staff they always turned it down for us. If you’re not used to city noise I recommend taking earplugs.

Our room was very clean with big windows in the bedroom and bathroom. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Wonderful! A dream come true.

Breakfast was a bit expensive. I was content to walk down the street to a cafe for half the price.

Friendly and extremely helpful staff. I felt very well taken care of.

Great stay in Madrid
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no instructions about how the TV worked, wifi password, etc! The housekeeping staff were excellent! For the most part the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. We would consider staying there again. Did not appreciate the upsale to a larger room tho!

Was well located and very clean.

• Deluxe Double Room with Panoramic View

No refrigerator in room.. Annoying light switch arrangements. Crazy huge glass doors to toilet and bathroom.. Breakfast was busy and crowded. Major road works outside and building site opposite spoilt any city views.

Nice apples in room replaced every day..Location was central to metro and major eating areas.

When making the reservation I had asked for a quiet room.

When making the reservation I had asked for a quiet room. Upon arrival, the room I was given was close to the elevator and noise from the bar could be heard. I wS assigned another room on the 5th floor which appeared to be under construction. The last time I had a room as small was when I was in New York. And while the glass partitions attempt to make a room appear larger, glass used to enclose a bathroom can be extremely dangerous when a person is half asleep and trying to get into the bathroom in the middle of the night. Too much glass is an accident waiting to happen. I was surprised to learn that I was the only person who had ever ordered brandy. After waiting 20 minutes one of the young men running around filling other people’s orders that evening finally confessed that the hotel didn’t have a glass to use for a brandy order. I shared that brandy is usually served in a brandy snifter. Another 10 minute wait to be advised that the hotel did not have brandy snifters! I, having almost. reached a decision to give up and just go to bed, responded, “I don’t care what you put the brandy in!” Yes, the brandy was finally contained in a glass and delivered to me. I expect that none of the above is worth your attention, however, the glass issue may be worth legal counsel considering the hotel’s liability should a guest be injured as a result of running face first into glass. Regards, Rhys ,

We enjoyed our stay and would like to come again.

We would have liked thicker bedroom curtains, so that we didn't have to rely on the shutter in mornings and evenings. The bathroom door needs a lock.

Very comfortable bed. Excellent restaurant - we had dinner there twice in a 3-night stay.

Excellent location and breakfast. Little privacy in the bathroom. I
    • Deluxe Double Room with Panoramic View

The lack of privacy in the bathroom: glass doors that aren’t completely opaque nor close hermetically. We booked a room supposedly with “panoramic views”, they gave us a room in the 4th flour facing the street. It’s a nice street, but that’s not a panoramic view

Location: it’s right above Sevilla Metro station, and distance to almost every landmark point in Madrid. Excellent breakfast, unforgettable, everything was delicious, and from 7 to 11, very important the extended hours.

Stay here!! The perfect Madrid vacation!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Panoramic View

LOVE HOTEL REGINA! This place is right in the center of the city, very metropolitan and walking distance to everything you could possibly want to see and do (restaurants, cafes, statues, landmarks, Mercado de San Miguel, parks, shopping, the palace and several cathedrals). We felt safe walking around at anytime day or night because the area is so alive with people and foot traffic. The hotel itself is modern and clean. Beautiful window views if you pay a bit extra for the upgraded room, restaurant is delicious and fairly priced- there is nothing bad to say about this place!! The staff was also warm and welcoming and quick to accommodate your needs. Also easy to get a taxi to the airport (or anywhere) because of the central location (even at 7am!)

Great location only a couple of minutes walk from Puerta del...
    • Double or Twin Room

My room had no real daylight as it gave onto a shaft. Ok for a business night, but less so if you stay longer Breakfast was over crowded due to Semana Santa. Quality was fin though, but difficult to enjoy with such a crowd/shuffle to get something from the buffet

Great location only a couple of minutes walk from Puerta del Sol The design room was really nice and original. Great bedding.

It was the perfect place to stay you couldn’t fault anything.

There was nothing to dislike.

The location was perfect, so close to the main square. The staff were very friendly and so helpful. The breakfast accommodated for every nationality.

Would stay again as long as room was higher up and hopefully with a window
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room on the first floor would have been better with a functioning window, it was essentially a windowless room! the window was completely viewless, on opening it there was a big pot plant and a lot of wires, a spotlight shone all night so the shutter had to be down making the room dark so you couldn’t tell when it was daylight!

Very modern clean room large modern bathroom

Excellent location, hotel staff were extremely helpful and nice
    • Double or Twin Room

1. Very hard to find the hotel as the sign outside was not very noticeable - needs to be more visible as it looks just like a restaurant on the outside 2. There was construction work in the room beside me on my first day (i was moved on my 2nd day)

hotel room was fab. food in the restaurant was great with great ambience. Hotel staff were very nice and helpful

Clean, noisy, expensive hotel. Madrid did not find its way into my heart.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Panoramic View

Our toilet was constantly overflowing (not onto the floor) - the noise of the tap running into the cistern all night kept us awake. We asked for it to be fixed but it wasn’t. Also we asked for a quiet room and we were put into the fourth floor but it was still noisy with people on the streets below at EVERY hour of the night.

The food was delicious.

Fabulous

I did not like the view from the room because the window was between the walls of buildings and there was no light!

I’m glad I chose this hotel, first of all because it is perfectly located to everything that is tourist attractions, it is a modern hotel and the price of the room is fabulous for what it looks like.. Inadvertently and in a hurry to go to the airport, my husband and I forgot the money in the safe.. we realized this aspect after all the controls and passed into the duty free area of ​​the airport .. We had an hour to embark, while we called the hotel and explained that I forgot the money in the safe , and Mrs. Laura at the reception desk proved a professionalism that I rarely met..the same thing I can say about the gentleman who was instantly sent by Mrs. Laura with all the sum that was in the safe! in today's days, few people are correct and helpless to help instantly! Thanks to them we have recovered our money and we have not lost the plane, and that's why we thank them from the soul! Thanks to the professionalism of these people, we will return to this hotel on the next occasion!

Fantastic location, staff and accommodations.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was fantastically made, but a bit firmer than we like, but that is a personal preference that is impossible to accommodate.

Fantastic location, staff and accommodations. When in Madrid I would stay again. The staff cleaning the lobby each day was polite and efficient. Very nice.

Below the average, expensive for what it is but well located...

The place is being renovated and half of the building isn't working. The "free wifi" only works close to the lobby and the answer of the staff is that maybe the router was moved... They changed me the room three times in a 4 nights stance. The First room was dirty (tissues with blood, hairs), the second doesn't have absolutely nothing of wifi signal ans the third was extremely small...

Location. The hotel is very well located close to the downtown, subway, restaurants, etc. The hotel looks very modern and chic, but not excessive fancy. The staff was normal, sometimes they help you, sometimes not too much. The renovation in the hotel is a real problem...

Excellent location and trendy vibe
    • Double or Twin Room

The Wi-Fi connexion and general phone coverage was very bad in our room (415). The room was very cold when we arrived but it was easy to adapt the temperature, and the cleaning lady gave us an extra blanket (it would have been great to have it in the room from the outset).

The location is excellent, walking distance from museums and the entire "old town", and there is a pleasant general vibe in the restaurant and lobby, where the atmosphere is lively, trendy and young. Staff is excellent, always present, friendly and helpful. They can easily arrange transport to/from the airport. Bed very comfortable, room very quiet (the downside of this was its complete absence of daylight, as the window overlooked a dark internal patio with scaffolding. Perhaps when works end it will be lighter).

Great location, nicely updated and an incredible staff !! Do go there!!
    • Double or Twin Room

From the time that we arrived to the hotel from our long flight from Chicago, the staff could not be more accommodating . They understood that we came a long way and were able to get us into the room right away at 11:00 am. Also, a couple of days after our check out we realized in another city that we had left our iPad, called in the hotel who was able to located , the day after it was send and received at our current destination as promised. A great example of what customer service is supposed to be often forgotten these days. We will for sure be back.

I would book again in a heartbeat, and plan on booking at this hotel if I ever go back to Madrid!

Nothing! Overall fantastic!

The breakfast buffet was really good (although personally I do not eat meats and they had a large selection), their pain au chocolat and general cakes and pastries section was excellent. The room was spacious, new, with good lighting and bathroom. The staff (at the reception desk) were unbelievably friendly throughout the visit. The hotel lobby is also the hotel restaurant which I really liked because it meant that the hotel always had a certain buzz and liveliness about it, which is always lovely. The location was superb to all main touris points, with lots of great cafes nearby too.

Perfect Stay in the Heart of Madrid
    • Double or Twin Room

Be careful when you're trying to find the hotel on the street as the signage is quite small and it looks more like a restaurant at first glance.

Hotel Regina's staff started us off with a very friendly and personal attitude. They checked us in quickly (and early) and showed us directly to our room. The room was spacious and very comfortable. Throughout our three night stay the staff remained very friendly both at the reception desk and in the hotel bar and restaurant which you must walk through in order to get to the reception and your room. The hotel is very centrally located to Plaza Puerta del Sol as well as metro stops. Highly recommend this place and will certainly stay here again.

Overall good - very good , well located Hotel with very friendly service .

An additional lift , most time decided to use stairs .

Nice quite room ,very comfortable mattress and pillows . Warm and welcoming reception . Good breakfast .

Freeze your vacation away
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was absolutely freezing. The temperature would never go above 21 celcius/70 fahrenheit, even though it was in the middle of winter. The staff tried to put their key into our room so that the heating system would run 24/7, but it failed to work. The bathroom floors are made of stone, which would feel like ice when you walked on them. Getting out of a shower was even more painful as you suddenly felt like you were placed in a fridge. The walls are also paper thin so you can hear everyone outside your room. The second floor seemed to be one of the less cared for locations due to the "inside" facing rooms. When you check-in, be aware that all the staff try to upsell you on rooms with a view or breakfast packages.

Clean, modern space. About a 10 minute walk to city center.

Fantastic hotel in perfect location with great atmosphere in a wonderful city
    • Double or Twin Room

There were renovations going on while we stayed there but in fairness they weren’t too disruptive

Fantastic central location Lovely decor (we were upgraded to a superior suite on check in) Very comfortable bed Quite futuristic features in our suite example see through or private glass in bathroom Rather challenging figure out the shower but worth it when you do Fantastic restaurant excellent food Great bar, Angel is one of the best bar person I’ve ever seen All round highly recommended

I recommend Hotel Regina
    • Double or Twin Room

Although we were offered a room with a view, it was more expensive so we didn't take it. It wasn't a big deal but the room faced an air shaft with tons of dust so the windows couldn't be left open. Construction was going on at the time we stayed there. Again, it didn't bother us but it would have been nice to have been told at the time of booking that it was going to be disruptive.

The bed was incredibly comfortable, the location was excellent, the restaurant and bar seemed busy although we didn't eat there.

Fab
    • Double or Twin Room

Paid extra on arrival for a deluxe room. Well worth it as this faced on to the main street. Hotel is perfectly located for all Madrid has to offer and is right next to the Metro. Will definitely be back.

This is such a great hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The window in the room looks over a wall. I didn't mind but not for claustrophobic people and not a lot of natural light.

This is such a great hotel. It's nicer than any 3 stars hotel I've ever stayed in and nicer than some 4 stars.. Staff is super nice. Design is great. And location is amazing! Gran Via is 4 min away, a few metro stations are 5 minutes away and many restaurants around. Lobby looks really fancy. Great toiletries

The staff was incredibly nice, I wish I can remember the...
    • Double or Twin Room

It took us a good while to find the hotel, because the name of the hotel was written in smaller letters compared to the restaurant name on the main door, which was quite confusing. Although we got a free upgrade to a room with a terrace, which was absolutely amazing, , the size of the bed was uncomfortably small for two people who are not a couple. Also, I don't know how things are in Spain, but am used to having kettles/coffee in all the hotels I went to without any extra charge, that would've been amazing to have in the lovely terrace.

The staff was incredibly nice, I wish I can remember the name of the girl who checked us out so that you can thank her on my behalf, she was very nice and helpful. The location was more than amazing, everything that we wanted to see in Madrid was at a walking distance from the hotel which saved us a lot of time.

8 days business

Not much! Room Service was not an obvious option

Fast free wifi Newly refurbished room Comfy bed Hotel/Bar/Rest has lively buzz to it! Nice staff with good english Brilliant location for tapas bars!

Very good

Very modern facilities however bathrooms has no doors, wall between the shower and room are glass, so you can see the person taking a shower. I don't think this is appropriate if you are sharing the room with friend or children. If you are honeymooners this may be ok but still I want my privacy when I am taking a shower.

Very nice comfortable bed, rooms are spacious. Close to stores and food chains

Very nice hotel, excellent location

It's quite pricy

Nice hotel, excellent location, close to many touristic sites and right at the exit of the metro station Sevilla. Friendly staff. Nice patio to enjoy a drink in the early evening. Rates are fair for the restaurant or the bar. Many locals seem to get together at the restaurant. Our room was quite and up to date.

This is a hotel centrally situated with friendly staff and excellent facilities

it was convenient for central Madrid and all the Prado, staff were very friendly and efficient, the room was well appointed (with a great shower). Good breakfast

Happy overall, working lift would have made stay a little easier.
    • Junior Suite with Panoramic View

Hotel under serious renovations. Lift not working so had to walk five flights to get downstairs.

Brand new suites are lovely, however not much privacy when using bathroom and toilet, as frosted glass sliding doors, which have gaps that you can see through. When travelling with friends this is awkward. Breakfast good as long as you get there early, don't leave until the last 1/2 hour as food runs out and not everything is replenished. Breakfast staff are lovely, as was the gent that welcomed us at reception. Front bar, restaurant closest to the street a very nice place to sit and relax of an evening. I think once all renovations are complete, this hotel will be one of the best around, and is in a fantastic location. Close to everything.

Excellent!
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is undergoing a refurbishment and there was a lot of hammering and noise.

The location of the hotel is excellent. It is very close to the city centre on foot and the metro station is next door. The facilities of the hotel are superb.

Would love to come back
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was soundproofed, so we had a good night's sleep inspite of all-night partying in the street below. Staff were charming and helpful, wifi was high speed, room & bath were spotless, room was spacious, location was convenient.

Icing on the cake
    • Deluxe Double Room with Panoramic View

Not applicable given everything was great! 🙂

Awesome place. Ambiance was vibrant. Staff was outstanding, especially Sergio at front desk. Centric location, literally. Definitely will return on my next visit to Madrid.

The hotel is just in front of Metro station.
    • Double or Twin Room

wifi is a bit slow, but can understand it's shared by too many people.

The hotel is just in front of Metro station. excellent location! very nice reception staff! I definitely will book again!

Τhe staff was very kind and helpful.

The view of the room, it was the back of the hotel. Also the room was very dark.

Τhe staff was very kind and helpful.The location of the hotel was perfect.

Pleasant but would reconsider to stay there due to the bathroom doors!!
    • Junior Suite with Panoramic View

The bathroom doors are not convenient! They are made of some kind of glass and the door does not close completely! We had the junior suite and we expected a bit more!

The staff is very helpful and kind but you must ensure they do speak English! The ones that do, they are excellent! Best of all is Laoura at the reception desk! The best you could ask for!!

We'll be back
    • Junior Suite with Panoramic View

The room was absolutely beautiful and modern, and the shower was incredible. We also enjoyed the view from our room of the majestic buildings in the neighborhood.

Great location, staff and value of money
    • Double or Twin Room

I think it needs more elevators especially for higher floors. This hotel was under some renovation and constructions with some noise. Otherwise.. its a great hotel

This 3 stars hotel looks much better than most of 5 stars hotels. The location was great, with easy access to metro station, near to gran via street and peurto de Sol by few minutes walking. Staff were super nice and very helpfull. A great value of money with clean rooms Highly recommended, and i think if I visit Madrid again and again, i ll choose this hotel for sure

A Little Madrid Luxury
    • Double or Twin Room

The location is terrific. Staff is extremely friendly and knows exactly what they're doing. Every need will be taken care of. I only stayed for one night but the price just could not be beat by any other hotel in the city.

I loved the layout of the room and bathroom.
    • Double or Twin Room

We really didn't like the room we were in as the view was looking at a deralict building that was being built and had builders in there banging and drilling every morning. The noise drove us mad plus the cleaners were really loud every morning and you could hear water running. You couldnt have a lyin in your hotel. It would of been lovely if there was a balcony to sit on. We were staying in room 301.

I loved the layout of the room and bathroom.

I enjoyed staying at the Regina Hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

I enjoyed staying at the Regina Hotel. It was wonderful for the price. And it was wonderful period. I loved all the choices for breakfast. Everyone was courteous and helpful. I would stay there again!

The hotel was very well located and the staff was extremely helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

The buffet was delicious with the exception of the eggs.

The manager was very accommodating and helpful. The deluxe room was very comfortable and the shower was so relaxing. I highly recommend this hotel!

Perfect location and nice modern rooms.
    • Double or Twin Room

Soundproofing was non existent. I had a room on the top floor and could hear people talking in their rooms when they came back from nights out.

Perfect location and nice modern rooms. We were given a much nicer room than we have booked with a big terrace. The bar downstairs is great.

Fabulous location
    • Double or Twin Room

European elevators are never quite big enough!

Check-in desk doubles as a bar. How's that for cool? Staff speaks English and is able to answer all questions. Walk out the door and in a few short minutes you're in the middle of everything. Walking distance to museums & other points of interest.

The room was nice, new renovated.
    • Double or Twin Room

The toilet and shower room were not separated from the entire room. No door. Only a wall separated the bed from the toilet area. It was not comfortable.

The room was nice, new renovated. The location was very good.

My second stay at Hotel Regina and would highly recommend it...

Not a lot the hotel can do about this one, but really needed a pool in the summer heat after a long day exploring!

My second stay at Hotel Regina and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Madrid. Recently renovated, the Regina is a beautiful hotel in an excellent central location for exploring all that Madrid has to offer. Friendly, helpful staff and a great breakfast.

Great location!

No bathtub, no view, construction and no room service.

The location was great. Close to Sevilla metro and minutes from puerta del sol. The room was comfortable and very well air conditioned.

Great location . Friendly staff member

Not parking area

The location is exceptional . Great place to stay close to the main tourist area in madrid. Staff was very friendly. Very clean room and great housekeeping service.

The best room I ever stayed in Madrid
    • Deluxe Double Room with Panoramic View

not flexible on the late check out, and the bar closes too early for Spain!

I was surprised by the beautiful room with the amazing view on top floor. For me the view and window of the room is the most important part of the holiday, as you can see the city and feel it. I loved my room :) The restaurant and breakfast were great too. For the value I paid I was very happy. Please note I booked it with a deal otherwise it would have been expensive. I will be back to this hotel but only to the same room :) and I already told to all my friends whom stayed other hotels that they should have chosen this one.

Absolutely Great!

To me personally, the music in the entrance, which include the reception area and restaurant, were too loud!! I would have preferred soft more light classical music...even Spanish guitar! the Hotel entrance is absolutely magnificent and one would love to relax there...the loud music irritated me so I retired to my room!

The variety was good and I was very pleased with the Chef who was able to cater for my Dairy free diet. I would though also liked to have substitutes for wheat as I am also allergic to wheat and couldn't enjoy any breads / cakes.

Misleading pictures of room on site!
    • Double or Twin Room

I made my booking on the strength of the pictures of the advertised room on the website, with lots of natural light. Instead, I was put in a dingy room in one of the corners on the floor, with a tiny window that let in very little light. Clearly, the advertised pictures were of rooms elsewhere. You needed a degree in engineering and mechanics to operate the cold & hot water tap in the shower/ bath! Oh yes, I needed to email them 2 or 3 times asking for directions from the nearest metro stop, which is practically on their doorstep! Instead, I was told to take a taxi from Atocha Renfe! A google search showed me that one of the entrances/ exits to Sevilla metro station was less than 100 meters away!

The reception staff were ok. The location was good, within walking distance from Sol. The airport shuttle was quite cheap and is easy to arrange.

Staff were quite friendly, and the restaurant downstairs was...

Our room was quite dim and seemed a bit older than the rest of the others- they also seem to be renovating the upper floors, and every morning we were woken by the extremely loud construction going on.

Staff were quite friendly, and the restaurant downstairs was amazing. The lobby and lounge area are very modern and beautiful.

I had a wonderful stay at the property. I totally recommend it. I'd definitely stay there again.
    • Junior Suite with Panoramic View

Breakfast was very poor. Way below the standard.

The room was spacious and modern. The bathroom was big as well. Loved the nespresso coffee machine was the icing on the cake. Very friendly staff and location is just perfect.

Room was fine but view and privacy was awful.
    • Double or Twin Room

Our view was of other windows, air conditioning piping and a load of scaffolding. Every morning we woke up to builders working right outside our window. We had to keep the shutters closed to maintain privacy for ourselves.

The place itself was fine. Room was clean and very modern.

Hotel Regina

The room was very spacious and the staff is very kind. The breakfast was also delicious and the room temperature was perfect. The room was very clean and everything was very organized and clean.

Perfect stay in Madrid
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent location, close to stations, monuments, shopping and more. Rooms were fantastic and very clean. Breakfast was lovely too. Perfect stay!

Browse Hotel Regina traveller photo gallery