Reviews of Catalonia Rigoletto 4 stars

Sabino de Arana, 22-24, Les Corts, 08028 Barcelona, Spain

#173 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

A very nice place! Not so far from the L3 (green line) - metro station, which allows you to reach the center of the city fast. Aroun the hotel there is a big shopping center, cafes. The room was clean, staff were good and very kindly, the breakfast was perfect.

• Double or Twin Room

View from the hotel was to the wall. So there is no view from the window and aircondition wasn't work very well. In the bedroom is to hot or to cold.

Very kind and helpful receptioner. Very good breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent hotel that was conveniently located. Very clean with friendly staff. The shower was absolutely awesome. The hotel offered some of the traditional elements of a hotel, including room service and a spa

The photos of this hotel are not exactly true. The pool and the room is quite small.

The staffs are very friendly and it's about 5 minutes walk to Camp Nou

• Double or Twin Room

Not much restaurants options late at night, because the hotel location is a bit far from the downtown area (20 mins by car to Plaça de Catalunya). However, you always can use food delivery apps like Glovo.

The stuff were very friendly and helpful. The price was reasonable compared to other hotels around. The location is very close to el camp nou, I was relaxing in my room watching the game replay while people are standing in lines for hours to get a taxi or train.

• Double or Twin Room

View from my room. It's nothing disturbing, but perhaps the top floor can be decorated by the plants to make it more enjoyable.

The hotel was much better than we had expected from the photos and in general. Location: we were going to El Clasico match at Camp Nou and the hotel is perfectly situated if you go there. It's only 10-ish minutes walk from the stadium, so you do not get stacked in the traffic jams after a match. There is a direct underground line, 3-4 minutes on foot from the hotel, which brings you in 15-20ish minutes to the city's old quarter (Old Port and La Rambla/Sq Catalonia). Staff: They are all very professional but friendly also, very kind and helpful. They put a lot of efforts to help with any inquiry, even more that what you would expect from receptionists. We were delighted with their attitude, especially of Sergi. Rooms: The rooms are very comfortable, spacious, modern, elegantly furnished and fully equipped, offering really an excellent level of amenities. The same for a big bathroom with bath tube and spacious Italian shower, all nicely decorated. They thought about many little details in both rooms and bathrooms. Pool: Pool is on the top of the hotel. We just went to see it, but didn't use it as the weather was rather bad. It corresponds to the photos. All together, a very nice experience in this hotel, we highly recommend it and will certainly come again if going to the Camp Nou.

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was quite narrow. What surprised me there was only one hanger for a big bathroom towel. On the first night it was cold but I did not know how to operate the radiator. As for the TV, besides the news, there were no other programmes in English. Besides it would be difficult for me to find any other discrepancies. It is worth to know that half of the way to the underground station is up the hill.

The most important thing for me was a really quiet room that I got. The location of the hotel is maybe not very touristic but you can easily get to the city centre by underground. Its station Maria Cristina is 10 minutes on foot from the hotel. The room was partly in brown colours but very well lighted as for a hotel room. The advantage also was that there were many shelves and hangers so you could easily unpack your clothes as well as the safety deposit box you could put you laptop to. There also was a complimentary bottle of water in the room. The breakfast was very good and there was a good choice of food. When I arrived the weather was cold as for Barcelona but it was possible to warm-up the room. I was much happier with this hotel than with another one in the city centre I stayed in during the following days.

• Double or Twin Room

Have a friendly guy at the reception.

The bed was super comfy and the room was very quiet and twas the perfect size. Looked exactly like the photos. I got a voucher for a free drink a the bar which i think was cool.

• Double or Twin Room

The only thing I wasn’t happy with was the pool, it had bits in it so needs to be checked for cleanliness, but apart from that I can’t fault it at all.

Beautiful spotless room, the staff were exceptionally warm, friendly and helpful. I’m vegan and the breakfast was really good as was lunch. We went to a football match and the stadium is a stone throw away. Would definitely recommend

One concern. Coming from another country we were not equipped with the plug adapter. Front desk had several adapters that may have been left behind by previous customers but none were suitable I had to purchase one.

• Double or Twin Room

This is the 1st review I’ve ever done but thought it’s a must to mention Laia the receptionist was just amazing so bubbly & helpful!!! To be fair all the staff was superb bell boy, restaurant/bar & other receptionists.

• Double or Twin Room

We were upgraded to a suite from a standard room. I should have asked why....it was obvious someone had turned down the room because their room key was still in the slot once you open the door for turning on power to the room. The room had been heavily smoked in, we were going to go back to ask for another room, but thought we would try to open the window and air it out. We should have asked for another room, it never aired out and our 2 night stay was uncomfortable putting up with the smell. Note to self, when offered something better than what you paid for.....ask why! I felt it was unfair of the hotel to offer us that room.

The bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable.

The room had a bit of an awkward layout and wasn't a particularly nice place to hang out.

The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

The outside of the hotel is a bit dated and cramped between high rise apartment buildings.

Very nice and friendly staff. Location perfect for visiting certain departments of the University of Barcelona and major hospitals. In addition perfect for visiting Barcelona FC. Also very good communication via Metro to down town Barcelona and the Airport. The interior of the hotel and rooms are very nice and I enjoyed the swimming pool, although a little small.

The breakfast was really very good and plentiful. A large variety in choice food with the fresh fruit.We were very pleased. the hotel is very well located, if someone came to the football match. The stadium is about 600 m from the hotel. Close to the metro to get to the center.

• Double or Twin Room

Room air conditioning not working. Slow service.... receptionist was very helpful when she did show up...10 mins waiting. Same for barman, wait 10 mins as somewhere else.

Location, clean

• Double or Twin Room

Great location! Great people!!! Good breakfast, very helpful staff, very nice receptionist. Clean comfortable rooms, quiet and very close to Metro. 2 Big shopping malls just 5 minutes walk, football stadium is 3minutes walk what else can you ask for.

• Double or Twin Room

1. No view from the room to anything nice like garden etc.: small building in the (narrow) middle of very tall ones ... 2. In-room coffee/tea would be a nice feature for business people ... (even if hotel has a lobby with everything for free ...)

Very nice business hotel with all comfort you need: excellent beds, large bathroom/shower, spacy room, good furniture, safe, etc. ++ Excellent breakfast ++ Perfect staff, friendly, efficient, fluent in many languages -- just call it excellent!! +++ Btw, the same holds for the breakfast restaurant team :-) +++ Lobby with free coffee/tea ++ Excellent location with Diagonal / Universities ULB and UPC / Palau Real, etc. ++

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was smelly, but clean. Room fresh air circulation couldn't be switched on. Fortunately the window could be opened.

Comfortable hotel with very nice calm rooms.

• Double or Twin Room

Check in and check out was rather slow, the view out of the window was straight to a wall over a busy alley which was very very noisy as people were using it for their smoke breaks and you could hear all their talking and footsteps during all day and night which makes sleep difficult. Room was rather dark whole day even if it was sunny outside.

Hotel is very close to Metro, which is convenient. Room and bathroom were spacious and clean. Bed was comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is surrounded by high-rise buildings. Therefore there is limited natural light and no view. The location is not exactly central but within easy reach by metro.

Recently refurbished spacious and clean rooms. Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

I would have appreciated a sauna on site - and the option of a quick coffee and croissant for breakfast and not a full buffet at 15 euro a punt

the Staff were super helpful and my room was spacious, modern, comfortable and immaculate

• Double or Twin Room

The constantly present humming noise of the ventilation system, which cannot be silence regardless if the ventilation is turned on or off. :( It would've been a perfect score if it wasn't for this. :(

This is the best hotel I have stayed so far. :D

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast at 17 Euros is so expensive I would never consider paying for it.

I stayed in what turned out to be a suite: bedroom + separate sitting area + large bathroom with separate bath and shower. It was welcome to find a kettle with tea and coffee in the sitting area - not that common in hotels within Spain, in my experience. Nice large towels too. The location is very convenient for the University of Barcelona. I've stayed here twice now, and both times found the overall layout of the hotel (not many floors, a feeling of space) calm and pleasant

• Double or Twin Room

Shower: you have to do a lot not to overfload the bathroom during. I missed a chair for relaxed reading.

Very good cleaning and service. Restaurant = OK

NOTHING

Staff was really helpful. I felt welcomed in the check in and all through the stay. The waiters were very nice and kind to me during breakfast, taking care of my gluten-free diet. I remember I had some issues regarding what to do in Barcelona during my stay. Alberto, the receptionist, gave me very useful tips of where to go and what to see. AMAZING!!! I definitely recommend this stay and ask Alberto for whereabouts, he is the master.

• Double or Twin Room

I didn't feel welcomed. It's hard to define but it felt much more like a business transaction than someone welcoming us to stay.

The bed and the linens were outstanding. I literally have never slept on anything so comfortable, and I love good beds.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is only 3 floors, traversing horizontally two tall apartment blocks on each side and the majority of the rooms are on the 1st and 2nd floor. There was no much sunlight coming into my suite as it looked into a dark alley between the two apartment blocks.

The suite was clean, spacious, modern and very well equipped (with separate sitting room with nespresso machine, water boiler and minibar). The bed was super comfortable. The bathroom was very big and very nice, with a huge shower and bathtub. The staff very friendly and helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Surrounding environment isn't pretty and it's away from the centre. Pool is tiny and not worth trying to swim in.

Very comfortable and quiet. Big room. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Double or Twin Room

Shower room was very small ! I must make Sure I dont touch the walls !! I found long black hair even before going to bed !! which I didn't like at all..

Hotel was in Good location, Accessible to Center, Quiet area. I think it was near to metro and bus stops (I didn't use them)...Breakfast was good enough.

• Double or Twin Room

The bed was super comfy, toilets were very clean and spacious. The hotel is very well located. The staff at the reception both Laia and Alberto were very professional and helpull. We were very happy with our stay, we came to stay again.

• Double or Twin Room

Surroundings are not so nice. Hotel is hidden in an apartment complex. Note the location one would expect for a four-star hotel. Travel distance to city center was longer than expected.

Nice rooms. Inside is quite modern. Good shower. Also pool and gym. Close to the football stadium.

• Double or Twin Room

Location, very lengthy check-in, requirement of depositing 200 euro for the pet, pillows and quality of bed.

modern rooms and facilities and the fact that they were allowing pets.

Staff seemed focussed on making as much money as possible out of guests; there was almost panic when they thought someone had not paid for breakfast and when I wanted a bottle of Cava late afternoon it was suggested I have it in my room...and guess what, I was then charged for room service. This obsession certainly did taint the stay. I had requested an early check I am having chemo but no one had even looked at the notes on my booking nor did they seem bothered in the slightest when I tried to explain my need for rest, even by the pool. It was made clear we were not welcome until check-in time.

Breakfast was superb Staff were either fabulous or dire; there was no middle ground. The location was perfect for our stay; easy to access the city centre but far enough out to be away from tourist hell. Restaurants within walking distance are excellent. Highly recommend The Cow Shed.

Expensive breakfast. Not of great quality either. Dry pancakes. Decided to have remaining breakfasts elsewhere

Fantastic pool area. Lovely showers and bath room

• Double or Twin Room

The walk in from the street where the taxi dropped us off with the luggage.

I liked the way that the staff greeted us and welcomed us each day that we were there The breakfast was adequate and the price was reasonable The lobby area was adequate as a TV was provided and so we could watch the World Championships for the time we were there.

swimming pool too small

very good value for money. We did not opt to have a breakfast but instead enjoyed excellent pastry and smoothies from nearby bakery. Hotel is close to tube station - line L3, driving directly to the majority of most popular touristic points of interest

• Double or Twin Room

Totally overpriced for what I've received, prices should be less than £100 for the standard of the hotel. Another family stayed down the road and they had 4 in their bedroom and they only paid £200 - booked on booking.com after I had booked this and we all expected theirs to be really awful due to price but theirs was amazing, more like the Ritz than the run down premier inn I had paid for!!

Extremely over priced, paid £280 for 1 night for 1 Adult and 1 child and the only way to describe the hotel was a run down premier inn with views of brick walls out of the bedroom window. Do not book this hotel

• Double or Twin Room

The view from the window (very close to some offices) but it was not priority for us as we spent time in the room only during the night.

The room was great, we appreciated accessibility to airport and city's touristic attractions (thanks to near metro station). Very useful for us was a "luggage service" - as our plane departed at 10:00pm we leave our luggage at the hotel for the all last day and picked it up at the evening - very kind people at the reception desk.

• Double or Twin Room

The pool is quite small and there were only a few beds.

The beds were hugs and very comfortable. Extremely clean. Bathroom facilities very nice. And the reception staff really helpful.

We lost allot of our shopping items that we boughyt in the hotel. New cloths that I bought for my kids and wife are lost and just realised after we fly back home.

• Double or Twin Room

Awesome place. Very comfortable, spacious rooms with very elegant and luxurious design style. Pool area is great too and it is not busy at all. Metro is very close, 5 minutes walk. Wi-Fi is great throughout whole hotel, even in the restaurant that is close to the hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

It's the second time I stay in this hotel. You really need to put carpets on the corridors as it is very noisy and disturbing to hear the other guests walking on the corridors and dragging their suitcases on that wooden-like floor. I really consider not staying there again because of the noise. Otherwise, it would be really nice.

bed was comfortable

• Double or Twin Room

There was some problems with the cold water in the bathroom, but this issue didn't affect my good experience at this hotel.

Gustavo at the reception gave me a very beautiful room with a nice view and he was so kind and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and will recommend it to my friends as well. This hotel is not located in the heart of the city but there are lots of public transportation systems near the property like metro and bus which you can use to reach every district you want.

I did not stay at the Rigeletto because they had some plumbing problems but they organised another room for me at the Catalona Barcelona plaza which was also very good and even booked me a taxi to get there. The staff I spoke to was awesome.

The room was small for 2 adults and a kid. More important, the problem with cold water couldn't be solved and we had to have shower with boiled water!!!!!!

It was close to main shopping area.

• Double or Twin Room

The pool is quite small, and can be busy at times

Great location for getting around the city, situated in a leafy area with a few things roundabout. Room was very modern and comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

Would be good to have tea option in room as well as coffee. No water in room beside mini bar, previously complimentary bottle provided. No views from the room but didn't bother me as overnight stay only, may do if you were there for longer.

Brilliant rooms, clean and spacious, very welcoming staff, good breakfast. Have stayed twice would happily stay again. Very good value.

• Double or Twin Room

Only negative is that breakfas is very expensive at EUR 17 per person per day when there are other cafeterias you can have breakfas for half that price.

The property is well taken care of, the staff is really helpful, friendly and polite. The room was very spacious and although the pool was a bit small, this is a bonus considering it is a small hotel in the centre.

• Double or Twin Room

There wasn't much natural light due to the surrounding buildings.

From the outside this hotel doesn't look that much, but on the inside its really lovely. The staff are wonderful. Food is good. Rooms are comfortable with a bathroom looks like the ministry of magic.

• Double or Twin Room

The cleaning staff often set the air conditioning too high after cleaning, causing the temperature too cold when entering the room.

A really nice hotel outside the city center with very friendly staff. The room was nice, clean and spacious and was cleaned properly every day.

• Double or Twin Room

Bar the Camp Nou, nothing else to do around the area but local train station allowed you to get to the central part of the city in 20 mins

Staff was very helpful especially Laia (sp?) Easy check in/out. Room was very impressive.

• Double or Twin Room

Great location for seeing a game in the Camp nou but far from the center.

The stuff was so friendly and helpful thanks Laia Gustavo and the rest for wonderful staying. Every thing was perfect.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The air con in the hotel could definitely be improved could barely feel it and the rooms felt like saunas

Staff were very friendly and helpful, would definitely stay again

• Double or Twin Room

The view from the window and the lack of window in the living room.

Huge and comfortable bed, big bathroom. Close to metro. The staff at the hotel very friendly and professional.

No idea.

What a hidden treasure. The outside didn't promise much, but inside it was simply outstanding. A nice park separated the hotel from FC Barcelona's Camp Nou. The subway Metro was around the corner.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The reception staff service. I had requested an early check-in and it was handled very efficiently and I even got a room upgrade which I wasn't expecting. It was great!

• Double or Twin Room

The room was small, and dark. One window to a dark inner yard.... For that price one expects, at least, a room that does not depress you as you open the door.

The bed was very confortable

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

1. The exercise room was minimal. 2. There were few if any US TV stations. 3. The location was not optimal; it was not close to downtown life nor the convention center.

1. The staff was exceptionally pleasant. I was sorry to leave. Breakfast (with Gulia) was excellent. The counter staff were good and spoke good English. The bartender (Maria) was nice. 2. My room was pleasant and quiet and clean.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

It is a nice small and cosy hotel. Our room (and especially bathroom) was conveniently big. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good with great selection.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning didn't work that well.

Good business hotel. Room fairly large with excellent wifi and a very comfortable bed. Bathroom well appointed. Close to the metro and tram stops and El Cortes Ingles.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

My room was rather dark and although I wasn't going to spend much time in it I would have appreciated more natural light. Also, whilst the breakfasts were very good the layout in the restaurant made it very difficult when busy but there's not a lot they can do to rectify this. Therefore, anyone planning to stay there should aim for either an early or late breakfast and avoid the peak time.

The staff, location and bathroom were all excellent. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived on everthing from the welcome to the quality of the food in the restaurant. A place that I would definitely return to.

• Double or Twin Room

Excelent property for discovery of the whole city, during 4 days ,some steps from Camp Nou and stadion M plus simple fast connection from and to airport.Great breakfast as a starting point.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

We booked 2 nights and paid 530 euro! We reserved one king size bad, but got 2 singles. When we got the reset we saw that actually payment for the hotel vas 180 euro, but the rest, was payment for BOOKING! The hotel personal was surprised too! 530 euro for two nights!!!! no beds like we wanted! Super cold in the room! No breakfast included! So disappointed of booking!

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Despite selecting and requesting a double bed, there were only twin beds available, view from room was a backyard almost "closed in" with very little sun, but the disaster was the temperature. At six degrees the hotel was not prepared for the "unusual for April" weather and everything was frozen as no heating. Despite heating/AC on the hotel info, there was no solution, so stuck for options since we had already checked in and in the room -they did not mention this even though they did seem to be aware of it when we called from the room. Had to ask for duvets or some other solution of heating and got two blankets. Also, late checking was not available and no compensation, discount and/or any formal apology was ever offered or received. Also... were too frozen and poorly to see Barcelona the next day, tried not to get sick and headed straight to the airport early afternoon.

Polite and friendly staff, excellent room service, good location, good Internet speed, nice lounge for work.

• Double or Twin Room

We could not control the temperature of the shower or the temperature of the room.

We stayed 4nights and walked to the Barcelona tennis tournament everyday. The location of the hotel for this and football matches are great. There are some good restaurants in walking distance too. The hotel is clean and the staff helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

There's not much wrong when visiting this hotel. It's pretty central with good transport links. Excellent for the Nou Camp. I would say that the area could do with a few more international food outlets close by, that's all.

I liked the area, the distance from the metro to the Hotel and the distance to the Nou Camp. The restaurants in the immediate area are ok. Starbucks was a real help lol.....The hotel itself is lovely, nice reception, nice little restaurant and the staff were very helpful. The room had a lovely interior. Overall this hotel is in a business/university area which has a friendly/safe feel to it. It's perfect for a trip to the see Barcelona play or the ATP Barcelona tennis tournament. With the metro only 5 mins walk away you can easily access all the major areas or attractions within Barcelona. This hotel is now my hotel for whenever we visit the great city of Barcelona....P.S Messi is the greatest!!

• Double or Twin Room

Coffee machine in my room didn't work

Great size room, separate sitting room. Very comfortable bed and pillows. Lovely range of great quality food at breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

A bigger rooftop area to sunbathe/swim.

The room was very modern and cleaned to high standard daily. The bed was very comfy and spacious. All staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast prices were very expensive so we went out for breakfast each morning. Rooftop pool looked amazing but wasn't heated so couldn't use due to it being too cold.

Excellent staff and cleaning room service was excellent. Wonderful hotel. Staff extremely helpful and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Every thing except location, Actually i do not advise those who will be in Barcelona for the first time to go there as it will give very bad indication

Location although it is very small in size

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Noise insulation from the next room wasn't perfect, but not intrusive.

Great room with a separate sitting area. The bathroom was enormous with a separate bath and shower. The bed was enormous and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a converted appartment block with a very poor outlook. No draft beer in the bar. Water from mini bar was extortionate. Bill paid on arrival.

Staff were pleasant. Bed was comfortable. Wifi worked well.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Room service food was cold and burnt, it had clearly been left on the side for too long. Restaurant food for dinner was also not hot.

Room is a little smaller than average but very clean and extremely comfortable. Both the shower and the bed were amazing.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were friendly and helpful. We went to the Nou Camp to watch FC Barcelona and the stadium was a 5 minute walk from the hotel (if that!). The nearest Metro stop was also 5 minutes away and it turned out to be a god send to travel around.

Browse Catalonia Rigoletto traveller photo gallery