Reviews of Gastrohotel Boutique RH Canfali 4 stars

Plaza San Jaime, 5, 03501 Benidorm, Spain

First time visitor

Issue with the jacuzzi - one of the group slipped from the step down onto the tiled floor seriously banging his head. A simple reminder notice and a slip mat would have prevented this.

Location was fantastic; staff were great

my stay at your hotel was a very relaxing and enjoyable experience for the first few days.
    • Twin Room with Sea View & Terrace

Unfortunately my dislike was the fall I had coming down the steps from the jacuzzi. Upon reaching the ground level tiles I slipped and banged my head quite severely. This kind of tainted my holiday for the last three days .I was in extreme pain. Fortunately a member of my group was A professional medical person . Upon telling the management of my unfortunate accident they informed me that a few people had fallen in the same place . The manager was very kind and attentive. But I do suggest that you place a sign at the bottom of the steps to the Jacuzzi (slippery surface ). And some kind of rubber matting . Before someone is seriously hurt or even worse dies from their insurers . To be perfectly honest with you I could have taken this further with my solicitor on my return from my holiday . This is not something I will be doing as I believe in being fair. To the point of the accident I was having a lovely holiday in a lovely hotel with my friends . A return visit may happen at some point. As soon as I get over the pain in my neck and head.

The location was lovely , the breakfast staff, Particular the young lady who brought my coffee and the lady chef , and the young man . They worked as a team . Five star . The reception staff very nice too .

While the choice of breakfast was ok, we felt the breakfast...
    • Double Room with Sea View without Terrace 2 Adults

While the choice of breakfast was ok, we felt the breakfast staff were under resourced both mornings and unable to meet requests for coffee and fresh made omelettes.

Great location in the old town and by the beach

Ordering drinks to the roof terrace during the evening took a long time Had to pay for coffee in the room

Great location in the old town and by the beach Jacuzzi on the roof terrace is fantastic! Great breakfast and pleasant rooms

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

I have been to Benidorm at least 3 times a year for the last...

I cannot say much in relation to negative other than no UK television channels. Also and while I like them the church bells are a very loud alarm clock!

I have been to Benidorm at least 3 times a year for the last 10 years. I have to say this hotel is the best I have ever strayed in. The location is 'special' with the church bells ringing in the morning to remind you to rise for breakfast. Breakfast was a total pleasure and treat,. Food excellent followed by coffee on the terrace overlooking Levante Beach. I found the staff superb and the night porter was a legend having arrived home one or maybe two times a little late and 'tired'). Rooms are very well finished. Everything matches the folks, plates, cups I real pleasure. Finally but by no means lasts is the roof terrace bar and hot tub! This is just the gem in the crown! I stayed alone but parents also stayed in their own room who had a fantastic time and intend to re book next year without hesitation! This place is haven.

We Loved the Stay Did Not Want to Come Home,
    • Twin Room with Sea View & Terrace

Only the Evening Meal. More Choice.

Beds was very comfy and pillows, One of the Best hotels We have stayed in, The Veiws Was Lovely, The BREAKFAST was Great. You had so much choice,,, The Only Down fall was the Evening Meal, We didnt like Ala Carte Some thinks was Nice The puddings, But there was no Other Choice, They Did Cook us Chips with Beef. We would of liked more to choice From. Will stay There Next Year, With Breakfast. My brother and Wife Going end OCTOBER,

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Good place, beautiful view, restaurant is perfect, staffs...
    • Single Room for Double use

The room was without balcony and view to the other buildings wall...,it was very dark...without sunshine

Good place, beautiful view, restaurant is perfect, staffs too.

It was a quite comfortable stay and perfect view
    • Single Room for Double use

The hotel have just one minus-noisy and very crowded behind the window at night, it's under the Condition, that your windows overlook the square with a church, with a sea view I hope everything is much better. We escaped with air conditioner and closed the windows at night. What about the Service of restaurant, I was surprised frank ignoring of waiters. We have waited a very long time menu and when the order was accepted, some waiters generally ignored us. But after talking with the chief manager, his name Jose, everything changed for the better!) We were no longer deprived of attention and Jose himself organized an excellent dinner for us)

The best impressions of living in this hotel) We like everything: location, chamberiness, views) It really feels like at home. The hotel is great for couples “honey moon” and family holidays. Very cool towels, bed linen, mattress, pillows, everything is comfortable and new. Wonderful bathroom, all new and clean) Friendly staff at the reception, ready to help in any matter :) Restaurant “Dvora” with a magnificent author's cuisine for true aesthetes and gourme, like we are), with a beautiful view from the balcony to the azure sea, a very cozy and romantic place) We have a lunch and dinner on the terrace, it’s a really great!) Lovely breakfasts, all healthy and very tasty. Especially I want to note Alehandro. He is very polite, friendly, charismatic and sociable, with a great sense of humor. Every morning they communicated with us and a charge of good mood for the whole day was provided!) Sky lounge bar - also impressed, the view from the roof on a piece of old town of Benidorm against the background of the surrounding skyscrapers, fascinates.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Great hotel, great food, lovely staff and very very clean. Oh and beds were so comfy.
    • Single Room for Double use

There was nothing i/We did not like

The staff were fab. Ivan was very attentive. I liked the welcome letter from the Hotel manager. I/We would definitely recommend and intend on returning as the vibe is cool, relaxed and sophisticated. If your going to Benidorm as we did for a night of fun without to much hassle; we drove from Lorca to Benidorm parked in the municipal car park caught a cab (5 euros) dropped us off outside the hotel booked in at 4 pm and were out by 4.30 checking the place out. Went back to the hotel to eat and the food (vegitarian) was amazing. Breakfast was also delicious. Anyone reading this should try it out. I'm a synic and always feel your ripped off but the hotel accommodation, staff, food were all worth it. Enjoy!

Great location but lacking desk service.
    • Twin Room with Sea View & Terrace

Service at the Reception Desk very poor. Still waiting for a resolution to my query. Went to the desk 4 times during our stay requesting a response to my email before departure, this did not occur.

The food, drinks and service at the restaurant were excellent.

Would go back tomorrow
    • Basic Room

Our only criticism is that the staff in the restaurant (which is new and offers excellent food) need to pay a little more attention to service.

Lovely room, comfy bed, sea views, roof top hot tub. What's not to like!

• Basic Room

No parking and not easy to get nearby by car but everything was perfect

Great location Nice room good bed Great view from restaurant and excellent breakfast

Good place to stay in Old Town
    • Double Room with Sea View without Terrace 2 Adults

No parking on site and long walk from third party parking garage. No pool. On top of steep hill so not perfect for everyone.

Really friendly staff who looked after us well from check in to (late) check out. Superb views from room. Breakfast was good. Really close to bars/restaurants on Old Town and beaches

Just perfect!
    • Single Room for Double use

Do NOT miss going up to the rooftop terrace late in the evening and gaze at the stars while sipping a cocktail from bar..Oh and there´s a jacuzzi AND that D´Vore restaurant is really something. Having a breakfast buffet on a balcony with such a breathtaking view. I recommend doing that early and seeing the sun rise. That first morning a seagull swooped in and took some ham and cheese while I went inside for an orange juice refill! But then with a smile on her face, catering manager, Ms Hind expertly swooped in and stood watch as I made my way back! The seagull did not return. But I definitely will!

Food was excellent. The rest of the visit was forgettable.
    • Basic Room

No car parking. Parking in their sister hotel, SH Victoria was a nightmare. It took 30 minutes, just to receive a parking ticket to get in. Upon trying to leave the automatic door was under repair and I was told that I couldn’t leave. When I did eventually get permission to leave the door was being held up by two repair guys and there was insufficient space to get my car out. This resulted in damage to the front wing of my car as they couldn’t be bothered to tell me that I was too close to the wall.

The restaurant was excellent. Food, location and staff were faultless.

Good hotel great views.
    • Twin Room with Sea View & Terrace

We had booked 2 rooms, 1 twin and one double. The rooms were the same price, but the double was about twice the size of the twin which and had less facilities (no coffee maker etc) The twin was therefore overpriced compared to the double. A few days before arrival there had been a storm which left a fine layer of Sahara dust on the patio, this had not been cleaned.

Booked & paid for the sea view option. The hotel has recently been totally refurbished and is to a high standard.. The staff were all very attentive, pleasant & helpful. Both rooms had an excellent view over the Levante Beach & the far hills. The room was spotlessly clean.

I would stay here again but the room would have to have a balcony. very good location
    • Basic Room

our view from the room was from a window and although it said city view it was looking into the neighboring building.

the location and very friendly and helpful staff

A real gem in beautiful old town of Benidorm, away from all...

Nothing!!

A real gem in beautiful old town of Benidorm, away from all the hustle and bustle of the new town with views that are simply breathtaking. We had a sea view room with terrace and it was the most picturesque view we’ve ever had from a hotel, and the best bathroom window view ever!! The rooftop jacuzzi was a fabulous touch, the sun cream provided was a really nice touch and really did show you’ve thought of everything to the finest detail. The sea looks so beautiful and inviting, and the views were just out of this world. Rooms were ready when we arrived at 1pm. Check in was smooth and all the staff were so helpful and polite. They couldn’t do enough for us in fact! Breakfast and dinner were both delicious, real great selections of food and great value for money. We didn’t want to leave. My in laws loved it so much they’ve booked to come back again next week. My husband and I can’t wait to come back again soon.

Great for break without a car no parking available.
    • Basic Room

You cannot drive to this property and there is not any parking at hotel. We parked in town and got taxi to hotel which is in old town up twisty narrow streets lovely situation on waterfront.Would have benefitted us to know beforehand otherwise a great stay.

Modern clean friendly staff great location very good breakfast

Very kind staff.
    • Twin Room with Sea View & Terrace

A small detail : automatic lights in the room sometimes went off because of électrical issues. Minor point.

Very kind staff. Flexible. We asked to keep the room a bit later on Sunday. Very well located in the city center.

Warm,friendly and relaxing

Area outside jacuzzi needs to have anti slip mats

I like the overall feel of the place, excellent breakfast and the staff extremely friendly

Best stay yet in Benidorm

As above

Everything at the hotel was perfect. The only downside was car access and parking which was quite a bit away from the hotel

The staff were friendly & welcoming, the view from our...
    • Twin Room with Sea View & Terrace

The staff were friendly & welcoming, the view from our room was exceptional.

Great location, food and staff

Great location, food and staff

Friendly staff.
    • Twin Room with Sea View & Terrace

Friendly staff.very clean.breakfast excellent.balcony and view.

Perfect hotel, could not ask for more, you pay for quality, mad me feel very special

nothing to fault

clean, perfect location, staff amazing, breakfast almost too posh for me but loved it, massive choice, ABSOLUTLEY STUNNUNG sea veiw

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Great experience, spoiled by having to shower on rooftop and change in toilets, when flying back lat
    • Twin Room with Sea View & Terrace

No facilities to shower and change when you have a late flight home

Quality of hotel high for Benidorm

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Loved the jacuzzi

All round amazing hotel

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The roof top pool and breakfast
    • Twin Room with City View

The size of the room was a shoebox! And we paid an extra £50 than the cost of the next night

The roof top pool and breakfast

A Benidorm gem

Everything! Amazing location, lovely room

Noises in the night

Noises in the night

Breakfast was the best views are amazing!

Breakfast was the best views are amazing!!

Beautiful Benidorm!
    • Single Room for Double use

bit cheeky to charge for the coffee in the room.

Fantastic views, great food, lovely architecture!

Beautiful location in the old part of Benidorm.
    • Basic Room

Beautiful location in the old part of Benidorm. Fabulous restaurant.

Excellant
    • Twin Room with Sea View & Terrace

The hotel was really nice a good selection of food for breakfast the location in the Old town of Benidorm was excellant

Mediterranean Paradise

No pool.

Amazing views... Small boutique hotel... Close to beach.... Wonderful restaurant!

Loved this place although rooms on the smaller side having a room with terrace is a must.
    • Twin Room with Sea View & Terrace

Nightmare parking, park on outskirts and get taxi in much less stressful.

Location, staff - all round great place would go back

Close to sea, great view

Close to sea, great view

Perfect in every way!

Location, absolutely spotless will definitely be using again.

Lovely
    • Double Room with Sea View without Terrace 2 Adults

Only one complaint...the bedroom smelt of bleach

carmen very kindly upgraded us to a room with a terrace . Many thanks Carmen

Excellent trip
    • Basic Room

The receptionist was abit slow on check out and there English wasn't great

Excellent hotel all-round very clean and the views are magical

Liked pretty much everything , location , cleanliness, staff...
    • Twin Room with Sea View & Terrace

There was nothing to dislike !

Liked pretty much everything , location , cleanliness, staff everything was first rate . Will definitely be returning .

Great location and breakfast
    • Triple Room with Sea View without Terrace 3 Adults

Small room

Great location and breakfast

Perfect place to spend my wife’s birthday weekend
    • Basic Room

Great location in heart of old town

Best hotel we have stayed for over 30 years.

Best we have stayed in.

Great location. Clean hotel.real modern hotel would recommend this place to friends fantastic.

The breakfast exceeded our expectations.
    • Basic Room

There were two single beds and I requested a double.

The breakfast exceeded our expectations. It’s superb, fresh and plenty of variety.

Only 1 night

Bed was comfy, no kettle in room to make tea, coffee machine did not work, uphill from beach although lovely views from balcony

There are also 19 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.