Reviews of Hotel Perla 2 stars

Lepanto, 18, 03503 Benidorm, Spain

#52 of 120 hotels in Benidorm

Location fabulous for the trip
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

Small room only toilets downstairs were in far end of the pool area miles from reception area not worth what they charge imo but your esentially paying for location

Location fabulous for the trip

will never stay there again

Noises at night with stag and hen party's definitely not a hotel to stay in if you expect any sleep specially if you booked a room not facing the pool extra 5 euro per night music constant up to 8 o clock in morning walls and windows no sound proof

Night porter at night at reception desk very good shame about women staff during day can come across very rude

Not good, possibly the worst hotel I’ve ever stay in! Rude staff! Disgustingly dirty!

Pretty much everything, blood all up the stairs didn’t clean then even when we told them 3 times, noicey, swimming pools disgusting; made costumes green, the waters vile (wouldn’t even put my dog in it) , smells, the water is thick and horrible! And power cut for 3 hours+ & when asked about it no apologies was just expected to sit in a pitch black room for hours in the evening! Also apon arrival the lady behind the desk (not the older lady) was extreme rude and had a awful atitude, every time she was in working we would get horrible looks and made to feel very uncomfortable by her! Even when leaving she threw our passports on the desk and turned around and walked away,, over all we would 100% not advise to stay at this hotel even if it was your last option!

The balcony

This is by far one of the good hotels in Benidorm, the location is superb, the pool is fab, altogeth
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

The wardrobes door didn't run ok. the hairdryer was very slow, wouldnt go fast Could do to have a long mirror in the rooms

Everything is fine, we come to this hotel every year

Great hotel in excellent location

Cafe food at pool not very good to basic and not many Sun beds

Staff are amazing rooms nice size and cleaned every day great location just behind cafe Benidorm

La Perla - great stay always.

Too few sun beds at poolside. You need to introduce a 'time' system as they do at some other hotels and it works really well . Because beds unoccupied for more than 1 hour have their towels removed, there are always sun beds free for those who are actually poolside. People putting towels on beds early morning, going shopping etc and not returning fir several hours should not be allowed. I have stayed in many hotels where 1 hour absenteeism works very well . Frees up beds and people are much happier and its much fairer for other hotel guests.

Facilities and constant helpfulness of staff. Thank you.

Breakfast selection was good

- Very rude reception staff. - Very poor housekeeping - she didn't change sheets or clean anything properly, she just made beds and changed bins. - No blankets kept in the room, you have to request these (before 3pm otherwise you'll have to wait till the following night)

Breakfast selection was good

Perfect
    • Twin Room with Pool View

Everything - can’t fault a thing. Property done up since our last stay there. Walk-in in shower and bathroom in general were excellent. Wide variety of food even for my vegetarian diet. Breakfast waiter at Perla so funny - happy and singing bless him

Friendly staff.

The car park was quite tight to get into...but I do have a big car. Not really that much of a problem but a hair raising 5 mins!!!!

Friendly staff. Good location. Close to most parts of Benidorm but far enough away to not be noisy.

Really enjoyed it locations is great, clean, lovely breakfast will be back next year

Staff English not great on the phone when we requested cups to be brought up, couldn’t communicate in English what time breakfast was.

Clean rooms, bathrooms and shower were brilliant.

Cant wait for the next time we visit in September
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

Nothing, even the weather was perfect

It is always a pleasure staying at the Perla. The Site second to none. Everything We need is within easy walking distance, and the variety of interesting things top do is amazing

Really surprised it´s only a 2 star hotel.

If there was any complaint, it would be that we had a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the road & the bar opposite was very noisy until 7.00am, but at the end of the day, we were in the centre of benidorm & it didn´t come as a surprise. Next time we might ask for a room overlooking the pool & on a higher floor.

The hotel has been very tastefully refurbished to a high standard. The food was usual buffet style choice, the staff were friendly & our room was very clean upon arrival. The hotel should be at least a 3 star, as we have stayed in 3 & 4 star hotels in benidorm before that were not such a high standard.

Cheap and cheerful. Perfect location if you enjoy the nightlife.
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

Reception staff were generally helpful but one lady seemed as though she was having a bad day, every day.

Buffet breakfast was lovely. Air con in rooms was a god send.

Overall an enjoyable stay

Rooms facing the Main Street outside the hotel. Very noisy with nightclub bars & resteraunts close by. Would advise earplugs to get a good nights sleep

Breakfast good ! Staff good, good size room, bathroom & shower very good 👏🏼👏🏼

Very noisy in front of hotel.staff at check in demanded to see card payment was made with. Didn't have it and were going to refund payment and not let us in. Found bank statement I paid with took a photo of it and said it as the ok.

You couldn’t fault the Breakfast everything from cereal...

Nothing to dislike ,

You couldn’t fault the Breakfast everything from cereal,Toast full English breakfast,continental ham cheese ECT ,pots of tea or coffee orange, The pool was excellent lots of sunbeds, Will be recommending to all our friends ,

Perfect location, clean room. Shame about the noise

Groups of stags screaming and shouting early hours of the morning with no consideration for anyone else staying at the hotel.

Perfect location. Clean and tidy room with good bathroom

Great stay, close to pub and clubs at night and only a short walk to the beach.
    • Twin Room with Pool View

Everything was excellent , great food and plenty of choices for breakfast, Nice clean rooms , excellent staff all very helpfully. Well stocked bar .

The location to the clubs and pubs

After checking out, myself and a friend asked for a towel to shower in the outside facilities and they said no as we have checked out, after staying with them for 3 nights I expected better!

The location to the clubs and pubs

A good weekend

We were lucky as we were not affected by the noise as we moved rooms. We overlooked the pool which was OK. Before we moved we faced an all night bar. Sound insulation between rooms was poor.

Friendly staff, very clean central location

The hotel is spotlessly clean and most of the staff are very...

Some staff were not very friendly. No kettle in the room. Slow draining showers and sink in the room.

The hotel is spotlessly clean and most of the staff are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and a good size. The pool area is good and also clean.

Enjoyable and adequate for my requirements.

It possibly could have offered better food & board options, however there are many restaurant very near the hotel.

Nice clean hotel with adequate facilities. I would definitely stay again for a short break.

I was on a retirement due and 65 th birthday party,the hotel exceeded my expectations .

Not enough lounge beds around the pool area.Its not a big space but there is a solarium area with only 5 lounge beds,and it would take around 20 or 30 with plenty of room.

I was surprised that the hotel was only rated 2 stars I would put it nearer 3 stars I have stayed in 3 star in Benidorm and this hotel was better than sum of those.

We were only there 5 days and everything was close so you didn't have 2 travel very far

We couldn't find anything wrong with our stay

The location was perfect for us a short walk to the square 5 min walk to the beach we had a room overlooking pool

I'll be back...
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

I'll have to get back to you, can't think of anything at the moment.

Fresh towels and bog roll every day. The waiter was THE happiest fella ever "yes yes". The Orange Juice at breakfast was in the top 3 I've ever had the pleasure of tasting. Absolute SUN TRAP!!! 2 EURO CORONA!!!

Would pick every time
    • Twin Room with Pool View

All round good Zero issues from check in to check out Good staff Checked in ahead of schedule Location ace Clean and bright Air con worked well Everything was fully functioning

Lovely hotel at a reasonable price

Nothing. All was good

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We just wanted a bed for one night in Benidorm and chose the Perla because it was in the heart of where we wanted to be and it's a very "low-rise" building compared to many hotels in Benidorm. It turned out to be brilliant, spotlessly clean, really comfortable room and beds and the breakfast was excellent. We did not have time to have any other meals there or to use the pool area, which was a shame. It is in a very convenient location for the parts of Benidorm that we were going to.

FANTASTIC

Nothing was a perfect hotel

Staff was amazing I was there for 4 days then left but my flight got cancelled so I went back and they was more then helpful Also the bar staff at the pool was lovely there was a man there and no matter what time of the day he didnt stop smiling amazing hotel

Don't assume that everyone that goes to Benidorm is an idiot

The reception staff. Despite paying for the hotel 8 months prior to the stay they made me pay again until I could prove I had paid. Confirmation e mail wasn't enough. I eventually got someone to send a photo of my debit card so they could refund the second payment my friend had to pay on her card so we could stay. Only pleased I hadn't changed bank accounts otherwise I would never had been refunded

Pool area was nice with a nice area for eating and bar staff were pleasant

Very noisy all night due to being located very close to bars

Reception staff very unfriendly and difficult to deal with, they were going to make me pay for the room again if I had not produced the card I paid for the room on even though I had proof of the booking!

Bar staff next to pool very nice

Highly recommend

Liked it all

Great location,ideal for groups,repeat visit, recently refurbished. Big thank you to Sylvia on reception, very friendly and helpful.very good value for money.

Great location if you do not wish to walk very far to all the main bars.

We ate are main meals at the hotel Marina. Considering this is supposed to be a 4 star hotel the food was awful.

Location was excellent, and the hotel was very clean and the staff were very helpful.

Staff excellent and extremely helpful

Beds could be more comfortable

Staff excellent and extremely helpful Renovated since last here and pool area looks beautiful Rooms adequate but bathrooms stunning with one of the best showers I've had. Central location so can get noisy but it's a party place!!! we will definitely be back

The place was in the perfect location.

Nothing everything was great.

The place was in the perfect location. The hotel was very clean with excellent facilities. There was everything at breakfast An more! I would definitely return.

Very good

Too noisy. Not the hotel itself, but the bar opposite. Of course, if you're into raving through the night and getting to bed at dawn, this will not be an issue for you.

Not spectacular, but they did everything well. Good, helpful staff

Fab! So central to everything and such a good price.
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

The lunchtime menu, think they needed a couple more staff to help with the bar and food at dinnertimes

The location is excellent!right in the heart of the new town

Great hotel in the centre of it all, not quiet but exactly what you expect from Benidorm!

Breakfast could stay on a little later (just as people tend to stay out late in Benidorm!). Also we had a room facing the busy bars so it was very noisy as night until around 5am. If you want a quiet stay be sure to request a pool-facing room.

The hotel's communal areas have recently been refurbished and this is clear from the outset. The breakfast buffet was great considering it was included in the price, and the hotel staff were second-to-none especially Manuel the singing waiter!

Pete's review

Staff were a bit abrupt. Was charged €6 for breakfast on last day even though I was told it was included with my room booking. Staff member was quite rude about it

Location and facilities were nice. Room was clean and comfortable. Also only €2 a pint at the bar with decent food.

Confortable but the staff not so kind

I stayed one single night, but the receptionist asked me for my documents several times. I found uncomfortable showing my documents every time I had to go out. I have been in other places in Benidorm and I think the staff was more kind.

Location is ok

Great few days even thoughh our trip was to buy property really enjoyed it

Could be noisy Air. Conditioning off but probably could be supplied at extra cost

Great location, could be quite noisy at night, but this is Benidorm, breakfast Choice & variety were excellent, staff friendly & helpful, will definitely be recommending to family & friends, rooms were great powerful shower (always a plus) & good balcony great value for money

Food lovely, hotel basic and they didn’t honour our request for a low room for elderly/disabled

Decor in room No tea coffee facilities

Rooms basic and Brown! Tv has no English channels and you had to buy remote -also the rooms on front are very noisy as there’s bars outside hotel

Charged for pool view after book g

Being charged for a pool view when my friends in the party didn't I would like a refund d of 20 euros as I should not have been charged for that

Ideal base - exceptionally clean.
    • Twin Room with Pool View

Nothing. It suited our needs perfectly...

Rooms and all facilities spotless. Beds are comfortable and bathroom was very nice- especially the walk in shower. Staff friendly and helpful and will be booking here again next year. We've stayed in many hotels in Benidorm and this was by far the best for what we want for our stay. Thanks.

Good hotel great location staff in general very friendly and helpful.
    • Twin Room with Pool View

Beds abit to hard for my liking but nothing to complain about . And the staff at the check in desk very unhelpful and rude .

Location of the hotel very clean and tidy breakfast was good to .

Hotel and location excellent for a base to all the bars etc...
    • Twin Room with Pool View

One staff member on the desk though everything seemed a chore to her and not very welcoming.

Hotel and location excellent for a base to all the bars etc in Bedidorm,

Lovely rooms excellent breakfast very clean and great staff

there is nothing I did not like about the hotel. Think everyone is doing an excellent job.

rooms were of high quality walk in shower was excellent. The upgrade to the dining is really good so much brighter than it used to be.. Also the guys and ladies looking after the dining room were superb extremely pleasant and helpful.

Holidays are always looked forward to, and Benidorm hasmore than most to offer, role on the next
    • Twin Room with Pool View

The 'pea' squads ,and the apparent lack of concern by the police

The site, walking is a major concern at our age, and we didn't have far to get to the places that interested us. Holidays are for a break from your usual routines and Benidorm in general provide this in abundance

we were there for long weekend they put us in the james bond room 007 and did we live and let die ha

not a fan of the bacon, over cooked, and mabe a little more choice in cereal. and warm plates

food ok, 8 out of 10 for the black pudding best had ,better than some back home, and to walk into the restaurant in the morning and the staff are smiling and friendly is a big plus.

Perla
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

I asked for a late checkout , received an email from booking.com to confirm it was fine but was asked to leave the room at 12 noon

Clean room and central location

The hotel was lovely and clean.

The room we were given was facing out to the street there was so much noise it was awful we only got an hours sleep. We had to move rooms and they charged us €5 per night to move I think people should be made aware of this when booking

The hotel was lovely and clean. Very modern. The shower rooms were great. Breakfast was nice plenty of choice

Great little hotel in a prime location.

Nothing springs to mind.

I have stayed at this hotel several times my wife is afraid of lifts and staff try to ensure a ground floor room. This is much appreciated.

The room was clean and tidy, the location was good.

I was a little late for breakfast 10-10 and everything had been cleared hence my low rating. Would suggest that the Hrs allocated for breakfast could be extended.

The room was clean and tidy, the location was good.

Great staff, great location but noisy.

If you are facing the street then the noise coming from Red Dog opposite is very loud. You can hear the people working outside offering people drugs and hookers. This is obviously not the fault of the hotel but does have an effect. My bed was terribly creaky and most uncomfortable, having said that, my friend said his bed was very comfortable so maybe i just dropped on a bad one. €16 for two vodka slush's round the pool is absolutely ridiculous!! Pay €4 for each slush and then get charged on top for the vodka. The same vodka is €4.50 a bottle in the supermarket!

Great location. The staff are most friendly, very funny guy working round the pool bar. Never seen anyone so happy in their job. The old boy on the reception on a night time is quality, looked after us!

Fab hol

The reception staff are the most miserable and rudest ever met anywhere in the world. The waiters , barmen, cleaners and cooks are great but the old lady and assistant on reception are simply in the wrong job. Check in is quite painful and rude.

Fab hotel.stayed there 4 times now

Never again
    • Twin Room with Pool View

Reception staff very very rude

Having to bring your credit card so the reception can see when the hotel Is already pre paid for us the worst idea ever & not clearly stated & not at all necessary!!! Reception staff also very rude

Overall Happy

Receptionist very rude at check in. Only had arrived and left waiting over an hour because she wanted details that were not stated anywhere in my terms and conditions with booking.com. i was told i should have emailed a picture of my bank card which is not security safe at all she done this to all 10 people in my group. We had to contact back home to get picture of all our bank cards just so we could get into our rooms.

Nice and clean. Refurbishment looks really well. Staff are very nice and welcoming except for the manager at reception.

• Twin Room with Pool View

Nothing as such, but if they served meals it would be the perfect hotel.

You could not ask for better location, the hotel is 20 meters from hotel marina which is where you go for meals, and smack bang in middle of New Town yet you can't here any noise.

The episode with the barman put us off staying there again

Barman would not put on football unless we gave him money although nobody else there watching TV. He said it had finished when 20mins left. We saw it in bar down at the end of the road

Very helpful staff

Our stay was very good the location was perfect for us, very clean and modern .

Pool area is a bit over clouded by trees and next door hotel keeps out the sun at one end , the showers could be more powerful too .

The Hotel was very clean and very central to everything its in an excellent location , near the beach , very clean and friendly . Great for groups too , the rooms are spotless and beds are comfy .

Easter Break with My Hubby 💛

Loved everything about this hotel 🌞 amazing

The location was central a stroll away from all amenities 🛫🌞 we have this booked again for July & can't wait 😉

Best ever

I couldn't fault anything about the Perla

I couldn't ask for more. Everything about the Perla was fabulous. The place is spotless (clean towels EVERY day) the staff are brilliant, the breakfast was top notch. the location is excellent and all for a really good price. I've stayed in about 10 different places In benidorm but I wouldn't stay anywhere else but the Perla now.

Very good value money. Would use hotel perla again but it is difficult to sleep with the outside wor

My room 208 was by the roadside. I realise a) its not your fault b) how vibrant benidorm is but it is so noisy to sleep. Double/treble glazing would make it brilliant

The rooms were good valur for money. The staff were helpful. A very comfortable stay.

Very relaxing and happy
    • Twin Room with Pool View

I liked everything there isn’t anything not to like

The staff are lovely and very friendly the hotel is in a great area and very clean. The new bar and breakfast area looked great.

Clean and friendly hotel in the heart of the nightlife. Shame no hot water on check out day!

Room on the street opposite bar that didn’t close until 7am would make it difficult for some people to sleep. There was a problem with hot water on our check out day so could only have a short cold shower! Staff aware of problem but couldn’t give me a time when it would be fixed! Disappointing!

usual high service , location, very clean, another great break at the Perla

i,v booked into the Perla many times, and like the breakfast,the rooms and beds are comfortable the staff are very good, [waiters, and front desk]and the location is exactly where i want it, so its a no brainer for me ,Pearla booked for April at desk

Good clean hotel, good for our needs

The only slight downside for us was our room was opposite the Red Dog which was still going strong at 6.40am

The hotel was well situated for our purposes as we had a specific function to attend. The room was clean and basic, one of the top bed covers could have done with a wash but the sheets were clean and fresh. The bathroom was lovely and had everything you could have needed. The staff were helpful, friendly and cheerful, especially at breakfast, which was excellent.. Check in and out was quick and easy and parking was a perfect optional extra.

Clean but basic room which was fine for our one night stay.

Noise! Walls very thin so could hear conversation (and more!) from next rooms.

Clean but basic room which was fine for our one night stay. Very good breakfast offering everything you need.

Excellant! Great location

Had to hire the fridge and air con

Breakfast was good. Everything fresh. Staff friendly. Room good and clean. Only down side we were on the front facing the road so no good going to bed early because of the noise etc. But who goes to bed early in Benidorm?? Great location near to the square!

The WiFi was the only issue I had with the hotel.

The WiFi was the only issue I had with the hotel. The connection to the internet didn’t work most of the time. I have to check my email on a daily basis and unfortunately because i was having issues with the WiFi it would prevent me from returning

perfect

Nothing it was great

the staff were great, and the room was perfect for us..the hotel was very clean and everyone was super helpful. I have tried to book for nxt year again but have you changed to only doing a 4 night stay???

Very pleasant and comfortable

The breakfast could have been served later as it is a holiday place.

It was close to all amenities. The bed was comfortable and the showerhead great.the showerhead powerfully and it had a wall so the water couldn't spill out.

Disgusting

My clothes got stolen out of the hotel room by staff a brand new jacket and bodysuit . I asked staff members and they said there was nothing they could do about it . I am appalled this would even happen I will not be staying at this hotel ever again and I don't feel safe no more using booking.com after that experience

sorry to say would not stay at this hotel again ,

breakfast was awful ,staff were not at all friendly except a happy chappy at breakfast ,,,had to go out of the hotel into the hotel next door for evening meal which was a pain ,and the food in there was disgusting, the hotel is way over priced for what you get

the hotel was clean ,beds were ok ,

Enjoyed the area but not the hotel this time

The location of the hotel was not great for us. The noise from outside was horrendous and lots of noise from guests inside the corridors of the hotel. Will not use again

I would definitely go again

The only problem we had was the air con went off on us every day and we at to go the reception to get it back on. It was put back on straight away

It was lovely and clean and it the middle of everything. Brilliant spot