Reviews of El Palace Barcelona 5 stars

9.7

9.7

Fantastic stay
    • Junior Suite (1-2 Adults)

Beautiful hotel. Staff were very friendly and hospitable - couldn’t do enough for you. Left a little cake in room on my husbands birthday which was such a lovely touch. Stayed in junior suite. It was beautiful and spacious. Breakfast was lovely and staff were very good. Can’t say anything negative. Hotel well located.

Beautiful hotel conveniently located.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Beautiful hotel conveniently located. Friendly staff and concierge that will do just about anything for you. Absolutely loved our stay at this Hotel and a definite recommend.

Good staff bad food
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Breakfast tables were Empty at 10.30 in the morning on 01.09.2018.There was no milk no fruit little quantity of all other food at that time. That is not not a five star breakfast!!

Staff,location,cleanliness

El Palace is a flawless experience in a beautiful city.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

The rooftop playlist failed to complement the extraordinary view of Barcelona. A more comprehensive playlist featuring some of Spain's artists could potentially enhance the rooftop vibe. It wouldn't take too much to round out the Barcelona night sky experience, especially under the full moon that we were treated to.

Perfect hotel experience all around! El Palace is a gorgeous hotel with a highly professional and helpful staff. The room was luxurious and a relaxing retreat from our days filled with touring adventure.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

best choice for family trip and will chose again for next trip
    • FAMILY PLAN

view outside my room is not that attractive

my sister was taking wedding pic so our family and the photographer were all stay in this hotel. hotel staff gave us warm welcome and gave gift to us! big room and good facility. view on the rooftop is also impressive. very good for family trip

Luxury interior decoration, heartily staffs, upgrade to...
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Swimming pool is so small

Luxury interior decoration, heartily staffs, upgrade to suite for free, great location in the very central of the city, breakfast served good

5 STAR When only the Best Will Do
    • Premier Junior Suite (1-2 Adults)

Everything About El Palace Barcelona is 5 star The Staff cannot do enough for you from welcoming you to making sure your stay and all your needs are taken care of.. Roof Top Bar DJ and Dinning a must do or enjoy there Club/Music Bar Basement level to early hrs or just laze by the roof top pool....

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Mr. & Mrs Hewson
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Ice machine on at least one floor level would have been nice

Excellent location ,within walking distance of the designer shops and abundance of tapas bars and restaurants.

Excellent stay!
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Lack of breakfast and room service options Slow wifi

Perfect location. Walkable to almost everything we wanted to go to. Warm, friendly and helpful staff. Huge clean room.

beautiful property that is not 5 star service. save ur money.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

service was inconsistent; pool staff couldn't be bothered to do their job and were annoyed if asked anything- they also claimed to not speak English. The esthetician in the spa tried to refuse to take my appointment for an Express manicure, though the spa would not close for 35 more minutes. she was on a personal phone call and barefoot- clearly not wanting to work. when I insisted, she literally huffed and threw a bit of a tantrum but gave me a manicure. during that time her associate came along and began to talk about me in Spanish but stopped suddenly and asked, "¿¿Ella habla Espanol??"" I did not answer though I speak fluently. Lastly when I forgot my laptop charger in my hotel room, the front desk only pretended they had addressed, when in fact they hadn't even checked lost and found. Ibhad to threaten to call the police and file a report of theft for them to actually look for my charger. None of this is 5 Star service or protocol. limited room service menu and what was offered was not very good. smallish pool for the amount of rooms they house. lack of electrical outlets in rooms.

beautiful property, good location, generous gifts of chocolates, champagne, and macarons. immaculate housekeeping. lovely tea service. apologized when they were wrong, except for the pool staff who were always sullen and annoyed.

I like the hotel.
    • Junior Suite (1-2 Adults)

Last two times we stayed were not great. In June our car was cracked at the hotel car parking and they didn’t tell us about it. We just noticed it on the way. Now in July our room was the worst we had in the hotel. Bathroom was very tied. Not working properly. Not clean.

I like the hotel. Very nice and comfortable with amazing helpful staff.

More than Wonderful
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

I had an early morning flight and when I arrived to the hotel they offered me an early check in , the staff is very friendly and helpful. Honestly i will choose this hotel in every trip to Barcelona

Great - but very disappointng junior suite

The junior suite was not very pleasant - the room was lovely inside but it overlooked the inside of the building so you looked directly at the other side of the building wall -Room 628 Definitely not value for money - you are better off with a Classic Room

We had booked two rooms. One was a Classic Room and the other was a Junior Suite. My son was travelling with us and his room - the cheaper of both rooms was a beautiful room and faced the street with plenty of light and was light and roomy and great value for money This was room 604 and it was really nice The junior suite was not very pleasant - the room was lovely inside but it overlooked the inside of the building so you looked directly at the other side of the building wall -Room 628 - I suggest that if you get offered that room as a junior suite do not accept it as it is dark inside and has no view Sadly we paid a significant amount of money for 3 nights stay in the junior room and we would have been better off in a Classic Room. On checkout, I was asked by the receptionist what they could improve on. I tol him about the room and he said it was a compromise for a larger room - I don't want a compromise when I have spent a few thousand dollars to see a building wall After travelling 24 hours from Australia - it was disappointing

Paradise found!

Nothing really

Breakfast was extraordinary! Common areas, terrace were excellent! We had to pull ourselves to go out, it was lovely to stay in. This is the best hotel I have stayed in Barcelona.

Luxury Hotel in City Centre.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Its excellent location, close to major tourist attractions is an added advantage to the most hospitable service offered by thus Hotel started in 1919 as Ritz and completing 100 years next year. The Roof Top Bar is amazing. The Breakfast spread is also amazing. Housed in a wonderful Building, the interiors truly match the grandeur. Most efficient Room Service.

Perfect location, clean, quiet, very hospital and kind staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Perfect location, very clean. Our room was on the street side, we didn't hear anything from the street - very quite. The staff was excellent from the moment we walked in until we left. The breakfast was a feast - so many options, quick attention, so convenient. I would highly recommend staying here.

The hotel is on a very good location.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

One day when I went back to the room on 4 pm I found the room was not cleaned at all. I went out again and was back on 11pm. The room was finally be cleaned but they didn’t put new sanitary pack and the everyday chocolate. I called the reception twice over 40 mins to get some shampoo for shower!

The hotel is on a very good location. You can walk to the two famous ‘Gaudi buildings’, or take a bus to the Barceloneta beach and Sagrada Familia. The bed and pillows are comfortable, all bathroom facilities are great! Most staff are nice, friendly and willing to help. Champagne and chocolates are provided when check-in. And I love the traditional European decoration and the roof swimming pool.

Very good and convenient location.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Concierge(s) were very nice and helpful, however we received two bad recommendations on dinner spots. I'm not sure why, but the dinner restaurants as selected by the by the concierges were not as expected.

Very good and convenient location.

Worthwhile
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

I would have like an iron as my clothes were wrinkled during flight. The toilet does require flushing a couple of times as likely it is an old building.

The hotel staff are very helpful and friendly. You can also walk to a lot of the attractions easily. It is in a great location. The breakfast was delicious and varied. The maids did a great job working around my schedule to clean. The room service food was great also.

We loved staying at El Palace Barcelona!! Fabulous location and wonderful hotel!!
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

The staff at this hotel were exceptional! Rooms are nice size. Great bathrooms. Very comfortable bed. All meals were fantastic. We loved staying at El Palace!

fantastic room and service.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

fantastic room and service. great location. excellent concierge service giving good recommendations for restaurants and also assisted with reservations

A stunning hotel from a bygone era that is hard to find these days. Exquisitely decorated!
    • Junior Suite (1-2 Adults)

Staff in main restaurant a little inattentive, sat down for a meal, was given the menus but had to ask for a drink after ten minutes. The food made up for their slow service it was fabulous.

The hotel is absolutely amazing and great facilities.

Heaven on Earth!
    • Junior Suite (1-2 Adults)

Unbelievably luxurious, the staff were so friendly, they all remembered our names and treated us like esteemed members of their family. We recommend this hotel.

A royal experience 👑
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

The staff were super helpful. The concierge gave the best recommendations. My son got a fever and they got me a doctor right away. It was the best stay , felt like home. Will definitely stay there every time I visit Barcelona.

The hotel is great!

Dearly

The hotel is great! Words difficult to hand the crux of the! You need to feel it and live it! But I was particularly impressed with the live music starting! I understand that this "forehead" does not pay off, but the atmosphere of these evenings is incomparable! One of the few places in which you want to return!

Beautiful Hotel with great location

No thing

The location of the hotel was perfect. The rooms are beautifully designed. Every single person from the staff was very welcoming , friendly and helpful starting from the reception, concierge, restaurants staff, doormen.. and the rest. Special thanks to Amal Al Nuaimi a staff member at the hotel, she received us and gave us a great overview and all the information we need about the hotel and its services and the city in general. We enjoyed staying at the hotel.

great bed, nice little extras (personal greeting card,...
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

price of the room, the shower door was off and couldn´t be shut tight

great bed, nice little extras (personal greeting card, chocolates, turn down service), great breakfast, very professional and friendly staff

Very comfortable
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

I did not score 5 due to cost of the bar, I can never understand why 5star charge so much And a couple of the door men did not take time out to smile or knowledge us

This hotel was so comfortable especially the bed it was home from home which is a big bonus. Hotel staff were really helpful. Would happily recommend

Service was incredible - made tons of dining reservations...
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Service was incredible - made tons of dining reservations for us and followed up on everything. Had little cards for us to give taxi drivers to get to all places we needed to go. The doorman made sure taxis understood addresses and hailed taxis for us. There was a metro station behind the hotel. Barcelona is spread out and this location was a little away from the throngs of people but close enough to walk to some very cool areas. Old school luxury at its best...this is a dying breed of hotels .... it is a TEN!!!!!!

Beautiful, luxurious & classy.

Nothing at all !!

Charming, classical design hotel and furniture. The atmosphere was very warm and cozy and made us feel right at home the moment we stepped in. Everything was up to standard for a 5 star European city Hotel (quality of service, food, cleanliness and facilities). Location was superb and walking distance to city center.

Perfect trip in a beautiful hotel in a wonderful city. Staff all amazing and cant fault anything

Absolutely nothing

Absolutely loved every second of this trip from the moment we got to the hotel. The staff were all fantastic and so friendly, the hotel itself was beautiful and in the perfect location slap bang next to everything. Food at the hotel was gorgeous and their chips were just perfect as a Brit i love my chips and cup of tea. Room was beautiful with a lovely view. Hopefully one day i can come visit Barcelona and this beautiful hotel and staff very soon. Also a big thank you as i left all my rings in the bathroom when i left for the airport and they posted then straight away which i have just received. Thank you so much

Beautiful hotel and excellent staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Although we didn’t pay for the breakfast option as it was expensive and we wanted to explore the city, we did order coffee to the room one morning and we were very disappointed that it was so weak. You would expect a hotel of this quality to serve good coffee. Much better coffee at other small bakeries or coffee shops.

Excellent and attentive staff. Beautiful room!

As the weather was good 25 deg. at the end of Oct. it made our walks around very pleasant indeed.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

With a hotel as excellent as it is, should try and improve by getting a Michelin star restaurant on the premises like they used to have but lost it. Otherwise, hotel itself, was excellent.

Beautiful building, compared to other hotels. And was also beautifully decorated inside. Excellent breakfast and the location where we ate it.

Grand

Not a thing!

Beautiful property with a wonderful staff. All that a luxury hotel should be and more. The staff made you feel that " The Palace " was your home.

Look forward to staying again one day
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Breakfast was nothing special for such a great hotel.

Service was impeccable and room was very comfortable.Location was excellent too.Quiet but close to everything.

Great for romance, rest, restaurant, elegance. The best of everything!
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Both the rooftop dining as well as the lower level bar were closed for a private party so we were unable to utilize them. Had we known earlier that the new restaurant was there, we would have booked sooner

This is the third time we have stayed at El Palace. The first time, 25 years ago, it was called the Ritz and though beautiful, it was showing wear. It has been upgraded superbly and is one of the leading hotels of the world as far as we are concerned. They have added a gorgeous restaurant and bar on the roof top, as well as a pool since the last time we were there.

Hotel must-see at least once in a lifetime.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

I know it was a very expensive hotel but the drinks were just too expensive.

The bed was high-end comfortable. Make sure you check out the view from the roof top patio.

• Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

The staff The receptionist gave me a bill with extra nights When I asked them to fix it they printed it wrong again I actually had to teach the guy how to count the right number of nights I stayed there!!

The best hotel is Spain well worth the investment.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

One of the best hotels I ever stayed at. Staff was very professional and helpful. The seven floor patio is a true heavenly experience. Rooms are to die for. Would highly recommend this as an experience you will remember for a life time.

The concierge desk and the customer relations manager Julie...

The concierge desk and the customer relations manager Julie are the most professional I have met The breakfast buffet is amazing and has very personal servers!

All in all a superb hotel in a superb location that I would highly recommend.
    • Junior Suite (1-2 Adults)

The "hot food" choices at breakfast weren't actually hot!

Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff.............and the rooftop pool and terrace was amazing!!

Prices were bet high

Staff are so friendly,helpful and worm strating from the entrance trought the reception and the concierge ending with the resturants cafe and the cleaning team

We enjojed our stay and would highly recommend the Hotel Palace.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Hotel staff was outstanding. The hotel itself was beautiful and our accommodations were very comfortable. The location is great and close to restaurants and shopping.

We highly recommend this property for any visitors who plan a stay in Barcelona.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Absolutely wonderful staff, very hospitable and truly welcoming. The property is a gem, historic but extremely well maintained and with all the luxury and comfort to make guests feel right at home.

Great looking hotel in the heart of the city with posh looking design
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Gym was not that good. Pool is kind of small and chairs around it were occupied.

Great looking hotel in the heart of the city with posh looking design. Staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean and beautiful. Overall good experience, no big complaints

Lovely experience!
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Ala Carter breakfast selections were a bit pricey

Elegant, outstanding roof top amenities including pool, leisure areas, restaurant and bar. Wonderful staff

Enjoyable Stay
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Lighting in bathroom could have been brighter, some of the breakfast staff whilst being efficient could have done with more people skills, last day was disappointing when it took 45 mins for my order of 1 poached egg

Comfy pillows, Excellent and friendly greeting from Julie who showed us around when we first arrived - first impressions are so important! good range for breakfast, we were on level 6 and the balcony allowed us to view and hear the street and surrounding area from a different perspective

Roof Garden was great - view, cocktails and entertainment.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Roof Garden was great - view, cocktails and entertainment. I had left some clothing at the hotel and the hotel went over and above to ensure It was returned to me before I left Europe.

Fabulous hotel!

Everything was wonderful!

The staff was very helpful and our room was fabulous! We ordered room service which was beautifully delivered and delicious. We loved the tv in the mirror above the mantle. The bathroom was large and luxurious.

Magnificent
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Restaurant a little on the expensive side

Magnificent hotel, staff very friendly and could not do enough for you, room beautifully appointed, entrainment in the restaurant and cocktail bar excellent and very enjoyable

Very helpful and friendly staff
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

There was a little confusion at breakfast which was the fault of the reception but they weren't very apologetic about it. All got sorted quickly though.

Very helpful and friendly staff We had a bottle of champagne waiting for us in the room as it was our 25th wedding anniversary which was a very nice touch.

Perfect! Stay here!

Absolutely nothing!

Everything was lovely. Our rooms (515 no 516) were spacious, clean, comfortable. Beds were just right and they have a pillow menu. Bathrooms were well appointed with premium toiletries. Staff were so friendly, helpful and professional. Old fashioned charm. Located very close to the main shopping strip and about 10-15 mins walk to the gothic area.

Barcelona perfection! The name "Palace" says it all.

That I had to leave.

This hotel was just perfect in every way. Walking distance to all the major areas in the city center for shopping, sight seeing, eating, etc. The staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. They make you feel special. The room is large and beautiful and modern (e.g. the bathroom), but retains a very old world feeling. The common areas are gorgeous. The breakfast was scrumptious and it is in a lovely setting. I could not have been more pleased, and I am EXTREMELY picky about hotels. I would stay here every time I come to Barcelona without even looking at another hotel.

Luxurious and Freindly.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Taxis don't seem to know it as El Palace but as The Ritz - even after many years.

Friendly and efficient staff, big luxurious room, comfortable bed and fully equipped bathroom. The new pool area and roof garden was great. We have been visiting since 2010 and it just keeps getting better.

Perfect birthday getaway
    • Double Deluxe room with Roman Bath

Was our first trip there so everything felt wonderful. Can't think of anything to change.

Service great. Complimentary wine and cake! Rooftop area very relaxing. Afternoon tea in large bar beyond reception was lovely. Live music in bluesman bar was brilliant.

The PERFECT, flawless hotel :)
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Hotel Palace GL is probably the best hotel I've stayed at so far. It’s located in the upscale Eixample neighborhood yet in short walking distance to the old town and La Rambla. The hotel is very elegantly decorated; Staff were very diligent and friendly; our room was large with a huge bathroom; the bed was extremely comfortable. The rooftop terrace and restaurant were excellent. Everything was just perfect. We had such a pleasant stay here. Highly recommended!

Central to the city, very comfortable fantastic experience all round
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

The only negative is the price of the breakfast in the hotel would definitely recommend exploring the cafe's around the hotel as they are much better value.

The view from the roof top bar was spectacular. The room was top notch a good size, very quite and comfortable. The Bathroom was well laid out modern and scrupulously clean with and great shower.

A wonderful stay!!
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Area of improvement - we were little bored with having the same breakfast every day for 4 days , even the dishes were the same and kept at the same place . I am sure that the chef can do better for a 5 star hotel as per my travel experience. Though the breakfast was very good with vegetable sandwich, fresh fruits and salmon, the different dips etc.

We stayed 4 nights and checked out on 26-Jun. The hotel has palace interiors, very clean, housekeeping does the room makeup as and when you want. The concierge is very information and helpful for example they got of tickets for the best Flamence show in town the same day which otherwise is usually fully book . The black rice with seafood in their menu is a must try. The pool is small but more of a relaxation. The hotel was very considerate for our 2 children and upgraded our room too for a comfortable stay. They have 2 bookings in my name and had reserved 2 rooms, it was duplicate booking and we were worried of the cancellation fee but they understood our problem and waived it. They could also get us baby sitting for about 20EUR /hour in case we wanted but we were not sure if our kids would really adjust. The parking is public right next building and is something like either 3.2EUR/hour or 30/day flat rate and the concierge can park it for you and get your car when you want

Beautiful hotel!
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Breakfast is great, and so is the restaurant on the rooftop. The staff is beyond helpful... the people at the concierge desk went out of their way to make our stay a wonderful experience! The location is great and the decor is beautiful.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Recommended for anyone seeking Spanish elegance and a quiet room.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

We didn't eat breakfast there because it was too expensive for what we eat for breakfast.

We like the spacious room with its Spanish décor and ambience. For every other Barcelona accommodation we looked at on the internet the rooms were decorated in modern décor. We prefer a style that reflects the country we are visiting. Having stayed in Barcelona before, this time we requested a quiet room away from a busy street and El Palace exceeded our need. We felt safe walking around the neighborhood late in the evening. We splurged on this hotel and it exceeded our expectations. Highly recommended to others.

Great historic hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

They even helped me when my iPhone was stolen by pickpocket on street.

The staff was tremendous. Concierge and doorman and front desk were all first rate.

The room and the bed were very comfortable but not good...
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

An old fashioned de luxe hotel - it was very expensive. Gran Via C C is a very busy road and on a lower floor the noise would have been intrusive. The pool was very small and not good for adults.

The room and the bed were very comfortable but not good value.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Most romantic stay!

Nothing to say!

We enjoyed everything, from luxury breakfast to nice romantic evenings in the rooftop bars and restaurants with life music, from extremely cozy bed to tropical shower. Really good attitude and attention for all your needs.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Spectacular Property well located in Barcelona
    • Junior Suite (1-2 Adults)

Clunky huge room key you had to leave at front desk. Time to switch to cards.

Spectacular building just remodeled. Not cheap by any means but very beautiful and very attentive staff. Rooftop bar and Winter Garden Restaurant had spectacular views.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Great hotel, great location, makes you feel special.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous. But we were extremely lucky. The front desk upgraded us to a Junior suite. Wow. It was wonderful. And we so appreciated it. He saw that we were staying for a while and upgraded us because he had space. That's pretty darn fantastic. Many hotels do not let the front desk make those kinds of decisions. It was a great decision. And the conceige was always very helpful. And everyone welcomed us and acknowledged us when we came and went. Bravo!

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Excellent hotel in the nicest part of Barcelona. Would definitely return.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

The only downside to our trip was the service on the rooftop bar and restaurant. We were mostly ignored when we were up there and the service was horrendously slow and sometimes did not come at all. We were even refused entry on one night when we went up or a drink because they were 'too busy'. Not good enough in my opinion - it was like they were not part of the same hotel. Rude and obnoxious. We did report this to the hotel when we checked out. The rooftop area is beautiful and one of the main attractions for this hotel. Peace and tranquility in a city is a rare touch; its just a shame the staff that worked up there let it down.

Staff were excellent, room was beautiful and the hotel is in a great location - everything in walking distance. The facilities in the hotel were very good. Would definitely stay here again and did not want to leave!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

What a beautiful, classy property!
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

It has a marvelous rain shower that overflowed the shower pan when we used it the first time. We just didn't use the rain head again as there was a handheld available.

This is a beautiful, classic luxury property providing all of the best amenities and service you expect in a fine European hotel. We will stay here again! The staff was excellent, the bar and all of the restaurants (including room service), were very good and the location is fantastic. It is close to everything, yet quiet and peaceful.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Easy access to Passeig Gracie by foot
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Bathroom too dark; shower not ideal; countertop material looks cheap with water easily accumulating & requires constant mopping with face towel

Public space is elegant; bedroom's high ceiling and bright

A truly wonderful Experience
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Our only slight disatisfaction was that the shower tiles were in need of an overhaul. Otherwise the whole of our stay was Perfect

Everyone working at the hotel during our stay was exceptional. These people included; Reception Staff, Front Desk, the Doormen, the Concierege, The Maids, Waiters and Waitresses. All of whom were professional, extremely polite and courteous. They were very welcoming, knowlegeable and warm and friendly at all times. Your staff, at every level, are a credit to your hotel. We were celebrating our 22nd Wedding Anniversay and the Concierege made it even more special by leaving a gift of Champagne and Chocolates along with a congratulatory anniversary message in our room. We asked them to make a reseveration for us at a restaurant of their recommendation (We were looking for a good steak house) and they did not disappoint, the Restaurant - Lomo Alto was a superb dining experience. We would like to thank everyone at the Hotel Palace GL for making our stay so memorable.

Incredible experience!
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

The pillows were a bit too soft - the head falls in and if someone sleeps on the side their head can crush their arm and wake them up in the middle of the night.

Excellent location right in the middle of the city - perfect connection to the airport bus and the airport. My fiancée forgot her shirt - I called the hotel and they not only found it, but are sending it back free of charge! A true 5-star treatment!

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Slow and NOT tasty
    • Double Deluxe room with Roman Bath

Room Service, Restaurants in general. We were very much surprised (!!) that in Barcelona (one of the world capital for cusine) the food in all hotel restaurants were NOT TASTY and the service was SLOW.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

I was totally astonished by the lobby when I just got...
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

I was totally astonished by the lobby when I just got arrived (the picture as attached). Staff were really nice and attentative. Location was also great, just few minutes away from the luxury street, Passeig de Gracia. The restaurant at top roof was also fantastic and we had a pleasant dinner with my friends. I will certainly stay here when I have chance to visit Barcelona again.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

An excellent hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

An excellent hotel. We would definitely stay here again. The staff were attentive, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel breakfast buffet was sumptuous. The hotel was very clean. It was centrally located, ideal for a city break.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

A beautiful hotel, with superb staff - good job guys!
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

I don't think our trip could have been improved. Job well done.

The styling of this hotel is right on point, it is glamorous and royal (as the hotel name probably suggests) but at the same shows a modern twist. The breakfast room is light, airy with high ceilings and beautiful flooring. The lobby is "grand" to say the least. The roof top terrace and restaurant (where we enjoyed an excellent Bloody Mary whilst exploring the hotel) is painted with murals and the view over Barcelona from the highest viewpoint (up a further set of stairs) is impressive. Breakfast was superb with a great choice which even included an oriental selection alongside your more traditional options of full english, hams, cheeses, breads, croissants etc etc. The Spa massage was lovely - we had a 'couples massage' in the same room - and despite telling the lady that I don't fall asleep during massages I was soon waking myself up by snoring! The concierge were superb throughout. Lastly it was my wife's birthday and not only were we supplied with a bottle of cava upon arrival in our room but they also remembered the actual day of her birthday and brought her a cake at breakfast! Oh and don't miss the jazz club which opens at 11pm ... it was great to pop into after a meal out in Barcelona - it was busy to say the least!

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Fantastic service!
    • Deluxe Double Room (1-2 Adults)

Fantastic service! Great bonus to my Birthday was a lovely upgrade to a Junior Suite 🎈 Charming hotel, beautiful ambiance, amazing interior, a true feel of a palace!

Browse El Palace Barcelona traveller photo gallery